PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Hoffman

absolutezero
04-18-2006, 07:02 PM
They are talking about Dr. Hoffman or LSD fame here aren't they, as if he was a real hospital doctor?

http://www.hofmann.org/

Tertius Oculum
04-18-2006, 11:08 PM
No. The Doctor is named Dr. William I think. I believe this song is talking about someone who has taken too much LSD and it caused amnesia? I'm not too sure.

Idiotica
04-18-2006, 11:21 PM
syd barrett of pink floyd took too much LSD and went over the edge... could be about him - SHINE ON U CRAZY DIAMOND!!!

Mescaline
04-19-2006, 05:47 AM
LSD = KEY

Nate-dogg21
04-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Ok, back when LSD was first synthesized, they would conduct controlled experiments with LSD. They would administer it to people (whom they paid) and they would watch the effects of it... I think thats kind of what this is referencing to, theres a deeper meaning that i havent quite figured out, but i think that is what they are referring to. What is taking place here, is the patient (maynard) is freaking out and having a bad experience, and the doctors are trying to figure out whats going on.

From there this proceeds into rosetta stoned.... which is obviusly about someone who has an amazing experience on drugs(my interpretation) and they are in a realm between alive and dead. While on this drug experience, they are told they are "the chosen one."

This song is just a segue for rosetta stoned, its just used as a set up. Its like, you have the external view of the person tripping, and then whats going on inside their own little world. Pretty rad if you ask me... This is what i get from the song.

There's a book by Tom Wolfe called the Electric Kool-aid acid test which describes the era of when LSD was legal and first synthesized, id reccomend you read it. It explains LSD and why its illegal...

Neel
04-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I got t he feeling that some guy went to the emergency room while tripping on acid or something.

Nate-dogg21
04-19-2006, 12:57 PM
i would agree.... but the nurse says we have a problem in "exam 3" which makes it seem more like this was a test...

Chuck_Of_Wah
04-19-2006, 01:09 PM
The dude who tells the story could be related to the psychotic freaked out dude at the end of the Lateralus album. Just a thought... Area - 51 and they both sound scared as fuck.

stardown
04-19-2006, 02:11 PM
I have heard.....heard as in not my original idea, haha. That acid was tested on some people and a few of them literally became insane in the process. I have no proof, s'only a rumor in my eyes til someone confirms it or disproves it I guess.

Cemetery Shindig
04-19-2006, 02:26 PM
i would agree.... but the nurse says we have a problem in "exam 3" which makes it seem more like this was a test...

Exam 3 = Examination Room 3. It's hospital slang. Never seen ER or any hospital show?

bogsnarth
04-19-2006, 02:30 PM
lsd is often called a "psychotomimetic" drug.. which means it "mimes" or imitates the effects of psychosis.. people who've done the most research on it don't really like the term, but it's been shown by the u.s. and british militaries that when you give people acid without their knowledge, people of a certain mental state will almost certainly sink into psychosis, at least for the duration of the trip and in a worst case scenario, for the rest of their lives.

i think nate-dogg has it right, more or less.. i wouldn't assume the guy in lost keys/rosetta stoned was on drugs (although the names do hint at it).. but he clearly had some sort of mind-blowing experience and is now in a hospital, trying to remember what the beings in his experience told him..

as someone who's done quite a lot of lsd, i can relate.. except to the hospital part.. i never lost my shit quite that bad..

minusblindfold
04-19-2006, 02:47 PM
i think what it is supposed to be is hoffman conducting experiments with lsd, and questioning the patients. rosetta stoned is the patients reponse while high on the lsd - note: the psycotic speech

HolyReality
04-19-2006, 04:54 PM
lsd is fun. never had a bad experience, but I can see how fucked up it could be.

bogsnarth
04-19-2006, 04:59 PM
i don't think albert hofmann ever experimented on people with acid.. certainly not in a situation where he would have them strapped down to a bed..

btw, happy bicycle day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_Day), everybody.. ^_^

FistFck
04-19-2006, 07:12 PM
no, the doctor is dr watson, and it seems that its a patient admitted to a hospital with unknown circumstances, who isnt responding to anyones talking. the doctor finally asks him to explain himself, which is where we begin rosetta stoned.

fender59
04-25-2006, 04:36 AM
I remember one time I did I acid, i was having a pretty intense trip, and I started to get into one of those, I dont think ill ever come down, im Insane trips, and my friends started giving me orange juice, heh, seemed to have no effect tho.

