Pink Pop Festival, Megaland, Landgraaf, Holland
Sunday, June 4, 2006

Hans
04-23-2006, 03:49 AM
Tool is headliner on the main stage, roughly between 9 and 10.30 pm

guanche001
04-23-2006, 04:33 AM
About the other supposed concert in Holland:

Still no confirmation for Amsterdam! I went yesterday to the postal office for tickets (for festivals and HMH), but still no news..

Tool is really big in Holland so why skip it? One website even stated it was cancled..wtf?
(http://www.podiuminfo.nl/concert_detail.php?concert_id=7045)
Anybody more info on this?

Hans
04-23-2006, 06:27 AM
There are several possibilities for not confirming Amsterdam:

1.: The HMH date is still on but they don't want to make it public before the Pinkpop festival is sold out (or they announce the date officially after that show, same thing happened with the Pixies two years ago). There is still 3 weeks between the two dates. (The time between start of presale and the concert of the two previous clubshows in 2002 and 2001 was 3 weeks in advance for both so that could be possible for this year.)

2.: The date is still on, but they still have to decide on the venue. At the listening session in Amsterdam, Danny told me that he had been to Ahoy, Rotterdam. Maybe as a visitor for some show but who knows they might have been checking out different venues .

The previous 2 clubshows (venues that had a capacity of 2000 people) in Holland sold out in minutes. They might have played HMH last time in Holland (2002) but the clausule of the Ozzfest festival prohibited a headlining show within certain distance to the festival location. Amsterdam (HMH) was too close and Groningen (Oosterpoort) was far away enough. So, concerning the venues in other European countries and the amount of people that probably want to see Tool live, it makes sense to choose Ahoy (8.000 to 10.000 people) in stead of the HMH (5.500 max).

3.: Least likely, but maybe there won't be a Dutch indoor show after all for a reason we don't know...

I'd say reason 2 is most likely. But we will see...

guanche001
04-24-2006, 03:11 AM
Thanks.. but I still find it strange that only 2 months before the supposed gig there still is no pre-sale. Oh well...

The second reason sounds most plausible, yes.. It's too bad though they won't play in a smaller venue like 013 or Oosterport.

groeten

Hans
04-24-2006, 03:31 AM
Thanks.. but I still find it strange that only 2 months before the supposed gig there still is no pre-sale. Oh well...

it happens more often, and as i wrote above: the pre sale for the two previous clubshows in 2001 and 2002 was only 3 weeks in advance (and sold out in minutes).

The Black Lodge
05-03-2006, 12:41 PM
I'll be there for sure, finally another tool show, loved the Oosterpoort gig! Tool will play from 2115 - 2230 hrs there.

A tip when in case presale for a clubshow will start (and it will, it'll be anounced after pinkpop is sold out or after the festival, for the reasons previously mentioned the other post) : go to the venue on the day the presale starts. Ticketservce etc is always sold out like hell, but at the venue they got (seperate) tickets as well. I called the Oosterpoort with the last show as well, and they still had tickets left (1 or 2 hours after sold out ticketservice), only they normally do not reserve those tickets (thank Buddha that the lovely lady behind the desk was willing to hold 2 tickets for me), so you better be there and pick them up right away........

Hans
05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
I'll be there for sure, finally another tool show, loved the Oosterpoort gig! Tool will play from 2115 - 2230 hrs there.

A tip when in case presale for a clubshow will start (and it will, it'll be anounced after pinkpop is sold out or after the festival, for the reasons previously mentioned the other post) : go to the venue on the day the presale starts.

that depends on what venue they will play. For as far as I know: The HMH does not have a ticketdesk at the spot, they only sell through ticketservice and some other official channels (and only if not sold out, they sell the remaining tickets at the door). Your strategy does work though for Oosterpoort, 013 and other clubs.

Peaceful Moments
05-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Is this european tour also a warm-up or not?
Maybe they'll head back to europe later on?

Hans
05-10-2006, 04:59 AM
Is this european tour also a warm-up or not?
Maybe they'll head back to europe later on?

After Lateralus, Tool played Europe in late spring / early summer of 2001 and 2002.

So, compared to this year, I reckon they will do Europe again somewhere between May and July 2007. But who knows...

Windir
05-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Yay for u. I will be there the whole time. All 3 days. <3 me.

guanche001
05-17-2006, 12:15 AM
I will be listening in from hills around the festival...

Windir
05-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Hey - I was thinking perhaps we could meet up there. All navy members who're going to see Tool and just chill and hang out when Tool is playing? Or you could look for a guy with this ridiculous cap (http://www.emp.de/ACfrG/productimg/2/220242a.jpg) on his head - which would be me.

itsyours2relive
05-19-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm there aswell, maybe I spot you Windir.

Dredg and TOOL representing.

Windir
05-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Word. Everyone I talk to says that day 3 will be the best day, but for me day 2 will be fucken best. I cant wait to see Dredg live... and Tool of course. Those 2 bands make the fucking festival!

Windir
05-22-2006, 06:11 AM
Haha - yeah. Well, I will most likely walk around in a Tool-shirt. My pants will have several Tool patches on it, so I guess you will recognize me by that. I will also walk around with my g/f (you've seen pictures) and if that isnt working then you could always recognize me by my shoes. I have Adidas with Dark Blue laces on my left shoe and Pink laces on my right shoe.

Oh well... We could also come up with a meet-up place where everyone will gather at a certain time of the day?

Blyker
05-26-2006, 02:38 AM
i'll be there on sunday as well.

Got to arrange transportation from and to ( i live in Groningen so i wont be able to make it back by train)

static_dex
05-26-2006, 06:56 PM
All being well, I'll be there! I ordered tickets over a month ago, and they were shipped on the 25th April, from a Belgian website. I've yet to see my tickets though, and I'm flying to Amsterdam on Wednesday! Could be a crisis but I have a receipt of having ordered the tickets, and will be pissed if I can't go! I'm seeing Tool in Berlin as well though, and I have that ticket right by me now :)

static_dex
05-27-2006, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6TtMyB5GsI

sanny1987
05-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey - I was thinking perhaps we could meet up there. All navy members who're going to see Tool and just chill and hang out when Tool is playing? Or you could look for a guy with this ridiculous cap (http://www.emp.de/ACfrG/productimg/2/220242a.jpg) on his head - which would be me.

yeah!!
If you see a girl wearing the whole festival tool-shits, than it coule be me :)
I hope so that they would come to amsterdam HMH.. or something..
Why not a concert in the netherlands??? they are damn popular here..
and still they just let us down!! :(

guanche001
06-02-2006, 04:59 AM
Have fun!