PDA

View Full Version : 2006/05/04 - Oakland, CA - Paramount Theatre

Pages : [1] 2

Chris_Brightwell
04-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Show was posted briefly on toolband earlier today. Also announced by a local radio station.

Details are forthcoming.

oneredflag
04-17-2006, 02:48 PM
98.5 or "98 rock" krxq says that tix go on sale on sat the 22nd.
well see...
all shows now posted at TA
Nothing at http://www.paramounttheatre.com/schedule.html yet either.
however shows up here http://www.live105.com/concert/default.html
nothing here yet http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/720703

The PARAMOUNT THEATRE
Orchestra Seats: 1756
Balcony Seats: 1284

Total Capacity: 3040

cvan
04-17-2006, 03:46 PM
TA just posted that all mini tour tickets will go on sale Saturday thru ticketmaster.

The Oakland show still isn't listed on ticketmasters site, but hopefully that'll change soon.

Agenda
04-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Anyone know where we can physically get tickets?Or is online the fastest way?

oneredflag
04-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Anyone know where we can physically get tickets?Or is online the fastest way?

Paramount box office doesn't open till noon
Ticketmaster locations are a lotto
online is a crapshoot.

I think you can only buy 4 at a time. I'll buy 4 if i can. Ill only need 2
will sell the others @ face value.
How ever this is still a LONGSHOT!!!!!!!!!!

godhenry
04-17-2006, 04:35 PM
I think you can only buy 4 at a time. I'll buy 4 if i can. Ill only need 2
will sell the others @ face value.
How ever this is still a LONGSHOT!!!!!!!!!!

YES. buy as many tickets as you can. then sell them @ FACE VALUE and make sure that you don't sell them to the scalpers. we can definitely outnumber the scalpers. don't let those scalpers take advantage of this. we can control our destiny.

13rad_34
04-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Don't forget that when you wait in line in person there is a lotto system for the front of the line, so you can get there 3 hours early and still end up towards the back. Just give yourself time to park and get in line beofre the lotto.

daminate
04-17-2006, 04:59 PM
unfortunately a friend of a friend type person to me has some sort of association to ticket broker folk, and mentioned a while back that there is some racket set up that certain ticket brokers are able to buy tickets thru ticketmaster before the general public...., such a bunch of shite. Usually only means they get the prime seats at big shows to sell at premium prices, but with a 3k capacity show it f#$cks the tru fans,

I am hitting this friend of a friend up for as many as they can hookup in case I dont get lucky on sat..., any xtras will try to make available at cost to the dedicated tool fans in these forums through this event thread

oneredflag
04-17-2006, 05:07 PM
unfortunately a friend of a friend type person to me has some sort of association to ticket broker folk, and mentioned a while back that there is some racket set up that certain ticket brokers are able to buy tickets thru ticketmaster before the general public...., such a bunch of shite. Usually only means they get the prime seats at big shows to sell at premium prices, but with a 3k capacity show it f#$cks the tru fans,

I am hitting this friend of a friend up for as many as they can hookup in case I dont get lucky on sat..., any xtras will try to make available at cost to the dedicated tool fans in these forums through this event thread
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=41366
Tread softly!!!

wix3l
04-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Live 105 just aired Vicarious and announced the show after.

Agenda
04-17-2006, 05:44 PM
To those of us (me I hope) who end up with tickets: Does anyone wanna try and meet or go as a group?

oneredflag
04-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Just back from local Tixmaster location - they seem clueless about oakland show.

KJM
04-17-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm a five minute walk away, so if I don't see anything go up online..I'll just walk over and buy my tickets.

KJM
04-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Don't forget that when you wait in line in person there is a lotto system for the front of the line, so you can get there 3 hours early and still end up towards the back. Just give yourself time to park and get in line beofre the lotto.

What? I've never seen that and I've worked at music venues. Is this something the theater itself does?

oneredflag
04-17-2006, 07:14 PM
What? I've never seen that and I've worked at music venues. Is this something the theater itself does?
lotto at ticketmaster locations.
tix sale most likley opens @ 10:00 am, paramount box office opens at noon

the_incunabula
04-17-2006, 08:54 PM
I called the Paramount, they played dumb with me "We know information about a Tool concert here at the moment". Whores.

balce
04-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Live 105 just aired Vicarious and announced the show after.

They played Vicarious again around 8:30/8:45 tonight and afterwards they (again) announced the show on 5/4 - they then aired a caller who inquired about when tickets will go on sale and the DJ said Sunday at 10am through Ticketmaster. (He then repeated it.)

So I guess, Sunday, not Saturday.

KJM
04-17-2006, 09:38 PM
"We know information about a Tool concert here at the moment"

huuzah? what?

balce
04-17-2006, 09:48 PM
TA just posted that all mini tour tickets will go on sale Saturday thru ticketmaster.

The Oakland show still isn't listed on ticketmasters site, but hopefully that'll change soon.

Haha! I just saw this on ToolArmy too.

So I guess it's safer to say that tickets will go on sale this weekend at 10am.

the_incunabula
04-17-2006, 10:38 PM
huuzah? what?

They were being bitches, like they had info but they werent at liberty to discuss it, sorry my post sucked.

fan2005
04-17-2006, 10:58 PM
YES. buy as many tickets as you can. then sell them @ FACE VALUE and make sure that you don't sell them to the scalpers. we can definitely outnumber the scalpers. don't let those scalpers take advantage of this. we can control our destiny.

Hey guys, this is my first post. I'm a total n00b on the toolshed forums. Just found out about the msg board a few days ago and now I'm addicted. I bring my laptop to class, and all i'm doing is checking this msg board. lol.

But I must say, the ticket sharing forum is awesome!! I, too, will try to buy as many as possible and offer at least 2 tickets if I can get my hands on any. =P

F*** the scalpers.

Candy Bars
04-18-2006, 01:26 AM
Yay! I'm glad we've got each other's back on this. Hopefully all the real Tool fans get into the show. I was able to get 4 tickets to the Berkeley theater show (with King Crimson) during the Lateralus tour. I sold two at face value to some cool guy I met on the Tool newsgroup. We met in Berkeley before the show and had a couple beers. Good times...

Go Bears!

CANDYBARS

Novus_Opiate_Seclorum
04-18-2006, 02:41 AM
They played Vicarious again around 8:30/8:45 tonight and afterwards they (again) announced the show on 5/4 - they then aired a caller who inquired about when tickets will go on sale and the DJ said Sunday at 10am through Ticketmaster. (He then repeated it.)

So I guess, Sunday, not Saturday.

Haha that caller was me!!

I will definitely be trying to get tickets, but I will come here and inquire about any extras if anyone scores any. I need 2 for my girlfriend and I, this is going to be interesting. It'll be her first tool show =)

the_incunabula
04-18-2006, 05:37 AM
Did this show get lost in the scuffles?

Th1_rhs13
04-18-2006, 06:01 AM
To those of us (me I hope) who end up with tickets: Does anyone wanna try and meet or go as a group?

I may, want to. But I'm thinking this event or ASU. Don't know yet, how shall you acquire your tickets and where are you from?

DomisInnerChild
04-18-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm in too. I think I'm going solo, so I'll probably have three spares if I get lucky.

Colonel Kurtz
04-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Anyone have any idea why this isn't showing up on Ticketmaster? It's making me VERY NERVOUS

the_incunabula
04-18-2006, 12:05 PM
yeah this shit it freaking me out

Agenda
04-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Anyone have any idea why this isn't showing up on Ticketmaster? It's making me VERY NERVOUS

agreed. What the fuck?

