PDA

View Full Version : New Thought for Lateralus liner notes

fire engine
03-18-2003, 01:26 PM
In the past, i've seen most if not all the theories for the liner notes go from the start to the end, but i wondered if that was definitely the case, i started looking and came up with this...

Last: This seems to be about the collective unconscious from which we all come from but before we were created, it starts (if you're goin backwards) the sequence and is mostly visible all the way to the end. Showing how all of us have come from the "one mind" and everything we can become (or how it'/we are "capable of all imaginable and all concieveable") is imbedded somehow into it.

Second: The next one is the simplest form of the human and has the word God in the brain. In my mind showing the very first creation of man before he was corrupted.

Third: More complex form of the man, has the pentagram in his throat, symbol of wicca and in this instance the turn of man away from God. (Did anyone notice that little drip of "Salival?")

Fourth: The man grows a skeleton, which is connected to supporting and protecting the body. The addition of the eyes, seeming to symbolize the (Timothy Leary here), "the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities" that are forming in the man's mind their view of reality.

Fifth: The Man evolves again, and in conjuction with the remaining slide (which i will talk about below) he now has muscles and i believe this is the stage that we as humans are at right now (the 46th chromosome if you wanna think about it that way)

The Last (the cover): This shows me three things, first off the spiral (lateralus), the third eye (third eye), and if you wanna continue with the line of reasoning i had above, the 48th chromosome (forty-six & two). An eye appears on the outstretched ("reaching out to embrace the random") hand and in place of the Pentagram, showing true throught in each of these areas.

This is what i think, you don't have to agree and probly won't but i thought i'd share this because i haven't heard it yet, if someone has said it i apologize for takin ya ideas!

fire engine
03-21-2003, 03:49 PM
I had another thought for the very very last page that nobody can figure out. It could be the "energy condensed to a slow vibration."

I don't think that it is possible for anybody to get all of it, it's just too deep sometimes.