PDA

View Full Version : Dream last night

mike tyson
04-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Yeah so in my dream last night, I purchased 10,000 Days at a record store, and gave it a whirl. I got it home and the liner notes and all that were kind of similar to that new stereoscopic shit that's out. It was folded a lot and was fairly big when totally unfolded. It had a lot of black, and some stereoscopic images, but now the 2 that were posted. They were different, but I can't remember what. I also remember the color baige in the liner notes somehow..

For some reason I only listened to Vicarious (or the first song), and by god did it suck. The first 2 minutes or so were cool, with ambience/static/talking.. then it kicked in. When the reviewers say that Adam does heavy stuff and Maynard some interesting things, this is what I was fearing didn't happen. It sounded like some shitty dark metal band guitar, but with a twist and sound of Adam, god it sucked. And Maynard did death metal growls and singing, I wanted to kill myself.

That's all...

fault
04-13-2006, 03:57 AM
It's hard to tell if you're lying or not as i doubt anyone else can back up your story, so rumours is a good place to put this.

mike tyson
04-13-2006, 03:58 AM
It's a dream, and I'm serious. I hate the fake influx of bullshit around here, that's why I put it in rumors myself. Plus, it's not news or anything important, so it belongs here pretty much.

fault
04-13-2006, 03:59 AM
It's a dream, and I'm serious.

Fair enough. Nice rumour!

Drifter
04-13-2006, 04:03 AM
"Sorry... Are you mental?" - Ricky Gervais

fault
04-13-2006, 04:09 AM
Actually, just to add to this wild thread, I had a dream about 5 years ago about Tool. True story/dream also.

I was at their concert, and I met Danny outside afterwards.. A crane lifted a huge crate off a truck, the side opened up and it was a huge shiny harley davidson. Had a brief chat with Danny. He asked me which way to the Great Ocean Road (popular place to ride/daytrip here in Australia). I pointed in the direction, he thanked me and rode off.

Feeling pretty happy with myself, the dream then took a turn for the worse - i shit you not, Tools roadies turned out to be junkies hellbent on killing me or stabbing me. It was all slow-motion like zombies in shaun of the dead. They scared the hell outta me. Then I woke up.

Believe me or not, it really happened. Dreams are odd.

Spongebob
04-13-2006, 04:12 AM
i once dreamt that 2 kids got squashed by an avalanche, and the next day it actually happened.

fault
04-13-2006, 04:22 AM
i once dreamt that 2 kids got squashed by an avalanche, and the next day it actually happened.

Hey, thats a fact/truth, not a rumour!

(but quite creepy dude)

/V\agina
04-13-2006, 04:23 AM
There have been 3 different stereoscopic images posted from the booklet.

One is maynard in a room, the other is the skull-fetus thing, and the other one looks like a 57 chevy or the arc of the covenant...

fault
04-13-2006, 04:25 AM
There have been 3 different stereoscopic images posted from the booklet.
Your dream sucks. Or you posted in the wrong thread.

RED_THE_HAT
04-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Your dream sucks. Or you posted in the wrong thread.
He didnt have a dream about the new album beause there is no new album.

Descencia
04-13-2006, 08:05 AM
If Maynard can't even perform Ticks & Leeches live because of the strain on his voice, which is not even Death vocals, then he sure as hell is not doing those type of vocals on the new album. He would not be able to perform that at all. He has a really high-pitched, sensitive voice.

Light Reflections
04-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Death vocals do not strain your voice at all, if done correctly.

Alistair_Carson
04-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Death vocals do not strain your voice at all, if done correctly.

right. it's the high pitched screamo vocals that kill your vocal chords. and besides it being bad for you, it sounds fucking terrible. like a guy without testicles.

Vaginal Replicator
04-13-2006, 09:34 AM
^ Yes indeed.

If you're like Mikael Ackerfeldt from Opeth, or Dallas Toller Wade from Nile, then you've already mastered the death vocal. I fucking love it. As well as that high pitched growl that Ihsahn has (lead singer from Emperor).

secular glitch
04-13-2006, 11:51 AM
i had a tool dream a few weeks ago about the new album. in the dream my brother was good friends with the band and they called him up and asked if we'd like them to come by let us hear it. of course my brother said yes and they came over and we listened to the cd in a car in the driveway of my parents house. i can remember what the music sounded like fairly well, and it was very good. the best part of the dream was when i asked maynard about the lyrics and he grabbed me, put my in a headlock, and proceeded to give me a noogie while joking about how all i worry about is what the songs mean. it was a crazy dream and if come may 2nd i hear anything close to what i heard in my dream i will be a happy guy... not to mentioned a little freaked out.

rank
04-13-2006, 12:08 PM
The first 2 minutes or so were cool, with ambience/static/talking.. then it kicked in. When the reviewers say that Adam does heavy stuff and Maynard some interesting things, this is what I was fearing didn't happen. It sounded like some shitty dark metal band guitar, but with a twist and sound of Adam, god it sucked. And Maynard did death metal growls and singing, I wanted to kill myself.

Sounds like a bad rippoff of Pigs of the Roman Empire.

JuhaDeWolf
04-13-2006, 12:13 PM
This is pretty funny, I had a dream that I got the album too.
Apparently my friend won a contest, and got the CD, a poster, and the album on vinyl. He gave me the CD and I burnt it to my computer. The first song was really strange, it was the main riff of Lateralus, but heavier, and about halfway through they started running samples of "Ticket To Ride" by the Beatles.
It was really really strange.