PDA

View Full Version : The album cover is a fake

*lebowski*
04-07-2006, 01:59 AM
If anyone has any Lateralus tour bootlegs just watch them. What is the backdrop on the stage? That's right, the very picture they claim to be the 10,000 days album art.

Now, why would a band like TOOL repeat themselves by using art that they have already used extensively and somewhat recently? It seems like an all too easy option for them.

Something to ponder...

btw, I was watching the Oklahoma City boot from Nov 2002.

*lebowski*
04-07-2006, 02:17 AM
You're new.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

vesica_piscis
04-07-2006, 02:23 AM
What he means is you're repeating shit that we've heard ad nauseum over the past few weeks... READ the forums.

Opiate_Mass
04-07-2006, 02:27 AM
If anyone has any Lateralus tour bootlegs just watch them. What is the backdrop on the stage? That's right, the very picture they claim to be the 10,000 days album art.

Now, why would a band like TOOL repeat themselves by using art that they have already used extensively and somewhat recently? It seems like an all too easy option for them.

Something to ponder...

about a million people have already said this. fuck off

Metalhos
04-07-2006, 02:35 AM
You see, you're new.

but he has stars around his nick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

*lebowski*
04-07-2006, 03:04 AM
He should at least started his post with:

Hey Dudes,

That would have been too predictable.

Yeah I could have used the search function, but I couldn't be bothered. Deal with it. Unlike most of you sheep I have a life away from the internet.

Ryan
04-07-2006, 03:11 AM
OH MY FUCKING GOD JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ALL OF YOU FUCKING NEW PEOPLE CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're new.

toocooltool
04-07-2006, 03:52 AM
That would have been too predictable.

Yeah I could have used the search function, but I couldn't be bothered. Deal with it. Unlike most of you sheep I have a life away from the internet.

Then we all ask you, to never come back here again, keep your life, dont fall into the toolnavy trap.

Please, dont ever come back.

You're newer than new.

*lebowski*
04-07-2006, 03:59 AM
Then we all ask you, to never come back here again, keep your life, dont fall into the toolnavy trap.

Please, dont ever come back.

You're newer than new.

124 posts!! Phew, what a veteran.

Most of you probably never heard of tool before lateralus.

Foamy
04-07-2006, 04:01 AM
No way, Lebowski is old school.

waffel
04-07-2006, 04:01 AM
you're new.

*clap*

Chris_Brightwell
04-07-2006, 04:11 AM
If anyone has any Lateralus tour bootlegs just watch them. What is the backdrop on the stage? That's right, the very picture they claim to be the 10,000 days album art.No, it's not.

phishman1
04-07-2006, 04:35 AM
I never saw the 'alleged' 10,000 Days covert art as a backdrop on any Lateralus-era shows...what show was this at?

/V\agina
04-07-2006, 04:41 AM
god DAMNIT how many times do we have to say that it is NOT the same artwork on the Lateralus tour.

That artwork was completely different. The only similarity was the 3 faces. The artwork you're thinking about had these funky swirly colors all over it...

Just STFU and GTFO right now before it's too late.

STA
04-07-2006, 04:55 AM
god DAMNIT how many times do we have to say that it is NOT the same artwork on the Lateralus tour.

That artwork was completely different. The only similarity was the 3 faces. The artwork you're thinking about had these funky swirly colors all over it...

Just STFU and GTFO right now before it's too late.

They're pretty similar.

phishman1
04-07-2006, 05:40 AM
They're pretty similar.

Yes, they are similar, but different enough. The 10,000 Days cover art is from Grey's painting called 'Net Of Being', which is actually an enormous painting...all in color. Personally, I love this painting, but I'd love to see the 10,000 Days cover use this photo is it's original all-color format. I'm thinking that they might actually use the color version of the cover, and there will be a darkened CD slip-cover over it...like there was for Lateralus.

Web Of Being (http://spectraleyes.com/albums/photos/web_of_being.jpg)

The colorful backdrop from the Lateralus shows is the actual Alex Grey painting called 'InterBeing'

InterBeing (http://www.alexgrey.net/a-gallery/interbeing.html)

mattw
04-07-2006, 05:48 AM

Well done!

Also, has anyone else noticed that in one of the pages of the Lateralus album booklet there's the word "GOD" spelt out in the guy's brain...?

Seriously dude, there's over 11,000 people who have registered here, on average lately there's been at least 100 people viewing these forums at any one time and the album artwork came out weeks ago. Even if you didn't search, logic should tell you that it may have already been discussed...

For what it's worth, I actually like the new artwork - I think it would look good on an album cover all by itself. Plus, the band could do some weird things with it visually during their live shows etc.

Boozy Eulogist
04-07-2006, 05:51 AM
Oh my God that sounds like it was a sweet tour! I wonder if anyone at this Tool forum would have been lucky enough to make it to one of these Tool shows where the art was used!

insaner
04-07-2006, 05:56 AM

i saw tool in 92' and that doesnt make you any less of a retard.

let me ask you soemthing, would you prefer if tool put flowers on their album?

oh wait, flowers are invented already.

insaner
04-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Oh my God that sounds like it was a sweet tour! I wonder if anyone at this Tool forum would have been lucky enough to make it to one of these Tool shows where the art was used!

tool tours? thats news to me.

