PDA

View Full Version : Explenation Of (-) Ions

Nirvana
03-19-2003, 07:44 AM
Well... after i came to school i had a Chemistry and we came to a chapter called Structure Of A Matter (Some shit about Molecules And Atoms)
And so i came to a part over Salt

Now let me explain...

The most connections are build from Moleculs... These are build from Atoms. About 100 000 Connections arent build from Moleculs But from IONS. These connections called SALT
*They have a High Metling point
*They build from IONS who will form Crystal!

Salt Excist From IONS. This are Electric Charched Parts Who can come OUT Of a Molecul...
The Excistence of IONS are Based on the next things
*Some Elements can Take Electrons IN There Atoms
*Some Elements can Take Electrons OUT There Atoms

If the Element is Something NOT METAL it can take ONE or TWO Electrons...
So there excist the IONS
Each of these IONS got more Electrons then Protons..(Electron are negative Parts... Protons Are Positive Parts)(From the Molecul)...So that means that the negative part wins from the positive... so it becomes a (-)ION

#I dunno what this have to do with the song...
Maybe the sound is use to be Some kind of experiment with Moleculs...#

Smart-Ass Boy:):-:(Nirvana):-:(

Nirvana
03-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Isnt anyone smart enough to know what im talking about?...

what do you guys think of my theory and what do you think the song means?

Replying To Himself:):-:(Nirvana):-:(

anamnesiac
03-26-2003, 10:25 PM
Ions are charges particles.

Salts are compounds formed from Ionic bonding. For example, Sodium Chloride, NaCl, is a compund formed from ionic bonding. What this means is that instead of sharing electrons, like covalent bonding (which forms molecules), the Na atom gives it's electron away and the Cl atom accepts that electron. They do this in order to reach noble gas configuration, which means it becomes more stable, a driving force in nature. So, when the Na atom gives up it's election it becomes the (+)Na ion and the Cl atom that accepts the extra election becomes (-)Cl ion. So, now you see that they have oopsite charges, and we know that opposite charges attract. Therefore, the ions form a strong bond using electrostatic force. This is why salts have high melting points, because it takes so much energy to break these bonds.

Anyways, just trying to make that clearer. I really don't think the track has anything to do with it. Rather, it is about the new 'New Age' movement that said being in an atmosphere that is negatively charged is supposed to make you healthier. This claim has been met with little to no scientific proof. Hence, the song's 'thunder' in the background sounds fake, like metal sheets rattling back and forth.

JustifiedDenial
03-30-2003, 05:03 AM
Just another thing:
A (-)ion is called an "anion";
A (+)ion is called a "cation".

Anamnesiac covered it pretty well. Props to you.

Yiakovos
04-13-2003, 02:00 PM
Yea, and here's how you remember it:

Cations- what have paws? Cats. Cat-paws. Paws-pos. Positive. Get it?

Anions- hell if I know.

eyemaware
04-15-2003, 02:45 AM
something about -ions and water... this'll make more sense if you have an education of sorts in regards to science.
they exist where ever there is flowing water, rain and natural water bodies for better examples, i think that unatural water storage robs water of this energy, no movement, "un-excited" ions. now, most people think that in the case of - vs + in regards to anything, that the "energy" flows from the positive to the negative... it is in fact the opposite (in case you didnt know) negative is negative, ie minus, because it is repelling energy, which is attracted by the positive (plus).
so, - ions, which are associated with water movement, water being that which life depends on (to limited scientific knowledge, anyway)... think deeper than you can visually or mentally percieve... and, assuming you're an avid tool fan, use this to formulate your own idea about this, cause i couldnt be fucked explaining it all... even in lamens terms, because unless you can relate to the deeper meanings of tool, and I mean litterally, then you just wouldnt understand. blah.

hello!
12-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Negative ions are everywhere. Not just in locations of "Dynamic H20" (I like talking).
If you rub a balloon on your hair, for example, the laytex attracts the electrons from your hair, and the atoms become negatively charged (they have more electrons than protons). That's why the balloon then sticks to the wall- because the negative ions in the laytex are attracted to the positive ions (in) the wall.

How any of this applies to the song, I couldn't tell you.

Though I would like to say, for someone so smart, 'Nirvana' sure doesn't know what he's talking about.

Windir
12-23-2003, 03:57 AM
Fuck this is old... I made this when I first came here with Nirvana as member name.

Dude... why you revive this Thread!