PDA

View Full Version : that was quick

Pages : 1 [2] 3

zavlin
04-08-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm surprized nobodys done anything with the 3 or so several second sound bytes (from toolarmy)that clearly are from new songs.

dracomordag
04-08-2006, 02:39 PM
yea, its miocene
dirtybanana leaked this on the 31st of March, trying to spread the word about Miocene and play an early april fools joke.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 02:43 PM
i thought someone already mention that these WEREN'T miocene.

Rosette feasted
04-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm surprized nobodys done anything with the 3 or so several second sound bytes (from toolarmy)that clearly are from new songs.
link?

meshuggah
04-08-2006, 02:45 PM
yea, its miocene
dirtybanana leaked this on the 31st of March, trying to spread the word about Miocene and play an early april fools joke.

that was a different clip called autopia. these are NOT miocene. miocene doesnt even sound that much like tool and alot of they're songs have techno shit in them!

so.. once again NOT MIOCENE
go get the cd

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 02:46 PM
if you have heard it you should be with me.
seriously, i wish i could find that guitar track that was floating around here about 3-4 weeks ago as being real. it was so fake we all said it was fake
now just cause someone put a vocal track behind it its real? lol btw, that leak bannana put out...was eight days ago. not three weeks. what are you talking about?

lachrymoIogy
that was a different clip called autopia. these are NOT miocene. miocene doesnt even sound that much like tool and alot of they're songs have techno shit in them!

so.. once again NOT MIOCENE
go get the cd ty

Vaginal Replicator
Someone PM me a link of this little snippet of "Vicarious" going around, please.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 02:47 PM
look in my aim profile. they're both there.

zavlin
04-08-2006, 02:47 PM
link?

theyr played from the main page randomly. But theyr so small its almost not worth it. definitely some odd stuff though, next to other known songs.

orange.juice
04-08-2006, 02:51 PM
theyr played from the main page randomly. But theyr so small its almost not worth it. definitely some odd stuff though, next to other known songs.
oooh that stuff again...

kyyuulle
04-08-2006, 02:53 PM
fake

the vocals are out of tune with the song

would have been more believable if the faker could stay in tune

dracomordag
04-08-2006, 02:55 PM
someone PM dirtybanana with the link to the clip.

he'll tell you what i have

Vaginal Replicator
04-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Yea, I dunno, I'd say this is fake. The production is kind of sub-par, and the music doesn't flow as nicely as most tool usually does and how adam describes it in the guitar world interview.

And another thing, at the end of the clip, where some thought he said "Vicarious, Vicarious", he says "I can, I can."

praefector
04-08-2006, 02:57 PM
the only thing throwing me off is the bass at parts it sounds off the beat but it might just be an odd signature...wont know for sure until it hits radio. vocals fit the "mixed down" descriptions weve heard...regardless...thanks to all who made this available

if its real, it sounds promising

researchtriangle
04-08-2006, 03:01 PM
wrestled with conscience
wrestled with mind
folding under pressure
...?

that's what i get out of it anyways

Grimface
04-08-2006, 03:02 PM
http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/pron/V0085600.wav

hmmm

Whoa :o
It sounds very much like Tool. Very Toolish sound and all. I hope that this isn't another fake. I want this to be real. TOOL rocks!!!!

Vaginal Replicator
04-08-2006, 03:05 PM
wrestled with conscience
wrestled with mind
folding under pressure
...? "Exploding like a mine?"

I can't, I can't, or I can, I can. Fuck, I dunno.

that's what i get out of it anyways

I just made the changes to your post. :-)

Vaginal Replicator
04-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Nevermind, definitely not Exploding like a mine, it's folding like a..... ____

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 03:07 PM
if these clips are real, they're more than likely edits sent to the band from their engineer, after layering or whatever to get an approval on the progress. it sounds unmastered, and obviously wouldn't be taken from the final product. if it's real, it's not straight from the album.

metalforever
04-08-2006, 03:09 PM
can i please get a pm of this?

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 03:10 PM
for the love of fucking god, read the god damn thread. there's no need to pm people for this shit, and this is the last time im saying this. the links are in my aim profile. go now.

dracomordag
04-08-2006, 03:13 PM
wrestle with my conscience
wrestle with mind
always/all this under pressure
foggin' up mind

i can't
i can't

amhx147
04-08-2006, 03:13 PM
amen

amhx147
04-08-2006, 03:14 PM
i still think he is saying "vicarious" for the last 2 lines

tcM_Emperor
04-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Someone PM me the fake tool song plz.

Lost Keys
04-08-2006, 03:22 PM
look in my aim profile. they're both there.

if anyone believes this is tool. do yourself a favor and burn all your cds.

amhx147
04-08-2006, 03:29 PM
if anyone believes this is tool. do yourself a favor and burn all your cds.

and ur logic behind it? listen, i know theres been alot of fake tracks. and im sure this has a really good chance at being fake as well... but if your going to denounce it as fake, then show some reasons... (ie miocene, or isis, or the drumming expo). cause if you had played maynards vocals for 30 seconds from the grudge before lateralus came out, i think 80 percent of the people would have said it was fake, specially if it was a shitty demo recording clip.

Lost Keys
04-08-2006, 03:33 PM
and ur logic behind it? listen, i know theres been alot of fake tracks. and im sure this has a really good chance at being fake as well... but if your going to denounce it as fake, then show some reasons... (ie miocene, or isis, or the drumming expo). cause if you had played maynards vocals for 30 seconds from the grudge before lateralus came out, i think 80 percent of the people would have said it was fake, specially if it was a shitty demo recording clip.

30 seconds from the grudge before lateralus???

that was a fake too!

AshleyKeenan
04-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Wrestle with a conscience, Wrestle with a mind. Falling under pressure, Falling out of line, Vicarious, Vicarious

amhx147
04-08-2006, 03:40 PM
30 seconds from the grudge before lateralus???

that was a fake too!

:)

Away in the sea of red
04-08-2006, 04:01 PM
PM me a link plz

CarboZz
04-08-2006, 04:03 PM
PM me with the link please :)

r4v3n
04-08-2006, 04:16 PM
can you pm me a link too please:)

amhx147
04-08-2006, 04:37 PM
go to my AIM profile. Americommando462

Madklikor
04-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Nevermind.

amhx147
04-08-2006, 04:38 PM
nevermind as well then

Anti-Xian
04-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Here's what i hear...

wrestle with your conscience
wrestle with mine/my....
folding under pressure
folding under mine/my.....
vicarious
vicarious

amhx147
04-08-2006, 05:02 PM
yeah, thats what i hear as well.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Here's what i hear...

wrestle with your conscience
wrestle with mine/my....
folding under pressure
folding under mine/my.....
vicarious
vicarious

Pretty damn close, some of it is just inaudible. And I guess that really is "vicarious" in there... You know the one with just the vocs sounds pretty crappy. But toss in the one with the guitar - it sounds SO MUCH better. Next project, who wants to sync them up and dub them LOL... nah, but I dunno. The music has amazing potential though.

JuhaDeWolf
04-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Actually, I synched the vocal track over the guitar track. It worked out pretty nicely, and I have the link in my AIM profile.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 05:11 PM
so no one has confirmed or denied this yet?

JuhaDeWolf
04-08-2006, 05:13 PM
No it's pretty much denied, but it sounds cool and everyone wants the new album so badly. I say listen to 81st Chakra, but this works too.

sur
04-08-2006, 05:18 PM
pm please....and I don't have aim and have no fucking idea what is aim.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 05:24 PM
aol instant messanger...

sur
04-08-2006, 05:29 PM
it's not very used in my country.

and thanks!