Agenda
04-18-2006, 01:37 PM
I may, want to. But I'm thinking this event or ASU. Don't know yet, how shall you acquire your tickets and where are you from?

check your messages

the_incunabula
04-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Shows up on ticketmaster. whoo.

tophe07
04-18-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm stressing out about this show. Me and my friend are hoping we can get tickets. Good luck to all of you, and hopefully the scalping bastards won't prevent us from getting in.

Futzy
04-18-2006, 02:19 PM
oh awesome its up, good luck everyone. how many tickets does ticketmaster usually let you buy at once?

the_incunabula
04-18-2006, 03:05 PM
I have a feeling the reason its gonna sell out so fast is cuz everyone is buying like 4 tickets.

cvan
04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Paramount theaters site lists the ticket price at $66.66!!!

oneredflag
04-18-2006, 08:21 PM
I have a feeling the reason its gonna sell out so fast is cuz everyone is buying like 4 tickets.
The reason it will sell out so damn fast if the fact that The Paramount will only hold 3040 rabid TOOL fans.

the_incunabula
04-18-2006, 08:39 PM
The reason it will sell out so damn fast if the fact that The Paramount will only hold 3040 rabid TOOL fans.

HAHA, yeah

velocity
04-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Be careful too, if you buy online, not to hit 'refresh' too often at 10 a.m. or they'll make you wait 5-10 minutes before you can try again!

edit: On one hand, doesn't the Paramount have like twice the capacity of Berkeley Community Theater? So, theoretically, it'll sell out a little slower?

OTOH, I think they limited ticket sales to 2/ea for that show. So it's a wash.

Futzy
04-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Be careful too, if you buy online, not to hit 'refresh' too often at 10 a.m. or they'll make you wait 5-10 minutes before you can try again!

edit: On one hand, doesn't the Paramount have like twice the capacity of Berkeley Community Theater? So, theoretically, it'll sell out a little slower?

2 per person? ah fuck...

tophe07
04-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Just called and confirmed with Paramount. There will be a 2 ticket limit per person.

Also, note that you cannot order more than 2 tickets through ticketmaster using any identical information:

i.e. you can't order tickets with 1 credit card, and have your buddy order 2 with another card with your name, address, billing info, etc.

so each order of 2 tickets must be "unique"

good luck, I'm sweating balls...me and my friend will be devasted if we don't get tix

amitface
04-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Just called and confirmed with Paramount. There will be a 2 ticket limit per person.

Also, note that you cannot order more than 2 tickets through ticketmaster using any identical information:

i.e. you can't order tickets with 1 credit card, and have your buddy order 2 with another card with your name, address, billing info, etc.

so each order of 2 tickets must be "unique"

good luck, I'm sweating balls...me and my friend will be devasted if we don't get tix

Not even an identical address only? like a credit card of another member of the family?

tophe07
04-19-2006, 02:33 PM
according to ticketmaster policy, there can be no matching info...but I don't know how strictly they will enforce this

it could just be BS to discourage people.

hard to say, even harder to get a hold of a human being over ther.

tophe07
04-19-2006, 02:50 PM
From Ticketmaster:

The venue or artist/event management will typically impose a ticket limit per customer, credit card or address in order to provide ticket access to as many fans as possible. Ticket limits vary depending on the type of event or the anticipated demand for tickets. Check the event information area of the purchase page for more information on ticket limits for your event. Please adhere to published ticket limits.

Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, email address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

Futzy
04-19-2006, 04:58 PM
fuck.

tophe07
04-19-2006, 05:20 PM
fuck.

Ticketmaster is soul sucking.

Futzy
04-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Ticketmaster is soul sucking.
yeah pretty much. now some of my friends will be able to get tickets and some wont, thisll be fun.

NowisMytimE
04-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Anyone know how much they are?

Futzy
04-19-2006, 10:12 PM
66 before fees i think

NowisMytimE
04-19-2006, 11:54 PM
YIKES i really need to go tho, so oh well.

godhenry
04-20-2006, 09:57 AM

can velocity, or someone, explain to me about the "not to hit refresh too often at 10am" thing? I never had a problem doing before but that was the last TOOL tour. How's the technology changed these days?

godhenry
04-20-2006, 10:19 AM
can velocity, or someone, explain to me about the "not to hit refresh too often at 10am" thing? I never had a problem doing before but that was the last TOOL tour. How's the technology changed these days?
now i think more about it, it's a ploy by velocity. good one! you almost got me :P

unless someone else give me a convincing explanation otherwise, no?

Madrid
04-20-2006, 12:01 PM
I'd like to know more about this refresh thing.

Also, two ticket limit?

And lastly, I have a question: If i go and select "Orchestra A-P" tickets, is there a good chance I WONT get them? Should I just click best available or shoot for balcony or what?

Madrid
04-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Also, you all wanna hang on in San Francisco on the fourth? We'll go to Boudins and eat mashed potatoes.

Novus_Opiate_Seclorum
04-20-2006, 12:33 PM
good lord. 2 tickets. argh!

Sir Loin IV
04-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Sir Loin must go to the show. Went to the small one in Berkley 5 years ago, and it was abselutely insane. Thanks for info Tophe07...I'm sure we'll get at least 1 pair.

trunksx34
04-20-2006, 02:55 PM
during a presale last year, i was hitting F5 so fast and for so long, that I refreshed past the ticket buying screen, and the Presale sold out. So i learned my lesson and from now on I will definitely make sure of what the screen says before I refresh the page.

amitface
04-20-2006, 03:08 PM
during a presale last year, i was hitting F5 so fast and for so long, that I refreshed past the ticket buying screen, and the Presale sold out. So i learned my lesson and from now on I will definitely make sure of what the screen says before I refresh the page.

That's actually pretty hilarious. Be careful though. Refresh slowly. There's a limit now.

Futzy
04-20-2006, 03:13 PM
does that mean refreshing with your browser, or hitting the find me better tickets button?

Madrid
04-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Can anybody give me advice?
Should I select the seats I want or just hit best available?

I am guessing that by the time I click "Orchestra A-P" it'll be sold out and I'll be sent back to the start - and the venue will be sold out completly. Anybody have any idea?

What time-frame am I looking at?
As far as I know "Best Available" will only earn me crap seats.

the_incunabula
04-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Can anybody give me advice?
Should I select the seats I want or just hit best available?

I am guessing that by the time I click "Orchestra A-P" it'll be sold out and I'll be sent back to the start - and the venue will be sold out completly. Anybody have any idea?

What time-frame am I looking at?
As far as I know "Best Available" will only earn me crap seats.

There are no crap seats in the paramount. Your best bet is definently "best available" so you get a ticket at all.

Madrid
04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
There are no crap seats in the paramount. Your best bet is definently "best available" so you get a ticket at all.

Thank you very much, I will take your advice.

Oh man, people have me stressed out now.
I've got a sattelite-set clock, a two monitor display, a cookie-clearing macro ready...

I must have a ticket.

Th1_rhs13
04-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Fucking hell, this is getting intense good thing all the peopole I asked to go backed out so it's just me going. 10am Pacific, right?

cvan
04-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Fucking hell, this is getting intense good thing all the peopole I asked to go backed out so it's just me going. 10am Pacific, right?

No.......10PM.........Central Time...........Pass it on!!!

hehehe

Madrid
04-20-2006, 08:03 PM
10am Pacific. yes.

If I get a ticket, I'm going to cry with joy.

tophe07
04-21-2006, 12:41 PM
The 2 ticket maximum will help slow down the selling out. Good luck all.

Agenda
04-21-2006, 12:53 PM
The 2 ticket maximum will help slow down the selling out. Good luck all.

True.

Sir Loin IV
04-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Confidently grinning. I'm gonna take a positive stance on this madness.

daminate
04-21-2006, 02:07 PM
On a positive note.., a lot of the topics for other locations have 4/5+ pages of posts. So either it will be a little less crazy for oaktown.., or us bay area folk are a little be less high maintenence.

godhenry
04-21-2006, 03:18 PM
fiona apple would be sold out quicker if it were at the filmore.

oakland is a different ball game.

