Tool
Hummingbird Centre for the Performing Arts, Toronto, ON
Tue, May 16, 2006 08:00 PM

Tooltb420
04-17-2006, 06:08 PM
any one from buffalo area going, hit me up

thepatient_10k
04-17-2006, 08:35 PM
i better be able to get tickets to this thing...

Capt. Sith Park
04-17-2006, 11:01 PM
3,200 seats - That's all folks!

jdp
04-18-2006, 04:22 AM
Anyone go for that Circle of Friends membership? an additional $60 is pretty steep unless you are splitting the cost with others.

steve99_9
04-18-2006, 04:30 AM
crossing my fingers, hopfully see you guys there

sleaz1
04-18-2006, 05:43 AM
I got the circle jerk of friends, splitting cost with as many tickets as I can get my hands on. Has anyone figured out how it works yet, all i have received is a conformation number, but i think we will need a password when we buy tickets.

Spoon
04-18-2006, 05:44 AM
I just signed up for my COF account, and got a password. But, when I try to sign in on their site, it says it's not valid. It probably takes a little time to kick in, but did anyone have similar experience?

$60 is basically extortion, but I can't miss this show so I'll take any advantage I can get...

edit - sleaz: see if you can sign in here: http://www.hummingbirdcentre.com/cgi-bin/member.cgi

sleaz1
04-18-2006, 05:49 AM
edit - sleaz: see if you can sign in here: http://www.hummingbirdcentre.com/cgi-bin/member.cgi

Nope, but all i had to try and login with was my conformation number, i dont think its my password. Im gonna call them up in a few minutes and see what i can squeeze from the stone.

Spoon
04-18-2006, 05:54 AM
sleaz1 - nice, I'm waiting for an e-mail reply (doing e-mail tag with them right now) - let's both post whatever we find out and good luck getting tix tomorrow brother.

Spoon
04-18-2006, 05:59 AM
Just thought I'd post that ticketmaster states that the first row of seating is AA, which makes me think that the Orchestra Pit will be open for this show.

Capt. Sith Park
04-18-2006, 06:05 AM
In the other thread 'Toronto show' (from the now closed Forum) Calabi-Yau said that the COF staff told him - 'You have a confirmation number that is good for the Wednesday Pre-Sale. You might want to ask about this again, but she told me that the "circle of friends" package takes a week or more, but the number is good for internet pre-sales imidiately.'

This from *see*you*auntie* - 'I spoke to two different people and they both confirmed that the membership is automatic. Your confirmation number is all you need to enter the presale.'

- The personal account confirmation number is activated immediately, it's good for the Wednesday Pre-sale

I can imagine that there are a lot of U.S TOOL (Army) fans just a little miffed about the Canadian date getting a Pre-Sale

Capt. Sith Park
04-18-2006, 06:09 AM
Spoon - It also states that 'most shows don't use rows AA-CC in the Orchestra Pit

probably too close for most bands, you could probably help adam pick his chords, change his EFX

Spoon
04-18-2006, 06:12 AM
Hey Sith,

Ticketmaster tool toronto page says that AA is the first row - to be in the orchestra pit would be ridiculously close! I'm pretty sure I can confirm what you've said based on my e-mails and phone conversations - the number you are given is the password to the presale.

So how about it? Let's tally how many navy members here are accessing the pre-sale.
1. me.

Capt. Sith Park
04-18-2006, 06:44 AM
I find it amusing that the two shows at the Hummingbird that book-end the TOOL show are 'Sesame Street Live! Elmo's Colouring book' and Dora the Explorer Live! The Pirate Adventure (LOL!)

ThePatient666
04-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Must. Get. Tickets. Tool will tear that place down

Spoon
04-18-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm hoping that the limit is more than two, $30 increase per ticket just for presale would be steep, but god dammit i just don't care :)

Nith Sahor
04-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Isn't the limit 8 tickets?

sleaz1
04-18-2006, 07:37 AM
My friend told me the limit is two tickets (he called someone up at hummingbird), and you use the conformation number they give you on ticketmaster

So ya an extra 30 bones for the ticket each, but i think its the only way your gonna get one. Scalpers are gonna eat this up.

Capt. Sith Park
04-18-2006, 07:42 AM
*see*you*auntie (who was a COF member before the rest of us) states that there is an 8 ticket limit

- Don't imagine there's a bad seat in the place, I'm thinkin' the more you purchase together at once (and I'm bettin' you'll only get one chance) the worse they'll be

- I know someone who got their COF membership this morning, they were told by staff (If they have a clue) that it's (alledgedly) an 8 ticket limit for the Wednesday Pre-Sale (he says in covering his ass)

sleaz1
04-18-2006, 07:53 AM
*see*you*auntie (who was a COF member before the rest of us) states that there is an 8 ticket limit

- Don't imagine there's a bad seat in the place, I'm thinkin' the more you purchase together at once (and I'm bettin' you'll only get one chance) the worse they'll be

Well im just going off what my friend told me. He called the marketing director or someone with a similar sounding title and thats what they told him. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Capt. Sith Park
04-18-2006, 07:57 AM
sleaz1 - agreed, The way things work (in this day and age of communication) anything can happen. Fingers are crossed

Spoon
04-18-2006, 07:59 AM
How are you guys feeling about tomorrow morning? Do you think it's going to be a mad rush, 1 shot deal? I mean, they have to save some seats for the public sale, and I also agree that there won't be a bad seat in the place, but I wonder how many people forked over the extra 60 bones to get in tomorrow...

Spoon
04-18-2006, 08:08 AM
my predictions - 2 ticket limit and you can only pick them up at the box office (prevents scalping, to a degree)

Capt. Sith Park
04-18-2006, 08:10 AM
o.k here - 3,200 seats in the venue - that's all folks

3200 tickets, minus the number-(x) is reserved for radio station contests (?), alotment for Saturday's Ticketmaster regular sale (?) Etc. (No idea what (x) would be)

3200 tickets, Let's say all Pre-Salers are lookin' at 8 tickets, divide = 400 people

half 1600, divide = 200

the math is simple (Goodluck!)

sianspheric
04-18-2006, 08:15 AM
I know everyone is probably making these offers to those who have joined Circle of Friends....I'm not going to try for the pre-sale, but if there is an 8 ticket limit, if someone grabs an extra ticket, I'll pay $100 for it (face value + to basically pitch in for the cost of your c.o.f. membership).

Tool fans should band together for this one...in reality, we are the real fans...not the rich kids who barely realize this show is happening and will sit on their ass and pay $400 from a scalper.

Obviously nice seats would be great, but fuck...if I can get a ticket for this from someone who pre-ordered, I'll sit with anyone from tdn, anywhere in Hummingbird for $100. If you can get two extra tickets, even better.

So yeah...if anyone grabs extra tickets during the pre-sale, please please please PM me, otherwise I'm going to try with the rest of the ravenous tool fans during the regular on-sale.

Capt. Sith Park
04-18-2006, 08:18 AM
If you check out the threads for the other US dates in this Forum - They appear to be working as teams in order to get tickets (Ticket Co-Op's in order to have everyone get optimum seating) good plan!

kwijibo
04-18-2006, 08:23 AM
does anyone wanna split the cost for a circle of friends membership?? i really wanna try and get tickets tommorrow.. friday is gonna be crazy..

so if you sign up today can you buy the pre-sale ones tommorrow FOR SURE?? i called them and they didnt call back yet..

kwijibo
04-18-2006, 08:24 AM
I know everyone is probably making these offers to those who have joined Circle of Friends....I'm not going to try for the pre-sale, but if there is an 8 ticket limit, if someone grabs an extra ticket, I'll pay $100 for it (face value + to basically pitch in for the cost of your c.o.f. membership).

