Pages : [1] 2 3

Chris_Brightwell
04-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Tool
Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL
Sat, May 13, 2006 08:00 PM

OneEru
04-17-2006, 03:31 PM
anybody got any leads on tickets? some guy said he already got some for the boston show. i live right near this venue so its gonna suck if i dont end up going. hopefully they'll give toolarmy people a pre-sale.

GullyFoyle
04-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Will ticketmaster sell these tickets saturday online? I'm thinking about flying to this show or the Vegas show depending on which one I can get tickets too. Maybe even the Kansas City show as a last resort.

gf

amitface
04-17-2006, 03:56 PM
I may be flying up to Chicago that weekend, so I may be able to go to this show. I'm going to try to get some friends to get some tickets. This will be so intense

sweatyturtle19
04-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Holy shit! I had no idea they were touring the US this early. Hell, this is like three weeks! AHHHHH! I'm so excited!!!

randomhero8823
04-17-2006, 05:27 PM
is ticketmaster the safest bet to get them?

Ravager61
04-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Anybody have any idea how much tickets will cost?

nexus11313
04-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Based on the venue and the costs of other shows I would guess that tickets are gonna be $50-$65 each. As I stated in another thread (before it was deleted) I think midwestern TDN's should band together and buy as many tickets as possible to this show and sell (at face value) any unused or extras to fellow fans here on the boards. I'm going to try and purchase as many as I can saturday morning, all and any tickets above the 2 that I'll be using will be made available for sale on here. I hope others will do the same so we can keep as many fans in and keep the scalpers out.

amitface
04-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Isn't it harder to get tickets if you buy a lot at a time?

Ravager61
04-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, you specify how many to search for and if it cant find that many together, it returns none found.

Ocelot199
04-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Anyone check out this venue's website? The place looks pretty awsome. Hopefully tickets won't be too much...

http://www.auditoriumtheatre.org/wb/

I'm going to call them tomorrow to make sure they're going to sell the tickets from the boxoffice (per mike tyson's heads up) and post here letting you guys know.

Anyone else gonna be there the minute they go on sale? I'm already making plans for Saturday.

OneEru
04-17-2006, 08:12 PM
hey Ocelot199. so when it says that the tickets go onsale at 11am 04/22 does that mean they go onsale at the box office and online or just one or the other? i've actually never gotten tickets from a box office so yeah. lemme know. because if the best way to go about getting tickets is to go to the venue i'll be there. and yeah, ive been there for a dylan show. its a pretty nice place if you have decent seats.

Vlad
04-17-2006, 08:20 PM
My only chance to see Tool... holy shit I'm gonna be dissapointed if I don't get a ticket...

Box office or Ticketmaster?

Ocelot199
04-17-2006, 09:06 PM
hey Ocelot199. so when it says that the tickets go onsale at 11am 04/22 does that mean they go onsale at the box office and online or just one or the other? i've actually never gotten tickets from a box office so yeah. lemme know. because if the best way to go about getting tickets is to go to the venue i'll be there. and yeah, ive been there for a dylan show. its a pretty nice place if you have decent seats.
I'm pretty sure they go on sale at the same time at both the box office and ticketmaster. I'm gonna call this place tomorrow to see what their hours are and how much the tickets are (and all that stuff). I'll post here to let you know tomorrow sometime.

Box office or Ticketmaster?
Box office, definately. You can take the metro right into downtown, and the venue is only about 4 blocks away... easy to walk it.

chodeeza
04-17-2006, 10:21 PM
i am extremely excited to catch this show... i've never caught tool live via smaller than arena sized venue and it is a must. i will be really disappointed if tickets are really that hard to get ahold of. anyone have a venue size? please if it comes down to extra tickets i will possibly have some and would also appreciate anyone who has extras helping me out if for any reason they are sold out at the turn of 11am central time.

i dont feed on tragedy,

deeza

nexus11313
04-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the heads up Ocelot...I'm interested to see just how much they'll be. The last time I was in Chicago I think I may have accidently come across this Theatre while traveling down Michigan Ave. near Grant/Mill. Park. I've only been to Chicago a hand full of times, can anyone tell me if this sounds correct and has anyone seen any shows there before?

tooldude
04-18-2006, 05:29 AM
it doesnt matter how much tickets cost when it comes to seeing tool. hopefully i can score a ticket for me and my buddy. ill be going through ticketmaster.com since im a couple hours away. i cant believe they arent having presales for toolarmy...

smirk
04-18-2006, 06:45 AM
God damn I want to go to this sooooo bad.

Fucking truck payment will probly keep me home though.

M. Sagro
04-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Tickets are $66.66 on TicketMaster. They go on sale Saturday.

sweatyturtle19
04-18-2006, 07:50 AM
I just realized that I've actually been to this theatre before, just a month ago for a Colombia College performance. It is an amazing theatre, the acoustics are probably the best I've ever heard.

The place is kind of small though compared to big arenas...tickets will go fast for sure. (Keeps fingers crossed)

OneEru
04-18-2006, 10:02 AM
i just walked down to the venue and talked to the ticket booth guy and he suggested waiting in line. he said that usually they start selling them just a couple of seconds earlier and that there computers always run at the same speed.

Vlad
04-18-2006, 10:03 AM
April 22 I'm going to the box office, no later than 8 AM.

gunslinger69
04-18-2006, 10:15 AM
What time do you th9ink I need to get in line at the box office to GUARANTEE tickets? I saw the last small venue Chicago show at the RIV and will not miss this one. Any help? Last time I paid dearly.

amitface
04-18-2006, 10:17 AM
fuckin aye, i'm going to this show, and i have to buy my tickets from florida.

what do you suggest? ticketmaster online or booth?

Edit: I'm only going to this show if I get tickets.

Vlad
04-18-2006, 10:35 AM
What time do you th9ink I need to get in line at the box office to GUARANTEE tickets? I saw the last small venue Chicago show at the RIV and will not miss this one. Any help? Last time I paid dearly.

Call the office, etc, get there early. Camp out there if you need to. I might be taking the earliest train downtown, then waiting indefinetly.

gunslinger69
04-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Call the office, etc, get there early. Camp out there if you need to. I might be taking the earliest train downtown, then waiting indefinetly.

I might just camp out. If not it may be a 6am morning. I wonder how fast t-master will sell, as opposed to the box office. I'd hate to think of being 7th in line and getting shafted out of tickets because of online sales.

amitface
04-18-2006, 11:49 AM
A lot of other people from other shows are trying to get as many tickets as possible, and then distributing the rest to the people who don't get any, so we don't have to deal with scalpers. Anyone else interested?

I am going to try to buy two tickets from a Ticketmaster booth in FL, and I am having a friend from Chicago attempt Ticketmaster online. I'll try to see if I can get my older brother to get some as well.

If luck is on our side, I am willing to help out those in need. And if not, I wouldn't mind being helped out as well ;)...

Discuss.

(I live in Florida, but I will be in Chicago that weekend. I am up for mailing tickets and using Paypal, etc)

gunslinger69
04-18-2006, 12:31 PM
A lot of other people from other shows are trying to get as many tickets as possible, and then distributing the rest to the people who don't get any, so we don't have to deal with scalpers. Anyone else interested?

I am going to try to buy two tickets from a Ticketmaster booth in FL, and I am having a friend from Chicago attempt Ticketmaster online. I'll try to see if I can get my older brother to get some as well.

If luck is on our side, I am willing to help out those in need. And if not, I wouldn't mind being helped out as well ;)...

Discuss.