Zeal_Love
04-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Sounds like he's saying "I carry on" to me instead of "Vicarious"

sur
04-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I say not tool.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-08-2006, 05:44 PM
If you can listen to the overlay that JuhaDeWolf made, that makes it ALOT better. If it's anything it's a demo, but it has MASSIVE potential. I guess we'll know in 9 days...

Anti-Xian
04-08-2006, 05:49 PM
i mixed it both ways...just did a simple mix overlay and it syncs up damn near perfect without having to do anything...

i also matched up the vocal track to the opening sequence on the instrumental and made one track. it flows nicely.

i'm not sure what order they go really since the instrumental is cut short...who knows maybe at the cut on the instrumental it gets hard as fuck.

you people that say this isn't tool are bold. i have never heard another band come close to even being able to copy tools sound and this music here (if it's not tool) is by far the best in comparison that i've ever heard. my vote is it's tool.

amhx147
04-08-2006, 05:51 PM
shit that sounds goood!

amhx147
04-08-2006, 05:57 PM
i posted the overlay on my AIM as well

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-08-2006, 06:03 PM
i mixed it both ways...just did a simple mix overlay and it syncs up damn near perfect without having to do anything...

i also matched up the vocal track to the opening sequence on the instrumental and made one track. it flows nicely.

i'm not sure what order they go really since the instrumental is cut short...who knows maybe at the cut on the instrumental it gets hard as fuck.

you people that say this isn't tool are bold. i have never heard another band come close to even being able to copy tools sound and this music here (if it's not tool) is by far the best in comparison that i've ever heard. my vote is it's tool.

That's what I'm thinkin - there are alot of reasons why I'm thinking it is. I've been following this board very close for a long time, granted I can't catch everything.

My list of reasons why I think it probably is Tool:

#1 that higher level of emotional expression that isn't in 99% of other music, is there.

#2 I've played guitar for ten years, and I'm very familiar with Adam's style. This sounds completely like him, to me. The bends, the sustains, the feedback, and the palm muted controlled picking. It's actually very similar to The Patient in parts just played at different timing and notes in different order. ALSO *it sounds to me like there is use of a volume control pedal*

#3 there are some subtle emotional nuances in the vocals, though they are rough, that sound like only Maynard can sound.

#4 The guitars are "to the fore".

#5 The ambient noises sound like pigs, and very similar to the stuff off of the Toolband intro.

#5 The vocs sound highly effected, like has been so often touted.

#6 It sounds a bit APC'ish which has been so highly touted.

#7 It sounds different and new.

#8 There is MASSIVE potential.

So when I was freaking out about this - I was not just freaking out for no reason. But still, I won't say it is them, that would be stupid. Also I think it's stupid to say it's not them, though.

JuhaDeWolf
04-08-2006, 06:04 PM

Yeah, um... last time I checked, I mixed that overlay.

praefector
04-08-2006, 06:04 PM
yeah well done

something is still putting me off about that bass line though

like, this sounds good and all and it sounds like it could be a tool song...but it really mirros something any good musician trying to make a tool song could do on his own with magix or something.

in fact, this is going to make its way pretty far around the trade scene. so if it is a fake, kudos to whoever did it.

bonus.cheese
04-08-2006, 06:05 PM
resurrect/ed conscience
resurrect/ed mind
All this fucking pressure
fucking up my

Vicarious
Vicarious

That's what I heard, except 'Vicarios' sounds more like 'Vicarion'.

I have both mp3's by the way. PM me or something if you want them.

Anti-Xian
04-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah, um... last time I checked, I mixed that overlay.

seeing as how i dont give a fuck and didn't go download aim to get it from you i used sound forge and made my own.

dont be a little douche bag. you did it first whoop-de-doo basil.

is it ok if i make my own mixes with the 2 tracks I have on MY harddrive? jesus fuckin christ!

praefector
04-08-2006, 06:07 PM
im also not sure ive ever heard adam use delay like this before

it sounds pretty simple but cool.

amhx147
04-08-2006, 06:08 PM
honestly though... this is i think the first thread where no one is ripping on eachother and throwing everything down the garbage drain. everyones been real positive and friendly about it. even though this might be fake.. its nice to get a thanks. preciate yall for keepin ur mind open bout this. 24 days :)

amhx147
04-08-2006, 06:09 PM
seeing as how i dont give a fuck and didn't go download aim to get it from you i used sound forge and made my own.

is it ok if i make my own mixes with the 2 tracks I have on MY harddrive? jesus fuckin christ!

lol nevermind i must have skipped over this post by accident.

ProdigyDub
04-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Some of you guys actually think this is the real song? Not only is it completely contradictory to AK's description, but it definitely would not be a logical choice for a 1st single.

praefector
04-08-2006, 06:10 PM
honestly though... this is i think the first thread where no one is ripping on eachother and throwing everything down the garbage drain. everyones been real positive and friendly about it. even though this might be fake.. its nice to get a thanks. preciate yall for keepin ur mind open bout this. 24 days :)

the realization that new tool is upon is gets everyone into a good mood

even if, in the end, its just a bunch of fake wankery

A Tad Bit Catatonic

LOL, ah come on guys

amhx147
its the best fake wankery yet.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Some of you guys actually think this is the real song? Not only is it completely contradictory to AK's description, but it definitely would not be a logical choice for a 1st single.

Take a litle imagination and toss it on in. It is good sounds - if it were HIGHLY produced, it could sound amazing...

praefector
04-08-2006, 06:12 PM

i hadnt yet pegged this as vicarious because i didnt see the original post

does anyone remember or can paraphrase ?..

was it "here is some clips of vicarious from (insert possibly believablestory) ?

amhx147
04-08-2006, 06:13 PM
thats what i like about it. its got alot of potential. even if this werent tool... it would be pretty interesting to find out who made it. i think it sounds great.

amhx147
04-08-2006, 06:14 PM
i hadnt yet pegged this as vicarious because i didnt see the original post

does anyone remember or can paraphrase ?..

was it "here is some clips of vicarious from (insert possibly believablestory) ?

yea it was something along those lines. it got closed in like 5 minutes by the mods... hence the title of this thread.

ProdigyDub
Take a litle imagination and toss it on in. It is good sounds - if it were HIGHLY produced, it could sound amazing...

I'm not saying it sounds terrible--I'm saying there's no way this style of song would be the first single off a Tool CD. And it doesn't match the description.

JuhaDeWolf

Haha, wow. That was a bit o' sarcasm in my post, but that doesn't translate well over the internet. Sorry about that.

Anyways, seeing as not everyone has AIM... can I do this? Am I allowed to do this?
I'm doing this.

http://media.putfile.com/Vicarious-Overlay

praefector
04-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm not saying it sounds terrible--I'm saying there's no way this style of song would be the first single off a Tool CD.

i actually remember saying this exact thing after the first time i heard "schism"

not implying anything about the validity of the clip though

...just saying

Anti-Xian
04-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I myself am curious as to who posted this originally (last tuesday???) or whenever it was and where they got them. i've been checking the boards pretty much every day and i somehow missed this original post where these came from.

Anti-Xian
04-08-2006, 06:16 PM
JuhaDeWolf , sorry sometimes it's hard to pick on the tone of voice thru text. my bad :)

amhx147
04-08-2006, 06:17 PM
i know this is kind of off subject, but if posted a song up here, would anybody be willing to try and ID it? ive been trying to find the name/artist for a very long time now.

