PDA

View Full Version : Tool not happy with JJJ

fraz
04-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Couldn't find the old thread for this subject about Andrew Hauge on JJJ, but basically on JJJ tuesday night, Andrew Hauge said that word got back to Tool about his mentioning of the new album on his show and they weren't too impressed!

http://triplej.abc.net.au/racket/mod_windows/fullmetal.asx

(about 34 mins in - after hooker with a penis)

Hodge
04-05-2006, 06:29 PM
37:30

Andorion
04-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Listening, thanks for this.

What the fuck is going on, why are Tool being such pussies about info getting out about the new album - not even relevant info, it's like if anyone who's seen or heard or been near it first hand says anything about anything to do with the album they get pissy. It's supposed to be out in less than a month and there's NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER out there - no first hand accounts except the one leak, just a single post for the album name and the track list, sandwiched between ISIS and BUTCHER posts on toolband.

Fuck.

stinkfish
04-05-2006, 06:31 PM
it's not possible to forward scroll huh? kinda boring to sit and plow through 30min of shitty music.

Hodge
04-05-2006, 06:31 PM
u can in windows media player

Drozz
04-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Aren't you supposed to like...promote new albums and such?

Ocelot199
04-05-2006, 06:34 PM
lol @ australian accents.

Edit: Why isn't this edited? Are Australians cool enough to not have to edit 'fuck' out of their radio songs?

undeniable dilemma
04-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Here is what jjj said:

http://toolshed.down.net/audio/20060315_jjj_reviews_10000_days.mp3

a_sirian_in_agony
04-05-2006, 06:36 PM
tool need no promotion....this bastard is gonna sell like a bitch..

Drozz
04-05-2006, 06:36 PM
And we all know just how well a bitch sells

Zeal_Love
04-05-2006, 06:38 PM
If she's hot she sells and Tool is hot.

fraz
04-05-2006, 06:41 PM
lol @ australian accents.

Edit: Why isn't this edited? Are Australians cool enough to not have to edit 'fuck' out of their radio songs?

Andrew Hauge is on the Full Metal Jacket show which is on late at night on tuesdays about (10pm i think) and you can swear all you like after hours

lmerr
04-05-2006, 06:46 PM
I've already heard this quite a while back.

Liam
04-05-2006, 06:50 PM
what exactly did andrew say that pissed tool off so much?
the fact that he attended a listening party? its pretty obvious he would have been there.. the only national radio metal show host..

Mitote
04-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Just to vent;

Personally, im quite tired of the VOLTO/BUTCHER/ISIS BULLSHIT POSTS on TOOLBAND. POST SOME NEWS ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM FOR CHRIST'S SAKES. NO one cares about butcher/isis a month away from a new tool release. I've never seen so much bullshit on a band website in my life. wtf. Even when it IS about the band, the posts are so cryptically nonsensicle that its hardly worth sifting through the 1000 words of bullshit to get to a few small scraps. I suppose Blair thinks he's being clever.

ack.

researchtriangle
04-05-2006, 06:55 PM
tool sucks. what a bunch of bitches.

Ocelot199
04-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Just to vent;

Personally, im quite tired of the VOLTO/BUTCHER/ISIS BULLSHIT POSTS on TOOLBAND. POST SOME NEWS ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM FOR CHRIST'S SAKES. NO one cares about butcher/isis a month away from a new tool release. I've never seen so much bullshit on a band website in my life. wtf. Even when it IS about the band, it's so cryptically nonsensicle and you usually have to sift through 1000 words of bullshit to get to a few small scraps. I suppose Blair thinks he's being clever.

ack.
What else do you want them to say about it? We know the title, tracklisting, release date and have seen part of the artwork. What the fuck else could you want aside from actual music?

KJM
04-05-2006, 06:56 PM
lol tool sucks

Mitote
04-05-2006, 06:57 PM
What else do you want them to say about it? We know the title, tracklisting, release date and have seen part of the artwork. What the fuck else could you want aside from actual music?

lol...good point. Eh well, maybe i'm still irritated that Adam kept proclaiming that tool was HIS BAND like a whiney little bitch. I lost some respect there...

Ocelot199
04-05-2006, 07:00 PM
lol...good point. Eh well, maybe i'm still irritated that Adam kept proclaiming that tool was HIS BAND like a whiney little bitch. I lost some respect there...
Everything about how they're dealing with new album is making me lose respect for them. They're trying to act like the album is no big deal... but you know they're prolly jerking each other off about it pretty much 24/7. Its natural for a band to promote their new album and be excited about. Its pretentious for them to pretend it doesn't exist... like they're too good to bother talking to the rest of the world.

I understand where you were coming from, but... If you've been following Tool long enough, you kind of realize that they're a bunch of assholes. I don't really expect anything from them anymore.

Liam
04-05-2006, 07:02 PM
this is that kind of shit that makes them *LOL*!!!1!!!!11 LMFAO

Mitote
04-05-2006, 07:05 PM
lol....yeah, it's strange. I respected tool a LOT more before they started opening their mouths to the press, as seldom as they do. It seems like they enjoy being preachy about not-being-preachy (maynard especially) and my irritation started from there.

They do seem like an irrate bunch, and that's fine. But they have a tendency to treat their fans like the enemy as well, and that...well, it hurts.

Hodge
04-05-2006, 07:05 PM
you'll get your news and shit in a couple of weeks

patience

zoomster
04-05-2006, 07:06 PM
i heard the clip (thanks for posting the mp3).. and hmm it was interesting listening to the clip and insightful how he described the listening party.. did not see really anything wrong with it but if you agree to attend to one of those parties you are bounded to a certain degree of confidentiality, and i guess it's unclear if he respected that or not

Goldfoot
04-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Personally, im quite tired of the VOLTO/BUTCHER/ISIS BULLSHIT POSTS on TOOLBAND. POST SOME NEWS ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM FOR CHRIST'S SAKES.

What more would you like? There's nothing else to tell.

And just to correct you.

Even when it IS about the band, the posts are so cryptically nonsensicle that its hardly worth sifting through the 1000 words of bullshit to get to a few small scraps..

27 Feb 06
TOOL SHOWS

Here's a list of dates for TOOL SHOWS that we can announce at this time (i.e. they are finally official). Only problem is, with regards to the Hamburg, Germany show and the Interlaken Festival in Switzerland, I'm not sure which one I'd rather be at... (since there is no June 1st show).
(list of shows)

BMB

03 Mar 06
JUST IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED...

The artwork for the upcoming Tool album is going to the separators/printers today, therefore it will eventually be leaked out that the name of the album is (drum roll.......) ' 10,000 days '

... so there it is.

08 Mar 06
TOOL INTERVIEWS & PHOTO SHOOTS

In talking to Danny on Monday night (while he was in Australia), I got the distinct impression that the guys had done a LOT of interviews for the foreign press, which means... lots more album reviews. Also, prior to leaving on the promo tour, I know the band members did interviews/photo shoots for several magazines, including GUITAR WORLD, REVOLVER, and MODERN DRUMMER, so look for those on the news stands in the coming days (April?).

