PDA

View Full Version : vicarious what it means

imatoolhed
04-18-2006, 03:49 PM
i think he saying is about all death and tradegy in the world nowadays,maybe nothing specific just in general but knowing his style it's deeper than we think.war,murder,family violence etc. ,or is it something personal for him? and we just have to read between the lines and think with toologic? it's about us becoming numb to it all ,and just watching it all and doing nothing ,but living life through other peoples risks and trials in life

shroopoom
05-02-2006, 04:56 AM
I think of when you pursue "something" the whole world does die to you, and the more in life you live you just have to let everything die, all the old ways of being and seeing things. I'm not really saying this is what they are saying. Also it seems to be about the pattern of everything, and it's just a necassary pattern in everything in nature. "so it is, so it's always been". And by just admitting it, we become powerful because when we do it's not so scary anymore and it's just a part of what we are. By realising it you live, and by denying it you die. And the whole world seems to deny this part of themselves in general and in doing so make is a whole lot worse than it needs to be. And uh again I'm not really saying this is what they are saying. I'de only say that If I had sat down with mayanard and he let me know.

Oberon
05-02-2006, 04:58 AM
I think of when you pursue "something" the whole world does die to you, and the more in life you live you just have to let everything die, all the old ways of being and seeing things. I'm not really saying this is what they are saying. Also it seems to be about the pattern of everything, and it's just a necassary pattern in everything in nature. "so it is, so it's always been". And by just admitting it, we become powerful because when we do it's not so scary anymore and it's just a part of what we are. By realising it you live, and by denying it you die. And the whole world seems to deny this part of themselves in general and in doing so make is a whole lot worse than it needs to be. And uh again I'm not really saying this is what they are saying. I'de only say that If I had sat down with mayanard and he let me know.

I disagree.

rembrandt_q_einstein
05-02-2006, 09:52 PM
I disagree.

yea... i totally see you're point

DarkTransition
05-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Basically Believing in suffering

DarkTransition
05-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Performed of suffered in the place of another; substituted; as, a vicarious sacrifice; vicarious punishment.

Oberon
05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
The meaning of this song is so obvious to me that it is difficult to explain it.