PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious video sometime soon...?

mattw
04-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Hey all,

I posted the following the other day on the Rage guestbook (Aussie music program) and got the following response etc:

"Matt
10/04/2006 2:41

Just wondering when Rage will show the video for the first Tool single ('Vicarious') from their new album '10,000 Days'... any news would be most appreciated!

Moderator Comment
rage programs the weekend’s shows right up until Friday morning. As soon as we have finished programming we put it on the website which is usually Friday afternoons. So have a look on the playlist link on Friday afternoon."

Now I am NOT saying NOR claiming that Rage will show the new video but I just thought I would post that reply from their moderator...

Also, I took it as a good sign that a moderator actually responded to my request/question etc. There are many posts/requests on the 'guestbook' that go unanswered...

So who knows? Obviously Blair would have said something by now about the new video premiering but we will just have to wait and see.

Surprising us with the new vid for Vicarious this Friday/weekend would be awesome! Otherwise, at least we get to hear the song on Easter Monday...

That's all. Just thought I'd add this to the 'Rumours' section...

Nemesis
04-11-2006, 02:41 AM
Surprising us with the new vid for Vicarious this Friday/weekend would be awesome! Otherwise, at least we get to hear the song on Easter Monday...

That's all. Just thought I'd add this to the 'Rumours' section...

I don't think we'll see it early, just a feeling I have

EDIT: But i'll be checking that playlist on Thursday arvo just in case!!

Inner_Eulogy
04-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Now a little common sense should play here. Why in the hell would they give us the video before they allow the radio stations to play it? It's always the other way around foolio.

nddurst
04-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Anyone remember a poster here who got a reply from Adam on Myspace? Something about three dates: 4/17, 5/2 and 6/6? (I can't remember if it was 6/6, but it was June something...) Maybe that is the date of the video premiere. Then again maybe not.

bass_dude
04-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Anyone remember a poster here who got a reply from Adam on Myspace? Something about three dates: 4/17, 5/2 and 6/6? (I can't remember if it was 6/6, but it was June something...) Maybe that is the date of the video premiere. Then again maybe not.

they wouldn't release the video that far after the single.

Alex

Anti-Xian
04-11-2006, 03:06 PM
6/6 for dvd release?

bass_dude
04-11-2006, 03:09 PM
perhaps.

hateAliases
04-11-2006, 03:15 PM
dont know what they are releasing but im somewhat convinced Tool will do SOMETHING on 6/6/06 i mean comeon, do you think tool will let this date pass by without anything having that stamp on?

hold on, wait. they are playing in germany that date.. hmmm.. how planless is that... anyways...

hateAliases
04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
6/6 for dvd release?

i highly doubt to see a tool dvd EVER. well of course if they get wet with the money cock they probably will.

my take on the dvd is: IF it ever will be released, THEN bundled with the upcoming album. Otherwise i dont think we'll see it.

That doesnt mean im convinced (new album + dvd together). im one of the few i think who always had a "haha .. right, a tool dvd -lol" in my head. Maybe because even the simple thought of it is just a big fucking WOW.

man i'd LOVE to have that thing....

DirtyBanana
04-11-2006, 09:32 PM
On 6/6/06 they are playing hamburg....and i am there.

Idiotica
04-11-2006, 10:05 PM
judging by recent news i would say there isn't a video.

nddurst
04-11-2006, 10:08 PM
What recent news are you referring to?

Any news I've seen that has to do with a video talks about Adam working on it.

Idiotica
04-11-2006, 10:18 PM
french interview thread - no dvd, also rumors of isis support tour no go (it seems) plus any other false lead dropped by tool since the end of the lateralus tour.

rimb
04-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Probably see it on Rage on Friday April 28th or May 5th I reckon.

3rd Brown Eye
04-13-2006, 10:11 AM
June 6th is a tuesday and new releases come out on Tuesday so even if they're playing in Germany there's still the chance something could come out that day.