PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like a Denver tool show is being planned

eddie75
04-13-2006, 05:58 AM
Last night I was listening to KBPI on my way to the store and right after they played lateralus they said there is a huge concert announcement for Mon. Then this morning on the way to work I listened to them again and the morning guys were talking about how this is the biggest announcement they've had in a long time. They said "you should know who it is" and they will announce it at 7:00Am on Mon.
The timing and the fact that they keep going on about how big it is sounds like tool to me.

bass_dude
04-13-2006, 06:28 AM
how come you people get radio stations that play Tool aparrently on a daily basis? >:(

Alex

tooldude
04-13-2006, 06:33 AM
no shit...and when they do play tool its sober....wow

bass_dude
04-13-2006, 06:40 AM
no shit...and when they do play tool its sober....wow

I have never heard Tool on the radio.

Believer
04-13-2006, 06:42 AM
if you are right and if it is anytime before August i'll be jealous.

eddie75
04-13-2006, 06:52 AM
KBPI actually is quite a shitty radio station, but they do play tool quite a bit. They play songs from all three albums on a regular basis, though nothing from opiate.

I think if they are announcing it this early it will be a May show, but it could be in Sept, like last year. I hope it's at red rocks when ever it is. I'd rather wait till sept to see it at red rocks, than see them in may at a place like the pepsi center.

embracingyou
04-13-2006, 07:18 AM
how come you people get radio stations that play Tool aparrently on a daily basis? >:(

Alex

Oh don't worry I'm sure XFM and Kerrang! will jump on the bandwagon as soon as 10,000 Days is released. Remember how over played Schism was on Kerrang! TV atleast if not the radio station.

svet-am
04-13-2006, 08:02 AM
back home on the MS Coast, WCPRFM used to play TOOL fairly often (at least once a day). They played old stuff a lot (I heard Sober and Prison Sex fairly often), but the thing that impressed me the most was that they played the singles from Lateralus (Schism, Parabol(a), Lateralus) totally uncut at their full length.

Somewhere in mid-2004, though, they were bought by a local radio congolmerate (that is ClearChannel affiliated) and the rate of play for TOOL went through the floor. Then, the one time I heard Lateralus, it was cut down to right about 5.5 minutes.

Thank goodness my wife and I got Sirius this past Christmas. Sirius20 (Octane) loves TOOL and plays them quite a bit during the morning show which happens to be during my hour-long commute to work.

stimulus
04-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Happened on 93X in Minnesota too -

"... at any time ... 93X will announce a BIG BAND IN A SMALL VENUE ... keep it on 93X and you won't miss a thing."

Please, Jesus.. let it be Tool.

Ming
04-13-2006, 08:40 AM
KBPI does suck, playing Metallica WAAAAAAAAAY WAAAAAAY WAY too often and/but they do play the living shit out of sober. I can only hope they're coming to Denver.

streetcarp19
04-13-2006, 08:56 AM
I can only hope they're coming to Denver.Me three. And maybe the World Arena if they are really nice.

I don't listen to KILO enough to get any updates down here.

eddie75
04-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Me three. And maybe the World Arena if they are really nice.

I don't listen to KILO enough to get any updates down here.
World arean is a terrible place to see a band. The acoustics are just go awful. I've seen a few shows there and they all sucked, including the tool show a couple of years back.
World arena and Magnus are not good places to have concerts.

streetcarp19
04-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Wow, I was there and personally loved it, and have heard countless other people mention the same thing, or at least saying it was better than the Pepsi Center one from that tour (which I didn't attend).

Or it could just be they played Cold and Ugly there, and I was too distracted to notice.

eddie75
04-13-2006, 09:27 AM
I went to the Redrocks show, Pesi center, and world arena shows from their last tour, and in my opinion the world arena show sounded by far the worst. They had a better set list there than the pepsi center one( thought the redrocks set list blew them both away), but they sounded terrible compared to the other shows.

streetcarp19
04-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Point taken.......