Tool fans should band together for this one...in reality, we are the real fans...not the rich kids who barely realize this show is happening and will sit on their ass and pay $400 from a scalper.

Obviously nice seats would be great, but fuck...if I can get a ticket for this from someone who pre-ordered, I'll sit with anyone from tdn, anywhere in Hummingbird for $100. If you can get two extra tickets, even better.

So yeah...if anyone grabs extra tickets during the pre-sale, please please please PM me, otherwise I'm going to try with the rest of the ravenous tool fans during the regular on-sale.

yea thats great!! if anyone gets any extras PLEASE let me know!!

Spoon
04-18-2006, 08:26 AM
I know that some people report that the max will be 8 tickets but i just don't see that happening. I mean, usually for arena shows there's a limit of like 6. Throw in the fact that this will be a small show, and its a presale, im thinking 2, maybe 4 will be available to each circle jerk.

toller
04-18-2006, 08:26 AM
All seating...no standing room? what the hell is with that.
When I saw tool in syracuse they set up chairs in the general admission section. It was absolutely ridiculous. This type of a setup for a rock show totally changes the energy and relation between audience/band. I hate to say it, but I'm not sure this will be the best show to see them at. I think i'll hold out till they come back to TO and get some general admission tickets so i can stand, dance, move about, drink, etc.
does anyone else think this is a strange venue for tool? there's way better places in toronto.

Spoon
04-18-2006, 08:31 AM
toller - you're missing the point. This is not a big tour for Tool, this is a warmup for them, and a treat for their fans who are lucky enough to get tickets.

Personally, I always like smaller venues. I've seen arena rock shows and smaller rock shows and I prefer the latter. Seats or no seats, who cares, I'm not looking forward to moshing to stinkfist - I'm looking forward to an intimate experience, of being up close and personal with the band (regardless of seat). I think this atmosphere will make it a more intimate and spiritual experience, and I think Tool can pull it off no problem.

kwijibo
04-18-2006, 08:42 AM
so are most of you waiting till friday? or trying tomorrow... i dont know what to do.. is it worth it to sign up for the circle of friends?

Maken
04-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Can anyone who signed up for COF in the last day or two actually log-in on that link posted above?

I sure can't... where the hell do I get a password?

Spoon
04-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Maken - you should have gotten some kind of password/code over the phone, that's what you'll need to put in to get the presale access.

toller
04-18-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm not really interested in moshing to stinkfist either, and I know that this is not a big tour. I've been to a seated tool show and it really wasn't the same - or as good - as the other times i have seen them.

toller - you're missing the point. This is not a big tour for Tool, this is a warmup for them, and a treat for their fans who are lucky enough to get tickets.

Personally, I always like smaller venues. I've seen arena rock shows and smaller rock shows and I prefer the latter. Seats or no seats, who cares, I'm not looking forward to moshing to stinkfist - I'm looking forward to an intimate experience, of being up close and personal with the band (regardless of seat). I think this atmosphere will make it a more intimate and spiritual experience, and I think Tool can pull it off no problem.

sianspheric
04-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Honestly...

I'm fucking so excited at the possibility of a seated venue. Hummingbird Centre is used for plays and opera and things....ie, the venue has incredible sound. I've always more wanted to see the band, see the stage, the screens and enjoy the music rather than do some homoerotic grinding into topless douchebags sceaming "sooober". This show is a dream come true for the people that love their live show being just about the music and the art and perfect sound rather than the....moshing and big cavernous hockey arenas.

My point about circle of friends is that, best case scenerio for you guys...if your passes work, and there is anything more than a 2 ticket limit, and you have room on your credit cards.....get the extra tickets. I'm positive there will be more than enough really ridiculously appreciate and happy people, many on this board, that will be glad to get the extra tickets off you. So good luck Cirlce-Of-Frienders, if anybody gets something extra, please PM me, I'll definitely grab a ticket or two, and extra cash for part of the membership, I'm not some fairweather fan or a scalper, I'm another hardcore fan like you (one that cannot use his girlfriends credit card too much to buy the c.o.f. thing too)

Eighteenth Eye
04-18-2006, 09:55 AM
My friend told me the limit is two tickets (he called someone up at hummingbird), and you use the conformation number they give you on ticketmaster

So ya an extra 30 bones for the ticket each, but i think its the only way your gonna get one. Scalpers are gonna eat this up.

That is correct....I did not get the circle of friends membership because I need 6 tickets for me and my friends. They will only let you buy 2 tickets. We would have to get 3 circle of friends memberships which would cost $180 before we even buy the tickets. And then when we do buy them on Wednesday there would be three sets of 2 tickets in different rows/sections. It just won't work.

I heard that there might be a 2 ticket limit for friday's public sale too. If anyone has any more information about this situation please post. Thanks.

Spoon
04-18-2006, 10:06 AM
You can be sure people (including myself) will be posting at 10:05am tomorrow after they have gotten/failed to get tickets.

Hodge
04-18-2006, 10:10 AM
30 bucks is a pretty good sacrifice for a chance to see TOOL in a 3200 seat venue

i'm sure u guys spend more than that on night out at the bar

kwijibo
04-18-2006, 10:10 AM
That is correct....I did not get the circle of friends membership because I need 6 tickets for me and my friends. They will only let you buy 2 tickets. We would have to get 3 circle of friends memberships which would cost $180 before we even buy the tickets. And then when we do buy them on Wednesday there would be three sets of 2 tickets in different rows/sections. It just won't work.

I heard that there might be a 2 ticket limit for friday's public sale too. If anyone has any more information about this situation please post. Thanks.

only 2? really? that sucks then!! i guess i'll just wait till friday and try! i REALLY hope i can get some....

Maken
04-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Maken - you should have gotten some kind of password/code over the phone, that's what you'll need to put in to get the presale access.

I got a member number, it's 7 digits and a hyphen. Is that what you're talking about?

Spoon
04-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Maken - that's what I have, too. That is the presale access key (your account number)

Sobot - as discussed in lots of threads, and to the general pissed-offedness of TA members, there are no pre-sales for these shows for TA members.

imbackagain2
04-18-2006, 10:39 AM
I think you can only get pre sale through circle of friends because it's the humming bird centre thats doing this. I saw marilyn manson here to and that was great. Im interested in teaming up for the circle of friends if the presale isn't limited to two tickets. I can be reached at [email protected] if anyone has tickets from presale I will gladly take two of them off your hands. Im still undecided if Im going to register for circle of friends. I hope I can get tickets.

Spoon
04-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Remember, it's not like they'll sell out the place during presale. They have to reserve [lots] of tickets for the public sale. It's just the paranoid/crazies who want the presale (myself included)

Maken
04-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I saw marilyn manson here to and that was great.

I was at that show too, amazing acoustics. We actually made a small standing area at the very front, maybe 6 or 7 people deep, it was wicked.

kwijibo
04-18-2006, 10:50 AM
yea i would really love to get tickets tommorrow.. but if it's limited to 2 tickets, then that sucks..

so does anyone know if the limit is 2 on friday also?

imbackagain2
04-18-2006, 10:51 AM
o.k here - 3,200 seats in the venue - that's all folks

3200 tickets, minus the number-(x) is reserved for radio station contests (?), alotment for Saturday's Ticketmaster regular sale (?) Etc. (No idea what (x) would be)

3200 tickets, Let's say all Pre-Salers are lookin' at 8 tickets, divide = 400 people

half 1600, divide = 200

the math is simple (Goodluck!)

I don't understand what your saying here could you explain it for me

I emailed humming bird centre re: ticket limit ill let you know as soon as I found out

Eighteenth Eye
04-18-2006, 10:53 AM
I think you can only get pre sale through circle of friends because it's the humming bird centre thats doing this. I saw marilyn manson here to and that was great. Im interested in teaming up for the circle of friends if the presale isn't limited to two tickets. I can be reached at [email protected] if anyone has tickets from presale I will gladly take two of them off your hands. Im still undecided if Im going to register for circle of friends. I hope I can get tickets.

