PDA

View Full Version : Artwork leaked? This is a new one

Pages : 1 [2] 3

JuhaDeWolf
04-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Geez, that pic with the naked chick is sooo hard to do.

Anyways, the links in the thread are all broken, can anyone PM me?

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Could someone please post the working links altogether? I've only seen the picture of maynard.

http://www.toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=892235&postcount=128

Edit: They appear to be dead now.

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Geez, that pic with the naked chick is sooo hard to do.

Anyways, the links in the thread are all broken, can anyone PM me?

Oh noes!! Someone got the axe!

Vianney
04-11-2006, 11:41 AM
http://www.toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=892235&postcount=128

Edit: They appear to be dead now.

bingo

Foamy
Oh noes!! Someone got the axe!
It was eugene!

Cemetery Shindig
Just pointing out that if this is real, I was definitely the first one to suggest the use of stereoscopic imagery in the new album artwork. So nutsack to those who put down the idea.

czar
04-11-2006, 11:42 AM
I'd put them up on my website, but I don't want to face the repercussions. :)

alucinar
if i check the maynard one - he seems to slide along behind the table top , i dont see no 3D shit - maybe i'm expecting to much . On a trip once i crossed my eyes and focused on my face in the mirror while taking a piss and a hr gigeresque female figure slid down the bridge of my nose, while the rest of my face morphed around it . maybe drop a tab then look at the booklet hmmm

Staticfactory
It was eugene!

Let's see if Gajarigon ever resurfaces....

He might be wearing big cement boots right now.

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
if i check the maynard one - he seems to slide along behind the table top , i dont see no 3D shit - maybe i'm expecting to much . On a trip once i crossed my eyes and focused on my face in the mirror while taking a piss and a hr gigeresque female figure slid down the bridge of my nose, while the rest of my face morphed around it . maybe drop a tab then look at the booklet hmmm

Just keep trying. You really have to get a full 3rd image in the middle and focus on it. It takes me a minute or so to really get it.

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Am I the only one in here who thinks the pic of Maynard is a WAY obvious move, quite literal, very heavy handed, and somewhat of an eMotive thing to do in light of this being a more "political" album ?!?!

I hope to god the album art doesnt go in this direction. Thats just plain gimmicy and stupid.

alucinar
04-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Just keep trying. You really have to get a full 3rd image in the middle and focus on it. It takes me a minute or so to really get it.

cheers for the help

Vianney
04-11-2006, 11:46 AM
man, my eyes just refuse to cooperate

czar
04-11-2006, 11:47 AM
man, my eyes just refuse to cooperate

Don't worry about it. If they're pissed now, you don't want to know what they'll be like after you try to regain normal focus.

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Am I the only one in here who thinks the pic of Maynard is a WAY obvious move, quite literal, very heavy handed, and somewhat of an eMotive thing to do in light of this being a more "political" album ?!?!

I hope to god the album art doesnt go in this direction. Thats just plain gimmicy and stupid.

Do you ever have anything nice to say?

minnull
I too see a political horizon hinted from this art. It makes sense, Maynard is more politicaly involved now, he writes the lyrics.. now you do what they tol' ja

Vianney
i seem to recall Tool bragging about never plastering their faces on album covers. Not saying I don't buy this cover, just noting the contradiction

eddie75

Yes you are the only one.
Quit reading into things so much.

JuhaDeWolf
How about some linkies?
They are all broken. Or someone talk to me on AIM.

Gajarigon
04-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Oh shit man...

Apparantly, someone of the Tool managment or something has discovered the leak because my father just got an e-mail of my provider or whatever you call it that illegal material was put online with our IP-adress and that they demand it to be deleted or there will be legal lawsuit coming... man I'm scared this is fucking illegal but I thought 'hey this is the internet , and it's just a pic of a booklet ' but looks like they're not really happy...

orange.juice
can someone please re-host those images? i had them, but now i'm home on a different computer :(

Staticfactory
I too see a political horizon hinted from this art. It makes sense, Maynard is more politicaly involved now, he writes the lyrics.. now you do what they tol' ja

FUCK YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 11:50 AM
i seem to recall Tool bragging about never plastering their faces on album covers. Not saying I don't buy this cover, just noting the contradiction

Have you seen the booklet for Undertow?

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Oh shit man...

Apparantly, someone of the Tool managment or something has discovered the leak because my father just got an e-mail of my provider or whatever you call it that illegal material was put online with our IP-adress and that they demand it to be deleted or there will be legal lawsuit coming... man I'm scared this is fucking illegal but I thought 'hey this is the internet , and it's just a pic of a booklet ' but looks like they're not really happy...

Egads!

Dolophane
04-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Tool. They don't play games.

alucinar

i think after the small shots in undertow they wanted to keep it on the down low , now since apc and especially how much more popular they are - they know there aint fuck all use now, I'm sure most of us would notice danny/maynard even in disguise at yr local kmart / HMV

Vianney
Oh shit man...

wow, well... I'd cooperate with them. We can wait half a month (or less) to see the real deal. It's not worth getting sued over

minnull
Oh shit man...

It wont be long until SWAT is banging down your door, barrel-rolling through your window and shoving bambo sticks under your fingernails.

zweitracht
04-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Have you seen the booklet for Undertow?

or Ænima? (Maynard/Bill Hicks painting)
or Salival? (Camella's pics of the band)

JuhaDeWolf
04-11-2006, 11:54 AM
It wont be long until SWAT is banging down your door, barrel-rolling through your window and shoving bambo sticks under your fingernails.
Don't forget the Water Boarding...

STA
Oh shit man...