NowisMytimE
04-21-2006, 03:22 PM
=I have to work tomorrow so who is going to purchase my ticket for me? =D for a small fee of course? Any1 going alone that can buy 2 tickets?

Edgetow
04-21-2006, 03:43 PM
On a positive note.., a lot of the topics for other locations have 4/5+ pages of posts. So either it will be a little less crazy for oaktown.., or us bay area folk are a little be less high maintenence.

They're just more organized than us. The bigger threads contain people asking for tickets/notifying that they'll have extra tickets.

Unfortunately, its probably the same amount of crazyiness here as it is anywhere.

the_incunabula
04-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah, maybe we bay area tool fans are a select few.
Or we just aren't fucking crazy.

Sir Loin IV
04-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Unfortunately I don't think it's just bay area. This is the ONLY show in california for at least 4 or 5 months. I have a feeling we'll battle people as far south as LA, and as far north as Reno for these. Shit my bro lives in Davis...and he's tryin to get tickets.

Still though...if you can get on ticketmaster during the first 10 seconds...you should be set.

Good Luck to all

-Sir Loin IV

oneredflag
04-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah, maybe we bay area tool fans are a select few.
Or we just aren't fucking crazy.
The GA tix for the '02 tour went pretty fast.
and L.A. has Coachella Festival - large venue

the_incunabula
04-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Seriously, good luck to all.

Futzy
04-21-2006, 05:05 PM
The GA tix for the '02 tour went pretty fast.
and L.A. has Coachella Festival - large venue
yeah hopefully that will free up some room...god damnit this is gonna be fucking rediculous.

Madrid
04-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Unfortunately I don't think it's just bay area. This is the ONLY show in california for at least 4 or 5 months. I have a feeling we'll battle people as far south as LA, and as far north as Reno for these. Shit my bro lives in Davis...and he's tryin to get tickets.

Still though...if you can get on ticketmaster during the first 10 seconds...you should be set.

Good Luck to all

-Sir Loin IV

Amen. I can bein Los Angeles in less than an hour.
And I'm jockeying for tickets.

I've recruited my girlfriend to try to buy tickets at the same time. It might increase my odds.

I'm spending way too much money to see them. But honestly, I'm really looking forward to meeting all the people there.

I saw APC when they came to the Civic Center in SF - and you guys are the nicest people I've ever met. Strangely enough.

Th1_rhs13
04-21-2006, 09:02 PM
SoCal here and I will be up bright an early for one. How for is Redding from Oakland? It's around Stanford, right?

chickenweasel
04-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Redding is a 3-3.5 hour drive north of Oakland. Oakland isn't too far from Stanford (we're talking about the school, right?), which is in Palo Alto (half hour from Oakland).

Th1_rhs13
04-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Oh fuck! Yeah the hotel I'm looking at is next to Stanford University but my other out was in Redding, fuck that, i'll just pay up the extra cash. I was thinking SF, but the prices are steep!

Wait it's Redwood. Fucking hell they won't allow for a check in becuase im 20! What the hell?!

Madrid
04-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Any of us going to hang out at all? Or at least have something on that distinguishes us from the crowd?

lol, I could wear a fat "Chronic" Dr. Dre shirt. I bet that would do it.

Th1_rhs13
04-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Agenda and I might meet up I'm sure you can join in. Where are you coming from? I have never been to NorCal.

First lets get our tickets, then we can plan a shindig or somthing. Hell if I get a ticket after party is at my hotel room bring booze, food and Hot Chicks!

The ramada in hayward looks decently close back onto the 5 and doesn't list an age limit so. In less then 10 hours we'll see!

I'll come back on at 8am or so, lets get a chat or somthing going on aim. Those dudes from texas are fucking a tight knit group and are helping each other out. We should follow ther example. Pm me your Aim or somthing.

Candy Bars
04-21-2006, 11:36 PM
What, there's a Texas ticket buying conspiracy? Well, I'm all up in Berkeley. I hope you guys get tickets. Everyone on this forum should get tickets. That is my one wish. And also, that all the children of the world can hold hands and sing in harmony.

CANDY BARS...

livid star
04-21-2006, 11:40 PM
So does anyone know anything about ordering over the phone?
My main question is when doing so, can you call 1-2 minutes early to go through all the prompts and what not? Does it matter?

I am trying to attack this thing at four angles here. I plan to be online, of course, and simultaneously on the phone - all while my husband is going to try the rare odds of Tower's tickmaster. Hopefully at least ONE of us will get tickets. Fingers are cross.

I am so nervous about it guys! I have to stop myself from thinking "I bet they'll open with Vicarious" ( I want to hear it live), or "I hope they play pushit." I will be very disappointed, to say the least, but I am hoping for the t.d.n. ticket connection as back up.

Good luck everyone!

p.s. The fortunate should definitely meet up.

chickenweasel
04-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Well, goodnight all. Hopefully all of us in the bay area can have positive experiences tomorrow @ 10. (fingers crossed for everyone...)

Madrid
04-22-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking about it.
My woman is going to snipe with me from her house with her credit info.

I havn't been this nervous since....
Oh God, I have to pee.

Feitiço
04-22-2006, 02:09 AM
la di da

Th1_rhs13
04-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I'm up!

gapingaenima
04-22-2006, 07:24 AM
It is our 15 anniversary and my wife wants nothing more than to go to this show. We are unable to be around for the on sale time though. Please please please, if anyone gets extra tickets to the show, we would like to by them. You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Th1_rhs13
04-22-2006, 07:46 AM
What the hell, have you seen these other guy's experiences?

bkinman
04-22-2006, 07:49 AM
It is our 15 anniversary and my wife wants nothing more than to go to this show. We are unable to be around for the on sale time though. Please please please, if anyone gets extra tickets to the show, we would like to by them. You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

I would think that if you are a tool fan you really would be able to be around at 10am to get tickets. What is the excuse?

oneredflag
04-22-2006, 07:50 AM
What the hell, have you seen these other guy's experiences?
pretty much par-for-the-course.
many of us will be crying in an hr. or so

Th1_rhs13
04-22-2006, 07:58 AM
I would think that if you are a tool fan you really would be able to be around at 10am to get tickets. What is the excuse?

Hey calm down, if I can refrain from being myself in this thread you MUST do so as well.

cvan
04-22-2006, 07:59 AM
TA sent out random e-mails for pre-sale tickets this morning. I didn't get one, but congrats to those who did. Good luck to all others!!!

Madrid
04-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Hey guys! Looks like not every ticket sold-out instantly on the Eastcoast... there might be hope for all of us!

Futzy
04-22-2006, 08:02 AM
TA sent out random e-mails for pre-sale tickets this morning. I didn't get one, but congrats to those who did. Good luck to all others!!!
fucking lame

Th1_rhs13
04-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Hey guys! Looks like not every ticket sold-out instantly on the Eastcoast... there might be hope for all of us!

Everythiong crashed in the New york thread netting a big 0 for everyone, or so I believe after reading the thread.

daminate
04-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Shite isnt looking good for us.

I tried to get tickets for PA and IL at 7 and 9. Did the refresh thing, selected two, no dice at either show....., repeated 2nd try with 1 ticket, and still no luck.

So we seem to be looking at like a 30 sec window where the general public has access to tix.

Th1_rhs13
04-22-2006, 08:39 AM
20 minutes, Im going to check back when I have succeded in victory or have been crushed by defeat. Best of luck.

daminate
04-22-2006, 08:41 AM
also.....,

Ticketmaster seems to be heavily cookie driven..., so I recomend having at least one or two extra browswer windows open and logged into your account. They have a little blocker setup for too many requests within a certain time period and you are locked out of their system with that browser window.., have to open a new one.

