Tool
Tower Theatre, Upper Darby, PA
Wed, May 17, 2006 09:00 PM

badshirt
04-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Tool
Tower Theatre, Upper Darby, PA
Wed, May 17, 2006 09:00 PM

Badshirt's Tower Theater Philly Co-op is still on.

Basically we have a group that will try to obtain as many tickets as possible to be distributed among the participants at face value. If everybody that has the opportunity to buy gets 1-3 extra tickets this may just work.

I need 1 for myself and 1 for friend - both of us will be on high speed pc and internet connections and will be trying for 4-8 tickets.

There are 20+ will try to obtain tickets online. If seats are available at the box office and you live nearby please try to get them this way - it seems to be the best way to buy.

Please keep in touch. Send me a PM and I'll send everybody an e-mail on Wednesday or Thursday. I'll also send you my contact info.

Please be honest and try to obtain extra seats if you can.

Thanks again. I really think we may be able to work this out. Good luck.
PK

I'll update the list on this page and send an e-mail at some point on Wednesday. We can reply all to ensure that we keep everybody in the loop.

If you want to be a part of it please PM badshirt.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Thank you very much. I am in on this, I'll do what I can, but I'm in NY--I have 5 friends buying for Philly show.

typeoserv
04-17-2006, 02:18 PM
i would like to try to take part in this too, im been stuck ebaying for NIN tix for my past 4 shows, and i would like to not see someone have to go through this, or me go through it again :(

badshirt
04-17-2006, 03:18 PM
i would like to try to take part in this too, im been stuck ebaying for NIN tix for my past 4 shows, and i would like to not see someone have to go through this, or me go through it again :(

Hey bro,

I'll be in touch.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Okay people, badshirt, and whoever else. Question. Say total we get 10 extra tickets among us all, and say Total, people need 15. Who's to say who get's what first and whatnot? Should we do something like draw straws somehow? Just to combat arguments of favoritism and fights and such...

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Okay people, badshirt, and whoever else. Question. Say total we get 10 extra tickets among us all, and say Total, people need 15. Who's to say who get's what first and whatnot? Should we do something like draw straws somehow? Just to combat arguments of favoritism and fights and such...

First come, first served. :P

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 04:22 PM
First come, first served. :P

Yeah, that'll go over well. It'll turn into everyone here yelling about how they were here first and whatever.

Florida_Mike
04-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Once their is a master list for the Co-op we can worry about who gets what. First and foremost though, before Sat. there needs to be a set master list of who is in on the deal. Let's say that 15 people need tickets, but their are only 8 to go around. At that point you could assign those 8 tickets to 8 random numbers from 1-15 and then again assign randomly a number to each person. If you're number has a ticket, good for you. It'd probably be best to do this in realtime, but I doubt you could organize it all. As long as we have the set number of people who are in BEFORE we all purchase on Saturday, things shouldn't get too hairy.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Not a bad idea, we'll see what's up later in the week I guess.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 04:43 PM

I will send out an e-mail from my private account (already sent) on Thursday for us all to reply all - this way we can communicate for 2 days to determine how the system will work. The board is just a pain in the ass to communicate by. By end of Friday the process will be decided on and those in will reply in or out.

This COULD end up being a total disaster - and if it doesn't work I will probably just opt out of any of the tickets (and grossly overpay) and let you guys fight it out. I don't want angry bastards calling my phone and e-mailing me so I won't take tickets unless everybody is satisfied.

I'm up for ideas:
We could: 1) Agree to take absolute minimum. Ex. I need 2 and won't grab any for friends who may want to go.
2) Limit it to 2 tickets and have your friends jump in and contribute to deal

In a perfect world we would get the amount that we need on our first shot. I know that it won't work if everybody is buying 4 and planning on taking 4 no matter how many we get. Ex. Dudes tries to buy 4 to keep for himself and crew - dude doesn't get 4 - dude wants 4 from the pot.

I am looking to take 2 but buying 4.

Another thought is: Everybody gets 1 off the bat (for each person on the list) We then determine who needs what and hash it out. We can be reasonable.
I know what you're thinking "I would like 2 together" - thats fine - we can work that out 2. I would like 2 together as well.

I'm just trying to figure out a system where less of us pay face value.

The real contributors will be the guys and gals that need 1 but get 3 or 4. They may even get free tshirts etc... if everybody is willing to kick in.

I will cut off those joining on Thursday morning and initiate the conversation. Between now & then come up w/ a system that works for you and send it in. We then vote on how it works. By end up Friday we will have a final list and a final system.

Just please don't luck out, get 4 and walk w/ all of them. It will never work that way.

What do you guys think?

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah, that'll go over well. It'll turn into everyone here yelling about how they were here first and whatever.

I've already pretty much PM'ed everyone involved, and the Badshirt man himself...

If I get any more than 1 ticket, I'm giving them away at face value... if we get as many tickets as my friends and I are trying to get, then I'll probably give a few away for free--when they all run out.

I'm going to be in NY trying to buy as many as possible. I have 5 people in Philly rushing the office to get them, and 5 others trying to call/hit ticketdisaster...

I'm going to be in NY for a show anyway, and that will be over at about 4am, so I'm going to be in line as soon as that gets out... and on the phone. If I get NY tickets or Philly tickets, I'll make sure they get in....

Likewise, even with all the people trying to help, I'm bound to not get them(my luck is horrible) and as such, I want to be in line damn near the top of everyone's list. I'll bring the LSD and shrooms for the show, and pay double for a ticket if need be... although I'm also going to be willing to trade NY tickets for Philly, and vice versa, depending on what I can come up with...

if I can't get anything, I'd really appreciate if someone else COULD for me. This concept has worked for me on Phish tours, etc... like I said... LSD AND SHROOMS ALL AROUND ;)

badshirt
04-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Once their is a master list for the Co-op we can worry about who gets what. First and foremost though, before Sat. there needs to be a set master list of who is in on the deal. Let's say that 15 people need tickets, but their are only 8 to go around. At that point you could assign those 8 tickets to 8 random numbers from 1-15 and then again assign randomly a number to each person. If you're number has a ticket, good for you. It'd probably be best to do this in realtime, but I doubt you could organize it all. As long as we have the set number of people who are in BEFORE we all purchase on Saturday, things shouldn't get too hairy.

The final list will be established by the end of Thursday.

I'm assuming that if people get tickets - they're not going to ship them off to somebody else just because we tell them they drew a bad number. I'm sure they'll keep em. The extras that people get will sincerely be the big help and we all need to make an effort to get them. If we each get extras we may be able to work this out.

I'm counting on:
1) establishing list of participants
2) figuring out how many each person takes (1+) - you may want to consider not including non-co-op people. My girl and I will each take a seat but we'll each be on a t3 w/ separate accounts trying to get 4 tickets. Know what I'm saying? We need to have the #of peope taking tickets be = to the # of people online. Every person that claims a ticket should be trying to get at least 1 ticket. I think thats the only way it can work. We increase our odds and #s purchased.
3) figuring out how many each will try to get above and beyond.

We can then just meet up the day of the show to pass them on, mail them or whatever.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 04:50 PM
I've already pretty much PM'ed everyone involved, and the Badshirt man himself...

If I get any more than 1 ticket, I'm giving them away at face value... if we get as many tickets as my friends and I are trying to get, then I'll probably give a few away for free--when they all run out.

I'm going to be in NY trying to buy as many as possible. I have 5 people in Philly rushing the office to get them, and 5 others trying to call/hit ticketdisaster...

I'm going to be in NY for a show anyway, and that will be over at about 4am, so I'm going to be in line as soon as that gets out... and on the phone. If I get NY tickets or Philly tickets, I'll make sure they get in....

Likewise, even with all the people trying to help, I'm bound to not get them(my luck is horrible) and as such, I want to be in line damn near the top of everyone's list. I'll bring the LSD and shrooms for the show, and pay double for a ticket if need be... although I'm also going to be willing to trade NY tickets for Philly, and vice versa, depending on what I can come up with...

if I can't get anything, I'd really appreciate if someone else COULD for me. This concept has worked for me on Phish tours, etc... like I said... LSD AND SHROOMS ALL AROUND ;)

Thanks again for being a part of this.

Florida_Mike
04-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Is anyone looking for 4 tickets? I think if you end up picking up pot tickets (ie, you don't get to purchase directly from TM) then there should be a limit to how many you take from the pot (2 perhaps?)

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I will send out an e-mail from my private account (already sent) on Thursday for us all to reply all - this way we can communicate for 2 days to determine how the system will work. The board is just a pain in the ass to communicate by. By end of Friday the process will be decided on and those in will reply in or out.

This COULD end up being a total disaster - and if it doesn't work I will probably just opt out of any of the tickets (and grossly overpay) and let you guys fight it out. I don't want angry bastards calling my phone and e-mailing me so I won't take tickets unless everybody is satisfied.

I'm up for ideas:
We could: 1) Agree to take absolute minimum. Ex. I need 2 and won't grab any for friends who may want to go.
2) Limit it to 2 tickets and have your friends jump in and contribute to deal

In a perfect world we would get the amount that we need on our first shot. I know that it won't work if everybody is buying 4 and planning on taking 4 no matter how many we get. Ex. Dudes tries to buy 4 to keep for himself and crew - dude doesn't get 4 - dude wants 4 from the pot.

I am looking to take 2 but buying 4.

Another thought is: Everybody gets 1 off the bat (for each person on the list) We then determine who needs what and hash it out. We can be reasonable.
I know what you're thinking "I would like 2 together" - thats fine - we can work that out 2. I would like 2 together as well.

I'm just trying to figure out a system where less of us pay face value.

The real contributors will be the guys and gals that need 1 but get 3 or 4. They may even get free tshirts etc... if everybody is willing to kick in.

