PDA

View Full Version : 30 seconds of Vicarious on 105.9 The X (recorded link inside)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Madklikor
04-14-2006, 07:59 AM
The part in the beginning is quite amazing : the same riff in 5/4 is repeated three times with somes variations than on the fourth repeat bass and guitar overlap each other, making the riff much more complicated than it really is.

I like that Eb thrown at the beginning in a context of D minor. I like the combination of tablas and vibraphone (? I'm not sure, the drums are muddy on this recording) by Danny. The bad sound (we mostly hear the guitar) and the shortnest of the clip don't convey the complexity of this part. This is gonna be amazing.

Kalamazoo
04-14-2006, 08:00 AM
wow. you people freak out over jack shit.

MacFoley
04-14-2006, 08:02 AM
chill out guys, its only 30 seconds!

mancalledsun
04-14-2006, 08:04 AM
hey your from toronto...do you know if edge will play it?

I emailed Josie Dye and Bookie to find out when exactly it will be played. Still waiting for a response.. I'm thinking it's 10am.

badshirt
04-14-2006, 08:04 AM

Listening to 30 seconds of a Tool song is like listening to 3 seconds of any other average bands song.

Madklikor
04-14-2006, 08:05 AM

It's also the first notes of new music by Tool we hear since a long long time. I don't think the music in this clip is amazing, but it's really encouraging for the whole song.

Colonel Pants
04-14-2006, 08:06 AM
For those wondering if this means that radio stations now have the full song, I'm pretty sure the music director of that station who tipped us off said he "recieved 30 seconds of it". What they got is what we heard.

MacFoley
04-14-2006, 08:07 AM
It's also the first notes of new music by Tool we hear since a long long time. I don't think the music in this clip is amazing, but it's really encouraging for the whole song.

indeed. it sounds like a normal tool riff to me. but im waiting to hear the nard more than anything.

there are so many bands that sound like that 30 sec clip, but there is only 1 nard!

millermt
04-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Contacted Sirius, for those of you with satellite radio. They won't be playing anything 'til Monday. : (

epinephrine_redux
its a nice riff. the beginning is very King Crimsonesqe.

CroyezAuRien
Sounds great. Nice and heavy. Like somebody said earlier, its hard to tell as the radio makes everything sound pretty much level, as they have thresholds for loud/quite volumes so they can try to keep everything roughly the same volume.
And the reason it sounds a bit schism-esque, besides the pattern and muted notes, is that they jammed this bit at the end of schism when they played it live near the end of the 2002 tour. even the chimes and the bell. Great stuff anyway, looking forward to monday for the whole release.

Tim

mike09

It's the first new material from Tool that has been released in 5 years. Even though it's a 30 second clip, it is still something worth talking about. If you don't agree, great, but don't put other peoples' excitment down just because you don't seem to care.

phreak03
04-14-2006, 08:09 AM
I emailed Josie Dye and Bookie to find out when exactly it will be played. Still waiting for a response.. I'm thinking it's 10am.

i emailed bookie last week, still no reply

Nikola Petrovic
04-14-2006, 08:11 AM
heard it, loved it

EulogyCallinMe
04-14-2006, 08:11 AM
obviously you are not getting the same thing out of this mere 30 second clip as we are, or you just dont appreciate it as much however you definitely dont need to be rude and condescending about it. just because the little clip was near meaningless to you doesnt mean it doesnt hold value for us. certain things hold different values for different people. santa claus doesnt mean jack shit to me, but for some people its something to look forward to the whole year. so let me feel as i wish, i dont need you telling me what to do or how to feel.

Madklikor
04-14-2006, 08:12 AM
there are so many bands that sound like that 30 sec clip!

I don't agree, at least for the first part of this clip : these overlaping 5/4 riffs are really a toolish thing, and we'll hear them better in the real song. And Danny's playing is quite unique. The second part is indeed more standard, even if in 5/4.

Do anyone remember the intro to Schism they played on the last tour? The writing of this intro was very similar to this. I'm quite happy to hear they followed this direction.

EDIT : I think CroyezAuRien was talking about this intro, but I don't think it is the same jam, it's just the same kind of writing.

badshirt
04-14-2006, 08:16 AM
Hey, check it.

If you leak a 30 sec. Vicarious clips knuckleheads will then spread it - which makes it harder to find the real deal.

Heyooo!!!!!!!

mike tyson
HOLY SHIT IT'S 30 SECONDS

It means a lot to me to hear the song, but listening to a 30 second clip of a 7 minute song over and over is just stupid. In fact, if you do it, sign yourself up for the special olympics. Fuck.

Xanatos
I am not impressed, yet I will hold judgment until I hear the whole song.

Nebel
04-14-2006, 08:17 AM
obviously you are not getting the same thing out of this mere 30 second clip as we are, or you just dont appreciate it as much however you definitely dont need to be rude and condescending about it. just because the little clip was near meaningless to you doesnt mean it doesnt hold value for us. certain things hold different values for different people. santa claus doesnt mean jack shit to me, but for some people its something to look forward to the whole year. so let me feel as i wish, i dont need you telling me what to do or how to feel.

Could not AGREE MORE.

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 08:17 AM
I don't agree, at least for the first part of this clip : these overlaping 5/4 riffs are really a toolish thing, and we'll hear them better in the real song. And Danny's playing is quite unique. The second part is indeed more standard, even if in 5/4.

Do anyone remember the intro to Schism they played on the last tour? The writing of this intro was very similar to this. I'm quite happy to hear they followed this direction.

EDIT : I think CroyezAuRien was talking about this intro, but I don't think it is the same jam, it's just the same kind of writing.

check out "indicipline" by KC

Nietzsche's Dead
04-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Rapidshare. Why? WHY?!
??

nm!!!! thankyou!!! it will be on constant loop now :)

if only i could get rid of that dick face introducing it :((

CroyezAuRien
04-14-2006, 08:19 AM

Yeah, I know what bit you're talking about. Anyway, the first few seconds of that clip sound similar to the jam they did between schism and parabol live. If anyone has any recordings from 2002 check it out. I'm talking about the chimes/bells facet anyway really.

