PDA

View Full Version : Tool live

vedrimir
04-13-2006, 12:36 PM
This is not just about Salival which has only few live tracks, but judging from all the bootlegs, what would you say: how good they are live? Of course, on one hand bootlegs are normally poorly recorded and therefore are not suitable for making definitive evaluations but on the other hand they let us catch a glimpse into unofficial stuff and let us catch our favourite bands at sleep on their less inspired nights perhaps or even surprise us with some unexpected highlights...

One thing is sure - Tool owes us one killer live album. At least one.

InertUniformity
04-13-2006, 02:40 PM
There were some rumors that surfaced not too long ago on the Peach website that Tool was working on a live album...new information has confirmed that as being FALSE (at least for the time being).

The Live DVD is also apparently on hold. I thought about this today and I have decided that it is a good thing. Perhaps the band will record a few more shows with some of their new stuff?

With this revelation we can also conclude that the 6/6/06 date that AJ mentioned must be the release date of Alex Greys new book.

jeebaz
04-20-2006, 10:59 AM
This is not just about Salival which has only few live tracks, but judging from all the bootlegs, what would you say: how good they are live? Of course, on one hand bootlegs are normally poorly recorded and therefore are not suitable for making definitive evaluations but on the other hand they let us catch a glimpse into unofficial stuff and let us catch our favourite bands at sleep on their less inspired nights perhaps or even surprise us with some unexpected highlights...

One thing is sure - Tool owes us one killer live album. At least one.

Judging by the quality of some bootlegs (e.g. Tsongas Oct 02) the real deal would be fucking amazing. A live DVD of the band on stage at Download '06 would do me. Definitely should be a video release not just another Salival cut.

seneca77
04-25-2006, 05:18 AM
seing tool live is a lot more than the music itself. the audio/visual combination can not be matched. by relying on bootlegs or live c.d.'s as your "live tool" experience you are short changing yourself.