Awesome, let's see the email.

gl0tch
You guys are all a bunch of carrots

Gajarigon
Awesome, let's see the email.

It's Dutch.

Anyways here it is

Beste klant,

wij hebben vernomen dat een gebruiker van het IP adres 84.193.125.104 illegale afbeeldingen op het net heeft geplaatst. In afwachting van verdere gerechterlijke stappen vragen wij u om deze afbeeldingen van het net te verwijderen

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jos Boon
medewerker telenet

zapata_36
04-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Here goes nothing.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3685/2323/1600/toolleak.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3685/2323/1600/toolleak2.jpg

orange.juice
04-11-2006, 11:55 AM
i like the bamboo sticks part.

NetEther
04-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Well, at least we're all sitting here staring at our computer screens cross-eyed. Yay.

\0/

Wings
cool

Grimface
Those pics are spreading like wildfire :o

minnull
04-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Don't forget the Water Boarding...

Dangit, you've gone and leaked the real Leak Torture method Tool is using on leakers, Tool will not be happy... Tool will make you pay... TOOL!

gl0tch
man, those pics are TEH GAY.

Vianney
so how do you think the alex grey art will be incorporated with these images?

JuhaDeWolf
04-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Water boarding is fun. Me and my friends bet each other to see who can last the longest.

Alcawhorlick
04-11-2006, 11:58 AM

I do believe at least one of their faces has been in every single booklet thus far.

Wretched
04-11-2006, 11:59 AM
You people reliese that your, "Tool are too high and mighty too use their pictures on the album art," argument is rediculous.

Besides Lateralus, there has always been pictures, or at least one picture, of a band member in each album.

orange.juice
04-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Those pics are spreading like wildfire :o
indeed.

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 12:00 PM
well, we might as well throw in some alex grey, some joshua davis, add a little Cam, maybe some of that Ramiro guy, who knows.... considering the cluster fuck this is turning out to be.

CallofCthulhu
04-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Yep, this is the part that gets me.

I dont understand. Whats the big deal if the images are on their sides?

minnull
04-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I would be perfectly satisfied with the album cover being a picture of the band smiling and holding babies from around the world.

Vianney
04-11-2006, 12:01 PM
man, the skull image works for me a lot better than the one of maynard. This is fun! Go TOOL, whoot!

STA
04-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I dont understand. Whats the big deal if the images are on their sides?

You don't think it would be strange for the images to appear sidelways in the booklet, especially if they are stereoscopic?

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 12:03 PM
OMFGBBQ - I just found another pic from the same photoshoot with Maynard:
http://www.viviancampbellrocks.com/Retroactive.jpg

Now I'm certain this is real.

Johnny Truant
04-11-2006, 12:03 PM
You don't think it would be strange for the images to appear sidelways in the booklet, especially if they are stereoscopic?

Because then you would have to move the booklet 90 degrees to view it. That is way to much effort.

orange.juice
04-11-2006, 12:04 PM
It's Dutch.

Anyways here it is

Beste klant,

wij hebben vernomen dat een gebruiker van het IP adres 84.193.125.104 illegale afbeeldingen op het net heeft geplaatst. In afwachting van verdere gerechterlijke stappen vragen wij u om deze afbeeldingen van het net te verwijderen

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jos Boon
medewerker telenet
i would totally love to believe you, but why would your internet provider send you that e-mail at 10 p.m.?

Exoskeletal
Pretty sweet, the stereoscopic effect on image of the skull is very cool. This must be the real deal. Excelent work.
I wouldn't imagine anyone drawing the kaleidoscopic circles besides the guy who made them for the Parabola dvd:
http://toolshed.down.net/pix/parabola_dvd/liner_09.jpg

And Maynard had a mohawk in the Oklahoma show.

ObviousParadox
the blatant igoring of any and all of glotch's posts add to the quality of this thread.

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 12:05 PM
keep believing carrot.

czar
04-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Oh shit man...

Maynard unleashed his wrath.

:D

orange.juice
04-11-2006, 12:07 PM
the blatant igoring of any and all of glotch's posts add to the quality of this thread.

minnull
04-11-2006, 12:08 PM

Like people enjoying birthday cake while the birthday boy chokes to death on a cherry.

Gajarigon
04-11-2006, 12:08 PM
i would totally love to believe you, but why would your internet provider send you that e-mail at 10 p.m.?

Apparantly the TOOL managment doesn't want it to be leaked, which I perfectly understand.

SEE THIS MAYNARD I UNDERSTAND!!!!

Oh well the joke has failed I guess...

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 12:09 PM

hateAliases
04-11-2006, 12:09 PM
those pics are real FAKE PICTURES done by tool themselves. they are made by them, but u wont see them in the album art.

Gajarigon
04-11-2006, 12:10 PM
those pics are real FAKE PICTURES .

That's cool. They're real fake. Allright.

ObviousParadox
04-11-2006, 12:11 PM
those pics are real FAKE PICTURES done by tool themselves. they are made by them, but u wont see them in the album art.

oh! well then, in that case, i'll disregard all evidence because you simply SAY SO. Don't be a dumbshit and try backing up your claims or don't bother typing them at all.

Staticfactory
Apparantly the TOOL managment doesn't want it to be leaked, which I perfectly understand.

That's what you get for testing the cynics and skeptics known as the TOOL NAVY. ;)

alucinar

internet provider or not - the maynard shot would be too much hard work to be just a promo shot, closest shit to real album art or maybe printed on the back on merkin vineyard bottles hahaah

Choice Breath
OMFGBBQ - I just found another pic from the same photoshoot with Maynard:
http://www.viviancampbellrocks.com/Retroactive.jpg

Now I'm certain this is real.
Is that an M.C. Escher?

