04-17-2006, 07:15 PM
new i believe

http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dc0073fm.jpg

hobophobe
04-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Very nice.

TenSpeed
04-17-2006, 07:17 PM
I think it's fake. Too much like the smokebox.

martyr_02
04-17-2006, 07:18 PM
is that supposed to be from the new album?

Ancalagon
04-17-2006, 07:19 PM
I love it. It's Aenima and Parabola and 10,000 Days all rolled into one.

tcM_Emperor
04-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Looks legit to me, the bumps look like heads and the thing in the center looks like a screen.

hellboy1975
04-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Wow, that took me a while, but once it focuses, looks cool.

samoflange
04-17-2006, 07:31 PM
man i really like this one, definatly my favourite of all the leaked stuff so far, I love the darker theme they have going on this one. Dont get me wrong - the alex grey stuff was cool, but another album in that style would be overkill... anyone turned it on its side - looks like two televisions, found it pretty easy to get the stereoscopic thing on this one to, much easier than the skull one anyway, but maybe im just more used to looking for it now than when the first stuff leaked. looks well cool

lexiconoclast
04-17-2006, 07:32 PM
very very nice

i cant wait to smell it

Howard
04-17-2006, 07:37 PM
I doubt of this one.

Exoskeletal
04-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Pretty cool, and it has a nice steroscopic effect, you can really see the depthness of it.

samoflange
04-17-2006, 07:40 PM
this has been pposted in the rumors forum aswell :@

^^ but yea if u move ur head about once uve got it... looks very cool

Liam
04-17-2006, 07:40 PM
looks like shit.

gl0tch
04-17-2006, 07:42 PM
where's this from?

dracomordag
04-17-2006, 07:42 PM
^lol

pretty good... not sure i like this stereoscopic stuff, tho

samoflange
04-17-2006, 07:43 PM
eye on the t.v.
cuz tragedy thrills me
whatever flavor, it happens to be
drown by the ocean
shunned by his son

it's no fun 'till someone dies

don't look at me like I am a monster
(frown out your one face?)
but with the other
stare like a junkie into the t.v.
stare like a zombie
wide open mouth

-------------------

hmmm?

Paradigm619
04-17-2006, 07:43 PM
motherfucking love it.

zee deveel 17
04-17-2006, 07:44 PM
thats awesome

i immediately thought of the aenima cover when i saw that

F!end
04-17-2006, 07:49 PM
wow... very nice and quite notorious steroscopic effect on that one

(yes, I believe that you need nothing but your eyes to watch them properly)

Hman
04-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Very cool.

Ugh. I know to view steroscopic images correctly you have to cross your eyes and such, but does anyone know of the best method to go about getting it to work? All I ever get is a headache.

MentalSanityOff
04-17-2006, 08:11 PM
sweeeeeeeet

how are you suppoed to do these steroscopic images? do you people actually cross your eyes and have them overlap or something?

although the cover isnt very much to my liking, the booklet has been looking kickass

F!end
04-17-2006, 08:15 PM
how are you suppoed to do these steroscopic images? do you people actually cross your eyes and have them overlap or something?

yes! =)

Exoskeletal
04-17-2006, 08:19 PM
sweeeeeeeet

Well it takes some practice. First of all save the image, open it and zoom in, so the whole image is on the screen. Then look at the center with your eyes crossed ( I put a finger betwen my eyes to help it, and when I have the third image I take the finger away ), then relax your eyes and focus on the center image.
Edit: And always try to focus on the backgournd.

Hman
04-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Where are all of these leaking from?

MentalSanityOff
04-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Well it takes some practice. First of all save the image, open it and zoom in, so the whole image is on the screen. Then look at the center with your eyes crossed ( I put a finger betwen my eyes to help it, and when I have the third image I take the finger away ), then relax your eyes and focus on the center image.
i wish i still had photoshop........

gl0tch
04-17-2006, 08:29 PM
what I dont get is, if someone HAS the booklet, why not scan the whole thing AND upload the album?

qtf?

dvn
04-17-2006, 08:38 PM
I agree with the guy who said it looked like heads... and on the "screen" they are staring at kind of looks like a blurred pair of chromosomes..

-dvn

zee deveel 17
04-17-2006, 09:27 PM
where are all of these pictures coming from? source?

devohkeenan
04-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Like zee said...where is all this shit coming from. If a person has one of these on his camera/scanner he has them all and is just fucking with people. Spoonfeading us. Maybe its blair...haha.

SoulEdge
04-17-2006, 10:20 PM
http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dc0073fm.jpg

Looks like the inside of my small intestine.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 11:18 PM
so for those of us who can't do this with our pot wrecked eyes at 4am... what the fuck is it?

chonus
04-18-2006, 02:54 AM
looks like shit.

I would love to look in your toilet bowl. PM me next time you go.

chonus
04-18-2006, 02:56 AM
man i really like this one, definatly my favourite of all the leaked stuff so far, I love the darker theme they have going on this one. Dont get me wrong - the alex grey stuff was cool, but another album in that style would be overkill... anyone turned it on its side - looks like two televisions, found it pretty easy to get the stereoscopic thing on this one to, much easier than the skull one anyway, but maybe im just more used to looking for it now than when the first stuff leaked. looks well cool

I can definately see the TV's when the picture is rotated.

phishman1
04-18-2006, 05:17 AM
looks like the infamous "Grapes Of Doom" that Jello spoke about on the Parabola commentary. LOL...

