PDA

View Full Version : Who hasn't heard the song?

LetGoLetgoLetGo
04-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Just curious. I couldn't wait. I have a friend who has apparently held out so far.

But, I've heard it.

Im expecting limited replies to this thread.

"Then, why create it??" Because. Im curious.

Big High-5 to anyone that is waiting to hear it on the radio.
Personally, Id rather have my fans get it 3 days early and not have to deal with the effing radio.

Chris_Brightwell
04-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm holding out until I have the shrinkwrapped CD in my hands.

Ganjalf
04-16-2006, 05:07 PM

your missing out

slicknickshady
04-16-2006, 05:07 PM
you are a better man then most chris. bet you are more oldschool then most which is not a badthing.

CrazyJoeDevola
04-16-2006, 05:09 PM

Same here.

Chris_Brightwell
04-16-2006, 05:14 PM
your missing outMy what?

dark_Speedo
04-16-2006, 05:17 PM
My what?
that's getting really old chris

Chris_Brightwell
04-16-2006, 05:17 PM
you are a better man then most chris.Not better, just more patient.

I remember when Aenima came out in '96 and I heard the whole thing as a whole for the first time. That was a great experience, after listening to Opiate and Undertow endlessly for four years.

Then Schism was released and I bought a promo single on eBay. By the time I got Lateralus two weeks later (and made my way to the Tabernacle for that evening's concert), I was absolutely sick of Schism.

I skipped it each of the four times it came up en route to Atlanta. I enjoyed it during the show, but was sick of it again when they played the video during the intermission. That's a terrible feeling.

I don't want to do that to Vicarious, so I'm waiting. All of my friends (who basically did the same to Schism) are doing the same.

The evening of 5/2, I plan to setup some PA equipment on the back porch, fire up the grill, and have a few friends over. Should be a fun evening.

Carbonatedgravy
04-16-2006, 05:21 PM
That's awesome, and if I had the self control I would do the same thing. But I look at it like this. I wil get 10,000 Days and what will then be an old friend in Vicarious will lead me into the beauty which lies beyond. Ha. That sounded incredibly lame, but I stand by my point.

Besides, by the time I hit Jambi I won't be having a bunch of urges to go back and listen to track 1 again, thus ruining track 2 for me.

slicknickshady
04-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Not better, just more patient.

I remember when Aenima came out in '96 and I heard the whole thing as a whole for the first time. That was a great experience, after listening to Opiate and Undertow endlessly for four years.

Then Schism was released and I bought a promo single on eBay. By the time I got Lateralus two weeks later (and made my way to the Tabernacle for that evening's concert), I was absolutely sick of Schism.

I skipped it each of the four times it came up en route to Atlanta. I enjoyed it during the show, but was sick of it again when they played the video during the intermission. That's a terrible feeling.

I don't want to do that to Vicarious, so I'm waiting. All of my friends (who basically did the same to Schism) are doing the same.

The evening of 5/2, I plan to setup some PA equipment on the back porch, fire up the grill, and have a few friends over. Should be a fun evening.

Hopefully i can be that patient when im 25. When the next album comes out. I'm 20 now. Mabe when im 23 we will get the live DVD?

a_sirian_in_agony
04-16-2006, 05:29 PM
dudes..like whenever i hear a single....i like the single the most...i want to like the whole album as an entity.....im holding out till the end.....im like going to beat some ass tommorrow if anyone tries to shove it in my ear....

MasterOfKtulu109
04-16-2006, 08:04 PM
I haven't heard it. I'm trying to hold out, but this is like trying to kick a heroin dependancy.

I'm not really worried about next week; I have 2 exams I have to study for, so that will keep my mind busy, but this week will be torture. I'm not even going to download it because then it will be too tempting to put it on. I'm actually sorry I found out it leaked this weekend. If I can hold out, it will make the album even better. I hope.

e. blue cum
04-16-2006, 08:10 PM
i've heard the song 50 something times now.. have it practically memorized.. it's as faint in my mind as Schism or Third Eye or Sober.. and I still love it and want to listen to it.. if it's anything like any other Tool song, I'll never get entirely sick of it.. another anthem in my immortal collection.. Schism, Pushit, The Patient, Lateralus.. those songs still hit me just as hard as ever, if I hold out on listening for a while.. and even if I just sit and reflect with those songs playing in my mind.. this track gave me a lot to think about while waiting.. i feel pretty good..

mok.. i don't know you or how bad you want to hear it but.. it's not like trying to kick a heroin dependancy, trust me..

