PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious Video

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DaMa
04-07-2006, 04:48 AM
When and where do you think the video will be displayed first?
I think this is the next thing that we should be able to find out.

The single is out on April 17th, so the vid could be shown exclusively somewhere arround april 10th-April 13th. Of course there's no guarantee for that, but i am sure the TV programs are battling for it as we post.

I dont know how Tool usually handles it, since i am just a fan sine Fall 2001, but usually you see the video before the single is in stores. Please feel free to correct me if Tool handles this differently.

And appologies in advance if this has been discussed elsewhere already.

bass_dude
04-07-2006, 04:52 AM
It'll be on youtube first. (well, after the VERY FIRST showing on tv).

Alex

ARMZ
04-07-2006, 04:52 AM
Next week on Rage.

Foamy
04-07-2006, 05:01 AM
Next week on Rage.
Youre gonna be very disappointed.

ARMZ
04-07-2006, 05:05 AM
Nar.

lmerr
04-07-2006, 05:41 AM
I don't know if I'd want to see it on the net, theres just something exciting about it being on TV. Maybe its because I'm on the net all the time, and I rarely watch TV, so it'd just be a different media and I'd be seeing a much bigger picture...it'd just sink in better that the tool album is just around the corner.

millermt
04-07-2006, 05:48 AM
The world premiere of the "Schism" video was in Atlanta at the first show of the 2001 Lateralus tour on the day the album was released.

mattw
04-07-2006, 05:55 AM
The world premiere of the "Schism" video was in Atlanta at the first show of the 2001 Lateralus tour on the day the album was released.

Hmmm...

Coachella anyone?

I don't think the band are too concerned with when the video comes out. Tool have never seemed, at least to me, to be all into publicity and stuff. I can see them going "The new video will be out when it's ready" etc. It's not like MTV have treated them nicely previously (remember 'Track 1'?) so I can't see them as a band rushing something etc. It'll come out whenever - don't be too concerned. It should be another good clip...

Mr C
04-07-2006, 05:59 AM
Hmmm...

Coachella anyone?

I don't think the band are too concerned with when the video comes out. Tool have never seemed, at least to me, to be all into publicity and stuff. I can see them going "The new video will be out when it's ready" etc. It's not like MTV have treated them nicely previously (remember 'Track 1'?) so I can't see them as a band rushing something etc. It'll come out whenever - don't be too concerned. It should be another good clip...

It WILL be another brilliant clip matty. Have some faith brother.

mattw
04-07-2006, 06:05 AM
It WILL be another brilliant clip matty. Have some faith brother.

I never lost faith.

I just can't see the band adhering to any strict schedule set by anyone to have a video out by a certain time etc.

I think it would be cool if they premiered it at Coachella as a nice little 'Welcome Back' type of present for their fans after 3.5 years absence from touring...

So far, my favourite Tool clips are Stinkfist and Schism so if it's up there with those two in terms of quality, I'll be more than happy...

Mr C
04-07-2006, 06:12 AM
Prison sex blew me away when it first came out, but schism is the shit.

khemystri
04-07-2006, 07:02 AM
When Schism video first came out...

MTV2 played it every hour on the hour... didnt they????

Bleakest Harvest
04-07-2006, 07:39 AM
All night long if I remember correctly.

SoulEdge
04-07-2006, 07:42 AM
The single is out on April 17th, so the vid could be shown exclusively somewhere arround april 10th-April 13th.

Why would the music video be released before the single?

Foamy
04-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Why would the music video be released before the single?
For promotion. Thats the way it's done. The biggest question is - has the video even been finished yet? My guess is it has, I remember Adam talking about how he hates making videos but as soon as theyre done he wants to make another one. It just sounded like he had recently finished making a video.

embracingyou
04-07-2006, 08:00 AM
120 Metal Minutes on MTV2... probably. Or if Tool are gonna be bigger than ever, an exclusive on MTV2. Well for UK fans anyways.

Comebackrunning
04-07-2006, 08:14 AM
120 Metal Minutes on MTV2... probably. Or if Tool are gonna be bigger than ever, an exclusive on MTV2. Well for UK fans anyways.

They played Parabola non stop for an hour on MTV2 when it came out.

RED_THE_HAT
04-12-2006, 03:28 AM
They will make us wait. The single wont be out in 5 days. The album doesnt exist.

Metalgod666
04-12-2006, 04:23 PM
now all MTV2 plays is shitty ass rap. I'll probably have to wait for it to be shown a whole 3 times on Headbanger's Ball

Naga Royal Guard
04-14-2006, 04:23 AM
god i hope vicarus does not end up on mtv

toocooltool
04-14-2006, 11:31 AM
as in for vicarious?

Bloody
04-14-2006, 11:33 AM
my crystal ball wont reveal anything :P

Scrunzset
04-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Probably not.... aren't they still shooting it? Anyone know how long it was for Stinkfist, Schism, etc?

dracomordag
04-14-2006, 11:37 AM
mine will

and it says no

blair's man sausage
04-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Probably not.... aren't they still shooting it? Anyone know how long it was for Stinkfist, Schism, etc?

i thought schism came out relatively quick...but i could be mistaken i was really fucked up that year

bozziodrummer000
04-14-2006, 12:40 PM
eh i doubt itll come out THE DAY OF the release ..but probably soon after

Agenda
04-14-2006, 12:56 PM
The video for schism came out the day the album did. It was first played at the NY concert the first show on the Lateralus tour

Teratoma
04-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Although it's tradition to not have the band in the video, save one, I think it'd be great if they were in it to shock the hell out of everyone.

iamisandisnt
04-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Agenda- I was at that hammerstein show and I remember being very bored when the music video came on. I think I had already seen it on the net at least a day before. Actually, if I recall correctly, the CD came out a day or two before that show. So maybe the video WILL come out the day the CD is released. That'd be snazzy.

eulogys
04-14-2006, 01:50 PM
iamisandisnt is right. Tool played in Atlanta the night lateralus came out.

Agenda
04-14-2006, 01:57 PM
iamisandisnt is right. Tool played in Atlanta the night lateralus came out.

Your right it was atlanta. My bad. I have the tape from the NY show and thats I got confused.

dragonlink2
04-14-2006, 06:03 PM
OK, with all the talk about the single being out, and many of us have listened to it (once, twice, on repeat forever..), any ideas on what the video will portray?

Personally I think the video will (should) be live action. To me, this seems like a whole new direction for tool, and, although I love the stop-motion videos, I just can't see this one being like that.

But that's just me. What are your ideas on the video?

kyyuulle
04-14-2006, 06:04 PM
adam has been working hard on the video

i can guarantee it won't be live video haha

Tw1ster
04-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Itll be the claymation, i wouldnt want it any other way

dragonlink2
04-14-2006, 06:08 PM
I know it most probably is claymation, just saying what I personally "want" it to be. But I'm sure it will be great no matter what medium they choose to show it in.

RED_THE_HAT
04-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Personally I think the video will (should) be live action. To me, this seems like a whole new direction for tool, and, although I love the stop-motion videos, I just can't see this one being like that.

I dont think that they will do a live action video, it is not in their nature to do such a thing, and if they didnt do it, how much of an anti climax would that be? Would kind of be like watching an APC clip, then realising half way through that it is actually Tool....