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 08:20 AM

It means a lot to me to hear the song, but listening to a 30 second clip of a 7 minute song over and over is just stupid. In fact, if you do it, sign yourself up for the special olympics. Fuck.

i guess you can sign me up for the wheelchair long-jump then.

all i said what that it's a nice riff. geeze.

thejesus
04-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Wow...what a monster riff...

Why oh why do they torture us like this....

Is this common, for radio stations to play short clips of new stuff before the single is officially released? I can't remember hearing a teaser being broadcast for any other song before...

sularetal
04-14-2006, 08:23 AM
can someone send me a link please

mike tyson
When I hear the full song or get some US Tour Dates (besides Coachella), THEN i'll be excited.

Madklikor
check out "indicipline" by KC

I know this song. I don't think this song is particularly close to what we're hearing now, there are others KC songs where their influence on Tool is more obvious. I'm not saying this kind of writing is played only by Tool (nothing is), but not many bands play that kind of thing now (KC is one of them, or used to be one of them - but I hear there a rythmic freedom that I don't hear in KC, at least not that way).

mike tyson
04-14-2006, 08:25 AM

http://rapidshare.de/files/17990524/vicarious30s.mp3.html

EulogyCallinMe
04-14-2006, 08:26 AM
thanks for the support nebel, systolic and epinephrine_redux

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 08:29 AM
I know this song. I don't think this song is particularly close to what we're hearing now, there are others KC songs where their influence on Tool is more obvious. I'm not saying this kind of writing is played only by Tool (nothing is), but not many bands play that kind of thing now (KC is one of them, or used to be one of them - but I hear there a rythmic freedom that I don't hear in KC, at least not that way).

agreed. the point-counter point guitar style that i heard in the beginning was the only similarity i was speaking of. then again it's a thirty second clip--just a titty flash if you will. we'll have her back at our place monday.

mike09
04-14-2006, 08:29 AM
thanks for the support nebel, systolic and epinephrine_redux

I got your back too. :)

Exoskeletal
04-14-2006, 08:30 AM
It's a very good riff, reminds me of Lateralus when it breaks in. But this 30 sec teaser is nothing... damn I need the whole song, monday seems so far away.

paraflux
04-14-2006, 08:31 AM

Look through the thread.

paraflux
04-14-2006, 08:31 AM

So nice. People should know though, that when the thread says "link inside" that the link is... well, inside.

InertUniformity
04-14-2006, 08:33 AM
i just wept

mike tyson
04-14-2006, 08:36 AM
The song/clip reminds me a lot of Schism and Jimmy.

mike09
04-14-2006, 08:38 AM

"Jimmy"? Really?

EulogyCallinMe
04-14-2006, 08:38 AM
and mike09. if we all hung out id buy us all some beer and cupcakes, and maybe some pie...

no disrespect to santa of course, just providing examples of symbols and value, be it a person or a song. personally harry hanukkah is my guy.

Estevan
04-14-2006, 08:39 AM
I am imagining Maynard singing over that, wow.

champion
04-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Fuck this. I'm waiting until I can hear the whole thing. Not even listening.

mike09
04-14-2006, 08:41 AM

You can't resist it

...search your feelings...you know it to be true...

EulogyCallinMe
04-14-2006, 08:42 AM

yeah kind of a good call. it only made me more anxious. and whoever said a few posts back that the release date has never seemed further away, is dead on.

hahah doom 4

vic1torious
04-14-2006, 08:42 AM
its in 5/4... sweet

adda da suh
04-14-2006, 08:43 AM
At 9 seconds into the clip, listen to the little "keyboard, synth noise" in the background It is almost the exact same sounds that they used in my live concert bootleg from Oklahoma City, right before they went into Schism, where Adam and Justin were alternating the bass/guitar initial riff from Schism.

Kalamazoo

yeah, good call. the clip isnt worth it. Wait for the whole thing.

Fap
I love the way it climaxes to the guitars at the end of the clip.

Also, do I hear tablas?

mike09
04-14-2006, 08:44 AM
yeah kind of a good call. it only made me more anxious. and whoever said a few posts back that the release date has never seemed further away, is dead on.

That was me. Yeah, I can't wait for Monday now. I'm way to anxious to hear the whole song. Damn, I'm excited.

a788
holy shit, that was amazing.... i want to listen to more.

InertUniformity
wow this is very exciting... i really feel truly happy for the first time in a long time...

i know its only 30 seconds...but i feel like i just had an enormous weight taken off of my shoulders...im on cloud 9 right now...

sucks that according to kabir this song isnt indicative of the rest of the album (well not really) actually im fuckin psyched stilll

good god

Volrath
04-14-2006, 08:47 AM
I am imagining Maynard singing over that, wow.
Gee have you come to accept the fact that the album might not suck? Sure took you long enough.

zac
04-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Contacted Sirius, for those of you with satellite radio. They won't be playing anything 'til Monday. : (
Any idea what channel will play it first and at what time.

EulogyCallinMe
04-14-2006, 08:51 AM
That was me. Yeah, I can't wait for Monday now. I'm way to anxious to hear the whole song. Damn, I'm excited.
agreed 300%. its not even the thirty second clip that moved me so much (even though it is totally spectacular). its what it represents. the sound and fury that is to come, the five year gap in between new music, and all the anticipation. and we get to hear even more on monday. my blood boils with excitment.

MacFoley
04-14-2006, 08:51 AM
what is the point getting all wet and hard for 30 seconds. tool songs are long so 30 seconds is not alot to go by.

roll on the 17th so we can all pass proper judgement.

zac
04-14-2006, 08:55 AM
I hate all you bastards because I am at work and my speakers don't work.

MacFoley
04-14-2006, 08:55 AM
I hate all you bastards because I am at work and my speakers don't work.

well it has an alarm bell on it if that helps!

adda da suh
04-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Who thinks that is a random clip from somewhere in the song, but not from the beginning. It sounds like bit from after the first stanza of vocals or chorus to me.

Mr. Tool
04-14-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm listening to it through a headset at work and it fucking still rocks! Can't wait till monday, gonna explode over the weekend!!

FistFck
04-14-2006, 08:58 AM
30 seconds or 7 minutes. i dont care. this shit kicks ass. just the fact that we have something that was made within that 5 year absence. it feels good again. it feels good to know that tool is back.

