PDA

View Full Version : I've got the SECRETS TO LATERALUS pt.2

plexus
03-18-2003, 01:47 PM
uhh... i really dont... this is about that post that Steiber wrote a while back saying "lalala look at me, im a psych. major bla bla bla...." andy way... i emailed this guy abou what he was talking about and its not too much... sure, its something to think about but.. the capitalized "secret" i dont think so... anyway... heres what he was saying (this is the actual email)

-----

secaddic movement as will be discussed is the eyes going back and forth in a rapid non-flowing motion. As in left then right then left and then right ..for our purposes we'll say left then rigt then back to the right all that (2 movements total) in one second....this needs to be done for about 30 seconds for maximum results. By doing this your episodic memory will be increased.......your ability that is to recall personal info, personalmemories will be increased...it has to do with how we store memories both episodic (your personal knowledge) and semantic(stuff lots of people know) your episodic memory could be that you had bacon for breakfast and a semantic memory would be that Michigan is a state...notice the difference here in the types of memories.
Now this secaddic movement increases the ability to recall episodic memories....so while you listen to Tool and say delve into your own understanding of the music your personal
memory will be aided by secaddic patterns in the panning of the music while wearing headphones (best way to utilize this) or sitting in between 2 speakers. Alone this is neat but this is not what you gave a karma shot for oh no...I told you...you wouldn't be disappointed and you won't. To go along with this the panning effect also decreases stress. Now what do you have? You have past memory recall with decrease of stressed paired together...can you say HEALING? The Grudge, Schism, The Patient,....yes the album is a lot about healing and now you know that ART and Neuropsychology can go hand and hand....My name is Paul Stieber and I'm a psychology student. I have found other things about the album that are very interesting. For further information E-mail me. Until then Listen with the headphones on and HEAL. Good job Tool. You made a buck but you had something to give. Sprial out..........................k..............g..... ...........

--------end of email-------

so to re-cap... the way that tool used panning mimics the secaddic movements of the eyes...but i dunno. im thinking of emailing this guy again to see what else he has to say.... so please dont email this guy saying that i posted this and that hes a moron and hes a bastard for not posting and shit.

oh... and i read through that whole post to make sure i wasnt reposting anything... and everyone in there was acting like morons... he didnt ask me for any "karma points"... i dont know what that was about...

please dont make this thread into a little bitching match again

crow011
03-19-2003, 12:58 AM
awwwwwwww, im sorry i turned the last post into a bitching match . . .

im a bad person . . . i really am . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

reedc33
03-19-2003, 06:48 AM
Do psychology majors have to take English classes?

paraflux
03-19-2003, 07:29 AM
I dont really see why the mockery is necessary. This may be his personal experience to share with us all. You dont have to accept it if it doesnt ring true with your intuition.

reedc33
03-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by paraflux
I dont really see why the mockery is necessary. This may be his personal experience to share with us all. You dont have to accept it if it doesnt ring true with your intuition.

What mockery?

plexus
03-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by paraflux

exactly

but i guess he got what was coming to him for being so pretentious.... especially with that whole karma point thing... what the fuck was that?... that wasnt cool