Hannibal
04-07-2006, 06:09 AM

Holy Shit! This guys OGT!

btw, I've been listening to Tool since 1968. So fuck off. Next time you should start a new thread that says "I don't know if this has been posted for yet, but..." or simply put in the title "(insert Toolband Headline)!!!"

Chris_Brightwell
04-07-2006, 07:23 AM
let me ask you soemthing, would you prefer if tool put flowers on their album?Oh, man ... I would love for Tool to release an album where the cover is just a shot of a big field of sunflowers or daisies.

I would laugh at idiot fanboy reactions for WEEKS.

ProdigyDub
04-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Damn this guy is very irritable and quite defensive.

y-k=1/4p(x-h)^2
04-07-2006, 10:46 AM
So, in other words...this new guy's a dick.

I mean, I'm new...but at least I'm not a dick.

apocalyptic dispositon
04-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Holy Shit! This guys OGT!

btw, I've been listening to Tool since 1968. So fuck off. Next time you should start a new thread that says "I don't know if this has been posted for yet, but..." or simply put in the title "(insert Toolband Headline)!!!"

1968 huh? Didnt know that the members of TOOL were that old. lol.

apocalyptic dispositon
04-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Why is everyone being mean to the guy just because he is new? Every one of you was new at one point. So he didnt do his research, bid deal!! You could have simply said that this has already been talked about. There is no reason to make fun of him. Its just pathetic.

lmerr
04-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Damn pre-teens.

StoneyB
04-07-2006, 11:12 AM

What relavence does that have to anything? I also disagree. I'd be willing to bet that most people in these forums have been Tool fans for a very long time. I was going to be nice and not say anything about your stupid ass post, but then you crossed the line.

Ming
04-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Oh, man ... I would love for Tool to release an album where the cover is just a shot of a big field of sunflowers or daisies.

No titles just a guy with sticks on his back... Or no... even better all white... or plain cardboard... hmm or maybe wrapped in brown parcel paper.. or shit, just () or hmm maybe a hotel with an opening flap.. or all black.. or a naked lady hichhiking.. or a guitar spaceship.. or naked siamese twins with blazing hair.. or a guy on a motorcycle leaving hell.. or a Nazgul on a horse... or a baby in a pool chasing money.. or a prism... or a cow skull.. or an electric chair. Any of those would work too.

AmishRefugee
04-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh, man ... I would love for Tool to release an album where the cover is just a shot of a big field of sunflowers or daisies.

that would be nice

i would sincerely like it if they just had a black cover with a little white dot in the middle just to screw with all their weird-ass fans (me included)

Ming
04-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Seriously, they ought to just have a big steaming pile of shit on a dinner plate with a little American flag stuck in it. Now I'd buy that for a dollar!

praefector
04-07-2006, 11:59 AM

exactly what is your purpose

you stated your theory and it has been commented on

now youre just going to hang around and insult people because your little theory didnt make people go "yaaay ur so smart!!!"

praefector
04-07-2006, 12:00 PM

"omg tjhat cuver wit du flowerz is SOOOO not-toolish"

praefector
04-07-2006, 12:03 PM
on topic though

did you ever consider that the part weve seen of the "cover" is only part of the entire work that will make up the album art?

considering that, could their usage of a part of their tour backdrop be a continuation, or evolution of sorts, from their lateralus mindset to the new mindset?...not just a condemnation of the art as "fake"

toocooltool
04-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Okay, forget the album cover... why is this kid posting 3 times in a row?

That is the REAL question...

praefector
04-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Okay, forget the album cover... why is this kid posting 3 times in a row?

That is the REAL question...

well allow me to answer your question with a question...

ever been bored before?

CallofCthulhu
04-07-2006, 12:26 PM

Something to ponder...

Though this idea has been bled to death, the kid's got a point. TOOL HAS SAID 10,000 TIMES THAT THIS IS NOT LATERALUS TWO, FUCKING SHITTY ALBUM COVER, LOGO, NAME, TRACK LISTING, FUCK TOOL

Chris_Brightwell
04-07-2006, 12:34 PM
FUCK TOOLYou're still going to buy the album.

apocalyptic dispositon
04-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Dude, if you dislike TOOL that much, what are you doing hanging out at a TOOL opinion page?

CallofCthulhu
04-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Dude, if you dislike TOOL that much, what are you doing hanging out at a TOOL opinion page?

Lighten up.

apocalyptic dispositon
04-07-2006, 02:18 PM
me? Youre the one doggin' TOOL, bro.

insaner
04-07-2006, 02:47 PM

that would kinda rule.

CallofCthulhu
04-07-2006, 03:01 PM

The FUCK TOOL remark was an eccentric joke.

Morfindel
04-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Unlike most of you sheep I have a life away from the internet.

But not away from a TV

tempathy
04-07-2006, 10:28 PM
let's all laugh at the newbie who called us sheep!!
baaaaaaahaha.

motherfuckin shit truck this thread sucks

Carny_Handles
04-08-2006, 01:14 PM

you should just kill yourself now.. 'bro'

Jughead
04-08-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm thinking that they might actually use the color version of the cover, and there will be a darkened CD slip-cover over it...like there was for Lateralus.
that would be cool