I will cut off those joining on Thursday morning and initiate the conversation. Between now & then come up w/ a system that works for you and send it in. We then vote on how it works. By end up Friday we will have a final list and a final system.

Just please don't luck out, get 4 and walk w/ all of them. It will never work that way.

What do you guys think?

Good points made. We can also do something with join date or something, but that'd be too biased I guess.

Maybe when you send out a mass email tell everyone that you picked a number from 1-50 and for everyone to PM you a number. You seem very trustworthy and that's why I trust you on this..

Maybe?

badshirt
04-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I won't be around much tomorrow - but if you guys can discuss and come up w/ a method or solution I'm cool with that.

I'll be contacting everybody via e-mail as a group on Thursday and we can make a final decision. If you guys can all come up w/ a system that a majority would vote on - then its a done deal. If you make up your minds before I even chime in its cool w/ me.

Lets just cooperate and try to help each other out in getting some seats.

Everybody has my contact info. I'll be in/out tonight and tomorrow and in touch via e-mail on Thursday to everybody on the list.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm going to be attempting to get 4 no matter what, as well as Cyberslave, so if we both get lucky and both get 4, that'll be 8. We only need 3-4, so there's possibilites of 4-5 extra tickets with us, hopefully we get 'em.

Also, I think we should include the stupid Ticketmaster surcharges in the "face value" of the ticket. There's no other way to get them, and everyone has to pay it, so I think we should all have to pay that, too.

That'd be also pretty cool if we all got what we needed and had a big community meeting and hugged and stuff and gave badshirt a community bj for spearheading this idea.

Florida_Mike
04-17-2006, 04:55 PM
I'd imagine everyone here is familiar with IRC, after Thurs we can set up a channel and discuss.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 04:56 PM
I'd imagine everyone here is familiar with IRC, after Thurs we can set up a channel and discuss.

Good call.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Good call.

I don't know what IRC is but I'll work it out. Night hours would be better for me with something like that - work firewall blocks out many chats etc..

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I've got a suprise that will make someone very happy in the pants if they can assure me a ticket for Philly. I hate to buy anyone off like that, but trust me it's huge.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I've got a suprise that will make someone very happy in the pants if they can assure me a ticket for Philly. I hate to buy anyone off like that, but trust me it's huge.

You bastard!!!

Let them know whats up so they can argue it out of their system.
Everybody looking to claim 4 would throw off the whole deal -

I would prefer if we got our base tickets, divied them and bought off of eBay for the trade w/ Aural. But, its up to you guys.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Is anyone looking for 4 tickets? I think if you end up picking up pot tickets (ie, you don't get to purchase directly from TM) then there should be a limit to how many you take from the pot (2 perhaps?)

That's one answer for sure. Good call.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Anyone agree with my comment about including the stupid TM surcharges in the price of "face value?"

badshirt
04-17-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm going to be attempting to get 4 no matter what, as well as Cyberslave, so if we both get lucky and both get 4, that'll be 8. We only need 3-4, so there's possibilites of 4-5 extra tickets with us, hopefully we get 'em.

Also, I think we should include the stupid Ticketmaster surcharges in the "face value" of the ticket. There's no other way to get them, and everyone has to pay it, so I think we should all have to pay that, too.

That'd be also pretty cool if we all got what we needed and had a big community meeting and hugged and stuff and gave badshirt a community bj for spearheading this idea.

Face value + Ticketmaster is cool.

It would be sweet if all 3-4 people are trying to get tickets at the same time and not just you and cyber. That way you would have better odds of getting 8. Know what I'm saying?

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Everyone should just go for like 4. Hell, then maybe people would have leftovers you could scalp em on ebay and make your ticket price back plus a profit! lol

badshirt
04-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Anyone agree with my comment about including the stupid TM surcharges in the price of "face value?"

Ticketmaster charges should be included.

Florida Mike's point is great: If you claim from the pot you claim no more than 2. So really , we're all just doing each other a big favor.

As long as we determine who is on the final list by end of day Thursday we'll be fine. I'm looking at it this way: If I get em' I'll grab a couple of extras for the people on here provided they basically promise me that same.

Like I said: if its a total disaster we don't really need to be pissed. If we don't get Tickets via Ticketmaster its nobodys fault here. If anything, more of us will get regular prices on tickets - and fewer will go to eBay.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Everyone should just go for like 4. Hell, then maybe people would have leftovers you could scalp em on ebay and make your ticket price back plus a profit! lol

Everybody go for 4. If you're pulling from the pot the limit is 2.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 05:17 PM

If I had tickets that I wasn't using, I would never sell them for more than face value. Nothing killed me more than paying 300 dollars a pop for NIN tickets. I literally felt like I was being raped. All the way until the show...

I'd do it again, but only if fellatio is out of the question. :P

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 05:19 PM
If I had tickets that I wasn't using, I would never sell them for more than face value. Nothing killed me more than paying 300 dollars a pop for NIN tickets. I literally felt like I was being raped. All the way until the show...

Then if you feel horrible about it, sell them on e-bay for exactly double what you payed for, so it's WAY less than other scalpers, but you get a free ticket pretty much.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 05:21 PM
If I sell a ticket for double what I pay for it, I'm sending that money directly to the band. It's really unfortunate that scalpers are getting over like they are... I bet there is already a way around the ticket limits on Ticketdisaster for this show and we will all be on EBAY for real, anyway...

any bets on how long this entire tour takes to sell-out?

I'm thinking 4 minutes.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 05:23 PM

I feel the same way, dude. When I lived in NYC I would often stand outside of shows and find people w/ extras willing to sell them for face value. I'm so stubborn and normally refuse to pay scalpers.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 05:23 PM
4 minutes is a good number. I'd hate to have to buy a ticket off ebay.. so much.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Emophor from Miami Florida is in.

He is trying to get 4 and may need a ride from Penn Campus. Please keep that in mind.

If he has 3 extra tickets I doubt he'll have trouble finding a lift.

I'm coming from North and may cut if close to show time but if somebody else could pick him up I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 05:31 PM
A lift from Penn's campus??? Take the Market/Frankford subway line Wesbound to 69th Street. When you get off at 69th Street, the tower is straight in front of you...

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 05:31 PM
If I'm attending the show in Philadelphia and have a ticket in hand, I can take a road-trip to pick someone up... keep in mind that we will be blazing heavily, and that you will have to pass out at my place after the show--and I'll drive you back the next day.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 05:33 PM
A lift from Penn's campus??? Take the Market/Frankford subway line Wesbound to 69th Street. When you get off at 69th Street, the tower is straight in front of you...

We'll have to give him the scoop. I've never lived in Philly so I'm not familiar with their subway system but I'm sure he could get there.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Also, Cyberslave goes to Penn...

badshirt
04-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Is everybody cool w/ the co-op?

Florida Mike had some good ideas - hopefully he'll still be in and other can contribute to the ideas.

Everybody will be in touch.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 05:37 PM
I can no longer hide my erection... TOOL IS BACK, MOTHERFUCKER!

millermt
04-17-2006, 05:37 PM
I only need 1 ticket, but I will try to order 4. I don't think it will make a difference if I try to order 2 or 4 in all likelihood -- there will either be tix available or there won't. That means if I get lucky, I'll have 3 to contribute.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah really, there's not going to be time for you to miss out on tix just because your specified amount is too big. It's going to be get tickets or don't get tickets.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 05:40 PM
I only need 1 ticket, but I will try to order 4. I don't think it will make a difference if I try to order 2 or 4 in all likelihood -- there will either be tix available or there won't. That means if get get lucky, I'll have 3 to contribute.

Awesome. I say we just lay out some basic details and have at it.

Like I said - if anybody has decent ideas about how this will work please feel free to discuss. I'll be in touch on Thursday w/ the final list.

Tower is a pretty good time but yes, Aural
there are only seats.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 05:42 PM
If I get a ticket and I see anyone seated for any portion of the concert, they're getting a "stand the fuck up" from me. Unless they have no legs...

millermt
04-17-2006, 05:43 PM
It's going to be get tickets or don't get tickets.

I think you're right on the money with this statement, Mike. And I'd feel pretty damn good about myself if I kept 3 tix out of the scalpers' hands and in the hands of real fans.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 05:45 PM
If I get a ticket and I see anyone seated for any portion of the concert, they're getting a "stand the fuck up" from me. Unless they have no legs...

is it true that the seats can't be removed? surely this is farce?

but yea, I'll boost anyone up on my shoulders that doesn't have legs.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't think the seats can be moved. Which is a great thing, it'll make so that no idiot fucks start moshing!

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey, also if someone gets boned on a ticket, maybe someone will be offering an extra on CraigsList...? That'd be jawesome.

typeoserv
04-17-2006, 05:56 PM
I need two floor tix (gf is obsessive hehe) and i will be trying to buy 4 so i will hopefully have 2 extra

Emophor
04-17-2006, 05:56 PM

Thanks, I was thinking about that but couldn't figure out where the venue was in relation to the market line. In my four years at Penn, I don't think I ventured further west than 45th street so gimme a break.

Anyway, on saturday I'll be trying to get a ticket for myself and three extras for the group. I'd still like to chill with some new people because my friends suck and don't like Tool.

Also, does anyone know why ticketmaster has the show listed for Wednesday and Toolband has it as Thursday? It'd be nice to clear that up since I have to fly in for the show.

typeoserv
04-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Awesome. I say we just lay out some basic details and have at it.

Like I said - if anybody has decent ideas about how this will work please feel free to discuss. I'll be in touch on Thursday w/ the final list.

Tower is a pretty good time but yes, Aural
there are only seats.

