PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person?

embracingyou
04-14-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't particularly mind that the riff uses the same rhythm's as Schism. In fact I think this is the grooviest song since Prison Sex. All jokes aside, I quite like the new single... I hope there's better tracks on the new album, but for now I'm content!

dracomordag
04-14-2006, 10:33 PM
am i the only person that doesnt have this track?

PM plz. lawl

Rubb.
i like it.

Ocelot199
I don't have it either.

Tool4Eva
04-14-2006, 10:34 PM
It sucks.

embracingyou
04-14-2006, 10:35 PM
It sucks.

That's what happens when you hype the album up too much in your head... you set yourself for disappointment.

Tool4Eva
04-14-2006, 10:36 PM
No I knew it would suck, just not this much.

Systolic
04-14-2006, 10:37 PM
It doesnt suck at all.

Its incredible.

Ocelot199
04-14-2006, 10:38 PM
You and M'ope should be friends.

I kind of like not listening to the single. Now theres no way I can be a part of all the bitching people are doing at each other.

praefector
04-14-2006, 10:38 PM
keep listening to it

it is very different than schism...you just dont have anything else to compare it to and your brain cant handle the fact that youre hearing something new so you reach out and attatch it to something familiar.

let go and youll discover how different it is.

Ocelot199
04-14-2006, 10:39 PM
keep listening to it

it is very different than schism...you just dont have anything else to compare it to and your brain cant handle the fact that youre hearing something new so you reach out and attatch it to something familiar.

let go and youll discover how different it is.
Okay, that was a pretty [no] post dude. Its just Tool... theres nothing too out of the ordinary about them. They're just like any other rock band in the world...

NWO SHILL
04-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Not to be a beggar, but could someone please pm me a link? Also, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this. Could someone be so kind as to give me some basic directions?

praefector
04-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Okay, that was a pretty [no] post dude. Its just Tool... theres nothing too out of the ordinary about them. They're just like any other rock band in the world...

why was it whatever slur you decided to use there? its almost a proven fact that you cant absorb the complexity of a track like this until youve had time to listen, think about, and listen again. for some it takes MANY listens to truly appreciate it. lateralus as the prime example...the backlash for schism was worse than this vicarious business. but look around now, everyone and their mother LOVES lateralus.

and the last line of your post is quite comical. are you saying there isnt anything that separates tool from disturbed?

give me a break

NWO SHILL
04-14-2006, 10:44 PM
TYVM all. Don't need directions after all.

Ocelot199
04-14-2006, 10:46 PM
why was it whatever slur you decided to use there?

and the last line of your post is quite comical. are you saying there isnt anything that separates tool from disturbed?

give me a break
For your own reference, Disturbed is classified as nu-metal. Hardly rock.

And don't be stupid. Theres nothing that separates Tool from most other prog-rock bands aside from their own little twist. Other than their own sound, they follow the same basic structure and harmonies as any other band would. Theres nothing revolutionary or special about Tool, they're just really good at doing rock music.

Try listening to Merbow or Boris some time. Then come back to me with your mind trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

MentalSanityOff
04-14-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't particularly mind that the riff uses the same rhythm's as Schism. In fact I think this is the grooviest song since Prison Sex. All jokes aside, I quite like the new single... I hope there's better tracks on the new album, but for now I'm content!
funny, ive never liked prison sex. the song, that is.

T-13h
04-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Fuck lateralus,

I need to watch things die...from a distance...

You all feel the same, so why can't we just admit...

chatnoir
04-14-2006, 10:52 PM
yes i do not have it either. would someone be so kind as to pm me?!!! plz plz!

zach5284
04-14-2006, 10:53 PM
I listened to VICARIOUS like 5 times and after this it automatically goes to Stinkfist on my computer ( I have iTunes) AND I AM STILL MORE INTERESTED IN STINKFIST. Obviously this song is terrible.

zach5284
04-14-2006, 10:54 PM
yes i do not have it either. would someone be so kind as to pm me?!!! plz plz!

DONT LISTEN TO IT. YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED AND PISSED OFF!!!

embracingyou
04-14-2006, 10:55 PM
I disagree, soon as Maynard starts going "I need to watch things die" it sends a shiver up my spine... that's when you know it's a Tool song. As a fan.

Frances
04-14-2006, 10:58 PM

would you just shut the fuck up please ocelot? they're NOT just like ANY other band, they are unique and no band is the same. stop trying to be cool like you do, and dont fucking call his post gay because you used to say the same shit, and don't say "i've grown up" because no one "grows up", they just think they're actually significantly different since yadda yadda time period. please just SHUT THE FUCK UP.

chatnoir
04-14-2006, 11:04 PM
i don't want to here it now but i need to. it's like looking at car crashes. it's the curiosity. pm me pretty please?

embracingyou
04-14-2006, 11:06 PM
it's like looking at car crashes.

Ah... I think that's the point of the whole anger behind the song meaning in a sense.

dracomordag
04-14-2006, 11:06 PM
this song

omg

so good

cant wait

Dross
04-14-2006, 11:07 PM

What is so much better?

Ocelot199
04-14-2006, 11:10 PM
would you just shut the fuck up please ocelot? they're NOT just like ANY other band, they are unique and no band is the same. stop trying to be cool like you do, and dont fucking call his post gay because you used to say the same shit, and don't say "i've grown up" because no one "grows up", they just think they're actually significantly different since yadda yadda time period. please just SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Seriously, you n00bs need to stop with the uninformed posts thinking you're owning me. Its annoying.