(I live in Florida, but I will be in Chicago that weekend. I am up for mailing tickets and using Paypal, etc)

I am in total agreement. I will try to get as many as I can also and post with extra. The cool thing about the last show at the Riviera was that all people were the die hard fans. No bullshit punks. If I get extra, I'll post on Monday---Good Luck

greekxj
04-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Hey guys! I'll be glued to the computer saturday hoping to get them. I saw their last 2 shows here but me and my buds never got a hold of the RIV tickets. So this time i wanna see them in a small venue. Im up for available tickets too like people posted eariler, i think its a good idea. I know the feeling of wanting die hard tool fans only to be at this show. There are a couple people i know that are talking about going but i know to them it'll be like seeing blink 182 or some crap like that. So im not even getting hooked up with them. I would rather see them sleep in (oops i forgot to call ya LOL)and someone deserving on here getting them. BTW, i emailed q101 about a ticket limit and they dont know, said to look on ticketmaster. Not there though. Does anyone know if there is a limit?

nexus11313
04-18-2006, 02:36 PM
I read that it was 8, but at $67 each I'd be surprised if many people were looking for that many. As for buying as many possible for sale on the board...I couldn't agree more. I'm gonna try and get as many as posssible to help those who can't get tickets, I just hope others do the same.

Ocelot199
04-18-2006, 02:54 PM
I called the venue a few hours ago, but they have extremely shitty hours, so no one answered. I got to talk to an annoying recording instead... It said that usually their box office isn't open on Saturdays, unless theres a special event. They also don't have Tool listed either on their webcalendar or on their automated system.

I'll call again tomorrow to see if I can actually talk to a person.

chodeeza
04-18-2006, 02:58 PM
anyone know if tool army gets a presale on this? if so it is worth joining to me... if you can confirm please do so, i too plan to buy as many tickets as possible and sell them on the board after my friends have a chance.

Ocelot199
04-18-2006, 02:59 PM
anyone know if tool army gets a presale on this? if so it is worth joining to me... if you can confirm please do so, i too plan to buy as many tickets as possible and sell them on the board after my friends have a chance.
No, they don't. Not for this part of the tour, anyway.

zac
04-18-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm going to try hard to get some online, but if I can't, I will be looking to buy 3 from whoever got extra, I'm 7+ hours away and can't afford to drive up to wait in line this weekend.

amitface
04-18-2006, 04:13 PM
I called the venue a few hours ago, but they have extremely shitty hours, so no one answered. I got to talk to an annoying recording instead... It said that usually their box office isn't open on Saturdays, unless theres a special event. They also don't have Tool listed either on their webcalendar or on their automated system.

I'll call again tomorrow to see if I can actually talk to a person.

Ocelot, I saw Tool listed on their website, if that's what you're talking about.

mosquito
04-18-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm going to buy tickets as well, I will post extras on here. I'm excited.

ethos
04-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Yah, I will be trying for as many as possible as well. Good luck to all!

Ocelot199
04-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Ocelot, I saw Tool listed on their website, if that's what you're talking about.
Yeah, its there now... wasn't yesterday though.

Vlad
04-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Will people actually be camping out?

Ocelot199
04-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Will people actually be camping out?
Theres a problem... I don't think their box office is open on Satudays...

So, maybe not.

amitface
04-18-2006, 09:04 PM
I've seen pictures of the venue, but will it be entirely seated? If so, that is awesome. If not, maybe more tickets will be available.

And for those wondering: The Auditorium Theatre has a total capacity of 3,929 seats, although for many productions only the main floor and first balcony seats are sold.

mikeisilluminati
04-18-2006, 09:10 PM
If someone could private message me, I would like to make an offer for a tool ticket to chicago, no Im not a scalper, I have a good connection, and mutualism is a good thing.

Seven Deep
04-19-2006, 07:40 AM
I'll be trying to for the 8 ticket limit at the Roosevelt box office. If I get them, I'll have 4 or 5 extra for face value. I'd expect you guys to do the same if you get lucky.

According to reed, this place has the finest acoustics of any venue in chicago, and I have no doubt in his judgement.

Vlad
04-19-2006, 10:06 AM
I'll be more than willing to buy off anyone who has extras (if I don't get one). Otherwise I'm going for my one ticket on Ticketmaster. I hope I get my timing right, down to the second.

Ocelot199
04-19-2006, 10:17 AM
I've been trying to call these idiots all morning, and they never answer their goddamn phone. You guys give it a shot... the number is 312-922-2110 ex. 0. It just keeps ringing and ringing and ringing...

If you get through, make sure to ask what the ticket limit is, and if their box office is going to be open on Saturday.

Ocelot199
04-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Woo-Hoo! I got through to talk to someone!!

The box office is gonna be open at 11, first come first serve on Tool tickets. $66.66 a ticket.

See you guys on Saturday :)

Vlad
04-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Woo-Hoo! I got through to talk to someone!!

The box office is gonna be open at 11, first come first serve on Tool tickets. $66.66 a ticket.

See you guys on Saturday :)

Holy shit. I'm there.

Ocelot199
04-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Holy shit. I'm there.
What'd you look like?

This is me: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=3020480&imageID=519489192&MyToken=138221ec-f6e7-4cc8-87e4-7d6c0bec4a67

I'll prolly be wearing all black and a trenchcoat, like a douche... cause thats just what I do. My names Erik... look for me.

amitface
04-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Son of a bitch, Ticketmaster better not fail me.

good luck to everyone.

3IOB
04-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Ticketmaster online for me...I have to see this show. Have to. Have to.

one
04-19-2006, 12:00 PM
i'll be giving ticketmaster online a try also. if i have any luck with getting tickets i should have a couple extra that i'll be selling for face value.

amitface
04-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Me too .. I've got two others trying. I'm going for two each, because that'll give me better chances.

This is so intense.

chodeeza
04-19-2006, 01:29 PM
yeah far too intense, anyone have reason to believe that those of us getting on ticket master at the time of sale will have a problem getting tickets? I would think everyone who is as proactive as us shouldn't have a problem??

amitface
04-19-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm just afraid that the Ticketmaster site will lag like a bitch. Some of the other Tool show tickets are going on sale at the same time. I'm afraid Ticketmaster will get swamped and the people online will be out of luck..

*cross fingers*

Vlad
04-19-2006, 01:38 PM
What'd you look like?

This is me: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=3020480&imageID=519489192&MyToken=138221ec-f6e7-4cc8-87e4-7d6c0bec4a67

I'll prolly be wearing all black and a trenchcoat, like a douche... cause thats just what I do. My names Erik... look for me.

Actually, I don't know just how risky going there might be. I'd imagine there to be a shitload of people waiting, so I think ticketmaster is the best thing for me.

amitface
04-19-2006, 04:07 PM
anyone find out what the max number of tickets is per person on Ticketmaster? 4? 2? 8?

Ocelot199
04-19-2006, 06:24 PM
You guys know that ticketbastard is going to lag like a son of a bitch, don't you? All the tickets for all the Tool shows currently listed there are going on sale at the same exact second... remember what happened with NIN's small venue tour last year?

You're all gonna be sitting there hitting refresh over and over cursing ticketbastard for being the biggest rip off son of a bitch since jesus as I'm walking out of the boxoffice with my nice sexy Tool tickets.

slicknickshady
04-19-2006, 06:34 PM
You guys know that ticketbastard is going to lag like a son of a bitch, don't you? All the tickets for all the Tool shows currently listed there are going on sale at the same exact second... remember what happened with NIN's small venue tour last year?

You're all gonna be sitting there hitting refresh over and over cursing ticketbastard for being the biggest rip off son of a bitch since jesus as I'm walking out of the boxoffice with my nice sexy Tool tickets.

Ocelot dont you know the meaning of TIMEZONES?

I would not talk shit because they could get them and you might not.

slicknickshady
04-19-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm just afraid that the Ticketmaster site will lag like a bitch. Some of the other Tool show tickets are going on sale at the same time. I'm afraid Ticketmaster will get swamped and the people online will be out of luck..

