PDA

View Full Version : 2006/05/05 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint

Chris_Brightwell
04-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Show was posted briefly on toolband earlier today.

Details are forthcoming.

Tertius Oculum
04-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Anyone else even live near Vegas here? I think I'm the only one. :/

Well, anyone going to this one?

http://www.xtremeradio.com/temp_images/tool_04-06.jpg

fendius
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM

i work at hard rock and cant wait to go, but tickets go on sale on saturday and who knows how fast they will go, is there any good ideas on locking a ticket for this show???

working at hard rock does not even come close to confirming a sale for me either

Ancalagon
04-17-2006, 02:31 PM
I live just north of Salt Lake City, Utah, and I might drive down. We shall see.

pris0n
04-17-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm going to try to go to this even though I'm in san diego. Now it's all a matter of actually getting the tickets.

daminate
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
trying to come down from the sf bay area post oakland show

Tertius Oculum
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I have a friend that did artwork for some people at the Hard Rock, I might be able to get tickets. :D

symbiosis
04-17-2006, 02:45 PM
I will be there that weekend... This will hopefully be my best birthday gift this year... I hope I get tickets.

Tertius Oculum
04-17-2006, 02:46 PM
lol, you're coming here for your birthday? Lame.

symbiosis
04-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah, being that my family lives there... How is that funny?

Tertius Oculum
04-17-2006, 03:09 PM
It sucks here.

GullyFoyle
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Will ticketmaster sell these tickets saturday online? I'm thinking about flying to this show or the Chicago show depending on which one I can get tickets too. Maybe even the Kansas City show as a last resort.

gf

Briznitch
04-17-2006, 04:03 PM
THIS IS GOING TO RULE.

If I don't get tickets on Sat, I'll be the guy killing ticketholders while they are standing in line.

Granger
04-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey, there wil be about 5 or 6 of us caddies at Bears Best at the show. Cochella as well. see ya there

Granger

le_jacque
04-17-2006, 04:09 PM

ill be there, as long as i can get some tickets before they sell out.

jarfey
04-17-2006, 05:32 PM
What time are you all going to the Joint for tickets this saturday? i cant miss this. i was just about the buy coachella tickets and still might, but this works great

Paradigm619
04-17-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm definitely going to go. Making the drive from Orange County. I'm fuckin pumped.

annie
04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I was wondering, beside all the stuff about actually getting tickets, are we looking at an age limit? my 18 year old partner wants to go, and we have no idea if she can get in. can anybody help me out here with a little info?

lvpickle
04-17-2006, 08:23 PM

i'll be there. i wonder how early a line will start forming for tickets. i got there just a couple of hours early for apc tickets. but tool will create a much larger demand, i would think.

Kaoticz
04-18-2006, 12:48 AM
This venue doesnt show up on ticketmaster...has anyone ever gone to a show there and purchased tickets through ticketmaster? If not, how would I obtain a ticket without driving there?

symbiosis
04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
The Joint (http://www.hardrockhotel.com/rock_thejoint.php) still has the show on their site, and they only link ticketmaster to buy tickets.

Paradigm619
04-18-2006, 08:33 AM
i'll be there. i wonder how early a line will start forming for tickets. i got there just a couple of hours early for apc tickets. but tool will create a much larger demand, i would think.

You can almost be assured that tickets to this show will be sold out on saturday.

Paradigm619
04-18-2006, 08:35 AM
P.S. Anyone else fucking stoked that The Joint is only a 1400 person venue?

HOLY FUCK

le_jacque
04-18-2006, 08:40 AM
P.S. Anyone else fucking stoked that The Joint is only a 1400 person venue?

HOLY FUCK

fucking right

what do you think is the best way to score tickets? camp out on ticketmaster.com all saturday?

Paradigm619
04-18-2006, 08:43 AM
fucking right

what do you think is the best way to score tickets? camp out on ticketmaster.com all saturday?

