View Full Version : 2006/05/12 - Minneapolis, MN - Orpheum Theatre

Chris_Brightwell
04-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Tool
Orpheum Theatre, Minneapolis, MN
Fri, May 12, 2006 08:00 PM

piston390
04-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Let's see... mall opens at 10. Tickets go on sale at 12. Damn, I'm gonna be waking up early for this one.

I'm prepared this time though, gonna go pick up some of my friends and take shifts waiting in line. Piece of cake. 3.5 hours of waiting in line is nothing. Better safe than sorry.

Bonk
04-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Hell yeah. Im there... i could care less about any other obligations i might have.

Alcawhorlick
04-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Let's see... mall opens at 10. Tickets go on sale at 12. Damn, I'm gonna be waking up early for this one.

I'm prepared this time though, gonna go pick up some of my friends and take shifts waiting in line. Piece of cake. 3.5 hours of waiting in line is nothing. Better safe than sorry.

So you're going to actually go to ticketmaster? Is that a better plan than ordering by phone/internet?

John Doggett
04-18-2006, 02:38 PM
I'll be there if anyone wants anything signed.

Drozz
04-18-2006, 11:41 PM
i'm planning on going

assuming getting tickets too hard.

John Doggett
04-19-2006, 01:25 AM
On second thought, I'm not going if this is actually the new album.

piston390
04-19-2006, 11:43 AM
So you're going to actually go to ticketmaster? Is that a better plan than ordering by phone/internet?
much much better IMO.

Drozz
04-19-2006, 08:05 PM
On second thought, I'm not going if this is actually the new album.

You're pretty fickle aren't you?

John Doggett
04-19-2006, 11:38 PM
No, I didn't hear the piece of crap when I first posted.

identitat soldat
04-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Alright, my friend and I are going to this concert. He goes to the University of Minnesota, so he can run over to the Orpheum Theater.

If he gets there a little early, does anyone thing getting the tickets at the venue instead of online is a bad idea?

LearntoSwim420
04-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Alright, my friend and I are going to this concert. He goes to the University of Minnesota, so he can run over to the Orpheum Theater.

If he gets there a little early, does anyone thing getting the tickets at the venue instead of online is a bad idea?

A better suggestion is to find an obscure ticketmaster outlet that won't be lined up. But yes, definitely better to go to an outlet rather than online. Not necessarily the actual venue though.

mikedawg9857
04-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Why not the actual venue? What's the difference between going to a Ticketmaster outlet and the Orpheum?

SayOw
04-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Why not the actual venue? What's the difference between going to a Ticketmaster outlet and the Orpheum?

I think there is no difference if the venue is using the Ticketmaster system. Seats are locked in (and out) on the same system at the same time so it would make no difference where you were trying to purchase....that's why if you knew of a remote Ticketmaster location where there'd be no one waiting for tickets, might be your best bet...

I live in ND and am going to try to get in online right at noon on Saturday but I know it is probably highly unlikely to get tickets that way...so I got 3 friends that are going to the Orpheum to wait in line...

Anyone know what time people will begin lining up? Or has the line already started?

And what's the over/under for how fast this show sells out? I'm guessing 5 minutes...

mjk_462
04-20-2006, 07:08 PM
It will sell out as fast as the ticketmaster server can handle that information through those tiny strings of glass we call fiber optics... 2-4 minutes :)

SadSummerSea
04-20-2006, 08:55 PM
apc sold out in a blazing 10 seconds at pantages.

i was online waiting and i got backrow.

Alcawhorlick
04-21-2006, 07:01 AM
I think there is no difference if the venue is using the Ticketmaster system. Seats are locked in (and out) on the same system at the same time so it would make no difference where you were trying to purchase....that's why if you knew of a remote Ticketmaster location where there'd be no one waiting for tickets, might be your best bet...

I live in ND and am going to try to get in online right at noon on Saturday but I know it is probably highly unlikely to get tickets that way...so I got 3 friends that are going to the Orpheum to wait in line...

Anyone know what time people will begin lining up? Or has the line already started?

And what's the over/under for how fast this show sells out? I'm guessing 5 minutes...

Yeah, I'm in Fargo. I have to work tomorrow so I'll be trying to get some via ticketmaster.com
I suppose if I had to I could get off for an hour to actually go try to get tickets at an outlet. If that is a better idea.