JuhaDeWolf
04-08-2006, 06:18 PM
JuhaDeWolf , sorry sometimes it's hard to pick on the tone of voice thru text. my bad :)

Yeah, that's why I advocate the use of sarcasm brackets. Just go like this...

George W. Bush is a [genious].

amhx147
04-08-2006, 06:20 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Unknown-47

incase y'all are bored... if anyone knows the name or artist... it would help alot..

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-08-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm not saying it sounds terrible--I'm saying there's no way this style of song would be the first single off a Tool CD. And it doesn't match the description.

Ah yeah I know. I think we are all in good spirits here, why shouldn't we be - WE WILL HAVE NEW TOOL IN 9 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I just am excited by this and I have my reasons for it which I have clearly stated. And IF there is one thing we have all learned from these masters of the musical realm, is it not that we shouldn't ever expect any typical formula from them?... I understand there is comfort in things not changing, but the truth of the matter is that they do change, and they always will. So I dunno, but if this is the new direction I will gladly accept it, personally.

Anti-Xian
04-08-2006, 06:22 PM

incase y'all are bored... if anyone knows the name or artist... it would help alot..

no fuckin' clue. sorry.

JuhaDeWolf
04-08-2006, 06:23 PM

Yeah you're gonna have a really hard time finding out the name to that one.

ProdigyDub
04-08-2006, 06:23 PM
i actually remember saying this exact thing after the first time i heard "schism"

not implying anything about the validity of the clip though

...just saying

I can understand why you'd stay that, but Schism has a lot of energy and pretty radio friendly. Tool may evolve somewhat in style from album to album, but the criteria for what makes a good 1st single doesn't change much with time. This song (at least if it's anything like this one part) is the exact opposite of marketable and radio-friendly (not saying it's terrible).

JuhaDeWolf
04-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey, anyone remember Kid A? Radiohead did a complete turnabout with that album compared to OK Computer.

I'm not hoping for this, but maybe 10,000 Days is Tool's Kid A.

Kickstand
04-08-2006, 06:44 PM
After quite a few listens with my speakers cranked the vocals sound damn well like Maynard. Definitely the best clip of them all so far. Whatever the hell it is I can't stop listening to it.

clavian
04-08-2006, 06:48 PM
I'd like the link please.

Thanks.

praefector
04-08-2006, 06:52 PM

if you look at the bottom of the media player applet it says

Nine Inch Nails

Unknown bonus track

Album: BLEED THROUGH

so id just call it "unnamed song"

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-08-2006, 06:59 PM
if you look at the bottom of the media player applet it says

Nine Inch Nails

Unknown bonus track

Album: BLEED THROUGH

so id just call it "unnamed song"

Yeah if that is NIN, I'll eat my shoe. As rough as that is, it's still better than all the NIN I've ever heard lol, IMO of course...

amhx147
04-08-2006, 07:00 PM
its not NIN. i know that for a fact. its labeled wrong

HolyReality
04-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Yeah if that is NIN, I'll eat my shoe. As rough as that is, it's still better than all the NIN I've ever heard lol, IMO of course...
nine inch nails kick ass.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-08-2006, 07:15 PM
nine inch nails kick ass.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're better than 99% of the rest of it. To me, personally though, they are just not up to par with Tool. That is not necessarily a bad thing. I just think Tool is off in some other place, that really, no other popular rock bands are. So I am not putting them down. I am, however, also not going to lift them up to where Tool is.

Lost Keys
04-08-2006, 07:20 PM
apples and oranges anyone?

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-08-2006, 07:25 PM
apples and oranges anyone?

I'll settle for fine South American Clementine Tangerines (Tool), and some worm eaten crab apples (NIN)... hahahhaha nah just kiddin =)

el57
04-08-2006, 07:27 PM
AMHX that sounds like Ulver but I can't be sure. I have their album Perdition City and that sounds liek the shit they have on there but it isnt. But they have other albums so maybe its from a newer album or so. Anyway check Ulver out if you like that type of stuff

HalfASandwidch
04-08-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm nice and late... Can someone pm me the link to this if it's still around?

amhx147
04-08-2006, 07:33 PM
AMHX that sounds like Ulver but I can't be sure. I have their album Perdition City and that sounds liek the shit they have on there but it isnt. But they have other albums so maybe its from a newer album or so. Anyway check Ulver out if you like that type of stuff

thanks, ill look into it. its alot more than I already had. really appreciate it.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm nice and late... Can someone pm me the link to this if it's still around? if you have aim, look in my profile, all the links are there. if not, tell me. i'll be glad to pm the links.

HalfASandwidch
04-08-2006, 07:38 PM
if you have aim, look in my profile, all the links are there. if not, tell me. i'll be glad to pm the links.
It's cool I got PMed already. Thanks anyways.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 07:39 PM
FINE! .. ::slides the barrel of a shotgun into my mouth::

el57
04-08-2006, 07:42 PM
thanks, ill look into it. its alot more than I already had. really appreciate it.

Just remember that their early albums were black metal in case you download one of those and get confused.

HalfASandwidch
04-08-2006, 07:42 PM
FINE! .. ::slides the barrel of a shotgun into my mouth::
I support death...

amhx147
04-08-2006, 07:44 PM
i just ran through all their albums... didnt find it. but they have some good stuff. listening to "Blood Inside" now..

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 07:50 PM
black metal...ew. amhx147 go download Between the Buried and Me - Selkies: The Endless Obsession ( assuming you don't listen to them) if you want to listen to something badass and experimental.

amhx147
04-08-2006, 07:51 PM
listening now. not bad

Exoskeletal
04-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Hmm, there's a possibility that this could be the end of a song because when it ends all the sounds fade and there is only that last guitar chord and the bell. But yeh this also could only be one layer of the song and be in any part of it.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 07:55 PM
the transition into the end of the song, and the guitar sweeping in the solo at the end is unbelievable.

el57
04-08-2006, 07:58 PM
lol Ulver is like electornica and jazz and way more experimental than BTBAM. I love BTBAM though don't get me wrong.

But ya selkies kicks incredible ass

amhx147
04-08-2006, 08:00 PM
so far ive enjoyed both. thanks.

edit: tool still kicks ass tho :)

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 08:00 PM
i dont listen to them, nor have i heard them. so i wasn't making a comparison or dissing them, just pointing him towards someone badass. also, for in the realms of metalcore/grind...whatever, they're pretty fucking ingenuitive. check out Cephalic Carnage too, they're much more grind, but equally as original, brutal, and musically aweinspiring. and they may have the best drummer on the planet, standing along side DC. Observer to the obliteration of planet earth, and Dying will be the death of me would be two good ones to start with

el57
04-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah my fav hardcore band is The Number 12 Looks Like You if you haven't heard of them. They pretty spastic but reall good

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 08:02 PM
so far ive enjoyed both. thanks.

edit: tool still kicks more ass tho :) fixed.

HolyReality
04-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think they're better than 99% of the rest of it. To me, personally though, they are just not up to par with Tool. That is not necessarily a bad thing. I just think Tool is off in some other place, that really, no other popular rock bands are. So I am not putting them down. I am, however, also not going to lift them up to where Tool is.
a little tough to compare but yeah, I'd take tool any day too.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah my fav hardcore band is The Number 12 Looks Like You if you haven't heard of them. They pretty spastic but reall good they put on a fantastic show, the singers are a little annoying at times since they have a grindcore ..anal kunt esque style of singing. saw them like four months ago with the classic struggle, ed gein, and through the eyes of the dead. great show.

HolyReality
04-08-2006, 08:04 PM
lol Ulver is like electornica and jazz and way more experimental than BTBAM. I love BTBAM though don't get me wrong.