Anywho, was it that damn "Uncle Nasty" that's been spreading this stuff? cause that guy gets on my nerves everytime I drive through there on my way "back home" to GJ.

But a better station than KILO at least.

One Dark Flame
04-13-2006, 09:35 AM
I feel that "Aenema" should just be banned from being played by all radio stations. And if any of you have ever heard the radio-cut you'll know exactly why I feel this way.

TOOL_Rules
04-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Red Rocks in August 2001 was awesome, the eye spirals being flashed all over the rocks at the top during Lateralus, Danny with his two-ton Paiste metal drum set, TOOL made the mountains shake that night. Red Rocks is the ONLY place in Denver for TOOL to play. However, after eight TOOL shows over the years, the show they played here in St. Louis in October 2001 is the best concert I have ever seen. The added element was the two contortionists from the Schism video being on stage with them for nearly an hour. I think they did three weeks of the tour with TOOL or something like that. We got lucky. But it took TOOL, their music, and their visual show to a whole new level. Talk about not knowing what to watch, sensory overload, etc. Too bad those two couldn't do the whole tour with them. I'm sure they're busy.

One Dark Flame
04-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Red Rocks in August 2001 was awesome, the eye spirals being flashed all over the rocks at the top during Lateralus, Danny with his two-ton Paiste metal drum set, TOOL made the mountains shake that night. Red Rocks is the ONLY place in Denver for TOOL to play. However, after eight TOOL shows over the years, the show they played here in St. Louis in October 2001 is the best concert I have ever seen. The added element was the two contortionists from the Schism video being on stage with them for nearly an hour. I think they did three weeks of the tour with TOOL or something like that. We got lucky. But it took TOOL, their music, and their visual show to a whole new level. Talk about not knowing what to watch, sensory overload, etc. Too bad those two couldn't do the whole tour with them. I'm sure they're busy.
If you type in "Schism" on youtube.com there is one live version with the two contortionists that you could watch.

eddie75
04-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Point taken.......

Anywho, was it that damn "Uncle Nasty" that's been spreading this stuff? cause that guy gets on my nerves everytime I drive through there on my way "back home" to GJ.

But a better station than KILO at least.
KILO is a much much better radio station. The funny thing is that uncle nasty is probably their least irritating DJ. The rest of them are either social retards or limp bizkit/kid rock wanna be's. I can't stand people who use the term "dog " non sotp.

clavian
04-13-2006, 09:51 AM
The '01 Red Rocks show was beyond great. Let's hope they play there again...

seemyshadowchanging
04-13-2006, 11:07 AM
The '01 Red Rocks show was beyond great. Let's hope they play there again...
i saw them at the tabernacle in atlanta on the mini tour for lateralus,hands down the best show ive seen in my life and its about a 2200 people capacity.anyone heard if they are heading there again for a mini tour stop.

Vicarious Liability
04-13-2006, 11:38 AM
I went to the Redrocks show, Pesi center, and world arena shows from their last tour, and in my opinion the world arena show sounded by far the worst. They had a better set list there than the pepsi center one( thought the redrocks set list blew them both away), but they sounded terrible compared to the other shows.

Hi...first post here (although i'm a long time viewer of the opinion forums). Anyway, I went to those same three shows. I totally agree, the World Arena show by far sounded the worst. Acoustics were awful. I actually loved the Pepsi Center show because they played 4 degrees and the Patient. If they do play in Denver, I just hope I can get tickets!

vec
04-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Sounds simular to the way the NIN concert was announced here

Ancalagon
04-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I might have to drive out from Salt Lake City. That's a hell of a drive.

Gendo_Ikari's_Glasses
04-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Hmm.... the guy that works at the wine store near my house is a big tool fan, and he said his friends girl friend knows maynards girlfriend (im not making this up) and she told him that tool was planning a little show before coachella here in denver.. at first i just thought someone got confused and was talking about kabir's april fools joke...but.. who knows... Adam's wife was born in denver... (her first concert was in Boulder , where i live) ... maybe she wants to visit her family ..and is dragging tool along.