The presale IS limited to two tickets, I recieved this information directly from the circle of friends co-ordinator Jennifer @ the Hummingbird Centre. She said that all tickets will be available for the presale and the 2 ticket limit should ensure that it does not sell out. I cannot see 1600 circle of friends members by tomorrow to buy them all. I hope I can get some on Friday, and if I can't i hope there are nice tool fans out there to sell me a couple @ face value.....please, lol.

imbackagain2
04-18-2006, 10:55 AM
So is the limit 2 tickets on friday? I hope I can get some to. What do you think is the best way internet or phone?

How many circle of friends are tool fans anyways? They normally have plays like the nutcracker and shit at this venue

Nith Sahor
04-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Like sianspheric said, buy more tickets (if you can) and sell the extra ones here because there are lots of very interested Tool fans here who would buy them off you (and who would be eternally grateful to you for helping them out).

If any of you guys get two extra tickets, GIVE ME A PM - I'd be more than happy to buy them off you (face value + part of the COF membership).

Eighteenth Eye
04-18-2006, 11:00 AM
So is the limit 2 tickets on friday? I hope I can get some to. What do you think is the best way internet or phone?

How many circle of friends are tool fans anyways? They normally have plays like the nutcracker and shit at this venue

The only circle of friends members buying tickets tomorrow are hardcore fans (like myself but I cannot buy them tomorrow because I need 6 tickets together) and scalpers who will be selling their tickets in the front row for $200+ each.

The limit for Friday has not been confirmed yet, the Hummingbird Centre people think that it 'might' be 2 again. No one knows for sure yet, if anyone hears more about this then let me know, thanks! I think i am going to try and call ticketmaster.

imbackagain2
04-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Good idea calling ticketmaster. We need to know

I will be willing to buy 2 preorder tickets if anyone has them tommorow. If not im chancing it friday

kwijibo
04-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Like sianspheric said, buy more tickets (if you can) and sell the extra ones here because there are lots of very interested Tool fans here who would buy them off you (and who would be eternally grateful to you for helping them out).

If any of you guys get two extra tickets, GIVE ME A PM - I'd be more than happy to buy them off you (face value + part of the COF membership).

yea i agree.. i'm trying on friday, so anyone that has any extras PLEASE PM ME!!

thanks!!

Eighteenth Eye
04-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Good idea calling ticketmaster. We need to know

I will be willing to buy 2 preorder tickets if anyone has them tommorow. If not im chancing it friday

Just talked to ticketmaster, friday's public sale has a ticket limit of 2 tickets as well. So much for me getting 6 tickets together. That helps my chances of getting some on friday though!

Please pm me too if anyone has tickets!!

kwijibo
04-18-2006, 11:10 AM
ok cool! thanks for letting us know! i just really hope i can get some then!

Eighteenth Eye
04-18-2006, 11:16 AM
ok cool! thanks for letting us know! i just really hope i can get some then!

We just need to get into the building.....every seat will be amazing...i saw tool @ the ACC 5 years ago and i was at the back of the stadium and it felt like i was in the front row....this venue will be so intimate that it won't matter where we sit. I have been right up front in a mosh pit for 2 other tool shows and the best way to experience tool is to sit back and soak it all in not to get right up front and freak out. Please just let me in the building!

Eighteenth Eye
04-18-2006, 11:17 AM

If anyone tries to buy more than 2 tickets with their circle of friends any duplicate orders will be cancelled according to Jennifer @ the hummingbird centre. Jennifer is REALLY nice and sounds super hot btw!

kwijibo
04-18-2006, 11:27 AM
We just need to get into the building.....every seat will be amazing...i saw tool @ the ACC 5 years ago and i was at the back of the stadium and it felt like i was in the front row....this venue will be so intimate that it won't matter where we sit. I have been right up front in a mosh pit for 2 other tool shows and the best way to experience tool is to sit back and soak it all in not to get right up front and freak out. Please just let me in the building!

yea i dont really care where the seats are because the place isnt that big. I'm just worried about getting tickets..

Hodge
04-18-2006, 11:52 AM
2 ticket limit is wicked

Spoon
04-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Exactly Hodge - it prevents people from getting 2 tickets for themselves and 6 more to hack on Ebay later.

edit - it also screws people like the dude above who needs 6 tickets, but you can always get 3x2. further extortion for presale though, since you'd need $180 for 3 presale accounts.

Pickles The Clown
04-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Fuck, I just tried calling to get an account, but alas. No answer.

sianspheric
04-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Good luck everyone.

All we can hope is that all the people that try tomorrow, and everyone that tries on Friday....can somehow get tickets.

troutmask
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Just signed up for Circle of Friends, heedless of the 2 ticket limit. As much as I dislike the fact that I'll be seated away from my friends, I'm happy that they're doing what they can to discourage people from exploiting the tickets.

Pickles The Clown
04-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Just signed up for Circle of Friends, heedless of the 2 ticket limit. As much as I dislike the fact that I'll be seated away from my friends, I'm happy that they're doing what they can to discourage people from exploiting the tickets.

did you jsut call?

*see*you*auntie*
04-18-2006, 12:38 PM
This is some insane shit happening. I also spoke to someone at COF today. She said the whole marketing department is helping to answer the phones. They've been inundated by us crazy Tool fans. The 2 ticket limit was changed by the show's producers - her words. In other words, Tool is enforcing this limit, not the venue. It was originally 8 tickets, as per COF membership policy.

To everyone I was going to get tickets for - sorry guys, it looks like it's out of my hands now.

kwijibo
04-18-2006, 12:40 PM
thats good its a 2 ticket limit.. hopefully we can all get tickets and not those freakin scalpers!!

Pickles The Clown
04-18-2006, 12:44 PM
This is some insane shit happening. I also spoke to someone at COF today. She said the whole marketing department is helping to answer the phones. They've been inundated by us crazy Tool fans. The 2 ticket limit was changed by the show's producers - her words. In other words, Tool is enforcing this limit, not the venue. It was originally 8 tickets, as per COF membership policy.

To everyone I was going to get tickets for - sorry guys, it looks like it's out of my hands now.

Thanks anyways ! I'm still gratefull that you were willing to try !

*see*you*auntie*
04-18-2006, 12:47 PM
thats good its a 2 ticket limit.. hopefully we can all get tickets and not those freakin scalpers!!

There are always going to be scalpers, unfortunately. There is no way around that. There is nothing to stop any non-Tool fan COF member from buying their two tickets and selling them for an exorbitant sum. In fact, for $60/yr. a scalper would do well to buy a membership in order to have access to presales. If one scalper is doing it you can bet your ass there is gonna be a flood of them online tomorrow morning.

sianspheric
04-18-2006, 12:49 PM
dont you just want to murder scalpers.

because in reality....im sure 3200 tickets could feed the us completely crazy excited fans, the ones who have been waiting for this show for ages and will sit by a pc or on the phone like mad to get tickets. 3200 could be enough for us.

but its certainly not enough for the fairweather Tool fans, the ones not paying attention, the fratboys who will go a show to hear sober and stinkfist and mosh, and the rich kids who wont pay attention and then use mommy and daddy's visa to get tickets from scalpers off ebay for $400. fuck those people up their ass. I know its a tired arguement. but fuck scalpers up their ass over and over and over. If I get tickets, I get tickets....I'll try and if I dont and can find them for a remotely reasonable price, I'll buy them.

If not......fuck it, Mogwai is an amazing band playing at the Phoenix that night, and I'm sure we will see Tool in the Toronto area another couple of times during the touring for this album.

troutmask
04-18-2006, 01:14 PM
did you jsut call?

