PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious too impervious for americans huh

Lauris
04-15-2006, 09:42 AM
This is perfect seguence to lateralus album, that brings us in new teritory.
we should be thankfull to the band that they have made it for us.
I am listenig to the song all over and over again. It keeps becoming better with every time.
But i read these reviews and it seems funny how You dont want to see the all the groundbrakeing things about this song.
Some talk about the lyrics that they are not toolish heheh, but they are really unordinary for Tool. I am relly glad that Tool keeps this atitude "much better you than me..." This some kind of sharp truth is far more useful, than all this ezoteric castaneda thing that became self-sufficient. These days its a shame not to be political. APC was funny, but Tool does it in the right way. Artists are like carpenters - its worth only if someone finds the things you do usefull.
talking about ezoterical expierences is not so usefull (though magic mushrooms might be heh)
About the sound - some say its not heavy? I am really glad. When i heard Tool is going to amke heavy album i was worried, as i was expecting something like Godspeed or Mogwai style, but then again - it would be cliche that you can see with amny young bands.
The guitar sound is not so dry and artifical as in Lateralus which was mechanic album. The sound is more fat, i think because of Rivera Knucklehead. its more organica.
The schism style sound and riffs just brings in the conection with Lateralus.

Ok, my english was bad, i couldnt tell exactly what i wanted hehe
but all i wanted to say - all americans i have met are funny. i dont now why, but you are funny hehe

voleurz
04-15-2006, 09:44 AM
theyre also fat

Teratoma
04-15-2006, 09:45 AM
This is perfect seguence to lateralus album, that brings us in new teritory.
we should be thankfull to the band that they have made it for us.
I am listenig to the song all over and over again. It keeps becoming better with every time.
But i read these reviews and it seems funny how You dont want to see the all the groundbrakeing things about this song.
Some talk about the lyrics that they are not toolish heheh, but they are really unordinary for Tool. I am relly glad that Tool keeps this atitude "much better you than me..." This some kind of sharp truth is far more useful, than all this ezoteric castaneda thing that became self-sufficient. These days its a shame not to be political. APC was funny, but Tool does it in the right way. Artists are like carpenters - its worth only if someone finds the things you do usefull.
talking about ezoterical expierences is not so usefull (though magic mushrooms might be heh)
About the sound - some say its not heavy? I am really glad. When i heard Tool is going to amke heavy album i was worried, as i was expecting something like Godspeed or Mogwai style, but then again - it would be cliche that you can see with amny young bands.
The guitar sound is not so dry and artifical as in Lateralus which was mechanic album. The sound is more fat, i think because of Rivera Knucklehead. its more organica.

Ok, my english was bad, i couldnt tell exactly what i wanted hehe
but all i wanted to say - all americans i have met are funny. i dont now why, but you are funny hehe

I like the song a lot and agree with some points you made. But if you're going to stereotype me with a lump of other people who gripe all day on this board and say "ALL AMRICANS, blah blah": then a gigantic-sized FUCK YOU, to you sir.

Dredg
04-15-2006, 09:58 AM

um its heavy, but in that crappy nu-metal heavy. When people say it is not heavy it is because they fell short of the goal.

The guitar sound is not so dry and artifical as in Lateralus which was mechanic album. The sound is more fat, i think because of Rivera Knucklehead. its more organica. organic? You mean generic and artifical. Like all other Lateralus albums it felt like the band was playing Live, however, on Vicarious it sounds like nu-metal recorded in a studio.

Sorta like eating left over cold pizza from the previous night. I got ya.

Dick Savage
04-15-2006, 10:07 AM
um its heavy, but in that crappy nu-metal heavy. When people say it is not heavy it is because they fell short of the goal.

yea, the riffs in this song sound a lot like godsmack or disturbed...

organic? You mean generic and artifical. Like all other Lateralus albums it felt like the band was playing Live, however, on Vicarious it sounds like nu-metal recorded in a studio.

Being a music producer, the production quality of this album is quite a bit better. I don't think you understand the production elements utilized here and how they pertain to the sound of the song as it was intended.