Not true.. i saw deftones there back in 00 and the seats were cleared out off hte floor, only the balcony was seating, i'd assume they'd do the same for tool

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Not true.. i saw deftones there back in 00 and the seats were cleared out off hte floor, only the balcony was seating, i'd assume they'd do the same for tool

I hope they have seats, I hate dickhead moshers, and the Tower is a nice venue to just take it all in. But if they're going to take seats out, hey whatever, then I might not have to worry about where my seat is if I get a ticket.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't think the seats can be moved. Which is a great thing, it'll make so that no idiot fucks start moshing!

You're going to be shit out of luck then, if I am around. I like to pay attention to Tool shows like everyone else--but there are times when an aggressive release is just the ticket. This isn't a Weezer concert :P

But I started a pit at Weezer, too ;)

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 06:03 PM
You won't want to mosh at a Tool show, too much to watch and take in.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 06:04 PM
You won't want to mosh at a Tool show, too much to watch and take in.

This ain't my first big rodeo... last I saw Tool I sat and cried like a baby--but even then, I had to administer some punishment. I am content to just take it in, this time... New York, on the other hand--that will be absolute CHAOS.

millermt
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
This ain't my first big rodeo... last I saw Tool I sat and cried like a baby--but even then, I had to administer some punishment. I am content to just take it in, this time... New York, on the other hand--that will be absolute CHAOS.

Now I remember why Radio City was such a great show... no moshing due to the seats.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck to all. I'll be in and out tonight and tomorrow but the final list will be in place for Thursdays contact.

I hope everybody will contribute to the discussion of how this will work.

Talk to you all later.

pk badshirt

millermt
04-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck to all. I'll be in and out tonight and tomorrow but the final list will be in place for Thursdays contact.

I hope everybody will contribute to the discussion of how this will work.

Talk to you all later.

pk badshirt

The co-op simply depends on the honesty of every member. If you get tix, you have to follow through and contribute. If not, you're screwing everyone involved.

Also, I think we have to cap the number of tix claimable by any member who didn't get any. I think we have to say you can only pull a maximum of 2 out of the pooled extras.

Then we just need to determine how we prioritize who gets the extras...

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 06:38 PM
The co-op simply depends on the honesty of every member. If you get tix, you have to follow through and contribute. If not, you're screwing everyone involved.

Also, I think we have to cap the number of tix claimable by any member who didn't get any. I think we have to say you can only pull a maximum of 2 out of the pooled extras.

Then we just need to determine how we prioritize who gets the extras...

Yeah we pretty much set it in stone that 2 is max.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I have my first born child(yet to be born... in Taiwan, we can pick the sex!!!), a shitload of shroomies, and of course money and fellatio...

whatever it takes

millermt
04-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I have a great method to determine priority if we have 10 or fewer tdn members in the co-op. How many do we have?

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 06:43 PM
like 20

badshirt
04-17-2006, 06:44 PM
I agree with both of you.

Honesty is the only way this will work.

millermt
04-17-2006, 06:46 PM
like 20

Surely not that many. I'm not talking how many total tickets we need, but how many tdn members themselves are involved?

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Surely not that many. I'm not talking how many total tickets we need, but how many tdn members themselves are involved?
badshirt would know.. but it's close to 20 i believe

millermt
04-17-2006, 06:56 PM
badshirt would know.. but it's close to 20 i believe

Wow, that's a lot of people.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 06:57 PM
yeah.. what's your "plan"

badshirt
04-17-2006, 07:04 PM
yeah.. what's your "plan"

15 people on the list so far - I'm assuming that they all need at least 2. In a Wed.-Thursday e-mail we'll establish this.

But think about it - 10 of us get 4 we'll have 40. I don't know how likely that would be but keep your fingers crossed.

millermt
04-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Well, with ten it would work, not with 20. With ten, we could assign each person a preliminary number from 1 to 10 based on their join date. So with mike tyson, badshirt and I as an example, mike would be 1, I would be 2, and badshirt would be 3. We then say our final number will be determined by the decimal portion of the price of a given stock at the close of a given day. The ten place corresponds to preliminary number and hundreds place corresponds to the final number. So if that named stock closes at 53.19, one becomes nine. Whoever had number 1 (mike tyson) is actually number 9 on the priority list. Number 2 preliminary becomes number 10 in priority, number 3 then becomes number 1 (wrap-around). A little hard to understand, but it works really well for randomizing highest priority.

bored&numb
04-17-2006, 07:11 PM
make that 16, i'll pm my e-mail in a second.

my girlfriend and i will both be attempting 8 tickets, 4 for our group and 4 for the pot.

anyone traveling down from northeast philly interested in setting up a pre-party?

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 07:16 PM
there's a lot of people in on this.. sweet

millermt
04-17-2006, 07:20 PM
One problem is that the more people we have involved, the less likely it is the every single person will be honest about contributing their extras.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 07:25 PM
I only need 1 Ticket. I have 5 people buying 4 a piece... so that is a possibility of 20 tickets for Philly. We'll only be needing 5 tickets, the rest would be going into the pot.

I will be in NY, so I can't be waiting in Philly to buy them, but I will be on the phone from there, trying to get tickets, while I stand in line and sit on my wifi laptop trying to get more tickets for there, too.

But yea, like I said, I only need 1... maybe 2, but I'll deal with 1.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 07:28 PM
One problem is that the more people we have involved, the less likely it is the every single person will be honest about contributing their extras.

bored&numb
jeds375

are in.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 07:34 PM
There are plenty of people saying they need 3 or 4 tickets. If this is the case I would prefer that every one of those 3 or 4 make a sincere attempt to buy tickets. If this does not happen I think we're doomed.

We're basically counting on our number attempting to get tickets. If 20 people are on the list but we need 3 tickets for each we'll need 60 tickets. Lets say 50% of us get 4 - Thats only 40 tickets.
I'm thinking that if you're on the list (or counted on the list as a ticket space - even if you're a date) your ticket spot needs to be trying to get tickets.

Ex. My girl and I will both be on high speed computers attempting to get 4. Each ticket taken (even if we get them ourselves w/ one spot) is attempting to buy.

We established that the cap on tickets drawn from the pool is 2 - if you take from the public pool you can only take 2.

I don't know if this is making any sense but I think the more people attempting via pc or phone the better all of our chances are.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 07:36 PM
I need 1 ticket.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Possibly the fair thing to do would be to distribute 2 to everybody on the list (making a sincere effort to buy tickets).

Lets be honest: I've thought about getting more than 2 - 1 for my pal who is into Tool but lazy, one for another pal - but if they're not up at 10am and don't know about the tour....if they're too lazy to attempt to get tickets I would rather have somebody from the list get them.

Get them for each other - the ones online sweating it out...the ones on the phones and the forums who will be willing to pay top dollar on eBay but don't want to.

If at all possible - make your number 2 and make your friends sign up to get 2.

Once again, not sure if I'm making sense but -

I really won't be on much tomorrow. Discuss and work it out and we'll all be in touch Wed-Thursday. I keep getting sucked back in.

My number is and will be 2 needed. I will be attempting to get 4-8.

millermt
04-17-2006, 07:40 PM
I feel like a group this large is going to be extemely difficult to manage. As much as I want us all to get tickets, I know some people are going to get screwed. I think it would almost be better if we would fragment into smaller groups and then if those smaller groups have extras, share them with the other small groups.

For instance, I only want 1 ticket. I feel like I probably have about a 25% chance of getting tickets. If I commit to try for 4 tix, and am in a group with 3 others in my same position, all four of us are practically guaranteed to get tix. We may even luck out and have 4 extra to contribute to another small group.

What do others think of this concept? I just think it's easier to manage small groups. And easier to trust members of your own small group.

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Not everyone is participating in this whole thing with as much tenacity as the rest of us.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 07:45 PM
I feel like a group this large is going to be extemely difficult to manage. As much as I want us all to get tickets, I know some people are going to get screwed. I think it would almost be better if we would fragment into smaller groups and then if those smaller groups have extras, share them with the other small groups.

For instance, I only want 1 ticket. I feel like I probably have about a 25% chance of getting tickets. If I commit to try for 4 tix, and am in a group with 3 others in my same position, all four of us are practically guaranteed to get tix. We may even luck out and have 4 extra to contribute to another small group.

What do others think of this concept? I just think it's easier to manage small groups. And easier to trust members of your own small group.

That could be an option. We'll include everybody in the e-mail and get total number of tickets needed. This way we can put singles or double w/ those asking for 4 etc..

Like I said - I can't be on much tomorrow but if you guys work out something that makes sense here I'm willing to go w/ that plan. Get your idea ready for a "reply all" pitch on Wednesday into Thursday - we all vote and that is how we'll handle it.

I hope Florida Mike and the others who I haven't heard from since this afternoon can chime in with ideas. Thanks for taking part. Lets just make sure we all get tickets- we're all just doing each other a favor - no biggie.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Good night, fellas. I have faith that we can come up with a system and please everybody to a degree.

Like I said, the ideal would be to have everybody on the list claiming 2. Also, if each person taking a ticket made an attempt to get tickets it would increase our chances significantly.

Good night, all.
pk badshirt

auralassassin
yea, I can usually get tickets for shows before they happen. When Tool comes back around for the Arena shows, I will have blocks of 20, probably. Don't worry, it'll happen for us all.. if not, I highly advise Ebay. Can't say it enough.

millermt
I propose that we have badshirt as the co-op manager, and then have captains that organize the small groups underneath him. Ideally members of groups will be in the same situatuion. For example a group of 4 where each person is trying to buy 4 but only needs 1 for themself. Another group may be where each person needs 2 tix and each is trying to buy 4 tix. The number of people in each group can be determined by the team captain, but 4 people per group seems like a good idea. What do you guys think?

mike tyson
04-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Small groups.. hmm, not a bad idea.