Citizen Erased
04-14-2006, 06:19 PM
I've tried thinking of something, but I really just can't. My mind isn't powerful enough.

svet-am
04-14-2006, 06:24 PM
I dont think that they will do a live action video, it is not in their nature to do such a thing, and if they didnt do it, how much of an anti climax would that be? Would kind of be like watching an APC clip, then realising half way through that it is actually Tool....

dont forget that roughly half of the Schism video was live action, just in Adam's trademark style.

Happyfunball
04-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Indeed. The claymation was very much a style adopted from another artist (happy hunting there) but it would feel like retreading old ground at this point. If the goal is to truly evolve artistically there needs to be something more. Not that there should be no claymation elements at all or that something purely claymation couldn't still work, but I think the days of relying upon it so heavily are long gone. Each pair of videos has slowly trended more and more away from that style. I see no reason why Adam would suddenly reverse himself.

I'm not sure though, how or if anything from Alex Gray could be incorporated into the new video as he was in Parabola.

Light Reflections
04-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Indeed. The claymation was very much a style adopted from another artist (happy hunting there) but it would feel like retreading old ground at this point. If the goal is to truly evolve artistically there needs to be something more. Not that there should be no claymation elements at all or that something purely claymation couldn't still work, but I think the days of relying upon it so heavily are long gone. Each pair of videos has slowly trended more and more away from that style. I see no reason why Adam would suddenly reverse himself.

I'm not sure though, how or if anything from Alex Gray could be incorporated into the new video as he was in Parabola.
Great post, couldn't agree more.

jesse.O_o
04-14-2006, 07:09 PM
the pic of maynard sitting at the desk could be a still from the video? the band have done stills before and it seems a nice symbolic set for part of a video?
also fits with the song

dragonlink2
04-14-2006, 07:12 PM
the pic of maynard sitting at the desk could be a still from the video? the band have done stills before and it seems a nice symbolic set for part of a video?
also fits with the song
good observation, could be likely

Semp
04-14-2006, 07:39 PM
The song will play over a collection of archive footage of war and destruction, contrasting with images of decandence and plenty, while at the bottom of the screen a fake ticker gives the impression of a news broadcast.

Oh wait...

Tyson
04-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Indeed. The claymation was very much a style adopted from another artist (happy hunting there)

Artists, The Brothers Quay.

praefector
04-14-2006, 08:40 PM
tool havent appeared in a video since the blurry images in sober

i doubt this one will break the trend

probably all kinds of trainwreck imagery

does anyone know the actors adam worked with (if any) ?

Jesus Knievel
04-14-2006, 08:40 PM
They're gunna take the footage from the 'Imagine' and just use that.

theremin_scape
04-14-2006, 09:01 PM
to me, videos from each particular album have resembled each other (hush is the easiest to tell apart, undertow has heavy stop motion, aenima was all blue-ish and a lot of non-stop motion, lateralus's videos had a very different feel as well) - so i think the new video will carry on change (like the song itself has from previous material) and it'll stand on its own.

toology514
04-14-2006, 09:55 PM
i hope the video features ashley simpson. i'm keepin my fingers crossed!

Psilo
04-14-2006, 10:07 PM
i wish

F!end
04-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Does anyone know when is it gonna be released?

teleincision
04-16-2006, 09:51 PM
ummm... no

a big stupid dumbass
04-16-2006, 09:57 PM
No, but if you look at adam's myspace icon it depicts him sculpting a work that I think will probably be in the video. It resembles a sea of wrinkles with a face coming out of the middle . Any thoughts about what the video might contain, or what the format of the video will be. Personally, I hope that it is all animation/claymation with no real people or objects in it. Please Discuss...

teleincision
04-16-2006, 09:59 PM
i hope it is the band playing on a stage..... at coachella....

F!end
04-16-2006, 10:05 PM
No, but if you look at adam's myspace icon it depicts him sculpting a work that I think will probably be in the video. It resembles a sea of wrinkles with a face coming out of the middle . Any thoughts about what the video might contain, or what the format of the video will be. Personally, I hope that it is all animation/claymation with no real people or objects in it. Please Discuss...

so, you don't like either Schism nor Parabola videos?

Edit: nor Stinkfist?

Clutch it like an AEnima
04-16-2006, 10:07 PM

wrong......that face is freddy kruger.....read the title below the picture

psims23
04-16-2006, 10:08 PM

beat me to it

Montague
04-16-2006, 10:08 PM
No, but if you look at adam's myspace icon it depicts him sculpting a work that I think will probably be in the video. It resembles a sea of wrinkles with a face coming out of the middle .

would you be referring to freddy krueger by any chance?

F!end
04-16-2006, 10:32 PM
i think it's going to be a sci fi thriller with fucking amazing costumed vampires/demons and zombies
they are going to infest some area and people are going to be running for their lives..
we of course will love to watch it because of the meaning of the song

you mean the meaning that YOU gave to it

martyr_02
04-16-2006, 10:38 PM
so, you don't like either Schism nor Parabola videos?

Edit: nor Stinkfist?

to be honest I like the claymations way more than the live actors. Schism, Stinkfist, Aenema all seemed to be made by college film students. I'm not saying they aren't good in their own respect, I like Parabola for my own reasons, I just think the claymation fits tools music better. It's a little ruff, definately not what you would expect in a music video, and it gives the videos a very dark feel to them.

Clutch it like an AEnima
04-16-2006, 10:52 PM
i think the stinkfist video set to vicarious mite be cool

HalfASandwidch
04-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Since the song's lyrics are more outright and less metaphorical I'm really interested in seeing if tool is going to take the same approach as they do with their other videos of if it's going to be something new. (I hope to god its not them rocking out)

auralassassin
04-17-2006, 12:08 AM
what is Adam's myspace addy?

Kaoticz
04-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Since the song's lyrics are more outright and less metaphorical I'm really interested in seeing if tool is going to take the same approach as they do with their other videos of if it's going to be something new. (I hope to god its not them rocking out)
Considering Adam wasn't on the Promo tour with the rest of the band and solely working on the video, I'm pretty sure it wont feature a performance by the band.

Lagomorph
04-17-2006, 12:30 AM
i have no idea what adam will do for the music video to Vicarious.

to me the song has energy and catchy cool riffs, but it doesn't have the same toolish slow emotion and energy in the music. Also, the lyrics are more direct and less subtle.

i feel Vicarious could be a hard song to make a typical tool music video for. the song is a strong rock song, but not so strong in the artsy properties, which means it might be hard to make a artsy, cool, wierd music video for the song.

this is obviously my opinion guys. just see this song as possibly similar to a system of a down style music video, obvious political metaphors etc.

who agrees/disagrees?

Chuck_Of_Wah
04-17-2006, 12:40 AM
I read somewhere it's due to air sometime mid May, which seems rather odd, considering the video is of "Vicarious" which is a single promoting the album, so it should be released BEFORE the album itself. Meh, probably gonna release a DVD with the video in a few months/years (Parabola & Schism tool long enough).
And NO, I doubt there'll be a video of the band performing, they said it themselves, there's nothing there to see. They just come out and play. Hence all the backdrops and projected visuals at shows.

