PDA

View Full Version : well fuck...

orange.juice
04-06-2006, 01:10 PM
...they seem to hold on to their shit logo and Alex Grey artwork.

Earlier today i've been noticed that the Tool gig in Berlin on June 7 has been moved to a bigger location. Those fucktards just cannot make enough money. I believe that MLK alone, THE booking agency in Germany (they own Rock im Park/Rock am Ring) is responsible for this. Now look what they have on their website.

http://www.mlk.com/artist.html?Id=429

To me, this looks like it could be a promo poster for the new Tool. Wonder who created it, if it is official or not. Either way, it is just as shitty as the logo itself. fool.

STA
04-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Awful.

dekard49
04-06-2006, 01:20 PM
The fact thats its not symmetrical is so aesthetically off-putting. I really hope there is another "layer" or something to it.

Grimface
04-06-2006, 01:22 PM
http://www.mlk.com/images/artists/tool/tool2006/head.tool.jpg
:|

blair's man sausage
04-06-2006, 01:26 PM
damn i would just be happy they are gonna be playing....and not bitch about the artwork of the promo pic....but that's just me

s ti N Kfizt
04-06-2006, 01:32 PM
that logo doesn't fit anywhere, the makers haven't put much time to fit the logo to the pic.. or maybe the pic is just too small. but anyways, who cares.

ProdigyDub
04-06-2006, 01:33 PM
I don't really understand how anybody can say that's "awful". The asymmetrical nature gives it a sense of depth, and overall it's pretty damn aesthetically pleasing. What more could you want?

STA
04-06-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't really understand how anybody can say that's "awful". The asymmetrical nature gives it a sense of depth, and overall it's pretty damn aesthetically pleasing. What more could you want?

We are not seeing eye-to-eye tonight.

It's the logo that bothers me most.

Vaginal Replicator
04-06-2006, 01:35 PM
I agree, I think that looks pretty fucking cool.

Ancalagon
04-06-2006, 01:37 PM
While I agree Emotive sucked, that album art kicks ass.

Metalgod666
04-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I dont know, theres still a long time before the album comes out

ProdigyDub
04-06-2006, 01:38 PM
We are not seeing eye-to-eye tonight.

It's the logo that bothers me most.

The logo is OKAY in my opinion....I can certainly agree with you that the logo isn't as good as the artwork.

Is there some reason people don't like the logo other than it kinda looks like "fool"? I can't quite figure out what the justification is...serious question.

toocooltool
04-06-2006, 01:40 PM
The logo is fine... your the fools.

dissonance19
04-06-2006, 01:42 PM
good god just shut the fuck up.

and ok we get it, emotive sucks. its just a cover cd. I don't like it. lets leave it at that and get over it.

Natalie Portman
The logo really is pretty horrible. And it doesn't match the style of the art at all.

STA
The logo is OKAY in my opinion....I can certainly agree with you that the logo isn't as good as the artwork.

Is there some reason people don't like the logo other than it kinda looks like "fool"? I can't quite figure out what the justification is...serious question.

I prefer the old Aenima-era TOOL logo. I didn't care for the Lateralus logo, either. I don't really have a rational argument for it, it's just a matter of taste, I guess. Something about this new logo just looks cheap to me.

Metalhos
04-06-2006, 01:43 PM
@orange:

money reasons is possibly a fact, but i guess, overall it is a decision for the people who just want to see the show. and, be honest, if you are under those who came a bit to late requesting a ticket, you would be rrrrreal happy and won't blame anybody on the money-aspect... (and: who knows, if the income-after-tax is that higher. bigger concert halls took higher rents, you have to pay more for security a.s.o.)

reverend resistor
04-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Oh noes...

orange.juice
04-06-2006, 01:44 PM
damn i would just be happy they are gonna be playing....and not bitch about the artwork of the promo pic....but that's just me
well i am more than happy that they're playing. However, i feel disgust now that they decided to move the gig from cosy Columbiahalle to shitty acoustics Arena just so they can sell more tickets.

