PDA

View Full Version : 2006/05/31 - Luxembourg City, LUX - Rockhal

Chris_Brightwell
04-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Details are forthcoming.

Hans
04-22-2006, 12:41 AM
website of the venue (accomodation for 5.500 people, one of the smaller indoor venues of this tour) and to purchase tickets: http://www.rockhal.lu
There are still tickets available.
It's not actually in Luxembourg City but in a town called Esch Sur Alzette, 10 miles / 15 kms to the south west.
Can't wait ! :)

Asclepius
04-24-2006, 01:39 PM
website of the venue (accomodation for 5.500 people, one of the smaller indoor venues of this tour) and to purchase tickets: http://www.rockhal.lu
There are still tickets available.
It's not actually in Luxembourg City but in a town called Esch Sur Alzette, 10 miles / 15 kms to the south west.
Can't wait ! :)

I'll be in the area and would love to go. But I can't understand the site!

Hans
04-25-2006, 01:15 AM
I'll be in the area and would love to go. But I can't understand the site!

the ticketsystem is indeed a bit weird. Maybe I can help:

here's the direct page for the tool show:

http://www.rockhal.lu//fr/program/2006/05/31/tool/index.php

click on the orange button "acheter ticket" (Buy tickets):

now a Java applet will start
you'll see a window with yellow and grey areas. The figure on the right is a zoom in from the middle one .
Now, every tiny yellow square in the area on the right is an available seat. (The grey ones are already sold.)
Just tick the amount of seats you need tickets for. (Doesn't matter which one you'll tick, it's all free standing / same entrance. For as far as i know, there are no chairs.)

As soon as you tick one, you'll see a line coming up with the price and a seat number. (The seat numbers don't matter, maybe relevant with other shows in that venue.)

By this point, i hope the language of the applet is English (because it was Dutch in my case, while the rest of the site was in French).

Fill in all the contact info. In the end, you have the choice between collecting the tickets at the venue on that evening (which could be interesting if you live in the US and do a European holiday) or having them shipped to your home adress.

(I remember that choice could be in French too, otherwise PM me if you still have troubles with this. Good luck and hopefully see you there! :)

Asclepius
04-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the reply but two more questions...
1. How do I know which side of the square image is the stage, although an educated guess would tell me that the most sold out places are the ones closest to the stage.

Also is this a useless question and ther show is general admission (I dont see seat numbers) Have you been to this place? Which seats are best?

2. It asks for my country of residence but US is not an option.

I'm working through it now and if I figure it out I'll write back. Thanks for your help and if this works out lets make sure to find a pub beforehand.

EDIT: I bought one, seat 1400 (any good?) and I think its for window pickup but I couldnt understand it (Abendkasse / caisse du soir). I can't figure out why more havent sold! This is as small/intimate as any of their US shows for which people are paying insane amounts of money. Am I missing somthing?

[wallie]
04-25-2006, 01:32 PM
I bought one, seat 1400 (any good?) and I think its for window pickup but I couldnt understand it (Abendkasse / caisse du soir). I can't figure out why more havent sold! This is as small/intimate as any of their US shows for which people are paying insane amounts of money. Am I missing somthing?

The venue has no seated zones for this concert, that number is just in case they sell tickets for events with multiple prices/zone... "Abendkasse/caisse du soir" is indeed a window pickup. Doors open at 7pm.

No idea why there are so many tickets left, got mine in Brussels today. Europe ain't that big, especially for the Luxemburg area. For me it's a three hour drive, as it is four hours to Paris, three hours to Holland, three hours to Dusseldorf... lots of chances to see the band :-)

The venue is brand new, never been there, but I was build for concerts purposes, so it should be good.

[wallie]
--
duty now for the future!

Hans
04-26-2006, 02:06 AM
Asclepius, it's general admission so the seat numbers don't matter. We all stand in the same place, no chairs for as far as i know. Just a matter of arriving in time if you want to be close to the stage.

How big are the US venues of this May's tour ? The venue in Luxembourg is for 5,500 people and relatively small compared to the other indoor shows in Europe this summer. (In France, Germany and Italy they are confirmed for places nearly twice as big.)

I think the reason why it doesn't sell that hard is that the area itself is not very populated; Luxemburg is a very small country without big cities, most of the crowd will be foreigners.
Almost everybody in the surrounding cities / countries has to drive for 2 to 4 hours to get there, and tool plays a lot of festivals and seperate shows in that part of europe; the festivals of Rock am Ring, Pinkpop and Werchter are nearby, Dusseldorf and Paris for the indoor venues... so a lot of people probably choose that.
But it's still a month away, maybe if all the other shows in the area sell out sooner, than this one is the 2nd best option.