CallofCthulhu
04-11-2006, 12:12 PM

Not really, I dont have a problem turning the book.

ObviousParadox
04-11-2006, 12:12 PM
That's what you get for testing the cynics and skeptics known as the TOOL NAVY. ;)

is he saying that al this is a joke? or is it just a bad translation of what he meant to say (something along the lines of "the gig is up" or whatever)?

Vianney
04-11-2006, 12:13 PM

no way. they would have leaked them a lot sooner than this if it was a joke. the fact that it's stereoscopic is the icing on the cake. adam's myspace is filled with pictures like these, almost like he's been prepping us for the album, then coincidentially, he places the alex grey image (which is supposedly the cover art) under the stereoscopic image title

if these were meant to be fake by the band themselves, they'd be wasting some great art

Gajarigon
04-11-2006, 12:13 PM
is he saying that al this is a joke? or is it just a bad translation of what he meant to say (something along the lines of "the gig is up" or whatever)?

It's a joke that I was e-mailed to delete it, and there will be no lawsuits against me because I leaked the pics.

CallofCthulhu
04-11-2006, 12:14 PM
I do believe at least one of their faces has been in every single booklet thus far.

Lateralus

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Not really, I dont have a problem turning the book.

Good call. For some, however, anything that requires more effort than a few clicks of a mouse button is completely out of the question. For others, the simple thought that this could all be legit is tearing their world down.

ObviousParadox
no way. they would have leaked them a lot sooner than this if it was a joke. the fact that it's stereoscopic is the icing on the cake. adam's myspace is filled with pictures like these, almost like he's been prepping us for the album, then coincidentially, he places the alex grey image (which is supposedly the cover art) under the stereoscopic image title

if these were meant to be fake by the band themselves, they'd be wasting some great art

WHOA WHOA WHOA! That actually MAKES SENSE! didn't you read his post? He says they're fake, so they HAVE to be. Fuck logic in any sense and just accept what one guy types! lock the thread! the debate is over, and YOU LOSE!

hateAliases
That's cool. They're real fake. Allright.

idiot, u KNOW what i mean, they want us to believe that THIS is the real thing. If its true, well im fine with it.

Boozy Eulogist
04-11-2006, 12:16 PM

Everyone's been saying it's not a cover. Look at the edges...these are obviously not the cover, they are within the booklet.

orange.juice
internet provider or not - the maynard shot would be too much hard work to be just a promo shot, closest shit to real album art or maybe printed on the back on merkin vineyard bottles hahaah
you can also see the edges of the other pages in that booklet, and the clamps and all. Of course someone could have photoshopped that, but damn. This looks so legit.

Vianney
WHOA WHOA WHOA! That actually MAKES SENSE! didn't you read his post? He says they're fake, so they HAVE to be. Fuck logic in any sense and just accept what one guy types! lock the thread! the debate is over, and YOU LOSE!

you're so right. *BANG* (shoots self)

minnull
04-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Lateralus

The cover model on the album is a terra recon of a full body scan of Maynard......

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 12:17 PM

Oh... good question. I'm not sure what he meant, but I read it like it's a joke. Either way, I wouldn't fuck around with copyright/embargo laws and I wouldn't be surprised if Tool is very quick to NAPSTALLICA anyone that does.

Citizen Erased
04-11-2006, 12:18 PM
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/7453/toolleak6qb.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2158/toolleak21ua.jpg

Just incase no-one saw them in first place, and other links are dead.

Staticfactory
It's a joke that I was e-mailed to delete it, and there will be no lawsuits against me because I leaked the pics.

Not yet, at least! ;)

spawk
new mini art ?? (http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6020/stereovision0sg.jpg)

CallofCthulhu
04-11-2006, 12:19 PM
The cover model on the album is a terra recon of a full body scan of Maynard......

Is it, didn't know that, learn something new everyday here

minnull
04-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Dude, just joking... we dont need more misinformation spreading.

Citizen Erased
new mini art ?? (http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6020/stereovision0sg.jpg)

HAHAHA

Gajarigon
Not yet, at least! ;)

*wets pants*

Well, at least I'll meet some toolmembers in court.

Vianney
04-11-2006, 12:21 PM
so gajarion, if you aren't really in trouble, would you be able to score some more scans of the booklet? And does this mean this guy has the music as well?

hateAliases
04-11-2006, 12:21 PM

Dude who said something like "I KNOW IT ALL, BELIEVE, TRUST AND WORSHIP ME I AM BATMAN! THOSE PICS ARE FAKE!" dumbfuck?!?

it was MY opinion until you turned it around and made me look like im talking to my sheeps. honestly i really dont care at all but some things have to be said like fu.

now, go cut yourself, because i say so.... moron.

CallofCthulhu
04-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Dude, just joking... we dont need more misinformation spreading.

I already called 15 friends

Alcawhorlick
idiot, u KNOW what i mean, they want us to believe that THIS is the real thing. If its true, well im fine with it.

Yep. I'm thinking that is the case, hence the smoke and the mirror in the picture.
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?smoke+and+mirrors !

Gajarigon
so gajarion, if you aren't really in trouble, would you be able to score some more scans of the booklet? And does this mean this guy has the music as well?
no. sorry. I'm not leaking something anymore. It's getting way to dangerous.

Vianney
04-11-2006, 12:23 PM

understood.

Citizen Erased
04-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks for what you have given us so far. Is the rest of the booklet as good?