10 Mar 06
TRACK LISTINGS FOR 10,000 DAYS

Here's the track listing for the new TOOL ALBUM entitled 10,000 DAYS set to be released on MAY 2nd, 2006.

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres

20 Mar 06

Artwork for 10,000 Days (album mini)

BMB

01 Apr 06
SINGLE

Here's some amazing shit: The new Tool single, "Vicarious" will officially be heard on radio on April 17th. That's all I've got...

OH MY GOD BLAIR! STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH AND GIVE US SOME NEWS!!!!!!!

Mitote
04-05-2006, 07:07 PM
I mean, seriously...has anyone really talked about Adam's bitching about this being HIS band in these forums? I'm sure we have, but...wtf. Do we really want to know who these guys really are anymore? stay away from the PRESS!!

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 07:07 PM
what happened to those webcasts they used to do. at least those provided some answers and gave us something to listen to. mother fuckers, do they think we give a shit about the previous albums and that they will help? NO. WRONG.

gimme a leak.

ARMZ
04-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Andrew said Tool's management.

I could see why the management would be upset and not Tool, if you were their manager and the band asked you to do your best to keep it on the down low, how ever the fuck you would do that, then you might get upset because then Tool might feel like you haven't done a good job and you might end up on the doll.....

But on the other hand, it all adds up to more free publicity, I doubt that they are pissed off, it would be a futile exercise to get worked up about it.

Mitote
04-05-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm sure that all this piracy is putting TOOL in the poorhouse. I feel horrible. Those poor guys...

By the way, staying away from itunes (and the like) is a sure fine way to encourage people to rip you off.

My point is, they should relax and stop trying to *control* everything. It'll only make it worse for them in the long run.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 07:11 PM

And just to correct you.

Goldfoot if TOOLBAND is so fucking good, then whey do you feel the need to have The Tool Hotline?

Smartarse.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Just to vent;

Personally, im quite tired of the VOLTO/BUTCHER/ISIS BULLSHIT POSTS on TOOLBAND. POST SOME NEWS ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM FOR CHRIST'S SAKES. NO one cares about butcher/isis a month away from a new tool release. I've never seen so much bullshit on a band website in my life. wtf. Even when it IS about the band, the posts are so cryptically nonsensicle that its hardly worth sifting through the 1000 words of bullshit to get to a few small scraps. I suppose Blair thinks he's being clever.

ack.
I'm actually with you. As I've said in previous posts, the cover art posted is fake, see HERE (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/dafreakindragon/AlexGreyExhibit.jpg), the album name is a ripoff of disturbed's latest, and I have no opinion on track names. But check this: TooL, one of the most original and non-conformist bands out there today, is going to re-use an old Alex Grey art peice and turn it grayscale, then use a rip-off of an album title that sucked huge ass? Somehow, I seriously doubt it, still. Has ANYBODY even seen any REAL printed evidence that the title is indeed "10,000 Days"? I'm not talking about the text on a website preorder page or a target price tag, those can be changed just as easy as updating the price.

Everybody will be surprised very soon. But in the meantime, yes it does suck that they aren't even giving out "real" info about the album, really no interviews except like 2, just being a little too secretive this late in the game. By now, we should have some solid concrete evidence to support the album. We have jack shit right now.

Regardless, this album is going to jam so fucking hard!

Ocelot199
04-05-2006, 07:24 PM
But check this: TooL, one of the most original and non-conformist bands out there today
lol
is going to re-use an old Alex Grey art peice and turn it grayscale, then use a rip-off of an album title that sucked huge ass? Somehow, I seriously doubt it, still.
Its not exactly the same picture. Blair said that theres a lot more to it, as well... like there was a lot more to the Lateralus cover that isn't obvious when looking at a scan of it.
Has ANYBODY even seen any REAL printed evidence that the title is indeed "10,000 Days"? I'm not talking about the text on a website preorder page or a target price tag, those can be changed just as easy as updating the price.
Nope, but we will in a week or so.

Everybody will be surprised very soon. But in the meantime, yes it does suck that they aren't even giving out "real" info about the album, really no interviews except like 2, just being a little too secretive this late in the game. By now, we should have some solid concrete evidence to support the album. We have jack shit right now.
They put an embargo on information that ends in slighly more than a week. On the 13th, I'm sure we're going to see a lot of reviews and advertising.

Regardless, this album is going to jam so fucking hard!
Maybe.

lysergide dreams
04-05-2006, 07:26 PM
is it really worth getting this worked up about?

you know, maybe the lack of information and them supposedly being so secretive is enough publicity for them.

i'm sure they're pricks. i'm sure they're pretentious, arrogant bastards. but i waited five years for this album, all i want to do is listen to it, i don't particularly care if the album title/track listing/artwork that we know of now is legit or not. i'm going to buy it the day it comes out (like most of you), and it's probably going to kick my ass. and that's enough for me.

TheHolyGift
04-05-2006, 07:30 PM
It's legit.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 07:31 PM
lol

Its not exactly the same picture. Blair said that theres a lot more to it, as well... like there was a lot more to the Lateralus cover that isn't obvious when looking at a scan of it.

Nope, but we will in a week or so.

They put an embargo on information that ends in slighly more than a week. On the 13th, I'm sure we're going to see a lot of reviews and advertising.

Maybe.

What, you don't agree about them being original as hell? That's your issue then, not mine.

And yes, it IS EXACTLY the same picture dumbass. Look at the bigger face on the left. Zoom in, grayscale, done. Want me to do it for you and repost/relink it? Gimme 5 minutes buddy. Proof on the way.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 07:39 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/briznitch/notthealbum.jpg
Try that, then tell me it's not the same.

lysergide dreams
04-05-2006, 07:43 PM
i fail to believe that "unoriginal artwork" is going to prevent you from buying or enjoying the album. if it sucks, well then that's another story.

maybe i don't know, or i'm giving them too much credit here, but i've always thought they were pretty meticulous about this stuff. maybe the album cover is what it is for a reason. so don't get your panties in such a twist, ok sweetheart?

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 07:44 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/briznitch/notthealbum.jpg
Try that, then tell me it's not the same.
whoa you totally pwnd.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 07:48 PM
i fail to believe that "unoriginal artwork" is going to prevent you from buying or enjoying the album. if it sucks, well then that's another story.

maybe i don't know, or i'm giving them too much credit here, but i've always thought they were pretty meticulous about this stuff. maybe the album cover is what it is for a reason. so don't get your panties in such a twist, ok sweetheart?
Oh, Im not doubting the album will rule the earth over twice. IT WILL HAPPEN. But it just freakin sucks an ass anticipating something for 5 years and every other band in existence can give a little insight into their new albums, but not TooL. I suppose maybe that's one of the badass things about them though. Just like when you and your girlfriend fight, it pisses ya off but the bond is stronger than that and a speedbump won't ruin it. Me and my girlfriend TooL are fighting right now over who's lying to who, but soon, when all is said and done, the relationship will be as strong as ever and things will be fine. I love my girlfriend.