Asclepius
04-26-2006, 11:41 AM
The US venues range in size from 3500 (Hard Rock in Las Vegas) to I believe ~7000. But almost none of them are general admission and all of them sold out in under 2 minutes.

I'm in medical school and we get just one summer off so I'd planned on being over for about six weeks starting in may which just so happened to work out in the Tool department. I couldnt get tickets to my hometown of Chicago but I'm getting to see them in Lux. which is pretty cool.

Any other non festival shows in the area seem promising? I'm going to Nuremberg for the beer festival (1/6-12/6) and I might do the festival there but it looks pretty expensive. I'll have a rail pass so getting around isnt really an issue.

Thanks again for the advice folks!

Hans
04-26-2006, 01:45 PM
The US venues range in size from 3500 (Hard Rock in Las Vegas) to I believe ~7000. But almost none of them are general admission and all of them sold out in under 2 minutes.

Any other non festival shows in the area seem promising?

The US shows might sell fast because there are few dates and cities for a huge country / amount of people. Plus there might be the language thing; London also sold out quick. (There are some European countries where English is not so often used because they synchronize American tv-shows into their own language and their radiostations play more local bands / bands in their own language than English/American bands. The use of English is more common in The Netherlands than in surrounding countries (also because we use subtitles on tv), bands from the UK/US get a lot of media and their shows usually sell fast.

About the non-festival shows, a lot of venues are bigger than the one in Luxemburg. Hamburg on 06-06-06 is an interesting date but the venue is a big arena. Same goes for Paris, Dusseldorf and Berlin (moved to a bigger venue).

Maybe Pinkpop could be interesting for you; it's the Sunday after Luxemburg and you can buy tickets for just that Sunday (June 4th) for 45 euros when Tool is headlining.

I still hope for Amsterdam to be confirmed because the HMH is also sized for 5.500 people and has an excellent sound quality (the venue is specially build for rock shows). I will attend any Dutch indoor show if possible (and if they're still on for June 27th).

guard77
04-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Where's the rumor anout the HMH show comming from?

Hans
04-27-2006, 12:32 AM
Where's the rumor anout the HMH show comming from?

actually it comes from me (I talked to Danny after the Dutch listening session). Then it appeared on the official tourlist on toolband and on toolshed. After a day or so, that date was deleted again on toolband, toolshed added a questionmark.

Possible reasons: not interfering with the ticketsales of the Pinkpop festival or still no definetive decission about the venue. (Danny also said that he had been to Ahoy Rotterdam, but I wasn't sure if he was there as a visitor at a concert or that the band has been checking out potential locations for an indoor show.)

Asclepius
04-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Youre the man Hans. Pinkpop's out (other than the Tool set only the first day looks interesting), Paris, Berlin , and Dusseldorf are all possibilities, but I have to get my railpass first. The Bergkirchweih in Erlengen is my only other actual destination so it should be a fun month of travel.

HMH does look awesome so I'll hope for the best.

Hans
04-28-2006, 02:13 AM
Asclepius, If you stay in the south of Germany most of the time you might consider the Greenfeeld festival in Switzerland
http://www.greenfieldfestival.ch
or the Novarock festival in Austria http://www.novarock.at/
on the other hand, they don't sell one-day passes so that might be a little expensive.

concerning Amsterdam: there is a message on TA and Toolband.com (dated april 27) that there will be more european dates added when they become official. So let's hope for that ! :)

Asclepius
04-28-2006, 02:59 PM
I saw that and it imediately confirmed what you said. I'm planning on it.

loadedmemory
05-01-2006, 02:36 AM
i'm gonna see tool in luxembourg and at rock werchter...

unfortunately i've never been able to see tool, but i'm expecting that it'll be a complete different experience to see tool at a festival or in a show of their own?

kabir put up what the setlist they played at coachella and they played only jambi the pot and vicarious of the new album.. i'm hoping at a show they'll be able to play more emotional songs like wings cause the vibe will be different from a festival?

Hans
05-01-2006, 07:09 AM
just wait for other setlists of the US tour in May to appear so you get an idea what songs to expect.
I have seen Tool 4 times so far, once during a very hot and sunny afternoon (Werchter 2001) , once in a tent (pinkpop 2001) and twice in a club. The broad daylight show was definetely less intense than the other three. The set of the clubshows was longer than the festival set , so it might very well be a difference in length. I read somewhere that there won't be that many new songs on the live set.
In short: festival shows (lots of people that don't come for tool) and indoor shows where tool is headliner (most / all people come for tool) are completely different vibes / experiences.

toolish
05-07-2006, 10:33 AM

unfortunately i've never been able to see tool, but i'm expecting that it'll be a complete different experience to see tool at a festival or in a show of their own?