Boozy Eulogist
...and Danger isn't his middle name.

alucinar

couldve at least leaked them in high res so i could zoom in on the sucker , nah mind

gl0tch

How do you figure? Unless of course you need some more time to fake some more shit.

czar

Put them on a USB key and upload them from a public computer (library or similar). :-)

Nebel
04-11-2006, 12:26 PM
So can someone clear this up, does the guy ACTUALLY have the album or does he just have the booklet?

minnull
How do you figure? Unless of course you need some more time to fake some more shit.

OOOOOOOOO its on now. Release more pictures or get served.

czar
So can someone clear this up, does the guy ACTUALLY have the album or does he just have the booklet?

Read the thread. This has been discussed about 5 times.

Nebel
04-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Read the thread. This has been discussed about 5 times.

9 pages man, 9 pages...

czar
04-11-2006, 12:28 PM
9 pages man, 9 pages...

You made it to the ninth page. You didn't read the first eight?

Gajarigon

Well, those two costed me about 2 days, I'm not really that good with photoshop you know. So you know when to expect the next ones...

Nebel
You made it to the ninth page. You didn't read the first eight?

No... I know the artwork is leaked, I can't be bothered to read the rest of the comments, so if someone could tell me please?

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 12:29 PM

Oh glotch, you're a gas!

Gajarigon
No... I know the artwork is leaked, I can't be bothered to read the rest of the comments, so if someone could tell me please?

Yes I have 24 copies here, next to me, on the table. I'm a recordstoreholder.

czar

I sincerely doubt this thread would be at just 10 pages if he had access to the full album. Not only that, it would probably deleted.

minnull
04-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Well, those two costed me about 2 days, I'm not really that good with photoshop you know. So you know when to expect the next ones...

ObviousParadox
you can't be bothered?! ahahaha! yeah man I'm sure you have MUCH better things to do.

Staticfactory
I sincerely doubt this thread would be at just 10 pages if he had access to the full album. Not only that, it would probably deleted.

Don't forget the part where the server buckles.

Nebel
04-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Yes I have 24 copies here, next to me, on the table. I'm a recordstoreholder.

I was under the impression that you got it from someone else?

And what's it got to do with anyone that I don't want to waste half an hour reading the whole thread?

czar
04-11-2006, 12:32 PM

And what's it got to do with anyone that I don't want to waste half an hour reading the whole thread?

You've wasted 15 minutes already trying to get an answer from asking. :-D

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 12:32 PM

He's being sarcastic. The story is that his friend works for the printing press company that did the tewl booklets and he got his scans on.

Edit: Online friend, mind you.

Gajarigon
04-11-2006, 12:33 PM

No I don't have the record, just two scans. That's everything. Be happy with what you have, enjoy it, you were are all so eager to find out what it would be, now you see the tip of the iceberg, but you must understand it would be ... a criminal offence to leak everything.

czar
04-11-2006, 12:34 PM
No I don't have the record, just two scans. That's everything. Be happy with what you have, enjoy it, you were are all so eager to find out what it would be, now you see the tip of the iceberg, but you must understand it would be ... a criminal offence to leak everything.

I'm sure there's someone on this forum who doesn't care and would be willing to get the rest of them through encrypted file transferral and posting it themselves. It'd save your ass. ;-)

But nonetheless, your decision and it's respected.

ObviousParadox
04-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Nebel, here's a small lecture on deductive reasoning.

First, you have to assume that, within the first page (statistically), he gave SOME background information about the leak. Now let's assume (worst case scenario) that the info he provided did NOT say straight up (YES, he has the cd, or NO he does not have the cd), then wouldn't you believe that within 2 pages of that post, it would be clarified? So it's not like you have to read 10 pages, you have to read between 1 and 4 (to have a VERY likely chance of finding out your answer) and perhaps only 2 pages! Now, most people here are as obnoxious and as ignorant as you, so you also can assume that not only was it clarified once in those 4 pages, but it was clarified MULTIPLE TIMES. Now go fetch, bitch.

Gajarigon
04-11-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm sure there's someone on this forum who doesn't care and would be willing to get the rest of them through encrypted file transferral and posting it themselves. It'd save your ass. ;-)

So you're implying there ARE risks involved... :o?

czar
04-11-2006, 12:36 PM
So you're implying there ARE risks involved... :o?

Only if you think there are.... ooOoOooOoOOoOoOoooo...

Nebel
04-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Nebel, here's a small lecture on deductive reasoning.

First, you have to assume that, within the first page (statistically), he gave SOME background information about the leak. Now let's assume (worst case scenario) that the info he provided did NOT say straight up (YES, he has the cd, or NO he does not have the cd), then wouldn't you believe that within 2 pages of that post, it would be clarified? So it's not like you have to read 10 pages, you have to read between 1 and 4 (to have a VERY likely chance of finding out your answer) and perhaps only 2 pages! Now, most people here are as obnoxious and as ignorant as you, so you also can assume that not only was it clarified once in those 4 pages, but it was clarified MULTIPLE TIMES. Now go fetch, bitch.

Why must you get so uptight over something as small as this? Well you insulted me and lectured me, I hope you let out some steam there.

And thanks for those who were willing to answer this.

Gajarigon
04-11-2006, 12:38 PM

But I don't have anything else. I'm just trying to be mysterious so people get confused and their head explodes and they will finally stop asking 'OMG SEND MORE' because they're too lazy to read 1 page (because on every page I had to explain it) but they're not too lazy to just make a new spampost and then spend the next half hour pressing F5 until they are served.

Descencia
04-11-2006, 12:39 PM
I just heard that the new album is really called controlfreaks

Gajarigon
04-11-2006, 12:39 PM
I just heard that the new album is really called controlfreaks

10.000 controlfreaks*

This is so much fun.

goats
04-11-2006, 12:41 PM
HUajhskj!!!!!