Right before I posted, yes. I dialed the Circle of Friends number and selected the Ticketmaster option.

kwijibo
04-18-2006, 01:33 PM
There are always going to be scalpers, unfortunately. There is no way around that. There is nothing to stop any non-Tool fan COF member from buying their two tickets and selling them for an exorbitant sum. In fact, for $60/yr. a scalper would do well to buy a membership in order to have access to presales. If one scalper is doing it you can bet your ass there is gonna be a flood of them online tomorrow morning.

i know they'll get them anyway... i just hope most of the fans can get them too before they're all taken by them! i fuckin HATE scalpers!!!!!!

Spoon
04-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Well you can at least think that presale access will put you slightly ahead of the game. Like I said before, I'm a hardcore fan, I'll be driving 5 hours to get to Toronto, I'm not missing this show, and I'll pay for a slight advantage if I can.

thepatient_10k
04-18-2006, 02:19 PM
dont buy tickets..please :)

Hodge
04-18-2006, 04:08 PM
anyone who is buying tickets tomororw
wait until 10:05 to call

Spoon
04-18-2006, 04:10 PM
there's a typo on ticketmaster, the presale starts thursday.

Hodge
04-18-2006, 04:17 PM
damnit

*see*you*auntie*
04-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Well you can at least think that presale access will put you slightly ahead of the game. Like I said before, I'm a hardcore fan, I'll be driving 5 hours to get to Toronto, I'm not missing this show, and I'll pay for a slight advantage if I can.

I totally agree. $60 extra is nothing for the opportunity to see Tool in such an intimate environment. This doesn't even come close to the absolutely crazy lengths I've gone to see Tool. I flew to LA with my sister and a friend to see Tool at Coachella in '99.
Is anyone else as excited as I am that there will be NO opportunity to mosh at this venue?

Hodge
04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
yea
there's a lot of idiot tool fans

*jams to disposition* wooooo im rocking out here

theremin_scape
04-18-2006, 05:44 PM
if anyone would be willing to hook me up with tickets, i will love you for life. i live in hamilton, have a car and will be willing to pick people up (i'd be willing to drive a fair distance to pick people up too). if i end up with spare tickets, i'll definitely post again on this thread and give other people the opportunity

Eighteenth Eye
04-19-2006, 04:28 AM
if I end up with extra tickets, you guys will be the first to know!

Thanks Shade....I will be waiting 'patient' ly !!

gerbil
04-19-2006, 05:24 AM
I think I'm going to puke if I don't get a ticket.

edit: pm to americans, gtfo of canada, we don't want you taking our tickets. kthxbi.

Really? That much hate for Americans?

thepatient_10k
04-19-2006, 05:30 AM
dont take our tickets!!!!!!!

troutmask
04-19-2006, 05:35 AM
Really? That much hate for Americans?

Not from me at least. I'd rather see hardcore Tool fans who drove 8 hours to get there at the show than local fairweather fans. That having been said Toronto is full of crazed Tool fans, so good luck with tickets if you're trying. Enjoy Canada if you're headed to the show!

thepatient_10k
04-19-2006, 05:38 AM
ill only hate americans if they steal my tickets...:)

Hodge
04-19-2006, 05:47 AM
ugh my legs are shaking and stomach is weak i really hope i get tickets

troutmask
04-19-2006, 05:50 AM
Best of luck to the rest of the crazy presale people.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 05:53 AM
godspeed you magnificient bastards

troutmask
04-19-2006, 06:03 AM
Second Row...this is much better than class

Hodge
04-19-2006, 06:03 AM
oh my god i am crying here that was so easy
and i am going to see tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdp
04-19-2006, 06:07 AM
mother fucking COF people said my code would work online.. it didnt and I had to call and got Row S.. thats bullshit

Spoon
Holy shit these are selling fast....

Did anyone get any of the double letter rows in the orchestra?

Hodge
i got Row D in the ORCH not a double letter but still fucking good what a relief lol

Maken
04-19-2006, 06:08 AM
Row F... damn they went quick.

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 06:09 AM
are they all gone now?

thepatient_10k
04-19-2006, 06:10 AM
ill see you guys in row C, orchestra 8, left side...:D

troutmask
04-19-2006, 06:11 AM
Row BB in Orchestra 3, that's on the left where it's front row.

Hodge
04-19-2006, 06:11 AM
my friend is still trying i hope some are left

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 06:12 AM
Holy shit these are selling fast....

Did anyone get any of the double letter rows in the orchestra?

Me. KK. Last row orchestra. NOT complaining. I'll be able to pick Adam's nose.

Hodge
04-19-2006, 06:14 AM
so 90 bucks a ticket, i'd say the C.o.f membership was well worth it

thepatient_10k
04-19-2006, 06:16 AM
totally..are these tickets gone now? i feel sorry for anyone who didnt get them. Ill be seein some of you guys there for sure, who wants to burn a session before the show :D

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 06:16 AM
man u guys are soo damn lucky u got tickets!! anyone have any extras yet? ;) :P

i just hope i can get some friday!!!

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 06:17 AM
Row BB in Orchestra 3, that's on the right where it's front row.

That's fucking amazing!

Spoon
04-19-2006, 06:17 AM
I'm still poking around, there's more available....

The magical question - did anyone try buying more than 2 yet.....?

thepatient_10k
04-19-2006, 06:18 AM
its unlikely there will be extras, we paid 60 bucks for a presale and we can only buy 2 tickets.

thepatient_10k
04-19-2006, 06:18 AM
I'm still poking around, there's more available....

The magical question - did anyone try buying more than 2 yet.....?

cant do it

of course i tried

Spoon
04-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Then how did I just order 4?

Hodge
04-19-2006, 06:20 AM
my friend just pulled up row R around 10:16 AM

ps: for anyone lurking this thread, if u call ticketmaster, u can buy the membership and get tickets at the same time i think today is your best chance so give this a try

thepatient_10k
04-19-2006, 06:21 AM

magic lol

bastard

that doesnt make any sense

Hodge
04-19-2006, 06:21 AM

There is a limit of 2 tickets per customer. Orders exceeding this number will be cancelled without notification.

troutmask
04-19-2006, 06:22 AM
That's fucking amazing!

Thanks, I'm still in shock.

I bow to your internetting skills.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 06:22 AM
You can only choose 2 from the drop down, but did anyone else think of placing 2 separate orders?

Hodge
04-19-2006, 06:23 AM
i don't think that was a good idea bro
you'll be lucky if u get these

unless u used a different credit card for both orders

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 06:23 AM
wont they see u ordered more than 2 from the same account and cancel it then?

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 06:25 AM
You can only choose 2 from the drop down, but did anyone else think of placing 2 separate orders?

With the same COF number? Did you get email confirmation for both orders?

Spoon
04-19-2006, 06:28 AM
yes, and they're both on my account page on TM

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 06:30 AM
wow you're lucky then!

Spoon
04-19-2006, 06:31 AM
I had to wing it for a couple reasons. I have friends who want tickets, and originally I got row A tickets, but on the side. I then retried and got FRONT ROW CENTRE on the Mezzanine, which I think will be an amazing seat (see everything, best sound, etc.) so I went for them.

I was prepared to lose the first two, but it looks like I got all 4 anyways...

jdp
04-19-2006, 06:34 AM
"my friend just pulled up row R around 10:16 AM"

Dude, I got ROW S at 10:05 .. and your friend got better than me, 11 minutes later?

This is a conspiracy...

Spoon
04-19-2006, 06:36 AM
yeah, they release them in blocks...

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Anyone who has been to the Hummingbird knows that there really isn't a bad seat in the house; especially for a rock concert. I had front row mezzanine for another show and it was brilliant.