Pineal
04-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Word to lysergide dreams post.

Fuck, I think a lot of the people posting in this section need to get a fucking life. Everyone's excited about the new release and most are eager for news but it doesn't take a lot of investigating to realize that Tool like to present their albums as a complete package which should be enjoyed as such. Thus, them not wanting leaked info is only natural.

It seems over the top that they complained about what Andrew said (I read the transcript and he gave virtually nothing away) but what can you do.

I reckon that the best solution to all this retarded bickering and bitching that plagues every thread in this section is to take a week or two off from coming here and try to think about something besides the new release for a while. I guarantee it will come around quicker.

Goldfoot
04-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Goldfoot if TOOLBAND is so fucking good, then whey do you feel the need to have The Tool Hotline?

Smartarse.

First of all, it isn't my site nor was it my idea.

Second, there is other stuff to report on that the site doesn't always talk about. You were specifically bitching about the album news that we apparently don't have even though it seems to me we know everything we need to know. May 2nd. Who gives a fuck if the rest is fake? Well, apparently you do, but you shouldn't.

pensar
04-05-2006, 08:04 PM
this thread......offtopic almost 10 times!!!!

Mods....to the Recyle Bin it goes!!!!!

oh and just to expand what was said earlier....

-do we really think that tool is gonna suddendly change everything they have released to the media once may comes? its retarded, there wouldnt be enough time to catch up. im sure the record label would be highly against a move like this. PR money and resources does take up alot of time, the people dealing with Tool have to deal with other bands as well, its not like these people are paying sole attention to Tool alone.
AS A COUNTER ARGUMENT

-Tool could in fact change the album name (not likely, read above). But who would really be like "::slaps forehead:: Thats the best gimmick ever mann!!!" People who visit Toolband and Toolshed. Thats about it. A couple of years back Toolshed recorded 55,000 (?) visitors in one day, so we can say thats pretty much the frequency of the highest day possible. Now lets imagine how many people visit Toolband constantly for updates. This does not equal out to a very large amount of people....in the end, hence we can say Tool would just want to mess with around a million of the faithful followers. Not worth all the interview time, PR resources, etc. etc. WAIT, this is not a counter argument, it once again supports the fact that THIS IS THE REAL ALBUM AND TRACKLISTING.

Lamb & Martyr^
04-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Don't you realize they are just fucking with you?
It worked every one is having a heart attack.

Choke
04-05-2006, 08:10 PM
tool is doing this so that the reaction they anticpates happens ( people panic over every bit of false information) with the public. And then the whole albums concept will be to poke fun at how easily human beings are falsly led and relate that to American foriegn policy currently.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 08:18 PM
this thread......offtopic almost 10 times!!!!

Mods....to the Recyle Bin it goes!!!!!

oh and just to expand what was said earlier....

-do we really think that tool is gonna suddendly change everything they have released to the media once may comes? its retarded, there wouldnt be enough time to catch up. im sure the record label would be highly against a move like this. PR money and resources does take up alot of time, the people dealing with Tool have to deal with other bands as well, its not like these people are paying sole attention to Tool alone.
AS A COUNTER ARGUMENT

-Tool could in fact change the album name (not likely, read above). But who would really be like "::slaps forehead:: Thats the best gimmick ever mann!!!" People who visit Toolband and Toolshed. Thats about it. A couple of years back Toolshed recorded 55,000 (?) visitors in one day, so we can say thats pretty much the frequency of the highest day possible. Now lets imagine how many people visit Toolband constantly for updates. This does not equal out to a very large amount of people....in the end, hence we can say Tool would just want to mess with around a million of the faithful followers. Not worth all the interview time, PR resources, etc. etc. WAIT, this is not a counter argument, it once again supports the fact that THIS IS THE REAL ALBUM AND TRACKLISTING.
We will see, that's all anybody can say at this point. We all have beliefs, but nobody knows. We will see.

KJM
04-05-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm actually with you. As I've said in previous posts, the cover art posted is fake, see HERE (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/dafreakindragon/AlexGreyExhibit.jpg),

If there's a black case on the cd like lateralus, it'll look black.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 08:21 PM
If there's a black case on the cd like lateralus, it'll look black.
You're right, it would. But do you expect TooL to reuse this older artwork instead of something new and original, as they have done for every single release prior to this? I wouldn't. Besides, even Blair posted about it being nothing more than an "Album Mini" for the websites to have a graphic next to the title for presales. I don't recall him saying "here's the album art".

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 08:33 PM
First of all, it isn't my site nor was it my idea.

Second, there is other stuff to report on that the site doesn't always talk about. You were specifically bitching about the album news that we apparently don't have even though it seems to me we know everything we need to know. May 2nd. Who gives a fuck if the rest is fake? Well, apparently you do, but you shouldn't.

heh you're so easy to wind up.

Goldfoot
04-05-2006, 08:36 PM
heh you're so easy to wind up.

I don't understand why everyone thinks I get upset. I'm just having a discussion. You may think it's more than that, but when I see a point that I think is wrong, I speak up.

TenSpeed
04-05-2006, 08:37 PM
You're right, it would. But do you expect TooL to reuse this older artwork instead of something new and original, as they have done for every single release prior to this? I wouldn't. Besides, even Blair posted about it being nothing more than an "Album Mini" for the websites to have a graphic next to the title for presales. I don't recall him saying "here's the album art".
Blair might not have, but Alex Grey did.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I don't understand why everyone thinks I get upset. I'm just having a discussion. You may think it's more than that, but when I see a point that I think is wrong, I speak up.

nah it's not that, i mean we're all just 'discussing' right.

i dunno, you just come across as being really tense.

FOR THE SAKE OF THE TOPIC:

JJJ have always been -fucking- good to TOOL, so i think they should just STFU and let them spread the good word. Fucking TOOL.

KJM
04-05-2006, 08:42 PM

That's actually not what he said, completely. He said it was an album "mini" photo for cd stores to use, but he also said it WAS the album artwork. He said they made a smaller photo of it and stuck the album title and band name on it was their doing, but he never said it was no longer the album artwork.

I didn't think tool would do a lot of things before lateralus came out, I was wrong. I no longer put anything past them.

absolutezero
04-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Can someone post what they actually said in the JJJ audio clip? Or cut the section out, because I can't get to the 36 minute part of the file without having to listen to the whole thing.

TheRuleOfThree
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
*Sigh*

Everything provided so far is entirely real. There is plenty of evidence to back it up, supplemented with your own common sense. If you are lacking that, however, then I can't help you.

YOUR problem is that this is a departure from what YOU think Tool should do. You haven't held the album in your hands,, and yet you've decided that the album art is a "rip off." You haven't even seen the album art, really. You've seen a single picture. And yet it's a complete waste, a talentless cop out. It's stunning how convinced you must be of your own "Tool-ish" knowledge to ignore every obvious reason as to this being true and call it false.

