PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious radio sample - fake

tangent
04-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Anyone else figure this out yet or are you all still orgasmic over the remixed 30 seconds of Tool?

facelessDrone
04-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Right.

waffel
04-14-2006, 01:23 PM
WOW

ANIMATED AVATAR AND COLORED SIG!?!

FUCKING BANNED.

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Anyone else figure this out yet or are you all still orgasmic over the remixed 30 seconds of Tool?

proof?

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 01:24 PM
WOW

ANIMATED AVATAR AND COLORED SIG!?!

FUCKING BANNED.

ROTFL

waffel
04-14-2006, 01:25 PM
hahaha he got ownd

badshirt
If it was a sample download to test the servers I believe that it could be fake. I would dig proof if you're going to make a statement like that.
Or are you going to just make an outlandish call & claim "i was right" in the case of being right.

facelessDrone
BAHAHA.

phreak03

and what makes you think this?

Clutch it like an AEnima
it wasnt fake.......get over it

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 01:26 PM
hahaha he got ownd

he changed it very expediantly.

you put the fear of god into him.

waffel
nah a mod changed it

cr0nick
maybe.

i have a five minute "clip" of a song that may be vicarious. i say "clip" because the song ends abruptly at about 5:24. it's different, but i like it. the vocals aren't comparable to previous tool songs (assuming this is real).

Systolic
04-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Okay if they pulled some shit like that at this point, I would stop listening to them completely. I mean it. Pulling some stunt like that at this point is just disrespectful to everyone.

phreak03
maybe.

i have a five minute "clip" of a song that may be vicarious. i say "clip" because the song ends abruptly at about 5:24. it's different, but i like it. the vocals aren't comparable to previous tool songs (assuming this is real).

and where would i be able to find this clip?

epinephrine_redux
huzzah for mods!

badshirt
Kabir, can you confirm that the radio stream was Vicarious?

orange.juice
04-14-2006, 01:28 PM
hahaha he got ownd
heh.

liquidswordz
04-14-2006, 01:30 PM
does your 5 minute clip include the 30 second radio clip?

badshirt
04-14-2006, 01:31 PM
This guys tangent is bull. He makes a ridiculous statement and then runs off - not answering questions.

Does the clip include the bell, ding dong?

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 01:31 PM
does your 5 minute clip include the 30 second radio clip?

^a fantastic question.

praefector
04-14-2006, 01:34 PM
maybe.

www.yousendit.com please

tangent
04-14-2006, 01:34 PM
If it was a sample download to test the servers I believe that it could be fake. I would dig proof if you're going to make a statement like that.
Or are you going to just make an outlandish call & claim "i was right" in the case of being right.

Because

1. The part that sounds like vocals sounds just like parts of Third Eye

2. Why would they play 30 seconds before the release date or how could they after we have heard they are getting it on the day?

3. It could be allowed by the band to shut everyone up for a few days.

...and I still think it's a mix of a few other riffs...Someone also said on one of the other threads that one of the riffs sounded distinctly like something Tool played live.

Oh, and prove it IS real.

cr0nick
04-14-2006, 01:36 PM
i'd be willing to share the sample. i'm just speculating at this point. the radio clip and the sample i have doesn't really match up in my opinion. i'm not openly proclaiming that i have the single.

waffel
04-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Its your job to prove its fake.

phreak03
[QUOTE=tangent]Because

QUOTE]

Where the hell do you hear Vocals??

bass_dude
Q. Why would they play 30 seconds before the release date or how could they after we have heard they are getting it on the day?

A:. It could be allowed by the band to shut everyone up for a few days.

PROVE that it is fake. rather than just saying it sounds like something else.

Systolic
04-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Would, could, should..

How about IS?

badshirt
04-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Because

2. Why would they play 30 seconds before the release date or how could they after we have heard they are getting it on the day?

...and I still think it's a mix of a few other riffs...Someone also said on one of the other threads that one of the riffs sounded distinctly like something Tool played live.

1. I didn't hear any vocals in the track - where did you hear vocals?
2. Testing the servers w/ a tease download - maybe its not Vicarious - maybe it is.
3. A file sharing of this 30 second leak would also make it more difficult for people to share the real deal once it is out.

Alot of times jamming is part of the creative process and you incorporate elements that you created jamming while live or on records. Its a means of creating.