Choice Breath
04-14-2006, 08:58 AM

No matter what he says, don't sign up for the special olympics, you may steal his thunder in the decathalon or something. Or the newsletter writing event they've just added.

Also, don't listen to the 30 second clip over and over again. It is stupid, but not retarded. I'll do it a bit anyway.

Watching and mentioning
04-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Wow....that gave me shivers along my entire body and I even started to tear up. This album is DEFINATELY going to be worth the wait!

mancalledsun
Who thinks that is a random clip from somewhere in the song, but not from the beginning. It sounds like bit from after the first stanza of vocals or chorus to me.

Mmm, nah, it sounds like the beginning of the song to tell you the truth. Although I think there's probably another 30 songs of buildup BEFORE the clip that we don't hear right now.

epinephrine_redux

kabir said in his review that it does hit you right away. there may be an abrupt start. who knows?

Foamy
I've listened to it too much. I dont want it to ruin the feeling I get when I listen to the album.

XtotheY
Thanks for all the people who recorded it!

I love it! The guitar sounds awesome!! I bet this is one of the best they ever made!

RosettaStoned
04-14-2006, 09:02 AM
I've listened to it too much. I dont want it to ruin the feeling I get when I listen to the album.
Me to. But that riff is just so nice ;]

Sagacious Foetu
04-14-2006, 09:02 AM
YES SIR!!!!!!! very similar to one or more lateralus songs, but definitely got an original feel to it.

MacFoley
04-14-2006, 09:03 AM
sounds like the end of schism to me.

ProdigyDub
04-14-2006, 09:04 AM
wow this is very exciting... i really feel truly happy for the first time in a long time...

i know its only 30 seconds...but i feel like i just had an enormous weight taken off of my shoulders...im on cloud 9 right now...

sucks that according to kabir this song isnt indicative of the rest of the album (well not really) actually im fuckin psyched stilll

good god

No offense to you, as I thought the clip was awesome as well, but if hearing 30 second's of a Tool single is what it takes to make you feel "truly happy for the first time in a long time"...I feel kinda bad for you dude.

shorabali
04-14-2006, 09:06 AM
I love the way it climaxes to the guitars at the end of the clip.

Also, do I hear tablas?

Yes you do sonny boi.

RosettaStoned
04-14-2006, 09:07 AM
I think no tool fan can say these 30 seconds are fucked up.

epinephrine_redux
04-14-2006, 09:09 AM
i think this track has the potential to induce a great deal of fast driving.

ARMZ
04-14-2006, 09:12 AM
I've forgotten how it sounds which might be a bad thing.

JuhaDeWolf
04-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah if nobody wants the 'dickface' introducing it...

http://media.putfile.com/30-Second-Vicarious

It's just the music. But honestly folks, somebody give me some odds. Will I be able to hear the full version before I leave for Hawaii on Monday, April 17 at 7:00 AM EST.

a788
04-14-2006, 09:13 AM
i think this track has the potential to induce a great deal of fast driving.

hahah yeah i agree

mike tyson
04-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Oh and yeah, I hear "Jimmy" in it a little bit.. to whoever questioned me.

InertGrudge
04-14-2006, 09:15 AM
I don't know. I'm in love. As others have said, it's not so much that this clip blew me away with its depth (it's only 30 seconds after all), it's what the clip represents.

We are so close to a completely new album, a new experience. This is the first taste. I like it a lot and now I cannot wait for me.

Thanks to 105.9 the X for making my day.

a788
04-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Oh and yeah, I hear "Jimmy" in it a little bit.. to whoever questioned me.

i hear it too especially when it all comes in

ARMZ
04-14-2006, 09:16 AM
I don't know why, but when I hear the first second of it I think of singing "horror movie right there on my T.V"

InertGrudge
04-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Oh...and if there was any question remaining about how this album will be heavier than Lateralus...this clip erases that.

It's heavy. And it's brilliant.

HolyReality
04-14-2006, 09:17 AM
that shit rocked. hard. I can't fucking wait.

badshirt
04-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Do you think the stations only got 30secs?

I bet they did. Maybe a nice test of servers for download.

I bet the stations would play the complete version if they'd receive it.

hanger25934
04-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Oh...and if there was any question remaining about how this album will be heavier than Lateralus...this clip erases that.

i can think of about 20 different parts of lateralus that are heavier than this. i like how lateralus gets talked about like it was weak or something.

dracomordag
04-14-2006, 09:25 AM
alright, i mastered it really quickly... nothing too complex as this is just 30 seconds, and i dont feel like really putting any time into it

http://rapidshare.de/files/18003649/vicariousremastered.mp3.html

EDIT: removed the guy at the beginning for maximum looped play goodness

ProdigyDub
04-14-2006, 09:25 AM

The interesting thing is there's a bunch of conflicting reports about whether this is really their heaviest work to date.

I hope it is.

InertGrudge
04-14-2006, 09:26 AM
i can think of about 20 different parts of lateralus that are heavier than this. i like how lateralus gets talked about like it was weak or something.

I meant on a whole. You can think of parts that are heavier, but I think characterizing Lateralus as 'heavy' on a whole would be incorrect.

If this snippet is any indication of the album as a whole, I think 10k Days will be heavier than Lateralus. Reviews have said as much. I was simply backing that up. I happen to love the hell out of Lateralus, so I didn't mean for my comment to come off as anything other than what it was.

dracomordag
04-14-2006, 09:29 AM
yea, but if they leaked the heavy parts of Grudge, you could say that Lateralus was by far their heaviest album... 30 seconds does not an album make.

i hope it reflects the "balanced" side of what most reviews have said... these haunting, mesmeric sections alongside massive buildups and gutwrenching heavy parts.

FortySix&Two
if thats true - im amazed at your willpower

I'm not listening either. Why waste my first TOOL experience in 5 years on a 30 second recorded radio stream?

MacFoley
The interesting thing is there's a bunch of conflicting reports about whether this is really their heaviest work to date.

I hope it is.

well from the reviews i have read, this album has a more laid back approach to it, which is not a problem, as every tool album is different and it would be a bad thing if tool were to mellow out a little. as said the opening track is not an indication to what the rest of the album is.

sorry but i cant really get excited over 30 bloody seconds with no singing, no proper idea of how the song will sound etc etc.

roll on the 17th................

mancalledsun
04-14-2006, 09:32 AM
From what I've gathered, reviewers have said that when it's heavy, it's heavier than ever. But when it's quiet, it's the softest they've ever gotten. Kind've like they've hit both extremes in the same album...

randomhero8823
04-14-2006, 09:33 AM
this gave me chills..... reminded me of the 1st time i heard schism...