Carbonatedgravy
04-17-2006, 01:09 AM
i have no idea what adam will do for the music video to Vicarious.

to me the song has energy and catchy cool riffs, but it doesn't have the same toolish slow emotion and energy in the music. Also, the lyrics are more direct and less subtle.

i feel Vicarious could be a hard song to make a typical tool music video for. the song is a strong rock song, but not so strong in the artsy properties, which means it might be hard to make a artsy, cool, wierd music video for the song.

this is obviously my opinion guys. just see this song as possibly similar to a system of a down style music video, obvious political metaphors etc.

who agrees/disagrees?

Obviously, I have no idea what they actually WILL do, but I certainly don't see this being any more difficult than previous songs. Besides that, you could make it artsy and vague and still project the meaning of the song.

Here's one way it could work. This is lame and cheesy to the point of almost being self-satire, but just think of it as a dummy version of what may actually happen:

Okay, so you have this weird-ass looking bastard who resembles a human except that he's ugly and green and he has a very bizarre and distinct set of eyes. In the corner of his creepy-ass house sits a small dusty table with a complex looking machine covered with tubes and wires and shit. He hooks the machine up to his eyes.

Scene transition to two clay figures that don't really look like the first guy. One of the clay figures has their eyes bulge and eventually fall out, landing below him and slowly liquifying. These eyes are replaced by those of the critter from the opening scene. I really don't feel like coming up with something clever at this point, so just imagine that in one way or another, this character with the new set of eyes is killed.

Sudden flashback to the original character who rips the machine out of his eyes, tilts his head back and starts spewing white goo into the air through his mouth. (The death vid gave him an orgasm, but they can't show it literally, so they come up with a more disgusting way to project it.)

Rinse and repeat until the song ends.

Lagomorph
04-17-2006, 01:50 AM
Obviously, I have no idea what they actually WILL do, but I certainly don't see this being any more difficult than previous songs. Besides that, you could make it artsy and vague and still project the meaning of the song.

Here's one way it could work. This is lame and cheesy to the point of almost being self-satire, but just think of it as a dummy version of what may actually happen:

Okay, so you have this weird-ass looking bastard who resembles a human except that he's ugly and green and he has a very bizarre and distinct set of eyes. In the corner of his creepy-ass house sits a small dusty table with a complex looking machine covered with tubes and wires and shit. He hooks the machine up to his eyes.

Scene transition to two clay figures that don't really look like the first guy. One of the clay figures has their eyes bulge and eventually fall out, landing below him and slowly liquifying. These eyes are replaced by those of the critter from the opening scene. I really don't feel like coming up with something clever at this point, so just imagine that in one way or another, this character with the new set of eyes is killed.

Sudden flashback to the original character who rips the machine out of his eyes, tilts his head back and starts spewing white goo into the air through his mouth. (The death vid gave him an orgasm, but they can't show it literally, so they come up with a more disgusting way to project it.)

Rinse and repeat until the song ends.

yeah but for me, the previous music videos are awesome because it isn't obvious (to me) what they are about. adam even says that the music videos are based on what he feels in the music, in the sound, rather than in the lyrical meaning directly. sure there are correlations between these and they aren't entirely seperate.

with a fairly obvious lyrical meaning to vicarious, the music video could then too be obvious, like the one you described. this would be unlike the older ones which just had wierd shit going on that i didn't understand really. just cool things to watch.

see what i mean?

Carbonatedgravy
04-17-2006, 01:52 AM
I suppose, except that Prison Sex in particular was pretty obvious. Same with Schism for that matter.

a big stupid dumbass
04-17-2006, 04:17 PM

my mistake...

The Scottish Tool
04-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Personally, I think this will be mega with an accopanying video. I'm thinking a deep blue-ish look (sorta like Stinkfist)...can't really think what it will be like apart from that.
Any thoughts?

phreak03
04-18-2006, 07:34 AM
for some reason, i picture the band jamming but it's very blurry and distorted and everything moving fast, so you can't really see the band properly...i don't think that'll happen but i wouldn't call them sell outs o if they were in the video

mike09
04-18-2006, 07:37 AM
for some reason, i picture the band jamming but it's very blurry and distorted and everything moving fast, so you can't really see the band properly...i don't think that'll happen but i wouldn't call them sell outs o if they were in the video

I definitely agree with you to an extent. When I hear the song, I don't picture a claymation type video like Prison Sex, but I don't picture anything like Parabola either. I can actually see the band in this video. I'm not really sure how, though.

geoman2k
04-18-2006, 07:43 AM
i really doubt they would do a "jam" video a la "judith" (allthough that is about the coolest jam video ever). for vicarious i see a video like the video done for "megalomaniac" by incubus... things like war planes flying overhead, armies marching to the kill, and zombified people looking on like junkies looking for a fix.
i think the song has the potential to have thier best video yet.

dancingflame
04-18-2006, 07:45 AM
probavly just a zombie that adam made sitting in front of the tv...in the tv the "imagine"-video by apc...stinkfist II

phreak03
04-18-2006, 07:47 AM
now that i think about it, the war thingy might work better, since the song is about tragedy

xmorteferoz
04-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Wouldn't it be kind of counter-productive to the point of the song to put out a video for television? ..

Cid
04-18-2006, 07:52 AM
3d computer animation, definitely.

e. blue cum
04-18-2006, 08:04 AM
probably a bunch of people.. painted purple and made up to look faceless or blind or something.. crawling up and down the walls of a [living] room that looks a lot like that smokebox-ish thing from the new artwork.. watching each other get sucked into the walls..

Mortal Moxie
04-18-2006, 08:35 AM
probably a bunch of people.. painted purple and made up to look faceless or blind or something.. crawling up and down the walls of a [living] room that looks a lot like that smokebox-ish thing from the new artwork.. watching each other get sucked into the walls..

I'm 101% positive it will be nothing like any of us expect it to be.

Cucumber_11
04-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Wouldn't it be kind of counter-productive to the point of the song to put out a video for television? ..

Ha!

Irony.

stardown
04-18-2006, 09:43 AM

I think that would be very very awesome.

vicariouslyeye
04-19-2006, 05:21 AM
Sorry if I missed something, but wasn't Adam making a video to Vicarious?
I have been searching the I-net for release dates but i can only find: meanwhile adam is in la, working on the new video...bla bla
Does anybody knows something about it?

RED_THE_HAT
04-19-2006, 05:24 AM
No doubt the video will be a way off.... This is what happens when bands do things themselves

vicariouslyeye
04-19-2006, 05:30 AM
Yeah no doubt! but when!? :D

Wings
04-19-2006, 05:41 AM
I don't think anyone on this forum has the information you want. I suggest keeping an eye on Toolband or MTV and the like or something.

phreak03
04-19-2006, 05:48 AM
well..theres only 2weeks before the album's released, so expect it either end of this week or next week

seemyshadowchanging
04-19-2006, 06:14 AM
well..theres only 2weeks before the album's released, so expect it either end of this week or next week
you really think it will be that soon?we can only hope.

Chris_Brightwell
04-19-2006, 07:19 AM
I suspect the world premiere will be during the first show of the mini tour. Possibly at Coachella.