But ya selkies kicks incredible ass
all truth.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 08:04 PM
nuclear, sad , nuclear is badass.

el57
04-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Looks like we got some varied tastes on TDN lol.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 08:07 PM
i listen to just about everything except country, studio gangster rap, country and anything that makes you think "damn...thats geh"

amhx147
04-08-2006, 08:11 PM
i listen to just about everything except country, studio gangster rap, country and anything that makes you think "damn...thats geh"

i listen to everything you listed except rap, with one exception, after going to NIN concert 2 weeks ago, i heard Saul Williams for the first time... i was really impressed.

el57
04-08-2006, 08:13 PM
I like rap like 2pac and Mobb Deep and older stuff like that/

amhx147
04-08-2006, 08:14 PM
so i guess we never got a verification about where those two sound clips came from?

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 08:19 PM
no verification in either direction. the only rap i listen to is probably ten years old, and on Death Row records. nothing good has come out in a long time (mos def, blackstar, blackalicious, ...but that's hip hop.)

amhx147
04-08-2006, 08:21 PM
try saul williams if u have time. its really not bad at all.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 08:22 PM
i wont deny it, im a straight rida, you don't wanna fuck with me. got the whole east fussin at me, but they can't do nuttin to a G.

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 08:22 PM
WEST SIYEEEEEEEEEDE!!

khemystri
04-08-2006, 08:43 PM
pm?

lachrymoIogy
04-08-2006, 08:50 PM
look at my aim profile...they're all there.

jAkUp
04-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Here is the instrumental, the one with lyrics kinda sucks. I have them both but here is the better of the two:

EDIT:
Nevermind, I deleted the link. PM me if you want either one still.

Anyways, these are VERY old guys, I have had these for like a week. Most people think its fake. I suppose we will find out soon enough though.

It sounds pretty good to me though.

Exoskeletal
04-08-2006, 08:54 PM
This thread is about to get deleted again.

amhx147
04-08-2006, 09:10 PM
those crazy mods.

dfbovey
04-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Kinda reminds me of the No Quarter cover.

herarety
04-08-2006, 10:16 PM
I TRIED TO LAST AS LONG AS I COULD!

Fock, you women are so demanding.

amhx147
04-08-2006, 10:33 PM
I TRIED TO LAST AS LONG AS I COULD!

Fock, you women are so demanding.

last for what?

Light Reflections
04-08-2006, 11:37 PM
I doubt it's Tool, but it's a pretty cool clip, whatever it is.

Lost Keys
04-09-2006, 12:09 AM

no wonder tool messes with us.

Visceralus
04-09-2006, 01:27 AM
no wonder tool messes with us.

open yourself to new experiences

samael
04-09-2006, 01:36 AM
pm please?

herarety
04-09-2006, 01:38 AM
pm please?
LAWL WAY TO GET AQUANTED

samael
04-09-2006, 01:43 AM
LAWL WAY TO GET AQUANTED

Yes it is or should I first write how Blair sucks, Tool sucks and how you should die?

praefector
04-09-2006, 01:44 AM
Yeah my fav hardcore band is The Number 12 Looks Like You if you haven't heard of them. They pretty spastic but reall good

people actually like them now...wtf

my oh my what has the world come to

anyway if youre gonna plug one of those bands plug bodies in the gears of the apparatus or circle takes the square etc etc

the number 12... is fucking awful though

fuck i bet people even love the locust now

herarety
04-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Yes it is or should I first write how Blair sucks, Tool sucks and how you should die?
No you are obviouly not an noov nov 3003.

Rav
04-09-2006, 04:30 AM
It's an interesting little piece, whatever it is.

I certainly agree it is far more believable than any supposed leaks we've had so far.

I'm keeping an open mind, but we'll all know for sure soon enough.

toolloot
04-09-2006, 04:30 AM
The best fake was the German band who sound like Tool one.

MOON
04-09-2006, 04:40 AM
Anyone can PM me the link please ? :)

Thank you very much ! :)

kamyar
04-09-2006, 04:46 AM
it's actually a band called Miocene.. i hadn't head this track by them yet..

it would have fooled me though.

bored&numb
04-09-2006, 04:52 AM
can we get a second confirmation on this?

and can i get a PM?

thanks in advance.

Rav
04-09-2006, 04:56 AM
it's actually a band called Miocene.. i hadn't head this track by them yet..

it would have fooled me though.

It is not Miocene. That was another clip, posted over a week ago. This is something entirely different.

samael
04-09-2006, 05:02 AM
and can i get a PM?

thanks in advance.

Me too, still.

bonus.cheese
04-09-2006, 05:04 AM
if you want the link.. PM the person who offered it. Don't be lazy and make them find you and then pm u.

I have the link by the way.

Carbonatedgravy
04-09-2006, 05:07 AM
I keep telling myself that once the single is actually out I'm going to lock myself off the internet, ignore the radio, and wait patiently for the cd to come out before I listen to anything. And yet I jump on any and every supposed leak that sprouts up.

Can't exactly add anything that hasn't been said, but while I think this new one is enjoyable, I very much doubt it's Tool. It wouldn't disappoint me if it were, but I don't find it likely.

STA
04-09-2006, 05:09 AM
I'm too hungover to read through 11 pages. Can someone tell me what happened here?

Carbonatedgravy
04-09-2006, 05:23 AM
I'm too hungover to read through 11 pages. Can someone tell me what happened here?

Another probably phony leak, but this one made people excited enough to masturbate over while spending 11 pages trying to figure out what the hell "Maynard" was exactly saying. At least 6 pages could be cut if you just get rid of people asking for links.

ArizonaBay
04-09-2006, 05:36 AM
PM me with this thing someone... please.

STA
04-09-2006, 05:43 AM
PM me with this thing someone... please.

I will if I can get my hands on it.

Windir
04-09-2006, 05:55 AM
Oh no! Not Miocene again. You guys really need to stop believing everything that's been said on the internet. We had this discussion a while ago and... wait. 20 pages?
Hahahaha.

Sorry, continue .. please do.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-09-2006, 06:10 AM
lol props to ya Juha - I feel the same way. Mods please don't lock the thread though. I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about this (not that you shouldn't lock the thread because I'm curious). But it doesn't seem to me this is hurting anyone, or going to prematurely spoil the album for anyone, including Tool. And to those of you pretending like you know anything like it's firm, we don't know - anything is possible. If this is an early demo from the new album, man I am still excited by it. It's got huge possibility. And if anyone can find out if it's something else, that would be awesome as well. So no harm done, really...

Grimface
04-09-2006, 06:13 AM
Yarrr I want to hear that clip. PM me please.

deaf
04-09-2006, 06:17 AM
is that steve vai playin the guitar?

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-09-2006, 06:20 AM

lol remember, guitars are gonna be "to the fore" on this one =P

Grimface
04-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Link me damnit :|

deaf
04-09-2006, 06:31 AM
Link me damnit :|

the link is 5 posts above... isn't it?

Grimface
04-09-2006, 06:37 AM
the link is 5 posts above... isn't it?

Fuck I'm blind

redbox
04-09-2006, 06:42 AM

The guitar is similar to Adam and vocal to Maynard.

I think that isn't fake ;p

Grimface
04-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Well this really goes along with that statement of vocals being buried in the music :P

DirtyBanana
04-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Can someone PM me that link please?

DirtyBanana
04-09-2006, 06:57 AM
nah...don´t think so.