Fd2Blk
04-14-2006, 09:40 AM
I think it's funny how with every previous 'leak' there was always a question of its authenticity, but this is just so very obviously Tool that it leaves no doubt. No matter how the songwriting may have changed, the production/recording is unmistakable.

voleurz
04-14-2006, 09:42 AM
From what I've gathered, reviewers have said that when it's heavy, it's heavier than ever. But when it's quiet, it's the softest they've ever gotten. Kind've like they've hit both extremes in the same album...
good i cant stand all these monotonal albums that have come out in recent years eg. in flames come clarity or mudvayne one song sounds exacly like the other.. lame.

edit. i donut like mudvayn just using exmple

praefector
04-14-2006, 09:43 AM
thanks guys for recording and hosting this guys

i overslept because i was up so late waiting for kabir's 'news'

10/4 eh ...i thinks this is gonna be one amazing song

mancalledsun
04-14-2006, 09:44 AM
good i cant stand all these monotonal albums that have come out in recent years eg. in flames come clarity or mudvayne one song sounds exacly like the other.. lame.

edit. i donut like mudvayn just using exmple

I agree man! :o)

jerzzzey
04-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Its like a fusion of Schism & The Patient but a little harder then both.

bluefire
04-14-2006, 09:52 AM
how did they get a clip if they can't dl the song till the 17th?

facelessDrone
04-14-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm not wanking to this 30 second clip or anything, but I like it. Just eager and waiting for the rest.

It does sound pretty commercial, I think. If you ask me, it could be the intro even though it doesn't hit hard right away. Kabir said the album doesn't wait because there's no "white space" at the top. On Undertow, Intolerance had the bong hit noises in the beginning; on Lateralus, The Grudge had the mechanical noise for the first ~7 seconds. Stinkfist didn't really have the same kind of "white space," though, just the steel guitar...

Maybe Kabir just means there's no such "pause" in the beginning of the first track, and isn't necessarily saying that it starts out all loud and heavy the second you put the CD in? If you look at it that way, this could very well be the intro.

bluefire
04-14-2006, 09:57 AM
does sound to have a little mesuggah flavor

badshirt
04-14-2006, 09:58 AM
how did they get a clip if they can't dl the song till the 17th?

Maybe its a teaser to test the download servers.

If they had the full version it probably would have leaked by now.

Holydirt
04-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Holy shit, this is amazing.

blair's man sausage
04-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm not wanking to this 30 second clip or anything, but I like it. Just eager and waiting for the rest.

It does sound pretty commercial, I think. If you ask me, it could be the intro even though it doesn't hit hard right away. Kabir said the album doesn't wait because there's no "white space" at the top. On Undertow, Intolerance had the bong hit noises in the beginning; on Lateralus, The Grudge had the mechanical noise for the first ~7 seconds. Stinkfist didn't really have the same kind of "white space," though, just the steel guitar...

Maybe Kabir just means there's no such "pause" in the beginning of the first track, and isn't necessarily saying that it starts out all loud and heavy the second you put the CD in? If you look at it that way, this could very well be the intro.

va beacher as well eh? interesting...are you blowing off work as much as i...guess i shouldn't say that to loud around here, you mighyt work in my office

randomhero8823
04-14-2006, 10:04 AM
i can taste the Toolishness in the air... we are so close! about fucking time! This is one great year 2006..... I LOVE YOU

Rosette feasted
04-14-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't think so.

Gajarigon
04-14-2006, 10:08 AM

Yes yes yes! I too think he meant that there would be no earcandy before the first track started.

Although I don't really mind earcandy, as long as it doesn't replace real music.

Descencia
04-14-2006, 10:09 AM
I heard the clip about an hour ago. I noticed some of it sounds like the Schism interlude/breakdown before 'cold silence has'.

Oh and to the mods: I know my "k" post was deleted that I posted the myskatespot link in whichever topic it was, but I only did that so I could do save target as on the link to save it to my pc and then ipod. I edited the post to remove the link right after. Sorry.

facelessDrone
04-14-2006, 10:14 AM
va beacher as well eh? interesting...are you blowing off work as much as i...guess i shouldn't say that to loud around here, you mighyt work in my office

Heh, not entirely. I'm at work (Ocean Lakes area), but I have code running until, well...whenever it decides to finish, so there's not much I can do ATM besides post.

And I'm an independent contractor, so I'm not in your office ;)

Attila
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
This clip sounds amazing. It might be better than I expected. Now I'm gonna have to learn it on guitar. Anyone tried it yet?

04-14-2006, 10:17 AM
a lot of Tool stuff in 5/4 (like parts of Grudge and Patient) has had the feel of 6/8 + 2/4, but this main riff is more like 4/4 + 1/8. It would be really easy to transition into 4/4, so maybe that is why some people think it sounds more mainstream.

lachrymoIogy
04-14-2006, 10:18 AM
wow, i got home and someone actually sent me an instant message on aim with a link to the upload on putfile. don't know who it was, but fucking thanks a bunch. sounds GREAT

dekard49
04-14-2006, 10:20 AM
its in 5/4... sweet

I'm not too hot on this time change thing, in theory. How do you work it out?

Anti-Xian
04-14-2006, 10:20 AM
alright, i mastered it really quickly... nothing too complex as this is just 30 seconds, and i dont feel like really putting any time into it

http://rapidshare.de/files/18003649/vicariousremastered.mp3.html

EDIT: removed the guy at the beginning for maximum looped play goodness

thanks but why rapidshare???? use putfile or something else!

praefector
04-14-2006, 10:21 AM

if by a little you mean "precisely none" then yes, i agree

Baldw1n
04-14-2006, 10:22 AM
So after downloading the recorded clip and listening to it a few dozen times, I get kicked out of the school library because they're closing early for Easter weekend. I walk to my car with the the last guitar riff playing in my head, turn on the radio, and I hear the last 10 seconds of the 30 second clip. It was really wierd because it was almost a perfect transition from what was playing in my head to what was on the radio. For a second I though I was going crazy :)

Anyway, right after it's over, the radio DJ says you can listen to it from their website.