Vianney
04-11-2006, 12:41 PM
if only these leaked images had the album name and tracklist on them. i'm still a skeptic of those : )

Anti-Xian
04-11-2006, 12:42 PM
your a skeptic of those but not of the andy king review? omfg

Cid
A) It's not the World Trade Center.

B) APC already did "Imagine" and it sucked. I hope you are joking around.

the imagine cover was the only song worth listening to on that album...

czar
But I don't have anything else. I'm just trying to be mysterious so people get confused and their head explodes and they will finally stop asking 'OMG SEND MORE' because they're too lazy to read 1 page (because on every page I had to explain it) but they're not too lazy to just make a new spampost and then spend the next half hour pressing F5 until they are served.

True.dat

the imagine cover was the only song worth listening to on that album...

I don't even think the album was worth listening to. Actually, no, I take that back. Passive was a good song only because it was the old Tapeworm song that I used to have a live version of. And it was nice to hear it done in the studio.

Descencia
04-11-2006, 12:45 PM
I listened to EMO-tive once and it gave me a headache. Passive is the only song on there that's worth a damn because it was a Tapeworm song.

A WalkAbout
What about When the Levee Breaks?

Cid
It was eugene!

careful

Vianney
your a skeptic of those but not of the andy king review? omfg

did i ever say anything about the andy king review? as far as i'm concerned, that review revealed nothing, whether or not it was real, so i could care less

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Why must you get so uptight over something as small as this? Well you insulted me and lectured me, I hope you let out some steam there.

And thanks for those who were willing to answer this.

As far as I was concerned, I took it in as a humorous comment about being lazy rather than demanding and ignorant.

TheRuleOfThree
04-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Just saw these.

Thanks for them, very interesting and exciting. I know you probably took a lot of risks to get these out, so thanks again.

Cid
You people reliese that your, "Tool are too high and mighty too use their pictures on the album art," argument is rediculous.

Besides Lateralus, there has always been pictures, or at least one picture, of a band member in each album.

most of these people have only been fans since lateralus and think that's the only way it will be like from now on...

Carny_Handles
neat

ObviousParadox
04-11-2006, 12:49 PM
As far as I was concerned, I took it in as a humorous comment about being lazy rather than demanding and ignorant.

i agree, actually.

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't even think the album was worth listening to. Actually, no, I take that back. Passive was a good song only because it was the old Tapeworm song that I used to have a live version of. And it was nice to hear it done in the studio.

I was so disappointed with Passive, I can't even express it. The live version of 'Vacant' (or so it was titled) was sooooo much better.

Nebel
04-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Okay let's all shut up about that, I asked a question because I was reluctant to wade through the "OMG Stereoscopic!" posts just to find one answer.

Now, let's get back to it shall we.

OMG STEREOSCOPIC OMG LMAO

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 12:51 PM
i agree, actually.

You agree? *puzzled*

You just gave him a paragraph lecture on deductive reasoning when he was just joking about being too lazy. :P

Edit: 422 users online... beauty!

Vianney
04-11-2006, 12:54 PM
I was so disappointed with Passive, I can't even express it. The live version of 'Vacant' (or so it was titled) was sooooo much better.

did anyone else see the promo video maynard did with the bikini bandits girl in france? She said he was the mastermind behind A Perfect Circle... this upset me

czar
04-11-2006, 12:55 PM

Yes, it wasn't what I was expecting either, but alas... what can you do?

Alcawhorlick
04-11-2006, 12:57 PM

Why did you guys choose to turn this thread retarded instead of say, reading my posts?

smoke and mir·rors

noun
Definitions:

cover-up: something that is intended to draw attention away from something else that somebody would prefer remain unnoticed

The picture has a mirror and some smoke.

But it never even occurs to you thinkheaded fucks because you'd rather spend 2 pages/an hour accusing the guy of photoshopping the shit or talking about how emotive sucks.
Fucks sake.

Assuming Gajarigon or his source didn't fake the shit himself (yes, its a possibility, but not worthy of making accusations for the sake of making accusations.), and assuming that's actually maynard in the picture, I'd say the Smoke and Mirrors should be a dead giveaway, no?
And if he's holding a remote, it's even funnier.

Unstuck in Time
04-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Why does the info below the avatar tell me that Gajarigon has 0 posts?

jasonchristopher

how about you not be a dick. the guy was cool enough to post for us some very convincing leaks of the art, and you decide to just go ahead and harrass him anyway. grow up.

bshull2
Smoke and Mirrors doesn't have to be a reference to the image being fake. It could be suggesting other things

Descencia
04-11-2006, 01:00 PM
That "promo" with Maynard in the pool with that bikini bandits retard is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in my life.

WearingVans501s
04-11-2006, 01:00 PM
?

Alcawhorlick
04-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Smoke and Mirrors doesn't have to be a reference to the image being fake. It could be suggesting other things

true. maybe it could be suggesting that this album art is fake though.
That's my theory at least. Although I dont know what the benefit of faking it would be, other than to screw with people.
oh well, maybe it is real.
I only looked at it for a couple seconds since i'm at work. anyway, people are still thickheaded fucks.

Vianney
04-11-2006, 01:02 PM
hey, i'm up for all speculation - but do not state anything as fact.

slicknickshady
04-11-2006, 01:06 PM
I think the Art Kicks Ass. I dont care if it's real. It kicks ass. I like it AEnima style art. I liked Lateralus is Art but AEnimas Art was 10 Times Better.

czar
04-11-2006, 01:07 PM
how about you not be a dick. the guy was cool enough to post for us some very convincing leaks of the art, and you decide to just go ahead and harrass him anyway. grow up.