*cross fingers*

TIMEZONES PEOPLE!

eboyer
04-19-2006, 06:38 PM
i have a feeling that the people that camp out, the only ones that are going to get tickets are the first couple becuase the employee's selling tickets at the box office arnt going to work fast. and people are gunna get fuckin pissed at them for taking their time.

i HATE dealing with ticketmaster in any way. they are retarded as all hell.

im still up in the air on what im going to do for tickets, but if anyone gets any extra's i'd be more than happy to pay for one.

amitface
04-19-2006, 07:03 PM
TIMEZONES PEOPLE!

Kansas + Chicago at the same time .. that's about it. it's still gonna lag, man. A lot of people want to go to these.

And yes, if anyone gets extras, I may be desperate ..

chodeeza
04-19-2006, 07:06 PM
i must be lacking knowledge, how do the timezones cause the ticketmaster servers to not be slow? i'm in a different timezone than the venue so i was curious about its effect as well. appreciate the info.

Ocelot199
04-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Ocelot dont you know the meaning of TIMEZONES?

I would not talk shit because they could get them and you might not.
Did you try getting those NIN tickets? Even with timezones, it was still impossibly laggy.

Edit: Also, I wasn't talking shit. I was trying to be funny. Obviously I suck at being funny.

slicknickshady
04-20-2006, 03:22 AM
It's ok Ocelot. lol. I tried for N.I.N and i got tickets fine. No lagging on my part. I know a lot of people want to go to theser amitiface but the casual fans wont buy tickets because of the price. Like say they heard Vicarious on the radio and they are like "oh thats awesome let's go to the show mommy" there parents wont spend the money.

gunslinger69
04-20-2006, 07:16 AM
I would be happy to pay extra for four tickets if I crap out. I hear a lot of talk of face value sales which is nice, but, I would pay double for tickets if I get the shaft. Anyone who has extras can have my wife (or cash) if I can get them. Send any repy private. I'd hate to pay the leeches on ebay

amitface
04-20-2006, 07:24 AM
When APC sold out a few years back, I bought tickets on eBay for cheaper than face value, a few days before the show. It was quite amazing.

But cross your fingers everyone. It's an expensive show, so like slicknick said, only hardcore fans like us will want to go.

Just another question. What's the ticketmaster process online?

I have an account. Refresh (slowly) till it goes on sale, select Best Available, Find tickets. Do they get reserved at that point for a few minutes, or what?

tooldude
04-20-2006, 07:25 AM
so on ticketmaster where it says tickets go on sale at 11:00 AM... is that my time zone or do i have to do some conversion bullshit?

tooldude
04-20-2006, 07:38 AM
When APC sold out a few years back, I bought tickets on eBay for cheaper than face value, a few days before the show. It was quite amazing.

But cross your fingers everyone. It's an expensive show, so like slicknick said, only hardcore fans like us will want to go.

Just another question. What's the ticketmaster process online?

I have an account. Refresh (slowly) till it goes on sale, select Best Available, Find tickets. Do they get reserved at that point for a few minutes, or what?

tickets are $55.66 not including convenience and shipping... and they will reserve your tickets for like 2 minutes

amitface
04-20-2006, 07:41 AM
so on ticketmaster where it says tickets go on sale at 11:00 AM... is that my time zone or do i have to do some conversion bullshit?

11 AM Central. You should be good

I thought the tickets were 66.66 .. odd. I'm glad they're cheaper.

randomhero8823
04-20-2006, 08:51 AM
so is it 11 o clock eastern time or what? when do they go one sale in the central time zone?

amitface
04-20-2006, 09:16 AM
The times listed on Ticketmaster are in the venue's timezone, so 11 AM Central. 12 PM Eastern.

Vlad
04-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Never thought I'd say it, but the high price is actually a good thing, it lessens demand.

chodeeza
04-20-2006, 02:09 PM
tickets are $55.66 not including convenience and shipping... and they will reserve your tickets for like 2 minutes

hey man i'm in indy as well, i recently moved here -- i'm hella excited for the show... is there a tool scene or anything worth while going on around here? i've yet to find it and kinda disappointed in the amt of ppl who are rockin out around here?

Ocelot199
04-20-2006, 02:25 PM
11 AM Central. You should be good

I thought the tickets were 66.66 .. odd. I'm glad they're cheaper.
Tickets at the venue are 66.66, tickets on ticketmaster at 55.66 + 'convenience fees' and all that bullshit. Prolly end up being around 70 a ticket.

Strange, I've never seen them even out the price like that between TM and the venue... kind of lame.

chodeeza
04-20-2006, 05:06 PM
originally they were listed on ticketmaster at 66.66

nexus11313
04-20-2006, 05:22 PM
There are a couple of cool places over in Broadripple Chodeeza. I'm from Ft. Wayne but go to school at IU and sometimes will stop in Indy on the way through. Indy gets a lot of cool bands at the Egyptian Room and a bunch of bigger acts (like Tool) at the Fieldhouse and Verizon...it's a pretty cool as far as music goes.

amitface
04-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Is the ticket limit on TM 2? Seems to be that way for the other dates. Anyone know?

chodeeza
04-20-2006, 06:52 PM
yeah i've hit the bars a few times in broadripple and caught the private qotsa show at the vogue but that is all that has been worthy that has come through here since i've lived here. as far as i know anyway. i've been trying to scope some of the local bands but not much luck yet there either. thx for the reply. good luck on the tickets, i think if its limit 2 we will all be smiling saturday... except i need a nice toolian female to sell my 2nd ticket to lol.

There are a couple of cool places over in Broadripple Chodeeza. I'm from Ft. Wayne but go to school at IU and sometimes will stop in Indy on the way through. Indy gets a lot of cool bands at the Egyptian Room and a bunch of bigger acts (like Tool) at the Fieldhouse and Verizon...it's a pretty cool as far as music goes.

chodeeza
04-20-2006, 08:28 PM
where did you get the info that it is that way for some of the others? i didn't see it at the ones i looked at on tm, but i didnt check a few?

Is the ticket limit on TM 2? Seems to be that way for the other dates. Anyone know?

maestrotee
04-20-2006, 09:25 PM
I went to a music store here in my city with a ticketmaster computer for radiohead a couple years ago and was in the 'pit' with 60,000 people behind me. Anyone know if its better to go to a ticketmaster 'dealer' like a record store as opposed to online with my broadband? This will be my sixth time seeing this amazing band ... greatest fucking shows I've ever seen. We're all in for an amazing time! Also, if ticketmaster shits out, I'd be willing to pay muxh extra for anone who has them!!! They are like gods to me! Bring it Maynard!!!!

reedc33
04-21-2006, 04:57 AM
I had luck getting APC tickets for their small venue show in Chicago by going to a ticketmaster outlet at a record store in a somewhat obscure neighborhood in Chicago. I was second in line, that is I was number 2 or 2. I would suggest trying to find an out of the way ticketmaster outlet. This particular store, Coconuts, has closed. Those of you going downtown might want to split up and go to the Auditorium and also Tower records on Wabash, which I think has a ticketmaster outlet(you should double check on that, also check on their store hours...).

Seven Deep
04-21-2006, 08:07 AM
I'm asking my aunt to help me out tomorrow.
She works in a Krogers in a bumfuck nowhere town,
so hopefully they wont have a lineup.

thevirusunknown
04-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Well i have to work so it looks like ill be ordering them online.... heres hoping....

peripheral
04-21-2006, 02:16 PM
blair posted at the toolband website that they were not going to have an internet presale. i bougth 4 tix today (orchestra level row L) from a broker. does that make me an asshole? no, just really want to see this show. also, there are like 4-5 other major concerts going on sale tormorrow around the same time. whether or not you like bon jovi, there are like 10 million more bj fans and they will only get in the way when it comes to trying to buy tix from ticketmaster. anyways, i asked 'how do you know what row these tix are in, if they haven't gone on sale yet?' he said they were obtained through a fan club presale. either way, i'll be sitting pretty on the main floor. no mosh pit. no assholes elbowing each other. no mother fucking crowd surfing dickheads. i can relax and enjoy the concert in peace. i am an old man and my back hurts.

good luck with t-master. if not, cough up some dough for the licensed scalpers.

temporrari
04-21-2006, 02:45 PM
From the ticketmaster site:

Additional Information:
Please note that a TicketFast delay will be imposed on this event for a minimum of 72 hours, in order to enforce the 2 ticket limit.