Furthermore, you haven't heard the album at all, and yet you've decided that "10,000 Days" is a "stupid title."

Tell me really quick... what's the song "10,000 Days" about? Can you give me some lyrics that would show that there would be a better name for it? Maybe tell me exactly what the band was thinking when they were writing the song? How about you tell me something better to name the album?

Wait, you can't. BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD IT. You have NO IDEA what this album involves, what the words convey, what the band wants people to hear and see. All you know is what YOU WANT THEM to do, and that is entirely unimportant and irrelevant. You know the saying "a rose by any other name...?" Well, that applies here. Whatever this album includes, the band clearly considers the title, track names and included art as indicative of the direction they want the listener to follow.

This isn't your band. Give up. And by the way, when the album is released... don't post on here saying it's a fake album. Please.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Blair might not have, but Alex Grey did.
*From "http://alexgrey.net/ws.html"

The Grammy award winning progressive metal rock band, TOOL, will drop their next album, "10,000 Days", in early May.

Many fans have inquired regarding the album art TOOL has released on Amazon for pre-sale of the album.

The cover is an adaptation of Alex Grey's painting, Net of Being.

So, where does it say that it's the album cover? I see something the "art TOOL has released for pre-sale, and the name of the original peice, but that's all I see.

And I just re-read where Blair said "This is how it will look in the packaging", so I was wrong on that part but I still don't beleive they would be that lazy.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 08:53 PM
OMG THEY'RE CALLING 10,000 DAYS?!!!1

HAHAHAHA [no].

KJM
04-05-2006, 08:54 PM
dude, it's wikipedia, someone has to see the information and then feel inclined to site it and enter it.

it's not the end all be all source, although I do love the site.

insaner
04-05-2006, 08:56 PM

Just to vent;

looks like adam aint the only whiny bitch.

NoD
dude 10,000 days is already in the upc database, you can't fake that shit

Visceralus
dude, it's wikipedia, someone has to see the information and then feel inclined to site it and enter it.

it's not the end all be all source, although I do love the site.

wikipedia is fantastic... most of the time. sometimes it's disappointing, like when you want it to show how to decipher a HDLC state transition diagram and it WON'T!

Goldfoot
04-05-2006, 08:57 PM
nah it's not that, i mean we're all just 'discussing' right.

i dunno, you just come across as being really tense.

That happens everywhere. Some people really are taking this too seriously though. They are just track titles. It's not like it's fake songs.

Visceralus
04-05-2006, 08:58 PM
That happens everywhere. Some people really are taking this too seriously though. They are just track titles. It's not like it's fake songs.

that would be pretty amazing actually. releasing fake songs... hmm!

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 09:01 PM
*Sigh*

Everything provided so far is entirely real. There is plenty of evidence to back it up, supplemented with your own common sense. If you are lacking that, however, then I can't help you.

YOUR problem is that this is a departure from what YOU think Tool should do. You haven't held the album in your hands,, and yet you've decided that the album art is a "rip off." You haven't even seen the album art, really. You've seen a single picture. And yet it's a complete waste, a talentless cop out. It's stunning how convinced you must be of your own "Tool-ish" knowledge to ignore every obvious reason as to this being true and call it false.

Furthermore, you haven't heard the album at all, and yet you've decided that "10,000 Days" is a "stupid title."

Tell me really quick... what's the song "10,000 Days" about? Can you give me some lyrics that would show that there would be a better name for it? Maybe tell me exactly what the band was thinking when they were writing the song? How about you tell me something better to name the album?

Wait, you can't. BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD IT. You have NO IDEA what this album involves, what the words convey, what the band wants people to hear and see. All you know is what YOU WANT THEM to do, and that is entirely unimportant and irrelevant. You know the saying "a rose by any other name...?" Well, that applies here. Whatever this album includes, the band clearly considers the title, track names and included art as indicative of the direction they want the listener to follow.

This isn't your band. Give up. And by the way, when the album is released... don't post on here saying it's a fake album. Please.
But YOU are right? OH geez I guess so, since you said so.

The cover is a rip-off, maybe your head isn't far enough out of your ass to see all the links I've posted to the Real piece hanging up at an exhibit. If it was created just for Tool's album, its not likely it would have been in previous galleries prior to the album being released. If it was, then it's a ripoff. Old pre-used material copied to be used again, that is basically the definition of ripoff. Tool has never been a ripoff band in the past, why would they start?

Anomaly
04-05-2006, 09:08 PM
he just played along and said.. oo they got angry at me for saying the fake names.... to further support the names.

Goldfoot
04-05-2006, 09:11 PM
The cover is a rip-off, maybe your head isn't far enough out of your ass to see all the links I've posted to the Real piece hanging up at an exhibit. If it was created just for Tool's album, its not likely it would have been in previous galleries prior to the album being released. If it was, then it's a ripoff. Old pre-used material copied to be used again, that is basically the definition of ripoff. Tool has never been a ripoff band in the past, why would they start?

How can Alex Grey rip off his own work? Will you just shut up already? Just because there was a piece like it before does NOT mean they can't use what they have posted. If anyone's head is up their ass it's you for thinking you know what people you've never met would do with their music.

Nemesis
04-05-2006, 09:15 PM
I am not surprised Tool reacted the way they did, after Andrew Hauges in-depth 2 minute report on how he attended the listening party, I feel I have basically heard the whole album, therefore I do not need to purchase it.

Code of the Streets
04-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Maybe Tool is planning to release the "real" name and track listings, the day before the embargo ends?

That would explain why they don't want people reporting on the album before that...kind of an assbackwards way to promote an album though.

TheRuleOfThree
04-05-2006, 09:19 PM
But YOU are right? OH geez I guess so, since you said so.

No, the BAND has already provided us with all the information you are claiming to be fake. Look at the damn timeline and realize that IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR ANY OF THIS TO BE FAKE.

And it's not a rip-off... its an original piece that Alex Grey created and then was chosen as the cover of the album. A "rip off" is taking someone else's idea, duplicating it, and then passing it off as your own. This is simply a case of the band probably saying "we really liked that piece you did and want to use it for the album if possible."

Guess what? That backdrop for the Lateralus tour you cited? WASN'T ORIGINALLY FOR THAT TOUR. It was a painting before that. But I guess THAT was a rip-off too, right?

Your arguments are devoid of any real logic or substance besides "this is stupid." Look around you and realize the album is coming out in less than a month, and there are publications corroborating the information you already have. We can pretty much assume with 99.9999% certainty (barring a rift in the universe opening up tomorrow) that the album IS TITLED "10,000 Days," that the tracklisting is as it was posted, and that the album art CREATED BY ALEX GREY (read: original artist, older piece) is true.

I doubt you'll get this, since you would have realized it all on your own if you possessed anything besides your own stubborn cynicism in your head, but maybe if you sleep on it a while it will make sense. Or we can just talk in two months when you love the album and we all realize what it all means after we hold the damn thing in our hands.

