PDA

View Full Version : Natural Born Killers

Scrunzset
04-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Bin this or move this, if need be. Maybe needs to be moved to the "Vicarious" list, I dunno.

OK, so starting on Thursday, I've been exploring my Natural Born Killers DVD... not the first time I have done this. Usually after a few months I forget how fuckin' awesome this film is and how truthful it is, aside from the outcry of rage from critics/the public about it's violence.

I've been watching the movie very slowly (not in slow-motion, but pausing it here-and-there to go off and do other things) so the story is fresh in my mind for longer... prolonging the experience. Cut to Friday and the leak. Totally all about it, love it. Then I start reading the lyrics, and I was pleased that it relates a lot to the themes in Natural Born Killers... a film made over a decade ago still is right on with it's views and it's message.

Now, one of my problems is that I have trouble articulating. I guess it's my ADD, and I'm not inviting any criticism about this, just wanted to get it out into the open, cuz there's a lot of ideas (I think) in Vicarious that relates to Natural Born Killers, and I'm not currently quite able to manifest them into words for me to type. But hey, this is why we have message board, do we not? So we can add to and discuss ideas. Hope you all don't flame me saying that this thread is irrelevant, but everyone's got their own opinion (dons hazmat suit).

So, if you haven't seen this movie a) at all b) more than once or c) in quite a while, then I strongly urge you to see this film again. And if you have/are able to get ahold of the DVD, then DEFINITELY check out the commentary by Oliver Stone. Many of his thoughts are very intimate and wise and he explains a lot of elements in the film that would otherwise be dismissed out-of-hand by a viewer.

SoulEdge
04-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Usually after a few months I forget how fuckin' awesome this film is

I agree.

Mister rabbit says, "A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Scrunzset
04-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Mister rabbit says, "A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Wow, that's fuckin' creepy... I paused the movie during that part to get up and write this thread. =D

sianspheric
04-15-2006, 11:47 PM
watched this with my girlfriend last week, and spend half the film laughing at oliver stones camera shot and shit....

wow, how fun do you think that was?