To be honest I'm a little less excited for this show after hearing the album but I already told my friend who hasn't heard it yet that we are going. The guy lives out in the middle of nowhere where there's no broadband as well, so I cant send it to him. And I can't very well tell him "uhh, this album sucks a little, lets not go"

And he's just going to HATE it, whereas I am just mildly disappointed. He's the kind of guy that wants Tool to rock hard for an entire album.

So anyway, do you think I should sit at work trying to get tickets on the internet or go down to Marshall Fields? Or what is the most obscure outlet in fargo, for you ND people?

jynxycat
04-21-2006, 08:21 AM
For ticketmaster venues, it doesn't matter when you get in line, they do a random number system for everyone who shows up 30 minutes before they go on sale. I don't think it's any different for the orpheum, I'm gonna call them tonight. If it's first come first serve, i'll go wait in line right after work :P

edit, they dont do a number generator.

jynxycat
04-21-2006, 08:37 AM
apc sold out in a blazing 10 seconds at pantages.

i was online waiting and i got backrow.

It's probably physically impossible to sell out that fast :P Since holds are placed on potential orders and such, tickets aren't available for 5 mins once you start the buying process. I'm sure more than a few people somehow screwed up, and freed up tickets;p

SadSummerSea
04-21-2006, 03:47 PM
It's probably physically impossible to sell out that fast :P Since holds are placed on potential orders and such, tickets aren't available for 5 mins once you start the buying process. I'm sure more than a few people somehow screwed up, and freed up tickets;p

i dont think a lot of people from the toronto thread would appreciate you saying that.

sure, maybe a few are released back but the chances of you being the first one to refresh after that are slim.

cureformax
04-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Hey everyone. Going to try for tickets online. Will practice by seeing what the traffic is like for Texas (10 AM) and Chicago (11 AM). Will let you know how it turns out...HOOK ME UP IF I CAN"T FIND TIX THANKS!

mikedawg9857
04-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Perhaps I'm just new to this...but how is it possible that there are no less than 12 auctions on ebay for pairs of tickets to this show? They aren't on sale yet! How could these folks possible procure them? This angers me.

thautis
04-22-2006, 07:47 AM
i am SUPER worried i am not going to get tickets

Alcawhorlick
04-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Yes, needless to say I'm worried too. Trying the online/phone combo route.
I'm going to assume I wont get tickets and be pleasantly suprised if I do.
I dont know how the ebay deal is like that. Those people might not have the tickets and are assuming they will. I think they can just cancel them if they dont get the tickets, right?

identity_theory
04-22-2006, 09:03 AM
WHAT THE FUCK Has ANYONE been able to get a ticket online?!?

HootyMcBoob
04-22-2006, 09:20 AM
I need one ticket to this show.

My two friends got some and I got cut off.

I have one ticket to the chicago show that I could trade for a ticket to this one.

hvitserk
04-22-2006, 09:22 AM
WHAT THE FUCK Has ANYONE been able to get a ticket online?!?

Nope, 2 of my friends and I tried and we all failed. Not a good day....

Leebo
04-22-2006, 09:34 AM
I actually managed to score 2 tix!!! Balcony row O.

I am so fucking excited I can't feel my hands.

Dysphoria
04-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Nope, none here either. Sat at ticketmaster.com refereshing every .005 seconds right up until 11:59:59, got in, everything gone. Also had bf dialing over and over on the phone and nothing. However, there's 43 tickets available on ebay.com (300+) Too bad I'm a poor ass college student. If anyone's selling extra tickets at a reasonable price, shoot me a private message. Thanks. Good luck and grats whoever actually got tickets.

ethos
04-22-2006, 09:38 AM
I got two tickets, MF3, Row Y, Seats 1-2. I totally sympathise, I didn't get anything to Chicago. Tried again with MN and it worked.

identitat soldat
04-22-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm not getting shit either. This is pretty lame, I was really pumped to go.

mjk_462
04-22-2006, 09:39 AM
I scored two awesome tickets!!!! Took a setup of 12 friends andfamily online on seperate accounts lol, but if anyone has any extra tickets for this show, i will buy them! my younger cousin has never seen a live show and is pretty worked up that he didnt get a ticket, so if anyone has 1 or more extra let me know and i will buy them.
PM me or email at [email protected]
Thanksguys! and gratz to everyone that scored

Alcawhorlick
04-22-2006, 09:39 AM
yeah suprisingly I didnt get anything either

Bonk
04-22-2006, 09:42 AM
they sold out in a ridiculous amount of time... i am pissed

oh well, i guess i wait for the arena tour.