I'm going to be setting my alarm clock and refreshing the page every 2 seconds starting five minutes before they go on sale.

le_jacque
04-18-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm going to be setting my alarm clock and refreshing the page every 2 seconds starting five minutes before they go on sale.

yeah, thats what i planned on doing....

annie
04-18-2006, 01:12 PM
I was wondering, beside all the stuff about actually getting tickets, are we looking at an age limit? my 18 year old partner wants to go, and we have no idea if she can get in. can anybody help me out here with a little info?

please, somebody???

Tertius Oculum
04-18-2006, 01:27 PM
TOOL is all ages I believe. Back in 2001, I was like 15 and it was in an arena, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. And besides if it was limited, it would probably 18+ so you're fine.

Briznitch
04-18-2006, 07:04 PM

10 minutes for me. I'm taking no chances. Also calling ticketmaster on the phone. May even have a friend go to a ticketmaster box office and try. This will sell out SO quick, I'm not taking any chances.

le_jacque
04-18-2006, 08:48 PM
10 minutes for me. I'm taking no chances. Also calling ticketmaster on the phone. May even have a friend go to a ticketmaster box office and try. This will sell out SO quick, I'm not taking any chances.

check out the thread on the upper darby, pa show

someone on there found out through ticketmaster that if you refresh a certain number of times youll get blocked

there is also a post on how to get around it, might want to check that out.....

lvpickle
04-18-2006, 08:51 PM
with a little research i realized how naive my previous post was. so, i went to the box office today and talked to one of the reps. the days of waiting in line for hours, or even days, to buy tickets to a much anticipated show have long since passed. unless you are within the first one or two in line, you will most likely be out of luck. i think this show will sell out in 10 minutes max, probably much less. start exercising those refresh reflexes...

pris0n
04-18-2006, 11:19 PM

I was wondering this too.

For there ticketmaster info, the venue had this:

General Rules:
No outside food or drinks. Concert Attendees UNDER 21 Caught Drinking ,OR Loitering in gaming areas will be removed from the venue/hotel.

Children Rules:
Depends on the event. See actual Event For information.
Most shows are ALL AGES but some could be 21 & Over only.

The show is listed here, and says nothing about 21+ so I think it's all ages.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0A003C91D083A0A0?artistid=720703&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Tertius Oculum
04-20-2006, 02:42 AM
I really hope I can get tickets. I'll be so pissed if I don't. If anyone is going to get 2 extra tickets, I'll buy them from you.

LOOP
04-20-2006, 11:35 AM
Good luck to all (including myself) with tickets. If only the onsale time was 10am not noon. When I saw NIN at the joint a year ago it was all ages, 21+ to buy alcohol of course. This should be similar.

Tertius Oculum
04-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Seriously, if anyone wants to get 2 extra tickets, I'll buy them if I can't get my own.

Tertius Oculum
04-22-2006, 11:04 AM
FUCK. Anyone get tickets? They sold out like instantly.

Roffler
04-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Did anyone get tickets from TM? I was searching for tickets within about 4 seconds of them becoming available and got nothing. My query only took about 10 seconds too.

jarfey
04-22-2006, 11:08 AM
no luck for me. yet

Tertius Oculum
04-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Did anyone get tickets from TM? I was searching for tickets within about 4 seconds of them becoming available and got nothing. My query only took about 10 seconds too.
Same here. WTF is up with that? Fucking lame ass piece of shit service.

Briznitch
04-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Yeah, about the lamest shit EVER. How is it even possible to sell out in 3 seconds? I refreshed my page, no sale yet. Refreshed again 2 seconds later, for sale. Hit purchase, typed in the code, already sold out? Gimme a fucking break. Bullshit how the REAL TOOL fans can't even get tickets.

Briznitch
04-22-2006, 11:15 AM
OH but somehow EBay has tickets that have been available for days now? How the fuck does this make any sense? I'm gonna find one of these fucks selling tickets for 300 bucks and slit their fucking throat.