Untamed
04-25-2006, 04:55 AM
I remember one time I did I acid, i was having a pretty intense trip, and I started to get into one of those, I dont think ill ever come down, im Insane trips, and my friends started giving me orange juice, heh, seemed to have no effect tho.

I tripped once on 2 hits, I was sitting on a beach and had a friend there that was sober, he decided to tell me that God, Jesus, Buddah and all the other "Gods" were out on that freighter being tugged around by a tug boat, I stared so hard I could see the line between the tug and the liner. Anyway I thought it would be a good idea to go meet these guys. So I started swimming, least I thought I was, my friend said I was swimming on a sidewalk and the day after I beleived him, I was all bloodied up on my legs and arms. I coulda swore I made it to the boat, but Once I got there I was on a swingset. freaky shit. somewhere between me swimming on the sidewalk and walking half a mile to the park to sit on a swing, in my head, I was swimming and boarding the boat. Never tripped again.

Butnz
04-25-2006, 05:12 AM
Untamed, thats why you never let someone who hasnt taken drugs chill with you while your hallucinating, casue they'll tell you crazy things like that and of course, being under the influence, you'll believe them.

The best thing i've seen was a two foot high gnome. Actually had a conversation with the guy, fine man. I was in the company of two others who were in the same state of mine as me and it was the best time of my life. The others times (2) have mostly been self reflection deals with not nearly as intense visuals.

I think mostly the tests where people went insane from lsd was when they were administered an extremely high dose, although i could see someone getting "dosed" (given acid without consent or knowledge) who has a fragile mind, then they might crack and have a song written about them like Lost Keys. (knew there was a point somewhere)

fender59
04-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Oh GOD DAMNITT MAN!!!

insaner
04-25-2006, 05:55 PM
not acid, cmon. dimension tea.

fender59
04-25-2006, 10:21 PM
apart from the fact that the point of my first post was completely lost,
dude, you couldnt trip that hard if you were high on christ.

I think its really wierd how hard people exagerate the effects of LSD. I mean yea its a drug, but its not a ticket to wonderland, I mean, all thoughts and reason are not completely lost. I guess thats proof that nixon won the drug war, when I hear stories of attempting to swim on cement, Im sorry, just doesnt happen in the real world, thats just the movies....

spiiiral
04-25-2006, 11:23 PM

ayahuasca?

i dont think its acid

i think if its anything its DMT after listening to my friends about the differences. different trips totally.

or maybe he just had a ridiculous encounter with aliens and since hes scared shitless goes to the hospital and they just think hes insane and tripping on drugs because of hofmann's discovery of LSD. blame hofmann for him ending up in a straight jacket at the end.

ShamanicTom
04-26-2006, 12:23 AM

hah! I've never heard aya referred to that way. very clever

boondie
04-26-2006, 12:44 AM

I think its really wierd how hard people exagerate the effects of LSD. I mean yea its a drug, but its not a ticket to wonderland, I mean, all thoughts and reason are not completely lost. I guess thats proof that nixon won the drug war, when I hear stories of attempting to swim on cement, Im sorry, just doesnt happen in the real world, thats just the movies....
one time i smoked weed and bong turned into a snake and i cut my wrists and died.... true story man.. drugs suck.....