Estevan
04-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Someone PM it to me please.

amhx147
04-09-2006, 07:36 AM
get the links of my AIM profile;

JuhaDeWolf
04-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Well, the link was removed, eh?

praefector
04-09-2006, 09:48 AM

maybe if steve vai forgot how to use delay properly and lost two fingers

sure

NoD
04-09-2006, 09:51 AM
does this leak give anyone else goosebumps? It's that hard looping electronic sound, it's like nails on a chalkboard or the wings of a giant insect or something.....

praefector
04-09-2006, 09:52 AM
no

NoD
04-09-2006, 09:55 AM
blow me

el57
04-09-2006, 09:56 AM
ill have to agree with no. There's nothing fuckin mystical or goosebump worthy of it

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-09-2006, 10:09 AM
does this leak give anyone else goosebumps? It's that hard looping electronic sound, it's like nails on a chalkboard or the wings of a giant insect or something.....

Lol no, but do you really think every single thing Tool jams, and begins to records would give you goosebumps. I can, however see this being turned into something that could give you goosebumps. The melodic potential is there, that's all I was saying. It DOES however sound very much like Adam to me. Especially alot of the things on Lateralus. It sounds like something is being worked out.

NoD
04-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Lol no, but do you really think every single thing Tool jams, and begins to records would give you goosebumps. I can, however see this being turned into something that could give you goosebumps. The melodic potential is there, that's all I was saying. It DOES however sound very much like Adam to me. Especially alot of the things on Lateralus. It sounds like something is being worked out.

I didn't mean like it's just so amazing it gives me goosebumps, I'm just talking about the creepy looping sound.....it sounds very cool.

ifrigginghatethis
04-09-2006, 10:44 AM
LOLOLOLOL

omfg, this is so clearly NOT TOOL. Some ***got heard about the new vocal mixing technique and the fact that this song has a slow intro and decided to make a fake. I would bet everything I own on it.

el57
04-09-2006, 10:55 AM
ya i no its clearly not tool lulz....

Metalhos
04-09-2006, 11:18 AM
#1 i like (most of) miocene's music very much.

#2 the 1.37 clip (a shorter clip exists as well, this one is "pasted" together at one position) is NOT miocene.

#3 it fits very much to the description on the first song by andy king - "Mesmeric start. Hypnotic beat"

#4 i bet my ass that it's played by tool. the "atmosphere" and feeling is very very similar and the increasing dynamic fits perfectly to a toolish intro to a monster of a song.

#5 20 days remaining... for european release :D. hooooooray!!!!

orange.juice
04-09-2006, 11:24 AM
my calendar says 19 :D

and it's 18 days until the release party.

Metalhos
04-09-2006, 11:28 AM
i am hard to myself. i have counted today as well ;)

yeah.. release party.. bochum.. gehste hin? muss man da karten vorbestellen um reinzukommen? fragen über fragen. auf jeden fall nehm ich mir ne zweite unterhose mit.

orange.juice
04-09-2006, 11:35 AM
hmm vermutlich geh ich hin. Es sei denn es gibt die cd schon irgendwo vorher. Eintritt ist wie's scheint frei!
http://www.keller-club.info/index.php?module=pagesetter&func=viewpub&tid=2&pid=11

JuhaDeWolf
04-09-2006, 12:01 PM
I don't speak freaky-deaky German...

But is that article saying that there will be an advance listning party somewhere in Germany on the 27th of April at 10 PM?

praefector
04-09-2006, 12:03 PM

anyone who sat down with a guitar and listened to "the patient" could have come up with that riff

the effects scream "NOT ADAM JONES" to me...the delay is too sloppy

as a standalone, this track has potential for sure...but it doesnt hold a candle to what i expect from Tool

dracomordag
04-09-2006, 12:06 PM
lol @ people still thinking this is real

it's been disproven countless times in this thread alone, not to mention the first time these clips came around. get that through your head

orange.juice
04-09-2006, 12:09 PM
But is that article saying that there will be an advance listning party somewhere in Germany on the 27th of April at 10 PM?
in six different locations across the country to be precise. Keller Club in Munich is one of them.

*giggles*

Rav
04-09-2006, 12:10 PM

it's been disproven countless times in this thread alone, not to mention the first time these clips came around. get that through your head

Please do tell where it has been disproven in this thread. I do not 'believe' this is the real thing, but I do think it has the potential to be.

Metalhos
04-09-2006, 12:11 PM

disproven with WHAT? :D

JuhaDeWolf
04-09-2006, 12:12 PM

*giggles*

Non fa *giggles* a me! Pezzo di merde, non posso parlare tedesca. Questo forum è inglese. Parla inglese!

dracomordag
04-09-2006, 12:14 PM
You can find a thread that DirtyBanana made about April 2nd or so... claiming to have the new single. he had these exact clips we have here. everyone was like "OMG" and downloaded them, only to find that it was his april fools joke/way of advertising one of his favorite bands "miocene"

you can check out there myspace i think for the song you keep listening to thinking its tool.

I'm gonna PM him to double check, but i had these leaks that you all are listening to right now on April 3rd... and I'm pretty sure that was the Miocene thread date.

Metalhos
04-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Non fa *giggles* a me! Pezzo di merde, non posso parlare tedesca. Questo forum è inglese. Parla inglese!

no pre-listening parties in u.s.? shame on you, mr. bush.

orange.juice
04-09-2006, 12:15 PM
i really hope that stuff is not real, and i don't believe it is. But it's the first fake leak which has no proof yet, or has it? Where does it come from? People say it's not Myocene, some say it's from a drum expo or whatnot, others claim it could be some sound engineer thingie...

Metalhos
04-09-2006, 12:16 PM
You can find a thread that DirtyBanana made about April 2nd or so... claiming to have the new single. he had these exact clips we have here. everyone was like "OMG" and downloaded them, only to find that it was his april fools joke/way of advertising one of his favorite bands "miocene"

you can check out there myspace i think for the song you keep listening to thinking its tool.

I'm gonna PM him to double check, but i had these leaks that you all are listening to right now on April 3rd... and I'm pretty sure that was the Miocene thread date.

this must be a different clip than the 1:37 track. because this one is definitly not miocene (and not doom3 as well...).

Rav
04-09-2006, 12:17 PM

If you go back to that thread, you'll see I was the first person to recognise the mp3 as Miocene, given that they are also one of my favourite bands. The mp3s I am referring to are NOT miocene ones. I have the link and I just sent you a pm with it in.

jAkUp
04-09-2006, 12:29 PM
These are not miocene. These are new, and in the vocal track, you actually hear the word Vicarious.

orange.juice
04-09-2006, 12:38 PM
in the vocal track, you actually hear the word Vicarious.
yeah, totally forgot about that...

JuhaDeWolf
04-09-2006, 12:49 PM
...in the vocal track, you actually hear the word Vicarious.

Uh, yeah... the word 'vicarious' is also in this vocal track... http://www.bartleby.com/61/wavs/56/V0085600.wav

orange.juice
04-09-2006, 12:54 PM
see page 7 or so. ^

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-09-2006, 01:10 PM
anyone who sat down with a guitar and listened to "the patient" could have come up with that riff

the effects scream "NOT ADAM JONES" to me...the delay is too sloppy

as a standalone, this track has potential for sure...but it doesnt hold a candle to what i expect from Tool

I disagree - it's pretty fluid. There are alot of people who can come up with "riffs" based on any style. Whatever. But that is very fluid and very dynamic and goes together nicely with the ambient background noises, and it's very nicely textured and layered sustain and feedback. It sounds like some things off Lateralus to me. The guitars are gonna be different this time - go read the guitar world article closely and every word of it. Baresi had a ton of gear he let Adam mess around with and even turned him on to a different style of amp he likes better than his Mesa Boogies. It's gonna be different. And if that is him, it's definitely him just working something out. But it is certainly plausible to me. ANYONE can come up with a riff that "sounds like something else". However it takes a very different and talented kind of person to put together, even a minute and a half multilayered and haunting exceptionally dynamic and beautiful piece of music.