Tertius Oculum
04-22-2006, 11:22 AM
I'll hold him down.

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 11:25 AM
This is bullshit. I was totally going to drive from San Diego to see this show. How is it even physically possible to sell out in 3 seconds?

Roffler
04-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Unless someone comes on who got some I'm pretty sure TM sold this show out before the tickets were even available to the general public.

symbiosis
04-22-2006, 11:27 AM
It was a small venue, I wonder who got tickets for this show.

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm beginning to think that is the case too.

Tertius Oculum
04-22-2006, 11:28 AM
It was a small venue, I wonder who got tickets for this show.

THIEVES.

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 11:30 AM
arrrrrggggghhhhh............ I've never NOT been able to get tix for a Tool show, regardless of the venue size.

THIS IS PISSING ME OFF!

symbiosis
04-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Heh... I'll just wait ti'll they come back to the forum.

Tertius Oculum
04-22-2006, 11:32 AM
I'M SO FUCKING PISSED. FUCK SCALPERS, FUCK TOOL, FUCK.

jebus13
04-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Total fucking bullshit!!! I was on the phone with a TM agent at 11:55 who stayed on the phone with me as tickets were going on sale at 12, while I was simultaneously hitting refresh on the TM website. When the clock struck 12, the TM agents computer screen updated that the tickets were on sale and as she clicked to purchase 1 ticket, she received the message stating no tickets available. This happened in literally 5 seconds. How the fuck is this possible!!!!!!???????

Cid
04-22-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm going to try to go to this even though I'm in san diego. Now it's all a matter of actually getting the tickets.

i'm driving from SD as well. got my tix!!!!!!!!! i can't wait. tool twice in a week!

Briznitch
04-22-2006, 12:00 PM
i'm driving from SD as well. got my tix!!!!!!!!! i can't wait. tool twice in a week!
Fuck you

Cid
04-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Fuck you

i'd be pissed too. sorry man. this is going to be the best tool show i've ever seen! well, i hope. radio city is gonna be hard to top.

trunksx34
04-22-2006, 12:23 PM
damn, i was on the phone with a ticketmaster rep at 11:50...He tried to get the tickets at noon exactly, but he said that the system was going apeshit and by the time it came back up coudlnt get them....lame

nfidel
04-22-2006, 12:26 PM
I got 4 tickets. It took 2 transactions, 2 floor than 2 SRO BAL. I had 3 browsers running, I was calling ticketmaster and those sold out instantly, I had a friend of mine go down to Ticketmaster to see if anyone was there and there was ZERO people in line. I live in Salem, Oregon so the line was there earlier for the Seattle show but nobody stuck around for Vegas. So he was able to get the 4 we needed. I live in Vegas half the year so I am STOKED!!! this will be the 13th time I have seen em, but maybe the smallest Venue.

Briznitch
04-22-2006, 12:28 PM
i'd be pissed too. sorry man. this is going to be the best tool show i've ever seen! well, i hope. radio city is gonna be hard to top.
I doubt it. Best TOOL show you've ever seen is gonna be in a small place on an incomplete tour? Best Tool show I've seen is when they actually were on a real tour, with a real stage setup, not a warmup pre-tour. But hey, have fun with the best Tool show ever. It would be cool, but far from the best.

Cid
04-22-2006, 12:32 PM
I doubt it. Best TOOL show you've ever seen is gonna be in a small place on an incomplete tour? Best Tool show I've seen is when they actually were on a real tour, with a real stage setup, not a warmup pre-tour. But hey, have fun with the best Tool show ever. It would be cool, but far from the best.

well, the hammerstein show i saw in 2001 was a "warmup pre-tour" show and it was the 2nd best show i've seen. these are definitely going to be better, more intimate, special shows than the arena tour when they come back. it will be close to the best.