Carny_Handles
04-05-2006, 09:35 PM
I am not surprised Tool reacted the way they did, after Andrew Hauges in-depth 2 minute report on how he attended the listening party, I feel I have basically heard the whole album, therefore I do not need to purchase it.

you made me spill my apple juice, you bastard.

Goldfoot
04-05-2006, 09:53 PM
What the fuck is juice?

Nemesis
04-05-2006, 10:32 PM
What the fuck is juice?

Its the wet stuff alcohol is made of, but without the alcohol. kinda.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 10:42 PM
How can Alex Grey rip off his own work? Will you just shut up already? Just because there was a piece like it before does NOT mean they can't use what they have posted. If anyone's head is up their ass it's you for thinking you know what people you've never met would do with their music.
Not saying Alex ripped off his own, I'm saying Tool took an older peice of art, not intended for an album cover, and used it as their album cover. (If it's true) Alex Grey rules and the picture is badass, especially the full one, but I just don't see TOOL not coming up with something one-of-a-kind for the cover. Like Lateralus when Alex did one just for that. Or like Aenima where nobody else did that. Or like Undertow when nobody else used Adam's sculpture. Or like Opiate when that cover wasn't ever used before. Or like Salival, that cover wasn't used pre-Salival. Get my drift? I see a pattern of originality with TooL and this would end that pattern. Not that everything has to be the same or anything, but I just don't see it. I could be wrong but I really hope I'm not. May 2.

I don't know, neither do you. Both of our heads are up there as far as this album is concerned.

Hannibal
04-05-2006, 10:43 PM
OMG....this is it....this is the moment. I always wanted to be one of those guys that just randomly posts in the middle of a thread a memorable message that will reflect the ideas of Tool, and bring peace to the boards...by quoting Tool lyrics, it shows how I'm clearly above everyone else, and am truly in tune with the music and the message. Therefore folks...

"be patient."

Oh my god, I feel so vindicated now.

Tyson
04-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Andrew Hauge is on the Full Metal Jacket show which is on late at night on tuesdays about (10pm i think) and you can swear all you like after hours

They swear at any time, remember Adam and Will?

Yeah.

Briznitch
04-05-2006, 10:53 PM
No, the BAND has already provided us with all the information you are claiming to be fake. Look at the damn timeline and realize that IT MAKES NO SENSE FOR ANY OF THIS TO BE FAKE.

And it's not a rip-off... its an original piece that Alex Grey created and then was chosen as the cover of the album. A "rip off" is taking someone else's idea, duplicating it, and then passing it off as your own. This is simply a case of the band probably saying "we really liked that piece you did and want to use it for the album if possible."

Guess what? That backdrop for the Lateralus tour you cited? WASN'T ORIGINALLY FOR THAT TOUR. It was a painting before that. But I guess THAT was a rip-off too, right?

Your arguments are devoid of any real logic or substance besides "this is stupid." Look around you and realize the album is coming out in less than a month, and there are publications corroborating the information you already have. We can pretty much assume with 99.9999% certainty (barring a rift in the universe opening up tomorrow) that the album IS TITLED "10,000 Days," that the tracklisting is as it was posted, and that the album art CREATED BY ALEX GREY (read: original artist, older piece) is true.

I doubt you'll get this, since you would have realized it all on your own if you possessed anything besides your own stubborn cynicism in your head, but maybe if you sleep on it a while it will make sense. Or we can just talk in two months when you love the album and we all realize what it all means after we hold the damn thing in our hands.

Say what you will. Come May 2 or before, we will either find out that TOOL rules at manipulating the public so they don't steal their music before it's out, or that (in my opinion) they chose a horrible album title at a bad time (right after disturbed) and reused some artwork for the cover. Un-Tool is all I'm sayin. Don't get your panties in a bunch, it's just my opinion. Not like I'm calling you an idiot for beleiving what you want. Everyone's got theories. Like I said, when I see concrete printed material that proves these things, then I'll beleive it. Not saying I'll like their choices on these subjects, but I'll beleive it.

No, the backdrop was not a rip-off. To me, a background for a show and an album cover are two totally seperate entities. The art on your album should reflect at least a peice of the album, it lasts forever and will be the first thing people see when they see your album. Originality rules anyday when it comes to album covers.

And yes, regardless, and obviously, the Album will fucking rock balls, no matter what it's called or what it looks like. They could release it on a cassette tape in a cassette single case for all I care and it would still rock. This is the internet, and my opinion on the matter is Stupid Title, Stupid choice of artwork. Hard for such a huge TooL fan as my self to say this, but tis how I feel. With every other album they have, I've been able to say "That's badass, Ive never seen that before" and even got a tattoo of the Lateralus art. Can't say that with this one if what we have been shown is true. It's tradition man, and I don't want it to end!!!

KJM
04-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Maybe Tool is planning to release the "real" name and track listings, the day before the embargo ends?

That would explain why they don't want people reporting on the album before that...kind of an assbackwards way to promote an album though.

but everyone is reporting the name to be 10,000 days. They're not saying anything other than what has been said by the band and what they were told. so they're not saying anything they would not have said after the embargo anyway.

theone333
04-05-2006, 11:57 PM
i swear i get dumber each time i read threads on this board.

fault
04-06-2006, 12:23 AM

Great minds think alike.

Probably due to geography.

Briznitch
04-06-2006, 02:37 AM
Aussies must have good taste in music. Lots of Australian people I've been finding into Tool lately, plus you guys have the Australian Pink Floyd Tribute show, which is the best fucking Pink Floyd tribute EVER. Saw them in November, very badass. You Aussies tear it up. Go nuts.

dekard49
04-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Just to vent;. NO one cares about butcher/isis a month away from a new tool release. I've never seen so much bullshit on a band website in my life.

+1

dekard49
04-06-2006, 03:28 AM

I'd like to see (and think it would be pretty cool to hear about) things like: new technology that is going to utilised; explanations about things like the vocal technique Maynard adopted "singing without singing" and then dropped; anecdotes about things that happened during recording time.

I think theres a good amount of interesting Tool related info Blair could put up there without 'giving too much away'; this is the five year runup to a new TOOL album, you know what i mean?

I'm seeing a lot of distaste about how Tool are conducting themselves toward their fans in the public and media...

dekard49
04-06-2006, 03:33 AM

And just to correct you.

Well, when you put it like that it does seem a lot more reasonable! I guess the last few 10 day gaps in news are just too much for a news hungry Tool fiend like myself :/

STA
04-06-2006, 03:33 AM
but what new technology is going to be deployed; explanations about things like the vocal technique Maynard adopted "singing without singing" and then dropped; anecdotes about things that happened during recording time.

I don't think Blair really cares about any of that.

Edit: Except maybe the anecdotes. He does seem to like anecdotes.

dekard49
04-06-2006, 03:40 AM
I don't think Blair really cares about any of that.

Edit: Except maybe the anecdotes. He does seem to like anecdotes.