I actually can't believe that you can't grasp the innovative concepts that this song is absolutely laced with. I deem your judgement of artistic expression overtly comparitive and lacking the basic ability to take in a song for what its worth, emotionally and technically, and formulating a reasonable conclusion of the song's greatness (or lack there of)

dracomordag
04-15-2006, 11:54 AM
I like the song a lot and agree with some points you made. But if you're going to stereotype me with a lump of other people who gripe all day on this board and say "ALL AMRICANS, blah blah": then a gigantic-sized FUCK YOU, to you sir.

agreed, and I'll do it for you:

FUCK YOU

everlastingpmpkn
04-15-2006, 12:19 PM
seriously, shut the fuck up with the american generalization, theres europeans and australians on this board that don't think the single is that great either.

all latvians i have met are douchebags

albeit you're the only latvian i've ever met

weak&weary
04-15-2006, 12:23 PM
theyre also fat
The truth of this post cannot be understated.

The/Perfect/Tool
04-15-2006, 12:23 PM

organic? You mean generic and artifical. Like all other Lateralus albums it felt like the band was playing Live, however, on Vicarious it sounds like nu-metal recorded in a studio.

Redundancy police! whaahahahwhahahwhehahhwh!

Lauris
04-15-2006, 12:25 PM
agreed, and I'll do it for you:

FUCK YOU

heheh it was a joke for americans, but you are still funny. Ok, no fun about amercians hehe its not funny
it was just because we have recieved fresh music from the band we (at least i) love, and people talk shit. not the opinons, but many people talk shit here.
opinions are opinions but those few people who act like they dont like the band and its music post here and make an image that its bad, when its brilliant.
internet forum people should be thankfull for the access (they have) to so many other people that read these forums. so one shold take responibility not to write stuipid speculations like "the new album is going to suck" or something like that. it can ahrm inocient people hehe

Tunguska
04-15-2006, 12:36 PM
You are all fucking retards!!!
Go listen to disturbed or papa roach, or maybe some pretentious godspeed! you black fûcker.
TOOL is Doing it right your not.

B.r. Colonel Calypool

dracomordag
04-15-2006, 12:58 PM
anyone who thinks this is nu-metal needs to go listen to Linkin Park's Points of Authority then get back to us

Dolophane
04-15-2006, 01:01 PM
heheh it was a joke for americans, but you are still funny. Ok, no fun about amercians hehe its not funny
it was just because we have recieved fresh music from the band we (at least i) love, and people talk shit. not the opinons, but many people talk shit here.
opinions are opinions but those few people who act like they dont like the band and its music post here and make an image that its bad, when its brilliant.
internet forum people should be thankfull for the access (they have) to so many other people that read these forums. so one shold take responibility not to write stuipid speculations like "the new album is going to suck" or something like that. it can ahrm inocient people hehe
How does this have any direct connections with being about Americans? Sorta just sounds like assholes to me...

stardown
04-15-2006, 01:06 PM
anyone who thinks this is nu-metal needs to go listen to Linkin Park's Points of Authority then get back to us

;)

RED_THE_HAT
04-15-2006, 10:12 PM
seriously, shut the fuck up with the american generalization, theres europeans and australians on this board that don't think the single is that great either.

Man, it doesnt matter what people think of the single, where they are from, what colour they are, what language they speak. For fucks sake, we all bleed red, and bruise the same colour.
If anyone is gonna put someone into a category because they dont like the single, and just so happen to be from another country, then that is just wrong. no wonder the world is a fucked up place to be!!
I dont judge people form other countries, some countries, I dont like the way their polotics work, but hey, i dont live there, so I dont have a right to say what i think should happen, but either way, a fucking Afghani could come up to me, tell me the tool single sucks, and I aint gonna tell him to fuck off like the dune coon he is into the mud hut he came from so I can blow up his friends!! That's just fucking harsh man.....