/Parallelus/Reflectionis/
04-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I'll wait 'till I have the album.

Don't want to spoil my experience.

Metalgod666
04-16-2006, 08:14 PM
waiting for the "Midnight Premire" tonight, so far I've heard Audioslave, Metallica, and Pink Floyd, but no Tool. WTF?!

metalforever
04-16-2006, 08:38 PM
wtf? your radio's that good? the only thing that comes in where i live would be country stations, and once in a while, ill drive far enough to be able to hear emo(shit) music.

Chris_Brightwell
04-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Shit man, can I come over?*shrug* Sure.

FortySix&Two
04-16-2006, 08:55 PM
That's awesome, and if I had the self control I would do the same thing. But I look at it like this. I wil get 10,000 Days and what will then be an old friend in Vicarious will lead me into the beauty which lies beyond. Ha. That sounded incredibly lame, but I stand by my point.

Besides, by the time I hit Jambi I won't be having a bunch of urges to go back and listen to track 1 again, thus ruining track 2 for me.

I agree with this post. I caved in late last night after much pondering and contemplation. But now that I've heard it at least 15 times or so, I love it, and I hear the intro and many of the lyrics echoing in my brain at random. It's great. And with the post I quoted, one of the main reasons I think it will be good to have heard Vicarious is that I won't feel tempted to go back and listen to it fifty billion times, I can go straight into something new, and the rest of the album that follows, but I've already familiarized myself with the new style and such, so I'm really really excited and curious to see what follows.

Lateralias
04-16-2006, 09:18 PM
I am with Chris.... I feel it will be a much more rewarding experience hearing Vicarious followed by the rest of the album. I am expecting to hear Vicarious on the radio just as much as Schism was played when it came out. So listening to it excessively now will just cause me to grow tired of the song later. Patience

thautis
04-16-2006, 09:26 PM
it's a fake anyway

FortySix&Two
04-16-2006, 09:42 PM
To be honest, I was afraid of hearing it accidentaly. I drive a lot, so when I'm putting the radio on when not listening to cd's , I have a feeling I'd hear it accidentaly, and hearing it for the first time on a fuzzy car radio transmission, and not even when I intended to digest the material is not the way I'd like to go.

wix3l
04-16-2006, 10:05 PM
I wish I would've waited now.

teleincision
04-16-2006, 10:08 PM
too late now

insaner
04-16-2006, 11:22 PM
your missing out

what about his missing out?

insaner
04-16-2006, 11:24 PM

mmm food and tool. am i invited?

Timothy
04-16-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm still holding out. I did hear the clip on toolband, though. The 'bell' part of it I recognize from a boot from one of the 2002 shows.

Perseensilmä
04-16-2006, 11:39 PM

So, basically you want to spoil your album-listening session?

I hope Vicarious is a joke.

drumtool
04-16-2006, 11:43 PM
i havent heard it!!!!! i cant get it!!!!! i live in very remote australia our only radio station is topp 100(yes thats what they call it) where can i hear it???????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????
help help!!!!!!!!!!!!

thautis
04-17-2006, 12:15 AM
you should throw some extra punctuation in that post... just to show you are serious

John Doggett
04-17-2006, 12:21 AM
I haven't heard it...

Lagomorph
04-17-2006, 12:23 AM
i wasn't going to listen to the album till it came out, but now i might have to download another track just to make sure i like the album, as Vicarious disappoints me.

Dry Mana
04-17-2006, 12:38 AM
I didn't download it.

assailing eyes
04-17-2006, 02:22 AM
i heard the clip by accident cos im a dork.
but aside from that im holding out, which is proving hard as fuck now ive had that 30 second taster.

IsrÆnima
04-17-2006, 02:38 AM
I didn't hear it yet but only due to the fact that there's no radio station here that would even consider putting a tool song, and i just can't seem to find it on the web....

