PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious Live

ImpiusPeregrinus
04-17-2006, 07:57 PM
What do you think the visuals are going to be like for Vicarious? Do you think it will be like the old Tool concerts, or do you think they're going to change?

martyr_02
04-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I honestly don't want the visuals from the previous tour. Or at least not be the forefront of the concert. I would rather SEE the band, to me it makes the experience and the message much more personal. I never have seen tool live but have seen some live bootlegs from previous tours. I honestly think that the band looks like they're full of themselves and a little egotistical (sp) in the lateralus era. Kind of gives me a vibe of your not good enough to actually see me, just know that I'm here and thats enough. Well if people pay money to see you live then they should see you. Not that the projections aren't cool, keep them but just tone them down a little.

Howard
04-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Don't know, why don't you question it in the thread TRY TO IMAGINE THIS LIVE, sucker (:

ImpiusPeregrinus
04-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Don't know, why don't you question it in the thread TRY TO IMAGINE THIS LIVE, sucker (:

I'm more wondering if they're going to keep the "Tool" kind of visuals... It seems like they're moving more into a political kind of band that wants to voice their opinion. I wouldn't be too surprised if they played war videos/television clips over Vicarious live... I know it sounds crazy, but I think there's a possibility.

martyr_02
04-17-2006, 08:10 PM
I think that would suck. recyled war images isn't very origional. Somebody mentioned something somewhere about how they saw the image of people warping from everday citizens to soldiers or something like that. I kinda like that, maybe they'll take everday people and morph them into more grotesque versions of humans, human nature kinda thing.

ImpiusPeregrinus
04-17-2006, 08:16 PM
I think that would suck. recyled war images isn't very origional. Somebody mentioned something somewhere about how they saw the image of people warping from everday citizens to soldiers or something like that. I kinda like that, maybe they'll take everday people and morph them into more grotesque versions of humans, human nature kinda thing.

That's a really interesting idea... I can almost see it during the "Why can't you just admit it" part... people morphing one by one.

BlairLicksTaint
04-17-2006, 08:32 PM
I honestly don't want the visuals from the previous tour. Or at least not be the forefront of the concert. I would rather SEE the band, to me it makes the experience and the message much more personal. I never have seen tool live but have seen some live bootlegs from previous tours. I honestly think that the band looks like they're full of themselves and a little egotistical (sp) in the lateralus era. Kind of gives me a vibe of your not good enough to actually see me, just know that I'm here and thats enough. Well if people pay money to see you live then they should see you. Not that the projections aren't cool, keep them but just tone them down a little.
How can you judge their live performance if you haven't seen it? Bootlegs are quite close to the real thing. I thought the same as you BEFORE I saw them, and then was hypnotized in awe by their stage show.

That sounds really fucking cool

martyr_02
04-17-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm not saying I wouldn't have enjoyed the whole visual show aspect. The part where they droped alex grey's sacred mirrors sounds like it would have been a moment in my life i would never forget. I guess my main point is that I would like to see something different from them. Not every tour can be a huge visual production. I mean look at floyd. I've never seen them live, but if they did like a reunion tour that would rock, and i'm pretty sure every tour they ever did rocked. But was every one of their tours as big of a production as the wall tour was? Probably not. It's good to see showmanship is still alive, but just straight rockin out is just as good.