Lauris
04-16-2006, 01:51 AM
Man, it doesnt matter what people think of the single, where they are from, what colour they are, what language they speak. For fucks sake, we all bleed red, and bruise the same colour.
If anyone is gonna put someone into a category because they dont like the single, and just so happen to be from another country, then that is just wrong. no wonder the world is a fucked up place to be!!
I dont judge people form other countries, some countries, I dont like the way their polotics work, but hey, i dont live there, so I dont have a right to say what i think should happen, but either way, a fucking Afghani could come up to me, tell me the tool single sucks, and I aint gonna tell him to fuck off like the dune coon he is into the mud hut he came from so I can blow up his friends!! That's just fucking harsh man.....

that all american shit was just a marketing strategy for You to read what i have said hehh just getting attention.
what i wanted to stress is not to show disrespect to the band. Opinions that are disrespectfull should not be in this forum in logic. if i say fuck tool it sucks - is that the opinion for this forum?!

neurosis79
04-16-2006, 01:56 AM

YOU SHOULD JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!
This is their best song ever.

Asmo
04-16-2006, 02:13 AM

Your ears must really suck. Either that or the more likely explanation, you really don't have any idea about music whatsoever.

04-16-2006, 02:19 AM
theyre also fat

sorry if we have enough food to go around... hope you don't have to wait too long in line to get some bread and shoes... I mean that, cheers!

soberwithapenis
04-16-2006, 02:59 AM

No one has murdered linkin park yet?
I knew i was saving my money for something.

Siel Yardman
04-16-2006, 03:00 AM
sorry if we have enough food to go around... hope you don't have to wait too long in line to get some bread and shoes... I mean that, cheers!

stated so eloquently.

soberwithapenis
04-16-2006, 03:02 AM

Yes...all that matters is that you spell color or vaccum with an extra 'u'.

We americans arent fat...just all those inbred bush supporters in the mid-west/south...but the huricanes are helping with that.
I'm more concerned with globalization and outsourcing than obesity.
but im mostly concerned with the new TOOL ALBUM !!!!
im so giddy!

eonphi
04-16-2006, 06:35 AM
can i ask what the hell chastising americans has to do with vicarious?

STA
04-16-2006, 06:41 AM
Man, it doesnt matter what people think of the single, where they are from, what colour they are, what language they speak. For fucks sake, we all bleed red

Americans bleed red, white, and blue!

chris_lopo
04-16-2006, 07:17 AM
Well...

What can I say about Vicarious? It's is the real portrait of the human being in the present days. Fuck who say "it's only americans" because it's not! The human being love to see death, no matter what kind of death is. I'm reading a lot about this, about how lust and ignorance kill more than aids, for example. Everything we touch turns to shit, EVERYTHING! We are killing our own planet, but the TV shows are so fucking more important to care about the rest.

PS: I am NOT american.

Orph8998
04-16-2006, 07:42 AM
may we simply look at the guitar work, adam's nu metal-esque chuging on a d
CHUG CHUG CHUG RAWR IM SCARY!
and then maynard's gay vocals in the begining...which i could have looked over it if adam's guitaring wasnt so gay
i mean...fuck you adam jones
all im saying is that dredg and the mars volta do it better
a lot better
and tool aint got nothing on them

Bob_Marley_Wannabe
04-16-2006, 08:26 AM
sorry if we have enough food to go around... hope you don't have to wait too long in line to get some bread and shoes...

lmao, my thought exactly

voleurz
04-16-2006, 08:28 AM
nice attitude... that will move us all forwards

oh we have enough so its ok.

Opiate Son
04-18-2006, 04:22 PM
may we simply look at the guitar work, adam's nu metal-esque chuging on a d
CHUG CHUG CHUG RAWR IM SCARY!
and then maynard's gay vocals in the begining...which i could have looked over it if adam's guitaring wasnt so gay
i mean...fuck you adam jones
all im saying is that dredg and the mars volta do it better
a lot better
and tool aint got nothing on them

before you call Maynards vocals gay, you might want to consider that the singer for The Mars Volta sounds like a freakin girl!!! i love the band (although the 1st album was much better) but lets be real here, why compare these bands anyway...it's apples and oranges.