So it looks like there's a two ticket limit? What the hell is a TicketFast delay?? Is this a good thing? Will this increase chances of getting tickets? I dunno, but I'm gonna try. If I don't get any I'd love to set up something if anyone gets ahold of extra tickets.

mosquito
04-21-2006, 02:52 PM
"said they were obtained through a fan club presale."

and you believed him? I'm sure they buy the tickets along with everyonen else. Maybe they have a special connection with ticketmaster, or they know someone that works there. Either way, that must have been expensive. And although Tool is a great live band, I don't know if I'd be willing to pay that much. 66 dollars is pushing it. Anyways, people shouldn't sell their tickets for more than face value.

rgardjr
04-21-2006, 02:53 PM
From the ticketmaster site:

Additional Information:
Please note that a TicketFast delay will be imposed on this event for a minimum of 72 hours, in order to enforce the 2 ticket limit.

So it looks like there's a two ticket limit? What the hell is a TicketFast delay?? Is this a good thing? Will this increase chances of getting tickets? I dunno, but I'm gonna try. If I don't get any I'd love to set up something if anyone gets ahold of extra tickets.

Ticketfast is where they basically email you the tickets and you print them out. So the delay is being implemented so they make sure that they enforce their policy of 2 tickets per name, address, credit card, ect ... This should make tickets available for more buyers, but if it actually takes 72 hours to release tickets bought on Saturday ... F5 for 3 days ...

sam959
04-21-2006, 04:57 PM
wow... take a look at ebay.. (search tool chicago) there's over 60 tickets being sold for this Chicago show. They say to check back at 11am tomorrow to see what location the tickets are... wankers...

tooljunky
04-22-2006, 06:31 AM
LARGEST VENUE ON THE TOUR (DETROIT) sold out in about 10 seconds.
good luck guys!

tigerf117
04-22-2006, 06:39 AM
I noticed, i was there trying to buy them, me and my g/f hitting refresh every second and tried to buy 2
no luck

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 06:51 AM
well what great news this is, fuck.

thevirusunknown
04-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Detroit is the largest venue? How large is it?

Didn't someone say that they called the theater in Detroit and they said that there were a lot of tickets already being held?

tooljunky
04-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Detroit is the largest venue? How large is it?

Didn't someone say that they called the theater in Detroit and they said that there were a lot of tickets already being held?

5000, this sold out faster then TO

tooljunky
04-22-2006, 07:01 AM
when do thes e go up?
I thought 11
wtf

furlano
04-22-2006, 07:02 AM
looks like they aren't on sale yet...

tooljunky
04-22-2006, 07:03 AM
looks like they aren't on sale yet...

time difference? wtf

eboyer
wow. wheres the tickets....

chodeeza
11 central, if youre eastern, like me, (indiana) then its noon

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 07:08 AM
i dont think anyone is going to end up w/ much in the way of extras but if anyone should, pm me and i will be happy to compensate you well versus giving my money to the ebay fucks

furlano
04-22-2006, 07:19 AM
I will try to get as many tickets as I can, and if I have extra's you can bet your ass that I will sell em at face value here. Those Ebay wankers (and brokers) really piss me off.

tigerf117
04-22-2006, 07:19 AM
I dont want to wait till noon, i've been up for 20hrs now, but i will cuz i got stiffed ont he detroit show

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 07:21 AM
do you fore see a better chance w/ this show versus detroit?

tigerf117
04-22-2006, 07:24 AM
worse prob, bigger city, smaller seats (i think its 3300) My best advice is pray. Hit F5 every second until u see the magic button (on the more info page) and type that word VERY quickly
then pray (and get on a very fast internet connection)

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 07:25 AM
yeah i'm only on 3mbit, fuckin shitty, only upside to this is 2 ticket limit while detroit had 4

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 07:27 AM
and did you do exactly that for detroit or was there some further circumstance preventing you from it?

tigerf117
04-22-2006, 07:32 AM
i misspelled that auth. word wrong and had to delete it, only missed 2 letters (nervousness i guess). My g/fs mom, and g/f didn't think it'd be a big deal, but i had this feeling like it was going to sell out way quicker than what anyone expected, and sure enuff, it even blew me away. I was astonished i didnt get them

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 07:33 AM
yeah, i honestly think it wont matter here, so many are showing up on ebay and what not, there is probably going to be atleast 5,000 people trying to get these tix online, the people who get them are going to have a 1 in 10,000 chance of getting the tix... ie the meaning behind the album! ha

tigerf117
04-22-2006, 07:34 AM
lol oh well, what're you gonna do? cept try

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 07:41 AM
well knowing my devotion, i will probably be extremely frustrated for the entire weekend and only release will be catching their big tour

mosquito
04-22-2006, 07:47 AM
time is soon.

peripheral
04-22-2006, 07:50 AM
i misspelled that auth. word wrong and had to delete it, only missed 2 letters (nervousness i guess). My g/fs mom, and g/f didn't think it'd be a big deal, but i had this feeling like it was going to sell out way quicker than what anyone expected, and sure enuff, it even blew me away. I was astonished i didnt get them

so, your g/f's mom likes tool? what is her fav tune??

Ravager61
04-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Damn, I am so neverous im not gonna get tickets and i can't afford to buy them on ebay.

Dolophane
04-22-2006, 07:57 AM
So...you know...if anyone manages to end up not going or come in possession of extra tickets...it'd sure be nice if you let me know in case I don't get any.

furlano
04-22-2006, 08:02 AM
gone

Ravager61
FUCK

tigerf117
nope

Vlad
ROFL

sam959
04-22-2006, 08:03 AM
I got that fucking "error message" after that "waiting in line" page for about a minute. cunts.

tigerf117
it fuckin locked me out b/c i hit refresh too many times
after that i had to close the browser down and reopen the page, i knew it was pointless, but i had to try, my g/f had no luck either

temporrari
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Vlad
ANYONE THAT HAS EXTRAS TO THIS CHICAGO AUDITORIUMSHOW: PM ME, I WILL GIVE YOU $20 ON TOP OF THE FACE PRICE.

tigerf117
04-22-2006, 08:04 AM
happen to anyone else?

furlano
i had a 4 minute wait time while it was searching for tickets.

mosquito
nothing

Ravager61
i couldnt read my fucking secret word thing so i misspelled it. Im so pissed.

Vlad
04-22-2006, 08:05 AM
I feel sorry for the chumps at the box office. Those tickets were gone in 90 seconds. 1st 3 ppl in line, I'm guessing, got any.

tigerf117
oh well, im broke anyways, i technically couldn't even afford the $70 to go, plus food
but I was desperate. Shit happens and you have to move on huh?

Fractals ROCK
I'LL BUY 2 EXTRAS!

PLEEEASE.

I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER.

PM ME.

THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

peripheral
04-22-2006, 08:06 AM
see you there!

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 08:06 AM
ANYONE get ANY tickets?

Sampson
04-22-2006, 08:07 AM
HOW THE HELL DID THEY GO THAT FAST?!!!

Seriously it could not have been more than five seconds.

If anyone has an extra ticket, I will pay 25 dollars more than face value, just give me a pm.

daminate
04-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Looking for 1

cr0nick
04-22-2006, 08:08 AM
looking for two tickets to this show. please pm

tooljunky
04-22-2006, 08:16 AM
gone soooo fast

mosquito
04-22-2006, 08:17 AM
now showing "limited view tickets" but they are sold out too

tomatoms
04-22-2006, 08:18 AM
looking for two tickets, will pay bullshit prices with pleasure, please pm

identity_theory
04-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I was ON the second they went on sale...got no error messages, no lockouts, etc.... but tickets were "not available." Something went screwy with the internet sale.