I cannot stop looking at my order online. It's almost like I'm afraid it's going to disappear if I don't keep my eyes on it. LOL I'm freaking out here, people!
Tool - May 16, 2006 at the Hummingbird Centre. I will be there. Still can't believe it.

Hodge
04-19-2006, 06:40 AM
me too
i was going to see manson one year there but i decided to go to radiohead instead

and it's less than a month away, wow

Spoon
04-19-2006, 06:56 AM
What do you guys think?
http://www.tickco.com/sc/1-760/

Should I stick with Row A on the right side, or hit up row AA on the mezzanine right/centre?

jdp
04-19-2006, 06:58 AM
row A all the way

Fathom
04-19-2006, 07:00 AM

Dude if you bought 2 sets of 2 with the same menbership # then your likely to loose all of them.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 07:02 AM
Why do you say that? Do you have any actual reason to think that or are you blowing smoke out of your butt? I understand how you might think that, but TM should have blocked it right away. And if that is the case, I doubt they would cancel both orders, probably just the first or most recent one - in any case, I'm happy with either tickets.

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 07:03 AM
What do you guys think?
http://www.tickco.com/sc/1-760/

Should I stick with Row A on the right side, or hit up row AA on the mezzanine right/centre?

It all depends on how close you want to be. The AA mezzanine is basically a front row seat just elevated. You'll have a completely unobstructed view. Having said that, I want to be close enough to smell the guys' sweat. But that's just me.

On a side note....I caved and downloaded it. Oh my sweet Lord! Thank you all the powers that be for Tool. I truly thought they couldn't get better after Lateralus. I was wrong, so so wrong.

Eighteenth Eye
04-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Dude if you bought 2 sets of 2 with the same menbership # then your likely to loose all of them.

I hope that doesn't happen, it says that the orders MAY be cancelled WITHOUT NOTICE. The problem is that I can't p/u my tickets from ticketmaster until Friday @ NOON when they open and my orders may have been cancelled, but public tickets go on sale on Friday @10am. I know that they are trying to stop scalpers but for genuine fans that have more than one frined this sucks, lol.

Fathom
04-19-2006, 07:05 AM
row A all the way

I agree go with A.

I got 2 in K (left centre 29/30) and a friend who I called to give him the bad news about the 2 limit, got on the phone bought a membership and instantly grabbed seats - Row X....

Do you think they will even hold some blocks for Friday public sale? I'd think they'd have to hold some, but this presale runs until Thurs at midnight...

Fathom
04-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Why do you say that? Do you have any actual reason to think that or are you blowing smoke out of your butt? I understand how you might think that, but TM should have blocked it right away. And if that is the case, I doubt they would cancel both orders, probably just the first or most recent one - in any case, I'm happy with either tickets.

Cause I read it on the Ticketmaster order page...sorry man not trying to be negative....I wanted to do the same, but after reading that I just didn't want to chance it.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 07:07 AM
18th eye - you get more than two also? I don't see it being a problem, I would think the stop would have happened at the TM level, like a window would say *account number already used* or something, you know?

fathom - ya i didn't intend to sound nasty or anything, these are happy times :) but i really think that if they do cancel multiple orders that they'll keep the most recent one at least, you know? If not, I hope they like pipebombs... ;)

jdp
04-19-2006, 07:08 AM
They are probably only are selling a small portion of the tickets today.

I bet if someone calls Friday morning, they might get better seats than us, just because of how they are selling only certain blocks.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 07:10 AM
ahhh okay:

There is a limit of 2 tickets per customer. Orders exceeding this number will be cancelled without notification.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, email address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

now im kind of shitting myself...thinking maybe i should call and cancel one...but which one!?!??

Fathom
04-19-2006, 07:11 AM
I hope they like pipebombs... ;)

Hopefully that won't be necessary. Let us know if it works out for you so we all know for another time.

Oh and the pipebomb thing...I can help you with that if need be...I'm a licensed FX Pyrotechnician.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 07:13 AM
You know what, I'm not goign to risk it, I'm going to call and cancel one, but Ireally don't know which one to cancel

edit - on the phone now to cancel, no way im missing this show over being greedy for tickets. friends can get tix themselves

Fathom
04-19-2006, 07:15 AM
ahhh okay:

now im kind of shitting myself...thinking maybe i should call and cancel one...but which one!?!??

Didn't mean to get you worried at all man. I'll pray for you...even though you got 2 more tickets than me.

I was a little ticked about the 2 limit, cause when I bought the membership she said the limit would still be 8. Perhaps they sold so many memberships over the past few days that they had to limit it just so everyone with a membership would still get a seat!

Oh I noted on my confirmation sheet that I get a charitable tax receipt for the membership...at least I can write it off on next year taxes.

bullet proof
04-19-2006, 07:20 AM
I was a little ticked about the 2 limit, cause when I bought the membership she said the limit would still be 8. Perhaps they sold so many memberships over the past few days that they had to limit it just so everyone with a membership would still get a seat!

The 2 ticket limit comes from the band, and will probably be in effect at every show.

When I talked to Jennifer on the phone yesterday, she said there are only 400 COF members. They couldn't even buy out 1/4 of the venue if they were all trying to buy Tool tickets, and obviously 95% of the members wouldn't be buying Tool tickets.

Spoon
nahh fathom you might have just done me a big favor. i was so excited about ordering i missed that text on the main page.

i wasn't going to be worrying all day about this, and tomorrow, and then have both orders cancelled! I've cancelled one order and am now sitting happy :)

Hodge
dunno man...maybe they'll let it go because $$ is $$
but you should atleast notify your friends or whoever is getting the 2nd set

Spoon
04-19-2006, 07:23 AM
hodge - i told my friends that if i had extra tickets i'd let them know. i wasn't going to risk losing my tickets (and theirs) by trying to sneak two more out of the COF membership.

I would have been shitting myself for two days waiting for a cencellation email, this way, I have my seats, I'm going to the show, and that's all I wanted in the first place. My friends can try their luck on Friday, and I don't have to worry about not seeing TOOL in a 3200-seat theatre :)

Congrats to all who got tickets!

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 07:23 AM
so does anyone know if there's any tickets left in the pre-sale??

troutmask
04-19-2006, 07:26 AM
Hopefully there are plenty of tickets left for Friday. Having stuck to the the 2-ticket minimum, I've still got 4 friends left hoping to come to the show. It would suck if they didn't get to go just because they didn't join COF.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm still poking around ticketmaster. orchestra seems to be backed up to row Y, mezzanine to DD, and there are front-row-centre balcony tix available.

I'm sure that not all tickets are released yet, they must keep some aside (some in rows A-G, for example) for the public sale

bullet proof
04-19-2006, 07:28 AM
so does anyone know if there's any tickets left in the pre-sale??

I just pulled up some Row Y seats online, and I'm pretty sure there are mezzanine seats available too. You can order a COF membership plus tickets at the same time by phone.

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 07:36 AM
I just pulled up some Row Y seats online, and I'm pretty sure there are mezzanine seats available too. You can order a COF membership plus tickets at the same time by phone.

ok cool..i might do that then

Capt. Sith Park
04-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Two of us going w/ separate COF memberships Etc. got Row V and Row Y

Just glad to be in the building!

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 07:40 AM

Are there any other Americans who bought a COF to see this show? I'm impressed by your hardcorish love for Tool, bullet proof.

troutmask
04-19-2006, 07:43 AM
You can order a COF membership plus tickets at the same time by phone.

Thanks for the info. Friends are trying this now.

Edit: Worked, tickets are YY, if you're thinking of trying this do it now!

Fathom
04-19-2006, 07:49 AM
If you order tickets by phone, do they mail them? or do you have to pick them up before the show?