Tool is supposed to host a Rage segment in Australia sometime (I'll have to look up the date). They may debut it there, as well.

RED_THE_HAT
04-19-2006, 07:30 AM
I suspect the world premiere will be during the first show of the mini tour. Possibly at Coachella.

Tool is supposed to host a Rage segment in Australia sometime (I'll have to look up the date). They may debut it there, as well.

They have been saying on the RAGE web site for a while that Tool are coming soon, so I can only hope that if i check the RAGE siteon Thursday or Friday, we may have an answer.

Tool are known for premiering their video's while on tour. I was lucky and got to see the world premiere of the Parabola clip... an intense thing really... I'd expect it at their first show....

Colonel Pants
04-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Wasn't it confirmed that they will be on rage on May 6th?

CallofCthulhu
04-19-2006, 03:36 PM
I haven't been following that information, dont know if its been discussed yet. Has it aired? Anyone here seen it?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
04-19-2006, 06:43 PM
no.

LabRat404
04-20-2006, 08:21 AM
What do yall (yes, I jsut said YALL) think the video will be like?

raining blood...
lots of TVs.
lots of death, disturbing images, etc
real news clips?
hah

quite literal, just like the song.

edit:

OH! and a slowly pinning triniyt head-- that'd be sweet.

edit: I see my thread was already posted in another area (the correct area). I'm just a nuisance lately, aint I?

Rotating_Energy_Field
04-20-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm expecting something dark, probably similar to "Stinkfist" or "Schism".

I don't think that they will use any of the stuff you listed above just because it's not Adam's style, he's much more into making the animation-type videos.

Sagacious Foetu
04-20-2006, 08:35 AM
i'm pretty certain any idea or theory that anyone will come up with, will be wrong. haha. just sayin'.

Kurt Russell
04-20-2006, 08:42 AM
It'd be nice if they took a new direction with this one. I'm a huge fan of the claymation and the elaborate full-body prosthetics that they often use. But it would just be nice to see a new direction, much like the one the album itself has taken.

LabRat404
04-20-2006, 08:42 AM
good points, but this song is just so forward and literal that any kind of hidden meaning doesn't seem like it would have anythihg to do with the song, unless its VERY hidden. I'm sure all Tool's videos have at least a little symbolism and underlying meaning, if not completely so.

I think I'd like to see a kick-ass Tool video that even non-tool fans can enjoy. I jumped into Tool when lateralus was released, or shortly after. I remember seeing the video for Schism before I started listening to Tool and I thought how weird and pointless it was. some time later I began (literally) studying the videos looking for clues as to their meaning.

bottom line of this post: I think I'd like to see a kick-ass Tool video that even non-tool fans can enjoy.

deaf
04-22-2006, 08:49 AM
so when can we see the video?
this thursday on rockzone (mtv germany) there'll be a tv interview with tool... anyone know if they'll play the video there?

edit: i meant wednesday

Inner_Eulogy
04-22-2006, 03:06 PM
The video's gonna be a stick figure molesting his goldfish and eating corn dogs

maestrotee
04-22-2006, 06:27 PM
I hope fuckin MTV doesn't even get this video! It would be great if Tool just did their own music program on their site that ran at different times during the day just like radioheadtv.com if anyone saw that. What a great fucking idea that is! That way MTV doesn't get a righteous cent out of Tool publicity for more of their fuckin 'cribs' or shitty-ass teenager-fuck lack-of-reality shows and Tool definately doesn't need to kiss MTV's ass to show their videos ('Track 1' ... what a fuckin' joke)! Damn, I hate those bastards! And I love the word 'fuck'. Anyway, if anyone in the Tool family is reading, exclusive web premieres for the fans and continuing web releases of their videos ... pleazzzzze. That would kick some serious ass!

maestrotee
04-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Give us a web release, please!!!!!!!!!!

The Dark Jester
04-25-2006, 08:01 AM
The rage website says "coming up..." and then list's Tool. Not sure what "coming up..." means, but it also says new realeases will be posted this Thursday so hopefully we can get some answers.

backwardsdave
04-25-2006, 09:47 AM
I know it'll be nothing like this, but this is the visual that came to me...

While the intro builds we see a claymation character in a setting that tells you that he can have anything and everything that he desires. The song begins in full force and it seems to draw the character to a crack in the wall. He looks through the crack and he (as well as the viewer) gets a glimpse of the band playing. Not a full look but maybe a blurry shot of a stick hitting a cymbal, or a hand strumming a guitar. This sends the character into a frenzy to see more, so he starts tearing down the wall. His efforts start to destroy all of the things around him, but he's not fazed because all he cares about is seeing what's beyond the wall. As this is happening we get glimpses here and there of the band playing, but just enough to make you want more. When he finally gets to the point where he can crawl through to the other side, the wall collapses and burries him. The screen goes black and stays this way until the end of the video with neither he or the viewer getting what they wanted to see.

panocha21
04-25-2006, 08:40 PM
A Tool video is never fun til someone dies.

zamolxe
04-26-2006, 12:56 AM
The album is coming out in less than a week and I havent heard anything about the Vicarious video.
Anyone know anything? When did Schism come out compared to the release date of Lateralus?

azatoth
04-26-2006, 01:00 AM
it's out when it's out

BlindVisionary
04-26-2006, 01:53 AM
it's out when it's out
Typical Irish reply :D

azatoth
04-26-2006, 01:56 AM
guess the irish ways are sticking on to me after 7 months of living here,lol

RED_THE_HAT
04-26-2006, 02:48 AM
I'd say it would most likely premier at their first show of the tour. I dunno if that's been yet, but yeah, they usually do it that way.

slicknickshady
04-26-2006, 03:26 AM
I'd say it would most likely premier at their first show of the tour. I dunno if that's been yet, but yeah, they usually do it that way.

Probably.

lali
04-27-2006, 12:13 AM

For Schism check out interpretive dance duo Osseus Labyrint.
As for Parabola the actor was Tricky.

TOOLEK
04-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Does anybody know when the video is going to be released. I heard some rumours that Adam id shooting the video with Alex Grey, that it's very "plastic" and thus the postproduction is going to last a few weeks
Link to Polish site: http://www.rockserwis.pl/ProductPresentationForm.php?ProductID=72437&lang=1

RED_THE_HAT
04-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Does anybody know when the video is going to be released. I heard some rumours that Adam id shooting the video with Alex Grey, that it's very "plastic" and thus the postproduction is going to last a few weeks
Link to Polish site: http://www.rockserwis.pl/ProductPresentationForm.php?ProductID=72437&lang=1

I would more than likely suggest that they would premiere it at Coachella. They did this in Australia for Parabola, not long after, everyone else was showing it.

TOOLEK
04-29-2006, 01:10 AM
I would more than likely suggest that they would premiere it at Coachella. They did this in Australia for Parabola, not long after, everyone else was showing it.

Yeah it would be great. WE'll see tommorow.

ladiatia
04-29-2006, 01:24 AM

They premiered parabol/Parabola in Tokyo a few days before heading to Australia During the PRESEMINAL TOUR.