DAMMIT

Andy DV
04-22-2006, 09:45 AM
i got one. if theres anybody who got a ticket for CHICAGO that is willing to negotiate a trade for my MN ticket, lemme know.

GregoryWohlwend
04-22-2006, 09:48 AM
I'll do anything for a ticket

I'm willing to pay 200$ for a ticket anywhere in the venue. IF money doesn't interest you I can build websites, make graphics, take pictures, anything, i also have a mouth to fellate you with.

LearntoSwim420
04-22-2006, 09:53 AM
I TYPED THE VERIFICATION WORD IN WRONG! And it was all fucked from there.

[sobs uncontrollably; kicks own ass repeatedly]

I'm still trying, but it's a long shot now. Wonder how long it takes before sold out venues show up as sold out on the ticketmaster website.

Oh well, guess I'm waiting for the arena tour too.

piston390
04-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Dammit.
There were only 4 tickets sold at the ticketmaster I was at. Fucking old ladys running it.

GregoryWohlwend
04-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Dammit.
There were only 4 tickets sold at the ticketmaster I was at. Fucking old ladys running it.

hey you're lucky you got 4, out of all the iowa outlets we were at, 1 ticket was sold.

resonance.
04-22-2006, 10:17 AM
These were never really available to begin with.

jynxycat
04-22-2006, 10:18 AM
front row center.

going to the actual venue and waiting in line for 14 hours for the win.

resonance.
04-22-2006, 10:28 AM
front row center.

going to the actual venue and waiting in line for 14 hours for the win.

yeah I shoulda thought of that :(

I was all like "I'll just set my alarm, have a cup of coffee and get two tickets up front."

jynxycat
04-22-2006, 10:40 AM
there were actually people showing up at the orpheum at like 10,11 and almost near 12pm.

seriously. those people need to use their heads :P

i didn't stick around to see how many people behind me got tickets, but i'm sure it wasn't many.

thautis
04-22-2006, 10:45 AM
i only got one... row e balcony

SadSummerSea
04-22-2006, 11:40 AM
MF3 ROW S

Drozz
04-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Ticketmaster let me down

How fast did this show sell out?

jynxycat
04-22-2006, 12:36 PM
93x said around 4-5 minutes, which makes sense.

tickets were going on sale for a decent amount of time, at the Orpheum itself I hear.

GregoryWohlwend
04-22-2006, 01:12 PM
93x said around 4-5 minutes, which makes sense.

tickets were going on sale for a decent amount of time, at the Orpheum itself I hear.

that's not possible, i tried buying them seconds after 12PM and they were sold out, as well as outlets in iowa were also sold out within a matter of seconds, definately less than a minute. The orpheum office probably has a reserve amount that they are allowed selling.

SadSummerSea
04-22-2006, 01:36 PM
i hope you luck out greg!

The Sky
04-22-2006, 03:29 PM
I was able to get 1 ticket on ticketmaster.com. After a few tries, I switched the section from best available to balcony. My seat is section 8 row D. Has anyone been to this venue? Are there any cameras allowed?

SadSummerSea
04-22-2006, 04:13 PM
its a tool show man. they're always pretty strict about cameras but if you have something thin enough to shove in your underwear you might get away with it.

keep your flash off if you dont want to risk maynard walking off stage and if you're using a digital - get something to black out your preview screen. if security sees you snapping pictures they're likely to take it from you, and a seated venue only makes it easier for them to see/find you.

SayOw
04-23-2006, 06:48 AM
I don't think any tickets were available via Ticketmaster.com and if you did get some, you were a lucky one... I and about 8 others I know were trying online right at noon and not one of us were able to get tickets.

I had 2 friends that went to an outlet (out of state) and they did get 4 tickets, 2 in the second row center and 2 in the last row balcony...purchased 30 seconds apart...

I think this show sold out in under 2 minutes...certainly it was as fast as the tickets could be physically sold...

mjk_462
04-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Here is something to piss some people off! Friend of mine (luckily) snagged 2 tickets online, just off the aisle in row E :) So we were pumped but another guy that was going to go with us didnt get anything, so i headed to the weight room for a couple hours, came back, showered, played some MVP baseball 05 and at 5:13 pm. gave ticketmaster a shot. i walked away, turned around about a minute later only to see a screen that was different, i walked closer and it said "we are holding this ticket for you for 2 minutes..." and i spastically entered my info and got another ticket, first row, middle balcony section! i was stunned

jynxycat
04-24-2006, 08:26 AM
that's not possible, i tried buying them seconds after 12PM and they were sold out, as well as outlets in iowa were also sold out within a matter of seconds, definately less than a minute. The orpheum office probably has a reserve amount that they are allowed selling.