Chuck_Of_Wah
04-18-2006, 05:26 AM
Ol' flamin' eyes :) The commentary was funny on Parabola, but the one on Schism was disappointingly weak in my opinion.

harbong
04-18-2006, 05:32 AM
viewing the stereoscopic images is the same method as viewing the magic eye pictures from the 90's. only instead of crappy computer 3d images inside crappy patterns, these are actual photographs. dave matthews used them, and they sucked.
not that the technology is new either.
I think they will be much nicer on paper instead of on computer screens like we've all been looking at them.
i wonder what's on the opposite page?

s ti N Kfizt
04-18-2006, 05:44 AM
i hope this stuff has some meanings.. :/

samoflange
04-18-2006, 06:54 AM
looks like a bunch of people inside a television to me (easier to see on its side), read the vicarious lyrics then look at it again..

usefulidiot
04-18-2006, 09:11 AM
I love it. Maybe it might be something that accompanied the "Vicarious" single?

kyyuulle
04-18-2006, 10:12 AM
by far, the coolest of the released images

praefector
04-18-2006, 10:19 AM
ill be very shocked if this album doesnt come with some type of viewing aide

Squishy
04-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Pretty cool, and it has a nice steroscopic effect, you can really see the depthness of it.

wow... very nice and quite notorious steroscopic effect on that one

You people must be smoking something because these two pics have *no stereoscopic effect at all*. In fact, they're practically identical. If you would overlay them with some graphics program and highlight the difference you would see that they only differ in one spot: the little green bump at the bottom, in the middle.

Someone took this photo, copy pasted it and darkened that little spot to make it not that obvious that they are identical. They are definitely not stereoscopic, thus very probably fake.

I don't wanna brag, but I've wasted a huge amount of valuable time staring like a retard into these magic eye books and I am fucking good at it :-)

Squishy
04-18-2006, 12:34 PM
viewing the stereoscopic images is the same method as viewing the magic eye pictures from the 90's. only instead of crappy computer 3d images inside crappy patterns, these are actual photographs. dave matthews used them, and they sucked.
not that the technology is new either.
I think they will be much nicer on paper instead of on computer screens like we've all been looking at them.
i wonder what's on the opposite page?

Actually there are two ways you can watch stereoscopic pictures: by looking cross-eyed or by looking in parallel. The magic-eye books with the computer generated images usually use the parallel method. Large image pairs most often use the cross-eyed method. The leaked pictures are arranged such that you would have to use the parallel method.

I have to admit, when you shrink the two pictures of Maynard down to booklet size, it is possible to watch them with parallel view, without an aid. I previously thought they were too big to do that, judging from the computer screen. I still think it's pretty hard to get a focused vision though, since the pics are still pretty far apart.

I also wonder, has the fact that the pictures are rotated 90° in the booklet anything to do with how they are supposed to be viewed?

max
04-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Then look at the center with your eyes crossed ( I put a finger betwen my eyes to help it, and when I have the third image I take the finger away ), then relax your eyes and focus on the center image.

i really don't consider this "crossing your eyes." i've been doing magic eyes forever and they're really simple. what you're actually doing is focusing your eyes past the image you're looking at. a good way to get the idea is to hold your finger about 6 inches from your face and try to make it turn into "2 fingers" by looking past it at something else in the room. you should be able to control this easily and be able to "spread" your finger apart to varying distances.

for this picture, zoom out on it to make it easier to "connect" the two images. you do the same thing you did with your finger; you split the images in two by focusing past them. two of the "splits" will connect in the middle, and the picture will pop out at you in 3d, with two unfocused 2d splits on each side. for new people i've noticed this is the hardest step, but once the image "pops" it's almost like your eyes readjust and you can look around at the picture without losing focus.

max

max
04-18-2006, 12:51 PM
They are definitely not stereoscopic, thus very probably fake.

I don't wanna brag, but I've wasted a huge amount of valuable time staring like a retard into these magic eye books and I am fucking good at it :-)

me too. they are indeed stereoscopic.

Squishy
04-18-2006, 01:23 PM
me too. they are indeed stereoscopic.

Ok, so I went through the trouble and overlayed them in Photoshop. While they are not pixel by pixel identical one can clearly see that the second picture has only a very slight and cheap horizontal / vertical skew to it, but no perspective skew. So someone quickly skewed the picture after copying it, but not merely enough to create something like 3d effect.

Even though one can overlay the pictures by crossing the eyes, the combined image is still practically flat. The tunnel-y nature of the picture must fool you guys.

max
04-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Even though one can overlay the pictures by crossing the eyes, the combined image is still practically flat. The tunnel-y nature of the picture must fool you guys.

have you ever used an actual stereoscope? the concept goes back a lot further than magic eye pictures and began with (nearly) identical pictures placed side by side.

MentalSanityOff
04-18-2006, 02:03 PM
If you have photoshop, you can make it a regular 3D image by tinting one layer red and the other layer blue. Add 3d glasses.

I really wish i had photoshop

Vaginal Replicator
04-18-2006, 02:04 PM
First off I gotta say.... if the album artwork leaked, then the actual music would've too, no doubt. So i've just changed my opinion of all this artwork to photo shopped and faked.

tangent
04-18-2006, 02:11 PM
You can test if it's stereoscopic by overlaying them in an animation program...

Squishy
04-18-2006, 02:23 PM
have you ever used an actual stereoscope? the concept goes back a lot further than magic eye pictures and began with (nearly) identical pictures placed side by side.

Yes. But the smaller the difference, the smaller the perspective effect and a stereoscope cannot change that. If there's no real perspective difference in the source pictures, a stereoscope cannot create anything out of it either.