Your choice

Capt. Sith Park
04-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Different options:
- There's an extra cost if they are mailed
- There's a 2 day wait, then you can pick them up from a Ticketmaster location
- Would imgine they have a will call (Just ask)

Fathom
04-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Has anyone got COF and tickets over the phone? it works? FOCK!!!!111

Yes - you can do it all in one call.

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 07:52 AM
so its just the y ones that are left now? what about on the balony?

bullet proof
04-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Are there any other Americans who bought a COF to see this show? I'm impressed by your hardcorish love for Tool, bullet proof.

I'm actually in Mississauga. ;)

But that would be pretty hardcore. Oh since I didn't mention it earlier, I'll be in the orchestra pit, centre section - Row CC.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 07:55 AM
That's what's so cool about this venue - there really isn't a bad seat in there, gonna be amazing!

troutmask
04-19-2006, 07:59 AM
This is killing me, I must be calling the wrong thing, they want me to leave a message!

Select the ticketmaster option and do it through there.

bullet proof
This is killing me, I must be calling the wrong thing, they want me to leave a message!

You're calling The Hummingbird. You want to call Ticketmaster directly. Look here for local numbers:
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/h/provinces/on.html

Capt. Sith Park
- Bloody scalpers already w/ tickets on E-Bay, first 15 rows, looks like $250-300 US

Obviously not trying to discourage or rain down on anybodies parade but I am hoping that the masses (3,200) will remain half-ways chilled and try to remain seated for the show so that everyone can enjoy the venue/atmosphere

It shall be interesting to see TOOL in this type of format

Spoon
04-19-2006, 08:01 AM
I'm in a front row so I can sit if I want, but I really won't care if everyone stands. I saw them at the Corel Centre and everyone (floor, 100's, 200's, and 300's) was on their feet the entire show.

tickets on ebay? where?

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 08:05 AM
on ebay already?? fuckin hell!!!

Spoon
04-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Impossible to know....find out friday morning...

Eighteenth Eye
04-19-2006, 08:09 AM
- Bloody scalpers already w/ tickets on E-Bay, first 15 rows, looks like $250-300 US

Obviously not trying to discourage or rain down on anybodies parade but I am hoping that the masses (3,200) will remain half-ways chilled and try to remain seated for the show so that everyone can enjoy the venue/atmosphere

It shall be interesting to see TOOL in this type of format

I just searched on ebay, i can't see any for the Toronto show.

Hodge
04-19-2006, 08:09 AM
why would anyone worry about seats
look how small this place is

Capt. Sith Park
04-19-2006, 08:12 AM
I am in no way (obviously) sayin' that their music doesn't motivate one in to a craze

but for this venue IMO it would be cool not to have to stand because people in front of you are standing (when their are seats anyways)

Spoon
04-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Sith - I understand what you're saying and agree with your logic. But you must think ahead (have you seen tool before?)

It might become incredibly difficult to sit, calm and still, when the lights go off, all you hear is massive feedback and then the pounding of intro to Stinkfist rips through your chest as the stage lights come up...

holy fuck I can't wait for this shit!!!

Spoon
04-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Shade, it will be enough to be there. Just think, you're Row YY but you're not that far away from the band, so close, and the show is going to kick ass.

I would pay for standing room at the back of the venue to be at this show, it's going to be epic.

Capt. Sith Park
04-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Spoon(man) If I may, I've seen TOOL 2x's, Believe me I know

I don't know if I'll be able to contain myself during 46 & 2, but I know I'll enjoy it more being able to just sit, relax and enjoy (w/ the rest of the maniacs)

Moments such as the first few minutes, the end/encore (sure)

I'm sure that's why they are playin' at such a venue

Spoon
04-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Hey Sith,

I didn't mean it to sound like "oh this guy's never seen tool" type thing, was just asking a serious question. I agree with you, i just want to relax, and take it in. It's going to be great, I'm sure the band expects people to enjoy the show and not go nuts, otherwise they wouldn't play small theatres and hopefully everyone understands this.

I'm sure that people will be chilled, whether everyone stands or not I don't know, but people will be going ape-shit in one form or another :)

Capt. Sith Park
04-19-2006, 08:33 AM
We're in the building (sigh) All iz good!!!!!!
C U There
L8r

jdp
04-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Fuck, does the public sale have better seats reserved?

I would bet on it. I'm going to try and get better seats during the public sale.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 08:51 AM
hmmm....pre-sale option is gone now?

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
yea i saw that too.. is it over then?

Spoon
04-19-2006, 08:55 AM
shit, it was supposed to last until tomorrow night, i guess they got piliged good!

Hodge
04-19-2006, 08:58 AM
i want H. bad

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Presale tickets are sold out! Called Ticketmaster and they're all gone. Wow! I hope everyone who bought a COF membership got their tickets.

jdp
04-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Now I wonder how many tickets they kept for public sale.

Rosengoo
04-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Now I wonder how many tickets they kept for public sale.

46 and 2.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 09:29 AM
more than half.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 09:53 AM
$1,500 LOL! -- http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TOOL-Tickets-Toronto-Hummingbird-Centre-3rd-ROW-ORCH_W0QQitemZ6623319445QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jdp
04-19-2006, 10:00 AM
$1,500 LOL! -- http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TOOL-Tickets-Toronto-Hummingbird-Centre-3rd-ROW-ORCH_W0QQitemZ6623319445QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bastards.

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 10:05 AM

fuckin guy!!

Eighteenth Eye
04-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Nobody is going to buy that.

Some people are just fucking shitty.

There goes two tickets that no one will ever use!
And they wont let me buy more than two when we are going to use all the tickets for real tool fans! They should have a presale with a random qualifying tool quiz to ensure that real fans are getting the tickets! I hate f'n scalpers, they are ruining every show that I want to attend! They should not be allowed to mess with Tool!

Spoon
04-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Ya, or you'd think Tool would have some kind of fan club or something that they'd offer the presale to....

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 10:44 AM
yea no kidding!! those fuckin scalpers..... death to them all!! it really sucks when they get them instead of the fans that actually wanna go!!!! ffffff

Spoon
04-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Hell no.

bullet proof
04-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Who needs ToolArmy when you've got a Circle of Friends. :D

Do you think we have to hold hands during the show?

Eighteenth Eye
04-19-2006, 11:09 AM
ohhh snap.

I'm kind of glad I never signed up for TA, did you?

nope, all that money for a sticker, patch and a certificate....and maybe the off chance that I might if i am lucky get a presale.

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Who needs ToolArmy when you've got a Circle of Friends. :D

Do you think we have to hold hands during the show?

Hold hands and sing Kumbayah.

Eighteenth Eye
04-19-2006, 12:07 PM
I hope some other good shows come around, this circle of friends membership might come in handy.

Hmm...maybe elmo will come!! lol

Maken
04-19-2006, 12:46 PM
I don't know if anyone went to the APC show at Ricoh colliseum, but everyone was hella friendly.

I was there, amazing show. I had a great time. Gravity was particularily good that night.

troutmask
04-19-2006, 01:04 PM
That listing for the $1500 tickets has ended. Hopefully someone didn't actually pay that much for them.

Spoon
04-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Nah I saw it, the guy took it down for whatever reason. There is this one though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tool-Tickets-Pair-Toronto-Hummingbird-Centre-May-16_W0QQitemZ6623351860QQcategoryZ16122QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nith Sahor
04-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Sith - I understand what you're saying and agree with your logic. But you must think ahead (have you seen tool before?)

It might become incredibly difficult to sit, calm and still, when the lights go off, all you hear is massive feedback and then the pounding of intro to Stinkfist rips through your chest as the stage lights come up...

holy fuck I can't wait for this shit!!!