-shrug-

it took the lady at the orpheum at least 30 seconds to process my order directly.

imatoolhed
04-24-2006, 08:56 PM
-shrug-

it took the lady at the orpheum at least 30 seconds to process my order directly.
-Church-

I got mine to...took like 15 minutes of reprossesing , Crazy prices onE-bay...stupid !!! Robbing us true TooLheds !!!

mikedawg9857
04-25-2006, 07:45 PM
I saw on 93x.com that if you sign up for the XMob or whatever, they will email you if more tix for the show get released...it's probably a long shot, but might be worth a try. Just a heads up.

SayOw
04-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Got my tickets...

I can hardly wait to see them!

GregoryWohlwend
05-01-2006, 03:05 PM
JUST GOT TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EELIJHA WOOD!

MidasRaw
05-01-2006, 09:57 PM
I bought the Last copy of 10,000 at the Cheapo in uptown Mpls. They sold every copy before 12:05.

see you at the show

mjk_462
05-02-2006, 04:16 PM
I have two tickets in section MF4 row M and one ticket in section 5 of the balcony (Row E) not sure which seats yet. But if anyone has three tickets next to each other and would like to trade for mine, my friend and cousin and i would like to sit together. PM me or email at [email protected]
Thanks!
Seating chart:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/49292/3769

Holy_Crow
05-02-2006, 06:14 PM
I was on a cruise in the Bahamas the day ticks went on sale (Sat) so I gave some very detailed instructions to my gf so we could get tickets. Of course I called her from the ship phone in my room (cost me 27 bucks for a three minute call!!!) and she said there was good news and there was bad news. She said the good news was that I was going to the show. After that, I didn't give a crap what the bad news was lol. The bad news was that she was only able to get 1 ticket, but I will be going to my very first Tool show and am happy it's at such a small venue! I love the new CD by the way

mjk_462
05-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Nice! Shoulda had your girlfriend with you though... :P (on the cruise that is)

Holy_Crow
05-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Nice! Shoulda had your girlfriend with you though... :P (on the cruise that is)

I know...that was the only crappy part about the trip, was that all these hot chicks had their guys with them and I had to be a good boy...but hey, at least her absense got me a Tool ticket, right? lol

SadSummerSea
05-04-2006, 02:13 PM
anybody feel like bringing drugs for a canadian to purchase?

namely, marijuana.. mushrooms are good too.

MidasRaw
05-07-2006, 07:27 PM
So where is the pre show/ after show party at? Im thinking about getting some beers at Nyes' Before/after

bond111
05-08-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm down for doin a before/after party type thing. I don't work at all on Friday, and am planning to make the trip up there from Iowa. It pry will take 3-4 hours to get up there. I will pry be staying at the Radisson Hotel since it is so close. The Ramada Inn is a little closer(going off of what maps show online for both hotels) but doesn't seem like the great hotel out there. I guess i'd rather spend a little more for a better place to sleep. So if anyone wants to meet up someplace i'll be down.

I have no clue where anything is at in Minneapolis at all though. I'm up for a couple beers or somethin someplace. Does Minneapolis have an Old Chicago?? I've heard they have tons of beers to choose from. Or is there anyplace that is like that in town?

thautis
05-09-2006, 12:35 AM
there is a "rock bottom" right across from the venue... it's like an old chicago

Mesher_dakimi
05-09-2006, 10:11 AM
i dont have tickets (yet) but i will be standing around with bugged out eyes and a silly grin waiting for a portal to open. I WILL be inside this show, like orbitz, no matter what! ; )
I should note that i have been unable to see Tool live yet, yet sometime around christmas "i have a dream..." of seeing them play. I have seen APC 13th step at the Excel, but in my dream the venue was much smaller, now that i have been to the Orpheum (Le Miserables) it just sendsshivers(flashbacks blame hofmann) down my spine...
also upon waking i perchased Regardie's The Golden Dawn with my christmas giftcard to Borders

If anyone knows Enochian() i really need to talk to the lord of the grasshoppers and could use some help, pm me!