Tertius Oculum
04-22-2006, 12:33 PM
I got 4 tickets. It took 2 transactions, 2 floor than 2 SRO BAL. I had 3 browsers running, I was calling ticketmaster and those sold out instantly, I had a friend of mine go down to Ticketmaster to see if anyone was there and there was ZERO people in line. I live in Salem, Oregon so the line was there earlier for the Seattle show but nobody stuck around for Vegas. So he was able to get the 4 we needed. I live in Vegas half the year so I am STOKED!!! this will be the 13th time I have seen em, but maybe the smallest Venue.

You don't need 4. You need 2, please give me the other 2. I need 2. lol

Briznitch
04-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Agreed. Give 2 up. And dont' rape people with a $300 price for it.

I will go to this show regardless and try to get tickets. When I see a scalper outside trying to sell them all expensive and outrageous, I beat him and take it. End of that subject, and a free ticket. Done. Anybody pawning off Tool tickets that expensive needs a beatdown anyways.

Cid
04-22-2006, 12:59 PM

I will go to this show regardless and try to get tickets. When I see a scalper outside trying to sell them all expensive and outrageous, I beat him and take it. End of that subject, and a free ticket. Done. Anybody pawning off Tool tickets that expensive needs a beatdown anyways.

yea, scalpers suck. but the people that pay $700 for two tickets are even worse. without those people, scalpers don't exist.

Paradigm619
04-22-2006, 01:03 PM
I also didn't get any tickets online. Looks like standing in line was the way to go. Son of a bitch.....

GullyFoyle
04-22-2006, 01:34 PM
same here. I typed that shit in fast and sold out instantly. Oh, and I love how they don't even actually tell you that it's sold out. You can go and look at any show and try and buy tickets only to see 'not available'
bullshit.
anyone on here actually get tickets?

gf

Grim Terminator
04-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I willing to try anything, if anyone has two tickets to sell PLEASE PM ME. I've been waiting year to see Tool but have never had the chance. I really need this, I love tool more than any band in the fucking universe.

Briznitch
04-22-2006, 02:00 PM
I willing to try anything, if anyone has two tickets to sell PLEASE PM ME. I've been waiting year to see Tool but have never had the chance. I really need this, I love tool more than any band in the fucking universe.
As do lots of us. This is sincerely gay.

nfidel
04-22-2006, 02:24 PM

Ok, internet tough guy. I am taking 3 friends. But if some joker is gonna offer over 1k for a ticket, I will probably do it. $300? no way. I am tempted to go out and try to scalp them so I can check out your internet tough guy skills. Maybe if you were not so tough, you would have better ticket karma.

pris0n
04-22-2006, 03:26 PM

That was my plan too! I left my friend in charge of buying them since I had to work this morning. He didn't get any though.

At least I'm seeing them at coachella, but I wish I could see them in a smaller venue. I remember seeing NIN at soma here in san deigo and it was by far the best concert experience for me. I could only imagine what it would be like for it to be Tool.

It's a shame that scalpers are making so much money off of the tickets. But it's not like none of us saw this coming, I'm sure Tool themselves knew exactly how it would happen. I'd like to think that if there was a way for them to have avoided it then they would have. So I guess it was inevitable.

Cid
04-22-2006, 05:25 PM
That was my plan too! I left my friend in charge of buying them since I had to work this morning. He didn't get any though.

At least I'm seeing them at coachella, but I wish I could see them in a smaller venue. I remember seeing NIN at soma here in san deigo and it was by far the best concert experience for me. I could only imagine what it would be like for it to be Tool.

It's a shame that scalpers are making so much money off of the tickets. But it's not like none of us saw this coming, I'm sure Tool themselves knew exactly how it would happen. I'd like to think that if there was a way for them to have avoided it then they would have. So I guess it was inevitable.

yea, there's no way to avoid scalping. there's always going ot be idiots that will pay $400 for one ticket.