I cannot prove that it IS Vicarious - but I'm presuming that since the radio stations are announcing it as Vicarious - it is.
Why would they deceive those dudes?

praefector
04-14-2006, 01:40 PM
i'd be willing to share the sample. i'm just speculating at this point. the radio clip and the sample i have doesn't really match up in my opinion. i'm not openly proclaiming that i have the single.

upload it to www.yousendit.com and post the link they provide

or rapidshare

whichever you prefer

no one will be mad at you if it isnt/is real just curious to hear what is out there...just to make sure

waffel
04-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Tangent = banned.

facelessDrone
04-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Because

We can't *PROVE* anything. But, it's been on a bunch of radio stations already today. Honestly, in light of just that alone, which makes more sense? Real or fake?

OMG, it sounds like something Tool played live before. I guess they're not allowed to be influenced by their own music.

And I've heard ~30 seconds snippits of songs on the radio before, prior to the single's release. A local radio station did this with Linkin Park; if their album is important and anticipated enough to release such snippits, Tool's certainly is.

praefector
04-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Because

1. no vocals in the 30 second clip

2. they sent out the file to test the secure servers and also give the radio a
chance to promote the premier with a REAL clip

3. it could also be the band preparing radio listeners for the premiere of a much anticipated new song

and i swear people have gotten so skeptical and all because of a few jokes the band decided to play on us for always clamoring for information before we need it

eleven11
04-14-2006, 01:42 PM
the clip is from clear channel
hence, not fake end of discussion..

HalfASandwidch
04-14-2006, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=tangent]Because

QUOTE]

Where the hell do you hear Vocals??
He's probably talking about the Doom 3 track LOL. In, out, in, out.

Systolic
2. Testing the servers w/ a tease download - maybe its not Vicarious - maybe it is.
3. A file sharing of this 30 second leak would also make it more difficult for people to share the real deal once it is out.

Alot of times jamming is part of the creative process and you incorporate elements that you created jamming while live or on records. Its a means of creating.

I cannot prove that it IS Vicarious - but I'm presuming that since the radio stations are announcing it as Vicarious - it is.

Great points, especially good observation #2.

This is vicarious... It fits everything we have heard so far. That and its amazingly good already.

Only Tool could take a heavy riff like that and incorporate such a beautiful guitar melody.. Listen to the last 4 seconds of the clip or so... its beautiful.

tangent

1. Not exactly vocals, in third eye, about 6 minutes in.

2. Of course, I'm just trying to push the "maybe it's not" theory *shrugs*

Well if the deceive the media... They deceive us all...

tangent
04-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Great points, especially good observation #2.

This is vicarious... It fits everything we have heard so far. That and its amazingly good already.

Only Tool could take a heavy riff like that and incorporate such a beautiful guitar melody.. Listen to the last 4 seconds of the clip or so... its beautiful.

Unless it was a very well done remix of previous material.

badshirt
04-14-2006, 01:45 PM
1. Not exactly vocals, in third eye, about 6 minutes in.

2. Of course, I'm just trying to push the "maybe it's not" theory *shrugs*

what are you talking about?

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 01:46 PM
if you come on here claiming that the said clip is fake, you must prove it.

BTW,

B-B-B-BANNED!!

badshirt
04-14-2006, 01:46 PM

If it was a remix it would be pretty remarkable.
If radio stations announced that it was the single and it was not I would think that there would be hell to pay by legal teams.

badshirt
04-14-2006, 01:47 PM
if you come on here claiming that the said clip is fake, you must prove it.

I agree. Tangent acts as if he or she is 100% certain and has it figured out.

HalfASandwidch
hey fuckface, what part of:

NO ANIMATED AVATARS OR COLORED SIGS

dont you understand?
Probably the things I underlined.

Systolic

That makes no sense. Why not just make fans squirm in their seats a little more? I am sure this is legit.

Don't make speculations around here. I learned that lesson the hard way.

toocooltool
04-14-2006, 01:49 PM
hey fuckface, what part of:

NO ANIMATED AVATARS OR COLORED SIGS

dont you understand?

What about an animated sig and coloured avatar?

waffel
04-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Its not fake unless Tool was part of it.

They wouldnt play the sample without tool's permission, and they wouldnt play something NOT tool while claiming its tool without tool's permission.

eleven11
04-14-2006, 01:51 PM
being a web guy , here is my theory
look at the link
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DALLAS-TX/KDGE-FM/tool_vic_30spot_final_.mp3

one) its a clear channel secure download link for KDGE FM in Dallas
2) If you knew the exact title of the full .mp3, chances are its there as well
3) that is not fake 100%, based on that alone.

Noach
04-14-2006, 01:51 PM
I see where Tangent is coming from. The beginning of the clip sounds like the mellow part of Schism, but reversed and the heavy part sounds like the last 20 seconds of Schism but backwards.