SALUD!

fault
04-29-2006, 02:02 AM
I already made a thread about this. It's apparently entirely CG , art direction by AJ + AG, and is currently way behind schedule (it went from cg shop to another). Doubtful it'll make the first few shows, or rage hosting.

Artemis
04-29-2006, 07:15 AM
I already made a thread about this. It's apparently entirely CG , art direction by AJ + AG, and is currently way behind schedule (it went from cg shop to another). Doubtful it'll make the first few shows, or rage hosting.

Hey when are they hosting rage and who is doing it?

mattw
04-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Hey when are they hosting rage and who is doing it?

Saturday May 6th: Tool guest-program rage (Danny and Maynard)

http://www.abc.net.au/rage/rage.htm

Should be interesting - I'm gonna tape it...

Unifaun
04-29-2006, 07:54 AM
CG :(

I would've preferred live action.

gl0tch
04-29-2006, 10:30 AM

Where'd you hear this?

orange.juice
04-29-2006, 11:26 AM
CG :(

I would've preferred live action.

CG is overrated, also AJ and AG suck at CG.
They should go back to the humorous roots of Sober and Prison Sex, all their newer videos suck.

dracomordag
04-29-2006, 11:28 AM
this oughta be interesting to say the least

spicolli
04-29-2006, 03:43 PM
what station is 'the rage' on? Im currently vacationing in australia...But i only got a few channels....
So any help would be appreciated...
Im in Tweed/Coolie if it makes a difference.

mike09
04-29-2006, 04:06 PM

They should go back to the humorous roots of Sober and Prison Sex, all their newer videos suck.

Claymation FTW.

Squishy
04-29-2006, 04:28 PM

CG is indeed overrated and I think it doesn't fit their 'style'. That Alex-Greyesque ending sequence of the 'Parabola' video looked completely out of place to me. Also, the last 3 vids all had that same 'bluish' background look. Enough with the blue! Another Quay-Brothers like stop-motion would rock, those were their best, IMHO. Alas, it is not be, apparently.

Metalgod666
04-29-2006, 04:29 PM
its taking damn long for the video to come out, but it'll all be worth it in time

hbynoe
04-29-2006, 04:31 PM
i cant wait to see this
i think adam's past work is just brilliant..esp the aenima.lateralus era
he is going to be even more profound on the new ones

rattkin
04-29-2006, 04:52 PM
"Obecnie Adam Jones, gitarzysta zespołu pracuje w Nowym Jorku nad klipem do "Vicarius", którego premiera zapowiedziana jest na połowę maja. "

Explains all to me.

Translation : Adam Jones, guitarist of the band, is currently working on new Vicarious video in New York, which is announced for release in middle of May.

operativex
04-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Claymation FTW.

:werd:

DeVo
04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
For those of you who are overseas;

Rage is a Music Video program here on Australian free to air TV. It has been around for decades and has had HEAPS of different bands/people "guest program" the show over the years.

It is on channel ABC which is our national goventment funded station (it has no advertisement breaks and is available all over the country etc)

Cynical/Sarcastic
04-29-2006, 05:19 PM
*wants to be in Australia at the moment to see this*

allusion7.0
04-29-2006, 05:25 PM
I never lost faith.

I just can't see the band adhering to any strict schedule set by anyone to have a video out by a certain time etc.

I think it would be cool if they premiered it at Coachella as a nice little 'Welcome Back' type of present for their fans after 3.5 years absence from touring...

So far, my favourite Tool clips are Stinkfist and Schism so if it's up there with those two in terms of quality, I'll be more than happy...
yeah
they never really have worried too much about getting things done in a hurry. i don't think it is very important when it comes out.
as far as we know they haven't even made it yet. actually, they might not. i've heard vicarious kind of pales in comparison to some of their other new songs. I'm not listening till May 2nd,so...
even if it is 6 or 7 months i don't think it will really bother me. for most of that time i will be listening to 10000 days and i still haven't gotten dream theatres octavarium.

spicolli
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
i wonder if i gave this 'ABC' channel....
Not sure if i do...

allusion7.0
04-29-2006, 05:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
are you sure that that was actually tool in sober? i think that i read somewhere it was some other band.
actually it might have been the band that was opening for them at some point.
or maybe was going to open for them. i'm not sure.
if anybody finds out please let me know. until then, eatyhawrdghoolsleeeeboncooouchhy
d s b awe

Keyser_OGT
04-29-2006, 06:36 PM
all their newer videos suck.
^^ = Retarded. Parabola and Aenima video's are nothing short of AMAZING.

I heard from a friend who knows these things that it would be premiered here on May 13th, which would mean it would be the Friday night/Saturday morning edition of Rage. This was a couple of weeks ago, so if there has been production hold ups, this might not be happening now.

lachrymoIogy
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

are you sure that that was actually tool in sober? i think that i read somewhere it was some other band.
if anybody finds out please let me know. until then, eatyhawrdghoolsleeeeboncooouchhy
d s b awe Definatly looks like danny playing drums, and maynard witha mo-hawk. I'd say yeah.

Heatenbeaten
04-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Rage is an awsome show.......but you got to stay up late for any sign of good music...they rarely play tool...

DeVo
04-29-2006, 10:30 PM
spicolli: I would think you should be able to get ABC as it is available anywhere in Australia pretty much.

Chris_Brightwell
04-30-2006, 02:13 AM
are you sure that that was actually tool in sober? i think that i read somewhere it was some other band.Haha ... It's Tool.

plexus
04-30-2006, 10:16 AM

Quote:

d s b awe

of course its the fucking band. just look at them.

grug
05-01-2006, 02:32 AM
spicolli: http://www.abc.net.au/reception/freq/

toocooltool
05-01-2006, 03:46 AM
We will see it when its ready.... i want the FINISHED PRODUCT.

i KNOW it will kick ass.

Corevelay
05-01-2006, 09:44 AM
I wonder if they are doing some stereoscopic elements in it. I think they could think "well we gave the fans these stereoscopic lenses lets get as much use out of them as possible".

Is it possible to make a video stereoscopic?

InertUniformity
05-01-2006, 10:04 AM
from what ive heard, Alex Grey is worked on this video w/ adam.

So i expect to see darker psychedelic imagery mixed with adam jones twisted claymation.

Did K.Willis work on this one too?

Jesus Knievel
05-02-2006, 06:07 PM
so when does the video come out?

Haidar
05-02-2006, 06:07 PM
World premier Seattle!

Sinner_In_Me
05-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Imagine the Video!!, use your eyes.

dracomordag
05-02-2006, 07:04 PM
EDIT: use your stereoscopic lenses

HammeroftheGods
05-02-2006, 07:23 PM
It does seem weird that the album is out, and we have yet to hear anyting about the video. If memory serves me, the Schism video came out like a week before Lateralus came out.

Choice Breath
05-02-2006, 07:25 PM
They are making the hardcore fans wait for it as punishment for downloading the album.

Ganjalf
05-02-2006, 07:30 PM
when is the new website being launched?

tDoXoMl
05-02-2006, 07:35 PM
the video and/or dvd 6/6/06

Carny_Handles
05-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Imagine the Video!!, use your eyes.

best advice ever. this album really evokes alot of powerful imagry for me.

gerbil
05-02-2006, 07:42 PM
It does seem weird that the album is out, and we have yet to hear anyting about the video. If memory serves me, the Schism video came out like a week before Lateralus came out.