It sure will. I saw them in Tilburg (headline) and Werchter (festival) in 2001, and again at Ozzfest (indoor festival) in 2002. If they don't consider the European shows as a prolonged warm-up tour, they will surely be playing a wider variety of songs. Although the fan I'm going to Luxemburg with tells me that nothing compares to the full-fledged American headline shows: musically and visually, they go only seem to go the full distance at home. Werchter will be about the same as last time around, I suppose. That festival totally underestimated Tool's popularity. They deserve the darkness. And we deserve Tools orchestral manoeuvres in the dark. By the way: I also live in Leuven.

iamisandisnt
05-09-2006, 03:45 AM
Hey everybody - I'm goin to this show at the end of the month, at the end of a three week journey through Europe. Does anyone wanna meet up some time before the show, maybe travel in to the country from Amsterdam or Paris? I'm still finalizing travel plans, so if anyone wants to hang out with a fellow Tool-head, send me a private message.

plastik
05-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Anyone know if this is sold out yet?

Hans
05-10-2006, 04:56 AM
no, not sold out yet. Check www.rockhal.lu for tickets

Tooladdict_Ghent
05-12-2006, 06:10 AM
I can't wait for this huge moment again.
Heads up for the best band !

If any of you lads want to meet up there.
Don't hesitate sending me a pm.

So Long !

Tooladdict_Ghent
05-12-2006, 06:13 AM

kabir put up what the setlist they played at coachella and they played only jambi the pot and vicarious of the new album.. i'm hoping at a show they'll be able to play more emotional songs like wings cause the vibe will be different from a festival?

I saw lots of concerts in my life but I'll never forget the concert I saw @ the Sportpaleis. It was the best I have ever seen.

I'm really looking forward to this !

jostboart
05-12-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm coming down to my homecountry right from switzerland for this gig. Still a lot of tickets available for this concert. The venue is not that big, so I'm quite confident that this will be hell of a show.

I wonder if there any luxembourgers on this board :)

Hans
05-21-2006, 11:50 PM
any more info on the support act if not Isis? (According to the Isis bandsite they won't be touring with Tool due to studio-commitments and they will play Europe during the 2nd half of July).

jostboart
05-24-2006, 01:22 AM
any more info on the support act if not Isis? (According to the Isis bandsite they won't be touring with Tool due to studio-commitments and they will play Europe during the 2nd half of July).

no, isis won't support Tool on their european tour. I just hope they won't let any local band support the band!

Hans
05-24-2006, 02:06 AM
no support at all would be fine by me. On the other hand, it's pretty far away for me and I wouldn't mind skip the support and be in time for Tool.

loadedmemory
05-25-2006, 04:55 AM
it's coming close!!!
anxiousness is building up :)

static_dex
05-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Off Topic, slightly but this is a good a place as any to post this. Not seeing Tool but going to the Soulfly/Deftones gig in Luxembourg on 13th June. Is anyone else?

jostboart
05-28-2006, 03:19 AM
Off Topic, slightly but this is a good a place as any to post this. Not seeing Tool but going to the Soulfly/Deftones gig in Luxembourg on 13th June. Is anyone else?

would love to, coz it'd be awesome to see them at such a small venue...but I can't get any time off :-(
But therefore I'll enjoy the gig on wednesday :D

toolish
05-28-2006, 08:37 AM
it's coming close!!!
anxiousness is building up :)

Same here!

toolish
05-28-2006, 08:38 AM
By the way: if anyone needs a ride from Brussels or Louvain to Luxemburg, let me know.

static_dex
05-28-2006, 11:09 AM
OT to the extent it should be in Self Medication, but dunno if this is a better target audience...
What's the situation with marijuana in Luxembourg? I assume nothing nearly as liberal as the Dutch system, but I'm sadly ignorant, so any information would be handy.

Asclepius
05-28-2006, 03:57 PM
By the way: if anyone needs a ride from Brussels or Louvain to Luxemburg, let me know.

Shit I just reserved a train from Barcelona to Lux. Oh well. I might just hostel it in lux for the night. I'm on a railpass and I'll let the local trains be my driver. Anyone know of a bar in Lux city?

jostboart
05-29-2006, 12:23 AM
What's the situation with marijuana in Luxembourg? I assume nothing nearly as liberal as the Dutch system, but I'm sadly ignorant, so any information would be handy.
well it's not as liberal of course :D if u carry the usual 5g with u, there shouldn't be any problem. Usually there aren't any people controlling on the borders. It could be a bit tricky to get it inside the venue...dunno, have never been there before.

