PDA

View Full Version : Will your local radio station edit it down?

randomhero8823
04-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Seeing Vicarious is 7 min + radio stations might be tempted to edit it down. I dont think mine will. after what they gave in to not editing parabol/parabola And if any of you listen to a radio station and they edit it.... this is what you do. KEEP CALLING IN AND BITCHING. Back when Parabola came out they didnt play it along with Parabol. So me and my friend called in like everyday and emailed them demanding they keep it the way it was intended and it worked.

So us Tool fans have to do our part and stop the editing if and when it occurs.
I hate it when radio stations do this, just because a song is long. All they want is more ad space. Greedy bastards.

ThePatient666
04-14-2006, 09:26 AM
My station never edited Schism, and they played it A LOT. But they did butcher Lateralus pretty bad...

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 09:29 AM
if they do, i will be e-mailing vigorously.

randomhero8823
04-14-2006, 09:30 AM
yeah, our radio stationed didnt cut down Lateralus. which was a suprise.

Nietzsche's Dead
04-14-2006, 09:33 AM
fuck the radio, it blows anyway :/

but i really hope they dont. hell, im just gonna d/l once it comes to radio anyway. you know ppl are gonna rip it instantly, and id say theyre gonna play it full length, at least the first time through.

phreak03
04-14-2006, 09:34 AM
if anything they should get rid of 7 different numetal songs and play the whole 7min Vicarious

mjk3131
04-14-2006, 09:34 AM
What if I don't have a local radio station that plays rock?
NY market stinks for radio.

Which is why XM rocks. Squizz (channel 48) plays lots and lots of Tool.

phreak03
04-14-2006, 09:35 AM
What if I don't have a local radio station that plays rock?
NY market stinks for radio.

Which is why XM rocks. Squizz (channel 48) plays lots and lots of Tool.

you could listen to stations online

edit: nevermind, didn't read the part where you said you had XM

Jesus Knievel
04-14-2006, 09:36 AM
my station plays the paitent not edited down

lateralus neither

mjk3131
04-14-2006, 09:38 AM
you could listen to stations online

edit: nevermind, didn't read the part where you said you had XM

It's just amazing that no radio station in the NYC area would even play anything by Tool anymore with 92.3 flipping formats once Howie left.

Like I said XM48 plays a ton of Tool at request.

kamyar
04-14-2006, 09:41 AM
my local stations (they are kinda big stations actually) even play No Quarter in its entirety.

i rememeber sophomor year of college i was going to get out of my car to get ot my Comp Sci final and all of a sudden No quarter came on.. and i stayed for the full 11 minutes or however long it was and went to class like 5 minutes late.

got a c.

who cares anyhow.. i dropped compsci and got into accounting.

mjk3131
04-14-2006, 09:42 AM
my local stations (they are kinda big stations actually) even play No Quarter in its entirety.

i rememeber sophomor year of college i was going to get out of my car to get ot my Comp Sci final and all of a sudden No quarter came on.. and i stayed for the full 11 minutes or however long it was and went to class like 5 minutes late.

got a c.

who cares anyhow.. i dropped compsci and got into accounting.

what station out of curiosity?

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 09:43 AM
i have a feeling that some terrestrial stations might play the whole song (uncut) when they premiere it.

THIS IS JUST SPECULATION.

randomhero8823
04-14-2006, 09:49 AM
your probably right

kamyar
04-14-2006, 09:56 AM
what station out of curiosity?

WAAF 107.3 out of Boston MA was the station that plays songs like No quarter and Lateralus in full..

now we have another station out of connecticut WCCC which comes in at 106.9 and they are actually my personal favorite because after tool shows.. they play like 2 straight hours of tool for people's ride home from the show.

which i think is badass.

and also.. one of the DJ's Craig is a pretty big tool fan.. I actually signed him up on the tool hub a long while back.

anyhow... good stations :)

randomhero8823
04-14-2006, 09:57 AM
WAAF 107.3 out of Boston MA was the station that plays songs like No quarter and Lateralus in full..

now we have another station out of connecticut WCCC which comes in at 106.9 and they are actually my personal favorite because after tool shows.. they play like 2 straight hours of tool for people's ride home from the show.

which i think is badass.

and also.. one of the DJ's Craig is a pretty big tool fan.. I actually signed up on the tool hub a long while back.

wish my stations were like that. damn your lucky

Eon Black Apocalypse
04-14-2006, 09:59 AM
anyone live in northern va/dc/md know when on monday dc101's playing vicarious?

randomhero8823
04-14-2006, 10:06 AM
email the station dude.

triad636
04-14-2006, 10:09 AM

which i think is badass.

and also.. one of the DJ's Craig is a pretty big tool fan.. I actually signed him up on the tool hub a long while back.

CCC said they would play it around 10 AM monday morning. I'm pretty sure it will be unedited.

liquidvw
04-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Can't beleive that anyone would still listen to old fashion tecticle redio with 20+ minutes of commertials per hour. You need to get Satelight radio! It's is much better.

Eon Black Apocalypse
04-14-2006, 10:30 AM
email the station dude.

I did a while back, nothing still.

MentalSanityOff
04-14-2006, 10:33 AM
lemme know when you figure it out

seemyshadowchanging
04-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Seeing Vicarious is 7 min + radio stations might be tempted to edit it down. I dont think mine will. after what they gave in to not editing parabol/parabola And if any of you listen to a radio station and they edit it.... this is what you do. KEEP CALLING IN AND BITCHING. Back when Parabola came out they didnt play it along with Parabol. So me and my friend called in like everyday and emailed them demanding they keep it the way it was intended and it worked.

So us Tool fans have to do our part and stop the editing if and when it occurs.
I hate it when radio stations do this, just because a song is long. All they want is more ad space. Greedy bastards.
The dj i talked to told me that it was not to be edited or according to sony bmgthat that was a disclaimer to all stations that it could not be edited.thats just according to him.

slicknickshady
04-14-2006, 10:36 AM
My station has not once edited a Tool song.

Nietzsche's Dead
04-14-2006, 10:36 AM

no idea, but ill be (trying) to listen to it all day. dc101 is the only decent rock station around, imo, but it rarely comes in up here :/ (harford county, md) but ill be listening along with ya..

slicknickshady
04-14-2006, 10:39 AM
email them, check my recent thread. everybody email there local stations.

randomhero8823
04-14-2006, 12:18 PM
I really hope NO radio station edits it

r4v3n
04-14-2006, 12:48 PM
my 2 stations here have played every tool song (singles) all the way through...how this happened ...we will never know....lol