Feitiço
04-22-2006, 08:42 AM
I'll be getting tickets for my g/f and brother. Means I'll have to find an alternative method of getting in. In case one of you sweethearts runs into a bind or wants to help me out, I'm good for the cash and will buy you oh so many popsicles of your choice in addition to copius verbal reenforcement of your sainthood. The name's Erik, making the trip from Santa Cruz, and can be found at [email protected]. I'll be lurking around in the meantime since that is my duty. Thanks mates.

bkinman
04-22-2006, 08:47 AM
God, the anticipation! GAH! I'm pretty sure im gonna lose this game and it is going to ruin my day.

Feitiço
04-22-2006, 08:49 AM
gotta have faith -ah faith -ah faith...... BAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBAYYYYYYYYYYY

bkinman
04-22-2006, 08:51 AM
How bad could it be. I mean, im sure I can make it within the 6 second threshold, right?

Feitiço
04-22-2006, 09:06 AM
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

bkinman
04-22-2006, 09:07 AM
... Sadness... BIG sadness

cvan
04-22-2006, 09:07 AM
well it didn't happen for me. DAMN!!!!

right at 10:00 and no luck.

ANYONE WITH EXTRAS????

jkarp
04-22-2006, 09:08 AM
If anyone has a single floor ticket, I need one!

thanks... josh

bkinman
04-22-2006, 09:16 AM
... Sadness... BIG sadness

Madrid
04-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah... I was in there in under 3 seconds...
Still nothing.

This shit is a hoax.

IF you'd like to see who GOT ALL THE TICKETS check here.
http://www.stubhub.com/tool-tickets/?event_id=289321&d=1&sort_by=per_ticket_price

Pretty good, if you're "The man"

By the way - I'll buy any single ticket from anybody who gets one.

Madrid
04-22-2006, 09:18 AM
ok. EVERYBODY. TIME FOR CATHARSIS!
FFFFFUCK
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

bkinman
04-22-2006, 09:19 AM
You see fellow tool fans? Today was harvest day, and for us, it was the holocaust....

Th1_rhs13
04-22-2006, 09:19 AM
MOTHER FUCKER! What the fuck was that shit, at 10am on the dot they still weren't avilable, then I get this shit about none avilable 3 seconds later. This is a front for teh mob, they are going to have the their E-thugs scalping shit. FUCK FUCK FUCK! I tired litterally 100 times!

bkinman
04-22-2006, 09:24 AM
MOTHER FUCKER! What the fuck was that shit, at 10am on the dot they still weren't avilable, then I get this shit about none avilable 3 seconds later. This is a front for teh mob, they are going to have the their E-thugs scalping shit. FUCK FUCK FUCK! I tired litterally 100 times!

Yeah, that shit about not being available until a couple of seconds after 10:00 was pretty fucked.

Madrid
04-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Really, it took 30 seconds on my atomic-updated-clock for it to ding over.

This sucks. FUCK!

Madrid
04-22-2006, 09:26 AM
http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/Tickets.aspx?evtid=348991

Take a look, more tickets from the man.

velocity
04-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Did any actual fan get a ticket? Fucking scalpers.

13rad_34
04-22-2006, 09:29 AM
don't think so...

Feitiço
04-22-2006, 09:31 AM
eBAY, that wonderful fucking site, has nearly 60 tickets on sale as we speak, going for over 500 a pair. Fucking anybody to pay their mortgage.

oneredflag
04-22-2006, 09:31 AM
I am in 2 on the balcony....
Thank the silly monkeys

13rad_34
04-22-2006, 09:35 AM
So, who has any extra tickets that they need to get rid of...anyone, anyone. I'll give you my first born...oh alright, and my wife...

Feitiço
04-22-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure that between stub-hub, ebay, ticketliquidator, radio promotions and friends of people in the business, not a single proletariat TOOL fan got tickets to this show. That is my naiive resolution.

Madrid
04-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Wow... it's obvious these are not shows for the fans.
Celebrity club, red-carpet shit.

Madrid
04-22-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm pretty sure that between stub-hub, ebay, ticketliquidator, radio promotions and friends of people in the business, not a single proletariat TOOL fan got tickets to this show. That is my naiive resolution.

Well, one guy did. God knows how he did it.

vedhead
04-22-2006, 09:41 AM
anybody get lucky? i was on there and they were gone before 10:01am. You can goto an agency and pay from 200-1200 per ticket. I hope they play a larger venue in the area very soon.

gapingaenima
04-22-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry to say, I actually got a pair. Ok I'm totally ecstatic. . I posted ealier to find some for sale in case we didn't get any since it is our anniversary so I thought I would let people know that we no longer need them. We seem to have luck near our anniversary since we went to the small Chicago show 4 years ago on our anniversary. To all that didn't get them, don't give up yet. We actually got good tickets to both Berkeley shows on the last tour from people for face value. Good luck everyone and we hope to see you all there.

Novus_Opiate_Seclorum
I got two for the balcony =)

Feitiço
Wow... it's obvious these are not shows for the fans.
Celebrity club, red-carpet shit.

That's what I'm thinkin' fucking Posh bougiefest (that I wish I were part of). But I just can't feel good knowing some douchebag's 13 year old daughter and the like will be at this show instead of us.

I thought I might have graduated the GA arena shows after 5 years of waiting.................

ccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrying, cccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrying, ccccccrrrrrrrrrrrryeeeeeeeiiiiiiing

Orbison knew how we feel.

velocity
04-22-2006, 09:46 AM
They need to do what SOAD did @ the Fillmore--box office only, one ticket per customer, on sale the day before the show. Or will-call only the day of the show.

temporary sanity
04-22-2006, 09:49 AM
If anyone is lucky enough to have an extra ticket and wants to see it go to a true fan please let me know.Fuck Ticketmaster.

Novus_Opiate_Seclorum
04-22-2006, 09:53 AM
these are the seats I got...about after 7-8 frantic refreshes on ticketmaster

Full Price Ticket BALC P 122 - 124

STAIR ACCESS ONLY TO THIS SECTION (NO ELEVATOR)
Balcony Rear [Last 10 Rows of Balcony]
Balcony [Elevated Off Floor Level]

Does anyone know if I'll be able to get on the floor? Or will I have to sit in the balcony?

the_incunabula
04-22-2006, 09:58 AM
if any one has spare tickets, email me, for the love of god. [email protected]

peace love
spiral out

chickenweasel
04-22-2006, 10:00 AM
I got one orchestra floor ticket. My roommate was trying too, at the exact same time, right here next to me and he got NOTHING. It's a total crapshoot.

Scrunzset
04-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Alright, so I have to work on the 4th.... could someone just sneak in a vid cam and record it well? I'll give killer head to whoever does it.

Agenda
04-22-2006, 10:26 AM
I have an EXTRA TICKET!!!! I have 4 total.

pm me and we'll work out something...

oneredflag
04-22-2006, 10:32 AM

Does anyone know if I'll be able to get on the floor? Or will I have to sit in the balcony?
only if you find a way to sneak down.
I got balcony as well, better than none.
I have seen front row as much as $1000 per - RAPE

layer1
04-22-2006, 10:34 AM
What a scam, its all seems a deception. Have been waiting years to the see the band, both me and my Son! its all the good-ol-boy network that has all the tickets wrapped up next to the gold bullion waiting to rip off the masses.
I'll now beg too...
Help needing 3 Tool tickets for Oakland 5/4 show!
Me my son and his lovely girlfriend would love to see the band!
Please help!

email goingweb @ gmail.com

Madrid
04-22-2006, 10:34 AM

I'll kill for it?