I keep thinking about that description, gives me goosebumps all over :p... I really hope my brother is lucky on Friday (I have an exam at 9:30, so I won't be buying the tickets)...

thepatient_10k
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
did i mention i have tickets..haha yea i know i did

but seriously, good luck to people who are still trying.

mystictigress
04-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Man I was stressed about getting tickets on Friday then I came and read this and now I'm even more paranoid. I guess we still don't know if there's a 2 ticket limit on the general sale Friday?

kwijibo
04-19-2006, 07:18 PM
is anyone from Toronto planning to go to the Detroit show? we can split gas money if you are driving.. me and my friend are hoping to go..

PM me please if you are! thanks!!

thepatient_10k
04-19-2006, 07:53 PM
as long as your on ticketmaster at 10, you should be fine.

edit: maybe not though

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Man I was stressed about getting tickets on Friday then I came and read this and now I'm even more paranoid. I guess we still don't know if there's a 2 ticket limit on the general sale Friday?

Yes there will be a 2 ticket limit on Friday. Agents at both Ticketmaster and Hummingbird have confirmed this.

SadSummerSea
04-19-2006, 09:31 PM
im sad i wont be in toronto for this show. i have to take my chances with the americans.

forty two
04-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Anybody interested in pairing up to try and get tickets? I'm desperate to go to this show, so anything that will increase my chances on Friday morning, I'll do.

Or do I stand a better chance going for the single ticket myself? Either way, if you are interested, let me know.

mystictigress
04-20-2006, 06:10 AM
Thanks seeyouauntie. I guess with a limit everyone must have a pretty fair chance. I bet scalpers will be able to get their hands on more than just a pair though somehow. argh.

forty two, with my experience with other more poppy bands that sell out really fast, a single ticket is probably your best bet. Since people can't get three tickets and I imagine not every row is an even number of seats (e.g. the centre has seats from 41 - 54), a single ticket would be easiest to get and you'd probably get a better seat.

adavadas
04-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Only 1/4 of the tickets were put on sale for the pre-order. Given the venue seats approximately 3200, and assuming about 200 tickets went out for promo purposes, that still leaves about 2200 seats available, and they are spread out throughout the venue.
That sounds pretty damn good to me. I already have two tickets, but I need to get a couple for some friends.

Claytanic
04-20-2006, 06:51 AM
Will those who purchased two tickets during the presale still have the option of purchasing two more during the public sale?

Eighteenth Eye
04-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Will those who purchased two tickets during the presale still have the option of purchasing two more during the public sale?

I sure hope so, that would not be right if you can't.

pushthenvelope
04-20-2006, 06:55 AM
I just signed up for my COF account, and got a password. But, when I try to sign in on their site, it says it's not valid. It probably takes a little time to kick in, but did anyone have similar experience?

$60 is basically extortion, but I can't miss this show so I'll take any advantage I can get...

Just wanted to give a big 'thankyou" for posting this link. I had visited ticketmaster previously and wondered what the COF shit was all about. I saw this thread at 9:45, did some calling and had a pair of tickets,row s by 10:15. Right on!!! Going to see Tool for 3rd time. Should be awesome in this small venue. Anyone seen a show there before. Can you get away with a bit of 4:20 action to enhance the experience?

kwijibo
04-20-2006, 07:07 AM

i really hope so or that would suck......

Maken
04-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Can you get away with a bit of 4:20 action to enhance the experience?

Very doubtful. =(

revelations06
04-20-2006, 08:17 AM
I saw Manson there a couple of years ago and there was no problem with 4:20. Security was very cool! Unlike Labbatt centre in London where security act like prison guards.

imbackagain2
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM
If anyone has extra tickets please let me know I will take 2. Are we going to be able to burn dubes in there?

Spoon
04-20-2006, 09:13 AM
You won't be able to order more than two tickets, or you'll risk losing them all. The two ticket limit applies to orders with the same COF account, Name, Address, Phone, any common information and they'll nix you. It's on the ticketmaster site...

kwijibo
04-20-2006, 09:23 AM
but if you bought tickets thru the pre-sale, will you be able to use the same credit card for more tomorrow?

Spoon
04-20-2006, 09:28 AM
...Tickets may also be re-released if a customer does not follow Ticketmaster's published ticket limits or other terms of use.

The venue or artist/event management will typically impose a ticket limit per customer, credit card or address in order to provide ticket access to as many fans as possible. Ticket limits vary depending on the type of event or the anticipated demand for tickets. Check the event information area of the purchase page for more information on ticket limits for your event. Please adhere to published ticket limits. If we determine that a ticket limit has been exceeded, we may cancel an order, or part of an order, without notice, and may even cancel a ticket that has already been delivered rendering it unusable without notice.

Horse's mouth...

Spoon
04-20-2006, 09:38 AM
There's some douchebag selling a bunch on ebay and advertising the show as "Sold Out" when the tickets aren't even on sale yet...

kwijibo
04-20-2006, 09:52 AM
haha! yea i saw that.. wtf.. idiots!!

Claytanic
04-20-2006, 09:58 AM
You won't be able to order more than two tickets, or you'll risk losing them all. The two ticket limit applies to orders with the same COF account, Name, Address, Phone, any common information and they'll nix you. It's on the ticketmaster site...

That's rather disenfranchising; one would think there'd be ample opportunity for a dedicated fan to purchase both in the pre and public sales. Every other time I've seen Tool live, there's been an opportunity for as much.

Luckily, my boss will let me use her credit card to purchase the additional ticket needed to allow my friend to attend.

P-sout

kwijibo
04-20-2006, 09:58 AM
so u cant even use the same address either?? that's retarded... cuz i'm trying to get some and so is my sister.. :/

Spoon
04-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah, they were talking about this in another thread, too. Basically if ticketmaster finds out you went past the same limit by having two orders with the same credit card, address, or even name, they might just cancel all your orders and not even tell you...

kwijibo
04-20-2006, 10:18 AM
oh man! this is so fuckin confusing.. its making me nuts..

so now if more of my family wants some, they havta get it send all over?!

Spoon
04-20-2006, 10:21 AM
essentially, yes. I mean, you can risk it if you want. If you look above, I had 4 tickets from the presale, but then I discovered this policy and wasn't about to risk losing my chance to see Tool in this type of venue, so I cancelled 2 of my 4 tickets over the phone. You can go for it, risk it, but your tickets might not even work when you get to the door...

kwijibo
04-20-2006, 10:29 AM
so what about last names? only 1 person in the family can get them? what about the rest that want to go then?

i hope they dont care that much about the addresses.. i think they would just care about names and credit cards. Cuz what if you live in a dorm or something? all those people are screwed then if they cant use that address...

jdp
04-20-2006, 10:35 AM
so what about last names? only 1 person in the family can get them? what about the rest that want to go then?

i hope they dont care that much about the addresses.. i think they would just care about names and credit cards. Cuz what if you live in a dorm or something? all those people are screwed then if they cant use that address...

Your best option -- call ticketmaster and ask.

*see*you*auntie*
04-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Your best option -- call ticketmaster and ask.

Not necessarily. Those idiots don't know anything. I was told by a TM agent yesterday that the presale was SOLD OUT. From what I've read here, that isn't true. Oi!

Claytanic
04-20-2006, 10:45 AM

I shouldn't think they'd go to such extremes as to cancel the orders, both, of family members who happened to be ordering 2 tickets each, with two unique credit cards accounts, even if they did reside at the same location. It doesn't follow any pattern of logic; then again, this is Ticketmaster of whom we're speaking. hehe

adavadas
04-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Not necessarily. Those idiots don't know anything. I was told by a TM agent yesterday that the presale was SOLD OUT. From what I've read here, that isn't true. Oi!