Behold, 30 seconds of new Tool, minus that shitty 105.9 DJ and poor sound quality:

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DALLAS-TX/KDGE-FM/tool_vic_30spot_final_.mp3

First post.

bluefire
04-14-2006, 10:24 AM
sounds at least 10 times better. thanks.

praefector
04-14-2006, 10:25 AM
holy crap i was just about to do this myself with music editor

thanks bro

Idiotica
04-14-2006, 10:26 AM
thanks dude welcome.

edit i'm hearing it so much better now (and wanting more dammit) - loving the slight guitar note bend at top of the build up just before the heavy kicks in.

Andorion
04-14-2006, 10:27 AM
I should probably stop listening to this - it's going to ruin something, I'm sure, if I hear it 100 times.

anonin
04-14-2006, 10:28 AM
sounds excellent! im so stoked!!!!

waffel
04-14-2006, 10:28 AM
So after downloading the recorded clip and listening to it a few dozen times, I get kicked out of the school library because they're closing early for Easter weekend. I walk to my car with the the last guitar riff playing in my head, turn on the radio, and I hear the last 10 seconds of the 30 second clip. It was really wierd because it was almost a perfect transition from what was playing in my head to what was on the radio. For a second I though I was going crazy :)

Anyway, right after it's over, the radio DJ says you can listen to it from their website.

Behold, 30 seconds of new Tool, minus that shitty 105.9 DJ and poor sound quality:

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DALLAS-TX/KDGE-FM/tool_vic_30spot_final_.mp3

First post.

you fucking rule

Idiotica
04-14-2006, 10:31 AM
starting to sound a little like 'Peach' in the mesmo build up, then maybe (gulp) 'godsmack' main riff.

Andorion
04-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Lets not start this, just wait till you have the whole song. gulp :(

praefector
04-14-2006, 10:35 AM
I should probably stop listening to this - it's going to ruin something, I'm sure, if I hear it 100 times.

im thinking this too but i cant stop

i mixed it with the doom 3 mp3 that was posted here after taking out the pickscrape in doom 3 and using a duplicate of the soft intro to bridge the two

lol, man im a fanboy

s ti N Kfizt
04-14-2006, 10:36 AM
i shouldn't have listened, but i listened.. a few times, not much. don't know will i wait to hear the whole album or will i listen the single before it.

i think this sounds quite weak :/ well, it's going to be better when i hear the whole song/album. this 30 secs sounds quite (quite very) wwwwwwwwwweakk, but i can't be dissappointed yet..

blair's man sausage
04-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Heh, not entirely. I'm at work (Ocean Lakes area), but I have code running until, well...whenever it decides to finish, so there's not much I can do ATM besides post.

And I'm an independent contractor, so I'm not in your office ;)

haha...i'm out by the airport...although i get away with bloody murder around here especially on the holiday celebrating the ressurection of TooL

Madklikor

First post.

Thanks, this sound way better.

Fap

First post.

Most excellent, thank you!

Inner_Eulogy
04-14-2006, 10:39 AM
i shouldn't have listened, but i listened.. a few times, not much. don't know will i wait to hear the whole album or will i listen the single before it.

i think this sounds quite weak :/ well, it's going to be better when i hear the whole song/album. this 30 secs sounds quite (quite very) wwwwwwwwwweakk, but i can't be dissappointed yet..

You fuckin' kiddin' me? Weak?! That little snippet sounded great. I think you should stick your dick between your legs and cluck RIGHT NOW

el57
04-14-2006, 10:41 AM
No it is weak. Take the dick out of ear and stop suckin maynards cock.

TheRuleOfThree
04-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Astounding. I love that little ring right before the main riff comes in. You can tell they've been experimenting quite a bit with new sounds.

Let's see the whole thing now. Somewhere... someone has it.

Aemima
04-14-2006, 10:42 AM
That new clip sounds a LOT better, much clearer.

millermt
Its like a fusion of Schism & The Patient but a little harder [than] both.

That was exactly my impression. Schism-like riff before the Patient-like buildup.

blair's man sausage
Thanks, this sound way better.

100% better

badshirt
04-14-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't know how you can say great or weak from the clip.

If you loved the other records - it obviously isn't the exact same - but I think there were some interesting qualities - and who knows if this is the open of the record or the middle of the song?

There are some harmonics, Toolish riffs and everything else Toolish.

Passing judgement either way after hearing 30 secs of a Tool song is wacky.

Metalgod666
sweet clip, makes me feel even more anxious for Monday though

elusive_
If a radio station has the ability to play 30 seconds of the song, perhaps they have the whole thing?

grime_z
holy crap the quality is so much better on that version.

Inner_Eulogy
04-14-2006, 10:45 AM

Seems you and the other **** are the only 2 out of these 300-something postings that thought it was weak. Perhaps you should re-evaluate your genital region. Or as they would say in the military, show some intestinal fortitude. YA DAMN PANSY

kyyuulle
so by now, you've all heard the 30 second clip

right before the big shabang in the song, there is a buildup that obviously sounds like one of the old fashioned alarm clock bells

does anyone want to elaborate on the symbolism of this?

we know that this record has a lot of political angst behind it

Gajarigon
Wooohooow lots better. Danny's hitting it right!

Exoskeletal
04-14-2006, 10:46 AM
With this quality, it looks really awsome, great production sound. I'm gonna bleed till monday...

fearxile
04-14-2006, 10:46 AM

Since Maynard wrote the guitar,drums, and bass.

kyyuulle
04-14-2006, 10:47 AM
i can't wait till this full song comes out

it's gonna be fuckin awesome

Idiotica
04-14-2006, 10:48 AM
i know this is a clip but can y'all imagine that hitting you live in concert ?

also can't wait to hear where the song 'develops' from here - this is only the starting point...

Gajarigon
04-14-2006, 10:48 AM
I thought it was Danny doing doubles on the bell of an open hihat.

kyyuulle
04-14-2006, 10:50 AM
it may be, but i'm talking about in terms of a concept

millermt
04-14-2006, 10:50 AM

Great first post! Sounds so much better without the previous clip's radio-induced fade right after the buildup. So where are you located (where did they play this again)?