Ravager61
04-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Fuck. Hopefully the full tour wont sell out this fast. Although ill probably have to join the fanclub.

guard77
04-22-2006, 08:20 AM
I live 4 blocks from the theater so I tell ya'll what...
anyone finds me a ticket...kegger at my house preshow for T.D.N. members!

Sampson
04-22-2006, 08:20 AM
I was ON the second they went on sale...got no error messages, no lockouts, etc.... but tickets were "not available." Something went screwy with the internet sale.

Same exact thing happened to me, it was so dissapointing. The sheer logistics of it dont add up.

GullyFoyle
04-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Yeah me too.... I went thru there like stink on shit and they were unavailable in 15 seconds..... what the hell?? Anyone get any tickets to this online????

gf

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 08:21 AM
just paid $230 total on stubhub for balc 1 row L

as smart as tool is, did they not see this coming?
record company kept all the tix to resell like this or something? damnit.

maestrotee
04-22-2006, 08:22 AM
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the ticketmaster record store that i always have good luck at and they were closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please IM me with 2 tickets! I will pay good money and throw in my wife, child, dog (btw, he's a handsome white shephard), whatever you want. OMFG, please sell me a ticket!!!

jimmyjammer
04-22-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm going out of the country in June and this Chicago show will be the only chance I'll have to see Tool playing the new material in the next 2 years. If anyone has two tickets to sell or even one, please please PM me. Thanks.

identity_theory
04-22-2006, 08:26 AM
ebay if you're crazy. right NOW

thevirusunknown
Thats odd.... so apparently no one got a ticket?

Seven Deep
Can we make a rule that anyone who registered or came out of lurking in the last two months is ineligible for Ticket hookup?

fuck you guys.

mosquito
04-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah, with people willing to pay 230 dollars, that's just ridiculous. What a dissapointment.

identity_theory
04-22-2006, 08:28 AM
I want to KILL all of those scalpers on ebay....really, we should get together and dump thousands of gallons of shit on their vehicles, homes, faces, and grandmothers. cum guzzling dick sniffers

Sampson
04-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Can we make a rule that anyone who registered or came out of lurking in the last two months is ineligible for Ticket hookup?

fuck you guys.

Agreed.

HootyMcBoob
04-22-2006, 08:30 AM
I have one ticket in row I of the first balcony.

I need one more single ticket so my friend and I can actually come into town for the show.

another single would do. Or if some one has two seats that are worse than mine I could sell mine in exchange for you selling two worse seats to me.

If anyones got anything PM me.
I will pay over face value.

Ravager61
04-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Fuck toolarmy for not having a presale. I know its bullshit to have to pay 40 bucks to join but at least it would leave some of these scalpers out. I know NIN has had success doing fanclub only events in small venues.

sam959
04-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Yeah you're a bigger Tool fan because you have the free time to sit on the computer all day and post here. You're so special.

peripheral
04-22-2006, 08:34 AM
bought mine yesterday from a broker. the prices for seats much further away from where i (we) are sitting are more than double today vs. what i paid yesterday. pre-market activity was very good to me for this one. this will be only and last time i use a broker. it was worth it.

Seven Deep
04-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Yeah you're a bigger Tool fan because you have the free time to sit on the computer all day and post here. You're so special.

Thats not the point jackass.

Most of you dicks are coming in here and posting your "I needs" telling people you'll pay assloads more than what they're worth, without even bothering to read that the specific intent of the hookup is to avoid gouging.

peripheral
04-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Thats not the point jackass.

Most of you dicks are coming in here and posting your "I needs" telling people you'll pay assloads more than what they're worth, without even bothering to read that the specific intent of the hookup is to avoid gouging.

you use the words 'assholes' and gouging. it's called capitalism. deal with it.

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 08:40 AM
PPL WILLING TO PAY OVER PRICE - because apparently thats the only option
obviously it sucks having to do it and it would have been nice if tool would have played some bigger venues. BUT HERE IS YOUR RESOLUTION. GO TO STUBHUB NOW, you will be paying over 200 per ticket but you will get to see the show, so if you have the extra money and this is an invaluable, priority experience for you as it is for me, then go there to get your tix, atleast they gurantee them and fedex 2 day versus the bullshit many will put up w/ on ebay. but you better go quick.

anyone w/ balc 1 row l or close hit me up as that is where i will be sitting w/ my 3 days worth of work ticket.

dr. borracho
I was hitting refresh constantly with a 7mps connection. As soon as the ticket options appeared, I got through the secret word quickly and tickets were already gone. I swear it wasn't even 11:01 yet.

The ebay prices right now are ridiculous. Unless of course you're ridiculously rich. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask, but if anyone has even 1 extra ticket to unload, even if it's at the last minute (like 2 hours before the show), I will give my left testicle. Sorry, but the right is mine to keep.

Happy Earth Day

jimmyjammer
As a lurker, I don't want to pay more than they are worth. I just want to go. Had three people besides me working on tickets and we all came up short. I could go to ebay and pay out the nose but then I couldn't even afford the drive to Chicago. It's pretty pointless to ask on here anyway because I bet no one has "extra" tickets that they want to sell, at this point.

Seven Deep
you use the words 'assholes' and gouging. it's called capitalism. deal with it.

If you're such a fan of free economics, Stubhub has $760 tickets waiting for you. Go bother them.

tomatoms
04-22-2006, 08:41 AM
it's desperation, man. it's the heart of capitalism! sale goes to the highest buyer!

look, people aren't gonna come in here and sell to poeple out of sympathy, or who has the best sob story. they will go for who offers most. frankly, i can't monetarily afford it, but mentally, and spiritually, i can't afford to miss it. that's the dilemna. i tried to buy for 2 diff. shows online at diff. times, right at the 'go' buzzer and got denied.

i'd just like to add: fuck scalpers. fucking dirtbags. cocksuckers. they take tickets from loving fans with the only intent of selling them back at 6 fold the price the paid. that's gotta be the highest profit return of any saleable item in the world. and the fact is, with tool in such high demand, we all got raped, we got proper fuct by the scalpers or brokers or whatever the fuck u call the dicks that make a business out of fucking people that love the music and want to enjoy it.

Seven Deep
04-22-2006, 08:43 AM
yeah, the two ticket limit is going to pretty much confine any trades to people who get screwed over by work at the last minute.

peripheral
04-22-2006, 08:44 AM
If you're such a fan of free economics, Stubhub has $760 tickets waiting for you. Go bother them.

1) got my tix yesterday for under $200

2) over 2500 posts? you need to get laid...man, woman, or sheep

remedy4me
04-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Hey seven this is my third post. I'll send you a picture of my tickets on scented paper so you can smell my success, but I'll make sure I put it on soft paper and then you can wipe your ass with it. I'll see the rest of you newbies at the show.

chodeeza
any theories on what actually happened to all these tickets, since i have not seen one person on here that said they got any?

peripheral
Hey seven this is my third post. I'll send you a picture of my tickets on scented paper so you can smell my success, but I'll make sure I put it on soft paper and then you can wipe your ass with it. I'll see the rest of you newbies at the show.

ZING! good one

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 08:48 AM

did you get the tix thru TM the standard way that we all tried and failed?

i had 4 ppl total on it, 2 of them on business lines...

Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2006, 08:48 AM
FUCK TOOL! FUCK TICKETMASTER!! FUCK THE AUDITORIUM THEATRE!!! FUCK THEIR TICKET IN A HAT PROCEDURE FOR LINE ORDER!!!!!!