Now, everyone here is leeching for any legit tidbit of info regarding the new album, and this pic is a tidbit, no? To me it says: The logo and Alex Grey's interbeing fuckstick shitpainting are part of the artwork for the new album (could it be that this pic actually shows the artwork? who knows. i hope not) or at least, they inspired MLK's graphics department intern to create a promo poster. Anyways, at the bottom left it says Visions, which is a well selling music magazine here, and to the right there is the World of Music logo, a successful german media retailer. So it seems to be halway official.

Conclusion: Go ask your mommy for milk, dipshit.

bo bo
04-06-2006, 01:51 PM

Earlier today i've been noticed that the Tool gig in Berlin on June 7 has been moved to a bigger location. Those fucktards just cannot make enough money. I believe that MLK alone, THE booking agency in Germany (they own Rock im Park/Rock am Ring) is responsible for this. Now look what they have on their website.

To me, this looks like it could be a promo poster for the new Tool. Wonder who created it, if it is official or not. Either way, it is just as shitty as the logo itself. fool.

This is the same picture that was posted on Toolband, but now we can see the entire thing (not cropped anymore). Am I taking crazy pills?

dracomordag
04-06-2006, 02:06 PM
@quantum

friend does the art?

orange.juice
04-06-2006, 02:07 PM
if you are under those who came a bit to late requesting a ticket, you would be rrrrreal happy and won't blame anybody on the money-aspect
true. but why did they announce Columbiahalle then in the first place? This is just a money thing.

CallofCthulhu
04-06-2006, 02:07 PM

TOOL!!!!!!!!!! WHY HATH THOU FORSAKEN ME?!??!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!

orange.juice
04-06-2006, 02:12 PM
TOOL!!!!!!!!!! WHY HATH THOU FORSAKEN ME?!??!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!
^see above. mommy, milk, dipshit.

toocooltool
04-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I used to like you orange.juice probably because of your Avatar.

But, please don't be negative about the artwork.

I love german cars...

I love you really....

insaner
04-06-2006, 02:26 PM
i actually think this version makes the artwork look badass. and who gives two puffs about a fuckin logo?

dissonance19
04-06-2006, 02:28 PM
i actually think this version makes the artwork look badass. and who gives two puffs about a fuckin logo?

95% of this forum, it seems haha

toocooltool
04-06-2006, 02:29 PM

NOT ME!

ClerickMantra
04-06-2006, 02:34 PM

and ok we get it, emotive sucks. its just a cover cd. I don't like it. lets leave it at that and get over it.

actually, Passive is an original song. So basically, its not just a cover cd.

Unstuck in Time
04-06-2006, 02:44 PM
true. but why did they announce Columbiahalle then in the first place? This is just a money thing.
Ich antworte mal auf englisch, damit's auch jeder versteht:

It isn't "just a money thing". It's a matter of how many people want to go to the concert, in the first place. Should the concert agency rent the bigger venue right from the start?

Of course, acoustics is a point. However, Tool is not a club band anymore, they haven't been for a long time. You have to make a compromise.

By the way, MLK agency stinks, I agree.

dissonance19
04-06-2006, 02:46 PM
actually, Passive is an original song. So basically, its not just a cover cd.

technically, it was written for tapeworm with trent reznor. I think he gets credit for it too.

but majority, it's a cover cd. besides, it still sucks, and we get it already. no need to mention repeated opinions about it.

Wretched
04-06-2006, 02:48 PM
I like all of it.

KJM
04-06-2006, 02:49 PM
and the live version they were doing was so much better, I was really hoping that was the version that would be on the cd, no dice of course.

seeing the artwork enlarged, I like it.

STA
04-06-2006, 02:50 PM

Ok. Maybe 10,000 Days will be a cover CD, too.

Also, it's not just about the songs, it's about the message, and the fact that eMotive was disturbingly and shockingly juvenile. The kids at Nader headquarters probably had it on repeat while they shot themselves in the foot supporting the "liberal ideal". They'll be singing a decidedly different tune in a few years when gay marriage is outlawed at the federal level and Roe v. Wade is overturned because they couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Spoon
04-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Some of you are fucking hillarious. People on here bitch and whine "OH will tool come here? I hope they play a full show here! Oh they never come here! IT's my dream to see tool"

And they move a show so that MORE FANS CAN GET TO SEE THEM and you all flip out, christ.

dissonance19
04-06-2006, 02:56 PM
and the live version they were doing was so much better, I was really hoping that was the version that would be on the cd, no dice of course.

seeing the artwork enlarged, I like it.