I thought Schism premiered the day Lateralus came out?

Malaka
05-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah it premiered at the Atlanta concert the day the album came out, just not shure how long it took to be shown on t.v..

JoeyVWEA
05-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Any word on the video and when it's coming out?!? If the band is on tour...then I guess Adam's done with it. And well of course the band's not in it...so that leaves the video in limbo? haha Well if anyone knows of any video premiers, (ie which network? online?) leaks? Like on Rage or MTV or shwhatever. fill us in...I know I'm not the only one dying to see the video!

hbynoe
05-03-2006, 07:00 AM
well it is may 3
and still no video they better had
hurry it up..i am getting eager.

LabRat404
05-03-2006, 07:50 AM
I disagree. Are you saying you want a video with the band playing and no meaning? Or stuff blowing up? Turn off your TV.

absolutely not.

as a side note, I hate TV.

What I'm saying is that there should be a lot of meaning in the video, but much more literal -- things that are just as easily deciphered as the song's meaning itself. not things just randomly bowing up and dying, but an extreme portrayal of the fact that we do love to watch things die, and what it does to us.

maestrotee
05-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Considering the message of the song, it could be pretty angry and violent! Yay!

claytonious
05-03-2006, 02:32 PM
dont know if they're gonna relesae it but MJK and DC are hosting Rage this weekend!

Let the speculation begin!

:D

JizzyMcJizz
05-04-2006, 04:35 AM
dont know if they're gonna relesae it but MJK and DC are hosting Rage this weekend!

Ya could be just right ya know. Geez that will be a shit night of rage. :P When the hell's the single even gonna get released. Us aussie's wanna make it number 1 as we always do for TOOL singles, right?

Here's someones attempt at making a video for Vicarious from the Movie Lord of War, turned out pretty nice I reckon, even if he missed the meaning of the song.

watch (http://youtube.com/watch?v=6wgsmVmxgWA&search=danny%20carey)

Mr C
05-04-2006, 06:19 PM

That's what i thought, being the 6\6\06, but it seem's not. Here's the link to there playlist. http://www.abc.net.au/rage/playlist/archive/2006/20060506.htm

claytonious
05-04-2006, 07:43 PM
damn.

Just seen the playlist aswell.. little dissapointed but it will be a good night of clips anywhoo!

plexus
05-05-2006, 09:28 AM
That's what i thought, being the 6\6\06, but it seem's not. Here's the link to there playlist. http://www.abc.net.au/rage/playlist/archive/2006/20060506.htm
dude.... may 6th is 5/6/06 durrrr

Satan's Caulk
05-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know about that?

waffel
05-05-2006, 11:10 AM
YES

CHRIST, ITS BEEN TALKED ABOUT SO MUCH.

Sanzen
05-05-2006, 11:11 AM
YES

CHRIST, ITS BEEN TALKED ABOUT SO MUCH.

LOL @ caps lock

Oberon
05-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know about that?

Wrong forum to ask this.

Satan's Caulk
05-05-2006, 11:13 AM
jesus apparently, so I changed the subject

Sanzen
05-05-2006, 11:14 AM
LOL the old switch-aroo!

xPOGOx
As far as APC (what you changed the topic from), MJK is done with it...but it's isn't necessarily completely done, we'll see...but who fucking cares.

As far as Vicarious....dunno.

Satan's Caulk
Haha, it had to be done.

Satan's Caulk
05-05-2006, 11:16 AM
I just want more Tool. I really liked what APC was putting out..well before Emotive or whatever the hell, but I just want more to feed on.

xPOGOx
05-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Release date for Vicarious video is probably 06/06/2006.

clone
05-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Wrong forum to ask this.

yes. questions about apc should be asked in the 'past the borderline' section of this forum.

Clutch it like an AEnima
05-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Release date for Vicarious video is probably 06/06/2006.

nawww thats way to late

Oberon
05-05-2006, 11:24 AM
yes. questions about apc should be asked in the 'past the borderline' section of this forum.

=D I changed my post to reflect his change. Its still the wrong forum, because there's a Vicarious Subforum to do that stuff in.

khemystri
05-06-2006, 04:24 PM
id love it if they released the new video with the "live DVD" on 6/6/6....

That would fucking rock.... I could wait til then for the new video.

It would make a nice little package, showcase the new art direction,
then a nice concert (compiling the best performances from the last
six days of the Lateralus tour) to follow up the VICARIOUS VIDEO....

One can dream.

JizzyMcJizz
05-06-2006, 11:11 PM
id love it if they released the new video with the "live DVD" on 6/6/6....

That would fucking rock.... I could wait til then for the new video.

It would make a nice little package, showcase the new art direction,
then a nice concert (compiling the best performances from the last
six days of the Lateralus tour) to follow up the VICARIOUS VIDEO....

One can dream.

Im right there wit ya. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ

lachrymoIogy
05-10-2006, 12:58 PM
billboard said that they would be releasing a DVD single within the next few weeks. nothing about a live dvd.

Jebussaves
05-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Lvie DVD will be released 12/06 according to the Ouiji board
It ends with 1 and 2 exposed then the window on the planchet is resting on the o in good bye thent he next number visable is the 6 so this means 12/06

See Ouiji board example here www.stellardoor.net

Griffin
05-10-2006, 05:10 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002500219

Ellipses
05-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Don't get me wrong because I have been a die-hard Tool fan for years, but I'm STILL waiting for them to give even a drop of credit to the Brother's Quay to whom they virtually stole all of their video concepts... and if you've never seen any of the Brother's Quay, don't bother spouting off an me for writing this.

HanInCarbonite
05-16-2006, 08:03 PM
I hope when the video comes out we can see another little stop motion guy running around. I liked the ear wax guy in Schism, he should come back!!

HanInCarbonite
05-16-2006, 08:04 PM
By the way does anyone know why my profile picture isnt showing up? I wonder after Vicarious what their next single will be. I have my money on RIght In Two. Could be The Pot though.

Irish
05-17-2006, 09:06 PM
It'd probably be Jambi.

clone
05-18-2006, 05:41 AM
the ouija already answered that question.

pasartanis
05-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Found this on wikipedia, maybe some of you might like to take a look.

"A video of "Vicarious" is currently set to be released on June 6th, 2006 (06/06/06). A DVD single may see concurrent release, similar in format to the previously released "Schism" and "Parabola" DVDs, although extra features along the lines of remixes and commentaries are currently an unknown.

According to band drummer Danny Carey, fans can expect "more of the same" in regards to the band's distinctive music video style."

....sounds good!

infamia
05-25-2006, 06:10 PM
looking forward to it, i really like tool videos.

Nate-Dogg85
06-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Is there any date of release for the video? Those short little clips they had on CosM were such a tease and im getting ancy.

phishman1
06-02-2006, 07:19 AM
No release date, yet.

Also, I though the clips played at CosM were just the TV ads? Yes? No?...

My daughter brought up a good point: Perhaps the Vicarious video is too 'hard' or explicit to show on any of the regular video outlets like MTV and Fuse? Maybe it will *only* be released as a DVD single

Hannibal
06-02-2006, 07:22 AM
that wouldn't surprise me.