LOOP
04-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Unreal! 2 friends and I all tried to get them and came up empty! If anyone wants face value for a pair + VIP into some clubs saturday night in vegas, hit me up.

email : [email protected]

Capt. Sith Park
04-22-2006, 06:20 PM
G' Day Eh! Toronto, Ontario Canada speaking (...er Typing)
I see the &%$@# 'Broker' scum are alive and well in your neck of the woods

This from someone on another board -

"Ticketbastard, or Bands should get a system that allows them to blacklist (render useless) tickets with serial #'s (that will be scanned at event) that are known to be owned by these 'broker' douchebags, it's ridiculus how they can buy them then jack the prices to outrageous numbers. With this maybe these D-bag Brokers will get another hobby and stop ripping people off."

- The only problem is that if Ticketmaster and the 'Brokers' are greasin' each others palms with the backdoor politics nothin' will ever be done about it

If you check out any 'Broker' site right now (in North America) they have full pages full of (in this case) TOOL tix - and there is suppose to be a 2 ticket limit - How does that happen? .... Hmmmm!

VegasChris
04-22-2006, 09:07 PM
I waited in line..got there at 9am and was maybe 125 people back...12noon struck and maybe 50...if that...got in to buy tickets then they say "sold out" 2 ticket limit...means they had less than 100 to sell live at the venue...NOW THATS BULLSHIT!!!

Grim Terminator
04-22-2006, 10:49 PM
As do lots of us. This is sincerely gay.

Fuck you man, I don't know how this Ticket Hookup thing works, I just want Tickets to my favorite band, so dont be a fuckin dick and ridicule me for it.

usa4jer
04-23-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm flying to Vegas from LA and I'm just going to find someone outside the show whose friend couldn't make it and needs to get rid of a ticket. An honest fan who's just looking to get what he paid for it. There are plenty of people like that at every concert.

Worst comes to worst, I end up in Vegas for a night. No big loss.

Tertius Oculum
04-23-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm flying to Vegas from LA and I'm just going to find someone outside the show whose friend couldn't make it and needs to get rid of a ticket. An honest fan who's just looking to get what he paid for it. There are plenty of people like that at every concert.

Worst comes to worst, I end up in Vegas for a night. No big loss.

Unless you get raped!

usa4jer
04-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Unless you get raped!

Well, granted, but that's a risk any time. Touché.

max
04-23-2006, 10:28 PM
i'm pretty desperate for one extra ticket to this show and there's no way i can afford to go through the scalpers. i know my chances are slim but if anyone has an extra ticket pm me and you'll make someone's year.

thank you,
max

I88H88I
04-24-2006, 06:02 PM
I have a ticket for the Las Vegas show that I want to trade for a ticket to the Tempe show. Anyone interested?

zonacruz6
04-24-2006, 06:36 PM

Two of your tickets, or maybe all four, might get cancelled. I had to cancel two of mine because they were on the same address. If you used a different address and a different credit card, you're fine. But the guy at Ticketmaster told me to cancel mine when I called to make sure my four would be okay. But you may get away with it, good luck with whatever happens.

gabis
04-25-2006, 10:33 PM
I just bit the bullet and bought a pair on ebay. I couldnt miss the show, it is far more valuable than any sum of money. Now, I only need one. If someone wants to split what I paid for the ticket it is theres. I can either meet you in So Cal, before the show in Vegas, or if you really want I can ship it(though I would rather not). I paid $560 + shipping, but $280 for the ticket is fine. I will also be driving out from the OC/LA area on friday if you need a ride.

Please, spare me the hate. I dont want to charge someone an arm and a leg for this experience, but I also dont want to lose any money.

Briznitch
04-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Not sure if anybody saw this exact flyer yet. Was in City Life 4/20 edition.

CITY LIFE AD (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/briznitch/toolvegas.jpg)

chunk
04-29-2006, 12:01 AM
I think all the tickets went out the back door so that scalpers can bend us all over give it to us real nice cuz they know tool fans will give it up. I just got tickets and my butt is still sore. It sucks but what can we do about? I'll be driving in from Riverside. Can't wait to see the greatest band EVER!!!

pray4mojo
04-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Chunk you are right, sadly. Ticketmaster does often reserve tickets for scalpers or "brokers" as they like to call themselves. And the promoter gets a certain amount of tickets, the venue does, etc.