I'm being a dick??

How about I'm fucking joking around. What do you think the "ooOOoOOOoOOooO" was for? How about you get off your high horse and just settle the fuck down.

EDIT: And by the way, if you chose to read any of my other posts, you'd see that I used the winking smilie and I told him that his decision was respected.

Grimface
04-11-2006, 01:11 PM
I think the Art Kicks Ass. I dont care if it's real. It kicks ass. I like it AEnima style art. I liked Lateralus is Art but AEnimas Art was 10 Times Better.

ex-fucking-actly

lmerr
04-11-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm retarded, I can't get any of the stereoscopic images to work. :(

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 01:16 PM

I dont think so. Google the album art of any record you own. Guarantee most of it is online. All offences? I dont think so. IF, in fact, if you were making money off of this, that would be a criminal offence. Sharing information on the other hand is not.

Answer at least this: Have you seen the cover and if so, what does it look like?

I'm just failing to see the connection between this shit and and Alex Grey's Net of Being art.

orange.juice
04-11-2006, 01:16 PM
That "promo" with Maynard in the pool with that bikini bandits retard is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in my life.
i concur.

stattica
04-11-2006, 01:17 PM
The "smoke and mirrors" could have to do with the album content. There are some political influences, and this could be one of them. It could have to do with how a lot of people are blind to government corruption because of the war, or anything else like that. Just a guess.

spawk
04-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I think the Art Kicks Ass. I dont care if it's real. It kicks ass.
+100

BlairLicksTaint
04-11-2006, 01:18 PM
ITS NOT A SCOONER IT'S A SAILBOAT!!!!

spawk
04-11-2006, 01:20 PM
by the way, there seem to be many pages in this booklet, no ?

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 01:24 PM
If in fact they are going stereoscopic, are they going to supply a special viewing apparatus like glasses or something? These images are usually created with the intent of being used with such a device.

Including stereoscopic images sans device is like Ænima shipping without the plastic lens for lenticular viewing. Perhaps we'll also get a supersecret enochian decoder ring included too.

Actually, a friend of a friend's uncle's ex-roomate who dated a girl who's brother works at the coffeeshop where one of the people at the printshop goes for lunchbreak, mentioned that the album art was going to be scratch & sniff.

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 01:24 PM

orange.juice
04-11-2006, 01:27 PM

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 01:27 PM

The fact that you went back to dig up that quote makes you a carrot

Johnny Truant
04-11-2006, 01:31 PM
If in fact they are going stereoscopic, are they going to supply a special viewing apparatus like glasses or something? These images are usually created with the intent of being used with such a device.

Including stereoscopic images sans device is like Ænima shipping without the plastic lens for lenticular viewing. Perhaps we'll also get a supersecret enochian decoder ring included too.

Actually, a friend of a friend's uncle's ex-roomate who dated a girl who's brother works at the coffeeshop where one of the people at the printshop goes for lunchbreak, mentioned that the album art was going to be scratch & sniff.
Is it too hard for you to cross your eyes to look at it?

czar
04-11-2006, 01:33 PM

Check your facts before making such an ignorant statement.

spawk
04-11-2006, 01:33 PM
The fact that you went back to dig up that quote makes you a carrot
The fact that you have 4 posts on this page makes you a rabbit

Wretched
04-11-2006, 01:35 PM
The fact that you have 4 posts on this page makes you a rabbit

and that makes me a poo.

Staticfactory
04-11-2006, 01:40 PM

It's not nice to pick on the handicapped, apc1118.

Unstuck in Time
04-11-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm asking you again:
Can anyone explain to me why the info box below "Gajarigon"'s avatar tells me that he has 0 posts?

bbunt302
04-11-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm asking you again:
Can anyone explain to me why the info box below "Gajarigon"'s avatar tells me that he has 0 posts?

Post in the Rumors section do not count towards post count.

Unstuck in Time
04-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Post in the Rumors section do not count towards post count.
TEST.

EDIT: Alright. Thanks!

amhx147
04-11-2006, 01:50 PM
but im trying to rack up posts, cause people keep picking on me! ugh. and all the non rumor threads are BORING as fuck

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 01:52 PM

Have you ever viewed real stereoscopic images with the proper viewing device? There arent supposed to be 3 images where you pick the middle and focus on it half-assed. Proper stereoscopic scenarios yield one image in 3D.

Go out and play Metal Gear Acid 2 on the PSP. You'll see exactly what I mean. This cross eyed bullshit is an embarassment.

HalfASandwidch
04-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Lol. In the mirror it looks like he has his head on her chest and she's comforting him. Gotta love the fucking hair on him.

mmortal03
04-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Well it is a dark-haired mohawk, and from that distance the picture was taken you really wouldn't see much of a dark mohawk against the black background in the mirror. And there is an image overlay of the woman on the mirror, so the mohawk would be underneath it, nullifying the argument that the mohawk isnt on top of the white areas of the woman.

It is a different picture in the mirror.

The mohawk isn't there, and ee isn't holding up the glass in the mirror either. Also, she is facing Maynard in the mirror, and she is facing away from him outside the mirror.

Unstuck in Time
04-11-2006, 01:55 PM
but im trying to rack up posts, cause people keep picking on me! ugh. and all the non rumor threads are BORING as fuck
Heehee. Time to face the truth.

amhx147
04-11-2006, 01:56 PM
maybe its not a mohawk, but a small furry animal....

