PDA

View Full Version : A New Possibility

Funkerelli
03-18-2003, 02:37 PM
In like 7th grade I did a report on Jim Jones (i was a demented kid, what can I say?) this was before I even heard Eulogy. The first time I heard Eulogy, it automatically to me linked Christ and Jim Jones. For those of you who don't know Jim Jones, he led a cult in the midwest. he found old people and crippled people, and preformed "miracles" aka cheap magic tricks and led them to believe he was the second coming of Christ. They then had a small group march from midwestern US to Guarana south america. The rest came on a tour-bus. There they set up a religious camp to worship Jones. The government was onto Jones, so he announced he would take them to the promised land the next day, but the next day never came, he laced the Kool-Aid served at dinner with Arsenic and they all died. Now there are Neo-Jonesists who believe he was christ and we all missed the boat. One of their selling points is that the only two people in recorded history to hear their own eulogy were Christ and Jones. I put a lot of stock in the line "You always claimed that you would die for me, why then are you so suprised when you hear your own eulogy?" If you want to know more about jones, do a google search and then tell me what you think. Am I onto something or am I just another nutjob on a perma-fry acid trip?