0_o

Schist_Head
04-13-2006, 12:59 PM
If it is a small venue then the Pepsi Center is out. I would say it will be one of the following:

Red Rocks
Paramount
Colorado Convention Center
Opera House (Mentioned on TA)

Kedzie_Matthews
04-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Tool concert at Red Rocks would own all

lachrymoIogy
04-13-2006, 01:48 PM
yeah especially if king crimson opened for them. wait..

Kedzie_Matthews
04-13-2006, 01:57 PM
hey how about you - shut up

yeah

lachrymoIogy
04-13-2006, 02:01 PM
hey how about you - shut up

yeah unnecessary hostility. dick.

supersloth
04-13-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm from Albuquerque but I go up to Denver for shows once in a while, but I've never been to Red Rocks. What makes it better than the Pepsi Center? (not to say that the Pepsi Center is neccesarily good, but it is better than anything we have down here)

amelliott
04-13-2006, 04:35 PM
If it is a small venue then the Pepsi Center is out. I would say it will be one of the following:

Red Rocks
Paramount
Colorado Convention Center
Opera House (Mentioned on TA)

Red rocks would be stellar. NIN and TOOL both at red rocks in one month. Words can't express. But, that being said, my bet is that they will play the Fillmore or the Ogden. Probably the Fillmore. I saw NIN there the day they released with_teeth and it was pretty rockin, way better than their pepsi center show in october in my opinion. Anyways, no matter where it is, I think we can all agree...ITS GONNA ROCK.

Schist_Head
04-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Red rocks would be stellar. NIN and TOOL both at red rocks in one month. Words can't express. But, that being said, my bet is that they will play the Fillmore or the Ogden. Probably the Fillmore. I saw NIN there the day they released with_teeth and it was pretty rockin, way better than their pepsi center show in october in my opinion. Anyways, no matter where it is, I think we can all agree...ITS GONNA ROCK.

I saw the May 4 NIN at the Fillmore and I agree that it was an amazing show. The Fillmore is pretty small though for a Tool show if they bring all the props with them. One of the back screens would fill the entire stage with little room for Danny's drum set-up. A bare bones show would be pretty cool though. I guess we shall see.

a788
04-14-2006, 09:25 AM
i will most definently be at the show in denver.... ESPECIALLY if it is at redrocks....
i didn't read anybodys post really... but the denver show is mentioned in the tdn news. thats probably been said 100 times, but whatever.

Watching and mentioning
04-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I remember seeing APC at the Ogden on July 26th a few years back. It was great to hear the new material (before the album dropped) but what I really enjoyed was the size of the show.

The only bad thing about a little show would be the availablity of tickets, or rather, the high prices that people would want for them.

lucydog
04-14-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm from Albuquerque but I go up to Denver for shows once in a while, but I've never been to Red Rocks. What makes it better than the Pepsi Center? (not to say that the Pepsi Center is neccesarily good, but it is better than anything we have down here)

the acoustics at red rocks are amazing, as is the atomosphere. I can think of no better place to hold a concert, period. Its spiritual. It is especially fun when your on 4 hits of needlepoint, in the pouring rain. Im seeing NIN there may 30th. Anyone ever attend Reggae on the Rocks?

If they are going small venue, my money is on the Fillmore.
I saw APC at the colorado springs city auditorium, I thought it was a good show.

acsguitar
04-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Redrocks is a natural amphitheatre. The sound is so good that you can actually go sit behind the amphitheatre for free and hear the music pretty damn clear.

I pray to flying spaghetti monster that TOOL plays redrocks. If they don't play redrocks then I hope it is the Fillmore. Redrocks doesn't open I think until late may.

Fillmore and Redrocks both have the best sound I've ever heard. I just emailed Fillmore and I'm trying to trick them into spilling the beans.

I missed the Atl Tabernacle show. I was second in line at ticketmaster and yea they sold out in 30 seconds.

I did catch them in Charlotte and Greenville though.