No, I guess not :(
Ah, I didnt realise you were in England. Emotive was a huge pile of shit, wasnt' it? *shudder*

STA
04-06-2006, 03:42 AM
Ah, I didnt realise you were in England.

Is that relevant to my post, or your post? Or is it just that we both live in England?

Emotive was a huge pile of shit, wasnt' it? *shudder*

I can't talk about it.

Idiotica
04-06-2006, 03:45 AM
singing without singing is just vocal adlibs replacing words and melodies not yet written - it's part of the writing process for most singers.

dekard49
04-06-2006, 03:47 AM
[QUOTE=Shadow to Anima]Is that relevant to my post, or your post? Or is it just that we both live in England?

Just a curiousity; I'm not used to having replies so quickly while posting in the "quiet hours" of the Tool board.

STA
04-06-2006, 03:50 AM
Just a curiousity; I'm not used to having replies so quickly while posting in the "quiet hours" of the Tool board.

I'm pretty much on here all the time. I never leave my computer because I've been sick and because I'm in thesis-writing hell.

Are you going to the Hammersmith shows?

Nebel
04-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Tool are annoying.

Semp
04-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Emotive was a huge pile of shit, wasnt' it? *shudder*

That's why I'm worried that the art, title and trackname are all real. APC's last release sucked balls. maynard managed to take a fairly decent band and make a major release of half-assed covers and shitty remixes. If I was a hardcore APC fan, I'd feel pretty pissed about that. I'm just hoping that 10,000 Days won;'t wind up being Tool's Emotive. Especially after 5 (count em) years.

Also

We've been... we've been trying something... a little different this tour. We've been looking at... one our songs... from a different angle, under a different light... so we can hopefully kind of... see it almost for the first time. We'd like to try that for you tonight, is that OK? We're gonna need your help, though. We need your help... and your permission. So we need you to find... a comfortable space... that's not only comfortable... but vunerable. Want you to shut your eyes and go there, and we'll meet you on the other side.

Hey! Everybody shut your eyes, and if I come by and put my finger in your butt, you're the one...

All the proof you need that Maynard is pretentious dickwad.

Nebel
04-06-2006, 03:55 AM
Tom Delonge? What the fuck is wrong with you?

dekard49
04-06-2006, 03:57 AM
singing without singing is just vocal adlibs replacing words and melodies not yet written - it's part of the writing process for most singers.

It could have been that actually... I read somewhere that Maynard was using this technique where he was singing words, but not using the full words, or something like that. It sounds a bit dodgy (as in "lets wind up the fans" new released by Blair or something), but sounded pretty interesting nonetheless.

STA
04-06-2006, 03:58 AM
That's why I'm worried that the art, title and trackname are all real. APC's last release sucked balls. maynard managed to take a fairly decent band and make a major release of half-assed covers and shitty remixes. If I was a hardcore APC fan, I'd feel pretty pissed about that. I'm just hoping that 10,000 Days won;'t wind up being Tool's Emotive. Especially after 5 (count em) years.

Also

All the proof you need that Maynard is pretentious dickwad.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I really cannot condone a post that finds fault with the live version of Pushit, which is perhaps my favorite recording of all-time. I really like Maynard's preamble on that track.

On the other hand, though, you mentioned how terrible eMotive is, which should be enough for me to support your post.

Seriously, though, I don't think you have to worry about 10,000 Days being anything like eMotive. It's just not going to happen.

dekard49
04-06-2006, 04:00 AM
I'm pretty much on here all the time. I never leave my computer because I've been sick and because I'm in thesis-writing hell.

Are you going to the Hammersmith shows?

I'm signin' on *shudder* so I'm around here a lot as well. And www.deviantART.com

I'll be at both Hammersmith shows. Rounded up a good group of lads for the festivities (including someone who only has a vague idea about what Tool is - its going to be pure comedy to watch his reacion. ROFL. Reminds me of the time I made a work colleague listen the the Grudge on MD. He had to take the earphones out and said "my head is all dazed", and "I can't think properly". LMFAO!!!

Dianoetic
04-06-2006, 04:01 AM
Hahaha.. why are you comparing APC to tool? APC are nothing but a power pop band for the 'alternative' generation. Tool are the real deal. Get with the program.

DirtyBanana
04-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Seriously, though, I don't think you have to worry about 10,000 Days being anything like eMotive. It's just not going to happen.

yeah, because its ADAMīs BAND!

Semp
04-06-2006, 04:03 AM
haha, yeah man, I totally agree with you on Pushit. It blew me away the first time I heard it and I even tripped out to it one of the first times I did mushrooms. But I still can't shake the way Maynard's intro just... I dunno, you gotta admit that at the very least it's right there on the edge of being self-indulgent bullshit.

STA
04-06-2006, 04:04 AM
I'll be at both Hammersmith shows. Rounded up a good group of lads for the festivities (including someone who only has a vague idea about what Tool is - its going to be pure comedy to watch his reacion. ROFL. Reminds me of the time I made a work colleague listen the the Grudge on MD. He had to take the earphones out and said "my head is all dazed", and "I can't think properly". LMFAO!!!

I'm taking a friend of mine who doesn't know Tool at all and doesn't listen to any metal whatsoever. He appreciates good music, though, so I think he's a good person to take along. I'm hoping that we get the full experience, including fantastic visuals, etc. Someone suggested that Tool might not have the visuals in place until their US tour, and I really hope that's not the case.

Nebel
04-06-2006, 04:05 AM
Did you just post a Tom Delonge QUOTE? What the fucking fuck, I still can't get my head around that

dekard49
Hahaha.. why are you comparing APC to tool? APC are nothing but a power pop band for the 'alternative' generation. Tool are the real deal. Get with the program.

Agreed, sorta.

It does seem that Maynard is running with the "Conceptual" feel of 13th Step though, if the things weve read about 10,000 days being a concept album pan out. So he has brought some APC over...

STA
yeah, because its ADAMīs BAND!

You're right, I'd completely forgotten about that.

STA
04-06-2006, 04:08 AM
Did you just post a Tom Delonge QUOTE? What the fucking fuck, I still can't get my head around that

I took her out it was Friday night
I wore cologne to get the feeling right
we started making out and she took off my pants
but then I turned on the TV

dekard49
04-06-2006, 04:09 AM
I'm taking a friend of mine who doesn't know Tool at all and doesn't listen to any metal whatsoever. He appreciates good music, though, so I think he's a good person to take along. I'm hoping that we get the full experience, including fantastic visuals, etc. Someone suggested that Tool might not have the visuals in place until their US tour, and I really hope that's not the case.

Shit. I'll keep my fingers, toes, and whatever else I have crossed that they get the visuals for us. The visuals were incredible on the Lateralus tour in Brixton Academy.

I'm going to be a bit more cautious seeing Tool this time around, I got into a physical argument last time I saw them, I couldnt believe the amount of COCKS who were in the audience. I've never seen a ratio of COCKS >decent blokes like that before. It was well :/

Nebel
04-06-2006, 04:10 AM
That's bad.. but what's even worse is that he actually compared it to Maynard's quote, yeah, Tom Delonge sucks

Dianoetic
04-06-2006, 04:10 AM
Agreed, sorta.