azatoth
04-26-2006, 03:44 AM
any one care to send me some high-grade acid..or N,N-DMT ..PM me,thx

bogsnarth
04-26-2006, 02:32 PM

the strength of black market acid has decreased drastically since its heyday in the 60s-70s.. one hit used to contain upwards of 400 micrograms, if i remember correctly.. now you'd have to take a ten-strip or more to get the same amount.. and of course, since it's black market, often people get other things instead of lsd (stp, roach spray, meth, etc) so people's reports can't always be trusted to be accurate.

but if you read the literature from before lsd was illegalized, you'll see that powerful doses are *quite* capable of producing the really "far out" or extreme trips described by some people.. and as a corollary, acid effects different people differently.. someone with a particularly vivid imagination and a bit of gullibility can have very realistic hallucinations on acid, but for someone like myself it's primarily mental with just some cool visual effects ("breathing," tracers, geometric patterns, general "morphing" of things and people, etc).

gabis
04-26-2006, 08:36 PM
the strength of black market acid has decreased drastically since its heyday in the 60s-70s.. one hit used to contain upwards of 400 micrograms, if i remember correctly.. now you'd have to take a ten-strip or more to get the same amount.. and of course, since it's black market, often people get other things instead of lsd (stp, roach spray, meth, etc) so people's reports can't always be trusted to be accurate.

but if you read the literature from before lsd was illegalized, you'll see that powerful doses are *quite* capable of producing the really "far out" or extreme trips described by some people.. and as a corollary, acid effects different people differently.. someone with a particularly vivid imagination and a bit of gullibility can have very realistic hallucinations on acid, but for someone like myself it's primarily mental with just some cool visual effects ("breathing," tracers, geometric patterns, general "morphing" of things and people, etc).

I was just going to post pretty much that exact same thing. I have seen people freak out while I was on the same doses as they were, and I was fine. Some people lack the capacity to step back and go "Hey, I took fucking acid."

As for personal trips, I too rarely experienced anything beyond the effects mentioned(breathing, morphing, patterns/shapes, colors etc). I always hear music when im tripping too. Whether it be completely in my head, or finding rhythm in the sounds around me there is always music. I havent taken acid in years though. I actually think the last time mightve been when Lateralus first came out.. I walked around for a few hours through the wilderness with my headphones and listened to the album for my first time. That was amazing, and the only time I tripped alone. If not the last time, one of the last.. and one of the best.

kyyuulle
04-26-2006, 08:38 PM
hahaha!

theprosperone
04-26-2006, 09:55 PM

The good acid is all over the festival circut and you can easily extract and purify n,n-dmt yourself. ;)

I figured this was just about acid (Duh Hoffman) and losing your keys. Hell, I've lost my keys lots of times while I had a good headfull of acid.

Also you've never had a real acid trip until you eat at least a 10strip. :D

fender59
04-26-2006, 09:58 PM

You know, Ive found quite the opposite, in the 60-70's most people where getting a hold of something around lsd-6 or something, most of it was pharmaceutical (or at least made by the pharmaceutical companies, but i cant name who), and at this point in time I think they are already to lsd-25, I mean its possible that what your getting isnt even infact LSD but strychnine, or I guess you could be getting old formula, but when I compare the lsd-25 of today to the lsd-6 or so of yesterday, I think someone has been ripping you off, to have to take over 3+ hits to enjoy your lsd, means you have been scammed, One hit should be enough that you are definitly high , I guess could just be the actuall micrograms though like you said, but honestly, I find lsd alone is better for just hanging out with friends and being social and shooting the shit, but mix what we consider weak (marijuana) with lsd, and it becomes a much more visual trip, kind of a weird outcome, but true in my expereince with lsd-25

bogsnarth
04-26-2006, 10:04 PM
lsd-25 is just anothername for lsd.. the sandoz lab batch (hofmann's) was lsd-25 and anybody who makes lsd is making lsd-25.. the only difference is how much it is diluted and how many micrograms of lsd are contained in the medium (blotter paper, water, breath drops, whatever people cut acid with)

there is no such thing as lsd-6.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD-25

once again, having an opinion is good, but having an opinion based on actual facts is usually better.

edit: also, strychnine in lsd is a myth (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_myth5.shtml)

edit2: and i was way off re: 400 micrograms.. the wiki article says 100-150 in the old days, 25-50 now.