-im going to add my posts up anyways. fight the man. this is number 2, of my "unofficial/rumor/trashbin" posts

HalfASandwidch
04-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Have you ever viewed real stereoscopic images with the proper viewing device? There arent supposed to be 3 images where you pick the middle and focus on it half-assed. Proper stereoscopic scenarios yield one image in 3D.

Go out and play Metal Gear Acid 2 on the PSP. You'll see exactly what I mean. This cross eyed bullshit is an embarassment.
Actually I was trying to focus and unfocus while moving back and forth (which further proves that it's embarassing) and it formed a 3d image. Nothing special that I can see, but my eyes hurt like fuck now.

amhx147
04-11-2006, 02:00 PM
whats a "referral" did i fuck up somehow? :(

Unstuck in Time
04-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Actually I was trying to focus and unfocus while moving back and forth (which further proves that it's embarassing) and it formed a 3d image. Nothing special that I can see, but my eyes hurt like fuck now.
Same here...
But it worked with the naked girl at the creek image. Strange.

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 02:02 PM
FYI -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereopticon
http://www.bitwise.net/~ken-bill/stereo.htm

and a more contemporary solution:

http://www.psp411.com/show/product/737/6

(crossing your eyes is a piece-meal solution, not an answer to giving these images the justice they deserve)

HalfASandwidch
04-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Has anyone tried to take the symbols and place em side by side? You know... Make it like a stereoscopic image...

spawk
04-11-2006, 02:04 PM
there 's a good description of corring-eyes technique here http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/ihelp.html

the example image is poor, i agree. but that works well

now the best ones (must see) : http://www.studio3d.com/pages2/people2.html

the 3D view of Marcel Marceau is purely stunning.

stimulus
04-11-2006, 02:05 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/Gajarigon/toolleak.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/Gajarigon/toolleak2.jpg

Death In June
04-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Can someone explain steroscoping to me? I'd look it up myself, but I'm here already.

CrazyJoeDevola
04-11-2006, 02:07 PM
I doubt anyone can confirm if this is official but I doubt it is.

evlcookie
04-11-2006, 02:09 PM
interesting .. could they be similar to those pictures that are on adams myspace?

BlairLicksTaint
So no one here saw the 11 page thread in the rumors section? geeeeez

clone
try reducing the picture size. i too couldn't see it first, and this helped me a lot.

lachrymoIogy
04-11-2006, 02:10 PM
wtf

hobophobe
04-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Can someone explain steroscoping to me? I'd look it up myself, but I'm here already.

You take two pictures of the same thing from slightly different angles (usually simultaneously). The technique dates back to the late 1800s as far as I know... though there may be instances of hand-drawn art that produced the effect before that.

Using the cross eye technique, you cross your eyes so that the images are imposed over each other in the middle as a third image. With practice you can get your eyes to stay, and see it in 3D.

The more traditional viewing technique was something like those "viewfinder" toys you got with the disks that worked like slides. Two optics one per eye, and a card would be inserted behind them, with a stereoscopic set of images (one per eye). This allowed you to see the 3D image without the horrors of eyecrossing.

A newer technique is to take the two stereoscopic images and place them as two no-delay frames in an animated .gif or other animation. Flipping between the two rapidly, they create the 3D illusion (again, no bothersome eyecrossing required).

An example of the latter: http://www.well.com/~jimg/stereo/stereo_gate.html

Scrunzset
04-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Whooooaaaa, fake or not, that's pretty cool. Umm... that IS Maynard pointing the remote at us, right?

orange.juice
04-11-2006, 02:21 PM
duh.

Scrunzset
04-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Ahhh, OK, thought so. Pretty reminiscent of the Parabola DVD.

BlairLicksTaint
04-11-2006, 02:25 PM
maynard is holding a glass of wine

Scrunzset
04-11-2006, 02:27 PM
maynard is holding a glass of wine

So it is, thanx for the clarification.

dan
04-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I'd look it up myself, but I'm a lazy bitch.

Unstuck in Time
04-11-2006, 02:29 PM
It's a Klingon disruptor. That is so obvious.

mike tyson
04-11-2006, 02:30 PM
If that's the real artwork, it look shoddy as fuck.

I'd rather Lateralus II.

Saltank
It's real.

F!end
look in the rumors section...

Scrunzset
Looks like a pretty decent-sized booklet actually... from looking at it (assuming it's real) I'm estimating like, 14-16 pages.

Scrunzset
04-11-2006, 02:31 PM
It's a Klingon disruptor. That is so obvious.

Ka-pla, bitches.

I'd rather Lateralus II.

I second that. =(

toolloot
04-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah, looks real. Good fake if it is.

gl0tch
04-11-2006, 02:34 PM

I'd rather Lateralus II.

+ 10, 000. That art sux0rs.

awaking
what is a baby in a head supposed t mean...

amhx147
maynard has a giant rat on his head

Unstuck in Time
Keenan is actually the son of General Chang.

Teratoma
04-11-2006, 02:35 PM
That could almost pass for Dream Theater album art, well, some of it.

amhx147
04-11-2006, 02:37 PM
why does it say "referral" in my member info? did i do something bad? :(

NoD
04-11-2006, 02:37 PM
I got a craving for some doublemint gum

meatchunk
04-11-2006, 02:39 PM
what is a baby in a head supposed t mean...
Don't really know... I remember that one of the Alex Grey backdrops on the Lateralus tour had a similar image

Unstuck in Time
04-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Somebody followed you to this forum and gave you credit. I think so.

amhx147
04-11-2006, 02:44 PM
YAY!

amhx147
04-11-2006, 02:44 PM
anyone agree with me that its a rat, not a mohawk?

mike tyson
04-11-2006, 02:47 PM
probably...

i have 5.. 3 from this username.. and 2 from a previous username that got merged with it

i'm a bad boy

hateAliases
04-11-2006, 02:48 PM
hmm is it really that hard for a few of u guys?! i didnt even had to look it up how it works man, i'm crossing my eyes since im a little kid u know. i can see to the left with my left eye and straight forward with my right or vice versa if i want to... looks pretty funny so i have to do it all the time for my friends kinda when they're stoned or just feel the need to see it...

avedic
04-11-2006, 02:48 PM
+ 10, 000. That art sux0rs.

um...no. i actually rather like it alot. reminds me of the aenima art a bit...conceptually at least.