The pre-sale sold out fairly quickly yesterday, within 4 hours of the tickets going on sale. As I mentioned earlier, they only put 1/4 of the tickets on pre-sale.

kwijibo
04-20-2006, 10:56 AM
I shouldn't think they'd go to such extremes as to cancel the orders, both, of family members who happened to be ordering 2 tickets each, with two unique credit cards accounts, even if they did reside at the same location. It doesn't follow any pattern of logic; then again, this is Ticketmaster of whom we're speaking. hehe

i would hope not, but yea, its ticketmaster, so who knows! :/

everyone here has their own card, its just the address thing..

imbackagain2
04-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Well if I have 4 hours to get tickets then im not worried. I will be so stoked to get tickets. I will also be on here bragging to all you guys about it.

bullet proof
04-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Well if I have 4 hours to get tickets then im not worried. I will be so stoked to get tickets. I will also be on here bragging to all you guys about it.

You won't have 4 hours. The presale was only available to a limited group, which is why it lasted so long. The general public will buy up the regular tickets in minutes, I would guess.

Cipher
04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
The address won't matter if the credit cards are all in different names.

Eighteenth Eye
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
essentially, yes. I mean, you can risk it if you want. If you look above, I had 4 tickets from the presale, but then I discovered this policy and wasn't about to risk losing my chance to see Tool in this type of venue, so I cancelled 2 of my 4 tickets over the phone. You can go for it, risk it, but your tickets might not even work when you get to the door...

Can ticketmaster cancel tickets AFTER they are printed and in your hand?????

I wouldn't think so but if anyone knows anything further about this let me know!

At the risk of losing all my tickets i ordered an extra pair for my friends in the presale and I went to ticketmaster and they have already printed them out for me. They cannot cancel printed tickets can they?? That doesn't make sense that they could 'cancel' tickets that are printed out for any concert!

bullet proof
04-20-2006, 11:32 AM
At the risk of losing all my tickets i ordered an extra pair for my friends in the presale and I went to ticketmaster and they have already printed them out for me. They cannot cancel printed tickets can they?? That doesn't make sense that they could 'cancel' tickets that are printed out for any concert!

Most venues scan the barcode on the ticket these days. I have no idea how this system works, but it seems possible that TM could cancel tickets even if they've already been printed out.

Eighteenth Eye
04-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Most venues scan the barcode on the ticket these days. I have no idea how this system works, but it seems possible that TM could cancel tickets even if they've already been printed out.

That is not the answer I was looking for, lol....i will call ticketmaster and find out.

kwijibo
04-20-2006, 11:37 AM
The address won't matter if the credit cards are all in different names.

are you positive about that?

silvermark
04-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Yes, the presale is sold out. Notice on the Ticketmaster page it now reads: "Front row is DD". That means that tomorrow if you hit row DD, you got the best possible seats for the public sale.

kwijibo
04-20-2006, 11:49 AM
so the whole first section is gone already?

troutmask
04-20-2006, 11:50 AM

This seems to be the case. I had some NIN tickets that were damaged in the mail to the point of being unusable. I called ticketmaster with my confirmation number to get replacements and they said I could come pick up new tickets for the same seats. The said that since I had ordered new ones, the old ones were no longer valid and would not work on the day of the show. It seems like they're able to invalidate your tickets though their barcoding system.

Eighteenth Eye
04-20-2006, 11:53 AM
This seems to be the case. I had some NIN tickets that were damaged in the mail to the point of being unusable. I called ticketmaster with my confirmation number to get replacements and they said I could come pick up new tickets for the same seats. The said that since I had ordered new ones, the old ones were no longer valid and would not work on the day of the show. It seems like they're able to invalidate your tickets though their barcoding system.

If they cancel people's tickets that they ordered after the tickets are printed it will start a riot! There is the same limit and the same conditions surrounding Friday's public on sale. There will be plenty of people buying 2,4 or 6 and they will be going crazy if they do not work!

Wouldn't we know that the orders have been cancelled if the money goes back the credit card that they were purchased with or the credit card is never charged???

Claytanic
04-20-2006, 12:16 PM
If they cancel people's tickets that they ordered after the tickets are printed it will start a riot! There is the same limit and the same conditions surrounding Friday's public on sale. There will be plenty of people buying 2,4 or 6 and they will be going crazy if they do not work!

Wouldn't we know that the orders have been cancelled if the money goes back the credit card that they were purchased with or the credit card is never charged???

What would be the justification for starting a riot in this case? Considering the legal statements made on Ticketmaster's website, in the case that you did receive possession of any illegitimately purchased - according to the statements on the website - tickets and they cancelled the order afterwards, one would have no recourse.
I think the reason for this situation is that Ticketmaster's system is , unfortunately and quite inadequately, unable to actively prevent the ordering of excess tickets, initially, until they are ready to process the orders or file them afterwards. That being said, they've protected themselves by including the clause, on their website and elsewhere, indicating the possibility that even printed tickets may be rendered null and void, under such a circumstance.
By the way, I understand that you may have not been completely serious, in that you didn't actually mean to say a full blown riot would ensue.

amitface
04-20-2006, 01:54 PM
I went to the Toronto TM page and it says:

Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database.

silvermark
04-20-2006, 02:14 PM
They do this all the time before a public sale. It'll be back up at 10:00 tomorrow.

hays0023
04-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Has anyone who purchased tickets with 'Ticketfast' received their tickets yet? I called and asked where my tickets were, and I was told that they would not print for at least 48 hours after I purchased them. I want my FRONT ROW seats now!!!

bullet proof
04-20-2006, 02:50 PM

You're obviously aware of their policy and the ticket limit so why be upset if they cancel any or all of your orders? They make it perfectly clear what the limit is and what their policy is. Personally, I wouldn't risk losing my tickets and I'd find another way to buy more if I needed them.

Bino
04-20-2006, 04:01 PM
I have never been more excited to see a show in my life. Did the circle of friends thing on Tuesday, discovered this forum that night. Pretty funny reading this thread from the beginning after the fact.

I gotta admit - I thought I was slick shit going the COF route and when I read this thread - on about the 17th or something you guys start mentioning it, then calling and emailing the COF, etc, I started to panic - FUCK! Did I just spend $60 (and talk my sister in to doing the same!) for NOTHING!

Anyhow, I got tix early yesterday morning.

Whoever said Jennifer sounded hot was spot on.

Good luck to all here tomorrow morning.

PS - On the 420 tip - I'm blazing, fuck it.

Eleven
04-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Gah, what happened to the Ticketmaster page for this show?? It's been gone for about an hour now.

silvermark
04-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Bino, what seats did you get?

Bino
04-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Bino, what seats did you get?

Row P.

Cipher
04-20-2006, 05:25 PM
are you positive about that?

Yeah, I'm 100% positive.
Well, nothing's 100%... so 99.9%.

sleaz1
04-20-2006, 05:26 PM

Spoon i did the same thing, I bought more than i was aloud then read the details and got them to cancel my other tickets besides two. (I picked the email tickets option.. well it wasn't me but it was my friend, but thats how im getting them)

I got worried because they still havent emailed my tickets yet so i called them up, but i think it all worked out so im ok.. The thing is they wont email the tickets out until after the tickets go on sale friday, so i have to wait to make sure they dont fuck me over...and i've been pretty good at geting fucked over for tool concerts in the past...long story, still hurts to this day...

but if i do get my tickets ill be in the orchestra section row DD...pretty fuckin sweet

Bino
04-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Noticed that most of the tix on ebay have auctions set to end about two hours after the TM box office opens.

kwijibo
04-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I'm 100% positive.
Well, nothing's 100%... so 99.9%.

ok great, i hope so! because if i get screwed over for having the same address there will be trouble... damn TM!!

sleaz1
04-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Noticed that most of the tix on ebay have auctions set to end about two hours after the TM box office opens.

If i was selling my tickets on Ebay, id wait until it does sell out then look out.

Or you could just put it on craigslist for free too.

troutmask
04-21-2006, 03:51 AM
Best of luck to everyone on here getting into the public onsale fray this morning.