PDA

View Full Version : Just another theory x2

Granger
04-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Thoery #1
Does anyone recall back a few months to a year after Lateralus came out, that someone had mentioned that the track order was actually meant to be played in a different order than it was recorded. Well maybe schism should have been the last song on the album seeing as Vicarious starts with that same kind of sound?

Theory #2
Kinda on the same subject, but i feel as if there is a chance that we will get more than we think on the 2nd of may. As in 2 cd's one that was basically already made from songs that didnt make it onto the other albums, which Vicariuos seems to fit into that catagory. And another CD which if this is true will be the first that I know to be released without one hint of its very existence.

Other facts to help support this 2nd theory:
Decoy album in toolband news.
The whole feeling most get that the band is fucking with everyone.
I also happen to think that they are presenting this album to the people just as our Gov't and media would a huge news story. (911, Iraq war, new Iran war, tax cuts, Katrina debacle by FEMA and so on. ) Deception is a key word in our lives right now. We are only getting part of the info, the part that they want us to get!

I know this much I embrace all this not knowing whats coming, all the clowns in here judging 1/11th of the album cant stand the feeling of being vunreable to not knowing every little detail about what is going to be in their hands very soon. Mystery and not knowing right now kills them!

i like knowing nothing about the album so when I get it I can dive right in and experience it a first time. 10th time, 100th time and yes a 10,000th time.

Word Up!
Granger

tyroneslothrop
04-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Tool has a great deal of artistic control over their work but no sane record label would ever let a band do such a thing. You only sell significant numbers of an album if you ADVERTISE it.

And, by the way, what the hell is up with all these ridiculous conspiracy theories? Was there this much stupidity in the air back when Lateralus came out?

35"4
04-16-2006, 08:55 PM
At least he isn't doubting the title yet.

teleincision
04-16-2006, 09:15 PM
wait you actually think it's going to be 10000 days
16 days
it will change when it comes out
i bet my kids' lives on it

i will hold you to that.....

mhamhamhamhamhamhamha!!!! (evil laugh) J/K

grizz441
04-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Thoery #1

Theory #2
Kinda on the same subject, but i feel as if there is a chance that we will get more than we think on the 2nd of may. As in 2 cd's one that was basically already made from songs that didnt make it onto the other albums, which Vicariuos seems to fit into that catagory. And another CD which if this is true will be the first that I know to be released without one hint of its very existence.

Granger

I think we will get one new cd entitled 10,000 Days and Vicarious will be track 1 off it. I know I am going out on a limb here and will probably get flamed for thinking this. (sarcasm)

teleincision
04-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I think we will get one new cd entitled 10,000 Days and Vicarious will be track 1 off it. I know I am going out on a limb here and will probably get flamed for thinking this. (sarcasm)

flame, flame!

Goldfoot
04-17-2006, 02:42 AM
16 days

Oh my fucking christ.

blair's man sausage
04-17-2006, 07:54 AM
16 days

who gets to kill your kids when you're wrong??

that's pretty fucked up you must not like them very much

greg vs greg
04-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Other facts to help support this 2nd theory:
Decoy album in toolband news.
The whole feeling most get that the band is fucking with everyone.
I also happen to think that they are presenting this album to the people just as our Gov't and media would a huge news story. (911, Iraq war, new Iran war, tax cuts, Katrina debacle by FEMA and so on. ) Deception is a key word in our lives right now. We are only getting part of the info, the part that they want us to get!

I know this much I embrace all this not knowing whats coming, all the clowns in here judging 1/11th of the album cant stand the feeling of being vunreable to not knowing every little detail about what is going to be in their hands very soon. Mystery and not knowing right now kills them!

Well when we're presented with a news story which doesn't seem to cover everything and leaves more questions open than we had before it started, especially when it deals with our government, people are very willing to jump right in and try to fill the gaps and to connect the dots for us. A conspiracy is born. Often times people would rather follow a lie than feel undecided. I guess this is just what happens when there's one-way communication in a relationship. Tool is proving this beautifully by only telling us certain things, and even if they are true, they are doing it in such a way that it makes many people go nuts. Bravo.

Maybe all the people who are getting pissed off at Blair and Tool for doing what they've been doing should actually redirect their anger towards what has inspired Tool & Co. to behave this way. We keep dissing on Tool because they "appear" to be fucking with something we love. Well shouldn't we love our country and what it stands for, and love the way it is run by who we decide to elect? I'm pretty sure those things are all vastly more important than a band. They're trying to remind us that we should be fucking pissed off at the way the world works and feel inspired to do something about it, just as they have. (This is not directed at anyone particular...) If all you're gonna do is bash Tool and what they're trying to teach you, then don't listen. It's a lot like paying for an expensive college class which you want to go to, going to class and being taught important and relevant information, and then getting pissed off that you had to study and think in order to actually learn that information. If you can't see how illogical that is, then fuck you.

Vicenza
04-17-2006, 12:44 PM
I still feel that, real album/ tracklist or not, there's something else waiting to be found.. could be as simple as an extra song on the album, or a side disc or (i'm hoping) something more substantial.

then again i read a really good post saying that, we complain when blair and tool keeps us in the dark with the lack of info, and then when we get info, we turn around, dismiss it and complain that they're f*cking with us.

so true! and it applies to a great deal of people on this forum.
;)