KJM
04-14-2006, 10:52 AM
lol sounded like a nu-metal band

I couldn't tell anything from that clip.

Garguantua
04-14-2006, 10:54 AM
That drumming is definately Danny. Oh fuck, I can't wait. His symbol sense is tingling, spiderman.

mancalledsun
04-14-2006, 10:57 AM
The clip sounds great - the way the main riff sounds (heavy, but not TOO heavy) is something I associate with APC. This is a compliment, of course. A fresh way to start a new album, rather than another in-your-face pounding track.

blair's man sausage
04-14-2006, 10:59 AM

right before the big shabang in the song, there is a buildup that obviously sounds like one of the old fashioned alarm clock bells

i liked the post about the alarm clock ringing...wake the fuck up tool has risen...or some shit

TheHolyGift
04-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Since Maynard wrote the guitar,drums, and bass.

'10,000 Days: A work by Maynard James Keenan, performed by Tool'

Idiotica
04-14-2006, 11:01 AM
no it's a school bell - time for tool school today's lesson 'vicarious' muthafuckas!

praefector
04-14-2006, 11:03 AM

very nice observation

clearly tool is 'waking us up' with this track

and the journey will be one to remember no doubt

s ti N Kfizt
04-14-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't know how you can say great or weak from the clip.

If you loved the other records - it obviously isn't the exact same - but I think there were some interesting qualities - and who knows if this is the open of the record or the middle of the song?

There are some harmonics, Toolish riffs and everything else Toolish.

Passing judgement either way after hearing 30 secs of a Tool song is wacky.
yes i agree.. i just said that this short clip is weak, but it doesn't matter cuz it's completely different thing when you have the whole song/album.. if i'd take a short clip from some old great Tool-song.. it wouldn't probably amaze me much.
who knows maybe this clip is the worst piece of Vicarious and between amazing pieces the milder parts will get better.
i didn't/won't even listen this piece much, so maybe i'd change my mind of it if i'd listen to it a bit more. sorry my englishh....

badshirt
04-14-2006, 11:05 AM
yes i agree.. i just said that this short clip is weak, but it doesn't matter cuz it's completely different thing when you have the whole song/album.. if i'd take a short clip from some old great Tool-song.. it wouldn't probably amaze me much.
who knows maybe this clip is the worst piece of Vicarious and between amazing pieces the milder parts will get better.
i didn't/won't even listen this piece much, so maybe i'd change my mind of it if i'd listen to it a bit more. sorry my englishh....

Thats how I feel about it. Tool songs tend to have serious dynamics and tend to have a climax. I love em.

KJM
04-14-2006, 11:08 AM
omg it's just a fucking bell. it worked for the song. get lives guys.

Inner_Eulogy
04-14-2006, 11:12 AM

'Ey now, don't forget...you're on here just like the rest of us...

millermt
04-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Well, I guess my earlier speculation about this meaning some stations must have the CD was wrong. After all a couple different station have played the same 30 second clip. Perhaps Tool had stations download that clip in an effort to test their servers prior to Monday.

KJM
04-14-2006, 11:19 AM
'Ey now, don't forget...you're on here just like the rest of us...

I didn't say get off the site.

Idiotica
04-14-2006, 11:22 AM
i'm just glad we can talk about the actual music instead of inventing 100 possible definitions of 'the pot'.

Teratoma
04-14-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm with everyone in the same boat of being deprived of new Tool for 5 years... but upon listening to that clip: a lot of people are going overboard wiht "OMGZ!! THAT WAS F'ING @!#$%@#$ R0X0rZ!!!!111111one " when it really wasn't all that amazing. I thought I was listening to a mix of the beginning of "Third Eye" and "the Patient".

I'm not raining on your parade, but it's going to take more than that to crap my pants over. But thanks for posting the clip, those of you who did.

Anti-Xian
04-14-2006, 11:28 AM
dallas rules...they put that high quality mp3 on their site! nice

KJM
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
I agree. People saying it was amazing, incredible, genius, that's crazy. You heard 30 seconds.

ladiatia
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Vicarious Is coming. FUCK YEAH!!

Salud!

layersbeyondimagination
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM
sounds a bit liek the patient at the beginning. sounds pretty good though. builds anticipation for the album. ohhhhhh baby its close.

voleurz
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM
no fuckin kidding

omg this bell means such and such yeah~!!!
what do you suppose it means when mayndard passes wind?

Anti-Xian
04-14-2006, 11:34 AM
damn that 30 sec clip is perfect for my new ringtone! someone call me, i want to hear it on my phone! YES!!!!!!!

grime_z
04-14-2006, 11:35 AM
I know it's nothing huge, but i took the lil clip and extended it for those who wanna jam out a lil longer to this tease. You can get it here (http://home.mchsi.com/~b.grimes/files/vicprevext.mp3).

ladiatia
04-14-2006, 11:36 AM
My dog is getting crazy. The alarm clock thing must be annoying to him.
Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

Salud!

Teratoma
04-14-2006, 11:36 AM
hmm, another thing is that sounded like the INTRO, first 30 secs, to the song, but they're good at pulling everyone's anticipation strings I've give them that. I just can't wait to hear the whole thing.

dark_Speedo
04-14-2006, 11:37 AM
fuck that sounds so good

Tw1ster
04-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the post guys, so far it has a good sound

gl0tch
04-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Man, I cant wait to hear Maynard's vocals on this thing. I wonder what they are going to be like.

Jayar
04-14-2006, 11:39 AM
fuck that sounds so good

fuck yeah

Inner_Eulogy
04-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I agree. People saying it was amazing, incredible, genius, that's crazy. You heard 30 seconds.

I'm sure that (well at least a decent portion of us on here) have enough common sense to know we can't evaluate the album or even the single by means of just that clip. You're missing the point. At least in my own personal perspective is that the from what I heard of the clip, it sounded great and I have enough faith to believe that it's going to get even better. And hell yeah I excited. And well, if you don't feel the same...then well, maybe you should just leave. =-P

Teratoma
04-14-2006, 11:41 AM
ah geez as soon as i give my reply there's a minute-long take... you people are going to give me grey hair at 23 lawlz!