I agree, live version was better. Trent and Maynard were supposed to go back and forth singing for it on regular studio version.

Semp
04-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Arena shows suck balls. Acoustics tend to be les than idea and often times the standing section is so large you lose a lot of the atmopshere you tend to get at smaller, purpose built venues. If they hit Manchester, they better play the Apollo or the Academy or I'm going firebombing.

dekard49
04-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Arena shows suck balls. Acoustics tend to be les than idea and often times the standing section is so large you lose a lot of the atmopshere you tend to get at smaller, purpose built venues. If they hit Manchester, they better play the Apollo or the Academy or I'm going firebombing.

+1.

I saw APC in Wembley last time they came round. That place is souless. We were lucky that APC put on such a stellar performance, they blew the roof off the place. The Deftones were headlining and they were awful, I only hung around in case Maynard and that bloke from the deftones performed "Passenger."

And they had no cloakroom :/

HiPp_1
04-06-2006, 03:05 PM
The artwork looks pretty sweet to me. There has to be a reason why the middle face is off center. Probly part of a larger picture or visual sequence. AG would not paint something slighty off center. I agree with Shadow to Anima though, the logo does look kind of tacky.

gerbil
04-06-2006, 03:17 PM

Also, it's not just about the songs, it's about the message, and the fact that eMotive was disturbingly and shockingly juvenile. The kids at Nader headquarters probably had it on repeat while they shot themselves in the foot supporting the "liberal ideal". They'll be singing a decidedly different tune in a few years when gay marriage is outlawed at the federal level and Roe v. Wade is overturned because they couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Hoping for a real, lasting peace is juvenile? Ditto for hoping for equality and a lack of prejudice?

I think people like Nader overestimated the vision of the American public. Some liberals realize that the general public is selfish and only moved when pushed. But then, the majority of the public is under-educated. And apparently quite homophobic.

Semp
04-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Oh shit. Here we go. Impending political "discussion"

dracomordag
04-06-2006, 03:22 PM
lol @ Shadow to Anima

NoD
04-06-2006, 03:30 PM
the fact that tool would actually use that art for their new shit is just mind boggling. They couldn't even get alex grey to make it somewhat new with a better persepective (looking straight). I mean, the only reason alex grey drew the figure at an angle was because it's symmetrical within a much larger murel. It doesn't look good as a stand alone piece. WTF is tool thinking?!?!

Andorion
04-06-2006, 03:37 PM
fool

dancingflame
04-06-2006, 03:41 PM
fools!!!
think of the interbeing-painting on a nice paper cover to fold out..and think of it in its original colors....think of different song-titles...think of an impressing live-show...and weird and cool new musick...even if it was sell-out i wouldn`t mind as long as its great music...idiots!!!! little kids!!!
al ei wand 2 sai iz: deevelopp ah little mohr vanntazzy and complain less....start a band and make it better if you can....

NoD
04-06-2006, 03:43 PM
fools!!!
think of the interbeing-painting on a nice paper cover to fold out..and think of it in its original colors....think of different song-titles...think of an impressing live-show...and weird and cool new musick...even if it was sell-out i wouldn`t mind as long as its great music...idiots!!!! little kids!!!

that colorful murel as a foldout would be awful and gay. I"d rather see it all black like this art, it looks badass, but it's OLD.

dancingflame
04-06-2006, 03:46 PM
maybe they make something out of this old piece of art that we don`t expect...
on the otherhand tool are becoming more and more predictible...i guess...(joke?)

HiPp_1
04-06-2006, 03:56 PM
phantasy?

Spaceman Spiff
04-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Sometimes - it really depends on the venue. The Corel Centre in Ottawa is a decent sized arena, but the sound in there is great - saw Tool there in 2002, and the sound was better there than the smaller Convention Centre where I saw APC the next year (granted it was a multi-purpose sort of room that was set up with a stage).

Spaceman Spiff
04-06-2006, 04:04 PM
the fact that tool would actually use that art for their new shit is just mind boggling. They couldn't even get alex grey to make it somewhat new with a better persepective (looking straight). I mean, the only reason alex grey drew the figure at an angle was because it's symmetrical within a much larger murel. It doesn't look good as a stand alone piece. WTF is tool thinking?!?!
Maybe that's just a part of it and it will fold out or something?