It does seem that Maynard is running with the "Conceptual" feel of 13th Step though, if the things weve read about 10,000 days being a concept album pan out. So he has brought some APC over...
Of course he will be bringing some of his APC influence over, but the bottom line is that Tool is a totally different entity. Danny has mentioned that Animals by Pink Floyd is one of his favourite albums, that happens to be a conceptual album.. but lets not go there.
Moral of the story is dont compare Tool and APC.

Idiotica
04-06-2006, 04:11 AM
robots attacked my eyes with needles...

STA
04-06-2006, 04:11 AM
It's never been clear to me exactly what a "concept album" is.

Semp
04-06-2006, 04:15 AM

What can I say? I have wide-ranging taste in shitty music. My point was, at least Tom Delonge is to the point about this shit, rather than dressing it up like some sort of self-help therapy like Maynard does: Maynard wants you to close your eyes in a vunerable space so he can slip his finger in your bum bum. Get over it.

Also, you people post fucking fast. It's not a race. Slow down.

dekard49
04-06-2006, 04:16 AM

My idea is when the album has some overarching narrative or agenda to it, like the songs have some kind of relationship to each other outside of the 1-10 tracklisting.

FF's "Obsolete" is quite a blatant example of this. The CD came with a booklet story that filled you in on what was transpiring between the songs, and how they meshed with ach other.

Is anyone gonna se FF this month in the Astoria?

13th step as well, though it has 12 songs to match a potential "12 step recovery program", I've never really fully reconciled the songs with the 12 steps. Some fit, some dont.

Harry Manback
04-06-2006, 04:18 AM

It's an album where all the songs follow the same theme or together tell a story. It's not a collection of songs, more like one song in different parts.

Dianoetic
04-06-2006, 04:19 AM
My idea is when the album has some overarching narrative or agenda to it, like the songs have some kind of relationship to each other outside of the 1-10 tracklisting.

FF's "Obsolete" is quote a blatant example of this. The CD came with a booklet story that filled you in on what was transpiring between the songs, and how they meshed with ach other.

Is anyone gonna se FF this month in the Astoria?
Fear Factory have lost it in my books. Ever since Digimortal and their subsequent lineup changes.. mind you tho when i caught them on their Digimortal tour they were exceptional.

STA
04-06-2006, 04:20 AM

Ok. In that case, my favorite concept album is Andrew WK - I Get Wet.

His overarching agenda is partying.

Semp
04-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Andrew WK wants you to know that he considers each every one of you to be his friend

dekard49
04-06-2006, 04:25 AM
Fear Factory have lost it in my books. Ever since Digimortal and their subsequent lineup changes.. mind you tho when i caught them on their Digimortal tour they were exceptional.

The digimortal tour was a class, class act. It was sweetened by the fact that hordes of other American bands had cancelled cos of the 9/11 shenanigans.

FF sold out with Digimortal. The thing was, it should have sold shitloads among the linkin park crowd, but didnt. I can understand FF being pissed that other bands were makin all the money from things they had pioneered (partic the sing/scream vocal style).

So they though, well get in on this, make pop metal (linchpin is almost a perfect example of pop metal) and get rich, and they didnt :/

And all their hardcore fans fucked them off :/

I thought Archetype was class, but their lastest is a bit ropy. Not sure how I feel about Christian on guitars. He can play, but I dont think he writes as well as fat-lad.

dekard49
04-06-2006, 04:27 AM
Ok. In that case, my favorite concept album is Andrew WK - I Get Wet.

His overarching agenda is partying.

I caught his band a few years ago during their PR blitz. They are medicore at best, but the man himself is WEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL up for it.

Its all about the party.

STA
04-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Linchpin is the only Fear Factory song I have ever heard. So, which FF album do you guys recommend?

PS - This is an enjoyable thread.

dekard49
04-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Linchpin is the only Fear Factory song I have ever heard. So, which FF album do you guys recommend?

Their best album by a mile is "Demanufacture"'; this is a piece of metal history, its fucking pristine.

The one before that, their debut is "Soul of a new machine"; this is more classic metal with elements of death metal.

third album was "Obsolete", the concept album. This is hit and miss but has some of their best single tracks on it.

Then came Digimortal, which was their attempt at cashing in on the music climate at the time. Its pop metal. Not a bad album by any means (Burton nailed the screaming with the harmonic backing vocals, which is one of my favourite elements of the album).

If you cant d/l Demanufacture IM me and ill post you a copy.

I am looking forward to seein' em again this month!

Dianoetic
04-06-2006, 04:37 AM

Get Demanufacture and Obsolete, possibly Soul of a New Machine if you're really into the metal thing.

dekard49
04-06-2006, 04:41 AM
Get Demanufacture and Obsolete, possibly Soul of a New Machine if you're really into the metal thing.

= my post condensed into the pertinent facts without the bullshit editorialising, lol.

Dianoetic
04-06-2006, 04:43 AM
= my post condensed into the pertinent facts without the bullshit editorialising, lol.
new age posting for generation y :p

Neil
04-06-2006, 04:55 AM
They dont owe us jack sh!t. They just release records and we buy them. They are entitled to do whatever they please and release their products whenever the hell they like.

They are teasing you. How much you want to be teased is up to you.

Tool release albums for two reasons:

1. Money.
2. Communicating a message.

We understand the message to varying degrees. The only consumers tool actually care about are those who endeavour to understand. This requires patience.

Tool prefer to be in control of their exposure. They dont like things leaking out. Its better for everyone if they are mysterious. Its fun. They are adept at mastering their image.

I believe alot of the stuff currently out there is false. They dont want to give anything away until the album's release date but they know that the whiny impatient idiots are demanding information - so they just release stuff. Some is false, and some is not.

The tool experience is making love with a beautiful woman. We've had tool 3 or 4 times already ;).... and we're about to score again. We are currently in the foreplay stage. But don't get too excited and climax prematurely. Just relax and enjoy it.

Semp
04-06-2006, 05:21 AM
This is like... the second post I've seen on here so far comparing Tool to a woman/girlfriend.

You guys do know what women are, right?

5th Eye
04-06-2006, 05:23 AM
You guys do know what women are, right?Huh? What are you talking about?

smirk
04-06-2006, 05:33 AM
I think it's cool as hell that Tool does things thier own way with no regaurd for industry aproved 'normal procedure' or whatever you want to call it.

I also think it would be cool if 10,000 days is a fake and we all get surprised

mattw
04-06-2006, 06:18 AM
The tool experience is making love with a beautiful woman. We've had tool 3 or 4 times already ;).... and we're about to score again. We are currently in the foreplay stage. But don't get too excited and climax prematurely. Just relax and enjoy it.

This can't be true - you must be lying!

There are not 3 or 4 beautiful women in the UK, let alone enough for everyone else there right?