I WAS AT THE GODDAMN BOX OFFICE BEFORE THEY EVEN OPENED, I WAS THE FIRST PERSON THERE!! THEN THEY OPEN DOORS AND SAY THEY ARE HANGING OUT LITTLE TICKETS FOR RANDOM LINE ORDER...I GOT THE VERY LAST FUCKING TICKET AND THE LAST GUY THAT SHOWED UP GOT THE VERY FIRST. THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT!! THEN I RUN HOME AND I SWEAR I WAS IN TO PURCHASE ONLINE WITHIN 20 SECONDS AND IT WAS SOLD OUT, IT SWITCHED TO THE SHITTY SEATS, SOLD OUT....THEN I IMMEDIATELY STARTED LOOKING UP BROKERS, WENT THROUGH 6 AND THE CHEAPEST I SAW WAS $300 EACH...THEN I CALLED Q101 IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT...NO ANSWER AND VOICE MAIL WAS FULL - FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2006, 08:49 AM
FUCK TOOL! FUCK TICKETMASTER!! FUCK THE AUDITORIUM THEATRE!!! FUCK THEIR TICKET IN A HAT PROCEDURE FOR LINE ORDER!!!!!!

I WAS AT THE GODDAMN BOX OFFICE BEFORE THEY EVEN OPENED, I WAS THE FIRST PERSON THERE!! THEN THEY OPEN DOORS AND SAY THEY ARE HANGING OUT LITTLE TICKETS FOR RANDOM LINE ORDER...I GOT THE VERY LAST FUCKING TICKET AND THE LAST GUY THAT SHOWED UP GOT THE VERY FIRST. THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT!! THEN I RUN HOME AND I SWEAR I WAS IN TO PURCHASE ONLINE WITHIN 20 SECONDS AND IT WAS SOLD OUT, IT SWITCHED TO THE SHITTY SEATS, SOLD OUT....THEN I IMMEDIATELY STARTED LOOKING UP BROKERS, WENT THROUGH 6 AND THE CHEAPEST I SAW WAS $300 EACH...THEN I CALLED Q101 IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT...NO ANSWER AND VOICE MAIL WAS FULL - FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seven Deep
04-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Q101 probably yanked 300-400 tickets just for promos.

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 08:52 AM
INDIANAPOLIS

anyone going to this show from indy and looking to carpool, i am otherwise planning to go myself, pm me.

Seven Deep
04-22-2006, 08:52 AM

Good deal.

Make sure to send a setlist so I know what to expect in Toronto.

tooldude
04-22-2006, 08:53 AM
THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT. FUCK TICKETMASTER

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 08:55 AM
THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT. FUCK TICKETMASTER

got the money? get on stubhub quick, apparently that is where ALL of the tickets went, i've probably watched 2 or 300 go thru there since 10 mins after the sale

peripheral
04-22-2006, 08:55 AM
such a fucking sense of entitlement. don't know if it is just america, or if it is tool fans, or just people posting in here (including me), but what makes anyone think they deserve these tickets more than anyone elese?? EVERY ticket outlet uses random order.

tooldude
04-22-2006, 08:56 AM
INDIANAPOLIS

anyone going to this show from indy and looking to carpool, i am otherwise planning to go myself, pm me.

ill be there. that is if tickets dont sell out in 3 seconds

Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2006, 08:57 AM
such a fucking sense of entitlement. don't know if it is just america, or if it is tool fans, or just people posting in here (including me), but what makes anyone think they deserve these tickets more than anyone elese?? EVERY ticket outlet uses random order.

Not true at all...they used to do first come first serve

Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2006, 08:58 AM
INDIANAPOLIS

You got a ticket for sale?

Edit: I'll drive, offer no more than $120 for ticket, cover ALL FOOD AND BEVERAGES

chodeeza
i just hate the fact that it appears that atleast half of the tickets got in the hands of people charging 3-15x pricing

in a way its our own fault, they are not dumb, they worked their asses off to get those tickets because they new we would pay a rediculous markup... organization is what is needed, i know i paid it for a ticket, but if the tool community was organized and devoted enough to refuse to buy tickets at those prices then maybe we would see some change and prove that we are as elite as we feel we are.

peripheral
I'll see the rest of you newbies at the show.[/QUOTE]

..i'll be there too, and i'll be waving at you from row L. this is only my 5th tool show; does that make me a newbie? i would've been 6 shows, but the normal, il show (ISU) was cancelled back in 2002.

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 08:59 AM

sorry no, i paid crazy price on stubhub for one. they still have some but it looks like the decent tix at 'decent' (less than 300) price are gone or sparse

peripheral
04-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Not true at all...they used to do first come first serve

true, but they used to also let people sleep out for tix, which i did ONCE. it was all good from 8:00 pm until about 15 minutes before the tix went on sale (8:45 am??), EVERYBODY rushed the door and all of a sudden there was no line. it was fucking chaos.

tooldude
oh yeah.... FUCK TOOLARMY FOR NOT HAVING A PRESALE!

chodeeza
I'll see the rest of you newbies at the show.

..i'll be there too, and i'll be waving at you from row L. this is only my 5th tool show; does that make me a newbie? i would've been 6 shows, but the normal, il show (ISU) was cancelled back in 2002.[/QUOTE]

i got screwed on that show also

row l balcony 1??

Dolophane
$60 for a show is a lot. I can't really afford any more than that. Aw well, I didn't have much hope to begin with.

Inner_Eulogy
sorry no, i paid crazy price on stubhub for one. they still have some but it looks like the decent tix at 'decent' (less than 300) price are gone or sparse

I can't afford to pay $300 for one ticket

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 09:02 AM
I can't afford to pay $300 for one ticket

hey act quick, if you can afford 200, there are some balc 1 right now for 179

Inner_Eulogy
If anybody has a spare ticket I'll pay a fair price, offer the drive there and back, all the food and beer you can drink.

peripheral
..i'll be there too, and i'll be waving at you from row L. this is only my 5th tool show; does that make me a newbie? i would've been 6 shows, but the normal, il show (ISU) was cancelled back in 2002.

row l balcony 1??[/QUOTE]

lol...i hate Q101, and as a result, i didn't listen to the radio that day. i drove all the way to ISU, stopped at jimmy johns for a sandwich, and picked up the Daily Vidette (school newspaper; semi-proud alumni), with the headline 'TOOL SHOW CANCELLED'. at least it was only a 2 hour drive there.
row L = 15th row center

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 09:04 AM

row l balcony 1??

lol...i hate Q101, and as a result, i didn't listen to the radio that day. i drove all the way to ISU, stopped at jimmy johns for a sandwich, and picked up the Daily Vidette, with the headline 'TOOL SHOW CANCELLED'. at least it was only a 2 hour drive there.
row L = 15th row center[/QUOTE]

damn man, how did you get down there? oh you are the one who paid a broker in advance right? curious, who did you use?

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 09:07 AM
If anybody has a spare ticket I'll pay a fair price, offer the drive there and back, all the food and beer you can drink.

hey i noticed you mentioned 120, for 200 you can get one balc 1 row n, basically what i got for 20 bucks more than that, or there are galleries for 150+fees... i hate it as much as everyone else, but when it is my only option, money isnt a factor... well it would be if i didnt have a cc

Seven Deep
04-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Time to sit through peoples awful Last Letters at noon.

peripheral
04-22-2006, 09:35 AM
damn man, how did you get down there? oh you are the one who paid a broker in advance right? curious, who did you use?

coast to coast tickets...they were $185 yesterday, and now they are almost $500 for seats behind mine. crazy!!

HootyMcBoob
04-22-2006, 09:37 AM
I have one ticket to the show that I got off ticketmaster this morning.

I'll be selling it unless i can find a second ticket at a reasonable price, which doesn't look like its going to happen.

If anyone happens to have a minneapolis ticket, I'll trade a chicago for a minneapolis.

peripheral
04-22-2006, 09:37 AM

coast to coast tickets...they were $185 yesterday, and now they are almost $500 for seats behind mine. crazy!!

anyone notice how crowded it is in here right now? everyone who needs* a ticket should go to the broker websites. only chance.