I have a feeling the majority will enjoy the artwork once they have the whole thing to look at instead of just that small bit we've seen so far. Look how much more there was to the Lateralus artwork as compared to the promo images we were given before its release.

oneredflag
04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Man i think the wait is making tool fans a bit cranky...

STA
04-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Hoping for a real, lasting peace is juvenile? Ditto for hoping for equality and a lack of prejudice?

Yes. Impractical, unattainable, and suicidal as a politcal platform.

I think people like Nader overestimated the vision of the American public. Some liberals realize that the general public is selfish and only moved when pushed. But then, the majority of the public is under-educated. And apparently quite homophobic.

Some liberals realize that if you want to prevent Bush from being elected for another four years you don't support a candidate with no credibility, no experience, and no chance in hell of being elected. The American left made the same mistake with Nader that the right made with Perot. They undermined a legitimate candidate, and, in the case of the 2004 election, they guaranteed several Supreme Court appointments to the extreme right, which will in turn destory their entire agenda, perhaps permanently.

I could go on (the fact that the left pushed the gay marriage issue a year before the presidential elections was a death blow, especially when the democratic candidate didn't have a particularly strong stance on the matter), but the fact remains . . . Bush won because his campagin was run by professionals; Karl Rove promised 3,000,000 new Christian votes in 2004, and he deilvered. John Kerry lost because his campaign was run by children, and supported by impotent movements such as MoveOn.org, which promised 3,000,000 young votes but delivered precisely nothing. (Nader lost because he never had a chance to begin with.)

To tie this back to eMotive: The sentiment expressed on that album is the same juvenile one that Nader supporters and MoveOn.org espoused; luckily, the consequences are significantly less dire in the musical sphere than they were on the political one.

HiPp_1
04-06-2006, 04:26 PM
well said sir.

a_sirian_in_agony
04-06-2006, 04:31 PM
tool are fucking with us....case closed dude..

gerbil
04-06-2006, 04:39 PM

Some liberals realize that if you want to prevent Bush from being elected for another four years you don't support a candidate with no credibility, no experience, and no chance in hell of being elected. The American left made the same mistake with Nader that the right made with Perot. They undermined a legitimate candidate, and, in the case of the 2004 election, they guaranteed several Supreme Court appointments to the extreme right, which will in turn destory their entire agenda, perhaps permanently.

I could go on (the fact that the left pushed the gay marriage issue a year before the presidential elections was a death blow, especially when the democratic candidate didn't have a particularly strong stance on the matter), but the fact remains . . . Bush won because his campagin was run by professionals; Karl Rove promised 3,000,000 new Christian votes in 2004, and he deilvered. John Kerry lost because his campaign was run by children, and supported by impotent movements such as MoveOn.org, which promised 3,000,000 young votes but delivered precisely nothing. (Nader lost because he never had a chance to begin with.)

To tie this back to eMotive: The sentiment expressed on that album is the same juvenile one that Nader supporters and MoveOn.org espoused; luckily, the consequences are significantly less dire in the musical sphere than they were on the political one.

People thought they had the luxury of giving a third party a chance in 2000 because they didn't think the American people were retarded enough to vote for a governor that failed on so many levels. And given the real, documented problems in states like Ohio in 2004 (our Sec. of State just disclosed that he had stock in Diebold -- the company that made the machines that are NOW malfunctioning in Summit country and that did the same thing last year...)

But, you know, I'm not going to argue with you.

The American people want to be puritans, let them. We're just making our own bed. Granted, it's everyone else's bed, too. But sooner or later America will fuck up -- if it continues on this path. It probably already has. Global warming is likely past the point of no return, and our war in Iraq -- while tactically successful -- is largely considered to be a strategic failure.