The whole thing is off time in spots. It does not seem like, and I repeat I am not saying it's a finished song or something. It sounds like something's that being worked out. By everyone. The bass is very simple, but it's the same scales and patterns Justin uses alot. I know when I play with people, it usually starts really simple and evolves into something more complex over time. I mean anything great is gonna start simple.

I have said it like 500 times in this post, so I know I don't really need to say it again. I just think this little diddy has alot of potential, and it may be an insight into their "new dynamic" as Andy King put it.

And the fact that everybody who is so sure of themselves and so closed minded and opinionated that it IS NOT Tool - just keep contradicting themselves over and over, stumbling and trying to explain who this is, and they just can't find a way to, is only making my mind more open to it being them. I am still open to seeing if someone who can figure out who this though, because they're talented I think, imho...

praefector
04-09-2006, 01:15 PM
"even a minute and a half multilayered and haunting exceptionally dynamic and beautiful piece of music. "

dude, its freaking distortion + delay and a sequencer until the PM parts come in

like i said, ANYONE who heard "the patient" and knew how to do alternating pickstrokes could CONCEIVABLY have made this with studio magix

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-09-2006, 01:21 PM
well we'll see... I'm not an easily fooled dumbass though (not that that means much really), but I know good shit when I hear it. I am not a sucker. Every other clip up until this, I did not have a second thought about it being Tool. And this is the closest I have ever heard to Tool, personally. So we'll see. I dunno. I'd like an explanation of who this is, though.

praefector
04-09-2006, 01:23 PM
the most difficult part is recreating those swells

unless you have a volume pedal

ProdigyDub
04-09-2006, 01:23 PM
AK's description of Vicarious:

"Mesmeric start. Hypnotic beat. Jagged, angular off beats.
Familiar trancey passages punctuated by a guitar part reminiscent of an older
Tool track. Tribal drum beats f@!# with a lovely melody and climax with
Maynard’s vocals. I am going to cry.
"

....I'm pretty sure that's not it.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-09-2006, 01:25 PM
the most difficult part is recreating those swells

unless you have a volume pedal

hee hee - I almost put that in my post a couple above. Well you read Adam talking about the volume pedal yeah?? Well it sounds to me though it's on the bass too. What do you think?

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-09-2006, 01:28 PM

"

"Mesmeric start".................. Vicarious is how long 7 minutes? Personally, I'm not really sure how you can be pretty sure of anything right now lol...

ProdigyDub
04-09-2006, 01:30 PM
"Mesmeric start".................. Vicarious is how long 7 minutes? Personally, I'm not really sure how you can be pretty sure of anything right now lol...

Well, given that there's absolutely no evidence that this is actually legitimate...and given that there's a bunch of points to the contrary (AK's description, the fact that this piece is not in the least "radio-friendly").....I'd say "pretty sure it's not real" is a pretty reasonable place to be. Not absolutely sure, not completely sure...but pretty sure.

lachrymoIogy
04-09-2006, 01:31 PM
it's not impossible that this could be tool. it's only a little more than a minutes worth of music. there's no telling where in the song this could be from (if infact it's tool). it does sound like the section of music is still incomplete also. if before lateralus, the 3 minutes of down time from ticks and leeches leaked, im sure everyone would be going through the same arguements right now.i dont know if its tool. and i dont know that it isnt.

amhx147
04-09-2006, 01:32 PM

"

we havent heard where the drums come in, or the climax of maynards voice. we have 30 seconds on what may be the beginning or the end. its still open. those of you arguing that the style doesnt fit.... i dont buy it. its a new album, lateralus stylistically was alot different than aenima... but im not 100% either.. so who knows. we'll see.

dracomordag
04-09-2006, 01:33 PM
I just PMed DB, and he'll get back to me soon. All I know for sure is that this clip leaked April 2nd or 3rd and was quickly disproven, but i forget how. I'm still trying to find the original thread that it was disproven in.

lachrymoIogy
04-09-2006, 01:33 PM
"Mesmeric start".................. Vicarious is how long 7 minutes? Personally, I'm not really sure how you can be pretty sure of anything right now lol... it sounds pretty mesmeric to me. and also, where in the review did he say that the first track was...radio friendly in the least bit? what's in the clip, matches with a part of what he says. why doesnt someone get intouch with him and ask if it is it? wouldn't that be the easiest (possibly only way) to disprove this, other than waiting till the 17th?

ProdigyDub
04-09-2006, 01:35 PM
we havent heard where the drums come in, or the climax of maynards voice. we have 30 seconds on what may be the beginning or the end. its still open. those of you arguing that the style doesnt fit.... i dont buy it. its a new album, lateralus stylistically was alot different than aenima... but im not 100% either.. so who knows. we'll see.

You're not understanding--I'm not claiming that this can't be the single because it's not "like Tool's previous albums". Comparisons to Aenima and Lateralus have NOTHING to do with my point.

My point is that this song is not a single for a hard rock band. It's not marketable nor is it radio-friendly. Period.

lachrymoIogy
04-09-2006, 01:35 PM
I just PMed DB, and he'll get back to me soon. All I know for sure is that this clip leaked April 2nd or 3rd and was quickly disproven, but i forget how. I'm still trying to find the original thread that it was disproven in. you seem to keep talking about that miocene clip. it's already been stated numerous times that this, is not miocene.

lachrymoIogy
04-09-2006, 01:36 PM
You're not understanding--I'm not claiming that this can't be the single because it's not "like Tool's previous albums". Comparisons to Aenima and Lateralus have NOTHING to do with my point.

My point is that this song is not a single for a hard rock band. It's not marketable nor is it radio-friendly. Period. so, AK's description of the song sounds radio friendly? come on.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
Well, given that there's absolutely no evidence that this is actually legitimate...and given that there's a bunch of points to the contrary (AK's description, the fact that this piece is not in the least "radio-friendly").....I'd say "pretty sure it's not real" is a pretty reasonable place to be. Not absolutely sure, not completely sure...but pretty sure.

I'm sure not gonna argue about it, and if you go back and read my posts about this you'll see I've been pretty clear and reasonable about providing my reasons why it is "possibly Tool", and I've stated countless times that I'm not sure. And actually going by AK's description, to me it really sounds like it could be it. But I suppose we all have our interpretations (just mine's better than yours) lol nah jk. We'll see, we'll see. I dunno. At least you admitted you're not "completely sure". I love the people who pretend they absolutely know.

ProdigyDub
it sounds pretty mesmeric to me. and also, where in the review did he say that the first track was...radio friendly in the least bit? what's in the clip, matches with a part of what he says. why doesnt someone get intouch with him and ask if it is it? wouldn't that be the easiest (possibly only way) to disprove this, other than waiting till the 17th?

What do you mean "where does he say it's radio friendly"? That assertion has nothing to do with Andy King.

The fact that it's the first single off an album means that it's radio friendly. The 1st single off an album is typically the 2nd most "radio friendly" song on the album--with the 2nd single being the most radio friendly.

Thus it would make perfect sense that described The Pot as the most radio friendly. It will likely be the 2nd single. But the 1st single still has to be very marketable--which this piece certainly isn't.

dracomordag
04-09-2006, 01:39 PM
i know it's not the miocene clip... but i still remember a thread about these same clips

damnit, so many "leak" threads to sort through...

