PDA

View Full Version : savor the flavors

loiasis
11-22-2002, 09:33 AM
tool shows attended 5 / best performance: Houston Woodlands Best setlist: Hammerstein Ballroom NYC.
Best live experience: 98' SanAntonio Japanese Sunken Garden Venue: very front row! I mean on the fence just feet from Danny. Maynard stands under a full moon, dedicates "Pushit" to son Devo and sings it a cappella halfway, closes the song with strength of band- i invite anyone to challenge this one- period.... i mean microdot.

Having listened to tool since ealy 90's,
i have had separate affairs/ affinities for each of the different instruments at different times / albums. akin to changing your drink of choice sometimes whisky, sometimes beer etc. each fostering a different "BUZZ" i.e. to get a different feel from each song. doing my best to hear each song from a different perspective has kept me in constant study. however, the latest album being the easiest to observe each facet- i tend to work more on Aenima (mv fav. very difficult to focus on one dimension) I feel like Lateralus is an expression to every influence TOOL has encountered. do I hear some funk? ( the cut break (adam you rock) - in "the grudge" ) to many of you who are beyond my level of " i know everything about tool" ( you don't ) i would like to hear how you approach the listening experience. TIP: if you are an "in transit" listener and you haven't invested a significant amount of money and research into your audio config- do it! you are missing much of the nuances that the architectool genius's have made for you. inshort- without really making any big discoveries to why this band is truly a few levels above most all rock - and share innovative prowess with the likes of Zepplin, Jethro Tull (am I the only one?) Sabbath, Floyd some others - my opinion is just that. currently I am tuned to adam - although it's tough to not be pulled away the mjk melodies, danny's happy-footed- 2xbass, justin's fatfinger lowz!

TOOL-ON