PDA

View Full Version : 46 chromosomes

numb...
03-17-2003, 02:05 AM
"By stepping through my shadow / Coming out the other side / Step into the shadow / Forty-six and two are just ahead of me." After much evaluation , a strong speculation among fans is that the song refers to the 46 chromosomes in the human genome, the shadow refers to the evils of society, and the extra "2" conveys the image of the narrator evolving beyond the rest of society to form a new consciousness. Obviously, not the usual 'boy meets girl' song.

jpmanson
03-17-2003, 04:59 PM
well, i always thought that the 46 & 2 chromosomes was meant to be our genetic structure after evolving..

humans have 44 regular chromosomes and 2 sex chromosomes. the idea of 46 & 2 comes from that.

but, the problem with this idea is that humans are the only primates that have 44 & 2, while every other primate on earth has 46 & 2.

joeyt17
03-19-2003, 03:39 PM
This is explained very well in Bob Frissell's "nothing in this book is true, but its exactly the way things are." which is a great book, i suggest it.

we humans are currently at 44+2...when we evolve to christ consciousness set of mind we will then be at 46+2...that also involves traveling to another dimension i believe, but i cannot get into detail since its been a bit since i read it.

If you haven't read the book though, go buy it...its a great book, with some insight to some tool song means. and lots of other great ideas are talked about

jc1om3
03-19-2003, 08:15 PM
We know scientifically that other primates have 48 chromosomes, which we would also have if we acquired 2 more, so ummm... yea.

Lachrymologist
04-01-2003, 03:41 PM
That's what I think he means by "stepping through my shadow", according to jungian psychology the shadow is a primitive form of yourself, so maynard wants us to move forward and evolve by going back to our primitive state.