Serious, let's work something out.

layer1
04-22-2006, 10:41 AM
I have cash looking for the 3 magic tickets
Big fan of Tool since Opiate days!
dont want to get ripped off just looking for hope
from fellow fans!!!

goingweb @ gmail.com

universereflected
04-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Okay...so I live in Seattle, wanted to buy tickets to the Paramount in Seattle. After clicking purchase, I realized I had gotten two tickets to Oakland. Orch level, row OO.

I might try and go, but would love to see them in Seattle instead. Any dumbasses in Oakland who bought accidently for the Paramount in Seattle and want to trade?

Its a long shot...but what the hell.

wix3l
04-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Okay...so I live in Seattle, wanted to buy tickets to the Paramount in Seattle. After clicking purchase, I realized I had gotten two tickets to Oakland. Orch level, row OO.

I might try and go, but would love to see them in Seattle instead. Any dumbasses in Oakland who bought accidently for the Paramount in Seattle and want to trade?

Get tix for Seattle then give your Oakland ones to me.

layer1
04-22-2006, 10:46 AM

I'll takem if you want the cash to try and buy 2 for Seattle

goingweb @ gmail.com

Madrid
04-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Hmmmm, nobody has messaged me back. I take that as a bit no.

Geedorah
04-22-2006, 11:18 AM
I broke down and paid a "little" extra for tickets.

6th row center balcony.

raj
04-22-2006, 11:20 AM
I broke down and paid a "little" extra for tickets.

6th row center balcony.

From where?

Th1_rhs13
04-22-2006, 11:25 AM

Hey dude ill give you a call. I left my cell in my car.

layer1
04-22-2006, 11:40 AM
I understand Tool's decision to play only small venues and I have been to a few arena BB&Q's. But what is up with the vanashing ticket thing? Only for the privilaged or well connected or is it luck?

ven·ue Audio pronunciation of "venues" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vny)
n.

1. Law.
1. The locality where a crime is committed or a cause of action occurs.
2. The locality or political division from which a jury is called and in which a trial is held.
3. The clause within a declaration naming the locality in which a trial will be held.
4. The clause in an affidavit naming the place where it was sworn to.
1. The scene or setting in which something takes place; a locale: “that non-cinematic venue of popular nightmares, the discotheque” (P.J. O'Rourke).
2. A place for large gatherings, as a sports stadium.

Novus_Opiate_Seclorum
04-22-2006, 11:46 AM
So what kind of mind altering substances will you guys and gals be taking before the show?

I still haven't heard the new album yet, its sitting on my desktop mocking me... I'm tempted not to listen before the 4th!

Th1_rhs13
04-22-2006, 11:58 AM
A pint full of angst mixed with envy if I don't get to go.

mokasquarl
04-22-2006, 12:05 PM
A pint full of angst mixed with envy if I don't get to go.
agreed....I've been trying for the last 3+ hours to get tickets to any show nearby with ZERO luck....fuck ticketmaster, fuck presales and fuck scalpers.

the_incunabula
04-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Any one have two extra tickets? Did they all end up on stubhub where we can get ass raped for tickets. I have a feeling those tickets that are going to 1000 bucks are just gonna sit there, and then there will be empty seats up front...tears*

layer1
04-22-2006, 12:22 PM
agreed....I've been trying for the last 3+ hours to get tickets to any show nearby with ZERO luck....fuck ticketmaster, fuck presales and fuck scalpers.

"Jello has no bones just like scalpers and the Corperations that run-em."
"gelatinise fluidity"

Tickets are $200-$1000
Does the band know they are contributing to this?
I want to support the artist not the man!

Th1_rhs13
04-22-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm tired, and am succombing to the belief that I may not see Tool live. I've been up since 5am preping for this shit.

trunksx34
04-22-2006, 12:38 PM
oh wow, well this may be a longshot, but friends of mine scored 3 tickets, 2 next to each other and 1 by itself. If anyone that has 3 tix that are together and would be willing to trade. please pm me

oneredflag
04-22-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm tired, and am succombing to the belief that I may not see Tool live. I've been up since 5am preping for this shit.
They will come around again and there will be more tix next time.
The floor will sell out fast however.

Madrid
04-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Guys, I made us all a rap.

http://www.myspace.com/mydemocraticrepublic

Check out my songs to the right - it's labeled "Tickets"

I just made it for all of us. Enjoy guys.

KJM
04-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Ok. I don't know who still has tickets and who doesn't. I got fucked because I had to be on a plane when tickets went on sale.

IF SOMEONE HAS JUST ONE TICKET, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PM ME.

Candy Bars
04-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I had 6 friends trying to buy tickets for me. No luck. Lame. Oh well, at least I'll get to see them in the Forum (or some other giant place) in LA with a million moshing high schoolers who have no idea what they're listening to.

Candy Bars
04-22-2006, 03:04 PM
P.S. (I need a ticket).

Wingedson
04-22-2006, 03:53 PM
I am looking for a single ticket, any seating location. I can pay up to about 100 dollars, cant really afford more than that, please pm me or AIM me MTATHRARSI, or email me @ [email protected]

KJM
04-22-2006, 03:54 PM
no one is suppose to be charging more than ticket value here.

Wingedson
04-22-2006, 04:10 PM
no one is suppose to be charging more than ticket value here.

That would be sweet, face value!

Madrid
04-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Well, whoever hooks me up with a ticket - I'll take em to lunch at Boudins in San Francisco the day of. Sucks too, even if I'm from the LA area - I love the Oakland crowd, the nicest people.

Feitiço
04-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Well done on the rap Madrid, I enjoyed it, kinda wanted to add it to my profffiiiiiiileeeeeeeeeeee, but not able.

yahhhhhhhhp

www.myspace.com/causesexualthought

Futzy
04-22-2006, 08:25 PM
hey Feitico nice to see another person from santa cruz. PS anyone got an extra ticket?

AMF
04-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I like most of you got screwed by the Ticketmaster fiasco yesterday, and am looking for a pair of tix as well. Only 16 years old, die-hard Tool fan not like one of those trendy teeny-boppers you might imagine younger Tool fans being, I even saw them on the Lateralus tour when I was 12 and I LOVE these guys\m/ Anyone willing to help me out PLEASE send me a private message as soon as possible. Thank you.

evrenseven
04-23-2006, 09:41 AM
As much as we despise the trade of scalping tickets, scalping is a legitimate business. Scalpers have gone to great expense to set up ways to obtain tickets and then resell them at a value the public is willing to pay. It's not illegal, and depending on who you talk to it may or may not be immoral.

In Florida, ticket scapling has expressly been legislated against. I believe tickets can't be resold for more than one dollar over face value.

Write your congressman, Californians.

jkarp
04-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Does anyone here want to go in half on a 2 ticket sale from ebay or something with me? I only need one ticket but most of the auctions are for 2. I want to be in the single letter seats on the floor.

Email me if you would like to try and work something out.

[email protected]

thanks... josh

Madrid
04-23-2006, 10:35 AM
As much as we despise the trade of scalping tickets, scalping is a legitimate business. Scalpers have gone to great expense to set up ways to obtain tickets and then resell them at a value the public is willing to pay. It's not illegal, and depending on who you talk to it may or may not be immoral.

In Florida, ticket scapling has expressly been legislated against. I believe tickets can't be resold for more than one dollar over face value.

Write your congressman, Californians.

I am going to reply to this post in "Interact/social"

That's a big issue to bring up.