2 days to go :)

Hans
05-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Shit I just reserved a train from Barcelona to Lux. Oh well. I might just hostel it in lux for the night. I'm on a railpass and I'll let the local trains be my driver. Anyone know of a bar in Lux city?

keep in mind that the venue is not in luxemburg city but in Esch-sur-Alzette, about 13 miles / 20 kilometers to the south west.
If you come by train, you have to transfer in Luxemburg city and take a train to the station called Belval Usines, that one is right next to the venue. Otherwise go to the station of Esch-sur-Alzette. Check www.rockhal.lu or www.nmbs.be (the Belgian railways) for more info.

jostboart
05-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Anyone know of a bar in Lux city?
well as being said, the concert is in the south of the country, 15-20 min. away from lux city. unfortunately there aren't any bars in the venue's surrounding area. I think you'll need to byob (bring your own beer ;) ).

coalchamb
05-29-2006, 04:08 PM
for those coming with train.(from lux.City)
you should take the train "Berchem,esch,Petange Rodange"
an exit the station Esch-Belval. thats the following station after esch.

the station is directly beneath the rockhal. they will be normally extra trains.departing all 15 minutes after the concert, but i don't know how long.

i'm living near esch so i'm coming with the car

grasmaaier
05-30-2006, 12:05 AM
JUST ONE MORE NIGHT OF SLEEP BABY

coalchamb
05-30-2006, 06:54 AM
i will be there maybe at 4:00 pm. chilling zipping some beer.:)

loadedmemory
05-30-2006, 08:28 AM
its coming daaammnnn close!

minou38190
05-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Nobody is speaking about the show of this evening 30/05 in GRENOBLE (France)
It is crazy!!

loadedmemory
05-30-2006, 11:00 AM
so i guess there won't be any support act like in barcelona yesterday..
that means there's not really a point coming early since there should be space enough? or would a support act also only start 20:30?

coalchamb
05-30-2006, 12:31 PM
on the ticket is written that isis will open.

jostboart
05-30-2006, 12:43 PM
i will be there maybe at 4:00 pm. chilling zipping some beer.:)
see you there:) I'll be there at about 5. where will you park your car?

iamisandisnt
05-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey hey peoples - I'm coming in from Amsterdam, on a morning train, so I should be in Luxembourg city by 2 or 3 PM (14-15 for you crazy Europeans) ;-)

I should be consuming a carton of the funghal friend at some point during the day, and I will likely have bud with me. If anyone wants to chill, maybe take a look around the city before heading into the concert with a proper state of mind, PM me some place/time to meet before I'd say 4 PM. Hopefully pick some place easy to find from the main station, and if you're feeling brave, leave me a cell phone and I'll call you up. Name's Armando, 21, Americano, but avid Tool fan, so hopefully we''ll all click. If nothing else, see you at the show, and I hope you all have as good a time as I'm bound to! :-D

coalchamb
05-30-2006, 02:13 PM
hey armando, there is nothing around the Venue to have a beer. the next pub is in the village Belvaux or Esch. if you like i'l give you my phone so we can meet an go together to the venue. or have a drink before.

coalchamb
05-30-2006, 02:17 PM
jostboard i will park my car near the Train station at the other side of the road(bieles/esch). there you cand find some parkplace ath taht time .

Asclepius
05-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Hurray for the railpass...
Thanks for the directions. I'm changing trains in Paris now and will get into Lux sometime between noon and two. Names Sean. Long hair, bearish, moderate wookie size. Anyone crashing in lux city? I need a hostel rec.

jostboart
05-31-2006, 12:31 AM
A few hours to go...
have been at the venue this morning...nothing much going on. the tour buses are inside the building. People working there have warned me, that I don't have access, and I need to get out lol :) damn fools...

Will be there this afternoon. Cya there coalchamb, hope there will rest some parking space left when I arrive.

Tooladdict_Ghent
05-31-2006, 01:38 AM
Almost ready to go !
Looking forward ^^

grasmaaier
05-31-2006, 01:47 AM
w00000000000000t

loadedmemory
05-31-2006, 04:45 AM
leaving now for the show, see y'all soon!!!

IamSam
05-31-2006, 04:54 AM
Hey Maynard,

Can u dedicate a song to the people of 'Dilsen-Stokkem'. That would be very nice :-)