PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of Vicarious as First Track

CalfMan
04-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Well, after reading countless posts about this song being good / bad and comparisons to schism, I was wondering what other people thought of this song as a first track, and what it could mean for the flow of the album.

Since this has been mentioned as the most "radio friendly" track and since the reviews say the album gets more intense as it goes along, I cant imagine what the "hard" tracks will sound like. I think we could be in for another Aenima, where the first 6 or 7 tracks were strong in their own right, but the second half reached a new level of complexity and depth. In the couple of breakdowns in this song, I can hear a bit of a return to the soundscapes that filled the last half of aenima and didnt make as much of an appearance on Lateralus. Im starting to think that 10k days could be a hell of a ride.

auralassassin
04-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Hell of a ride, indeed. I'm hard.

hateAliases
04-16-2006, 12:11 AM
yep. indeed.

ey i mean maynard (saying maynard because half of this forum is shitting on maynards head because THEY JUST HAVE TO DESTROY every good feeling the get to know.) didnt even disappoint us (lyrically) in a perfect circle, in fact i really really love the 2 albums, of course not emotive... well maybe a few songs to be honest.

were talking about TOOL man ;-) they wont, and simply cant disappoint us.

this albums going to be great!! lets stoke some pleasant anticipation because its a much better feeling than spoiling everything and hey this anticipation doesnt rest that long so .... ;-)

a good day to everyone! ..

wow omg i am actually happy. whats that? ;-)

love...

auralassassin
04-16-2006, 12:22 AM
I only liked Mer De Noms, so I don't even know how, if this sounds like Emotive, I could like this--but I love it... case in point, it's no late APC rip

SoulEdge
04-16-2006, 12:25 AM
if this sounds like Emotive, I could like this

I warn you not to bring eMOTIVe up when discussing Vicarious, for your sake of not getting flamed.

Siel Yardman
04-16-2006, 12:26 AM
there is nothing in this apc related.

only thing people confuse is that maynard's style was originally in tool and he sang for both bands. they automatically assume apc is him...only his vocals were. tool and apc are maynard IF you listen only to vocals.

fact is doesnt matter if its pucifier, tool, apc, deftones, nin IF maynard sings in it people will associate whatever they just heard to that particular style...regardless if it's the man that makes the sounds. they see something the same because they fear change.

auralassassin
04-16-2006, 12:38 AM
I warn you not to bring eMOTIVe up when discussing Vicarious, for your sake of not getting flamed.

why not take the entire quote, and not a snippet, dude...

I was saying that I liked this track, and didn't like emotive--if this were like emotive I wouldn't LIKE IT... but I DO like it, hence it not being like Emotive

bo bo
04-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Well, after reading countless posts about this song being good / bad and comparisons to schism

Am I the only person who doesn't think this song sounds anything like schism?

auralassassin
04-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Am I the only person who doesn't think this song sounds anything like schism?

eh.. the PATTERN is SOMEWHAT similar... the sound and the key are completely different... the tempo is MUCH faster on this one, as well.

hateAliases
04-16-2006, 01:07 AM
they see something the same because they fear change.

yep, right. humans fear everything new because the things they got used to make them happy and that feeling they dont want to lose. makes sense hehe.

hateAliases
04-16-2006, 01:08 AM
eh.. the PATTERN is SOMEWHAT similar... the sound and the key are completely different... the tempo is MUCH faster on this one, as well.

yeah im just butcherin' it on my acoustic... its very fun to play this song, even on a acoustic.

auralassassin
04-16-2006, 01:14 AM
yeah im just butcherin' it on my acoustic... its very fun to play this song, even on a acoustic.

Dude, I have an accoustic bass, and I'm trying to work out the bassline of this track for a tab. it's not working for shit. I could probably butcher the main guitar part easily. That bassline is like WTF!!!

I wouldn't even begin to fuck with these drums...

hateAliases
04-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Dude, I have an accoustic bass, and I'm trying to work out the bassline of this track for a tab. it's not working for shit. That bassline is like WTF!!!

ok lets see maybe i can find something out of it.

Volrath
04-16-2006, 01:34 AM
I think this song is supposed to form a bridge between two albums, hence the similarities from previous songs. But I could be completely wrong to.

hateAliases
04-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Dude, now that im trying to find out the bass line, its sounds daaaaaaaaaamn fucking cool man, but i think the "intro" he's doing is like (TAB IS FROM ACOUSTIC GUITAR! I DONT HAVE A BASS)

E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G--7----5----7----7-9-----5--------7----7---9---10---9----7--9----7---5---7---
D----00---00---00-----00-----00------0-????????????????????????????????????----
A-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^
||

this was once supposed to be the little ending of this riff but im too lazy... sorry ;-)

hateAliases
04-16-2006, 02:36 AM
when adam goes nuts, justin is dong something like

---------------------- 3" "* schism like, 1 riff
0 0 12 0 0 7 0 "0-3-5