A RedRocks show would be absolutely out of this work. By far the best place to see a concert.

If they do settle for the Pepsi Center I'll still go but man it would be a slight bummer. I guess I'll have to listen to Uncle Nasty *pukes in mouth a little* to find out. Anyways I can't wait till monday now!!!

MUST SEE TOOL AT REDROCKS.

lucydog
04-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Kilo is claiming they will play Vicarious at 9am, then announce the tool show (i got an email that said this today) so - Ill post the date if you dont want to listen to uncle nasty....

acsguitar
04-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Kilo is claiming they will play Vicarious at 9am, then announce the tool show (i got an email that said this today) so - Ill post the date if you dont want to listen to uncle nasty....

nice I'd appreciate that. Must get ticket. I'll Spend up to 200 bucks a ticket to see them if its sold out. But hopefully my trick will get me a ticket face value.

I emailed uncle nasty in pig latin saying he could tell me the location if he did it in pig latin and not get in trouble.

Havokb8
04-14-2006, 02:28 PM
KBPI actually is quite a shitty radio station, but they do play tool quite a bit. They play songs from all three albums on a regular basis, though nothing from opiate.

I think if they are announcing it this early it will be a May show, but it could be in Sept, like last year. I hope it's at red rocks when ever it is. I'd rather wait till sept to see it at red rocks, than see them in may at a place like the pepsi center.

itll be a small show --------Fillmore or Ogden

mark my words

Havokb8
04-14-2006, 02:29 PM
If they do settle for the Pepsi Center I'll still go but man it would be a slight bummer. I guess I'll have to listen to Uncle Nasty *pukes in mouth a little* to find out. Anyways I can't wait till monday now!!!

MUST SEE TOOL AT REDROCKS.[/QUOTE]

Fillmore or Ogden - May

just you watch

Havokb8
04-14-2006, 02:31 PM
I saw the May 4 NIN at the Fillmore and I agree that it was an amazing show. The Fillmore is pretty small though for a Tool show if they bring all the props with them. One of the back screens would fill the entire stage with little room for Danny's drum set-up. A bare bones show would be pretty cool though. I guess we shall see.

So is the orpheum theater in minneapolis which they are playing at

Havokb8
04-14-2006, 02:32 PM
I remember seeing APC at the Ogden on July 26th a few years back. It was great to hear the new material (before the album dropped) but what I really enjoyed was the size of the show.

The only bad thing about a little show would be the availablity of tickets, or rather, the high prices that people would want for them.

That was a badass show

acsguitar
04-14-2006, 02:32 PM
itll be a small show --------Fillmore or Ogden

mark my words

I've never been to Ogden how much smaller is it then the Fillmore?

a788
04-15-2006, 12:10 PM
i know that this is very irrelevant... but im planning on going to CU.... any advice? yes or no?

Kedzie_Matthews
04-15-2006, 12:57 PM
CU denver is cool, CU boulder is [no]

acsguitar
04-16-2006, 05:59 AM
any new information on the shows?

a788
04-16-2006, 06:02 AM
CU denver is cool, CU boulder is [no]

expland please... i was looking into Boulder.

Kedzie_Matthews
04-16-2006, 08:29 AM
CU is a great school, Its just that Boulder is an extremely liberal town. It annoys me, some people don't mind it. If you do come down here though it would be worth it to look at both campuses. Boulder campus is right by the mountains, Denver campus is smack dab in the middle of downtown.

I may be a little biased though considering I go to the Denver campus

culturechrist
04-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Since they are obviously playing smaller venues before they head out of the U.S. I'm fairly certain they will be playing either the Fillmore or Red Rocks.

acsguitar
04-16-2006, 12:44 PM
expland please... i was looking into Boulder.

Yea boulder is liberal..oh no. you can do things without getting arrested or taxed for it.

its a beautiful town. right on the edge of the rockies. if you will hiking, skiing, biking, fishing, microbrews etc... boulder is really nice.

