PDA

View Full Version : FINAL CD OF TOOL...according to 105.7 THE buzz atlanta

ministry22
04-17-2006, 01:41 PM
The final cd of Tool according to the guys of play Vicarious 105.7 the buzz atlanta

acsguitar
04-17-2006, 01:43 PM
What the hell does that mean?

Pickles The Clown
es tu cracke dans la tete ou quoi?

zee deveel 17
im sure they're wrong... are you taking this information from a couple of djs?

ministry22
04-17-2006, 01:44 PM
I hear it since 5minutes ...www.buzzatlanta.com

zee deveel 17
04-17-2006, 01:45 PM
well... they're wrong. if maynard said apc is finished, there's no way tool can be done too. i feel they still have a long way to go.

stardown
04-17-2006, 01:46 PM
They probably think they are hilarious cause they probably made it up. Either that or you made it up and you're laughing pretty damn hard at yourself. Either way though, I don't like to think of a last album even though it does have to end sometime. Not now hopefully.

svet-am
04-17-2006, 01:48 PM
well... they're wrong. if maynard said apc is finished, there's no way tool can be done too. i feel they still have a long way to go.

and because you feel it, it must be true...right? according to most accounts, TOOL is still obligated to one more release after 10,000 DAYS in order to fulfill their contract to Volcano. No one said that extra release had to be an ALBUM. They could theoretically release the long-awaited live DVD and let that count as their final release -- thus freeing them of their contract and freeing the band members of TOOL.

Not saying that that IS what will happen, just inserting my $0.02 into this carnival of sillyness.

MentalSanityOff
04-17-2006, 01:48 PM
It's crossed my mind before. I wouldn't be so surprised. Seriously, 14 years now? More? And you'd be talking another 4ish years before another release... who knows?

CallofCthulhu
04-17-2006, 01:54 PM
The final cd of Tool according to the guys of play Vicarious 105.7 the buzz atlanta

Not the final cd of Tool according to the band.

Sakarrn
04-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Who is to say it would take 4 more years for them to crank out an album if maynard is not with APC anymore?

MondoMan
04-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Is it just me or does it seem to everyone else as well that each time a new Tool album comes out - it's reported to be their last? AEnima, when it was released - especially three years after it was released - was reported to be their last. Same with Lateralus. I mean, really, come on.
As far as Vicarious is concerned - I believe I remember there being hysteria from individuals claiming that Schism was a fake song as well since it didn't sound very "toolish."
Why do these people keep flipping out?

(-) Thoth
04-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Why don't we worry about hearing 10k days first. hmm?

MondoMan
04-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Why don't we worry about hearing 10k days first. hmm?
An excellent suggestion. Well played, sir.

Bloody
04-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Lol. They said that after tool released lateralus too.

MentalSanityOff
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Who is to say it would take 4 more years for them to crank out an album if maynard is not with APC anymore?
They've said themselves, they have stuck around as a band for so long because their style changes between long breaks inbetween CDs. Just because there is no more APC, doesn't mean that they're going to shorten their breaks, and if they do, I'd expect they dont release another CD in less than 4 years (if at all)

mjr
04-17-2006, 02:53 PM
since when is maynard not with APC anymore?
The band certainly doesn't exist in its current context but billy and josh said that when it is time for it to be ressurected they certainly will participate...
So what makes you think its dead forever?

svet-am
04-17-2006, 02:58 PM
The band certainly doesn't exist in its current context but billy and josh said that when it is time for it to be ressurected they certainly will participate...

I think it's all about time -- something that maynard has precious little of these days. sure, it's okay to record one or two tracks as APC for a soundtrack or something. But, these days Maynard has Caduceus to keep him busy (which takes LOTS of time from him -- running an entire vineyard and winery is a very time-intensive operation). Plus, he's branching out and doing solo stuff under the Puscifer moniker. Plus, I'm sure that there's a certain degree of 'we let you do your thing with APC, now come on back home and get back to family with TOOL' from Danny, Adam, and Justin.

mjr
04-17-2006, 03:02 PM
ok, so its an assumption not a verifiable fact...thats all i really wanted to know

amitface
04-17-2006, 03:08 PM

since it appeared in an interview.

justin has mentioned the possibility of future albums in some articles. maynard has hinted as well.

i'm eating an apple right now, or else i'd provide proof. maybe in a bit.

jeds375
04-17-2006, 07:09 PM
They are getting old but time can only tell

Boozy Eulogist
04-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Everyone in the band has stated on a good number of occations that they have no reason not to forge ahead. Hell they've even talked about how fun it will be to have Maynard involved in song writing more on the NEXT album.

AgentDMT
04-18-2006, 12:25 AM
they love doing it. They'll release this album, tour, and be done for a while. During the time off they will learn more about the world they live in, themselves, etc. Then, they will come together and put together a new album reiterating these observations. (This is just a summary of what Keenan and Carey have said over and over again).

Oh yea, and this was also the 5th last time the McRib was going to be at McDonalds. Nothin is ever final. Unless of course you die. Then its pretty final.

WEREWOLF
04-18-2006, 08:44 AM

LAST TIME I CHECKED APC WASNT AROUND BETWEEN UNDERTOW & AENEMA ----- AND THAT PROJECT STILL TOOK OVER 3 YEARS. HEY, MAYBE WE'LL GET LUCKY AND HAVE THEM ONLY TAKE 4 YEARS THIS TIME. AS OF LATE USUALLY 5...

usefulidiot
04-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Being from that area, I listen to "The Buzz" on a regular basis. They are currently running a slew of promotional gimmicks in an effort to overtake the long-standing alternative radio ruler in the Atlanta area, 99x. I see this as simply another way of them trying to get attention to themselves and the station.

usefulidiot
04-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Furthermore, I am convinced that this should be moved into the "Lies" section.

chalk_line
04-18-2006, 10:24 AM
This thread should go straight to the lies section

Natalie Portman
04-18-2006, 11:38 AM
You learnt goot English.

champion
04-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Why the hell would some yuppie hick radio DJ's know about Tool's career plans?