I'm going to bed.. we'll see what's going on tomorrow.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 07:54 PM
I propose that we have badshirt as the co-op manager, and then have captains that organize the small groups underneath him. Ideally members of groups will be in the same situatuion. For example a group of 4 where each person is trying to buy 4 but only needs 1 for themself. Another group may be where each person needs 2 tix and each is trying to buy 4 tix. The number of people in each group can be determined by the team captain, but 4 people per group seems like a good idea. What do you guys think?

I would be cool with something like that - at least it would make it more manageable and not scare everybody off as much.

This way once a group has all of their tickets we pass the remaining on.
More manageable...less scary for participants ... probably a good idea.

I'll catch up w/ you guys. Miller & MikeTyson - I'll be back around some time later tonight or on Wednesday. Try to figure out w/ everybody else what the deal is.

Everybody have fun. Lets be cool to each other & make this happen.

Late.

dracomordag
04-17-2006, 07:57 PM
should i see Tool here, or wait til they come back around on a full tour? what about the fact that this is a fucking wednesday?

millermt
04-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Sweet. This can definitely happen in a way where everyone contributes and isn't afraid of getting screwed over.

I'm going to bed, but let the discussion continue, and I'll join back in tomorrow.

bored&numb
04-17-2006, 08:04 PM
should i see Tool here, or wait til they come back around on a full tour? what about the fact that this is a fucking wednesday?

Tool at the Tower is gonna be a once in a lifetime thing, you should NOT miss this if possible.

badshirt
04-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Tool at the Tower is gonna be a once in a lifetime thing, you should NOT miss this if possible.

I agree with bored&dumb
Personally, its a far bigger deal to me than the Stones at the Tower. If you've ever seen a Tool performance you'll know why. If you can get tickets, do it bro.

facelessDrone
04-17-2006, 08:41 PM
I definitely agree with the limit of how many you can buy from the ticket pool - 2 max.

Someone suggested (in the other thread, I think) that the people who require the lowest # of tickets get to buy them from the pot first. I think this is fair because if you're on here planning and sweating this out, you're more deserving of a ticket than a friend who isn't on this board planning and sweating it out and won't be on a computer at 10AM clicking "refresh" over and over.

I personally will only need ONE ticket. *Possibly* two, my friend is a Tool fan but he's a med student and probably won't be able to go at all. So, yeah; just one, but I'll be trying to buy 4.

As far the ticket exchange goes, it needs to be kept simple. I like this idea: we'll start a new thread after the tickets are all sold. Everyone on the list post up how many tickets you were able to buy, and how many you have extra. Then, the people with extra tickets can simply sell their tickets to other people on the list, via random selection.

For example: I score 4 tix, I only need 1. So, I pick a number from 1 to 100, and have everybody on the list PM me with their guess. The 3 guys (/girls) with the closest guesses get the tickets. Whoever didn't win can contact someone else on the list with extras, and they can sell their tickets the same way.

At any rate, we should ALL try to get 4 a piece, by any means possible. It's not like you'll end up with tickets you won't be able to sell later...

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 09:00 PM
If anything, it's not going to be a matter of having too many tickets... trust that. It'll be more like... 3-4 people on this whole board get tickets... thats how scarce it will be.

facelessDrone
04-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I think this...

For example: I score 4 tix, I only need 1. So, I pick a number from 1 to 100, and have everybody on the list PM me with their guess. The 3 guys (/girls) with the closest guesses get the tickets. Whoever didn't win can contact someone else on the list with extras, and they can sell their tickets the same way.

...is a good method though.

one and one = one eleven
04-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey guys, I was talking on all of the other threads that got deleted about the tower I live very close to the tower and would liek to contribute as well, or be helped, however luck may have it. Apparently mmr said today though that the tickets are only online and by phone. kind of odd. Anyway I have a group of about 15 and at least 4 of us are going to order as many as possible which I believe mmr also said that there is a 4 ticket limit. Anyway any left overs will definitly be posted.

By the way...... Are they serious? The Tower?! Its an absolute dream come true. Ive only seen george carlin there but I cant even imagine what this show is going to be like. I could understand choosing the factory for a smaller venue but the tower is so random, yet so perfect. Caught me totally off guard.

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Ive only seen george carlin there but I cant even imagine what this show is going to be like. I could understand choosing the factory for a smaller venue but the tower is so random, yet so perfect. Caught me totally off guard.

If you have a group of 14, and 4 people with you get 4 tickets each, that is only 1 extra, which is highly cool of course, but it would be stellar if 15 people got 4 tickets and sold the remaining ones....

And George Carlin is THE SHIT!

I'm pretty amped that we are actually even considering doing this for each other and considering our fellow man. I mean, none of us know each other at all, but it appears that we are all willing to try and step up for complete strangers if possible...

Maybe we aren't all like is suggested by Vicarious?

P-Digi
04-18-2006, 03:26 AM
do we have a confirmation on the # of Philly tix available via Ticketmaster? I saw 4 being thrown around, just wondering...

FacelessDrone, I see you're down in the 7 cities, I'm from Newport News. Get over to the NorVa much? Now wouldn't that be a sick Tool show!

I definitely agree with the limit of how many you can buy from the ticket pool - 2 max.

Someone suggested (in the other thread, I think) that the people who require the lowest # of tickets get to buy them from the pot first. I think this is fair because if you're on here planning and sweating this out, you're more deserving of a ticket than a friend who isn't on this board planning and sweating it out and won't be on a computer at 10AM clicking "refresh" over and over.

I personally will only need ONE ticket. *Possibly* two, my friend is a Tool fan but he's a med student and probably won't be able to go at all. So, yeah; just one, but I'll be trying to buy 4.

As far the ticket exchange goes, it needs to be kept simple. I like this idea: we'll start a new thread after the tickets are all sold. Everyone on the list post up how many tickets you were able to buy, and how many you have extra. Then, the people with extra tickets can simply sell their tickets to other people on the list, via random selection.

At any rate, we should ALL try to get 4 a piece, by any means possible. It's not like you'll end up with tickets you won't be able to sell later...

Emophor
04-18-2006, 05:50 AM
For instance, I only want 1 ticket. I feel like I probably have about a 25% chance of getting tickets. If I commit to try for 4 tix, and am in a group with 3 others in my same position, all four of us are practically guaranteed to get tix. We may even luck out and have 4 extra to contribute to another small group..

I think this is the best idea anyone's come up and probably the only way to do this whole thing. For a time last night I was getting concerned that by trying to buy 4 tickets when I only need 1 for myself there would be a good chance of fucking myself over. But if we use this small group method I'll be much more encouraged.

millermt
04-18-2006, 06:02 AM
Let's make this small group thing happen. It will, of course, be under the umbrella of badshirt's co-op, so any extras from the small group will be optioned to the co-op at the price the buyer paid.

I only need 1 ticket, and I will try to buy 4 on Saturday. I'm looking for 3 people in the co-op willing to do the same (buy 4, even though you only need 1) to join my small group. This is probably your best bet if you only need 1 ticket.

Before you respond that you want in this small group, please make sure that you are truly willing to part with 3 extra tickets at face value. If you are wishy-washy about it, don't join. This will only work if the 4 of us in the small group are honest with each other. And let me warn that I won't necessarily team up with the first 3 people who respond. I want to feel confident that the members of this small group are as committed and trustworthy as I am.

I encourage those of you with different situations (need 2 tix, etc.) to start other small groups within the co-op.

Alright, so who wants in my "Buy 4, Share 3" small group?

mosvar
04-18-2006, 06:04 AM
Let's make this small group thing happen. It will, of course, be under the umbrella of badshirt's co-op, so any extras from the small group will be optioned to the co-op at the price the buyer paid.

I only need 1 ticket, and I will try to buy 4 on Saturday. I'm looking for 3 people in the co-op willing to do the same (buy 4, even though you only need 1) to join my small group. This is probably your best bet if you only need 1 ticket.

Before you respond that you want in this small group, please make sure that you are truly willing to part with 3 extra tickets at face value. If you are wishy-washy about it, don't join. This will only work if the 4 of us in the small group are honest with each other. And let me warn that I won't necessarily team up with the first 3 people who respond. I want to feel confident that the members of this small group are as committed and trustworthy as I am.

I encourage those of you with different situations (need 2 tix, etc.) to start other small groups within the co-op.

I am in and will try to get as many as possible for the philly and or NYC shows.

[email protected]

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 07:06 AM

Count me in on your Share group. Cyberslave would have to be in on it with me as well. We are going together.. we're both attempting to buy 4, and I need one ticket, he needs one ticket, and we need 2 for our friends, so we'll be trying for 4, for tdn also. Hopefully we can get lucky and both get 4, that way we'd cover the people we need, as well as have like 4 extras for everyone else in the small group, or other groups.

I think this group should be:

millermt
mike tyson
cyberslave
auralassassin (he's got 5 other people buying 4 each, he only needs 1)

if we need another one, whoever wants in?

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 07:08 AM
ALSO, I'd really only like to work with people that seem really dedicated in this. I don't want to have to buy a ticket off someone on here, send them the money, and not get my ticket. Should we devise some sort of PayPal plan, or just be trustworthy? Because honestly, if I were sending someone a ticket, I'd want the money first before I sent the ticket, no hard feelings or offense to anyone personally.

Emophor
04-18-2006, 07:15 AM
I'd like to get in on that group.

As for the payment thing, I think we just have to be trustworthy. If I get the three extra tickets I'm planning to buy, I'd rather make an exchange IN PERSON. I don't think I'll be mailing the tickets and getting in a "you go first", "no, you send first" situation.