Interesting analogy. Does it work the other way around though? It's funny that you actually came up with it because when I'm "making love" with a beautiful woman (my girlfirend), I never stop and think to myself "Gee, having sex with her is a lot like listening to Tool..."

Maybe the new album will 'stimulate' different thoughts...?

blair's man sausage
04-06-2006, 06:28 AM

he was fucking kidding have you ever read all of the times he/they talk about how they function as a unit and no part is greater than the sum???

Deoxy_Anomaly
04-06-2006, 06:29 AM
It's funny that you actually came up with it because when I'm "making love" with a beautiful woman (my girlfirend), I never stop and think to myself "Gee, having sex with her is a lot like listening to Tool..."

You don't?

blair's man sausage
04-06-2006, 06:34 AM
That's actually not what he said, completely. He said it was an album "mini" photo for cd stores to use, but he also said it WAS the album artwork. He said they made a smaller photo of it and stuck the album title and band name on it was their doing, but he never said it was no longer the album artwork.

I didn't think tool would do a lot of things before lateralus came out, I was wrong. I no longer put anything past them.

who says it's the cover artwork anyway...and if it is i'm sure there's more to it than meets the eye...kinda like the transformers or some shit

blair's man sausage
04-06-2006, 06:40 AM

amen...i'm still hoping the album will be called "Bloody Cum Fart"

Harry Manback
04-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Has it occured to anyone that by NOT hyping up the album it makes people talk about it more?

It's a marketing technique and it's working perfectly.

Opiate_Mass
04-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Oh, Im not doubting the album will rule the earth over twice. IT WILL HAPPEN. But it just freakin sucks an ass anticipating something for 5 years and every other band in existence can give a little insight into their new albums, but not TooL. I suppose maybe that's one of the badass things about them though. Just like when you and your girlfriend fight, it pisses ya off but the bond is stronger than that and a speedbump won't ruin it. Me and my girlfriend TooL are fighting right now over who's lying to who, but soon, when all is said and done, the relationship will be as strong as ever and things will be fine. I love my girlfriend.

you're a sad ***, -.- stfu and get a life

STA
04-06-2006, 08:21 AM
There are not 3 or 4 beautiful women in the UK, let alone enough for everyone else there right?

There are, but they're imported.

EulogyCallinMe
04-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Funny, every member of my band would refer to it as "There" band.....if asked individually. Like the way you refer to your house as "yours" even if YOU don't own it. (ie: your parents)

amen brother. along with that i think he was just responding sarcastically to his own comment. when he stated it was his band, and then probably realized he sounded like he was claiming posession and ownership of the band and just built on it by stating "i asked maynard to join, so its my band" as a joke, but since you cant hear vocal inflections via typed words on a page a lot of people didnt pick up the tone.
and even if adam felt like it was his band with his direction is that bad? i mean it doesnt matter to me whose band it is. if it is indeed adams band with his own musical direction then i give him even more credit as an artist being able to conduct such an incredible group of guys in a way to bring out the best out of all of them (although he stated that justin does a lot of writing too so im guessing hes not actually taking sole credit for the band that is Tool. plus he doesnt write the lyrics or drum parts which just adds to my point in saying it was just a sarcastic remark at his own statement.). I mean led zeppelin was jimmy page's baby and they were fantastic. APC used to be billy's band and now its maynards and now i dont like it as much. so it really doesnt matter does it? because regardless of whose band it is, once you listen to the new album youre going to need to buy new pants.

Opiate_Mass
04-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Aussies must have good taste in music. Lots of Australian people I've been finding into Tool lately, plus you guys have the Australian Pink Floyd Tribute show, which is the best fucking Pink Floyd tribute EVER. Saw them in November, very badass. You Aussies tear it up. Go nuts.
hahahaha, thanks

Unstuck in Time
04-06-2006, 08:42 AM
amen brother. along with that i think he was just responding sarcastically to his own comment. when he stated it was his band, and then probably realized he sounded like he was claiming posession and ownership of the band and just built on it by stating "i asked maynard to join, so its my band" as a joke, but since you cant hear vocal inflections via typed words on a page a lot of people didnt pick up the tone.
They should have put something like [laughs] after Adam's "Tool is MY band" remark. OR something like [serious]. That's common journalistic practice.

EulogyCallinMe
04-06-2006, 09:00 AM
They should have put something like [laughs] after Adam's "Tool is MY band" remark. OR something like [serious]. That's common journalistic practice.

well im also thinking he may have said it very dead panned and dry, so maybe the journalist may not have even picked up that it was a joke, it just seems a bit uncharacteristic of a thing for adam to say. plus there were buttloads of weird errors in that article and he may not have had the foresight to even include the (laughing) remark or something.

on a completely unrelated note, your signature about tdn and mos eisley made me LOL so hard.

blair's man sausage
04-06-2006, 09:01 AM

i just heard that tool broke up because danny, justin and mjk got into a fight about who's band it was and danny torched them all with a flame thrower from the promo pics...all because we took this funny innocent comment out of context...oh well

Loveboat Captain
04-06-2006, 10:34 AM
It seems Tool have no respect for journalists.

Lamb & Martyr^
04-06-2006, 10:46 AM
^Or for you.......

KJM
04-06-2006, 11:00 AM
(fear factory) obsolete is their best album imo. anything without dino is just sucking big time too.

secular glitch
04-06-2006, 11:04 AM
(fear factory) obsolete is their best album imo. anything without dino is just sucking big time too.

i like archetype (the song). the album overall isnt that great. the new one, 'transgression,' sucks.

Ancalagon
04-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Some people do care about Blair's other posts anyways. I am personally going to see Volto! tonight.

insaner
04-06-2006, 02:57 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_album

insaner
04-06-2006, 03:00 PM
They dont owe us jack sh!t. They just release records and we buy them. They are entitled to do whatever they please and release their products whenever the hell they like.

They are teasing you. How much you want to be teased is up to you.

Tool release albums for two reasons:

1. Money.
2. Communicating a message.

i disagree wholeheartedly with your premise, making the rest of your post irrelevant.

paper_head
04-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Its natural for a band to promote their new album and be excited about. Its pretentious for them to pretend it doesn't exist... like they're too good to bother talking to the rest of the world.This is just me, but that's one of the things that I love most about Tool. They're main stream, yes, but they don't over promote their music like so so so many bands of today do. They do an occasional magazine cover here and there but they don't license their music to be used in TV shows and commercials and they don't appear on movie sound tracks (At least not any more. They were on a sound track to a movie called Escape From L.A. back in the early 90s) or do live TV appearances and for some reason, I just think that makes their music all that more special as cheesy as that sounds. God I fucking love Tool.

Agenda
04-06-2006, 07:55 PM

Personally, I have never spanked my tool albums. Nor have I ever cum in my albums hair. Although at one point I did fall asleep on top of my Tool albums when they wanted to talk about our relationship

dekard49
04-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Nor have I ever cum in my albums hair.

Its all about making her famous. Oh yes.