PDA

View Full Version : In love

Khadgar346
04-18-2006, 06:27 PM
with this song.

possibly the best one on the album. It's so hard to decide cause they all are so good. I really enjoy this one the most tho.

This live will be amazing.

YetiGKM
04-18-2006, 06:43 PM
I agree man. This is the best song on the album, by far.

dracomordag
04-18-2006, 06:43 PM
THIS SONG IS FUCKING PHENOMENAL

easily one of the best tool songs ever written. I don't even know what to say. whether this album turns out to be real, a hoax, b-sides... i don't care. this song pwns ALL.

TeeO
04-18-2006, 06:51 PM
If this album turns out to be a hoax? and we get a second dose of tool? HOT DAMN! I'll be extra happy...

...ps, it's real

LP|Stang
04-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Very epic.

dracomordag
04-18-2006, 06:59 PM
this song's material near proves that the album is not a hoax. a) it's kickass and b) no way would maynard make a fake song about his mother.

slicknickshady
04-18-2006, 07:08 PM
It leaves you speachless.

6r36
04-18-2006, 07:30 PM

easily one of the best tool songs ever written. I don't even know what to say. whether this album turns out to be real, a hoax, b-sides... i don't care. this song pwns ALL.

FlamingEye
04-18-2006, 07:32 PM
yes this song was quite good.

6r36
04-18-2006, 07:34 PM
i cannot wait to hear this live

04-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Wow.

This song is just so moving and emotional. I love it.

Tawcan
04-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Gave the the goosebumps when I heard it. SOOOO good!

Holydirt
04-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Without a doubt my favorite Tool song of all time. Hands down.

Systolic
04-18-2006, 08:03 PM
3rd listen now..

Ive cried both times previously.

Fucking beautifully amazing fantastic powerful epic moving gorgeous uplifting groundbreaking revolutionary awesome piece of music....

Thank God for Tool.....

babbletonic
04-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah, wow. I wish the whole album was just 80 mins. of this

Honestly, this might be my favorite song ever...

tempathy
04-18-2006, 08:24 PM
on first listen, i thought it was a good song. running through the album for listen number 2 and i have to agree that this song is epic and amazing. what little maynard says is perfect and the music is amazing, definitely a journey to enjoy over and over.

bighand99
04-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Absolutely breathtaking. I was a little turned off by the lack of heaviness on this album, but with music like this you can't complain. Truly beautiful.

FistFck
04-18-2006, 08:28 PM
i wonder what the artwork will be for this?

Attila
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Favorite song on first listen.

Exoskeletal
04-18-2006, 09:13 PM
This song is purely amazing, it's so intense... awsome, epic. Along with Right in Two it's the best of this album. I love it.

Xariable
04-18-2006, 09:26 PM

No shit. If this is a decoy Tool are freakishly intelligent.

Novus Opiate Seclorum
04-18-2006, 09:35 PM
As beautiful as 3 libras?

mike09
04-18-2006, 09:49 PM

Yes. The lyrics...the ambience...the music...the vocals...it just adds up to something really special.

Novus Opiate Seclorum
04-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Damn,id like to give in but no.

FistFck
04-18-2006, 09:57 PM

better. imagine if tool had done 3 libras.

dvnt
04-18-2006, 10:06 PM
I listened to this album and this song once in bed and just laid there. My whole body experienced it. I came online and found the user-submitted lyrics for Wings for Marie pt. 2... I listened again and began to cry. Easily Tool's most beautiful piece.

Vegama
04-18-2006, 11:19 PM
I love you. I love you all. My life is complete now that I've heard this song. Good bye, it's been fun.

P.S. I forgot they were going to release albums in the future. :( The material from those is going to collapse reality.

Saltank
04-18-2006, 11:58 PM
This song is one of the best on the album!

harmonyofdissonance
04-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Imagine tool done orestes... Back on topic. It has something of Pink floyds shine on you crazy diamond, dont you think? At least at the beginning. Best tool song ever

harmonyofdissonance
04-19-2006, 01:34 AM
wtf im hearing the second time, and now read the lyrics... im crying... everyone, wo has lost her mother _(like i have) will cry

mattw
04-19-2006, 02:22 AM
wtf im hearing the second time, and now read the lyrics... im crying... everyone, wo has lost her mother _(like i have) will cry

This song really strikes a chord with me and, as I will explain, may strike quite a chord with one of my best friends:

Back in February he called me out of the blue (at least to me) to tell me something devastating - that his mother had died in a car accident the night before. I flew home later in the week to attend the funeral and be there for him etc. and the funeral itself was one the most indescribible, emotionally-charged things I have ever experienced... it was deeply sad, moving, everything...

I'm sure this song means A LOT to Maynard and the band and it surely shines through on the album etc. I'm sorry for Maynard and his family for their loss, but for what it's worth, I think his mother would be proud of this piece of music - it really is moving!

I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post...

Garguantua
04-19-2006, 04:22 AM

I still have my parents in this plane of existence. I'm going to call my Mum today and just talk and ...fuck i'm crying. Thanks Maynard. Beautiful gift. And you said this album was cynical. Cheeky monkey.

panocha21
04-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Best Tool track ever.

auralassassin
04-19-2006, 07:27 AM
This song really strikes a chord with me and, as I will explain, may strike quite a chord with one of my best friends:

Back in February he called me out of the blue (at least to me) to tell me something devastating - that his mother had died in a car accident the night before. I flew home later in the week to attend the funeral and be there for him etc. and the funeral itself was one the most indescribible, emotionally-charged things I have ever experienced... it was deeply sad, moving, everything...

I'm sure this song means A LOT to Maynard and the band and it surely shines through on the album etc. I'm sorry for Maynard and his family for their loss, but for what it's worth, I think his mother would be proud of this piece of music - it really is moving!

I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post...

Nah.. this is a good post. I've been to funerals where everyone was laughing and happy.

I have a saying, and I think this song validates it--

"When I die, do not cry because I am dead--be happy because I lived... I mean TRULY lived every day to the fullest. I sucked every last drop of life out of this planet that I could--and that is cause for celebration."

hbynoe
04-19-2006, 01:30 PM
3rd listen now..

Fucking beautifully amazing fantastic powerful epic moving gorgeous uplifting groundbreaking revolutionary awesome piece of music....

Thank God for Tool.....
i know exactly wha tyou feel

a big stupid dumbass
04-19-2006, 02:08 PM
3rd listen now..

Thank God for Tool.....

....emphasis on the groundbreaking revolutionary.... I've never heard anything quite like this. It's very weird.

Vegama
04-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Thank Tool for god.

iknowmaynard
04-19-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm not surprised that this is my favorite song on the album.
All the title tracks of each album have something extra special that the others lack, imo

hbynoe
04-23-2006, 10:21 AM
i feel special to be living in these times
i was always wanting to go back to the sixties and
be in the floyd era
now i dont even care...
we have tool and this now...and in many ways
it is more emotional and collected than what floyd has done...so blind me...
i want to be here right now in my fantasy
that makes me smile

Ancalagon
04-23-2006, 11:35 AM
This does have a lot of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" in it, and it's a hell of a song. It's best you listen to it BEFORE reading the lyrics, though, if it's not already too late.