While the Democrats have made a fuckton of mistakes (I am not a Democrat) at least they've shied away from the games, mud-slinging, and dishonesty that has become a hallmark of American politics. (I.E. George Bush insinuating that John McCain had an illegitimate black child in 2000.)

eMOTIVe was not, "Hey, let's run for president based on 'Imagine'!" it was more like, "Wouldn't this be nice?" The people who wrote those songs really believed in a world of peace and prosperity for all, and it was looking decent there for awhile. eMOTIVe's tone is really negative for a reason, ditto for the cover art. As for songs like "People Are People," it's really sad that there is still such a blatent gap between races and social classes (a growing gap at that) in America. Not to mention the continued racism and biggoted, homophobic remarks that are still socially acceptable.

Have we come a long way since the 60's? Yeah. Do we have a long way to go? Durr. And is that progress threatened? Yeah, I would say it's always going to be threatened. Is eMOTIVe a mediocre covers album? Yeah. Is it Tool? No. So let's stop discussing it, and give 10,000 Days a chance, alright?

STA
04-06-2006, 04:41 PM
People thought they had the luxury of giving a third party a chance in 2000 because they didn't think the American people were retarded enough to vote for a governor that failed on so many levels. And given the real, documented problems in states like Ohio in 2004 (our Sec. of State just disclosed that he had stock in Diebold -- the company that made the machines that are NOW malfunctioning in Summit country and that did the same thing last year...)

But, you know, I'm not going to argue with you.

The American people want to be puritans, let them. We're just making our own bed. Granted, it's everyone else's bed, too. But sooner or later America will fuck up -- if it continues on this path. It probably already has. Global warming is likely past the point of no return, and our war in Iraq -- while tactically successful -- is largely considered to be a strategic failure.

While the Democrats have made a fuckton of mistakes (I am not a Democrat) at least they've shied away from the games, mud-slinging, and dishonesty that has become a hallmark of American politics. (I.E. George Bush insinuating that John McCain had an illegitimate black child in 2000.)

eMOTIVe was not, "Hey, let's run for president based on 'Imagine'!" it was more like, "Wouldn't this be nice?" The people who wrote those songs really believed in a world of peace and prosperity for all, and it was looking decent there for awhile. eMOTIVe's tone is really negative for a reason, ditto for the cover art. As for songs like "People Are People," it's really sad that there is still such a blatent gap between races and social classes (a growing gap at that) in America. Not to mention the continued racism and biggoted, homophobic remarks that are still socially acceptable.

Have we come a long way since the 60's? Yeah. Do we have a long way to go? Durr. And is that progress threatened? Yeah, I would say it's always going to be threatened. Is eMOTIVe a mediocre covers album? Yeah. Is it Tool? No. So let's stop discussing it, and give 10,000 Days a chance, alright?

k.

NateDaTater
04-06-2006, 04:44 PM
eMotive sucks because there is no depth to it. No musical attraction. The songs chosen and lyrics written were all trite and unoriginal.

As far as ideals go, they can say whatever they want, regardless of whether it's practical. Total peace is an impractical political stance, but that doesn't make it a worthless ideal to hold.

stinkfish
04-06-2006, 05:07 PM
FOOL

lol, just can't let it go.

Semp
04-06-2006, 06:43 PM
war in Iraq -- while tactically successful -- is largely considered to be a strategic failure. You may have to talk me through that one.

The problem with eMotive's underlying message was that it was a bland retread of the vague idealism of left wing and peace movements that has kept those movements from obtaining the exposure and influence they need. To wit: Can't we all just egt along? Wouldn't it be nice? Yes, it'd be really nice if we all got along. But that wishy-washy, clap your hands if you believe in faries mindset misses out not only on the minutae, but also on the realities. What if we can't just get along? People have long memories, can oppressed people just decided to let go of the past and live in peace with their oppressors without a sense of bloody revenge?

World peace is a popular cause but by no means a simple one, and I'd argue that it's not entire popular or intended. The natural world is a tuned system of balanced and opposing forces. Up and down, hot and cold, war and peace. War serves an important function in the machine of international politics, however horrifc the implications on the human scale. The goal, in my opinion, shouldn't be world peace, but greater stablity between states. This doesn't end warfare persay, but minimises the risks of long term, entrenched wars erupting. Right now, there is a serious problem brewing as the US has destablised Iraq, condemning its people to civil war and its attendant horrors for possibly generations to come, and the very blinkeredness at the administrational level that caused the successful invasion to collapse into a botched occupation and reconstruction now leaves the US sucked into a bottomless pit of money and lives, exacerabting the other pandoras box of issues happening on the home front to undermine the US' viability as a hyperpower in the future. Once the house of cards comes tubbling down, this too will have a destablising effect on the economy as well as international politics. And this is largely because of the Neocon method of persuing policies based on ideals, rather than on facts, in short ignoring the nature of the system we're all hooked into.