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 07:17 AM
I'd like to get in one this groupshare. My buddy and I need one each, we're each going to try and get 4 though and give the spares up

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Yeah, but I'm a controlling fuck and I'd be nervous about meeting up with conflicting times, people not answering cell phones, and being unprepared without a ticket to a show.

millermt
04-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Count me in on your Share group. Cyberslave would have to be in on it with me as well. We are going together.. we're both attempting to buy 4, and I need one ticket, he needs one ticket, and we need 2 for our friends, so we'll be trying for 4, for tdn also. Hopefully we can get lucky and both get 4, that way we'd cover the people we need, as well as have like 4 extras for everyone else in the small group, or other groups.

I think this group should be:

millermt
mike tyson
cyberslave
auralassassin (he's got 5 other people buying 4 each, he only needs 1)

if we need another one, whoever wants in?

Mike,

Since you and cyberslave are in a different situation (buying 4 each, but actually need 2 each), I think you guys should be in a different small group than me and mosvar (who will be trying to buy 4, but only need 1 each).

I'm looking for 2 more people who will try to buy 4, and if they get them, they will be able to share 3 of the 4 with the other members of the small group.

I do love your commitment though Mike, and I would propose that my small group give yours first priority if our 4 members get more than 4 tickets.

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 07:23 AM
I agree with mike tyson, I don't think I'd feel comfortable making the trip without having my tickets in hand and secure. I'd like to think everyone here would be honest enough to pay/send. Paypal would be really quick and we could ship tickets with whatever method the buyer is willing to pay for.

Emophor
04-18-2006, 07:23 AM
You're nervous? I have to fly in for this. If I don't have ticket in hand, I'm gonna flip out. Whatever, I'm confident that we can figure out a situation that works for everyone. I've never used paypal. How would it work with that? Is there an escrow option?

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 07:28 AM
quick search of paypal site:
Are you an escrow service?

No. We do not provide escrow-related services. We are a person-to-person payment service that enables instant and secure electronic payments.

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 07:30 AM
When you buy tickets off Ticketmaster and you try to get more than the maximum allowed per person, will it just give you the highest limit or will some error come up and make you re enter you quantity.

millermt
04-18-2006, 07:35 AM
When you buy tickets off Ticketmaster and you try to get more than the maximum allowed per person, will it just give you the highest limit or will some error come up and make you re enter you quantity.

It tells you the maximum number you can order.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Maybe we should do the paypal thing so it doesn't end up that someone sends money.. taking like 5 days, then another 5 to ship the tix..

millermt
04-18-2006, 07:51 AM
Maybe we should do the paypal thing so it doesn't end up that someone sends money.. taking like 5 days, then another 5 to ship the tix..

Yeah, paypal would speed things up if people can't meet in person or aren't comfortable waiting to make the exchange right before the show.

Of course each small group can figure out what works best for them. Then the only question is how to distribute the extras to the rest of the co-op.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 07:54 AM
I just did a little reading over at PayPal's website. There's a fee to make a transaction? Lame.

millermt
04-18-2006, 07:56 AM
I just did a little reading over at PayPal's website. There's a fee to make a transaction? Lame.

Yeah, paypal isn't as good as it used to be. But paying a small fee may be worth it to ensure you have tickets in hand.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 07:58 AM
That's a good point.. if I were buying tix off someone here they'd get cash in a greeting card.

typeoserv
04-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Where are people located at, for a person-to-person ticket exchange,
i work in quakertown, but have no problem driving down to philly some evening if it would come to that

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm going to be living in Philly until May 10th. So I'll do hand-to-hands if we can do it before then.

Also... tomorrow I'm going to call the Tower and see what's going on, get a final word about the whole thing, as well as ask if the bottom is going to be seats or what, since someone said they take them out sometimes. The box office at the tower is only open on days of concerts and first-day ticket sale days.. and there's a show there tomorrow, so hopefully I get some final answers.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Typeoserv made a good point that since we all live around the philly area, we can do hand-to-hand transactions. But then again, we'd have to pay for speedy shipping so they don't come really late and we get screwed.

Maybe we should all say where we're from and if we can do that or not,,,

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 08:20 AM
I'd love to be a part of someone's small group; I will be trying to buy 4 but will only need 1 (my friend can't go). If there's still room to add me into that little group you guys are forming, count me in.

I live in VA, so person-to-person exchange wouldn't work for me personally. I'd be fine with Paypal, and sending the ticket by certified mail (the assurance of it getting there is worth the extra ~$4).

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 08:21 AM
I live in VA, so couldn't make any hand-hand exchanges. I would be willing to send quick paypal payments or use speedy shipping to send cash to anyone.

Also, my friend and I will try to get 8 total if we can indeed get 4 each, however we will only be using 2 of these.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 08:25 AM
I wish more people would post in here.. there's supposedly almost 20 on the list but only like 6 people post in here.

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah I just got in touch with my friend, he's busy. So I just need one....vying for 4....who's with me? =D

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Looks like there's a lot of people who are going to try for 4 but only need one. Those are the people that NEED to succeed, it'd help everyone's cause immensely.

electribe1
04-18-2006, 08:32 AM
I wish more people would post in here.. there's supposedly almost 20 on the list but only like 6 people post in here.

im in the ticket cooperative as well. i only need one ticket but im going to try to get 4. if i do..first come first serve to you guys at cost to me...no more. i refuse to jack up the prices on good people.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Okay it looks as if like 5+ people will be trying to get 4, but only need 1... this is good.

People so far that mentioned they're buying 4, needing 1:

electribe1
facelessDrone
millermt
Emophor
auralassassin (i believe)

...there's more I think?

turbanator
04-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I would like to help but I'm more than likely gonna have to use the 'rets credit card (which their not too happy about to begin with) since the tickets are only online & phone charge.

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Okay it looks as if like 7+ people will be trying to get 4, but only need 1... this is good.

Yeah, I really hope this group buy is successful, would be quite a feat for the tool fan community

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Okay it looks as if like 5+ people will be trying to get 4, but only need 1... this is good.

People so far that mentioned they're buying 4, needing 1:

electribe1
facelessDrone
millermt
Emophor

...there's more I think?

I'm in the same boat, buying 4, need 1

slicknickshady
04-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Looks like there's a lot of people who are going to try for 4 but only need one. Those are the people that NEED to succeed, it'd help everyone's cause immensely.

no, those are the ones you should hate because people buying more then they need is hoe this problem starts in the first place mike. thats why i'm glad nobody is doing this yet for the detroit show.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 08:41 AM
no, those are the ones you should hate because people buying more then they need is hoe this problem starts in the first place mike. thats why i'm glad nobody is doing this yet for the detroit show.

buying 4 tickets and having 3 extras only helps out us people on here who end up not getting ANY...

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 08:42 AM
People so far that mentioned they're buying 4, needing 1: (UPDATED)

electribe1
facelessDrone
millermt
Emophor
orbitalchime
Florida_Mike

slicknickshady
04-18-2006, 08:43 AM
buying 4 tickets and having 3 extras only helps out us people on here who end up not getting ANY...

so what you saying is they only reason they are buying 4 is to help the people out here who dont get any? They are not just buying 4 to sell 3 of them for more money?

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 08:47 AM
That's the whole point of this thread, man. We're not trying to scalp people. We want to keep the tickets in this group so real fans don't get dicked over.

To elaborate: If you have a group of 4 people who only need 1 ticket each, but are all gonna try for 4...if only one person succeeds, then they sell to the other 3 and everyone is still covered. If more than one person succeeds, they can sell to other people in this thread at base ticket price.

Florida_Mike
04-18-2006, 09:01 AM
I only need 1.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 09:04 AM
I only need 1.

Need 1 Buying 4? I'll add you to that list.

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I PMed millermt, since he seems to be kind of leading this buy-1-get-4 group. I'd suggest anyone in this situation do the same; it'll help get things organized.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 09:11 AM
It's probably going to be 2 groups..

Group 1

Buying 4, Need 1

Group 2

Everything Else

Emophor
04-18-2006, 09:13 AM
I think there were some people who needed 2 but are buying 4. We should get a count on that too.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 09:16 AM
They'll just be in Group 2.. a lot of ppl need 1 and are buying 4.. the rest will be needing different varieties of needs/extras..

jwb
04-18-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm in there too. Need one, trying for 8 (got my neighbor working for the cause)

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Sweet. Also, like someone said before with the whole taking out of seats for the bottom section.. if that's true.. there's going to be a lot more room for people, which maybe will equal more tickets?

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I PMd badshirt with my email, it sounds like he was managing this whole thing earlier. It would be nice to get an email sent out to all the memebers on how ticket distribution and stuff would work later in the week.

jwb
04-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Any tips on getting through? I usually just "refresh" the tool tickets page until it changes to "on sale"

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm just going to be hitting refresh and back.. hoping, praying I sneak on in.

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Any tips on getting through? I usually just "refresh" the tool tickets page until it changes to "on sale"

im going massage my fingers and work on my hand eye coordination and typing skills to try and zip through it. Like others said, just pre enter your account info and be familiar with the page layout so nothing suprises you. I'll be going onto campus to use the T1 line.

jwb
04-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks. Good luck to everybody.

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Yep, if you have access to a T1, use it.

Also be prepared that after you click "look for tickets," you have to do a word-verification thing where you type in the word you see.

Believer
04-18-2006, 09:34 AM
me and my friend are gonna try for tickets (for 3 of us). If we both happen to get we'll look to sell them here first. I don't know what all the groups and shit are but if don't happen to get can someone help us out?

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 09:44 AM
me and my friend are gonna try for tickets (for 3 of us). If we both happen to get we'll look to sell them here first. I don't know what all the groups and shit are but if don't happen to get can someone help us out?

I'm not sure on the exact group organization but as far as I can tell theres the umbrella coop with badshirt managing , then at least 2 others under it...