Emericana
04-26-2006, 11:20 PM
I was just going to post pretty much that exact same thing. I have seen people freak out while I was on the same doses as they were, and I was fine. Some people lack the capacity to step back and go "Hey, I took fucking acid."

buddy... all i have to say.. is that if you take enough clean LSD. you WILL freak out. trust me its happened to me and i am a experienced tripper who has tripped 30+ times on various drugs (LSD, DMT, 2C-E, 2C-D, MDMA etc...) two drops of liquid LSD which was incredibly clean and incredibly potent spiraled me into the most horrifying experience i have ever had. i had the capacity to say "i took fucking acid" i knew i was tripping.... i couldnt get the bad to go away though... everybody has their breaking point dude... including you. lsd is incredibly strong stuff and needs to be respected for it

bogsnarth
04-27-2006, 11:17 AM
i agree.. i had a really bad trip once and it didn't matter that i was totally aware i was on acid.. i was still terrified to the depths of my being, and i remained quite paranoid for a few months afterwards.. i didn't fully get over the effect until the next time i took acid, which was probably more than a year afterwards.. and a trip or two after that, i had the most amazing experience ever, on the day lateralus was released.. listening to that and aenima all night and peaking during third eye while with 2 of my best friends ever (who are still my 2 best friends) was one of the greatest experiences of my life, without a doubt.

but i digress.. back on topic: bad trips are par for the course.. if you're not ready to have your world crumble utterly, it's probably best not to dabble in lsd. ;)

fender59
04-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Im not saying you cant have a bad or intense trip, Iv had intense trips but never a bad one, my point is many people belive any dose of lsd will turn them into total maniacs and they will instantly loose all reason and jump from a tall building. Infact most people I have seen freak on lsd had a very small amount and just when they started to feel the effects start they freak out and think "Shit man I just took lsd, Im gonna be crazy forever" and their imagination goes crazy. I based the lsd-6 ect.. information from William S. Burroughs Naked Lunch , if that infact was not factual information....well then I guess William S. Burroughs was wrong, but I was only basing it on that. As far as strychnine, maybe it is a rumor, but damnitt, Ive never talked to a single lsd dealer or user who when talking quality didnt mention, I figured everyone considered it a fact.

bogsnarth
04-27-2006, 09:45 PM
taking things from fiction and "everybody said so" as facts is a sure-fire way to be highly misinformed about things. ;)

rembrandt_q_einstein
04-27-2006, 10:02 PM
ayahuasca?

i dont think its acid

i think if its anything its DMT after listening to my friends about the differences. different trips totally.

or maybe he just had a ridiculous encounter with aliens and since hes scared shitless goes to the hospital and they just think hes insane and tripping on drugs because of hofmann's discovery of LSD. blame hofmann for him ending up in a straight jacket at the end.

ive never done dmt, but ive done amt. waaaaaaaaaayyyy too much amt and at one point actually ended up in a mental hospital, thats why this song kinda freaks me out cuz on lost keys, i can kinda remember having experience like that... the doctor was tryin to talk to me and i didnt really respond. everytime i hear this song now it sends me back to a very fucked up time in my life a time when i almost lost my mind for good.... another fucked coincidence (coincidence i think anyways) is that i shit the bed once at the mental hospital because they had me locked up in this room cuz i was bein an asshole or something and they wouldnt let me out so i shit the bed.... so when maynard says "god damn shit the bed" it just brings up more fucked up memories.

spiiiral
04-28-2006, 02:19 AM
ive never done dmt, but ive done amt. waaaaaaaaaayyyy too much amt and at one point actually ended up in a mental hospital, thats why this song kinda freaks me out cuz on lost keys, i can kinda remember having experience like that... the doctor was tryin to talk to me and i didnt really respond. everytime i hear this song now it sends me back to a very fucked up time in my life a time when i almost lost my mind for good.... another fucked coincidence (coincidence i think anyways) is that i shit the bed once at the mental hospital because they had me locked up in this room cuz i was bein an asshole or something and they wouldnt let me out so i shit the bed.... so when maynard says "god damn shit the bed" it just brings up more fucked up memories.

crazy dude

im not familiar with amt

what is it?

