PDA

View Full Version : Tool Schism and Parabola DVDs are both GOLD.

slicknickshady
04-18-2006, 03:38 PM
good stuff.

Frances
04-18-2006, 03:38 PM
yeah no shit..

monkey kill..

kyyuulle
04-18-2006, 03:40 PM
awesome news

Wretched
04-18-2006, 03:41 PM
My 10.000 Days download is now gold.

undeniable dilemma
04-18-2006, 04:12 PM
The Schism and Parabola remixes are astounding.

systematicdecline
04-22-2006, 11:50 AM
my 2nd favorite video...

STELLAR.

bradu
05-07-2006, 10:33 PM
I saw the DVD singles for sale today for the first time, didn't know they existed.

What is on there aside from the actual music video for each song?

xPOGOx
05-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I saw the DVD singles for sale today for the first time, didn't know they existed.

What is on there aside from the actual music video for each song?

The Schism and Parabola remixes are astounding.

Sounds like there are some remixes on there too.

a perfect spiral
05-11-2006, 12:19 PM
both remixes are done by Lustmord. Very deep and atmospheric. while i feel they take away from the original "vibe" of the song, lustmord did a great job of creating a whole new feel that conforms to the "awe" of tools sound. ...but hey, thats what a remix is supposed to be i suppose. i like'em.

CCD
05-18-2006, 06:19 AM
both remixes are done by Lustmord. Very deep and atmospheric. while i feel they take away from the original "vibe" of the song, lustmord did a great job of creating a whole new feel that conforms to the "awe" of tools sound. ...but hey, thats what a remix is supposed to be i suppose. i like'em.
I agree. It's a very interesting re-interpretation of the song. The vibe I get is sort of like the dawn of creation, with the imagination floating out in the formless void, and out of the void comes the basic elements of the song, riding and turning around each other in a protean form before elements of intellect control it and turn it into a fully formed song to place out into the world.

original f/x
06-01-2006, 11:04 AM
schism is just a great video!!!

Abeo
06-20-2006, 09:35 AM
the commentary is some funny shit too

DON IOTAE
07-07-2006, 06:56 AM
the commentary is some funny shit too
"Maynard, could you get me a tequila and some Gatorade? Uh, yeah, now!"

*rofl*

Roxwel
07-11-2006, 10:10 PM
I am not able to hear the remixes of the songs on my dvds. The menu does not work correctly. I am in the US and I know the the DVDs are made for NTSC dvd player. Can anyone tell me how they got the remixes to play?

Theheroeshavedied
07-20-2006, 04:46 AM
-i feel like i should be honest with you and let you know that the stromboli i had for breakfast today is not doing me any favors...... wtf is that?! smells like cat food and peanuts in a wet cardboard box!

the idea behind this new prog rock video is that it's all about ears...
what you need to do is sit back and pay close mother f**king attention to what is going on there on your tv screen, that plasma 56 inch thing you got above your fireplace that your mom bought for you!

now i'm recently mad at an english guy named john smith tom. he lives across the street and he told me a story about the time when his television and VCR was broken and he ws wondering what he was gonna do for the rest of the evening, and he found that his left hand was playing with his chest hairs so he went into the kitchen to get his scissors and starts cutting off his chest hairs and made little animals like a dog and a rhinoceros and a snake; well making a snake with your chest hair is really pretty easy, but if you want to make a stegosaurus, that's actually pretty difficult.-

-David Yow

i still can't hold my laughter when that guy comments! schism is n° 2 best video for me!

DON IOTAE
07-22-2006, 02:31 PM
^ I know. It's random motherfuckin funny shit. and its not gratuitous, either. It's not lame... Its fukin funny.

Theheroeshavedied
07-24-2006, 10:33 PM
^^
no kidding, i'll watch the commentary more oftem than i'll watch the video!
tracy uhllmann=facial vagina...lol

DON IOTAE
07-25-2006, 06:35 AM
^ Word.