What am I talking about? Friend, I'm talking about reading politics with a headful of mushrooms.

Back to eMotive. The album felt rushed out to catch the electoral season, Passive was good, Imagine was half decent, the rest of the tracks felt like they'd been slapped together, throw in some spooky reverb on the vocal and then gloss it over with the same damn production technique as every other track on the album so... they all... sound... the same.

One thing that still gets me is that in what was basically a rant against Bush's failing, they chose to include "When The Levee Breaks" (not actually that bad), a full, what, two years before Bush let Nawlins drown? Totally coincidental, but eerily prophetic non-the-less.

Shoot, I done run my mouth. Cookies, or +1, or snakes or whatever you people are into for anyone who sits through this crap

Opiate_Mass
04-06-2006, 06:50 PM
i couldn't agree more, it looks wicked now that it's not cropped. if that's the art, i'm not going to be displeased, that's for sure

Opiate_Mass
04-06-2006, 06:51 PM
eMotive sucks because there is no depth to it. No musical attraction. The songs chosen and lyrics written were all trite and unoriginal.

As far as ideals go, they can say whatever they want, regardless of whether it's practical. Total peace is an impractical political stance, but that doesn't make it a worthless ideal to hold.
actually, it was a pretty decent album......... i suppose you have an album out that's better than it?

Opiate_Mass
04-06-2006, 06:56 PM
The artwork looks pretty sweet to me. There has to be a reason why the middle face is off center. Probly part of a larger picture or visual sequence. AG would not paint something slighty off center. I agree with Shadow to Anima though, the logo does look kind of tacky.
how the hell do you know what Grey would paint? -.- you're not him........

Opiate_Mass
04-06-2006, 07:05 PM
it looks fine, now that it's not cropped

Opiate_Mass
04-06-2006, 07:10 PM

it's really like streamlind and i dunno i suppose unoriginal.
which is not what we'd expect from tool (although that may be why they did it) ;)

FickMyDuck
04-06-2006, 07:21 PM
too bad this thread got off topic before I can reply.

But anyways, I think it's just a page from the sleeve.... remember when the schism and parabola "covers" were released, and they were just part of the sleeves? Yeah...

dischordance
04-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Is there some reason people don't like the logo other than it kinda looks like "fool"? I can't quite figure out what the justification is...serious question.It looks sci-fi. Not just regular sci-fi, either, we're talking uber-geeky retro-futurism.
Perhaps I wouldn't mind so much if it matched the (also ugly) Alex Grey work. But it doesn't. At all.

tcM_Emperor
04-06-2006, 09:02 PM

Lets face it, the reason you're so vocal about your opinions on eMotive is because it disagrees with your political agenda. Quite pathetic really, you need to stop crying about it and move on.

pops333
04-06-2006, 09:14 PM

I don't know if anyone has ever told you this before, but you're a fucking dumb shit.

pops333
04-06-2006, 09:16 PM

Imagine is trite and unoriginal?

Novus Opiate Seclorum
04-06-2006, 09:36 PM
2 points to be made.

1.Fuck the album art,and logo(it kicks ass in my opinion though.)
2.Emotive is a fine album with a couple of great tracks,it just doesnt
compare to the previous two.

Briznitch
04-06-2006, 09:36 PM
it looks fine, now that it's not cropped
THIS one is not cropped:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/dafreakindragon/AlexGreyExhibit.jpg

If the album somehow incorporated that entire piece to be used as the cover, some kind of fold out or something, THEN I would be OK with them using it. But after seeing these photos, it leads me to beleive TOOL is reusing an older peice.

dischordance
04-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Imagine is trite and unoriginal?See also: "naive communist bullshit".

pops333
04-06-2006, 10:29 PM
See also: "naive communist bullshit".

Ok. So we can just chalk it up to you have shit taste in music then?