Lacerda
04-30-2006, 09:29 PM
damn, without tickets for this show i fear that the true potential of my shroom stash will never be reached.

MrVinnie77
05-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Flying in from Pittsburgh. Spending less than 24 hours in Vegas having been there 2 weeks ago for another show of far far lesser quality.

Briznitch
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Anybody else got plans of just showing up and seeing if anybody has one to sell? (or sneak in, I'm a little guy...)

AenemA
05-02-2006, 03:35 PM
i'm in vegas right now, still trying to get tickets.

AenemA
05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
got a question for those that are going. What time do you expect you'll show up--basically, how long before the show starts?

AenemA
05-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I OFFICIALLY HAVE TICKETS!!!!!!!

Briznitch
05-02-2006, 07:33 PM
How'd ya get them? I've still only seen/heard ebay and the other rapists. CAN YOU GET MORE???????

lvpickle
05-02-2006, 10:30 PM
got a question for those that are going. What time do you expect you'll show up--basically, how long before the show starts?
at least 2 hours before doors open, maybe 4. doors open at 7:30

AenemA
05-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Yeah, i was thinking around 3:30 or 4. Thanks for the confirmation.

Briznitch: it was a "ticket broker" i dealt with, while the price was extremely high. I basically just said fuck it. Only way you are getting into this show at this point is to pay their premium. If you Private Message me, I can send you information for this guy. I am pretty sure he has more tickets.

Cid
05-03-2006, 12:20 PM

i'll be there around 4 probably...

Briznitch
05-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah, i was thinking around 3:30 or 4. Thanks for the confirmation.

Briznitch: it was a "ticket broker" i dealt with, while the price was extremely high. I basically just said fuck it. Only way you are getting into this show at this point is to pay their premium. If you Private Message me, I can send you information for this guy. I am pretty sure he has more tickets.
Thanks man but I just got one on eBay for damn $250. At least it was less than a bunch that I saw, and I was eyeing it for 2 days now hehe. But ya know, fuck it. It's Tool, it's the smallest show I'll probably ever see em at, and I almost feel like I got a "deal" compared to what most people are paying. Only thing: The ticket better be real and let me in or the guy gets beat. I thought my David Gilmour ticket was expensive at $175!

Regardless, I'm fucking going. Shit yeah. I'll be there just before doors, as I gotta work, see the show, then come back to work! UGH!

Vicenza
05-04-2006, 11:02 AM
the joint is an awesome venue. very cozy. it should be a brutally good show.

i feel so lucky, cause the day tixs came out i was at the TM outlet by 11:55am. (i knew trying at home would be pointless.)

so they went on sale at noon, and by 12:01pm, there was NOTHING. i could not believe it. only one guy in front of me, and he got two and the system was done.

the TM dude made the effort to try some more and miraculously one popped up from a declined credit card after refreshing the screen non-stop for about 5 mins., so i got my baby burning a hole in my jacket pocket and i anxiously await tomorrow.

anybody caravaning from LA?

:)

uscjeff
05-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Hell yeah, I cant wait until tomorrow night! Anyone know if they go on right at 8:30? I have to meet some friends back at Mandalay Bay after the show since nobody could get tickets and I need to know what time to meet them!

Briznitch
05-04-2006, 07:04 PM
I'd say it'll start right around then, get out about 11. Most shows end around 11 here it seems, that I've seen. You can be back to Mandalay by 11:30-11:45 at the latest.

uscjeff
05-04-2006, 08:13 PM
I'd say it'll start right around then, get out about 11. Most shows end around 11 here it seems, that I've seen. You can be back to Mandalay by 11:30-11:45 at the latest.

