PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious Backwards?

Shinobu's Smile
04-16-2006, 02:51 PM
This could be just me "separating my body from my mind", but if you listen to vicarious at the 4:10 mark it sounds as if he is speaking backwards. Its just the way that the vocals fade in then cut out as each word is being said. I tried reversing the song but the vocals are a bit drowned out by the instruments. Perhaps this song has a hidden meaning just like No Quarter supposedly has. If any of you have any hitech software out there that can separate music, bass, and vocals, i emplore you to help me satisfy my curiosity. Also, there is talking in the background at 5:05 (Also like No Quarter has).

On a side note, the lyrics seem as if they would belong more to APC's third album eMotive then on an album following Lateralus. (But thats just my 2 cents)

Jimmeny
04-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Reverse reverb, easy production trick.

spiralout11235
04-16-2006, 02:57 PM
On a side note, the lyrics seem as if they would belong more to APC's third album eMotive then on an album following Lateralus.

I agree with you there. The lyrics do seem a bit more APC styled, but I do see some Tool twist to it. Either way, I really dig the lyrics.

This morning I had the thought of playing Vicarious backwards, but I doubt it'll be anything more than a song playing backwards. As Jmmeny said--reverse reverb.

Shinobu's Smile
04-16-2006, 02:58 PM
what do you guys mean reverse reverb? (im a dunce when it comes to playing music)

mmortal03
04-16-2006, 02:59 PM
I agree with you there. The lyrics do seem a bit more APC styled, but I do see some Tool twist to it. Either way, I really dig the lyrics.

This morning I had the thought of playing Vicarious backwards, but I doubt it'll be anything more than a song playing backwards. As Jmmeny said--reverse reverb.

Yeah, I tried it, nothing special.

Jimmeny
04-16-2006, 03:00 PM
You know when you go into a bathroom and shout, and you hear your voice echo, well that's a type of reverb. Or when you go into a big cathedral and make any sort of noise and it trails away afterwards, that's reverb. In the studio, you can add it to vocals, then reverse it, you get that fade in sound you're talking about.

Shinobu's Smile
04-16-2006, 03:05 PM
ohh, thanks

STA
04-16-2006, 03:24 PM
On a side note, the lyrics seem as if they would belong more to APC's third album eMotive then on an album following Lateralus. (But thats just my 2 cents)

Christ. I need to get out of here.

TSarge
04-16-2006, 03:56 PM

eMotive was an album of cover songs

aquarium salt
04-16-2006, 04:33 PM
eMotive was an album of cover songs
not completely true.

Bob_Marley_Wannabe
04-16-2006, 04:58 PM
i guess some ppl cant handle maynard actually singing on a tool track, without all the f'n power screaming and what not. sad

RED_THE_HAT
04-16-2006, 10:27 PM
not completely true.

Had one original, the rest were covers

Khastra_KSC
04-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Kenshin kicks ass.

Madrid
04-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Try turning something in reverse... then applying a reverb to it.
Then reverse it back to normal = awesome sound.

You can make an entire horror movie sound track with it.

ArizonaBay
04-17-2006, 01:55 AM
wow, i just reversed the lyrics and he says "Teleincision, August 16th"!

Just a thought, but dya think teleincision could have been a working title? Especialy with the TV theme of vicarious

Zeal_Love
04-17-2006, 02:44 AM
Just a thought, but dya think teleincision could have been a working title? Especialy with the TV theme of vicarious
Yes.

varg
04-17-2006, 03:06 AM

You know it's the same dude, right?

erazorhead
04-17-2006, 04:07 AM

i think that 10000 days will be some sort of hoax cover which will reveal the authentic (teleincision) artwork underneath when torn to shreds. also, the 10000 days disc will be slightly thicker than your average cd to accommodate the teleincision disc inside. naturally the real disc will be revealed when this 10000 days crap is torn to shreds.

or perhaps the true tracklisting will be revealed when a teleincision is made through the back of the case.

(but that's just my 2 cents...)

'zor