NateDaTater
04-06-2006, 11:09 PM

No, but covering a song is unoriginal, and choosing it - a most obvious fit for the album - is quite expected and boring.

NateDaTater
04-06-2006, 11:14 PM
actually, it was a pretty decent album......... i suppose you have an album out that's better than it?

Better than eMotive? Try anything originally written. I don't even like them, but System of a Down is original. Any one of their CDs. Hell, if you want political bullshit, get Disturbed's 10,000 Fists. At least it's original political bullshit.

eonphi
04-06-2006, 11:22 PM
i like eMotive...yeah it was shit at first but i've gotten used to it eventually...it's different but it's good

i think that the artwork and the logo are beautiful...whats everyone's problem?

Natalie Portman
04-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Better than eMotive? Try anything originally written. I don't even like them, but System of a Down is original. Any one of their CDs. Hell, if you want political bullshit, get Disturbed's 10,000 Fists. At least it's original political bullshit.
Yeah, Disturbed. And I hear Green Day had a killer political album come out too....

Nemesis
04-07-2006, 12:47 AM
I love the album 'The Wall' by Pink Floyd, I downloaded it, but when I saw the artwork for the first time just the other day, the corny looking wall with the graffiti-ish 'The Wall' written on it.... I'm sorry but that album sucks arse now........

Metalhos
04-07-2006, 02:05 AM
true. but why did they announce Columbiahalle then in the first place?

yeah. good question. i think, it's because with hamburg there is one event in northern germany that wasn't booked on last tour, so they thought columbiahalle (at least not a small hall with 6000 people) still would fit.

This is just a money thing

i would understand your position here a bit more, if you are pissed about the ticket-pricing.

but overall, if music starts getting attention, it will allways be money thing (as well). it's when you hear the music and you're in love with it, you say to yourself: fuck about the money, it's worth it.

deaf
04-07-2006, 04:02 AM
If the band would decide where to play they'd probably choose Columbiahalle over Arena... better sound, better for visuals... more intimate

I'll have to eat a lot of Fruchtzwerge to see anything at all at Arena...

(oder kann man sich da auch irgendwie "oben" hinstellen?)

pops333
04-07-2006, 07:23 AM

No, but covering a song is unoriginal, and choosing it - a most obvious fit for the album - is quite expected and boring.

How long have you been a musician?

You realize that playing other people's music is something that every band does. You're a fucking presumpuous, pompous jackass.

Novus Opiate Seclorum
04-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Some of Jimi Hendrixs most famous songs were covers.

Comebackrunning
04-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Theres a lot of good covers.
But the one track I have heard off eMotive... When The Leevee Breaks. This is in my top 10 favourite songs of all time. And they FUCKING BUTCHERED IT!

gerbil
04-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Theres a lot of good covers.
But the one track I have heard off eMotive... When The Leevee Breaks. This is in my top 10 favourite songs of all time. And they FUCKING BUTCHERED IT!

Oh noes it's more atmospheric than Led Zeppelin's. They BUTCHERED LED ZEPPELIN! Oh wait, it's Memphis Minnie's song. APC's version has more in common with Memphis Minnie than Led Zeppelin.

Metalhos
04-07-2006, 10:07 AM
yeah. kind of. apc's version of "when the levee breaks" gives the whole song a completely new perspective. it's so different from the original and i like it much more than "imagine" or any other song on emotive (which is not that bad than many think of it).

my overall thoughts on covers: an interpretation which has a different vibe than the original is the real deal. if they just try to play the same, it's unoriginal and totally senseless (if the band is allready "in business". not so for new bands at start of musicianship. covers are allways a good thing to learn from).

tcM_Emperor
04-07-2006, 10:57 AM

You don't do your homework do you? Delivered pricely nothing? Here's a fact for you the oh so common politically naieve right-winger:

No incumbant president during war-time has ever lost re-election.

George W. Bush won by the smallest margirin over Kerry in 2004 than any incumbant president during war-time.

That sure says a lot about Bush seeing how weak Kerry was as a candidate hm?

No experience? You consider 19 years in the senate as a lack of political experience? No credibility? Why, because of the soundbyte you heard? Or how his opinions changed about nam?