He was trying to say that while listening to new Tool your mind cannot comprehend how original it is, so it tries to relate it to previous Tool songs in order to feel more comfortable. That doesn't make any Goddamn sense. Tool is just a rock band that uses rock instruments with rock rhythms, harmonies, beats, and structures and rock lyrics. Pretending they're something above just a rock band is ignorant and fanboi-ish. They're good at what they do, but Jesus Christ... they're still just a rock band.

Edit: Perhaps his brain honestly functions like that, in which case I would wager to guess he listens to nothing but Tool and the bands Tool associates with.

Good for him. And Good For You.

Chuck_Of_Wah
04-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Someone considerate enough, please PM the link, as I haven't heard the song yet. Thanks

Frances
04-14-2006, 11:18 PM
i'm not a fucking n00b you piece of shit, i've been here longer than you as placidium/jonathan and whatever the fuck else, and i'm not here to own you, so stop acting like you understand me and i have the same motives as these other IDIOTS, you fucking NOOB, with the GAYEST posts of anyone here, stop fucking POSTING. PLEASE.

Ocelot199
04-14-2006, 11:19 PM
i'm not a fucking n00b you piece of shit, i've been here longer than you as placidium/jonathan and whatever the fuck else, and i'm not here to own you, so stop acting like you understand me and i have the same motives as these other IDIOTS, you fucking NOOB, you fucking GAY noob, stop fucking POSTING. PLEASE.
Wow, I just noticed that it was you posting... your last post to me was so noobish I just assumed...

Either way, you're pretty obviously fucked up on something right now. I know you're cool with me... so I'll just take it that you're high or whatever...

Morfindel
04-14-2006, 11:20 PM
am i the only person that doesnt have this track?

PM plz. lawl

Look in torrent sites

Frances
04-14-2006, 11:22 PM
no, i'm pretty sober, if i'm high on anything, it's the piss fragrance in the air, and this new tool song shaking my desk.

qowl
04-14-2006, 11:24 PM
am I the only one who is too stupid to find that leaked track everyone's talking about. Please HELP! me

Misanthrope
04-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Try listening to Merbow or Boris some time. Then come back to me with your mind trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. True. I think the only way to convince these people Ocelot is to have them go listen to something like that.

Frances
04-14-2006, 11:31 PM
i carry a belt of cds which i throw at people who enjoy inferior music..

T-13h
04-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Wow, I just noticed that it was you posting... your last post to me was so noobish I just assumed...

Either way, you're pretty obviously fucked up on something right now. I know you're cool with me... so I'll just take it that you're high or whatever...

haha, he totally called you out on thinking dudes are hot

Tool4Eva
04-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Seriously, you n00bs need to stop with the uninformed posts thinking you're owning me. Its annoying.

He was trying to say that while listening to new Tool your mind cannot comprehend how original it is, so it tries to relate it to previous Tool songs in order to feel more comfortable. That doesn't make any Goddamn sense. Tool is just a rock band that uses rock instruments with rock rhythms, harmonies, beats, and structures and rock lyrics. Pretending they're something above just a rock band is ignorant and fanboi-ish. They're good at what they do, but Jesus Christ... they're still just a rock band.
Ocelot actually posts something of worth.

tempathy
04-15-2006, 12:12 AM
man so many 1-posters coming in asking for links to the track. www.google.com LOOK UP TORRENT SITES AND SAVEUS

tempathy
04-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Ocelot actually posts something of worth.

and bests you in the process.

Kev1326
04-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Ok, I know, I'm obviously a noob to posting. But a hardcore tool fan. Can anyone please point me to a non bit-torrent download of it, please. I was on all damn night. Had I known the song leaked, I'd have been looking for it at 5 or 6 pm eastern or so when it leaked. Greatly appreciated if someone can drop me a link in a PM. Thanks. I'll try to visit more often here, and not become a lurker.

eon_yellow_apocalypse
04-15-2006, 01:34 AM
can anyone plz pm me a link 2 the song?
dying 2 hear it!

chatnoir
04-15-2006, 01:47 AM
yes please! some people don't know how to find or open torrent files. i implore anyone who has heard it, likes it, and is now full of sudden euphoric joy to spread the love etc and pm me!

*let's out cry of pining anguish*

mmortal03
04-16-2006, 02:56 PM
For your own reference, Disturbed is classified as nu-metal. Hardly rock.

And don't be stupid. Theres nothing that separates Tool from most other prog-rock bands aside from their own little twist. Other than their own sound, they follow the same basic structure and harmonies as any other band would. Theres nothing revolutionary or special about Tool, they're just really good at doing rock music.

Try listening to Merbow or Boris some time. Then come back to me with your mind trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

Yeah, I just went on Napster to listen to Disturbed's back catalog, and it doesn't even come close to the layers on this track. Also, Disturbed plays a lot of repeating the same note for the riffs, instead of changing it up, and the distortion on their guitars sounds muddier, not as clean; Tool, on the other hand, while the riff is a little repetitive, uses much more range of the guitar, per riff, and changes notes much more. They also have a lot more transitions. While it is true that difficulty doesn't necessarily make it better, the Tool stuff IS much more difficult to play, and I think it sounds better too.

JoeyVWEA
04-16-2006, 04:46 PM
AIM me josey2joey and you'll get a suprise...no not and std...but something better! hahaha