PDA

View Full Version : something else strange

seemyshadowchanging
04-06-2006, 06:32 AM
i called our record shop here in town which is kinda independent,they told me the release date was may 2nd like we all know, but they said the title was still undisclosed.anybody else heard this type of thing from a smaller type record store in their towns?

ViVisekt6
04-06-2006, 06:41 AM
undisclosed... that's what happens when companies get their information off the internet.

fearxile
04-06-2006, 06:42 AM
Thats what happens when u go to a mom and pop shop.

phreak03
04-06-2006, 06:45 AM
wasn't there a news update on toolshed that said that the real albums title will be posted first on Tool Army? instead 10000days was on Tool Band first

fearxile
04-06-2006, 06:46 AM
It was posted on both then taken off tool band then put back up.

phreak03
04-06-2006, 06:48 AM
well there goes my crazy theories...i quit

fearxile
04-06-2006, 06:52 AM
I think we can all agree that 10k is gonna be the title.

paraflux
04-06-2006, 06:53 AM
I think we can all agree that 10k is gonna be the title.

Are... you trying to speak for anyone other than yourself?

Semp
04-06-2006, 07:16 AM
i called our record shop here in town which is kinda independent,they told me the release date was may 2nd like we all know, but they said the title was still undisclosed.anybody else heard this type of thing from a smaller type record store in their towns?

As it happens, I have a friend who works at Music Zone in the lovely town of Stockport who I asked to scope out the UK release date and, on a whim, asked her to check if there anything unusual about the album info or anything like that. She tells me that the UK release is the 29th of May (April, surely, please tell me we don't have to wait almost another fucking month), but the album is still listed as untitled.

And you know what? No pictures, no links, no evidence. You're just gonna have to take my word, and the world of my small but perfectly formed friend, for it.

Bogart
04-06-2006, 07:25 AM
I'm kind of hoping 10,000 Days isn't really the title. I believe it's a song, but I would like to see the album have a different title.

seemyshadowchanging
04-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm kind of hoping 10,000 Days isn't really the title. I believe it's a song, but I would like to see the album have a different title.
i checked with that record store again today and they are still saying undisclosed.is this unusual seeing how amazon and other websites are reporting 10k days????

Windir
04-06-2006, 10:46 AM
My local music store confirms 10,000 Days.

seemyshadowchanging
04-06-2006, 10:48 AM
My local music store confirms 10,000 Days.
very strange?

Windir
04-06-2006, 10:50 AM
I dont think it's strange. I even ordered 3 copies. Hah, beat that!

praefector
04-06-2006, 10:54 AM
cd/dvd trade shop i used to work at has it catalogued as 10,000 days ETA april 28th.

hanger25934
04-06-2006, 10:58 AM
I dont think it's strange. I even ordered 3 copies. Hah, beat that!
i ordered 4!

Windir
04-06-2006, 11:01 AM
i ordered 4!

Nice one. I'll probably end up buying more copies when it's released. Depending on how I like the album and if it will come in Limited Edition too.

seemyshadowchanging
04-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Nice one. I'll probably end up buying more copies when it's released. Depending on how I like the album and if it will come in Limited Edition too.
you think there will be a limited edition we can only hope

Kinesthesis
04-06-2006, 11:15 AM
I don't think there is any reason to question the album title at this point. I was skeptical about the track listing at first, but that could very well be true too.

tempathy
04-06-2006, 11:20 AM
this is toolnavy where everyone has overdosed on their salt.

CallofCthulhu
04-06-2006, 02:10 PM
undisclosed... that's what happens when companies get their information off the internet.

There's still hope. This may be the end of Tool as we know it.

alicetooljam
04-07-2006, 11:51 AM
I was at Circuit City and Best Buy yesterday and the album is showing up for sale may 2nd as 10,000 days...

RED_THE_HAT
04-07-2006, 10:30 PM

Forgive me if I am wrong, but every singe local record store we have here, the person at the counter is either a massive Tool fan who would do anything to get their hands on a copy of the new album, or a massive Tool fan who would do anything to get their hands on a copy of the new album. Hence, if we are all so confused about the title of the album, it would be more than likely that they would be just as confused.....

T-13h
04-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Are... you trying to speak for anyone other than yourself?
What's your current stance?

dancingflame
04-08-2006, 07:26 AM
i went to my local record shop and they told me it`s gonna be called "tool" he also told me that its going to be a double -cd/dvd, that it only consists of one song (splitted like the new shpongle or mars volta-cd- to sell it as an album) and that the second cd is the live dvd...they also told me that it will be quite expensive because of the artwork and the dvd...ah and then he gave me the promo-single and its not called "vicarious" but "friends wil be friends"....on the other hand i have too much time and on the other other hand we don`t have a local record store...was it all just a dream???

teleincision
04-08-2006, 09:33 PM
i went to my local record shop and they told me it`s gonna be called "tool" he also told me that its going to be a double -cd/dvd, that it only consists of one song (splitted like the new shpongle or mars volta-cd- to sell it as an album) and that the second cd is the live dvd...they also told me that it will be quite expensive because of the artwork and the dvd...ah and then he gave me the promo-single and its not called "vicarious" but "friends wil be friends"....on the other hand i have too much time and on the other other hand we don`t have a local record store...was it all just a dream???

hmm..... should i believe???

herarety
04-08-2006, 09:36 PM
That is strange.

Visceralus
04-08-2006, 09:42 PM
i heard it's going to be called The Archetype.

everlastingpmpkn
04-08-2006, 09:49 PM
what's the reason for buying multiple copies? i find lately that i will buy the cd's of bands that i wish to support, but it gets uploaded straight onto itunes/ipod, and the cd just goes on the shelf, never to be seen/heard from again...

having the artwork/lyrics in your hand to look at is always great (and something that downloading can't stop), but why the need for more than 1 cd?

TickTock
04-08-2006, 09:59 PM
what's the reason for buying multiple copies? i find lately that i will buy the cd's of bands that i wish to support, but it gets uploaded straight onto itunes/ipod, and the cd just goes on the shelf, never to be seen/heard from again...

having the artwork/lyrics in your hand to look at is always great (and something that downloading can't stop), but why the need for more than 1 cd?

just in case the first copy melts from heavy obsessive repeated play. i will make sure to grab extra copys for that reason. in fact i may go ahead and get an extra car cd player just in case the first one explodes. i like to take all pre tool album precautions.

teleincision
04-08-2006, 10:36 PM
heck, i already bought 5 back up cd players just incase my first 2 explode....