EssnayRepXTamEt
06-02-2006, 08:26 AM
I heard that the video should be released in early July... take it with a grain of salt though.

Nate-Dogg85
06-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I cant find where i read it before, but it said those advertisements were "hints of whats to come"

Bloody
06-02-2006, 09:12 AM
maynard shit the bed and footage of it will be released on dvd. He's getting old these days and cant control his bowel movements. It will be a documentary of about old men for old men.

hbynoe
06-02-2006, 09:24 AM
the video sure as hell hasn't been worked on...well not by adam anyway
i am sure that he has a capable team though
i am dying to see it..so strange that it hasn't happened yet

EssnayRepXTamEt
06-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Adam was working on the video in February.

win
06-02-2006, 10:21 AM

i dunno I am a skeptic too, but there is really a lot of talk about it

Kurtz
06-02-2006, 11:24 AM
why the hell is there no real news on the video. the single has been out for 5-6 weeks now and there's no video.

Symbia
06-03-2006, 04:27 PM
i heard the video art is gonna be done by Alex Grey...and the effects are gonna be done from the same effects team that worked on X-men 3

drone007
06-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey guys, just getting excited, hoping tomorrow we will see the vicarious video.

A little conjecture before it's released (whenever that may be): The single has been criticized by some for its direct lyrical content. However, I started thinking about the song and video for Aenima, and noticed that Aenima is very similar in its lack of subtlety.

In Aenima, there are Earthly references to L. Ron Hubbard, Los Angeles, gun-toters, etc. These aren't esoteric or anything, they're a reflection of how pissed off Maynard is at certain things. Yet, in the video for the song, there are no direct visuals for these things. Everyone seems to love that video, and I think TOOL (or Adam) did a great job in making it broad enough to not focus on those lyrics.

I'm hoping and safely assuming that the video for Vicarious will be just as veiled as Aenima was... I dunno if they're still out there, but maybe the detractors will enjoy the song more if the video is a bit less direct?

TheHolyGift
06-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Danny says to "expect more of the same", so I think Adam is still on.

hushypushy
06-05-2006, 09:53 AM
since when has tool really made a "direct" video? since Hush--and Adam didn't direct that.

it's interesting though, the nature of their videos hasnt changed much but their music has, drastically. i dont think any of the albums really relate to each other (10kd isnt "lateralus part 2", is what i mean), but all the videos seem to have a similar vibe. in my opinion.

Nate-Dogg85
06-05-2006, 10:09 AM
i beg to differ... Their videos, although the same style, give very very different vibes.

Bloody
06-05-2006, 10:11 AM
since when has tool really made a "direct" video? since Hush--and Adam didn't direct that.

it's interesting though, the nature of their videos hasnt changed much but their music has, drastically. i dont think any of the albums really relate to each other (10kd isnt "lateralus part 2", is what i mean), but all the videos seem to have a similar vibe. in my opinion.

I would agree with this.

i beg to differ... Their videos, although the same style, give very very different vibes.

in what way?

tomhet
06-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Comparing "Vicarious" with "Aenema" or even "Stinkfist" could be a big mistake. In my eyes the two songs off "Aenima" are much subtler, even if there are phrases such as "Fuck retro anything" (he he, one of my faves, it could still be applied to the MTV shit 10 years later) I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but a song with a line such as "Hands to the sky crying 'Why oh why?'" can't be good for me.

drone007
06-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Comparing "Vicarious" with "Aenema" or even "Stinkfist" could be a big mistake. In my eyes the two songs off "Aenima" are much subtler, even if there are phrases such as "Fuck retro anything" (he he, one of my faves, it could still be applied to the MTV shit 10 years later) I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but a song with a line such as "Hands to the sky crying 'Why oh why?'" can't be good for me.

this is my point... lots of people have problems with these lyrics, but maybe there is hope for those people in the videos, since the videos have always been very abstract.

I can't imagine they would release an APC "Imagine" video filled with stock footage. But who knows, anything is possible.

StoneyB
06-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Please don't flame. I am just trying to gather as much thought as possible on this topic. Doesn't it seem that a video by Tool would be considered as part of their marketing? Doesn't it seem strange that the video has still not come out yet, and the label allowed that. Wouldn't that potentially mean money lost? I am not a conspiracy theorist at all, but it seems that if they were going to halt the release of the video, then decide to release it as a DVD, wouldn't that be the perfect opportunity to release some other unreleased material?

inSin
06-07-2006, 09:13 AM
its a perfect opportunity.. just because i hope they do

praefector
06-07-2006, 09:18 AM
it really isnt strange at all

they wont be touring the US until the fall so a video (which will serve primarily to draw even more people to the shows where tool really make their money) isnt urgent right now.

my best guess is that theyre (adam and alex) taking their time on the video, making sure that it is the best work they can do.

the video will hit the airwaves sometime in july...that will give us a couple months to watch it over and over and over again until the tour begins where its POSSIBLE they could have a DVD single available to purchase as a tour only item until later when it will be released in stores.

just my guess though.

inSin
06-07-2006, 09:19 AM
it really isnt strange at all

they wont be touring the US until the fall so a video (which will serve primarily to draw even more people to the shows where tool really make their money) isnt urgent right now.

my best guess is that theyre (adam and alex) taking their time on the video, making sure that it is the best work they can do.

the video will hit the airwaves sometime in july...that will give us a couple months to watch it over and over and over again until the tour begins where its POSSIBLE they could have a DVD single available to purchase as a tour only item until later when it will be released in stores.

just my guess though.

sounds like a good guess to me

rogerdoger
06-07-2006, 09:23 AM
It would be great if they released some other un-released stuff too. And I think Praefector has the timing pretty much correct.

Kev1326
06-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Well factor in the fact that, most stations won't play a Tool video, cause it's too long for them. Look at Parabol/Parabola, MTV, Fuse, and VH1 all passed on playing the video. Though it's rumored that Fuse aired it once. For the channels, they see it as a hassle to put a 7 to 11 minute video on. So they pass.

I also think they pass cause in that time they can run 2 to 3 pop, punk, or rap videos which have no artistic or musical merit. As opposed to Tool, which has the best videos ever "Consistently" as well. Yet they've never gotten an award from MTV for their videos, what a fucking shame, it truly is. Adam Jones deserves at least two moon men for every video Tool has done.

praefector
06-07-2006, 10:17 AM
well i dont get fuse

but i can speak for mtv

mtv2 (the one that still plays videos instead of tv shows all day) played parabola about once every 6 hours for about a month.

i think they found most people didnt have the attention span for it. dvd sales will probably replace airplay for the most part. but the vids will still probably draw in an average of 100-150 new fans per video.

homerbartkramer
06-13-2006, 01:59 PM
When exactly are they planning to release this thing anyway? The single has been out for almost 2 months now.... I'm beginning to think we will not see a video for this song

Agent_202
06-13-2006, 02:01 PM
i would rather they consentrate their efforts on a live dvd.