...hmm, cool, I'll be Viginti Tres in a few weeks. It's a sign. \m/

KJM
04-14-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm sure that (well at least a decent portion of us on here) have enough common sense to know we can't evaluate the album or even the single by means of just that clip. You're missing the point. At least in my own personal perspective is that the from what I heard of the clip, it sounded great and I have enough faith to believe that it's going to get even better. And hell yeah I excited. And well, if you don't feel the same...then well, maybe you should just leave. =-P

Yea I guess I totally took

THAT WAS AMAZING, THAT'S GENIUS

out of context. clearly my bad.

Inner_Eulogy
04-14-2006, 11:46 AM
I know it's nothing huge, but i took the lil clip and extended it for those who wanna jam out a lil longer to this tease. You can get it here (http://home.mchsi.com/~b.grimes/files/vicprevext.mp3).

You sir, are the motherfucking man

grime_z
04-14-2006, 11:47 AM
You sir, are the motherfucking man

tangent
04-14-2006, 11:49 AM
So I am the only one who thinks it's just a remix of a bunch of Tool songs? Hmm.

Inner_Eulogy
04-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Yea I guess I totally took

THAT WAS AMAZING, THAT'S GENIUS

out of context. clearly my bad.

Ok, well I'll agree with you on the ones that made comments as such to portray it as if they have analyzed it. However, it sure has me pumped.

Idiotica
04-14-2006, 11:50 AM
now could you put some vocals on it please.

Teratoma
04-14-2006, 11:51 AM
now could you put some vocals on it please.

That 30 sec-long scream on The Grudge fading-in would be a nice touch.

Riff
04-14-2006, 11:52 AM
sounds like P.O.D to me

Idiotica
04-14-2006, 11:53 AM
god-damn we think alike - a swelling maynard scream/note over the heavy would be great - also would be nice if adam could solo over that riff too (only 1 guitar band unfortunately).

edit POD wish they sounded half as good.

Teratoma
04-14-2006, 11:57 AM
god-damn we think alike - a swelling maynard scream/note over the heavy would be great - also would be nice if adam could solo over that riff too (only 1 guitar band unfortunately).

edit POD wish they sounded half as good.

I'm kinda handy at editing audio. I could put the scream in just for kicks. I just don't want everyone jizzing themselves over it being it's not -THE- official clip.

ProdigyDub
04-14-2006, 12:02 PM
sounds like P.O.D to me

Sounds absolutely nothing like POD. Except that they both have guitars and drums.

reservoirdog
04-14-2006, 12:02 PM
http://digitallydiabolicdesigns.com/tool_vic_30spot_final_.mov
I looped it for a couple of minutes so you can rest your fingers after hitting play repeatedly.
nothing amazing but enjoy
/the song kicks ass

KJM
04-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Sounds absolutely nothing like POD. Except that they both have guitars and drums.

Yea it sounds like a different nu-metal band, I agree, I just can't put my finger on who.

Idiotica
04-14-2006, 12:13 PM
linkin park ? you probably listen to them alot ! (ikidikid)

mikemccary
04-14-2006, 12:16 PM
http://www.kdge.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=104822&article=448523

voleurz
04-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Yea it sounds like a different nu-metal band, I agree, I just can't put my finger on who.
i get dream theater - this dying soul

kinda sounds like it but then again not at all..

waffel
04-14-2006, 12:20 PM
This looks so farmiliar!

Nirvanaholic
04-14-2006, 12:24 PM
That clip fucking rocked. I can't wait for them to release the single, damn you tool, leak it already.

Idiotica
it just dawned on me that there's still a video to go along with the whole song...ohhh joy!

Naga Royal Guard
sounds like Korn

Agenda
04-14-2006, 12:26 PM

First post.

Thanks much better

Havokb8
04-14-2006, 12:29 PM
hmmm whats the big deal, actually i dont think it sounds that good at all, extremely dissapointing, maybe only the intro sucks, hopefully the song is better than that.

mmortal03
04-14-2006, 12:34 PM
i get dream theater - this dying soul

kinda sounds like it but then again not at all..

Yeah, how the distortion and heaviness is, it is like it. Somewhat different though, too.

Saltank
04-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Has that "dry" sound that Joe Baressi does.

ThePatient666
04-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Kinda funny, the max number of users on the forum today was 665....close but no cigar.

Inner_Eulogy
04-14-2006, 12:53 PM
http://www.kdge.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=104822&article=448523

This has already been posted in here like 5 times genius

lysergide dreams
04-14-2006, 12:57 PM
i have to stop listening to this, but i can't.

shockpoint
04-14-2006, 01:00 PM
just stopped by to say hi, im a moron

Nebel
04-14-2006, 01:01 PM
lol

waffel
04-14-2006, 01:04 PM
excellent, album is out

nice edit

Naga Royal Guard
my hearing is quite fine

Tool = Korn 2006

o-wa-wa-ah-ah!

meshuggah
FUCK this is AMAZING! let the countdown begin! where this tazmanian dude who said he was getting the single today

Naga Royal Guard
04-14-2006, 01:05 PM
it sounds like that awful band you have as your handle

InertGrudge
04-14-2006, 01:05 PM
excellent, album is out

that's not what your post said 2 seconds ago.

nice try.

badshirt
04-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Dude, this does not sound like Korn - I don't care what you say.

It sounds like Tool.

eleven11
04-14-2006, 01:08 PM
excellent, album is out........ if you know where to look...

tell us where?

InertGrudge
04-14-2006, 01:09 PM
tell us where?

The album is not out. He posted a USENET group, but upon further inspection, that is NOT Tool.

Here is a link:

waffel
04-14-2006, 01:10 PM
tell us where?

he already did before he edited it, i'd post it again but you know, I dont feel like being REAL LIFE BANNED.

badshirt
04-14-2006, 01:12 PM
pm me if this is the real deal.

eleven11
04-14-2006, 01:14 PM
The album is not out. He posted a USENET group, but upon further inspection, that is NOT Tool.