*need = $$$$$

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 09:41 AM

anyone notice how crowded it is in here right now? everyone who needs* a ticket should go to the broker websites. only chance.

*need = $$$$$

more leading me to believe that brokers got basically all these tickets.
good play though, i seriously thought i'd have a chance w/ multiple people going at it after figuring a 1 in 6 chance at 2 ticket limit but anyways, enjoy your killer seats, i certainly don't think i'll have a bad view from balc 1

peripheral
04-22-2006, 09:42 AM

Edit: I'll drive, offer no more than $120 for ticket, cover ALL FOOD AND BEVERAGES

just curious...are you familiar with george carlin's rules of the roads??

(hint: it involves a special kiss to the drivers genitals and i am NOT offering a ride)

Asclepius
04-22-2006, 09:44 AM
So here's the deal. The theater released a block of tickets to ticketmaster, a block to the promoters/production, and kept a block for themselves. The one's that sold at the box office were NOT the one's selling at ticketmaster.

...oh and to the kid who laughed at me for walking in last-in-line, it was shear pleasure to watch your response when the guy said no more left. From the looks of things you'd been there for at least a couple hours.

peripheral
04-22-2006, 09:48 AM
anyone suffering right now due to a lack of tickets...remember this tidbit:

pain is an illusion. SPRIAL OUT!!

remedy4me
04-22-2006, 09:49 AM
I'll see the rest of you newbies at the show.

..i'll be there too, and i'll be waving at you from row L. this is only my 5th tool show; does that make me a newbie? i would've been 6 shows, but the normal, il show (ISU) was cancelled back in 2002.[/QUOTE]

I just meant newbie on this board. This will by my third Tool show. I was able to get Kansas City tickets as well which is closer to me so I sold my Chicago tickets to a buddy at face. I've never seen anything like this...but we need to remember that they will be back to all of these cities in the fall, and probalby twice if it is like the last tour. Get your toolarmy membership now.

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 09:51 AM

*need = $$$$$

good play though, i seriously thought i'd have a chance w/ multiple people going at it after figuring a 1 in 6 chance at 2 ticket limit but anyways, enjoy your killer seats, i certainly don't think i'll have a bad view from balc 1

emf
04-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Got 2 tickets 4 chicago paid alot for them balc1 $220. each

murphy06
04-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Even after the place seems sold out, don't give up. I needed 3 tickets total, which is tough with a 2 ticket limit. I managed to pick up the first pair online almost instantly at 11:00am. We got the 3rd ticket also online at 11:45am after being told there was no more tickets about a couple hundred times. They apparently released another batch of limited view tickets well after everything else was gone.

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 10:08 AM

*need = $$$$$

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Even after the place seems sold out, don't give up. I needed 3 tickets total, which is tough with a 2 ticket limit. I managed to pick up the first pair online almost instantly at 11:00am. We got the 3rd ticket also online at 11:45am after being told there was no more tickets about a couple hundred times. They apparently released another batch of limited view tickets well after everything else was gone.

where are your seats?

murphy06
04-22-2006, 10:13 AM
where are your seats?

Pair is BALC 2 Row E
Single BALC 1 Row W

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Pair is BALC 2 Row E
Single BALC 1 Row W

cool... after i ended up paying someone 250% value for a ticket i got to thinking 'damn what if i would have gotten a gallery ticket from ticketmaster and ended up with a "limited view" -- i would rather pay the money than have a shitty view.

one
04-22-2006, 10:25 AM
limited view here :) at least i have a ticket in hand i guess.

Delta_Zero
04-22-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm so disappointed. I knew they would be tough to get, but they sold out in a matter of seconds? I was refreshing up until I saw the option to buy and BAM, they were gone.

I would've loved to go to this tour. I never saw Tool before. I hope to God the big arena tours aren't this crazy.

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 10:36 AM
i've never had a prob w/ the big tours, been to several in the past, which is why it is so important for me to go to this show, the most intimate possible... i figured there is no way i can justify having a $450 tool inspired tat and not pay whatever it takes to catch my dream concert.

peripheral
04-22-2006, 10:45 AM
yeah, the MAIN reason(s) i was willing to pay $185 was because this venue is f'n amazing. i read the history (over 100 years old), read about the perfect acoustical design, i looked at the pictures, and came to the conclusion that this could be the best concert i ever have a chance to see, so f' it. this memory will be tattooed on my brain. only other band i would consider doing this 4 would be radiohead...but that's just me.

edit: holy schnikeys..radiohead are playing 2 shows at the auditorium theatre in june! sweet!

One Dark Flame
04-22-2006, 10:48 AM
If anyone has 2-3 extra tickets please let me know.

peripheral
04-22-2006, 10:49 AM
chodeeza (indy)...my 1st tool show was at deer creek in 2001. that place is kick ass. reminds me of alpine valley in wisconsin. anyways, we jumped the rail into the seats, smoked a joint, which i do not condone nor partake anymore, and...wow. probably still my favorite show, though my memory is a bit hazy. i was so pumped and so excited that my adrenaline was pumping 100%. i fully expect the same exact thing for this show.

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 11:06 AM
yeah, the MAIN reason(s) i was willing to pay $185 was because this venue is f'n amazing. i read the history (over 100 years old), read about the perfect acoustical design, i looked at the pictures, and came to the conclusion that this could be the best concert i ever have a chance to see, so f' it. this memory will be tattooed on my brain. only other band i would consider doing this 4 would be radiohead...but that's just me.

edit: holy schnikeys..radiohead are playing 2 shows at the auditorium theatre in june! sweet!

no kidding?!?!

i've seen them once and it was beautiful as well... any idea on sale date (probably this same scenario again, and i wouldnt be willing to pay like this for anyone but tool... maybe go your route next time)

Ocelot199
04-22-2006, 11:07 AM
I just got back from Chicago... got there to stand in line just after 9 and stood around waiting. Met a few people who post here too.

I got so screwed. I was at the counter, talking to this fucking retard who was going as slow as he possibly could as he looked for tickets, and they sold out. The four people in line before me went to the other window and got tickets, and I got nothing.

You have no idea how pissed I am. My friend ended up with 2 tickets, so I might be able to talk her into letting me go... hopefully.

I seriously hope that fucking teller gets AIDS and dies.

For everyone there, I'm the guy who shouted "FUCK" as loud as I could right when they sold out.

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 11:09 AM
chodeeza (indy)...my 1st tool show was at deer creek in 2001. that place is kick ass. reminds me of alpine valley in wisconsin. anyways, we jumped the rail into the seats, smoked a joint, which i do not condone nor partake anymore, and...wow. probably still my favorite show, though my memory is a bit hazy. i was so pumped and so excited that my adrenaline was pumping 100%. i fully expect the same exact thing for this show.

hey man same here. except i was rolling my balls off thinking 'this is the best thing that ever happened to me.' same here, this is the best way to get a piece of that first show action back, a very unique show. as said, the best venue in chicago, meaning it has to be one of the best in the country.

deer creek, now verizon wireless is a piece of shit, i know the setup is pretty sweet but all of their tickets are way over priced and the security is absolutely rediculous, i havent gone there in years because the last i was there you could barely dance w/o a guard telling you to stand still. (little exagg) but basically i havent cared for it much since verizon bought it and put the militia in force.

are you indy local?

Ocelot199
04-22-2006, 11:10 AM
A lot of people here are saying that the Ticketmaster tickets sold out in a minute or two... I guess that means that the tickets selling at the venue were a seperate batch or something... they sold out right around 11:40 there.

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 11:14 AM
A lot of people here are saying that the Ticketmaster tickets sold out in a minute or two... I guess that means that the tickets selling at the venue were a seperate batch or something... they sold out right around 11:40 there.

damnit... sorry about your luck but i seriously would have camped at the venue if i was better informed about that. did you happen to see people getting orchestra (floor) tickets?