Systolic
04-14-2006, 01:53 PM
being a web guy , here is my theory
look at the link
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DALLAS-TX/KDGE-FM/tool_vic_30spot_final_.mp3

one) its a clear channel secure download link for KDGE FM in Dallas
2) If you knew the exact title of the full .mp3, chances are its there as well
3) that is not fake 100%, based on that alone.

WOWOWOWOW

It sounds SOOOOO much better from that link!!!!!

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I see where Tangent is coming from. The beginning of the clip sounds like the mellow part of Schism, but reversed and the heavy part sounds like the last 20 seconds of Schism but backwards.

have you ever heard music played backwards?

the clip is definately not Schism backwards.

shockpoint
04-14-2006, 01:54 PM
http://www.counterfist.com

Listen to the flash... Is this the 5:40 song being referred to... because this crap leaked today called 10000 days....this is whats confusing lots of people

tangent
04-14-2006, 01:54 PM

Thanks. And I may be right or wrong... There's no harm in seeing it from both sides, no? And sorry, didn't know about the sig/font thing. I like my new one better ;)

HalfASandwidch
04-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Sounds like it has some elements of Pushit.

eleven11
lol
its not schism backwards... i just played schism backwards... you guys are nuts...

To think, someone could edit that together. no freaking way

Noach
have you ever heard music played backwards?

the clip is definately not Schism backwards.

I never said it was, I just said it sounds like it, like Adam took the Schism riff and tweaked it a little.

badshirt
04-14-2006, 01:56 PM
WOWOWOWOW

It sounds SOOOOO much better from that link!!!!!

It really does.

Systolic
Sounds like it has some elements of Pushit.

And what did I say about what I heard?

Just kidding.

What I heard wasn't this.

paraflux
No one gets banned for having an animated avatar if they change it quickly after being warned. But people do get pur on probation for flaming outside the bin (waffel).

tangent
That makes no sense. Why not just make fans squirm in their seats a little more? I am sure this is legit.

Don't make speculations around here. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Because it would make us all feel pretty silly lol... Well they have done stuff like this before, why not?

Noach
04-14-2006, 01:57 PM
We should just get Kabir to settle this for us. He has heard it right?

Havokb8
04-14-2006, 01:58 PM
I hope its fake, i only like the last 5 seconds, if its real, its not as good as anything on lateralus even. oh well

badshirt
04-14-2006, 01:59 PM

I hope he chimes in. There is a reason this is in the rumors section though.

tangent
04-14-2006, 01:59 PM

Wait a second, you mean if he says it's real then we must all believe him? Aww, and i was having so much fun.

Systolic
04-14-2006, 02:00 PM
I hope its fake, i only like the last 5 seconds, if its real, its not as good as anything on lateralus even. oh well

Wow.....

I think its fantastic...

waffel
04-14-2006, 02:00 PM
who did it flame, i was reading the dude the rules. Atleast i offered something to this thread by saying Tool would have to be behind this if it was fake.

What you posted could of been sent in a PM.

HalfASandwidch
04-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Well kabir said it was 10/4 and guess what time signature this clip is in.

AshleyKeenan
04-14-2006, 02:04 PM
THE CLIP IS FUCKING REAL BY THE SHINING LIGHT GLIMMERING FROM CRUSHING SYMBOLS O' DANNY...if you can't tell that the 30 seconds is real then you are not listening. As one who produced a fake earlier this week, I can say easily no question about it. IS THAT GUY FOR REAL??

The time signature by the way is 5/4

HalfASandwidch
04-14-2006, 02:05 PM
And what did I say about what I heard?
Don't know. I try to avoid anything you say.

praefector
04-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Well kabir said it was 10/4 and guess what time signature this clip is in.

i tapped it out at 5/4

but there could be more to it

i also couldve been going half-time i guess...

eleven11
04-14-2006, 02:06 PM
THE CLIP IS FUCKING REAL BY THE SHINING LIGHT GLIMMERING FROM CRUSHING SYMBOLS O' DANNY...if you can't tell that the 30 seconds is real then you are not listening. As one who produced a fake earlier this week, I can say easily no question about it. IS THAT GUY FOR REAL??

