PDA

View Full Version : What Happened? (Vicarious here)

Gastebucher
04-17-2006, 11:15 PM
I enjoyed the new Tool song's intro, but than it kind of just went downhill. At least it has a good message to the children (sarcastic), but than again I have not listened to this type of music in a long while so I am a bit more in favor of more talented musics... (Paco De Lucia, Chrisopher Parkening) I just hated the guitar solo part. I mean come on goddamnit! Do not go from the solo on parabola to that tremelo picking shit (probably Maynard since there is rhythm also) Fuck! It is not completely bad though, but I mean this is Tool we are talking about... Basically: Musically it suffers. Lyrically it seems boring. The song is repetitive and does not have enough contrast and Maynard is far from melodic. The beginning is awesome though. Hopefully there new album will have better material like disposition and the such. Danney carey still does a good job.

See for yourself.

Actually I removed the link. Find it for yourself

CrlsHid
04-17-2006, 11:31 PM
in, first page!

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 11:31 PM
yea. reserved spot.

F!end
04-17-2006, 11:59 PM
wtf happened here?

Fulcanelli
04-18-2006, 12:04 AM
I enjoyed the new Tool song's intro, but than it kind of just went downhill. At least it has a good message to the children (sarcastic), but than again I have not listened to this type of music in a long while so I am a bit more in favor of more talented musics... (Paco De Lucia, Chrisopher Parkening) I just hated the guitar solo part. I mean come on goddamnit! Do not go from the solo on parabola to that tremelo picking shit (probably Maynard since there is rhythm also) Fuck! It is not completely bad though, but I mean this is Tool we are talking about... Basically: Musically it suffers. Lyrically it seems boring. The song is repetitive and does not have enough contrast and Maynard is far from melodic. The beginning is awesome though. Hopefully there new album will have better material like disposition and the such. Danney carey still does a good job.

See for yourself.

Actually I removed the link. Find it for yourself

I have never seen someone misuse "than" in this way. You get 10/10 from me for this post. Usually, people say "then" when they mean "than" but I've never seen it the other way around. Kudos to you, sir.