Metalhos
04-09-2006, 01:40 PM

it's 1:37 and this one makes it much more clearer that it is tool.

praefector
My point is that this song is not a single for a hard rock band. It's not marketable nor is it radio-friendly. Period.

schism wasnt "radio-friendly"

neither was aenema

"radio-friendly" means relatively little when discussing tool

lachrymoIogy
What do you mean "where does he say it's radio friendly"? That assertion has nothing to do with Andy King.

The fact that it's the first single off an album means that it's radio friendly. The 1st single off an album is typically the 2nd most "radio friendly" song on the album--with the 2nd single being the most radio friendly. right, the pot would be the second one (obviously, i know). im trying to imply that his description of the first track he heard (which would be vicarious, assuming the order he heard was the final order on the tracklisting. which it would be, if the pot is in the right place) does not sound radio friendly, in the least bit. and this clip, matches part of the description of that song, and you agree this doesnt sound radio friendly either (which..i agree on also). so i don't know. im not leaning more to one way or the other, im purely 50/50 on this thing.

A Tad Bit Catatonic

The fact that it's the first single off an album means that it's radio friendly. The 1st single off an album is typically the 2nd most "radio friendly" song on the album--with the 2nd single being the most radio friendly.

Not always the case, ESPECIALLY with Tool. Come on man we all know Schism wasn't as radio friendly as Prabola. Tool does things differently, we all know that. At this point, they can do whatever they want. And if that is the first minute of the song - with how progressive Tool songs are, there is absolutely no telling where in the hell it would go from there.

And oh yeah Aenema lol, hell that song (lyrically) is just scary to alot of people. Makes them feel like chicken little or something =P. Tool can and will do whatever they want. No tellin with these guys.

dracomordag
04-09-2006, 01:41 PM
searching PMs now... i know someone asked for it or i asked someone for it

lachrymoIogy
04-09-2006, 01:42 PM
someone email the link to Andy and ask him, if this is part of vicarious. that simple.

ProdigyDub
04-09-2006, 01:42 PM
schism wasnt "radio-friendly"

neither was aenema

"radio-friendly" means relatively little when discussing tool

I have no idea what you're talking about. Schism and Aenema were both radio-friendly. Schism was the 2nd most radio friendly song on Laterlaus, behind Parabola (thus fitting the formula perfectly).

How you can classify either of them as not is mind-boggling.

ProdigyDub
04-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Not always the case, ESPECIALLY with Tool. Come on man we all know Schism wasn't as radio friendly as Prabola. Tool does things differently, we all know that. At this point, they can do whatever they want. And if that is the first minute of the song - with how progressive Tool songs are, there is absolutely no telling where in the hell it would go from there.

And oh yeah Aenima lol, hell that song (lyrically) is just scary to alot of people. Makes them feel like chicken little or something =P. Tool can and will do whatever they want. No tellin with these guys.

Right. Schism isn't as radio friendly as Parabola. That's why Schism was the first single and Parabola was next. That's exactly my point...don't see what argument you think you're making with that.

lachrymoIogy
04-09-2006, 01:44 PM
as far as aenema goes, it's less radio friendly than 46 and 2 that's for sure (based on the rhythem of the song). plus, since when are songs that have the word fuck in it like 15 times radio "friendly"( i know it's ironic, since it does get played on the radio).

Carbonatedgravy
04-09-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm not saying I think this is real, because I don't, but the "radio friendly" argument means nothing considering how short this clip is. 80% of the song could still be quite marketable. If all we'd had from Schism was the 30 seconds right before the "cold silence" line, that would seem even less like a radio song than this.

lachrymoIogy
04-09-2006, 01:45 PM
i haven't heard aenema on the radio here except during the day of the evacuation for katrina. all they played was that, rocking like a hurricane and a few other songs.

praefector
04-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. Schism and Aenema were both radio-friendly. Schism was the 2nd most radio friendly song on Laterlaus, behind Parabola (thus fitting the formula perfectly).

How you can classify either of them as not is mind-boggling.

maybe it has something to do with length

radio-friendly songs usually clock in at around 3.5 to 5.5 minutes in length...schism clocks in at 6:44 with a good minunte of peaceful downtime (usually a big NO-NO in rock radio)

aenema, the chorus is certainly radio friendly but come on...its a very lengthy (im not sure the exact time) song and is heavily edited for length on most radio stations (as "vicarious" could certainly be)

lachrymoIogy
I'm not saying I think this is real, because I don't, but the "radio friendly" argument means nothing considering how short this clip is. 80% of the song could still be quite marketable. If all we'd had from Schism was the 30 seconds right before the "cold silence" line, that would seem even less like a radio song than this. thats all that needs to be said.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
Right. Schism isn't as radio friendly as Parabola. That's why Schism was the first single and Parabola was next. That's exactly my point...don't see what argument you think you're making with that.

It's not really radio friendly at all, actually. It is just "weird" to alot of people. It's very dark compared to so much of what's on the radio. I'm pretty sure most people can see the argument I'm making. ANd yeah of course the length thing is such a major component. The fact that they picked a 7 minute song for the first single off this one, is almost just vindictive to the radio industry lol.

ProdigyDub
04-09-2006, 01:47 PM
as far as aenema goes, it's less radio friendly than 46 and 2 that's for sure (based on the rhythem of the song). plus, since when are songs that have the word fuck in it like 15 times radio "friendly"( i know it's ironic, since it does get played on the radio).

Don't really agree with your second argument there. Tons of songs on the radio, especially rap, have just as much if not more cussing. Doesn't really mean anything.

Radio-friendly refers to the structure of the song and the general digestibility that comes with it in 1 listen. Of course with Tool, the latter is always low (especially considering the length of the songs)...but they have to pick the songs that are the MOST digestible (Schism, Parabola, Aenema, etc.)

None of their songs are PARTICULARLY "radio-friendly". But they have to decide which ones do fit the mold best.

dracomordag
04-09-2006, 01:48 PM
fuck, man... i can't find any PMs or threads about this.

all i know is that I had the leak april 3rd (according to my computer), and i remember it being all the buzz for a while. it obviously died down for a reason, but i forget why.

whatever... all i gotta say is that, although this sounds a lot like tool, i'm 99% sure it's not.

ProdigyDub
04-09-2006, 01:50 PM
It's not really radio friendly at all, actually. It is just "weird" to alot of people. It's very dark compared to so much of what's on the radio. I'm pretty sure most people can see the argument I'm making. ANd yeah of course the length thing is such a major component. The fact that they picked a 7 minute song for the first single off this one, is almost just vindictive to the radio industry lol.

Not really. The majority of my friends don't like Tool and prefer hip-hop, rap, more mainstream rock....and all of them thought Schism was bad ass back when it was on the radio when we were in high school. I can think of a couple guys I know in particular that can't stand to listen to songs like Lateralus and love Schism and Aenema.

So, again, I don't really agree with you there.

praefector
04-09-2006, 01:50 PM
None of their songs are PARTICULARLY "radio-friendly". But they have to decide which ones do fit the mold best.

agreed here.

this is what you should have said as it would have avoided the confusion

Metalhos
04-09-2006, 01:51 PM
someone email the link to Andy and ask him, if this is part of vicarious. that simple.

done.

lachrymoIogy
04-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Don't really agree with your second argument there. Tons of songs on the radio, especially rap, have just as much if not more cussing. Doesn't really mean anything.