Group 1
Earlier posts indicate a smaller group spearheaded by millermt

Group 2(maybe some people here are in group 1 as well?)
Buying 4, Need 1

Group 3

Everything Else

It would be nice to get everything organized and a informative email sent out to all interested.

Suntorn
04-18-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm really excited about this tour. It's been so long since they have done a full tour like this and I think they are going to blow up the spot!! Can't wait for this show. =)

Florida_Mike
04-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Once we shut down who is "in" on this, we can work on a structure to make ticket redistribution fair. I believe the deadline is set for Thurs. I think they'll also need to be some active participation in the thread...you don't just get to say "yeah, I'm in" and then magically have access to tickets should we manage to get extras.

mosvar
04-18-2006, 09:56 AM
I think you should make a list now . going with the thread starter first and everyone who signs up after that......

Believer
04-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Fuck it, this list shit isn't going to work until we know who has tickets and who doesn't.

I'm just gonna anounce if I have extra and crawl on my hands and knees and start begging if I don't.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure on the exact group organization but as far as I can tell theres the umbrella coop with badshirt managing , then at least 2 others under it...

Group 1
Earlier posts indicate a smaller group spearheaded by millermt

Group 2(maybe some people here are in group 1 as well?)
Buying 4, Need 1

Group 3

Everything Else

It would be nice to get everything organized and a informative email sent out to all interested.

In your proposal, Group 1 and 2 are the same. millermt will be leading the "Buy 4, Need 1" ticket group.

Badshirt is the creator of this all, and watches over all of it, and since he falls in the "Everyone Else" category in terms of ticket needs and whatnot, he'll probably spearhead that one.

P-Digi
04-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I will have 3 accounts going for 12, needing 4.

I have emailed my info to badshirt.

If I happen to get NYC tix, I'll give all 12 away at face.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 10:17 AM
We've got a fucking army of ticket-buyers here.

millermt
04-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Ideally there will be as many small groups as possible with 4 members of the co-op in each group. It will be easiest to organize and manage this way.

Group 1 includes:
myself
mosvar
Emophor
1 more co-op member to be announced

What are the other groups in the co-op?

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Ideally there will be as many small groups as possible with 4 members of the co-op in each group. It will be easiest to organize and manage this way.

Group 1 includes:
myself
mosvar
Emophor
1 more co-op member to be announced

What are the other groups in the co-op?

There are several people trying to buy 4, sell 3. There could be one or more splinter groups made up of these individuals.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 10:34 AM
There's like 7.. so there can be a group of 3 and a group of 4 of them. Then a group of all others.

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 10:44 AM
People so far that mentioned they're buying 4, needing 1: (UPDATED)

electribe1
facelessDrone
millermt
Emophor
orbitalchime
Florida_Mike

If anyone needs to add their name to this list, I suggest you reply to this message and we can keep the list growing. Further dividing the list into smaller groups would then offer the advantage of making them much easier to manage.

Florida_Mike
04-18-2006, 10:48 AM
What we need to keep in mind though is there is an off chance that mulitple peopel in one smaller group each get 4 tickets. Then that smaller group would still have to distribute tickets out to the larger group.

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 10:52 AM
What we need to keep in mind though is there is an off chance that mulitple peopel in one smaller group each get 4 tickets. Then that smaller group would still have to distribute tickets out to the larger group.

definitely, smaller groups with leftover tickets should diffuse out to others who still need tix.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Naturally. This is about getting as many face value tickets as possible to people who need them on here and keeping them out of the hands of scalpers and on ebay. Distribution goes beyond your own small group. If everyone is statisfied with the tickets they NEED, the rest will spill over onto other groups. Don't take another ticket unless you ABSOLUTELY NEED it.

YetiGKM
04-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I need two tickets. What can I do?

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Try and buy 4 on the morning of ticket sales, that way you'll get your 2, plus an extra 2 for people on here to get for face value from you. PM "badshirt" and talk to him about what we're doing.

92ogt
04-18-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure if anyone knows but is there a ticket limit? And is it correct that tickets will only be sold online and over the phone?

jeds375
04-18-2006, 11:39 AM
I've pm'd badshirt about this last night and have been accepted. I will be intending to set up my younger brother to order 4. I will order 4. and maybe another college friend to snag 3 or 4. anyways i will only be needing two

YetiGKM
04-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Try and buy 4 on the morning of ticket sales, that way you'll get your 2, plus an extra 2 for people on here to get for face value from you. PM "badshirt" and talk to him about what we're doing.

Are they going to be on sale at the venue or will I have to get them online?

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Are they going to be on sale at the venue or will I have to get them online?

I'm not sure if anyone knows but is there a ticket limit? And is it correct that tickets will only be sold online and over the phone?

To answer both of you.. I've been told that the limit is 4 per person.

Also, I've been told that THE ONLY WAY TO GET TICKETS is through ticketmaster, either by phone, or by internet.

YetiGKM
04-18-2006, 11:51 AM
To answer both of you.. I've been told that the limit is 4 per person.

Also, I've been told that THE ONLY WAY TO GET TICKETS is through ticketmaster, either by phone, or by internet.

Thanks man. I'm gonna pm badshirt.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 11:53 AM
No problem. Welcome aboard.

millermt
04-18-2006, 11:55 AM
ALright, the first small group is complete. We have:

myself
mosvar
Emophor
facelessDrone

We will each be trying to buy 4, even though each of us only need 1. If we luck out and get more than the 4 our group needs, the extras will be optioned to the co-op. Since this particular small group will actually have 7 people (including girlfriends and relatives not going) trying for 4 tickets, I am optimistic that we will get our tickets and have extras to provide to the group.

I would suggest that others in the co-op take the lead in setting up other small groups of four to make things more manageable. Looks like there are enough people buying 4/needing 1 for another group of 4 to be formed from those people. Good luck to all!

millermt
04-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Need another reson to hate ticketmaster? Here you go...

Customer (Michael Miller) 04/18/2006 08:06 AM

I have read you limit the number of web page refreshes in order to thwart automated programs. I plan to attempt to buy tickets this Saturday for a very popular band playing a small venue. Usually I would sit at the computer and refresh until tickets are posted. Does this (new?) refresh policy mean I would be locked out if I do so? Is it just for an obscene number of refreshes, or do I need to be very careful about how many times I refresh the page? If I need to be careful about it, do you know how many times or how often I can refresh a page before I'll be locked out?

Thanks for any help,
Mike Miller

Response (Susan (Ticketmaster.com Customer Support)) 04/18/2006 01:24 PM

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unaware of how many times you can refresh your page before it disables use. Please limit the number of times your refresh to avoid any difficulties.

If you have any further questions, please reply, and include all previous correspondence.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We really appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Susan (Ticketmaster.com Customer Support)

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Sweet work miller.

I'll spearhead a group of "everyone else", but I'll wait til badshirt gets back and he can say if he wants to spearhead that one, as he deserves to, and he will also be needing more than 1 ticket but trying for 4.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Need another reson to hate ticketmaster? Here you go...

Customer (Michael Miller) 04/18/2006 08:06 AM

I have read you limit the number of web page refreshes in order to thwart automated programs. I plan to attempt to buy tickets this Saturday for a very popular band playing a small venue. Usually I would sit at the computer and refresh until tickets are posted. Does this (new?) refresh policy mean I would be locked out if I do so? Is it just for an obscene number of refreshes, or do I need to be very careful about how many times I refresh the page? If I need to be careful about it, do you know how many times or how often I can refresh a page before I'll be locked out?

Thanks for any help,
Mike Miller

Response (Susan (Ticketmaster.com Customer Support)) 04/18/2006 01:24 PM

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are unaware of how many times you can refresh your page before it disables use. Please limit the number of times your refresh to avoid any difficulties.

If you have any further questions, please reply, and include all previous correspondence.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We really appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Susan (Ticketmaster.com Customer Support)

Translation:

We're incompetent fucks.. this whole refresh thing lockout is just a convenience for other ticket buyers, which is why we have to charge you so much extra, unnecessary money when you buy tix from us. Thanks for being forced to buy tickets from us!

Susan Cuntie

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 12:21 PM
WOW. Fucking sucks.

I just refreshed a random TM concert page 10 times in a row, once each second, and now I'm blocked out for "several minutes."

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This just keeps getting harder and harder, doesn't it?

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 12:23 PM
LOL I just did that too. Then all I did was X'd out that browser window and clicked on ticketmaster in my favorites.. it worked.

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Ahhhhh, you're RIGHT. Excellent find....I was just over here with my stopwatch, timing my F5s 10 seconds apart and seeing how many I could do, when I saw your post =)

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Make sure you all have ticketmaster accountS!

millermt
04-18-2006, 12:34 PM
LOL I just did that too. Then all I did was X'd out that browser window and clicked on ticketmaster in my favorites.. it worked.

Good find mike.
I copied the url then refreshed until locked out.
As soon as I was locked out, I closed the browser and opened another, pasted in the url, and it was going to go again.

It also seems that if you leave a couple seconds between refreshes you don't get locked out.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up so you don't get screwed on Saturday though.

millermt
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Make sure you all have ticketmaster accountS!

Done.

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 12:37 PM
OK, here's what you can do to get around the refresh limit:

Line up a bunch of browser windows, like 10. The URL for this concert/venue is http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02003C919F5AE821?artistid=720703&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60, although that will probably change before Saturday. Copy/paste this URL in all the browser windows, but *DO NOT* hit enter. In the first window, just refresh repeatedly until you get blocked out. Then, close that window, hit enter in the next window to go to the concert page, and then refresh repeatedly in that one until you get blocked out. Repeat as necessary.

Also, note that if you refresh every second, you'll only get about 7 tries before it blocks out your browser window. If you refresh every 2 seconds, you get a lot more tries.

