PDA

View Full Version : Artwork/Vicarious

FistFck
04-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Anyone put together Vicarious and the picture of the fetus in the skull yet? Ive been out all weekend, and when I came back I saw the picture of the fetus (its my wallpaper on my desktop) and i came to realize that the baby is living vicariously watching the world around it die (the skull). its a stretch, but eh. its a thought.

Unl1v3d
04-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Nice thought! real nice!!

i agree with you

Boozy Eulogist
04-16-2006, 02:29 PM
I like it.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
04-16-2006, 03:03 PM
I always thought that the fetus was a symbol of a seed. "Plant the seed": Introduce someone to and idea, and wait to see what may grow.
If you want to take my idea a step further and put it towards Vicarious, you could say that the fetus is the thoughts that all of the media/public feed to us, and that the fetus needs to be ABORTED. ABORTIONS I SAY!

Just my take....

EDIT: Also, Ive heard various people's thoughts on what the song makes them think of. Ive heard someone say that the song could be written so GWB is the one watching the world die, etc, etc. I thought it was a good idea. Another is that TV has fucked with us, and we need to go out and observe reality for ourselves, instead of having the media choose for us what we might like to see. ANOTHER could be just the basic concept that someone (Maynard?) has been exposed to so much garbage, and they realize it, but dont know how or are struggling to erase this medium (TV/news) from their way of life.

These are all ideas that Ive toyed with, but the main idea is that TOOL doesnt want to tell someone what a song is LITERALLY about, or what it was about when written. THey want you to piece it together with what means something to YOU. As "cut and dry" as TDNers think these lyrics are, they really arent. Sure, there isnt any real extravagant vocabulary like other TOOL songs, but there is a message that could be taken a million ways.