Agenda
04-23-2006, 01:21 PM
I still have my EXTRA ticket. Before I get more dumb pms about selling the ticket for more then face value. Because its dick, or saying I'm an asshole. I never said I wanted anything more then face value. To the guys that want to go with more then one person. sorry I only have one extra. All I'm looking for is a ride to the show and back to my house. My car blew up awhile ago. So anyways pm me and we'll work something out

livid star
04-23-2006, 06:30 PM
This is probably not the best place to ask this question given its pointlessness, however, after much consideration I have decided to post it anyway.

Does anyone think Maynard will try to hawk his wine in the merchandise stand for the tour? Would anyone buy it?

Wingedson
04-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Okay, I got the lady a ticket, now I need one for myself. Anyone have any tickets in any seat for the Oakland show, please email me. [email protected]

tommy
04-24-2006, 12:54 AM

wow. hmmm lessee.... will u be able to get on the floor or have to sit IN UR SEAT THAT U GOT A TICKET FOR. I dunno but Im glad now I wasnt able to get tickets or I might be losing sleep like you over wether I get to see the show from the floor or my balcony seat. PHEW!

KJM
04-24-2006, 05:56 AM

I need a ticket? =( lol

UrQuattro
04-24-2006, 07:01 AM
In Need of a Miracle. Hey, so i need a couple tickets to this concert. I'll do whatever it takes to make it worth your while... hehe...

and, um... cute women... im a hot guy - blue eyes, dark blonde hair, 6'2", 185lbs, drive a sports car... and i will be more than happy to do you a favor by taking you to the concert if you dont have a date... and if you do already have a date, im more than willing to take you anyway... it is the least i could do to say thank you for the ticket...

http://www.myspace.com/mswmswmsw

Puhleeze help a brotha out. I live in SF... born and raised here... and yeah, if ya only have one, im fine with that too... two is preferable, of course... danke

Th1_rhs13
04-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Tool fans are willing to sell themselves for tickts. That's funny.

spacement
04-24-2006, 10:28 AM
I still have my EXTRA ticket. Before I get more dumb pms about selling the ticket for more then face value. Because its dick, or saying I'm an asshole. I never said I wanted anything more then face value. To the guys that want to go with more then one person. sorry I only have one extra. All I'm looking for is a ride to the show and back to my house. My car blew up awhile ago. So anyways pm me and we'll work something out

Not sure where you live but the 19th street BART station is a block from the Paramount. Makes it real easy to get there if you live anywhere near a BART station.

chickenweasel
04-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Not sure where you live but the 19th street BART station is a block from the Paramount. Makes it real easy to get there if you live anywhere near a BART station.

I rarely leave the city so I forget that I live 3 blocks from BART. Convenience is cool.

Sir Loin IV
04-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Hope you guys all get tickets...and won't have to sell your livers to do so. My buddy and I had our friends try their hardest to get as many tix away from the fucking scalpers as possible. But out of 15 or so people...we ended up with practically nothing. I hope the band's aware of the fucking crimes committed against their fans.

Best of luck to all of you

Wingedson
04-24-2006, 11:48 PM
I bet the band scans these forums incognito. They know the scalpers are ruining the chance for many loyal fans to see them live in a dream location like the small, personal venues these shows are at. There really isnt a lot they can do about at this point. Possibly in the future they can change their method of distributing tickets and work something out where the brokers cant by so damn many.

DomisInnerChild
04-25-2006, 05:21 PM
So did Ticketmasters really have a lottery system? Just for future reference because I saw so much about only the morons would camp out. The Wherehouse I went to printed out tickets as fast as they could (got 20) and gave them to the first ten people in line that had cash (everybody did). Really sucked because I got up at 6:30 am to get the breaks done on my car (which is an amazing statment from me, noon is early on Sunday), if I knew it wasn't going to be a lotto I would have gotten there sooner.

godhenry
04-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Damn my eyes!

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/899/tool0504paramount5xp.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

see you all there. to those who got screwed by the scalpers, my heart goes to you and I'll channel some TOOL energy out of Paramount on 05/04 to y'all TOOL fans in the greater Bay Area!

vedhead
04-25-2006, 09:47 PM
I just wish the band was getting the exorbitant amount of cash I had to throw down...

Th1_rhs13
04-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Enjoy it, guys.

chickenweasel
04-26-2006, 12:52 AM
For those that have never been to the Paramount in Oakland, here are some great photos: http://www.fototime.com/inv/3A0B10D6D2770C2
(Not my pics. It's a photoblogger's collection of the theatre).

godhenry
04-26-2006, 02:03 AM
For those that have never been to the Paramount in Oakland, here are some great photos: http://www.fototime.com/inv/3A0B10D6D2770C2
(Not my pics. It's a photoblogger's collection of the theatre).
good post. Sweet thanks!

balce
04-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Tool fans are willing to sell themselves for tickts. That's funny.

Anyone happened to check out the Morning Music Co-Op on Live 105 this morning? This week they are giving chances for people to win tickets to the show and this morning they aired a fan who stood on top of his car outside the station, dressed and sang like Maynard to try to get tickets to this show! It was great.

The DJs also mentioned how yesterday, a girl dared herself to eat placenta (ew) as a way to get tickets to this show. Wow.

Wonder if these folks are registered here...? I'm interested in knowing the outcome...

chickenweasel
04-26-2006, 10:35 AM
...a girl dared herself to eat placenta (ew) as a way to get tickets to this show...

damn. it just occurred to me that there's a whole world of things i wouldn't do to go see TOOL. And here I thought I was dedicated!

vedhead
04-26-2006, 10:51 AM
speaking of eating placenta, anybody ever see a family of Eskimos eat a seal?
HOLY SHIT. They eat EVERYTHING. RAW. They cut that shit open on the floor and the whole family goes to work.
If that chick was Eskimo, she should be disqualified.

*Sorry if this post offends Eskimos...but, it is true*

Agenda
04-26-2006, 12:21 PM
My extra is now offically GONE. Best of luck to the rest of you on getting tickets. If you haven't already checked it, Ticketstub.com has the best deals I've seen. Anyways does anyone wanna meet up before or after the show

oneredflag
04-26-2006, 05:50 PM
I think I am gonna take bart from pleasanton
It is just to east to take bart than bother with traffic!
Where is every one else who is going coming from?

chickenweasel
04-26-2006, 06:21 PM
I live in san francisco and i'm taking bart. i live 3 blocks from the station (16th/mission) so it's a quick walk for me.

livid star
04-26-2006, 06:25 PM
I am driving in from San Jose. I have never been to Oakland. I am leaving work at 5, I figure that gives me plenty of time to get lost or mugged and still make it to the show on time.

It's been mentioned before, but I totally think we should all hang out before or after the show. Lets get some organization amongst us all!

oneredflag
04-26-2006, 06:43 PM
any one know if they sell drinks at the paramount?

(they did at the paramount in Seattle)

chickenweasel
04-26-2006, 06:49 PM
any one know if they sell drinks at the paramount?

(they did at the paramount in Seattle)
THIS is what I'm talking about.
Looking at the Paramount (not seattle's) website, there doesn't appear to be any kind of lounge/bar there. I'm from SF so I don't know anything much about downtown oakland so I don't know if there's a bar on that block.

anybody?

spacement
04-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Yes they do serve drinks at the Paramount in Oakland. the bar is located on the level below the lobby. Be forwarned they do not take credit cards, there is no ATM in the Paramount and there is no "in's or out's". I learned the hard last week when between four of us we only had enough money to buy two beers ($5 each by the way).

Also the drink lines move very slowwwwwww. And you can't take drinks back to your seat unless it is water. They didn't even search us going into the David Gilmour concert (hint, hint for you tapers) although I'm not sure if they will be harder on us Tool fans. Someone had mentioned the lax searches about the first night of Gilmour, so knowing that I bought my own water with me. I just wish I had bought some more money for beer. The do take credit cards at the merch table just not at the bar. go figure.

spacement
04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
I live in san francisco and i'm taking bart. i live 3 blocks from the station (16th/mission) so it's a quick walk for me.