Goldfoot
04-17-2006, 02:46 AM
I am not going to listen to it until the album can follow.

eon_blue
04-17-2006, 03:09 AM

I am not alone! i havent heard it yet, not only cuz i didnt want to listen to it before it was meant to be released, but also because i want to hear it in relation to the rest of the album. When i listen to 10000days for the first time i want it all to flow, i dont want any pre-judgements..

s ti N Kfizt
04-17-2006, 03:15 AM
I didn't hear it yet but only due to the fact that there's no radio station here that would even consider putting a tool song, and i just can't seem to find it on the web....
how's life in Israel?

Chetnik
04-17-2006, 03:26 AM

This is the only smart thing on entire forum

Chris_Brightwell
04-17-2006, 04:24 AM
mmm food and tool. am i invited?Are you still in/around Huntsville?

For some reason, I keep thinking you're back in Atlanta.

Andorion
04-17-2006, 05:02 AM
I let myself listen to it, but only for this past weekend - deleted it last night. Won't listen again until I have the album. I'll see if I can hold out for May 2.

insaner
04-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Are you still in/around Huntsville?

yeah im still here, but im not sure you want me getting drunk and falling off your porch.

Chris_Brightwell
04-17-2006, 10:08 AM
im not sure you want me getting drunk and falling off your porch.Haha yeah ... That's quite true.

Mortal Moxie
04-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Just curious. I couldn't wait. I have a friend who has apparently held out so far.

But, I've heard it.

Im expecting limited replies to this thread.

"Then, why create it??" Because. Im curious.

Big High-5 to anyone that is waiting to hear it on the radio.
Personally, Id rather have my fans get it 3 days early and not have to deal with the effing radio.

Why hold out? We watch previews for movies we anticipate.

It wet my tongue and that's all I needed to hold me over until 5/2.

Windir
04-17-2006, 10:20 AM
I havent heard it yet.
I will wait till I get the album - after that I have to wait another day untill I will listen to it. Which is going to be the hardest part I think.

seadonkey
04-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Windir - The Charlotte you live in... is that Charlotte, NC?

svet-am
04-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Are you still in/around Huntsville?

Saw you're in Huntsville. I'm in Tuscaloosa (no roll tide from me, I'm a Miss. State grad). If they play Birmingham (likely), maybe those of us in this area should get together for a bit and do a meet-n-greet.

BTW: more power to you on holding out. i was going to wait, but people were trying to decipher the hidden newscast and i couldn't resist using my signal processing background to help out. it's an excellent track and you won't be disappointed with your wait.

/Parallelus/Reflectionis/
04-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Why hold out? We watch previews for movies we anticipate.

It wet my tongue and that's all I needed to hold me over until 5/2.

sure, I watch previews, but I don't watch the 15 first minutes on repeat and then watch the rest two weeks later.

A Tool album is a whole for me and a song is a part of it.

That's why I don't wanna listen to it alone.

Mortal Moxie
04-17-2006, 12:39 PM
sure, I watch previews, but I don't watch the 15 first minutes on repeat and then watch the rest two weeks later.

A Tool album is a whole for me and a song is a part of it.

That's why I don't wanna listen to it alone.

I was going to listen to it once. But I felt it needed a second listen because I wasn't sure what I was listening for the first time around.

I listened twice. The same as seeing a movie preview on TV twice, and now I won't go to the theater to see the rest of the movie until it comes out.

I will just as well enjoy it as a whole. As undoubtedly any true Tool fan listens to the album from beginning to end without interuption on the first day he rips the annoying plastic packaging off.

I feel I've not harmed that experience by listening. I don't take Tool so seriously that I wont give into my own self indulgence and listen to the radio single.

There not gods and we're not talking about the bible here.

4 average really laid back guys who really know how to bang out some ridiculous music.

End.

saigonsuicidesquad
04-17-2006, 02:21 PM

Amen. I listened to the short teaser on the toolband site, but that is it. I also ended up skipping Schism a lot when i first bought Lateralus; it just felt wrong having to skip the middle of the album like that.

Anyways, I hope this leads to a more pleasant experience this time around.

paper_head
04-17-2006, 02:32 PM
On my drive to work today (that's where I'm at now, talking to everybody here instead of working) I found my self turning the radio on and strategically avoiding the rock radio stations because I want everything on 10000 days to be fresh and new to me on 5/2/06.

But just curious, does Vicarious kick ass or is it just kind of so so?