Thanks!

How is the Joint in general? Does the floor get super packed? Is it a bitch to get drinks at the bar? Are there long lines to get in?

Man, I am super pumped for this show. Coachella was unreal, and I think this can only be better!

Briznitch
05-04-2006, 08:42 PM
I only saw 1 show at Hard Rock, and it was Ben Harper acoustic. So I can't tell ya about a real Rock show there. What I do know is pretty much from wherever you are, you should be able to see perfectly. It was just a big wide open theatre from what I remember, but it was a lil over a year ago. Drinks weren't too bad to get at all, lots of bartenders. Sorry that's about all the info I have for ya.

uscjeff
05-04-2006, 10:32 PM
I only saw 1 show at Hard Rock, and it was Ben Harper acoustic. So I can't tell ya about a real Rock show there. What I do know is pretty much from wherever you are, you should be able to see perfectly. It was just a big wide open theatre from what I remember, but it was a lil over a year ago. Drinks weren't too bad to get at all, lots of bartenders. Sorry that's about all the info I have for ya.

No worries, thanks man!

Briznitch
05-04-2006, 11:49 PM
On a side note, find the short redhed guy by the soundboard tomorrow night (that's where I'm hopin to be) and you shall partake in smoking some fine greenies. FINE greenies.

taxicabgod
05-05-2006, 06:27 AM
i'd smoke before you go in at that place. i was there for nin and it did not have a weed friendly vibe whatsoever. lots of big ass bouncers prowling aorund.

lvpickle
05-05-2006, 07:25 AM
The last couple of shows that I have seen at the Joint have not been weed or cigarette friendly at all. Maynard has said that he does not like the smoke so they may be extra vigilant. You can see from most anywhere. There is an open floor area and a second level further back that is just a couple of steps higher than the floor. The Bar is at the back of the second level and pretty long. You shouldn't have to wait too long for cocktails.

uscjeff
05-05-2006, 08:17 AM
The last couple of shows that I have seen at the Joint have not been weed or cigarette friendly at all. Maynard has said that he does not like the smoke so they may be extra vigilant. You can see from most anywhere. There is an open floor area and a second level further back that is just a couple of steps higher than the floor. The Bar is at the back of the second level and pretty long. You shouldn't have to wait too long for cocktails.

Hell yeah! I have been wanting to see a show at the Joint for so long!

lvpickle
05-05-2006, 09:00 AM
FucKing Tool on Cinco De Mayo in Vegas!!!!!! I am so stoked. I can barely contain myself. VIVA LA TOOL!!

Briznitch
05-05-2006, 01:57 PM
i'd smoke before you go in at that place. i was there for nin and it did not have a weed friendly vibe whatsoever. lots of big ass bouncers prowling aorund.
Yeah I haven't been there for a real rock show, just an acoustic show and we were all sitting down. Thanks for the heads up but I'm sure bringin some in just in case. And OF COURSE much will be puffed pre-show. That's a given!

This is gonna RULE! Off to get my ticket in a few minutes!

Briznitch
05-05-2006, 04:44 PM
So as I went to onlinetickets.com's office to get my ticket (across from Hard Rock - and yes they do have tickets still as of 4:45pm) I found some interesting information out from the guy that works there. Told me how much this Tool thing has been mayhem for them, and I was like "Well you guys are making some fat money though". He's like "Yeah so are the promoter and tour manager, that's who we buy ours through. The first batch we got wasn't too bad, but the second, and third, we had to pay pretty big." So I was like OOOOOOHHHHHH so it's like that. So in reality, for the most part I bet this is all over the country/world, these tour managers/promoters are banking! If you wanna blame someone for fucking over the fans, blame Tool's tour manager and the promoter for each show. At least according to this guy, and I completely beleive it, having a little insight into the music biz. Bullshit but what can ya do, hopefully the implement something like the checking-ID's thing, this is ridiculous. The people making the show happen are the ones ripping us off. Great.