PDA

View Full Version : aenima to laterlaus

Replaced zuzu
03-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Something happpen, I heard that maynard does pyote alot of times, is that true ?

I belive that the hole band had a enlightment of some sort, or a drug experince they shared toghter,

Andy
03-17-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Replaced zuzu
Something happpen, I heard that maynard does pyote alot of times, is that true ?

I belive that the hole band had a enlightment of some sort, or a drug experince they shared toghter,

A drug experience? i'm sure they had much more than just one. And yeah I'm sure Maynard has tried peyote on atleast one occasion. Why would he not? Its good fun

watchtheweather
03-24-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Andy
A drug experience? i'm sure they had much more than just one. And yeah I'm sure Maynard has tried peyote on atleast one occasion. Why would he not? Its good fun

I dont want to sound stupid but what is peyote

Also yes i think drugs were a big reason but i also think they became alot more spirtual

Andy
03-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by watchtheweather
I dont want to sound stupid but what is peyote

Also yes i think drugs were a big reason but i also think they became alot more spirtual

Its the raw form of mescalline, to be very unscientific. Basically its a halluciongenic drug, similar to acid and magic mushrooms. I haven't actually tried it yet, but if its anything like acid, should be a blast.

FlamingEye
03-27-2003, 03:07 PM
i personally think that curtin drugs are a good thing. they make you open up your mind and think of stuff that you would never think of sober. im not a drug addict or anything but drugs r fun. 8-)

tainednarf1014
03-31-2003, 08:07 PM
Peyote is crazy. It takes ten years for a peyote button to fully develop and become edible. So be thankful if you do get to do it. It effects alot of people differently though. I know people who have tripped 3 days straight off of it and I also know people who swear theyve seen that good old sheep fucker Jesus while trippin on it. I know its used by some indian tribes to help in the spirtual journey or in to assist them in recieving there visions so they can reach adulthood.

FlamingEye
04-01-2003, 01:38 PM
i have never herd of peyote. it sounds pretty fun. i wouldn't mind giving it a try

TimothyLeary
04-16-2003, 04:41 PM
just to clarify; peyote is a small cactus, spherical in shape with a flower on top. I know Maynard has done it, because one; i read it on their website one time (and a related topic, Tool DOES do drugs, if you read at toolband.com, it talks about them all taking acid); and the lyrics to Third eye say:

Listening to the phosphorescant desert buttons,
as they sing their one familiar song...

Now, let me make it clear...
-button- what a peyote cactus is called
-grows in the desert
phosphoscenes (spelling) are the things you see when closing you eyes, i.e. bright colored lights.

hope this helps

reedc33
04-16-2003, 06:03 PM
This link should be tacked on to almost every thread...

www.erowid.org

Edman
04-27-2003, 01:13 AM
YES!! THANK YOU!! I HAVE LOOKING FOR THIS SITE FOREVER! I USED TO HAVE IT BUT I LOST THE LINK!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Wataru
04-28-2003, 01:38 PM
AAAh! That link scares me...

Wataru has never done any drug, ever, not even so much as a cigarette. Nor will he drink beer. But he does have a favorite wine, go figure.

Well, if I ever need to write another paper on drugs for some idiotic English assignment, I know where to go for information...

BTW, the reason I don't do drugs...
http://www.requiemforadream.com
Damn you Darren Aronofsky, you bastard genius!!!

Mehhico
05-06-2003, 07:50 PM
My thoughts on peyote is that is it a very sacred cacti used by the native indians, Oaxaca Indians are the ones I read about, and are used to "see" and connect with their spiritual gods. It is used in intense rituals in groups in tents with the hot rock, and they go all night eating these buttons, and usually while smoking their jimson weed or similar. It is very sacred to them, and should not be taken without their presense. They "know".
I myself have a baby peyote on my window, but it is purely aesthetical. It is a gorgeous plant, and when it flowers, I will be the happiest tripper alive. Believe it or not, I got it from some old, white haired wizard at the markets. I had done a lot of reading about it and was introduced to this guy as he had gotten my friend some San Pedro. He invited me to his house where the unbelievable sight of hundreds of pedros, very healthy, and his private litle stash of about 15 peyote cacti. He gave me one for me to watch grow, flower and be indulged when I am 50. But I don't think I will ever eat it. Not without a guide.
I recommend that if you are interested in trying them, go on a 6 month trek through the amazon..........searching for knowledge.

Kind regards,
Andy