Sahaya the Dude
04-28-2006, 02:32 PM

yeah... the orange juice does nothing

Sahaya the Dude
04-28-2006, 02:36 PM

As for personal trips, I too rarely experienced anything beyond the effects mentioned(breathing, morphing, patterns/shapes, colors etc). I always hear music when im tripping too. Whether it be completely in my head, or finding rhythm in the sounds around me there is always music. I havent taken acid in years though. I actually think the last time mightve been when Lateralus first came out.. I walked around for a few hours through the wilderness with my headphones and listened to the album for my first time. That was amazing, and the only time I tripped alone. If not the last time, one of the last.. and one of the best.

I don't think I could handle acid + Faaip De Oiad + Wilderness + Alone ......

rembrandt_q_einstein
05-01-2006, 05:27 PM
crazy dude

im not familiar with amt

what is it?

its derived from dmt... it makes u trip for anywhere to 8 to 12 hours... kind of a cocktail of acid and x

pivotal digit
05-01-2006, 07:47 PM
check out Aldous huxley "The doors of perception & Heaven and Hell", it's his experiences as atest subject for lsd. Can you handle the truth? if not don't do acid...my truth is different from others but the truth about God and connectivity and the illusion of man's seperation from the universal rythym of life in the realm of mass/sub conscience mind, it was hard for me to refocus and prioritize , I basicaly became a bongo beating hippie haha, it's true

scummonk
05-02-2006, 03:42 AM
syd barrett of pink floyd took too much LSD and went over the edge... could be about him - SHINE ON U CRAZY DIAMOND!!!

Lol.

piss
05-02-2006, 05:28 PM
most of the "LSD trips" you guys ahve been describing are fucking bullshit, most LSD won't give you full on visuals unless you ingest at least 4 hits, and even then it really depends on the strength of the drug itself, ive taken more than 4 hits of lsd-25 before and never saw a fucking 2 foot tall gnome

bogsnarth
05-02-2006, 05:35 PM
the drug doesn't work the same on everybody, and every batch is different.. saying "4 hits" doesn't really mean anything because it's about how many micrograms are in the hit, and that can vary wildly.. if a person is particularly visual (say a painter or someone who makes any visual art) then they will probably be *much* more likely to have vivid "hallucinations" from acid, even though it is not a hallucinogen in the strictest sense.

i've never had full on hallucinations from acid either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

piss
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
i know i know, ive actually had really vivid visuals on small amounts, but christ i never saw a form i've seen in reality, let alone been able to keep it in my line of sight and interact with it

ps. i am a painter

piss
05-02-2006, 05:41 PM
ps. if ya'll wanna "get closer to tool" try DMT

GibbsFreeEnergy
05-02-2006, 09:15 PM
LSD inebration can most certainly cause strong visual hallucinations but alas it all depends on the purity of the drug being taken. As for pure LSD 25, a 300 microgram dose (that's 10^-6 grams) would tear your world apart. The 25 is not actually a part of the chemical formula for LSD as I have mentioned in another post. The only way to get pure LSD these days is either by gas chromatography (Verification method) or by synthesizing it yourself which would require a fairly complex laboratory. Another problem with street LSD is the fact that many people who deal with it do not know how to properly handle it as LSD is a very fragile molecule (Essentially the energy of the final product is not far off from the reactants... making it fragile). Much of the molecule could become destroyed, or worse, dangerous to your health in the chain of people it takes to get to you. Anyone with chemistry knowledge would know how to handle this but most don't.