You honestly think the left has permanently destroyed their agenda? Apparently you like to ignore polls showing the majority of Americans have said they will vote for a democrat in 2008, how Bush's approval ratings are at 36% etc.? But you don't mention these facts, because they go against your agenda. That's an age-old tactic of the right, instead of legitimate numbers or I don't know... facts.. You guys continually dance around issues because when it comes down to the history of our country, Democrats have done a better job, period.

thejesus
04-07-2006, 11:02 AM
anyone know why the petition to get rid of Blair got deleted?

I was hoping they would put that up as a Sticky

paraflux
04-07-2006, 11:10 AM
No, trying to find out what happened though. Even though I am against the thread and might have deleted it anyway. There's bitching about blair in many other threads, I dont see the point in another one, do you?
edit:http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=38135

thejesus
04-07-2006, 11:17 AM
No, trying to find out what happened though. Even though I am against the thread and might have deleted it anyway. There's bitching about blair in many other threads, I dont see the point in another one, do you?

I just logged on and saw that thread, and then it was gone...

didn't see the others, but I thought it was a good idea so I started a poll

Semp
04-07-2006, 06:37 PM
You don't do your homework do you? Delivered pricely nothing? Here's a fact for you the oh so common politically naieve right-winger:

George W. Bush won by the smallest margirin over Kerry in 2004 than any incumbant president during war-time.

No experience? You consider 19 years in the senate as a lack of political experience? No credibility? Why, because of the soundbyte you heard? Or how his opinions changed about nam?

You honestly think the left has permanently destroyed their agenda? Apparently you like to ignore polls showing the majority of Americans have said they will vote for a democrat in 2008, how Bush's approval ratings are at 36% etc.? But you don't mention these facts, because they go against your agenda. That's an age-old tactic of the right, instead of legitimate numbers or I don't know... facts.. You guys continually dance around issues because when it comes down to the history of our country, Democrats have done a better job, period.

A large portion of the support growing for the Democrats has less to do with the actions of Democrats and more to do with the fact that Bush has, incredibly, managed to overestimate how much ridiculous shit the american public will ignore from their leaders. Katrina was the tipping point.

I disagree with Shadow that the left has crippled itself, however the Democrats have a lot of work to do if they want to be taken seriously as a political party. Defeating Bush should have been a walk over, but the campaign was botched on numerous levels, and even today Democrats pussyfoot around, still terrified of saying anything that mioght have them labelled as unpatriotic. It's lessening, but the Democrats are out of touch with their support base, or worse, too scared of angering the Bush cabal to actually represent their constituents.

Also, i don't think Shadows is a right winger, some how. Just because he realises the short sightedness of the pop-left, doesn't mean he's some sort of pro-war android, rallying round the flag. Dude's from Oxford, could well be studying politics at the uni there. Any serious reading of politics and international relations tends to underscore just how pie in the sky the idea of world peace is. It's not a bad idea, much like having a river of Mountain Dew or Coke or the beverage of your choice running through your house isn't a bad idea. It's just perhaps not entirely realistic or healthy.

STA
04-07-2006, 11:25 PM

Naive right-winger? Did you read my posts?

I was not attempting to say anything positive about Bush, except that his campagin was professionally run. As for Kerry, your statement that he was a weak candidate is more negative than anything I have said about him.

I was talking about Nader, not Kerry.

You honestly think the left has permanently destroyed their agenda? Apparently you like to ignore polls showing the majority of Americans have said they will vote for a democrat in 2008, how Bush's approval ratings are at 36% etc.?

Supreme court appointments are for life. That's the real problem. How many supreme court appointments will be made by the next president? Most likely: zero. Bush already has two, and there are more on the way.

But you don't mention these facts, because they go against your agenda. That's an age-old tactic of the right, instead of legitimate numbers or I don't know... facts.. You guys continually dance around issues because when it comes down to the history of our country, Democrats have done a better job, period.

I didn't mention these "facts" because they're not relevant to any of the arguments I was making. I don't remember criticizing the Democrats. I criticized Nader, the people who ran his campaign, and the way his campagin was run. And I really have no idea what agenda you're talking about.

STA
04-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Also, i don't think Shadows is a right winger, some how. Just because he realises the short sightedness of the pop-left, doesn't mean he's some sort of pro-war android, rallying round the flag.