I would highly recommend anyone that can take BART do so. The 19th Street station lets you off at 19th & Broadway. The Paramount is on 20th & Broadway. It's a short trip from almost any direction and it's better than parking your car in that neighborhood.

Wingedson
04-26-2006, 10:16 PM
If anyone of you can please tape this show. Whether or not I end up there or not I would love a recording. During the Lateralus tour, I saw them in Berkeley at a great small venue. My friend tied his digital camera to his drawstring and dangled the camera between his legs right against his balls, he got patted up to no end and nothing was found. A hint for anyone bringing a camera or recording device.

Madrid
04-27-2006, 01:51 AM
Tickets? Anybody?

Speaker4TheDead
04-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I think I am gonna take bart from pleasanton
It is just to east to take bart than bother with traffic!
Where is every one else who is going coming from?

I'll probably take the BART from Pleasanton as well, coming from Stockton. I'll be there by around 5PM.

I just hope I'll be able to get a parking space at the station.

Agenda
04-27-2006, 04:33 PM
I'll probably take the BART from Pleasanton as well, coming from Stockton. I'll be there by around 5PM.

I myself am coming from the foothills a little town called penn valley I'm 2 and half hours outside oakland

oneredflag
04-27-2006, 05:45 PM

Should be parking. I very close to ptown bart I'll scout it out.
for the 5ish time slot.

dub925
04-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Does anyone know who's opening yet? Im guessing there is an opening band, cause it starts at 7:30 and the rest of the "mini tour" shows start later.

jagshemesh
04-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Does anyone have 1-2 extra tickets? I've been looking all week and can't afford much more than 100 per ticket. I can trade you a shitload of videogames (I know this is weak but I work for a game publisher) in addition. Any help would be amazing.

your_halo
04-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Anyone know where to park? Is there a parking structure around?
TailGate anyone? BBQ, Smoke, Drink? I'll get into Oakland around 4pm.

Got lucky, and we'll be seeing TOOL for the 5th time... can't freakin' wait.... hoot, hoot!

livid star
04-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Is anyone planning to go to this show on some sort of mind-altering substance?

spacement
04-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Is anyone planning to go to this show on some sort of mind-altering substance?

Whoever does will enjoy the detail of the theater very much. Especially the angel on the ceiling that looks like it's flying above the stage and the lobby entrance from the inside is incredible. For those in altered and unaltered states enjoy the show.

vedhead
04-27-2006, 10:28 PM
has anyone smoked in here before? Or know how strict they are? I mean, I gotta light one up for The Pot.

honky
04-28-2006, 09:05 AM
has anyone smoked in here before? Or know how strict they are? I mean, I gotta light one up for The Pot.

Yeah I've smoked in there before. I saw some others doing the same. However, I was buried in the middle of a section. This time I have row AA, exposing me and putting me right out in the open. I don't think I want to get kicked out oif a show like this over smoking.

This place is nice. Flash light toting ushers in suits taking you to your seat type shit.

spacement
04-28-2006, 11:45 AM

Lots of California kind being lit up the minute David Gilmour hit the stage. I haven't smoked in years but still enjoy the smell, although I did leave that night with a major contact high.

livid star
04-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Is it even worth trying to sneak in some weed? Beside the fact that they may catch it going through security, will you be caught, definitely, while smoking??

I mean, I plan to blaze before walking in, thats not the problem. It would just be great to enjoy a blunt while they're playing.

What are your thoughts? Should I even bother with shoving blunts in my underwear?

You know what, the risks are as great as any other indoor show I suppose. I just didn't want to have to bend down and miss the show... wahh wahh wahh.

spacement
04-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Is it even worth trying to sneak in some weed? Beside the fact that they may catch it going through security, will you be caught, definitely, while smoking??

I mean, I plan to blaze before walking in, thats not the problem. It would just be great to enjoy a blunt while they're playing.

What are your thoughts? Should I even bother with shoving blunts in my underwear?

You know what, the risks are as great as any other indoor show I suppose. I just didn't want to have to bend down and miss the show... wahh wahh wahh.

There wasn't even a search at the David Gilmour show for both nights. I walked in with a water bottle in my pocket with no problem. You potheads are way too paranoid ;-) That's half the reason I quit smoking the stuff. As soon as he hit the stage people were blazing right and left. So think what you will.

But seriously the best sounding Gilmour show I've heard from his current tour was recorded at the Paramount. Someone got some serious equipment through the doors to record it. It's a great theater, the people there were very laid back, it's a block from BART. Just remember there is no ATM in the theater and the bar doesn't take credit cards, so bring plenty of beer money. Enjoy the show, I know I will!

chickenweasel
04-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Damn. I'm getting really excited for this show. Leaving shortly for Coachella which will be awesome, for sure, but this show is going to be wonderful.

your_halo
04-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Will parking be expensive- there is a parking lot across the street which is norm $2-

vedhead
04-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Well sonofabitch, i figured that since it was such a nice place, they wouldnt have any smoking inside...I was asked to leave the Sac Memorial Auditorium for puffing...although i talked my way back in. If the ushers look the other way, I'll be rolling up a few phatties, and dont worry, I'll pass em as far as they can go.

NowisMytimE
04-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Anyone in the nosebleeds w/ pot PM me, im going w/ my gf so i need to be REAL intoxicated

livid star
04-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Anyone in the nosebleeds w/ pot PM me, im going w/ my gf so i need to be REAL intoxicated

You should tell her to stay home and sell the ticket to a real Tool fan. I might share my weed if I am high enough (normally I am very greedy and selfish).

Madrid
04-30-2006, 01:29 PM
ok...ok.... anybody spare tickets for just lil ol me?

Agenda
04-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Alright so whose going? Lets figure that out. Just post that your going.
Us tdn kids should hangout.

Wingedson
04-30-2006, 02:08 PM
well, I'll be seeing you there, got my ticket off ebay finally..paid 175 :( but wtf its well worth it. I have a feeling Tool won't be touring a whole lot more after this one is over, just a feeling.

godhenry
04-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Seat intelligence/advice needed.

I've been to the Paramount a couple of times, but every time I was on the balcony. Luckily this time, I will get to be in the orch. Also I'm going with my friends and they've got orch seats too, and they'll let me choose where I want to sit between these two pairs of tickets we have (sorry, really don't mean to rub this into people's faces. it's a complete innocent question). So which one would have a better view: Orch M 10/12 or Orch KK 110/112. Can anyone who's familiar with the venue give me some advice here?

Thanks!

Oakland Paramount Seating Chart (http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/229485/5045/)

livid star
04-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Alright so whose going? Lets figure that out. Just post that your going.
Us tdn kids should hangout.
I am going! I agree 100% about all of us gathering pre/post show!

oneredflag
04-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Seat intelligence/advice needed.

I've been to the Paramount a couple of times, but every time I was on the balcony. Luckily this time, I will get to be in the orch. Also I'm going with my friends and they've got orch seats too, and they'll let me choose where I want to sit between these two pairs of tickets we have (sorry, really don't mean to rub this into people's faces. it's a complete innocent question). So which one would have a better view: Orch M 10/12 or Orch KK 110/112. Can anyone who's familiar with the venue give me some advice here?

Thanks!

Oakland Paramount Seating Chart (http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/229485/5045/)

How is the view from the balcony? That is where Ill be?

oneredflag
04-30-2006, 07:00 PM
I am going! I agree 100% about all of us gathering pre/post show!
Beers @ the paramount?

Agenda
04-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Beers @ the paramount?

being 19 is gay.

spacement
04-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Beers @ the paramount?

$5 a beer and bring cash because they don't take credit cards and there is no ATM in the building.