On a side note, Huxley's book "The Doors of Perception" focuses on Mescaline Sulfate usage and not LSD. "Heaven and Hell" is a book on the imagery of artwork and supposedly has some vague LSD influences. Peace,
Mike

Excuse me for being stoned.... word edit :)

Ashes-TO-Ashes
05-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Delta G Standard...

jroget803
05-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Just to clear a few things up and also to throw out a few of my own ideas...(and also to pop my posting cherry....long time Tool fan...but not a fan of forums usually) Albert Hofmann is most likely the person that is referred to as the one to blame. Now, why would someone blame him for losing their keys? Well, if we look at the dialogue in Lost Keys, we see that the patient in Rosetta Stoned does not have ID, and is likely deep in a psychotic LSD trip. The whole no physical symptoms idea is actually documented by Albert Hofmann himself here http://www.flashback.se/archive/my_problem_child/ After the self-experimentation that he did, a doctor came and did not see any physical problems (blood pressure, heart rate, etc.) but Dr. Hofmann had a serious feeling of psychosis. So, maybe he lost his keys (ID?) or his mind due to Dr. Hofmann's "problem child", as he refers to it.
Now, let's consider the lyrics of Rosetta Stone a little bit. He says that he was chosen by an alien race to tell people what was going to happen, making him a hero. However, he has forgotten this inside of his developing psychosis. This could also be the key that he lost. He even makes mention of this being a repeat occurance. Now, if this has happened more than once through just one dose of LSD, then one would have to consider that he is correct, and that he is never going to come out of this trip. Also, the whole alien/hallucinagenics (sp) combination is something that Bill Hicks touched on in his routine saying that while tripping he met aliens that took him on their ship and told him that we were all one....sound familiar at all?
Also, I don't think there's any evidence to say that this was all an experiment gone wrong. The aforementioned link also details all of the animal and human experiments done with LSD-25. Also...to clear this up, there is an LSD-6 and an LSD-1 and so on. It was a numbering system used in the laboratory. LSD = Lyserg-saure-diathylamid (german for lysergic acid diethylamid) and the number refers to the product that was synthesized (just for the record, i'm a chemist and this type of numbering system is not unusual).
That's all i got for now...

escapeme
05-05-2006, 10:01 PM
yeah... the orange juice does nothing

Unless you are already in a bad trip and then you faint (and being Hypoglycemic) so your husband gives you oj and you hear someone in the background say "but won't orange juice make her trip harder?" It was all down hill after that. The power of suggestion! Funny thing is the good ones make you feel like you are a genius and the bad ones scare the living shit out of you so much you realize you're not even close. It was a last for me.

jusmaroon
05-05-2006, 11:15 PM
go to toolband.com, and look at the january newsletter. i think that this may help explain what this song represents...

Alucard II
05-06-2006, 04:44 AM
Ok, back when LSD was first synthesized, they would conduct controlled experiments with LSD.
at first i thought the complete Lost Keys/Rosetta track might be connected to the MK Ultra experiments, but i'm not sure, doesnt seem to that sinister.

Dashel
05-06-2006, 01:18 PM
back on topic: bad trips are par for the course.. if you're not ready to have your world crumble utterly, it's probably best not to dabble in lsd. ;)
Just hold on maannn. :D

be_patient
05-08-2006, 06:13 PM

yeah but wasn't syd schizophrenic anyways. i always thought he was... and then i guess the lsd would't really help ey?