If you get blocked out, all browser windows that currently have Ticketmaster open will be blocked out. Which is why you don't go to the ticketmaster page in each window until it blocks you out.

edit: LOL, miller beat me to it, doh!

millermt
04-18-2006, 12:42 PM
OK, here's what you can do to get around the refresh limit:

Line up a bunch of browser windows, like 10. The URL for this concert/venue is http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02003C919F5AE821?artistid=720703&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60, although that will probably change before Saturday. Copy/paste this URL in all the browser windows, but *DO NOT* hit enter. In the first window, just refresh repeatedly until you get blocked out. Then, close that window, hit enter in the next window to go to the concert page, and then refresh repeatedly in that one until you get blocked out. Repeat as necessary.

Also, note that if you refresh every second, you'll only get about 7 tries before it blocks out your browser window. If you refresh every 2 seconds, you get a lot more tries.

If you get blocked out, all browser windows that currently have Ticketmaster open will be blocked out. Which is why you don't go to the ticketmaster page in each window until it blocks you out.

edit: LOL, miller beat me to it, doh!

Haha, love that this guy's in my small group. We think alike -- be prepared!

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't play around ;)

millermt
04-18-2006, 12:54 PM
The album just leaked. This place is gonna go down hard.

orbitalchime
04-18-2006, 01:27 PM
The album just leaked. This place is gonna go down hard.

Oh yeah? Did you get it yet?

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Holy shit, are you serious?

......... =(

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 02:21 PM
This place is going insane. HOLY FUCK

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 02:24 PM
I think I'm missing all the excitement. If there are OMG ALBUM LEAK!!!! threads popping up, then the mods are doing a great job of deleting them because I don't see a single one.

Good for them.

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah the mods are pwning hard.

auralassassin
04-18-2006, 02:38 PM
The album didn't leak. Bullox.

But yes, I am down with this... I'm going to be in Wifi. in Line in NY and on my phone... Good luck, and God speed.

I ONLY NEED 1 TICKET!!!

turbanator
04-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Not sure if this has been answered yet, but is this a seated show or GA?

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 03:01 PM
General consensus is that it's a seated show, but some say they can take the seats out. Your ticket won't read GA, though, most likely.

badshirt
04-18-2006, 03:21 PM
How are we doing, guys? Sorry I haven't been around all day - meeting.
I'll be around more tomorrow and will send out an e-mail to everybody included. Hopefully everybody will agree on a system.

Like I said - I need 2 but will try to buy at least 4-8 (depending on how many accounts I have the opportunity to buy with).

We'll talk more via some type of e-mail set up or this forum.
I don't have time to read these tonight (in & out) but I received a PM from

orbitalchime

since last night and he is in!!

I'm excited to see how this turns out. Hopefully its Dodally Dawsome. Enjoy today's rumor (the one that lands you in probation) and I'll see you all tomorrow.

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 03:51 PM
We're starting to form smaller groups of people who want to share tickets. One group has formed btw. millermt, mosvar, Emophor and myself, who all intend to buy 4 tickets but only need 1 apiece. If more than 1 of us succeeds in getting tickets, then we'll have extras to sell to anyone else involved in the co-op. I think others are going to form groups like these as well.

Smaller ticket-buying groups like this are gonna be easier to handle and organize than a big collective pot of tickets, I think.

jeds375
04-18-2006, 03:54 PM
--- Question regarding Ticketmaster account(s)

Say im logged in on my laptop with my email address ticketmaster login, and i have my younger brother set up back home on my desktop with the same login. is that a bad idea will confilicts exist? should i create a second account but then if i do that can i use the same CC?

l David l
04-18-2006, 04:04 PM
why is this concert getting the most attention?

i figured the NY shows would so i picked PA to try to get tickets.

delousedinthekitchen
04-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey,

As far as I know, the Tower seats can't be removed, and it will be a seated show.

Does anyone know if going to a Ticketmaster outlet is possible, or are they only available online/at the box office?

I would love to be a part of this co-op, I can buy 4 sell 2, and if we are allowed to buy tickets at the ticketmaster outlet, I'll be waiting outside around 4 AM.

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Only available online/by phone. Better find a T1 line.

slicknickshady
04-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Only available online/by phone. Better find a T1 line.

Comcast Cable Internet is the next best thing!

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Sorry for the lack of talking here.. I'm trying to digest this fucking album.

millermt
04-18-2006, 06:07 PM
So is anyone else going to organize other small groups?

It's easier to communicate with just 3 other guys (who are in your small group) and badshirt (the co-op leader). Also, imagine if we were all one massive group and one person was found to have gotten tickets and not shared them as promised. Then everyone who got tickets would be like, screw this, if he isn't sharing I'm not either. However, if we're organized into groups of 4, any damage done from someone not sharing their tickets will be effectively contained within that small group. It will suck if someone cheats the co-op, but at least the whole system won't collapse because of one person.

So anyways, I highly recommend that the rest of you organize into groups of four or so, and let the rest of us know who's in what group.

P.S. The album definitely leaked, but I didn't d/l it. I'm going to get by on Vicarious until May 2nd. Must. resist. temptation...

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Also, imagine if we were all one massive group and one person was found to have gotten tickets and not shared them as promised. Then everyone who got tickets would be like, screw this, if he isn't sharing I'm not either. However, if we're organized into groups of 4, any damage done from someone not sharing their tickets will be effectively contained within that small group. It will suck if someone cheats the co-op, but at least the whole system won't collapse because of one person.

Good point. The small groups are definitely the way to go, trying to organize a massive ticket sharing pool between strangers on the internet would be near impossible.

Emophor
04-18-2006, 06:17 PM
P.S. The album definitely leaked, but I didn't d/l it. I'm going to get by on Vicarious until May 2nd. Must. resist. temptation...

How can one resist TEH POT? Come on man, just try it...have one more song. It won't hurt you...

millermt
04-18-2006, 06:26 PM
How can one resist TEH POT? Come on man, just try it...have one more song. It won't hurt you...

Did you get it? The Pot is a bit tempting considering that will supposedly be the next radio release...

Oh and by the way, this thread BLEW UP thanks to badshirt's ticket co-op idea. Thanks again for getting this started badshirt.

millermt
04-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Emophor & faceless,

Did you guys get the e-mail from me with contact info? We might need that info considering the way people are getting banned left and right.

Emophor
04-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Emophor & faceless,

Did you guys get the e-mail from me with contact info? We might need that info considering the way people are getting banned left and right.

Yeah I got the e-mail. And I was about to naively ask about the bannings before I noticed the not so subtle warning at the top of each page.

facelessDrone
04-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Emophor & faceless,

Yep, sure did. Thanks.

badshirt
04-18-2006, 07:01 PM
I have everybody who e-mailed me and their contact info.

I think the groups should make an effort to hand off extras (if thats cool w/ everybody) We'll form groups tomorrow and Thursday.

millermt
04-18-2006, 07:09 PM
I have everybody who e-mailed me and their contact info.

I think the groups should make an effort to hand off extras (if thats cool w/ everybody) We'll form groups tomorrow and Thursday.

Our group of four is definitely planning on contributing all extras to the other groups in the co-op and only keeping 4 tickets for the 4 of us.

P-Digi
04-18-2006, 07:45 PM
whoever's doing the grouping, be sure to put me in there....

also, as for the refresh rule, I'm thinking it doesn't go into effect until the tix become available, after which you need to just wait once you get past the part where you order the 4 tix and best available. not fucking with it is the best option, I've had major luck in the past.

by the way, heard any good albums lately? Fuck I am going to be tired at work tomorrow.

edit: I thought this was cool, my friend is gonna bust into her veterinary hospital with the good internet and have some underlings man the computers there for us. crackin the whip!

mike tyson
04-18-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm still adamantly in on this.. especially considering how beautiful some of the new stuff is.

Fit4Demolition
04-18-2006, 08:44 PM
im fucking scared that im not going to get tickets. if i have the means i will buy 4 tickets and one of my friends will buy two i think, so i will have 5 tickets for 3 people, but i may have one more person to buy for unless he can buy for himself. i would like to be part of a group but im not going to be certain of how many people i have to buy for personally until tomorrow.

by the way, how big is the tower theatre? is it like HOB size? if it is then that is amazing. next best thing would be the TLA.

Fit4Demolition
04-18-2006, 09:14 PM
just got done talking with the uncertain guy and he is going to try to get 2 tickets. so as of right now i will try to get 8 tickets for 4 people so i might have 4 extra tickets

Strife21
04-19-2006, 05:27 AM
Well I sent badshirt my contact info and phone number. I will be on the phone calling ticket master and using my high speed internet connection at the same time trying to get tickets for this. I need 2 tickets 1 for me and 1 for a friend and will buy the maximum they will let me purchase if I can actually get through. I hope this works.

badshirt
04-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Our first official e-mail has been sent.

Groups are forming. Join the fun.

If I left anybody out please PM me again. (I think you're all covered though)

electribe1
04-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Our first official e-mail has been sent.

Groups are forming. Join the fun.

If I left anybody out please PM me again. (I think you're all covered though)

Whos group am i in? do i form my own group?

badshirt
04-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Whos group am i in? do i form my own group?

So far there are 3 groups. If you don't find one I guarantee we will get you into one.

Respond to all in the original e-mail and let them know you're starting a fresh group. I think you'll get plenty of responses once people get home tonight.

slicknickshady
04-19-2006, 01:52 PM
i hear the maximum is 2 tickets.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=17023&start=20

badshirt
04-19-2006, 02:18 PM
If the maximum is 2 tickets - utilize every account you can to get 2. I need 2 but will get four.

Moral of the story: buy, buy, buy.

facelessDrone
04-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Well, according to Mr. Ticketmaster Representative, who I just spoke with on the phone....8 tickets max.