I agree,

I think if you cant understand thats real and/or tool.
You don't deserve 10,000 days yet.
Go get headphones, and then get undertow, aenima and lateralus because you have not fully learned tool

Havokb8
04-14-2006, 02:07 PM

Wow your brilliant. anyway kabirs review said vicarious just hits you..This definately doesnt just hit me. Dont see how you can say it does. the middle sounds like some piece of commercial rock to me, and the last 5 seconds are pretty cool

AshleyKeenan
YOu are correct , 5/4 is the correct time signature, refer to the guitar and bass tabs i posted

HalfASandwidch
i tapped it out at 5/4

but there could be more to it

i also couldve been going half-time i guess...
The part where it gets heavy sounds like it's in 10/4. Then again I don't know too much about music so I could be wrong.

badshirt
04-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Until I hear proof and this is in the Vicarious section - it is real.

tangent
04-14-2006, 02:09 PM
I think it is Tool. It's just not new.

shockpoint
04-14-2006, 02:10 PM
No drum rolling on the cymbal.

Danny sounds like a fucking school bell. He wins

Systolic
04-14-2006, 02:10 PM
The part where it gets heavy sounds like it's in 10/4. Then again I don't know too much about music so I could be wrong.

It could be counted in 10/4 or 5/4....
But if you count it 10/4 then its technically 5/2...

So you could count it in 10/8, which would be more practical. It could go either way.

So don't listen to anything I say, alright?

praefector
04-14-2006, 02:11 PM
the 5 min clip in question is confirmed false

the 30 second clip is real

/thread

HalfASandwidch
04-14-2006, 02:11 PM
It could be counted in 10/4 or 5/4....
But if you count it 10/4 then its technically 5/2...

So you could count it in 10/8, which would be more practical. It could go either way.

So don't listen to anything I say, alright?
Okay!

praefector
04-14-2006, 02:12 PM

just tap it out on your desk like a normal whole beat count (slow but not too slow) and everytime the riff starts over start your tap count again

after the 4th set of 5 a new part should begin

thats 5/4

HalfASandwidch
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
just tap it out on your desk like a normal whole beat count (slow but not too slow) and everytime the riff starts over start your tap count again

after the 4th set of 5 a new part should begin

thats 5/4
Ah. I see. Yeah 5/4.

Chris_Brightwell
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
I hope its fake, i only like the last 5 seconds, if its real, its not as good as anything on lateralus even. oh well... You've got to be kidding me.

You people are unbelievable.

badshirt
04-14-2006, 02:18 PM
... You've got to be kidding me.

You people are unbelievable.

Ha ha ha ha ha.
I know what you're thinking.

AshleyKeenan
04-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Like I said, and this is common ground for Tool. Again I am a music teacher, and in writing the tab out with rhythms (check the tab threads) you will see how it all makes sense.

Systolic
04-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Ah. I see. Yeah 5/4.

Unless you subdivide it..

They accent the "and" of the 3rd, and the downbeat of the 6th, and 8th eighth beats if you count it in 10/8, so that would mean they accented the "e" of the second beat, the down of the 3rd beat and the down of the 4th beat.

Systolic
04-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Unless you subdivide it..

They accent the "and" of the 3rd, and the downbeat of the 6th, and 8th eighth beats if you count it in 10/8, so that would mean they accented the "e" of the second beat, the down of the 3rd beat and the down of the 4th beat.

if you played it in 5/4 that is...

ObviousParadox
04-14-2006, 02:28 PM
what the hell is this thread even about?

praefector
04-14-2006, 02:39 PM
if you want a good exercise for tapping out time signatures try lateralus (the song)

acsguitar
04-14-2006, 02:39 PM
what the hell is this thread even about?
I think its about people who can't wait 2 days to hear a new song

ArizonaBay
04-14-2006, 02:41 PM

Interesting theory, you could be right. The start does sound like schism played backwards even with the gong-esque noises. This is just the band improvising on schism riffs, either that or its just really unoriginal.

praefector
04-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Interesting theory, you could be right. The start does sound like schism played backwards even with the gong-esque noises. This is just the band improvising on schism riffs, either that or its just really unoriginal.

or its just the band playing a new riff that eventually became a song called "vicarious"

love the avatar btw

el duderino

the great collapse
04-14-2006, 03:26 PM
I think its about people who can't wait 2 days to hear a new song
haha, seriously. the song comes out monday.

chill out, fuck.

Carny_Handles
04-14-2006, 03:27 PM

My advice is to not waste your intelict on these people. I've tried, its better to just have a small group of people that 'know' while the others will be left in the dark until the real release ;)

tangent
04-14-2006, 03:40 PM
My advice is to not waste your intelict on these people. I've tried, its better to just have a small group of people that 'know' while the others will be left in the dark until the real release ;)

... Good point.

6:00..Bhaal
04-18-2006, 09:56 AM

www.toolband.com

think its fake now?

kyyuulle
04-18-2006, 10:09 AM
haha