AsylumVT
06-13-2006, 02:04 PM
ditto

JOK3R
06-13-2006, 02:09 PM
live dvd would be fucking fantastic

khemystri
06-13-2006, 02:17 PM
i would rather they consentrate their efforts on a live dvd.

I want it ALL!!!!!!! Damnit!!!!

I want the live DVD, ALL the videos (including Pot & Vicarious),
and a book full of Alex Grey artwork... compiled into a BOX SET...

Charge us over a hundred bucks.. who cares!!!!
I GOT THE CASH!!!! Lets GO!!!!!!!

Agent_202
06-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I want it ALL!!!!!!! Damnit!!!!

I want the live DVD, ALL the videos (including Pot & Vicarious),
and a book full of Alex Grey artwork... compiled into a BOX SET...

Charge us over a hundred bucks.. who cares!!!!
I GOT THE CASH!!!! Lets GO!!!!!!!

calm yourself.

magnolia
06-13-2006, 02:49 PM
calm yourself.
control yourself.

The Scottish Tool
06-13-2006, 02:51 PM
the live dvd will NEVER happen. (or will not happen for a long time)
get over it.
Vicarious video and maybe one from the pot is all we can expect in the next 6 months or so.

khemystri
06-15-2006, 06:09 PM
the live dvd will NEVER happen. (or will not happen for a long time)
get over it.
Vicarious video and maybe one from the pot is all we can expect in the next 6 months or so.

Never happen huh... so they hired camera crews for nothing... Your retarded.

Didnt you use Blair's Ouiji board???

Perseensilmä
06-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Of course I can´t know what the video contains, but what are you expecting?

I don´t mean to flame now, but I am pretty sure that we all know that the theme of recycycling is a central theme of the new album. So, are we going to see some recycling in the new video? Like the little white guy from Prison Sex, making a comeback? Or how about Stinkfist-style panning and zooming?

I am very interested in how Mayanrd´s mother has affected the video. Maybe there´s some connections to her situation also. I was thinking too, that what if Maynard´s mom is the one who lives vicariously? You know, like people who would have great lives have to die and the one to whom death might actually be almost a relief has to live on and suffer and live on behalf of others?

Jimmeny
06-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Does this mean the Rosetta Stoned video leaked by the same person was ALSO legit?

Tyson
A bunch of ladders, a women laying on the bed twitching her fingers, the return of the white faced doll and the camera unfocusing and focusing for no apparent reason.

At least that’s what I’m hoping for.

Perseensilmä
Rosetta?

Jimmeny
06-16-2006, 03:24 PM
lolz

Jimmeny
06-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Aye Persee, Rosetta Stoned video and Vicarious video were posted here by the same person, I have both. Rosetta is very distinctive and is definately 'tool style', but I was dubious at first as it was altogether a little bit boring. But having seen the Vicarious video, and then hearing Roggles talk like it's real (and it does appear quite real), I do believe them both to be the new Tool videos.

Tyson
06-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Me too.

Yo, you're the guy with a good link, right?

No, I pm'd you about it and I suggest everyone else does the same.

Why can't we post the link anyway?

Jimmeny
06-16-2006, 03:26 PM
You mean you guys didn't see the Rosetta Stoned video leaked yesterday? You got msn?

Perseensilmä
06-16-2006, 03:28 PM
No, he´ll destroy your posts, I am just guessing and telling what I am expecting.

Lateralias
06-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah I saw that Vicarious video, it definitely has Tool video elements and is somewhat creepy. I need to find that Rosetta Stoned vid though.

Metalgod666
06-16-2006, 07:05 PM
I'd like to see these videos. My hopes are definately high

Big Fat Matt
06-16-2006, 07:39 PM
yes, if you have a link to it, please PM it to me.

Agenda
06-16-2006, 08:15 PM

+1

Insanekat
06-18-2006, 05:53 PM

Ditto, please and thank you.

Metalgod666
06-18-2006, 08:27 PM
watchin it now, looks pretty good if its not the real one

Metalgod666
06-18-2006, 08:30 PM
and is that the same little dude from the Prison Sex video?

Toolfan24
06-18-2006, 09:07 PM
The Vicarious video has been in progress since early this year, to agree with whoever else stated that. It will also be done with Alex Grey, which Adam said in a live interview on saw on the net (probably the 30 second clip we were treated to on the intro to the Tool site a week before the album released). I would imagine a step away from clay-mation as these people we discuss are some of the most intensely creative (and reactive) artists. A live DVD seems unlikely, however cameras have been spotted at the shows and it would mean huge figures for Tool, a band who loves the value of a dollar ;). Further speculation may get me a spanking from Maynard...

Choice Breath
06-19-2006, 06:43 PM
I heard that the Vicarious video is going to be a silent video, like a silent movie, but it's a video, and that Maynard is going to speak briefly at the beginning and suggest that the viewer either imagine that he is listening to the song Vicarious, or that you make up your own song in your head as you go along.

Omar Rodriguez-Mopez
06-19-2006, 07:14 PM
I heard that the Vicarious video is going to be a silent video, like a silent movie, but it's a video, and that Maynard is going to speak briefly at the beginning and suggest that the viewer either imagine that he is listening to the song Vicarious, or that you make up your own song in your head as you go along.

Sounds too stupid to be real. But Tool can do whatever they want.

DJOX
06-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Silent video? Every video can be a silent video when you switch off the sound. :)

implandnoises
06-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Only a couple more weeks. Can't wait to see what Adam and Alex have come up with.

Insanekat
06-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Only a couple more weeks. Can't wait to see what Adam and Alex have come up with.

Is there a specified date for it?

tempathy
06-21-2006, 06:37 PM
that rosetta stoned video was the stupidest thing i've ever seen
it has no connection to the song, it rips off earlier tool videos style (prison sex, sober), and just overall lacks anything interesting or remotely intriguing. it's a good attempt at capturing tools OLD video style, but it falls flat on it's face in capturing any feeling from the song

why do any of you have any question that it's fake? it's so ridiculously boring and drawn out and has no freakin point. I FOUGHT TO WATCH IT and when it was done, i felt like the song was actually being mocked with that stupid shit. that was pure disrespect for the song.

implandnoises
06-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Is there a specified date for it?
Nah, I am just trying to sound smart.

The most solid info I have is that Adam said it would be out early July.

I can't be bothered finding the source. There was a link to it from here a while back. It's a webpage that has an article about Alex Grey and his involvement with Tool.

implandnoises
06-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Actually, I have a new prediction.

The video for Vicarious will be shown for the first time anywhere tonight on C4 in New Zealand.

Please note that this is pure speculation and has no relationship to any evidence, either solid or mushy and semi-formed.

Insanekat
06-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Source: http://asap.ap.org/stories/575717.s

(Coincidentally, Tool fans: Jones says a video featuring Grey's artwork for the band's single "Vicarious" should by out early July).

implandnoises
06-24-2006, 01:06 AM
The most solid info I have is that Adam said it would be out early July.

I can't be bothered finding the source. There was a link to it from here a while back. It's a webpage that has an article about Alex Grey and his involvement with Tool.

Ooh look, there's the link now....

Source: http://asap.ap.org/stories/575717.s

(Coincidentally, Tool fans: Jones says a video featuring Grey's artwork for the band's single "Vicarious" should by out early July).