Ocelot199
04-22-2006, 11:15 AM
damnit... sorry about your luck but i seriously would have camped at the venue if i was better informed about that. did you happen to see people getting orchestra (floor) tickets?
What do you mean by 'floor tickets'?

Dolophane
04-22-2006, 11:19 AM
I clicked the option for Best Available right as it turned 11 and by the time the site stopped looking for tickets (a whole minute had gone by) they were gone.

How in the sam hell did people get tickets?

Ocelot199
04-22-2006, 11:21 AM
I clicked the option for Best Available right as it turned 11 and by the time the site stopped looking for tickets (a whole minute had gone by) they were gone.

How in the sam hell did people get tickets?
The venue must have held a bunch or something so they wouldn't be sucked up on ticketmaster.

Like I said, people were getting tickets up until I got to the booth and they sold out.

I feel like crying :(

I'm contemplating spending way too much money on ebay for some :/

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 11:25 AM
What do you mean by 'floor tickets'?
not balcony

ps don't use ebay, go to stubhub, they gurantee your tickets and are currently cheaper than ebay. $200 and some change will get you a decent balcony 1 or 2 still i think -- 300 and you'll get good balcony 1, which is what i got for 230 right when they started showing up there.

collapsed shell
04-22-2006, 11:28 AM
ANYONE HAVE TWO CHICAGO TICKETS THEY WOULD WANT TO TRADE FOR DETROIT?

XXSpiralOUTXX
04-22-2006, 11:30 AM
ANYONE WITH AN EXTRA TICKET PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL PAY CASH FOR IT...PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT...THANKS

Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2006, 11:37 AM
just curious...are you familiar with george carlin's rules of the roads??

(hint: it involves a special kiss to the drivers genitals and i am NOT offering a ride)

Ok, let me rephrase that....I offered the ride there and back, food and beer...there's a stipulation that restricts queers like you

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Ok, let me rephrase that....I offered the ride there and back, food and beer...there's a stipulation that restricts queers like you

did you decide against picking up a stubhub ticket? (still $200 for balc 2 tho)

Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2006, 11:47 AM
did you decide against picking up a stubhub ticket? (still $200 for balc 2 tho)

Actually, I was just about to click accept on it but then my sister in AZ called me and said she was able to get 2 tickets right in the front 16th row. I'm buying a plane ticket instead.....16TH ROW!!! FUCKING AWESOME

mosquito
04-22-2006, 11:52 AM
So, what does limited view mean? Anyone been to this venue and could explain?

Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2006, 11:55 AM

Means bring your grandma's spectacles..lol

laur431
04-22-2006, 11:56 AM
I just got decent seats from Stubhub for about $190 a piece for the Minneapolis show...
I also paid $565 for 2 seats for the Chicago show on Ebay
This sucks.

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Actually, I was just about to click accept on it but then my sister in AZ called me and said she was able to get 2 tickets right in the front 16th row. I'm buying a plane ticket instead.....16TH ROW!!! FUCKING AWESOME

wow, congrats

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 11:59 AM
I just got decent seats from Stubhub for about $190 a piece for the Minneapolis show...
I also paid $565 for 2 seats for the Chicago show on Ebay
This sucks.

what are your seats for chicago?

eulogist
im so disappointed man ticketmaster wouldn't fuckin let me buy the godam tickets
but i still have a chance with a friend of a friend being a ticket broker but most likely prices are gonna be through the roof

what site did you guys go to?

chodeeza
im so disappointed man ticketmaster wouldn't fuckin let me buy the godam tickets
but i still have a chance with a friend of a friend being a ticket broker but most likely prices are gonna be through the roof

what site did you guys go to?

stubhub.com still has alot man, prepare to pay though.

snydkev
04-22-2006, 12:00 PM

It means your sitting behind a support post for the balcony or gallery above you.

mosquito
04-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if it's even worth going then.

one
04-22-2006, 12:06 PM
if you go to www.auditoriumtheatre.org you can pull up a seating chart to see exactly where you are sitting. i see i have a nice big post right in front of me :)

HootyMcBoob
04-22-2006, 12:13 PM
I've got one ticket for sale.

Row I of the first balcony.

Pm me if you're interested.

eulogist
04-22-2006, 12:13 PM
any one with extras willin to sell? i need 2 plz

peripheral
04-22-2006, 12:14 PM

1) i am not queer

2) you'll be looking at the back of my head because i'm in the 15th row. hopefully i am much taller than you so you have troubling viewing the stage

peripheral
04-22-2006, 12:18 PM
hey man same here. except i was rolling my balls off thinking 'this is the best thing that ever happened to me.' same here, this is the best way to get a piece of that first show action back, a very unique show. as said, the best venue in chicago, meaning it has to be one of the best in the country.

deer creek, now verizon wireless is a piece of shit, i know the setup is pretty sweet but all of their tickets are way over priced and the security is absolutely rediculous, i havent gone there in years because the last i was there you could barely dance w/o a guard telling you to stand still. (little exagg) but basically i havent cared for it much since verizon bought it and put the militia in force.

are you indy local?

no, i live near chicago. during the 2001-2002 tour, i saw them in indy twice, milwauke, chicago twice, and had tickets to normal, il (cancelled) and the quad cities, but i gave them to my brother (very nice of me!).
in regard to radiohead, they have it posted at the radiohead website (green plastic). it is not yet posted at the auditorium website. tix on sale 5/6/06 10:00 am.

IamAJAMBI
04-22-2006, 12:23 PM
I got 1 ticket for this show, I was thinking of making the drive, but I'd much rather trade for a ticket to the detroit show. So if anyone is interested let me know, the ticket is in Balcony 1, RowQ, Seat 601.

Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2006, 12:23 PM
1) i am not queer

2) you'll be looking at the back of my head because i'm in the 15th row. hopefully i am much taller than you so you have troubling viewing the stage

I'll be at the show in Tempe, AZ genius. So apparently 1) you're an illiterate dipshit and 2) you're still a queer

souldaddy
04-22-2006, 12:28 PM
anyone has any tickets that they're willing to part with for a reasonable price... send me a private message

i'm looking for 3 =/

peripheral
04-22-2006, 12:29 PM
I'll be at the show in Tempe, AZ genius. So apparently 1) you're an illiterate dipshit and 2) you're still a queer

you were an angry little boy before you had your tickets, and now you are thumping your chest like king kong. here's to hoping the AZ show is cancelled just for you. also, i am glad you aren't sitting behind me because i am 6'3" & 225 lbs and you probably would've kicked my ass (yeah right). please insult me more tiny.

sleepInsom
04-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Went there this morning to buy some tickets. The people coordinating everything screwed up big time. The line was cut in half and people were pissed because there was no order. Anyway, got my tickets. Back of balcony 1...limited view :/

Ocelot199
04-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Went there this morning to buy some tickets. The people coordinating everything screwed up big time. The line was cut in half and people were pissed because there was no order. Anyway, got my tickets. Back of balcony 1...limited view :/
Yeah man, that was such total bullshit. I was so pissed about that.

Know how they numbered us off as we walked in? I was 60, the guys in front of me in line ended up being 75.

What a fucking rip.

I'm buying tickets off stubhub. Fuck money.

Ocelot199
04-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Well wow, I just spend 500 bucks on Tool tickets.

1st back, center, row H.

220 a head.

Hopefully I can get some of that back...

chodeeza
04-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Well wow, I just spend 500 bucks on Tool tickets.

1st back, center, row H.

220 a head.

Hopefully I can get some of that back...

is that 220 after the fees included w/ stubhub? becuse i paid 189 + fees = $230 for balc 1 row l... just wondering

sleepInsom
04-22-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm just kinda pissed I have to some rows behind a damn pillar.