PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain this?

waXresilienT
04-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I really don't believe in all the conspriacy theories I just want to know if anyone else saw this. When I first got the single I burned it on a cd because I wasnt using my computer. When I just imported it to my computer the id tags came up thusly.

You Walk Away by Filter off of Amalgamut...

Anyone else get this?..what the hell?

Chris_Brightwell
04-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Your computer looks at the number of tracks and the length of each track, then makes a query to an online database (usually CDDB). Individual CDs tend to be individualized enough to get an accurate result, but they're not 100% all the time.

Your situation is just the result of querying an uncataloged CD against that database.

waXresilienT
04-16-2006, 06:29 PM
oh yeah....thanks :)

bin

APT
04-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Your computer looks at the number of tracks and the length of each track, then makes a query to an online database (usually CDDB). Individual CDs tend to be individualized enough to get an accurate result, but they're not 100% all the time.

Your situation is just the result of querying an uncataloged CD against that database.

Umm....what he said.

stardown
04-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah this happens with a lot of songs burned on a cd. I've had it happen with a whole cd. It'll show up as a completely different cd with obviously a different tracklist as well. It's due to what the above young lads said ;) I also think it's a little strange considering that sometimes it happens with stuff that has been out for awhile.