I live in denver because I dig the city scene...Colorado is amazing. a really beautiful state.

most microbrews per capita in the US second to only California in sheer numbers of microbreweries...

Boulder is really nice. You don't have to live right in boulder. Also, there are a lot of hippy people in boulder but there are also alot of preppy kids. You basically can do what you want.

I would say moving to boulder or denver is a good call..just don't be stupid and get wasted and die like an unfortunate number of people do here because they dont understand the alttitude.

eddie75
04-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Boulder is liberal as long as you have the same mind set as the people who live there. If you don't they will make sure to make your life hell, ie the guy who had enough time and money t use satellites to track dog shit and stalked people who didn't pick it up. It's called the republic of boulder for a reason. It's a beautiful town, I live about 5 mins south of it, but the hippies driving around in their land rovers are a bit annoying, and the kids there are a pretentious bunch of fucks.
I went to CSU and would have to say that I like Ft. Collins much better than boulder.
Colorado as a whole is a great state. If you like the outdoors you'll never be bored.

a788
04-16-2006, 02:20 PM
well... my dad lives in boulder. and i love going up to visit him, and i have been numerous of times and know the area, which i love. I'm very outdoorsy and active, so im really into all that comes with living in colorado (outdoor activities for that matter). I just dont know what the people are like there because whenever i visit im spending time with my dad or out climbing. he lives in the mountains about 10 min out of boulder. I'm also really nervous about the temperature there. I'm from Georgia, and ive lived the hot south ever since i was born.... i was originally going to have to move out there last year with my dad, but managed to stay here for the rest of highschool with my mom.

is there a lot to do in ft collins? i got the impression that there isnt as much to do there as there would be in boulder? that could be completely off, thats just what i got from some people.

eddie75
04-16-2006, 03:27 PM
well... my dad lives in boulder. and i love going up to visit him, and i have been numerous of times and know the area, which i love. I'm very outdoorsy and active, so im really into all that comes with living in colorado (outdoor activities for that matter). I just dont know what the people are like there because whenever i visit im spending time with my dad or out climbing. he lives in the mountains about 10 min out of boulder. I'm also really nervous about the temperature there. I'm from Georgia, and ive lived the hot south ever since i was born.... i was originally going to have to move out there last year with my dad, but managed to stay here for the rest of highschool with my mom.

is there a lot to do in ft collins? i got the impression that there isn't as much to do there as there would be in boulder? that could be completely off, that's just what i got from some people.
I wouldn't worry about the temp. It Avg's 40 odd degrees in the winter and is in the 90's in the summer.

Ft.Collins and boulder really aren't that much different. They are both right on the edge of the mountains and both are college towns. Every you can do in boulder you can do in ft.collins and vice versa. The only hing Boulder really has on ft.collins is how close it is to denver. It's a 30min drive to denver from boulder, and it's an hour from ft.collins.
The real difference in the students is that most of the people going to CSU are from colorado, and most of the people going to CU are from out of state. also CU is much more expensive, with out real gain in academics(depending on what you study)

a788
04-16-2006, 07:53 PM
ok. well, thanks for your advice!

Mutilated Lips
04-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Fillmore or Ogden - May

just you watch

Fillmore and Ogden are way too small for a band like Tool. Red Rocks definately has the better chance, I believe. It is one of Maynard's favorite places to play afterall.

Havokb8
04-17-2006, 06:45 AM
Fillmore and Ogden are way too small for a band like Tool. Red Rocks definately has the better chance, I believe. It is one of Maynard's favorite places to play afterall.

How about the Temple Buell Theater? Is that too small? 2800 people? WELL THATS WHERE THEY ARE PLAYING BUDDY LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

you can eat your words on that one

Kedzie_Matthews
04-17-2006, 06:56 AM
you proved him wrong in the worst possible way

Havokb8
04-17-2006, 10:47 AM
you proved him wrong in the worst possible way

lol

static732
04-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah I was thinkin it was gonna be the fillmore, I've never even been to the buell theater before.