"Mysticism? It is the love of our hearts for the dreams of our brains; it is what makes the vulgar hate us, what makes us into outlaws" S. de Guaita

m:. a:. (keep going)

mjk_462
05-09-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm down for doin a before/after party type thing. I don't work at all on Friday, and am planning to make the trip up there from Iowa. It pry will take 3-4 hours to get up there. I will pry be staying at the Radisson Hotel since it is so close. The Ramada Inn is a little closer(going off of what maps show online for both hotels) but doesn't seem like the great hotel out there. I guess i'd rather spend a little more for a better place to sleep. So if anyone wants to meet up someplace i'll be down.

I have no clue where anything is at in Minneapolis at all though. I'm up for a couple beers or somethin someplace. Does Minneapolis have an Old Chicago?? I've heard they have tons of beers to choose from. Or is there anyplace that is like that in town?

Radisson is much nicer, I have stayed in both. I am not aware of an Old Chicago real close, but there are many bars/ sit down restaraunts with good atmosphere around there. That part of Minneapolis is really a cool place to go, sometimes friends and I make the trip over from Hamline University in St. paul and just walk around, cool place. Anyone who hasnt been here will enjoy it I think.

bond111
05-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Soounds cool. So who is down for a meet-up type thing? Like I said. I'd def do it. Drink some beers before the show, and chat with fellow tool lovers. I'm still wishing on getting a second ticket for my good friend. He will pry even make the trip up to try and score one for a reasonable price.

GregoryWohlwend
05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
I might meet up if I knew some of you better.

Mesher_dakimi
05-09-2006, 08:35 PM
AH HA i have tickets (Bal 8 row J) and would enjoy talking the "will and wind" with whoever wishes

Alcawhorlick
05-10-2006, 12:34 PM
If god forbid some sort of tragedy prevents any of you from attending, please contact me any time for your ticket selling needs.

anytime up till about 5 hours before the show please.

HolyHandgrenade
05-10-2006, 03:03 PM
I have an extra ticket for this show, a friend of mine just backed out, If you're interested, contact me at Bimmer4Life04 on AIM or give me a PM on this.

HolyHandgrenade
05-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Also, you can email me at [email protected]

Alcawhorlick
05-10-2006, 04:16 PM
you should back out too and sell them both to me :)

damn, I'd take it if I could find someone else with another extra one

HolyHandgrenade
05-10-2006, 04:25 PM
you should back out too and sell them both to me :)

damn, I'd take it if I could find someone else with another extra one

You know having someone that you knew next to you would just make it worse anyway, cmon, just take it.

mjk_462
05-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Woohooo!!! CONCERT IN 26 HOURS :)!!!!

Creation88
05-11-2006, 06:59 PM
can someone PLEASE snag me a poster and i'll pay the cost + shipping! please. if you can please e-mail me at [email protected]

i was trying to go to the DALLAS show but it sold out in 2 minutes. if you can help i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks!

imatoolhed
05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
I might meet up if I knew some of you better.

Do you know if the orpheum is right downtown or on the way to uptown ?
If you ever been there, I guess i just don't remember it being right on henn. av.

jynxycat
05-12-2006, 05:15 AM
Do you know if the orpheum is right downtown or on the way to uptown ?
If you ever been there, I guess i just don't remember it being right on henn. av.

it's on hennepin, but way outside of uptown. go out of uptown, into minneapolis, and you'll see it eventually. it's on the part of hennepin with all the damn lighted buildings :P

LexTron6K
05-12-2006, 09:11 AM
AFTER PARTY AT GLEUK'S DOWNTOWN

16 N 6th St

It is my 25th birthday today and I am going to FUCKING PARTY after seeing Tool.
Go to Gluek's, ask for Lex (very tall, long blond hair, handsome SOB, very drunk)

MidasRaw
05-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Tool on your birthday? lucky SOB

mjk_462
05-12-2006, 10:57 AM
tool can have my birthday, see you fools in 6 hours

NetEther
05-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Fuck yes. I just got tickets via Ticketmaster's website like 10 minutes ago. Am I lucky or what?

I was sooo disappointed when I didn't get them originally. I just got lucky as hell I guess. We were just going to go down there tonight and hope for the best. OMGFUCKYEAH!

See y'all tonight! =]

piston390
05-12-2006, 12:18 PM
omfg i just tried getting a single ticket for the show on ticketmaster, ya know just for kicks, and they fucking had one, main floor, center. Fucking shame I made plans with the squeeze already. FUCKDAMMIT!