Yeah, that's not a typo. EIGHT tickets.

badshirt
04-19-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm buying 8 per person = 16 - heyoooo

slicknickshady
04-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Well, according to Mr. Ticketmaster Representative, who I just spoke with on the phone....8 tickets max.

Yeah, that's not a typo. EIGHT tickets.

I hope to god it's only 2 tickets for the michigan date.

Florida_Mike
04-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Just an FYI, I think that using the board to communicate is definitely more efficient then email. My inbox is clogged as all shit, lol.

badshirt
04-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Florida_Mike
Either way is cool with me. Chat it up here is you guys would like. Just shoot an email to my address at work with groups that are formed.

There are currently 3 groups - try to communicate w/ those not in groups to form packs of 4 (your good idea, Mike). If anybody is left without a group by Friday afternoon we will take care of you. I promise you will not be left out.

Lets do this!!!!!

mike tyson
04-19-2006, 03:53 PM
8 Tickets?!?!

Oh and the one member of my group won't fucking respond to e-mails.. wtf.

slicknickshady
04-19-2006, 03:54 PM
8 Tickets?!?!

Oh and the one member of my group won't fucking respond to e-mails.. wtf.

I think it's only 2 Mike. 8 would be real weird.

mike tyson
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
It's 4 as far as I know. I called the Electric Factory concert people around here (I'd trust them over TM people).. they said 4.

bored&numb
04-19-2006, 04:01 PM
i just now checked my inbox, and it looks like a coathanger abortion.

amitface
04-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Question: How are you guys planning on distributing tix? Mail? Before the show? TM's TicketExchange?

badshirt
04-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Please reply to all - somebody above - and let them know we will discuss group forming here. Once a group is formed please reply to all.
When I get into my office tomorrow afternoon I will send a new e-mail - updating on groups and asking for people forming to discuss on here.

It seems to be pulling together w/ 4 groups so far: 16 people.
If anybody bails out we will not leave anybody dedicated hanging.

Therefore - if we get tickets we'll spread em around.

Good luck all. Sorry about the e-mail catastrophe.

millermt
04-19-2006, 04:05 PM
I called the local ticketmaster outlet, and he said the show isn't in his system yet, so he doesn't know what the max number of tickets is, but to call back on Friday. The maximum number may vary by venue. I know for sure it's 2 tickets for NYC, and it looks like the same for Seattle. I hope it's 4 not 8 for Philly. Eight will just make it sell out that much faster...

badshirt
04-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Question: How are you guys planning on distributing tix? Mail? Before the show? TM's TicketExchange?

It depends on who gets tickets. What do you have to lose?

This can only get more face value tickets into the hands of fans. You won't be sending checks or cash without the tickets in hand (I would advise against it) We'll work it out. Just get as many as you can.

The groups that are formed already exchanged contact - phone, email etc... just be in touch and find a way to exchange. If I have to drive a couple of hours I will.
We will work it out.

Trust in each other and do your best to get tickets.

facelessDrone
04-19-2006, 04:14 PM
It's 4 as far as I know. I called the Electric Factory concert people around here (I'd trust them over TM people).. they said 4.

I hope so. 8 tickets max means that this show could potentially sell out with only 3119/8 transactions - that's less than 400 people purchasing. For ALL the people in ALL the states going to this show.

3119/4 isn't great...but, fuck me running, it's better than 8.

badshirt
04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Keep the faith, guys. Hopefully it will work out.

mike tyson
04-19-2006, 04:23 PM
We have a lot of people here, and a lot of people associated with them trying. We're a force. Badshirt.. do you know who's email address is [email protected]?

They won't seem to respond to my emails about our specific group. If they don't respond by sometime tomorrow, we'll have to get another person/replacement.

badshirt
04-19-2006, 05:19 PM
We have a lot of people here, and a lot of people associated with them trying. We're a force. Badshirt.. do you know who's email address is [email protected]?

They won't seem to respond to my emails about our specific group. If they don't respond by sometime tomorrow, we'll have to get another person/replacement.

Her name on here is mandarose. If people don't respond I'm fine.

I think it may partially be my fault because of the e-mail avalanche. I'll send a new update tomorrow a.m. saying "sorry about all of the e-mails" , I'll explain the situation and ask other to use forum to form their groups.

I'll sum up the 3 groups we have and encourage others to join. We should probably give everybody until end of day Friday or even tomorrow.

If she doesn't respond we'll plug somebody else in. I know Florida_Mike is still looking.

Either way, nobody will be left without a group here - I just want everybody to know that.

Thanks again for doing this. If we all get tickets I'll be so happy.

dracomordag
04-19-2006, 05:21 PM
i'm really trying to go, but i have no idea if i could make it on a fucking wednesday night

i don't know how i could live if i missed them on this tour. this album has so far exceeded any expectations i could've possibly had.

at least if i miss them here, i can get tickets on their full tour... hopefully.

this is really tough

facelessDrone
04-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah, bored&numb's summary as a "coathanger abortion" is about right, haha. I kept up with mine over the day, but damn if I didn't get about 10 emails every half hour.

Florida_Mike
04-19-2006, 05:58 PM
I checked this morning before class and had 5. I wished I would have jumped in then, but I waited til after class and came back to 30 emails. Even the larger group (all 16 of us) isn't that large. We're here, talking. If someone gets tickets we're gonna know about it.

electribe1
04-19-2006, 08:14 PM
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE...lets win this one for the fans..fuck the scalpers

Fit4Demolition
04-19-2006, 08:32 PM
its too bad we couldnt contact ticketmaster and tell them our situation and work on a group deal or something. but they probably wouldnt believe that we werent going to scalp them and it basically would be a local fanclub thing.

anyway, can someone post the groups as of now to let people know where they stand? also, is there a better chance of getting tickets over the phone or online. is over the phone an automated system or an actual representative? damn, between trying to get plane tickets for my friends trip to LA on May 19th and getting tickets for this amazing concert im fucking getting swamped. When all is finished and it is May 17th i think everything will be worth it though, ha, seeing Tool one day and two days later flying to LA. damn im excited.

P-Digi
04-20-2006, 03:58 AM
its too bad we couldnt contact ticketmaster and tell them our situation and work on a group deal or something. but they probably wouldnt believe that we werent going to scalp them and it basically would be a local fanclub thing.

anyway, can someone post the groups as of now to let people know where they stand? also, is there a better chance of getting tickets over the phone or online. is over the phone an automated system or an actual representative? damn, between trying to get plane tickets for my friends trip to LA on May 19th and getting tickets for this amazing concert im fucking getting swamped. When all is finished and it is May 17th i think everything will be worth it though, ha, seeing Tool one day and two days later flying to LA. damn im excited.

unless LA falls into the ocean...

I have a good feeling about this, and I swear if we pull this off it's a huge win for the fans, and I will laugh in every fucking scalper's face on my way into the theater.

mike tyson
04-20-2006, 04:13 AM
I think we're going to do well. Also, keep e-mails between your small group, unless you have a general comment/question/suggestion that'd help everyone out.. then Reply to All.

badshirt
04-20-2006, 04:23 AM
I think we're going to do well. Also, keep e-mails between your small group, unless you have a general comment/question/suggestion that'd help everyone out.. then Reply to All.

I will post an update from my office later today: board and e-mail w/ groups.
Last time I sent one it was 3 groups. I hope more have formed. During some point on Friday I will be leaving my office so we should use the board as primary form of communication on Friday afternoon/evening. On Friday night (late at some point) we can post our groups (maybe I'll post official list). Its good to establish how many people say they need (I've kept count).

Saturday comes and our hearts will be pounding.

Everybody will have a group (I would prefer end of today to make it easier on all of us). If somebody is stuck without take em in.

Harry_Manback_1970 joined this morning. If anybody needs to team up he would be a good place to start.

Harry_Manback_1970
04-20-2006, 05:01 AM
I will post an update from my office later today: board and e-mail w/ groups.

Harry_Manback_1970 joined this morning. If anybody needs to team up he would be a good place to start.

Hi,
As Badshirt said I'm trying to get in on the philly ticket group effort. I need 1 ticket but will be trying to get 4. If there is any group forming that needs another member, please let me know.

Thanks
Jon

Fit4Demolition
04-20-2006, 05:12 AM
unless LA falls into the ocean...

I have a good feeling about this, and I swear if we pull this off it's a huge win for the fans, and I will laugh in every fucking scalper's face on my way into the theater.

if that happens my and my friends will just go to Arizona Bay, hehe.

it will be amazing if we all get tickets to this, if i get to go im gonna have to consider my self a little lucky since this will be my first Tool concert and it will be such a memorable one seeing as they are playing a place like the Tower.

delousedinthekitchen
04-20-2006, 05:37 AM
Hi,
As Badshirt said I'm trying to get in on the philly ticket group effort. I need 1 ticket but will be trying to get 4. If there is any group forming that needs another member, please let me know.

Thanks
Jon

did you find a group yet?

facelessDrone
04-20-2006, 06:36 AM
There are undoubtedly a lot of people trying to get tickets to this show, but honestly guys....I think we have a better shot at this than ANY of them. If there's any way to increase your chances besides forming co-op groups, being on ticketmaster hitting refresh every 2 seconds for 10 minutes before they go on sale, etc etc...if there's ANY better way than this to prepare for buying these tickets, I really don't know what it is.

For real. Nobody is taking this concert more seriously than we are, and that definitely is going to help our chances come Saturday morning.

Harry_Manback_1970
04-20-2006, 07:08 AM
did you find a group yet?

No, not yet. If I can get into a group I'll try and get four. Also, I know a couple people that are trying to get tix that are going to try and get an extra for me. They can't try to get any more extras than that, but if those come through I could potentially offer them to the group. If anyone wants to contact me about getting in a group, you can do it here or at [email protected].

Thanks,
Jon