The view from the lower balcony is probably better than most of the orch seats unless you're right up front.

godhenry
04-30-2006, 11:19 PM
$5 a beer and bring cash because they don't take credit cards and there is no ATM in the building.

The view from the lower balcony is probably better than most of the orch seats unless you're right up front.

but the sound?

I was at the lower balcony last time i was there for Dead Can Dance, I could barely hear anything. But then again, it was DCD after all... ;)

honky
05-01-2006, 08:33 AM
the golden bull (local dive bar) has $1 PBR. only about 2 blocks away, right off broadway. seems like a good meet up spot!

and to everyone worried about seeing from the top, there isn't really a bad seat in the house. this is an old theater that was designed before 200' video screens came around. sure you can see better on the floor, but its not like sitting on the grass at shoreline or anything.

spacement
05-01-2006, 11:18 AM
but the sound?

I was at the lower balcony last time i was there for Dead Can Dance, I could barely hear anything. But then again, it was DCD after all... ;)

I was in the 3rd row of the lower balcony to the side for David Gilmour and the sound was really good. Very loud but really good. Thin I've found with most shows at theaters with a balcony. You are better off sitting in the balcony for the sound as opposed to sitting under the balcony. If you are in front of the balcony in the orch the sound is fine. but once you get too far under the balcony the sound tends to get a bit muted. I know that's the case at the Warfield.

platypusLisa72
05-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Try MR. TICKET we were lucky enough to know folks there (husband's connection) so by some small miracle (AND OVER $1000.00 LATER for both tix) we will be sitting in the 3rd row center on the main floor. TRY MR. TICKET! we also decided not to drive or deal with public transp. and i think/hope confirmed on a stretch to take us there and back home. (maybe somebody can "hitch a ride" back with us (Sunset district) either way please say hello, do a chicken dance, flash your ink, whatever you like to "show your Forum colors". Drinks sound great! How early are most of ou planning to get there???
oh my god! it's 2 days away... can anyone concentrate on work (i cant) oh god, in fact i think i've just peed on myself....see you all there, be safe (of shit it's gonna be great) PS: i'll be the freak uncontrolabley screaming "we've missed you" to THE DUDES!!!! see ya in 2 days! LISA K.S.

Agenda
05-01-2006, 02:31 PM
This is some cool shit. I'm excited as fuck! So am I the only one under 21 going? This will be my 9th TOOL show.

lockdown12
05-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes, I am among the many who will not be seeing this show, unless I can shell out hundreds of dollars for tickets. I will do no such thing, even though I'd much rather see Tool at the Paramount than the Whoreline. If anyone has any tickets they'd like to sell me at a reasonable price, please respond or send me an email.

whine over.

oneredflag
05-01-2006, 04:08 PM
I am planning on getting there 5:30 or so.
I am taking my brother, who is 1 month from 21 so I will most likely just tip a pint or two @ the theater. It is also my bros first concert, what a way to start your concert career.

AMF
05-01-2006, 04:46 PM
This is some cool shit. I'm excited as fuck! So am I the only one under 21 going? This will be my 9th TOOL show.

Nope;) I'm 16, will be my 2nd\m/

Agenda
05-01-2006, 04:46 PM
So we can expect The pot Vicarious and Jambi perhaps Right in two as everthing else on 10k days has heavy digital stuff going on.

livid star
05-01-2006, 09:36 PM
So for those of us who want to meet up, we need to get the plan forming.

WHO? WHEN? WHERE?

Come on people, the clock is ticking.

your_halo
05-01-2006, 09:53 PM
US, that bar.... bull something, before the show/after?

livid star
05-01-2006, 09:56 PM
I think after the show might be better, eh?

We need recommendations of bars in the area. I am clueless in that department.

Cold Fluorescence
05-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Anyone still looking for a ticket? I have one extra for face value.

honky
05-02-2006, 08:44 AM
The Golden Bull is at 412 14th. (on the the corner of Broadway, but facing 14th). Paramount is at about 20th on Broadway... I guess that makes it roughly 6 blocks... Maybe a little too far? What does everyone think?

You can't beat $1 PBR !!

Well you can, but we will go do that right after.

seantanu
05-02-2006, 08:54 AM
I pm'ed you! Hope I'm first...

Th1_rhs13
05-02-2006, 10:37 AM

If my bike sale doesn't go through I'll pm you.

Agenda
05-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I think a post show get together would be best. lets figure this out people. Does anybody know whats near the paramount?

your_halo
05-02-2006, 10:54 AM
on the other end of the block from the Paramount there is Luka's Taproom & Lounge, 2221 broadway- never been there, but found it on Yahoo maps under nightclubs.....

chickenweasel
05-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Are you all going to look at tonight's set list (Seattle show) once the reviews start showing up? I figure it's quite possible that the sets will be similar (not necessarily the same though) so I'm going to hold off on looking until after "our" show on the 4th. I want maximum surprise/excitement.

honky
05-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Lukas does some ads in the newspaper I work for. I will get some info on that spot ASAP.

Oh yes and I just picked up my tix from the post office... I must say a large deal of stress was just lifted off my shoulders. No more getting lost in the mail, or mishaps. I;m in.

platypusLisa72
05-02-2006, 01:45 PM
The Golden Bull is at 412 14th. (on the the corner of Broadway, but facing 14th). Paramount is at about 20th on Broadway... I guess that makes it roughly 6 blocks... Maybe a little too far? What does everyone think?

You can't beat $1 PBR !!

Well you can, but we will go do that right after.

i think that it would be less stressful for a lot of folks to meet up and party after the show. We can all meet up ie:"left side of enterence if facing toward street", know what i mean?
Also, i imagine Paramount employees would know where to party close by (i hope) What time do you think the show will be over?
(an impossible dream: we all start to chant something like 'post--show--drinks--with--us--at-------NameOfThatBaaaar' **sung like the "this ground s not the rock i thought it would be**, AND THEY'D SHOW UP!)
SORRY, I'M JUST DAYDREAMING WHILE AT WORK AGAIN (and listening to the new album)aahhh!
so here some of the close by places:

theatre is at 2025 Broadway
0.09 mi | Rating 8.4 Luka's Taproom & Lounge
0.09 mi | Rating 9.0 Luka's Taproom & Lounge
0.15 mi | Rating 8.4 Ms Ivy's Cocktail Lounge & RES
0.18 mi | Rating 8.4 Cabel's Reef
0.21 mi | Rating 7.1 At Seventeenth
0.21 mi | Rating 8.6 19th Street Station
0.21 mi | Rating 7.0 Cafe Van Kleef
0.24 mi | Rating 9.8 Stork Club
0.26 mi | Rating 9.1 Sweet Jimmie's

honky
05-02-2006, 01:52 PM
i think that it would be less stressful for a lot of folks to meet up and party after the show. We can all meet up ie:"left side of enterence if facing toward street", know what i mean?
Also, i imagine Paramount employees would know where to party close by (i hope) What time do you think the show will be over?
(an impossible dream: we all start to chant something like 'post--show--drinks--with--us--at-------NameOfThatBaaaar' **sung like the "this ground s not the rock i thought it would be**, AND THEY'D SHOW UP!)
SORRY, I'M JUST DAYDREAMING WHILE AT WORK AGAIN (and listening to the new album)aahhh!

Well after it is then. I don't think I'll make it after though.

Any word ona possible opener? The ticket doesnt say anything, but 7:30 just seems so early...

Sergio
05-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Anyone have an extra ticket they are willing to part with? I would LOVE to go on Thursday.

livid star
05-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Ok so I say lets plan to meet at Luka's after the show!

I will need someone to walk there with me though, cause I will be so lost.
How much is it to park at/near the Paramount?