StereoScopicLenses
05-08-2006, 07:10 PM

Take enough and the stories people are telling aren't exagerrated. They might not be real but they are not exagerrated. Shut up about Nixon.. you're talking out your ass. Hey lets go swimming on the sidewalk!

annie
05-09-2006, 11:27 PM
how about, hoffman made acid, this person dropped acid, lost his mind(keys, keys to life) and it's hoffmans fault

ZeroPointEther
05-10-2006, 01:28 AM
I saw this video last year of military testing (nothing top secret, more something pretty amateuristic) where they gave a few soldiers and their commandors LSD. After that they had to do a drill in the field. After a while they couldn't even locate their base camp in plain sight 300m away. And instead of sneeking up to people they were just standing right up, talking loudly and laughing like stoners. It was a pretty hilarious sight and it looked like the real deal. PM if anyone knows of this video and where to get it cuz I forgot.

to get back on topic :

imo the song is just the story of their friend Dave who went to area51 to camp. He started tripping really bad, shit the bed and ended up with a psychosis in the hospital. something similar happened to a relative of mine, years ago, after eating shrooms repeatedly and going bad time and time again. They had him strapped down and all that shit and he still isn't ok as we speak.

bogsnarth
05-10-2006, 11:25 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7303639831312663194&q=lsd+army

there's a video of an lsd experiment.. says it's of nazis, but the first time i saw it it claimed to be of british troops, so i dunno..

and here's one of american troops (i think)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4840112986059582412&q=lsd+army

Opiate_Mass
05-11-2006, 02:12 AM
supposedly people that have been on DMT have claimed to have 'been abducted' and spoken to these 'beings' (this reinforces the supposed interdimensional aspect from Faaip, and he's seeing into the other realm?). Anyway, they claim to have been abducted and spoken to, even though the people that observed them said they never left the building.

Opiate_Mass
05-11-2006, 02:16 AM
go to toolband.com, and look at the january newsletter. i think that this may help explain what this song represents...

ET TESTS ON D?
Extraterrestrial tests on Dave?

Opiate_Mass
05-11-2006, 02:20 AM
most of the "LSD trips" you guys ahve been describing are fucking bullshit, most LSD won't give you full on visuals unless you ingest at least 4 hits, and even then it really depends on the strength of the drug itself, ive taken more than 4 hits of lsd-25 before and never saw a fucking 2 foot tall gnome
but DMT can

ZeroPointEther
05-11-2006, 03:12 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7303639831312663194&q=lsd+army

there's a video of an lsd experiment.. says it's of nazis, but the first time i saw it it claimed to be of british troops, so i dunno..
[/url]

Haha that's the one. Thanks !

I also thought they were British the first time I saw it. They don't look like nazis.
They should have send these guys to Iraq. At least we could have had a laugh then.

escapeme
05-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Its not that the stories are exaggerated or 'bullshit' (although there may be some that do this just for the 'attention') but all in all these things can happen. I tripped on LSD to many times to count back in my day and even though the majority of them consisted of trails as far as visuals go there were the times when I outright saw things that were not there or where there but a very exaggerated version of the object. Ive watched my nose gush blood and then wipe it on my pants, dancing animals, the paint on the walls melt, ceiling drip like rain (that was after drinking shroom tea) and after taking 7 hits of sunshine acid we all sat there unable to even talk to each other let alone understand each other. So, it can happen. I not only have no doubt I have been there done that!

ween69
05-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Its not that the stories are exaggerated or 'bullshit' (although there may be some that do this just for the 'attention') but all in all these things can happen. I tripped on LSD to many times to count back in my day and even though the majority of them consisted of trails as far as visuals go there were the times when I outright saw things that were not there or where there but a very exaggerated version of the object. Ive watched my nose gush blood and then wipe it on my pants, dancing animals, the paint on the walls melt, ceiling drip like rain (that was after drinking shroom tea) and after taking 7 hits of sunshine acid we all sat there unable to even talk to each other let alone understand each other. So, it can happen. I not only have no doubt I have been there done that!

neat-o!

Juanjay
05-12-2006, 09:47 AM

Syd was gone long before the LSD he was already schizophrenic according to what RW has said. The LSD just fucked it up even more.

Juanjay
05-12-2006, 09:58 AM
but DMT can

Indeed DMT is insane.

LSD on the other hand... In my LSD experiences though I've never seen anything appear out of no where I have seen tracers, and watched walls melt, floors move and shit like that.