PDA

View Full Version : perfect way to listen to these

cold and faded anger
04-12-2006, 06:23 PM
ok so the best way to listen to these songs is driving around somewhere (preferable country area) on a clear night with a full moon...for some reason the solo on "reflection" at about 8min just reminds me of like wolves howling at the moon...any thoughts?

woonyunkim
04-17-2006, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=cold and faded anger]at about 8min just reminds me of like wolves howling at the moonQUOTE]

I understand what you are trying to say. Something definately special is going on at that point.
Throughout the song(s) I imagine a person meditating sat down with his eyes closed. As the song progresses from Disposition to Reflection, the background starts to intensify with weird things happening like a circle or aura being formed around the person. 8mins into the song, my person is elevated from the ground (still maintaing the position of sitting down and closed eyes) and the aura is at its greatest size. At the end of the song, he reaches that higher level of conciousness. Personally, its my favourite toolgasm moment.
(OBVIOUSLY IM A STONER)

Windir
04-17-2006, 09:59 AM
I listened to Lateralus yesterday evening again, after a very very long time. I was just sitting there alone, eyes closed, the first couple of songs. Halfway Schism my g/f walks in the room, doesnt say a word and sits behind me. Wraps her arms around me and just relaxes with me. Listening, enjoying and mostly, feeling the music. Then, when Disposition began to play she started kissing my back (I was half naked) and scratching it with her nails (which I really love). She kept doing that till the climax of Reflection. Then she just wrapped her arms around me again untill the end of Triad.

Now, my point being; These songs feel sooo much better when you listen to them with someone who you love. In a place you call home and in a state you love to be.

Yeah... just thought I'd share.

cosmokramer
04-19-2006, 10:08 PM
well...i never really understood why these songs were split apart. I enjoy them more when i listen to them back to back. They feel more whole...it just has a fuller feel. Anyway I think these three songs as a collective may be my favorite tool....

(t)hick
04-21-2006, 12:14 AM
One of my best experiences of listening to these songs was driving home(through a rural area) after a day at work. Hot day, windows down, rows of empy paddocks on both sides, driving straight into the setting sun .. just letting everything soak in.

Them Bones
04-22-2006, 11:48 AM
seing these 3 played live back 2 back is the best, such an amazing combo to see

caliphornia
04-23-2006, 03:17 PM
i would have to agree with cold and faded anger. listening to it while driving on a cool summer or spring night in the country as the windows are down is truly amazing.

Scrunzset
05-01-2006, 09:45 PM
After seeing Tool 2 nights in a row back in 2002 (I think it was), I was pretty damned delerious. Me and a couple friends made the trek from Santa Cruz and caught the Oakland and Sacramento shows. Then, right after the second show, we start the trek down to Fresno, and then Madera to visit one of my friend's family.

I remember it being light out the next day, and we were driving through almost the exact middle of California, very hilly and dry. I remember gazing out the window in my delerium while Disposition droned on in it's beautious glory, and then Reflection was going thru it's Eastern beats. It seemed like I was watching the video to it.

Very very cool. I hope they continue to play this live.

WTFmate
05-10-2006, 01:30 PM
While these three songs are good in their own way, these are probably THE most over rated song(s).

RÆLITY
05-17-2006, 09:48 AM
I love all of the songs on lateralus, and i think it's impossible to pick a single favorite tool song, as all of their songs are amazing, but D/R/T is deffinatly one of my favorites. I would have to agree with listening while driving home late at night. speakers blasted, windows down, cigarette in hand, not caring about speed limits or what time it is, only enjoying the music. One of my best experiences while listening to this song was when it started to drizzle about half way through reflection, and then really started to downpour once triad hit. That was amazing, i just left the windows down. Another great time for listening is during a thunder storm. Just thought i'd share.

Koan
05-21-2006, 03:21 AM
Being relaxed, in a nice cool clear night, looking out my window to the stars and the moon. I have once done this while meditating. The beat was my mantra and my point of focus was the moon. Once Triad was near it's end I felt really light and uplifted.

When I go to university next year, and live on my own in the city, I'm going to try listening to the whole of Lateralus on shrooms. Should be one hell of a ride!

wearethestories
11-18-2006, 10:49 PM
ok so the best way to listen to these songs is driving around somewhere (preferable country area) on a clear night with a full moon...for some reason the solo on "reflection" at about 8min just reminds me of like wolves howling at the moon...any thoughts?

done this many a time