BlairLicksTaint
04-11-2006, 02:50 PM
I got a craving for some doublemint gum

I LOL'ed

Jorge
04-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Did anyone else notice that in the mirror, you can't see maynard's hawk. It looks like he's bald in the reflection.

amhx147
04-11-2006, 02:51 PM
i think it looks nifty. and think, you get double the pictures for your money. and not only do they just sit there, you can cross your eyes, and make them pop out! its almost like maynard is sitting in your living room, toasting you with a fine bottle of cadacus. mmmmmm

Foamy
04-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Whooooaaaa, fake or not, that's pretty cool. Umm... that IS Maynard pointing the remote at us, right?
I thought he was holding a glass of wine.

researchtriangle
04-11-2006, 02:59 PM
where are the rest of these supposed booklet pix? i don't see any other thread?

NoD
04-11-2006, 03:01 PM
and why hasn't the cover and booklet piece with the tracklisting been leaked, blair said they should've leaked a long time ago...

amhx147
04-11-2006, 03:03 PM
the original thread is in the rumors section, and these were leaked by some guy, who just got an email from tool that says he might be getting sued for releasing this stuff over the internet early ::rolls eyes::

just simulacra
04-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Tool are babies. At the concert, I'm going to throw a bottle on-stage.
A BABY BOTTLE.
Because they're babies.

Scrunzset
04-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Tool are babies. At the concert, I'm going to throw a bottle on-stage.
A BABY BOTTLE.
Because they're babies.

I hope it hits Maynard in the head and he'll stop singing for the rest of the show while the others continue to play. =P

BlairLicksTaint
04-11-2006, 03:08 PM
then he said that was a joke (the letter) he got these from a friend and this is all he has

amhx147
04-11-2006, 03:09 PM
well then, i officially retract my statement. and i humbly apologize for misinforming anybody, and hope no one took me seriously.

oneredflag
04-11-2006, 03:11 PM
I think it is young MJK in the Chair and older MJK in the mirror

Erectus Fatalus
04-11-2006, 03:11 PM
For the stereo-visually impaired:

http://saw.pvandel.nl/tool/tool_skull.gif
http://saw.pvandel.nl/tool/tool_zap.gif

researchtriangle
04-11-2006, 03:13 PM
looks cool, i bet they;re real

MOON
i have made this quickly...

http://lunarproject.free.fr/toolstereo1.html

For the picture with Maynard, the scan is too bad for a good result, but i will try again...

BlairLicksTaint
well then, i officially retract my statement. and i humbly apologize for misinforming anybody, and hope no one took me seriously.

sorry, I wasn't trying to be a dick

Anti-Xian
I think it is young MJK in the Chair and older MJK in the mirror

i like this idea.

NoD
04-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Gajarigon give us some more details, I know you know more....don't be afraid, tool won't sue you....their lawyers will.

Erectus Fatalus
04-11-2006, 03:15 PM
i have made this quickly...

http://lunarproject.free.fr/toolstereo1.html

For the picture with Maynard, the scan is too bad for a good result, but i will try again...

ah yours looks better

MOON
04-11-2006, 03:16 PM
hehe, at the same time :p

Descencia
04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=switched+on+bach&hl=en

For some reason the pic with Maynard reminds me of those.

Descencia
04-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Actually, didn't Adam Jones say they use a moog synth on the album some? Maybe the pic is some sort of homage to the old Switched on Bach covers.

Novus Opiate Seclorum
04-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Doesnt seem tool-ish,then again what can you classify as tool-ish?

Spaceman Spiff
04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
quickie attempt to create the effect using animation:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/69girl/nards.gif
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/69girl/skulls.gif

Vianney
04-11-2006, 03:35 PM
there 's a good description of corring-eyes technique here http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/ihelp.html

the example image is poor, i agree. but that works well

now the best ones (must see) : http://www.studio3d.com/pages2/people2.html

the 3D view of Marcel Marceau is purely stunning.

Ahh, thank you so much for this. I can do it now, no problem! whoo hoo

ObviousParadox
04-11-2006, 03:37 PM

well, not exactly stereoptic, but great for inducing seizures.

Vianney
04-11-2006, 03:38 PM
whoa, check this out

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=20913840&blogID=105062720&MyToken=0a80a8df-2f57-4acb-a59a-c02eacc02cda

I was checking out AJ's site to see some more steroscopic images, and i noticed this in his last blog. He apparently went somewhere with a lot of skulls and in one picture there's a siamese twin fetus in a jar. I wonder if this place had anything to do with the image for the skull cover with the fetus in the head

Descencia
04-11-2006, 03:39 PM

I enjoyed those links.

Spaceman Spiff
04-11-2006, 03:43 PM
I said it was a quickie, whaddya want :PI enjoyed those links.
Thanks, glad you did

randomhero8823
04-11-2006, 03:45 PM

maynard in 3D! now thats sweet!

MOON
04-11-2006, 03:45 PM
for the skull with the baby... i think its a Chet Zar works !