PDA

View Full Version : my wish

psyco_jeter
03-16-2003, 12:44 PM
you know how when you read a good book, and your so exicited about it because you have so many different ideas and thoughts about it, and you just wanna tell everyone about them. thats how i feel about tool, every time i hear a song, see a different piece of art work, or dig a little deeper, i always feel so excited. and i always wish to meet MJK, so i could talk with him and see what he thinks, were he comes from when writing his music. none of my friends are like that, they're all into parties and what not. and thats fine, i like parties, but thats all they think about. and like i said, its really neat to see someone like MJK, i just wish i could know him, and his writing better.

euthanasia
03-16-2003, 01:28 PM
I believe many of us feel the same way. The first time I listened to tool, I knew a couple of people that were into it. But as I drowned deeper, I sensed they did not look at tool the way I did. I then felt alone, enjoying the jewel tool is. A bit selfish.

But after I while, I influenced two of my friends into 'listening' to tool, and althought they have far different sight from mine, they are someone that understands the magnificent of tool.

Do your friends and yourself get involved in musical discussions? I truly love them. I love them more now that my friends have started to develope some musical knowledge.

holy reality
03-17-2003, 11:15 AM
I think you changed your wish, MJK isn't exactly Mr. Friendly.... he might listen to you for a little bit, but he might tell you to leave him the hell alone, or he might have a conversation with you, but..... I wouldn't be too hopeful to meet him, because if he tells you to fuck off you'll be heartbroken.... I'm not saying he's a jerk because I've never met him, but he isn't all that nice to people and doesn't like to be confronted by his fans that much.....

see my thread in socialize entitled "How does Maynard treat his fans?"

psyco_jeter
03-17-2003, 04:13 PM
well it doesn't really matter....i mean i know he aint gonna tell everyone, every meaning about each song. but like i said, most of my friends don't view it the same way. "i wanna identify with someone above the ground." i love talkin about things, exploring possiblities, and different thoughts. and i like writing poetry, similiar to the lyrics to Tool songs. i was writing that kinda stuff before i even new who Tool was. and then i found Tool, and it was like.....wow. you know? and so i just wish i had friends like MJK.

Conan_McMurtrie
03-20-2003, 08:31 AM
I used to think like that, that people are generally quite ignorant and selfish. However I was wrong. If you just take a good look around you, there is such creativity in the world, so many people who have creative power. The problem is that we don't hear it, we are obscured by celebrity, we think it is the only thing that has a right to be creative. Its not true, take a look around: just in Edinburgh (that's in Scotland for those who are not fans of geography) I have come to meet so many talented musicians, artists and thinkers who have offered as much, and in cases more, to my inspiration and my ideas than any celebrity has. Don't let Hollywood repress you, take a look around, creativity is everywhere, there are people like Tool everywhere if you start to look.

psyco_jeter
03-20-2003, 02:44 PM
well i don't wanna treat MJK like he's a god or somethin. but were do i find these people, all my friends like Good charlotte, and 50 cent and shit like that. ok so ill re phrase my wish, i wish i could meet more people like me who are into criptic art and writing and all that good stuff.

marcus
03-20-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by holy reality
I think you changed your wish, MJK isn't exactly Mr. Friendly.... he might listen to you for a little bit, but he might tell you to leave him the hell alone, or he might have a conversation with you, but..... I wouldn't be too hopeful to meet him, because if he tells you to fuck off you'll be heartbroken.... I'm not saying he's a jerk because I've never met him, but he isn't all that nice to people and doesn't like to be confronted by his fans that much.....

see my thread in socialize entitled "How does Maynard treat his fans?" I've seen him in bars around here before(didn't talk to him) and he did tell some people to fuck off, can't really blame him, as it would be difficult having people you don't know acting as if they know you personally. Fame must be a bitch to live with

psyco_jeter
03-20-2003, 04:24 PM
were is here? and i agree i think fame would be a bitch