Radio-friendly refers to the structure of the song and the general digestibility that comes with it in 1 listen. Of coures with Tool, the latter is always low...but they have to pick the songs that are the MOST digestible (Schism, Parabola). i was just basing that on the fact i havent heard aenema on the radio here ever. they play prison sex more. and as far as rap goes, you're right, but they dont string the word fuck into the begning of every line for a large part of the song (most of the time). that's why i always assumed they didn't play it on the radio.

ProdigyDub
04-09-2006, 01:52 PM
agreed here.

this is what you should have said as it would have avoided the confusion

I figured it should be implicit. All of us know Tool's music is darker and more complex than anything else you hear on the radio. But the fact is they still have certain songs which are more digestible to the average listener than others (though not necessarily very "digestible" when compared to something like RHCP or Blink 182), and those are the songs they have always picked--period.

praefector
04-09-2006, 01:55 PM
I figured it should be implicit. All of us know Tool's music is darker and more complex than anything else you hear on the radio. But the fact is they still have certain songs which are more digestible to the average listener than others (though not necessarily very "digestible" when compared to something like RHCP or Blink 182), and those are the songs they have always picked--period.

choosing the "most radio-friendly" song from a bunch of lengthy complex tracks and callign a song "radio-friendly" from the get are two completely different things. "radio-friendly" implies a song is very digestable and simple with a catchy chorus, a simple bridge/solo, and repeating-meter verses.

a 7 minute-plus brooding "vicarious" could conceivably have a radio draw that even "parabola" or "H" lacked.

lachrymoIogy
04-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Everyone here knows that the majority on this board is going to deny anything to be real that isn't UNMISTAKABLY the new single. and without the entire track, we can not make that judgement. the most important thing is to find out if this is real. that's it. it's possible, whether people like it or not. Why? 1.) no one has any idea what the fuck it is. 2.) radio friendly or not, it sounds like tool. Until someone confirms what this is, or the single comes out. The possibility still exists, and we should spend more energy into identifying, whether this is tool or not.

lachrymoIogy
04-09-2006, 01:58 PM
choosing the "most radio-friendly" song from a bunch of lengthy complex tracks and callign a song "radio-friendly" from the get are two completely different things. "radio-friendly" implies a song is very digestable and simple with a catchy chorus, a simple bridge/solo, and repeating-meter verses.

a 7 minute-plus brooding "vicarious" could conceivably have a radio draw that even "parabola" or "H" lacked. ::applauds::

orange.juice
04-09-2006, 01:59 PM
fuck, man... i can't find any PMs or threads about this.

all i know is that I had the leak april 3rd (according to my computer), and i remember it being all the buzz for a while. it obviously died down for a reason, but i forget why.

whatever... all i gotta say is that, although this sounds a lot like tool, i'm 99% sure it's not.
yeah i remember that. it was the part without vocals then. it died within a day or so.

dracomordag
04-09-2006, 02:05 PM
do you remember why it died? or where the thread is/was?

orange.juice
04-09-2006, 02:10 PM
no... damn i shouldn't hang around here so much

can't find it either... guess it's been deleted.

MOON
04-09-2006, 02:50 PM
ANYONE CAN SEND ME THE LINK BY PM ?? PLEASE !!!!!! :)

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Not really. The majority of my friends don't like Tool and prefer hip-hop, rap, more mainstream rock....and all of them thought Schism was bad ass back when it was on the radio when we were in high school. I can think of a couple guys I know in particular that can't stand to listen to songs like Lateralus and love Schism and Aenema.

So, again, I don't really agree with you there.

Well I know a whole lot of people who do not like it very much, and I know a whole lot of people who do like it. We are having a pretty dumb argument here. I suppose I have just always been under the impression that true "radio friendliness" meant that a song was confined to syrupy sweet symple melodies, cliche lyrics and stuck to the 3-4 minute format. Maybe I am just misinterpreting, and we are talking rock radio, of course. Maybe we don't agree, but I still believe they could release a very "unradiofriendly" song in Vicarious. I mean the distinct possibility DOES exist, and I'm sure you won't deny that. In regards to the clip, we are just chasing our tails, until, at least, someone confirms this is indeed, not Tool. Or of course, in the longshot that does exist, that someone confirms it really IS them. I'm waiting with baited breath. =P

Lipan Conjured
04-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I would like this 'leak' sent to me as well please.

Anti-Xian
04-09-2006, 03:47 PM
my vote is that this is part of a tool song. everyone that keeps saying it's miocene needs to listen to the damn tracks in question. it most certainly is not.

i'm 100% sure this is none other than TOOL. the "radio-friendly" argument on this thread is a moot point. with a 34 sec vocal track and a 1:04 instrumental how can anyone tell what is and isn't radio-friendly...it's just retarded to even make a stance on the topic.

regardless, like i've stated before, if this isn't tool, it's the closest anyone (any band) has EVER come to sounding anything like Tool, period! I mean the atmosphere, the guitar sounds, bends, sustains, riffs, style, tone, composition, sequence may seem easy for some to mimic, but i've heard all this other crap people think is tool and i can easily say i've NEVER heard anyone come close to their sound.

maybe someone that hasn't been listening to tool for too long, someone that is somewhat familiar with them but doesn't listen to them as closely, or a radio tool listener, would disagree. i can knowingly say this and can make a logical assumption based on my own history of listening to everything this band has ever recorded and released for consumption.

jAkUp
04-09-2006, 03:50 PM
I zipped up both the files in question and they are here, nobody knows what these are really, but here it is:

Nevermind, if you want them send me a PM

Like I said before, most people think its a fake.

absolutezero
04-09-2006, 03:51 PM
How about a full song? And how the hell would anyone get a hold of an instrumental and lyrical version?

jAkUp
04-09-2006, 03:52 PM
WTF?

Dude its both the files zipped

toolesque
04-09-2006, 03:54 PM
jAkUp you know that the post has 13 pages and no one has put the link up is because the post will get deleted duh

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-09-2006, 03:55 PM
my vote is that this is part of a tool song. everyone that keeps saying it's miocene needs to listen to the damn tracks in question. it most certainly is not.

i'm 100% sure this is none other than TOOL. the "radio-friendly" argument on this thread is a moot point. with a 34 sec vocal track and a 1:04 instrumental how can anyone tell what is and isn't radio-friendly...it's just retarded to even make a stance on the topic.

regardless, like i've stated before, if this isn't tool, it's the closest anyone (any band) has EVER come to sounding anything like Tool, period! I mean the atmosphere, the guitar sounds, bends, sustains, riffs, style, tone, composition, sequence may seem easy for some to mimic, but i've heard all this other crap people think is tool and i can easily say i've NEVER heard anyone come close to their sound.

maybe someone that hasn't been listening to tool for too long, someone that is somewhat familiar with them but doesn't listen to them as closely, or a radio tool listener, would disagree. i can knowingly say this and can make a logical assumption based on my own history of listening to everything this band has ever recorded and released for consumption.

Agree 100%, well I suppose everyone already knows this. Every time I listen to it, it seems more and more, and it's been stuck in my head for quite a while now. Not many things do that to me. I'd just like to hear what the finished product sounds like. Well I guess, if this is them, we'll get to hear it right quick here. It seems so dumb and obsessive.compulsive to be this into a 30 second clip, but the wait has been long. And we are just so close now.

Anti-Xian
04-09-2006, 03:59 PM
think how obsessive/compulsive people are over this little clip....multiply that by infinity when the album comes out. that's how tools music makes me feel. i truly appreciate their musical endeavors.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-09-2006, 04:19 PM
think how obsessive/compulsive people are over this little clip....multiply that by infinity when the album comes out. that's how tools music makes me feel. i truly appreciate their musical endeavors.

ah me too man, me too =)