Here is a link:

thanks
waste of time!

shockpoint
04-14-2006, 01:15 PM

Here is a link:

I honestly can't tell, it sounds so unlike other tool i've heard, vicarious though damn sure has maynard screaming... his vocals are extremely different than usual

tangent
04-14-2006, 01:17 PM
IT IS FAKE
argh
mix of schism, third eye, triad and more

(-) Thoth
04-14-2006, 01:18 PM
holy fucking shit that was awesome

HalfASandwidch
04-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Oh wow. Sounds like I'm going to be liking this album.

one and one = one eleven
04-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeee send me a link to the "leak"

meshuggah
04-14-2006, 01:28 PM
i cant stop cumming over and over.. i wish these full body orgasms would stop

mmortal03
04-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Can someone PM me a link to the clip?

Apparently, someone posted a copy of a band called Counterfist's album and called it 10000 days. I actually have it, and they are a good band. Check them out.

shockpoint
04-14-2006, 01:31 PM
IT IS FAKE
argh
mix of schism, third eye, triad and more

If that usenet album is a fake, I want to know WTF is going on.. Someone put tons of time into that, I think that was a deliberate leak created by someone close to the band.

mmortal03
04-14-2006, 01:32 PM
If that usenet album is a fake, I want to know WTF is going on.. Someone put tons of time into that, I think that was a deliberate leak created by someone close to the band.

Maybe this leak is not the same leak as the one that was allegedly Counterfist? Someone PM me with a link, and I can tell you whether it is Counterfist or not.

grime_z
04-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Apparently, someone posted a copy of a band called Counterfist's album and called it 10000 days. I actually have it, and they are a good band. Check them out.

It's fake, i didnt even waste my time to check that one out. I will wait for someone with a little more credibility to announce an actual leak.

profundo giallo
04-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Maybe this leak is not the same leak as the one that was allegedly Counterfist? Someone PM me with a link, and I can tell you whether it is Counterfist or not.

Counterfist? is that like stinkfist but fake? lol

HalfASandwidch
04-14-2006, 01:38 PM
so then http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18...spot_final_.mp3 is not vicarious? If not then I want to hear the rest of this song... What's the name? Can someone confirm this is what was played on the radio?

InertGrudge
04-14-2006, 01:40 PM
so then http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18...spot_final_.mp3 is not vicarious? If not then I want to hear the rest of this song... What's the name? Can someone confirm this is what was played on the radio?

No no no and no.

You are talking about two different things.

There was a "leaked -album-" on UseNet, but it seems to be Counterfist.

The 30 second clip is indeed Tool.

Clutch it like an AEnima
04-14-2006, 01:40 PM
counterfist is awsome......they're a local seattle band......and ive seen them live afew times....the sone "ride" does kinda sound like tool

shockpoint
04-14-2006, 01:43 PM
counterfist is awsome......they're a local seattle band......and ive seen them live afew times....the sone "ride" does kinda sound like tool

The screaming is dead on. You can't cypher the difference between this guy and Maynard screaming... in fact, they may be hijacking a clip of Maynard screaming from Third Eye

aeonflux
04-14-2006, 01:44 PM
at the last the guitar sounded a bit metallica-y / undertow-ish.

Jimmeny
04-14-2006, 01:45 PM
I must keep reminding myself of this,
I must keep reminding myself of this...

Not Lateralus II

shockpoint
04-14-2006, 01:45 PM
But I am so f'cking happy that is not tool. I was playing "vicarious" and was coming over here to discuss and I realized ... wow this sucks ... then a sick feeling came over me... the thought that they may not make a better album..

hanger25934
04-14-2006, 01:50 PM
anybody make a cd with this file on loop?......................me either.

HalfASandwidch
04-14-2006, 01:51 PM
No no no and no.

You are talking about two different things.

There was a "leaked -album-" on UseNet, but it seems to be Counterfist.

The 30 second clip is indeed Tool.
No I'm talking about one thing, the link I put in my post. I wanted to know if it was really Vicarious, and if it wasn't I wanted to know the name of the song so I can get it and hear the rest of it.

mmortal03
04-14-2006, 02:03 PM
No I'm talking about one thing, the link I put in my post. I wanted to know if it was really Vicarious, and if it wasn't I wanted to know the name of the song so I can get it and hear the rest of it.

The link in your post isn't working anymore, but if it is 30 seconds long and has in the title "30spot_final_", then it IS the new Tool.

zac
04-14-2006, 02:09 PM
I wasn't able to listen at work, only read about it and everyone got me all excited about it, but I was let down when I got home and heard it. But thats only 30 seconds of the whole album so...oh well.

HalfASandwidch
04-14-2006, 02:12 PM
The link in your post isn't working anymore, but if it is 30 seconds long and has in the title "30spot_final_", then it IS the new Tool.
Okay thanks for clearing that up.

Systolic
04-14-2006, 02:13 PM

I can see that... Definitely.

Nebel
04-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I can't fucking wait for the whole thing. FUCK.

Foamy
04-14-2006, 02:16 PM
So was it what you heard, Systolic?

Systolic
I can't fucking wait for the whole thing. FUCK.

Yeah the clip really puts the long wait into perspective, you know?

Systolic
So was it what you heard, Systolic?

No.

Not even close.

I dont know what the Hell I heard.

Boozy Eulogist
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Assuming this is the begining of the song, it's going to be sweet to mantra this and then hear the real thing. It'll be fun to feel my brain assume it'll loop, only to hear it continue instead.

Havokb8
04-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I wasn't able to listen at work, only read about it and everyone got me all excited about it, but I was let down when I got home and heard it. But thats only 30 seconds of the whole album so...oh well.

Yeah kinda sucks huh? Its like a horrible version of something off lateralus. oh well

TornDown
04-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I simply can't describe how much this makes waiting even worse. I can't wait until Monday to find and put the whole song onto a cd just to listen to it at wokr for a few hours straight. So what, I'll know the start of the cd, but I'll be sooo happy. :) Very very good find, mad props to Vinny and Sys.

alicetooljam
04-14-2006, 02:21 PM
I immediatley heard "schism the first few listens. After listening to it over and over I went and took a shower with it etched in my head. I made a connection to another song. I believe there are shades of 3rd eye in there as well. Go listen to 3rd eyebeginning @10:40 until about 11:10. I hear a resemblance to 3rd eye now as well. This reminds me of Andy King's review, when he said "theyre fucking with us!"

tangent
04-14-2006, 02:27 PM

I meant the Vicarious thing... Never heard the usenet thing.