PDA

View Full Version : Cool Video

ProfoundHaytred
11-22-2002, 10:04 AM
I thik by far this is one the most visually entertaing videos i have EVER seen...i mean this video is better than all teh other tool videos with exceptions to stinkfist and prison sex (IMHO)

Zulehan
11-27-2002, 04:00 PM
Interesting that you might use the phrase, "visually entertaining." I agree. It has colorful scenes that jump out at you, something we did not see much of in Adam's previous videos. Alex Gray's scene, for example. I loved it.

Comebackrunning
11-29-2002, 11:47 AM
I stongly agree.

Adam and Alex deserve a lot of clapping for this. Its a visual delight, one of my favourite videos of all time.

As for explaining it.... ?

LoKi
12-01-2002, 12:44 AM
i'm personally amazed at when the black guy cuts the little dude in half, all the little organs and stuff look perfect, i would love to know how they did it, but doubt i ever will.

Jason Sider
12-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Where do people see these videos? Ive seen online but it cant match the quaility on tv. What music video channel do you watch?

Iris
12-07-2002, 08:54 AM
I must say that Parabola has got to be the greatest Tool music vid so far. It's so amazing! The song itself happens to be one of my faves off the album, and the visual aspect of it is incredible. I recall someone saying that the guy in the video looked like Tricky...well it is Tricky! Tricky and Tool happen to be good friends. I remember awhile back there was a rumor that Tool and Tricky were gonna tour together...that would be so awesome if they did! Tool is my absolute fave band of all time and I'm also a fan of Tricky. Anyhow. Adam and Alex Grey sure did one heck of a job on this vid.

~Iris

Iris
12-07-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Jason Sider
Where do people see these videos? Ive seen online but it cant match the quaility on tv. What music video channel do you watch?

I've seen this video on MTV, MTV2, and on Much Music USA. If you really wanna see it, it'll most likely air on Much Music USA during their show called Uranium.

~Iris

ColdUglyMe
12-10-2002, 08:07 AM
I love how lightning rushes down my spine and all over my body at the end after the eye sort of unfolds at the end. Interesting how the effect isnt as good unless you build up that scene with the whole video. But i guess many times the journey is as important as the destination. Props.

IRo0L
12-12-2002, 03:24 PM
I just watched this whole video for the first time a couple days ago...It was incredible. I was really grooving to it...even if I don't get the symbolism of it, it's still a great video to watch.

Christopher
12-12-2002, 03:50 PM
wewouldnt need to keep explaining it if they didnt keep deleting all the threads.

nietzschepants
01-10-2003, 06:44 PM
there are several good explanations out there. the video is visually entertaining, but it is also rife with symbolism and imagery, enough to make one wonder whether the video really is just a vehicle for the song. personally, i think it is the opposite. the band and alex gray are very into the underlying philosophy of the video, and have been for years (maybe i'll start a thread on the philosophy of the video) the song reflects this a bit, but the video itself is a different entity that gives the song a new meaning and context. sort of an...evolution of sorts. Tool have outdone themselves. Alex, Adam, my hat is off in your direction. (well, it would be if i wore one)