PDA

View Full Version : :(

orange.juice
04-16-2006, 08:57 AM
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/558/toolstickerback0by.jpg

will this be the cover? that sticker looks damn lame.

embracingyou
04-16-2006, 08:58 AM
What's wrong with it?

Rosette feasted
04-16-2006, 08:59 AM
man that cover looks so awesome!

orange.juice
04-16-2006, 09:00 AM
meh.

varg
04-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah totally! What's wrong with it?

orange.juice
04-16-2006, 09:01 AM
fool

:(

embracingyou
04-16-2006, 09:03 AM
fool

:(

What do you want from Tool lol?

dawn
04-16-2006, 09:04 AM
meh.

^my thoughts^

Sometimes they have different covers in different countries. I bet/hope the inside is neat.

Hman
04-16-2006, 09:11 AM
I love the cover but uh, okay. Just because it's been used before on tour doesn't make it bad. It's an awesome Alex Grey work that actually holds meaning to the album (well Vicarious, at least).

onebear
04-16-2006, 09:13 AM
I love the topic of this thread...

orange.juice
04-16-2006, 09:21 AM
i think that combination of artwork/typo looks like a [insert nu-metal band] cover. Why couldn't they hire someone with a little bit more talent for the job?

NoD
04-16-2006, 09:23 AM
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/558/toolstickerback0by.jpg

will this be the cover? that sticker looks damn lame.

I don't think that's going to be the cover...It looks like they just used the album mini for the ad, although I'm probably wrong

Geedorah
04-16-2006, 09:24 AM
To answer your question; No, I do not think that will be the cover. It looks like another photoshopped ad and they used whatever artwork they could.

LetGoLetgoLetGo
04-16-2006, 09:26 AM
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

This picture has NEVER been used on ANY TOOL tour. That was the Inter Being(?).
It is colored in a rainbow-like fashion with fetuses inside heads. NOT BEEN USED.
THis isnt by any means NEW art for Alex Grey, but it is definitely new for 2L.

orange.juice
04-16-2006, 09:58 AM
To answer your question; No, I do not think that will be the cover. It looks like another photoshopped ad and they used whatever artwork they could.
hope you're right. this appears to be kind of an "official" sticker though, and the fact that the logo and Grey stuff appear everywhere lately, makes me kind of sad.
Wonder if their visuals for the tour, and the Vicarious video, will be any better.

Now it's difficult for me to think that the band sat together on one evening saying: "Fuck, let's make some jawdropping good artwork for our new album! Let's pwn them all!"

It's like that: Back in the days, Tool may have been one of the first rock bands to combine their music with visuals on screen in a great way. Pictures moving to the rhythms and stuff. Nowadays, such live gimmicks are quite common. And some bands do that stuff in awesome quality (Gorillaz!). Will Tool be able to top their work, or will we see spirals and colorful skeletons again? They (hopefully) HAVE the ideas, and they sure have the money, but will they do it?

I had hoped for sort of a fresh approach to Tool's appearence after all those years. Maybe we will see this, but more and more evidence points towards the opposite, Rock musicians, not artists.

bass_dude
04-16-2006, 12:17 PM
the more i look at it, the more i realize that i love the art, but hatye the font. Hopefully the title/tool will be on a see-through slip (like the black lateralus), so i can take it off.

e. blue cum
04-16-2006, 03:30 PM
not really, i laughed when i saw it, and sighed when i saw the art, even knowing it was official.. the titles are neat though.. and the material is.. brilliant.. so far..

dancingflame
04-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I love the cover but uh, okay. Just because it's been used before on tour doesn't make it bad. It's an awesome Alex Grey work that actually holds meaning to the album (well Vicarious, at least).

sorry..but i reaed this again and again...and i want to tell you: this is not the same painting as the backdrops....

interbeing (backdrop)

net of being (cover)

i`m glad to help...oh and someone even wrote it was a"photo" by alex grey...hmm

and:

every person who is able to work at least a little bit with graphic-programmes knows how to make a 3-dimensional-looking "cd-box" out of a flat piece thats available E V E R Y W H E R E

and further:

what would be the problem if it was the real cover??????

GODfuckingDAMN!!!!!!!! I D I O T ZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!
listen to the music as soon as possible and throw away the damn cover if you don`t like it

btw.: i do not want tobe offensive against anyone
but this forum makes me think that the only NEW DIMENSION the new tool will open is the dimension of infinite stupidity!!!!!

Sasha
04-16-2006, 04:24 PM
i really like it except for the whole feeling that the logo and album name have just been placed on top of the cover. it would do better without any writing, as to not distract from the painting. maybe, just the sides. but then again, its not official, so maybe tool will think like me. hopefully.

that_canuck
04-16-2006, 06:47 PM
my question is about hte date, it appears to state april 28th as the release date with "get it first" promos on the 27th.....explanations?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
04-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I realize this is just a picture but does anyone think the way the packaging looks will be representative of what it really look like IE the thickness of it. (cause damn that looks thick).

FistFck
04-16-2006, 07:52 PM
the pics that leaked looked like they were from a big book. sooo maybe.

randomhero8823
04-16-2006, 07:54 PM
i love the cover as well

orange.juice
04-17-2006, 04:06 AM
my question is about hte date, it appears to state april 28th as the release date with "get it first" promos on the 27th.....explanations?
Germany. Release parties.

tangent
04-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Expect a predominantly black cover.

erazorhead
04-17-2006, 05:40 AM
i have to say that in terms of the new logo, i agree with whoever said it is nu-metallish. lateralus font was much more appealing, and i hope the logo isn't too predominant on the artwork

bass_dude
04-17-2006, 06:13 AM
i really like it except for the whole feeling that the logo and album name have just been placed on top of the cover. it would do better without any writing, as to not distract from the painting. maybe, just the sides. but then again, its not official, so maybe tool will think like me. hopefully.

what i'm thinking (or maybe hoping) is that there is no writing, but there is a slip over the case with the title/artist (a la Lateralus)

dancingflame
04-17-2006, 06:23 AM
and it says that you can win the chance to watch them play at a big festival in germany...from the stage...hmmm....

MentalSanityOff
04-17-2006, 08:10 AM
I like how Blair originally said that the new logo would not be on the CD cover

Sasha
04-17-2006, 09:07 AM
what i'm thinking (or maybe hoping) is that there is no writing, but there is a slip over the case with the title/artist (a la Lateralus)
As in all of it being clear except for the logo and the title? That seems a bit bare. Lateralus was done that way, but it was black thus adding more depth, and letting it stand alone. The clear slip-on would be boring.

I'd really love a lot of art/photography that pertains to each and every song. Given it more of a backstory.